Simply Filling/Core - weekly chat Jan 24-30th

View Full Version : weekly chat Jan 24-30th

jojo23
01-24-2011, 05:30 AM
We are decorating the landing (hallway upstairs) today. It is L shaped and long and gloomy so we have been putting it off. This decorating is going very slowly, we just canít get into the right frame of mind

Face back to normal!

sloanie
01-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the new pages Jojo. I'm off to the funeral today. BBL

beach bum
01-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Its bitter cold on the Cape woke up to 0 % [zero degrees] and I'm not going outdoors if you paid me. But I must say that my fireplace insert made the house a comfy 70' in no time . The thermostat read 58 when I got up.

I'm sorry for the poor JETS and breaking the heart of my older twin granddaughter.Oh well there always next season.

Nothing new, was suppose to go out to the bank to put my DD name on the safe deposit box,so she has the right away to get my will,health proxy and living will just in case anything happens to me,but it going to wait until it gets warmer.Just heard on the radio the Wind chill is equal to -21 below.The last time we had this kind of cold was in 2005.Told people to dress properly with less exposure to the skin.

JOJO-Thanks for the new pages,Take it easy and think of what you want to do,remember Rome was built in one day.

SLOANE-Take care of yourself,as you went though so much this New Year.

Have to get dressed and showered,than I'm going to look at what I can buy On Pea Pod.

Have a great day

ems81wales
01-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Hey everyone hope you all well i have been busy this weekend i went to manchester england to watchthe football and then on sunday it was my bf birthday so spent the day and night with him. Hope your all well? im not to good to be honest but im holding on in there xxxx

ontarget
01-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Good morning, Chickies. I did all right eatingwise yesterday even though I indulged at lunch. Thank goodness for fruit!! For dinner Curtis and I split a sandwich. Other than that, all I ate was fruit. This morning I have a dental appointment for a filling. On top of that, I think I chipped a tooth last week so we'll have to address that. What next?

Sloan, my thoughts are with you.

Ems, tell BF :hb: I'm glad ya'll had a good weekend. It's all right to indulge every now and then. Curtis and I designate "Special Occasions". You know what to do and will be all right.

JoJo, I'm glad your face is back to normal.

Maryann, I remember those cold spells in Montana. Stay safe and warm.

ems81wales
01-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks sandra hope your tooth is ok.

I had some treats this weekend but im back on track now but in all fairness i did point everything i had and im still within my weekly points :D

Im just tired and fed up at the moment as im not sleeping im really stressed with uni and other things xxx

blessedwithsarah
01-24-2011, 01:11 PM
Hi everyone. Ended up going skating yesterday afternoon rather than the Y. It was a lot of fun, 2 of my sisters came and my neice was with my dd. I made sure we all skated at a good pace for an hour - we ended up doing about 70 minutes. I've been diligent in tracking everything - tomorrow is my fist wi. I still have about 23 activity points and about 27 weekly points left over.

Sandra, glad to hear the paint came out OK. I'm courous as to what the kids were doing that un hooked your bra!! I have helped out in our nursery a few times - not my favorite. I enjoy helping with the older kids better. Our nursery is birth to 3, then they go into preschool sunday school.

Nancy, glad to hear Robin continues to do well. I do agree its best you focus on him now. The move can wait - it would be so much on your shoulders, you don't need to have extra stress right now.

Maryann, stay warm today. Your lucky not having to go out in this weather - I had to go to a Drs appt on my way into work. My car was at -2 my whole ride in this morning. I told DH to make sure DD was very bundled up waiting for the bus. The good news its going to be a balmy 30 tomorrow!

Well, off to get some lunch.

pam920
01-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Hello ladies.

jojo, thanks for starting the new thread and glad your face is back to normal.

Maryann, stay in where it's warm. Couldn't pay me enough to venture out in that temp. Can't believe I used to work in those temps, delivering the mail. Only time I really got cold was when it would reach 0 degrees with a wind chill of 30 below. Then I would get so cold. I dressed in layers and walking builds up a lot of body heat.

sloan, thoughts are with you on this sad day.

ems, glad u had a great weekend with birthday boy.

Paula, loved ice skating when I was a kid. Great exercise.

Sandra, thank goodness for free fruit.

blessedwithsarah
01-24-2011, 03:55 PM
I've been getting the Hungry Girl emails recently (thanks to someone here who mentioned it, I think Pam??). An interesting tid bit regarding laughing cow cheese wedges -- 1 is one point, but 2 is also 1 point. I just played around with the points caclulator - it is true for the light version except the Sundried Tomato one. Just wanted to share. I had this last night on Wasa light crispbreads (3 for 1 point).

