Chicks up for a Challenge - W.O.W. Valentines Day challenge WEEK 4

jcatron243
01-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Wow. Time sure is flying by.

I hope everyone is having some good days. This weekend wasn't very good for me. BUT Today is a new day. I have my plan in place and I will follow it.

Midcycle gain has hit me (plus a sore back and terrible eating this weekend). So my scale is WAY up again.

W 80 oz
E 1.5 hour
E 1200 cals
D get everything done I skipped this weekend.

TIARA
01-24-2011, 05:21 PM
good morning everyone.. my weight isnt too great. i went up a little from this weekend. (it was moms bday)but im right on it today and i plan to walk 2 miles.. maybe more..
w 64
e 2miles
e 1200
d play basketball

WillsAngel
01-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Hey Tiara and JC!!!
Good Job getting right back on track ladies!!!

back at work today from being sick and i am WORE out but I still plan on trying to make Zumba tonight. Maybe I will take a little snooze before I go. then home, shower, dinner and bed.

W - nowhere near 64 oz
E - 986 cal so far, still have dinner to eat
E - Zumba
D - get over this flu

Nixmom
01-25-2011, 12:17 AM
Hey ladies!

I'm still here. Watching ya post, just draggin booty on getting my work/life balance. Big job responsibilities are bogging me down. Hope you are all staying on track! I'm down a pinch in weight, but its all luck (or stress). My resolve to stay focused is petering out!

I'll be back on Wednesday to catch up! Stay WEED-i-fied! Miss you all!

Clykk
01-25-2011, 12:20 AM
Hello Chickadees!

Good attitude going on here today, ladies! I feel a song comin' on!

I get knocked down!
But I get up again!
Ain't nothin' gonna keep me down!
I get knocked down!
But I get up again!
Ain't nothing gonna keep me down!

Sing it with me, ladies! I wanna hear ya!

My WI surprised me in a nice way today. I was up last week but I went down a couple pounds this week, so now I am 1/2 a pound down from my lowest 2 weeks ago. That's how it goes for me...two steps forward, one step back. Anyways, when I look at it from the long range view, I have lost a pound a week so far. I'll take it!

To beds, I must go!

TIARA
01-25-2011, 04:31 AM
hey kris...
clykk.. thanks for the song it got me hyped..lol
willsangel.. hope your feeling 100percent better soon..

Well im proud to say i did everything on my weeds. my sister and i played one on one basket ball and let me tell yu it was an experience.. lol Im glad i got in 2 miles im making a promise to myself to exercise 4 x a week at least for an hour. my bday is around the corner and i am determined to move my scale a little lower..

jcatron243
01-25-2011, 06:20 AM
Morning Ladies.

I'm sorry I'm not going to do personals.

My blood sugar is completely out of whack. I'm going to be eating a whole lot more than 1200 cals this week. I'm not sure what is going on;, but I am going to be making an appt with my doc if I can get in this week.

W 64 oz
E 25 minutes if I can manage it. Mak starts basketball tonight.
E stick to a 30 carbs per meal/snack with 5-10 of protein.
D make it through work today.

mothermavis
01-25-2011, 07:28 AM
Jeni, hope you get it figured out!

Tiara, nice job. :carrot:

Clykk, love that song, reminds me of our friend Aud that used to post often! Thanks, because I miss her! Good job this week! I do the same, up then down then back up a bit...

Kris, get your butt back here. I miss you!! :coffee:

Willsangel, hope you feel better today!!

W 100
E 10k
E OP
D Focus on the littles and the bigs will follow

WillsAngel
01-25-2011, 05:58 PM
JC - Ugghh I feel for ya!! Keep us updated!!
Tiara - WAY TO GO, i think i would die if i tried to play basketball!!
CLYKK - lOVE THE spirit!! I needed it today cuz i am just a draggin'!!
Nixmom - DO NOT LET THE STRESS WIN!! You Can DO IT - you are beautiful, strong amazing woman!!!! One step at a time, one day at a time - each small victory is a total success!!!
MotherMavis - I am totally agreeing with your "D" for today!!!

W- 64 oz
E - at 1200, rooom for a small snack later
E - still got the flu, not going back to gym until Thursday
D - Do NOT OBSSESSS about weight!!

