Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 08:47 AM   #1  

Default starving myslef basically ..its working too

Last edited by Callybaby1; 01-24-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Please be careful. You should be taking in at least 1200 calories a day. Also, you might see results right now but eating so little will slow down your metabolism and weight lss. You really need to have breakfast to jumpstart your body after an entire night. The method you are using will not be sustainable and as soon as you eat regular you will gain weight back.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:14 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
Please be careful. You should be taking in at least 1200 calories a day. Also, you might see results right now but eating so little will slow down your metabolism and weight lss. You really need to have breakfast to jumpstart your body after an entire night. The method you are using will not be sustainable and as soon as you eat regular you will gain weight back.
yh i suppose so ive been told.. but i did this before and ive not gained the weight back thats the thing :/..my weight wen going to the gym is just not going down!
Old 01-24-2011, 09:18 AM   #4  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

3 milkshakes 3 times a day??? As in 9 milkshakes total? Or do you mean 1 milkshake 3 times a day? And do you mean milkshakes as in ice cream and milk or something like slim fast?

Either way, this kind of "diet" sounds dreadful and unhealthy and totally not sustainable for the rest of your life...

My advice is to find a REAL diet plan that offers real nutrition and follow the directions.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 01-24-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

This is not a good way to diet, sure , you will lose weight, but you will not be able to keep it up long term, and it may be harmful to your health.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:25 AM   #6  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

If you're posting this in weight loss support section, you're looking for support for this choice? In which case I don't think you'll find it here. In your subject line you say you're starving yourself, so even YOU know it's not a smart choice. Your body deserves better - the wide range of nutrients from the various food groups. You know that to be true.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Yes, when people starve themselves, they lose a lot of weight - a great deal of muscle tissue and then onto organ failure. That is also why a disease like anorexia has such a high death rate, and people waste away to skeletons with severe health complications.

Is this what you want?
Old 01-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Well, it's hard to tell what you're asking us, and I'm not clear if your plan is to only eat dinner or milkshakes or a combination. Most people find that the best diet is the one that's sustainable. You seem to be saying that you're eating almost nothing, losing weight and have kept it off in the past. So it leads me to wonder why you're still trying to lose weight. 3FC supports many healthy eating plans, so I don't think you'll find a lot of support for a plan that is basically starvation.

What is it you're looking for from us?

Finally, it's hard for me to read your posts. You don't write out all your words or use a lot of punctuation. I realize it may be quicker to type that way, but it's hard for many people to read (perhaps I'm showing my age!).
Old 01-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

I'm not going to tell you that what your doing is unhealthy because you know it is and your going to hear it from everyone else what I am going to tell you is that you get a big dip any time you start a diet or exercise plan and that you probably just lot a lot of water weight and not any real lbs. I'm also going to let you know that the method you are using is going to cause you to loose a lot of lean muscle mass which makes you appear thinner, keeps your metabolism up, and keeps you healthy. Not only are you going to appear fatter at the same weight if you lose muscle mass but since you are I assume a female it is going to take you months or years to build back the muscles you lose if you stick to this plan for too long. Try doing things the smart way it will save you a lot of time, aggrevation, and self doubt in the long run.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 175/165/129

Height: 5'3"

As a previous posted said, while you may be losing weight now - your metabolism will slow and weight loss will slow. The way to increase your metabolism, to burn fat, is to eat 5-6 small meals a day (preferably combing a lean protein and a complex carbohydrate). This process speeds up your metabolism and your body does not try to hold on to the minimal amounts of food it is getting. What you are doing is not at all healthy for you - and in the long run you will gain all of that weight back anyway because you can not sustain for any length of time with what you are doing.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #11  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

I did a liquid diet once called the Cambridge Diet. I also tried Slim-Fast as meal replacements. I weighed around 145 when I did the first one and about 160-180 all the times I tried the second one.

Here I am over 200 and trying to get back down to my previous high weights.

Do drastic, simplistic "I just won't eat!" diet plans work in the long run? You do the math. But I think you know that even though you posted here. I'm afraid you won't find much appreciation for your chosen plan, although if you decide to go with a more realistic, livable plan, you'll certainly find plenty of support here.

There are a lot of ways to get you where you want to go: low-carb, counting calories, Weight Watchers, Ideal Protein, some vegetarian/vegan plans, you name it. I have yet to see a poster here who lost significant weight or maintained a weight loss on any liquid diet that was not medically supervised like Oprah and her Optifast back in the late 80s.

Oh, yeah--and Oprah regained the weight she lost from THAT, too--even though she's rich and had a cadre of doctors helping her. That's how well liquid diets work long-term.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #12  

aww okay no i meant just 1 slimfast 3x a day..and yh i relaise pretty bad idea fanx ppl just wanted to see what the majoraty of you said
Old 01-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #13  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

You aren't losing fat, you are losing MUSCLE. That's why a lot of anorexic people are soft and squishy because they have depleted their muscle mass which is what BURNS those calories and fat off in the first place.

So while you may think "oh the scale is down" I bet your measurements are pretty much the same.

Focus on a plan with lots of good protein, lots of vegetables, few carbs and fruits, and you will lose weight and do it the right way. Unless you plan on eating 1 meal the rest of your life you won't be able to do it. The second you up your calories the scale will dramatically increase because your body is in starvation mode. You want to be thin AND healthy don't you?
Old 01-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #14  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

As a lot of people have already stated, you are losing a fair amount of muscle. The body needs protein which is composed of amino acids that we use in order to function (BRAIN FUNCTION). We can make and manufacture only a certain number, the rest must come from diet. If you are not eating what you need, your body goes to it's next available source, your own muscle tissue. We do not store protein like we store fat, you NEED to eat to lose weight. Muscle tissue is what keeps you lean as it takes more energy to maintain and gaining it back takes more work than just eating your way back to health. Please see a doctor and discuss a healthy way to lose weight.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

This person has just edited out her post so I will close this thread. Let's hope she listened and finds a healthy path.
Closed Thread