********* From Hungry Girl ***********
What's the Deal with the Cow?
A recent email of some HG staples prompted MANY subscribers to write in, asking us if we're SURE that TWO wedges of The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese have a total PointsPlus™ value of 1*. Here's the scoop: The wedges USED to have higher stats on their labels. But last year, the brand quietly rolled out new packaging to reflect lower sodium and fat counts, resulting from small tweaks made over the years to the product's nutritional content. Check the back of the wheel and note that each wedge has 35 calories, 1.5g fat, 210mg sodium, 1g carbs, 0g fiber, 1g sugars, and 2g protein; double those numbers and plug 'em into your WW calculator, and you'll see that two wedges have a total PointsPlus™ value of 1*. If a food database tells you otherwise, it hasn't been updated to factor in the lower fat count. And now you know!

ems81wales
01-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Hey pam hope your well i had a good weekend with birthday boy. I went to aerobics tonight im done in now lol xxx

ontarget
01-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Paula, I guess that did sound weird about the bra coming unhooked. The kids didn't do anything. It was just me bending and stooping picking up toys. I tried to wear it once to an archery tournament and the top 2 hooks came undone while I was shooting. Guess I need to be "more still" when wearing it.
Our kids were supposed to be up to 4 but there was a 5.5 yo there. We had 9 little ones Sunday. The powers who be are talking of splitting into "older/younger" groups but so far they're all together.

Wow! You have earned a lot of activity points! You should have a fantastic wi tomorrow. Be sure to come here and post.

Ems, what is "uni"? I hope you get some rest tonight. Congrats on staying within your points range.

Well, Chickies, my tooth had to get crowned. I am just now getting feeling back.

Pam, I didn't know you used to be a mail carrier. Yep, loving that fruit!!

Tejas
01-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Hi everybody:

I had a great workout followed by a massage. My massage therapist was really laughing in a complementary way about my muscle development :woohoo:

It looks like Paula gets the best part of winter with the skating and Maryann is getting the worst part right now. Spring is only a few months away! :lol:

Vickie, where are you??

Rhonda

jojo23
01-25-2011, 04:16 AM
Another grey overcast day.. darnit!

Paula Thanks for the Laughing Cow info. We love it on toast.

Sloan: I really feel for your family, what a horrid start to 2011. A few years ago, we lost treasured friends and also neighbours within a short space of time. Towards the end, the crematorium staff said ĎHello again!í when we walked in. I hope you all come out of this dark period and into the light soon.

Maryann: We intend to take your advice today and have a long break at lunchtime.

Ems. Belated birthday wishes to your BF.

Sandra: Howís the tooth? Crown on yet?

Rhonda: I canít wear LíOreal. As soon as I put it on, I come out in an itchy rash. I also have trouble with Avon.

blessedwithsarah
01-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Hi everyone. I did my WI this morning after the gym -- I lost 7 pds!!! I'm thrilled. I do know it was the week 1 honeymoon as my eating habits were not close to where they needed to be prior to starting WW last week. I've updated my ticker here to match my WW online wi. I've set a modest goal for now - to get to my lowest from a couple years back. If I can get there easily enough I'll go for another 5 pounds.

I just had to share!!! I can say that I do love being back on Core -- I can't get used to calling it the Simply filling Technic. too many words.....oh well.

Off to drop off a meal for a Girl Scout mom who had surgery then off to have my hair cut. Enjoy!

ontarget
01-25-2011, 04:07 PM
JoJo, I am temporarily crowned Queen of My Villa. I'll get the permanent crown on Valentines' Day. That should help me stay sf. :lol: Today is Day 231. I'm starting to amaze myself. I wear Clinique. Have you tried it or Almay? Both are good for folks with sensitive skin.

Paula, pick me up off the floor!!!!! That is an amazing loss!! Honeymoon or not--that's fantastic!! I'm like you and prefer CORE to SF. I'm eating mainly CORE foods but am counting points to keep me inline portionwise. We had grilled tilapia for lunch. It was yummy.

Rhonda, that's funny about your massage therapist. Mine commented on my shoulder development. I don't know if they are large due to archery or due to heredity. Prob both.

Vickie, how are you doing?

I'm waving at all yet to get here today. Hope you're having the day you want. BBL

Tejas
01-25-2011, 04:17 PM
SEVEN pounds?! :woohoo:

pam920
01-25-2011, 04:18 PM
On a break. Putting in this new whirlpool tub is becoming a headache, but it's fiinally inside it's frame. My poor husband had to extend the drain, etc, as the plumbing wasn't matching up with the old tub.

Paula, that is amazing, 7 lbs. A big whoop-di-do Congratulations!!!

Sandra, congrats on being Queen. Please explain what MY Villa is, lol.