LeanLisa
01-25-2011, 09:43 PM
Hey ladies. I seem to be in the same situation as a lot of you....I went back up a few pounds. I get so mad at myself. So BACK ON TRACK starting TOMORROW! We did get my bike fixed, and my daughter has been showing me some exercise moves to work the lower abs :) So as soon as he gets the other bike fixed, time for some nice bike rides. I won't EVEN write what I had today, it would only torture everbody. So back on it tomorrow.
Night ladies.

TIARA
01-26-2011, 02:25 AM
Jeni.. I hope every things all right...

w 64++
e 3miles
e 1200
d keep focus

jcatron243
01-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Good morning. Thanks so much for the well wishes. So far today my blood sugar seems to be okay. Yesterday I monitored it all day, so I have plenty of info for my doc. Yesterday I increased my complex carbs, and I feel better already. This morning my sugar was really good.

MM~ I love your D.

WillsAngel~I hope you get over that crud soon.

Lisa~also remember to use something non scale related to help you realize you are losing inches!! Sometimes waist size and scale do not reflect each other.

Tiara~hows the weather? did you get in your miles?

Kris~dont forget to make time for yourself!

My scale is whooshing after my mid-cycle gain. I'm not back down all the way, but I am getting close.

Mak loved BasketBall. She is such a natural. there are only 2 girls on her team.

W 100n oz ~flush out the rest of the crud.
E 35 interval run (my back feels better) 15 AMT 10 arm pedal 15 weights 10 row Maybe some steam time
E 1200 cals that include at least 120 carbs. focus on healthy eating, and keeping my sugar level up.
D~My friend posted something that is exactly how I feel "You can’t try to fit exercise into your life – you just have to decide to make it happen, no matter what."

WillsAngel
01-26-2011, 07:12 PM
Today all I have to say is UGHHH! Flu is kicking my @$$. I feel sooo guilty for not exercising but I don't have the energy, I feel awful. At least I am staying on plan!!

JC - I am glad you are feeling better. Mak is such a dynamo!!

girls, keep up the good work!

TIARA
01-27-2011, 12:32 AM
jeni.. yes i got my miles in today i walked along the beach and got some sun. It was a beautiful day i even say a turtle laying on the beach.. i live here and seeing it still makes me smile. lol

w 64
e 2 miles
e 1200
d clean my car.. :(

jcatron243
01-27-2011, 10:39 AM
Tiara~That is beautiful!

WillsAngel~dont feel guilty for not working out when you are sick. Losing weight is all about being healthy right? You don't want to torture yourself. Get yourself better then slowly get back to your workouts.

I am revamping my diet to help keep my BS steady as well as keeping with the lower cals. I will be shopping today to try to find some good protien/carbs that will keep me going.

W 80 oz
E normal off day workout
E get in good complex carbs. keep my blood sugar steady.
D Dont worry about the scale right now. focus on getting a steady blood sugar!

Clykk
01-27-2011, 11:56 AM
Good morning Songbirds!

I'm glad my song got you all singing and revved up. It is a great one for that! Yes, I remember Aud, MM. We used to have a lot of fun online, her and I.

Where, oh where, has our Aud gone?
Where, oh where, can she be? :(

I'm feeling a tad unfocused this morning, so I think I better go meditate and see if that clears the fog. :yoga:

OK, I'm back. ;)

I meditated two days ago and had a big Ah ha! moment that I wanted to share with all of you. I have a lesson that I read before I meditate and that day, I was instructed to pick a problem or concern that I had and think about all the goals I would like to be met in its resolution. I decided to focus in on my weight loss goal. I had many outcomes that I wanted to happen, but what kept floating in time and time again was:

"In the situation involving my weight loss, I would like to feel happy as my end goal."

It struck me to the core that I was actually holding out on my own happiness right now and putting it onto a weight loss goal being accomplished. Now, I can't say that this was a new idea, but it definitely changed my attitude that day and the day after when I was working my WEED (or not!). I now was no longer working my WEED and anticipating a future happiness. Instead, I was in the moment feeling happiness and I just happened to be exercising or eating or drinking water or looking at myself in the mirror. My happiness didn't get latched on to how my body looked.

Last night, the magic of that understanding wore off when I looked in the mirror before crawling into bed. Probably why I feel a slight funky this morning. :p So, I am going to re-affirm that my happiness does not have to depend on a goal of weight loss being accomplished in the future. Happiness is here now. I choose to recognise it NOW. :flow2:

Have a happy day, Chickadees!

emiloots
01-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Hey Ladies -

Weigh in day for me :(
PrePregWeight: 164.0
1st trimester (5-13 weeks): 165.4 (+ 1.4)
14 weeks: 167.0
15 weeks: 169.0
16 weeks: 169.4
17 weeks: 169.8
18 weeks: 171.0
19 weeks: 172.4 (+8.4)

Doing good, we had about 18" of snow yesterday into last night so I'm really hoping we're done with the storm for this winter - I'm totally over them. I want sun, warm air, blooming flowers and grass now!

Jeni - hope you're feeling better and get the BS under control soon

Clykk - I've always meant to try and get into mediation, hopefully soon. Hope you get out of your morning funk :)

Tiara - walking on the beach....I'm so jealous! Enjoy some sun for me, we can only dream of it right now!

Wills - take care of yourself, hopefully it passes quickly :hug:

Mavis, Kris, Lisa - Hi!!!

Hang in there ladies, Friday's just around the corner (yay!)

mothermavis
01-28-2011, 07:11 AM
Morning all!

Clykk, cool thought, gonna try to take use it as well!

Tiara, add me to the jealous. I, on the other hand, fell on the snow and ice yesterday instead of walking on the beach...Emi, I am so with you, sick of the snow....

WA hope you are feeling better.

Jeni, same with you, get the BS figured out so you can feel better too!

Crappy day yesterday, fell, hurt my back my hip and my wrist. Son's car broke down on the interstate, both kids need books for college, OS needs $ for housing, just paid tuition, taxes are due, licensing fees are due and kids leave for college tomorrow. Call me gloomy....

w 100 is the goal
e unlikely today
e have to stick with it, esp if I am not getting the exercise
d grrr, keep your head above water

Clykk
01-28-2011, 02:14 PM
W 80 oz (64)
E Lower body weights
E Body For Life plan
D Above all else, I want to see things differently.

Cereal/Blueberries - 8:30 AM
Egg/Rye Bread/Protein shake - 12:30 PM
Crackers/Turkey - 3 PM
Pork Chops/Veggies/Crackers/Low Fat Cheese/White Wine - 7:30 PM

MM - Aargh! That darn ice! Isn't it scary falling? I fell 5 years ago and fractured my wrist. I am super paranoid now out in anything that might resemble icy conditions. My DS fractured his wrist a couple weeks ago snowboarding, so thoughts of falling on ice are very prevalent for me right now. I hope the aches and pains from the fall don't hang around too long. :hug:

And as to money matters, I just happen to be doing the personal finances as we speak. Never a fun day for me! My remedy is to breathe, breathe, breathe. Join me if you wish!

Breathe in ~
Breathe out ~
Breathe in ~
Breathe out ~ :yoga:

Emiloots - The morning funk passed. Thanks for asking. Tell me, why do you have a sad face next to your WI day announcement? You've only put on 8.4 pounds. You are doing great, don't you think?!

OK, back to this crazy thing called life!

jcatron243
01-29-2011, 07:01 AM
:wave:

Flyby. I cant believe I didn't check in yesterday. Got in my WEED.

Todays

W 80 oz
E nothing I have to go pick up my new treadmill :)
E 1500 cals.
D make it through work.

Clykk
01-29-2011, 01:52 PM
W 80 oz (half way there)
E Lower body weights (Didn't do this yesterday!)
E Body For Life plan
D Talk about wanting to eat off-plan before I do it. Maybe that will stop me!? Worth a try.

Cereal/Blueberries - 9:00 AM
1/2 Bagel/Protein Shake - 12:30 PM

I bought some Peanut M & M's last night when I took the dog out for her evening stroll. If I could only stop eating sugary snacks after dinner, I think I would drop weight faster. I know in the past it has been helpful to tell my husband about me secret plans to eat off-plan (it's usually done in secret). The hardest part is telling him. But I will tonight. I will.

jcatron243
01-31-2011, 11:05 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/224278-w-o-w-valentines-day-challenge-week-5-a.html#post3685596