Hi to everyone, am tired and need to relax for the rest of the day.

ems81wales
01-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Sandra uni is university :d

Cheers jojo he had a nice day thanks :D

well done on the 7lbs pauls

I want a hot tub pam hehe

ontarget
01-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Pam, "My Villa" is my humble abode. We live in a single wide modular unit that doubles as an indoor archery range. Get some rest. Just think of the activity points you're earning working around your home.

Ems, I feel so silly. I can't think what all I was thinking "uni" meant. :lol:

We're watching a John Wayne movie. I get up every few minutes and do some :ebike:. This is a good way for me to get the exercise in for today.

beach bum
01-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had a lot to do this morning and also had my first physical therapy appointment.They gave me some knee exercisers to do at home and I won't be on the bike until later on in the treatment.

Going to SNOW SNOW SNOW for the next couple of days with rain in-between so I just completed my second Pea Pod Order,that will arrive on Friday between 9AM-12 Noon.

LADIES-Thanks, that's just what I'm doing staying safe and warm.That's what so great being retired.

PAULA-BIG CONGRATS:carrot:ON YOUR 7 POUND LOSS:carrot:

Have a great evening

ontarget
01-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Maryann, glad you have Pea Pod. Sounds very helpful.

I've done 30 min :ebike: I may do more during Biggest Loser. I'm subbing the next 3 days. Have a good evening, everyone!

pam920
01-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Sandra, you are making me feel guilty for not exercising. I tape Biggest Loser so I can ff thru the commercials. I'm rested so I think I'll do the 2 mile walk with Leslie Sansone. It's on youtube. I had tilapia and veggies for dinner. Been trying to downsize my portions. I would have liked some quinoa with it, but passed and just made more veggies. So far today I haven't used a single point. Love Simply filling.

Paula, I looked up the Arnolds and saw that the 3 lite versions had the green triangle. Thanks again for bringing that to my attention.

Maryann, how often do you have PT? I didn't have any PT with my scope, but did with the osteotomy. I did a lot of pool therapy.

ems, I am going to love getting in that tub after all this work. My dear late father showed me how to use drills, saws, etc and the two of us built a workshop in my basement. We used to take orders and build shelves, cabinets, etc. back in the early 90's. So, I'm thankful for all he taught me as it comes in handy when I help my husband.

Ok, I see Sandra tapping her toe, waiting for me to get moving.

Tejas
01-25-2011, 08:53 PM
OK, Pam, I bought bookshelves and got to work cleaning up the place. I didn't build the shelves, but at least they're here. Thanks for the motivation.

pam920
01-25-2011, 10:23 PM
That's a start Rhonda. You give me motivation with all your activities. Tap, weight training, etc.

State of the Union at 9. Biggest Loser was only on for an hour. I can't find the second hours in my guide. Is it only 1 hr this week? I haven't watched it yet, but I'm thinking I may have to watch the entire show online tomorrow.

ontarget
01-25-2011, 11:31 PM
Pam, I think it's just one hour this week. I opted out on my brown rice today and had more veggies with my tilapia, too.

nancy237
01-25-2011, 11:50 PM
The doctor told us this morning that it may be Thur or Friday before we can go home. The past few days he has had some kidney numbers that weren't great,
swelling, shortness of breath and just feeling overall punky.. We were sorta expecting to breeze through this week like his last Chemo but this has been
tougher on him. I am tired and feeling low today. My son's dog ate some sugarless gum and had to have his stomach pumped and is at the vet with
unstable blood sugars. You would think if it is that poisonous to dogs they would put it in a package they cant chew up.

Sorry this is all downer news but that's what's up here :cry:

sloanie
01-26-2011, 12:13 AM
I'm reading posts but don't feel like chatting. Love you all!

Tejas
01-26-2011, 12:29 AM
Nancy :hug:

jojo23
01-26-2011, 02:39 AM
What a shock yesterday afternoon. A gentleman called Phil lives across the road from us, mid 40's single, living with mum and dad. I was talking to him yesterday morning and getting some advice on pruning our shrubs. Yesterday afternoon our local beat bobby (cop) knocked at the door and asked if we had heard the news? No, we hadnít. Apparently, at lunchtime Phil went out to put something in the dustbin (trash) and fell to the ground. He had had a massive heart attack and diedÖ just like that. Great for him, he knew nothing bout it but dreadful for his elderly parents. They have a daughter living in Scotland, which is almost the other end of the UK to us. She came down last evening.

Sandra: I use Almay and Clinique. Boots, one of our chain-store chemists, sells a range called number 7 and I can wear most of that too.

I say Paula 7lbs!! Thatís about what your head weighs isnít it? Congratulations.:twirly:::bravo::hat:

Sloan You OK love?

Talk to all of you tomorrow. Going to see my mum this morning, then a bit of grocery shopping

ems81wales
01-26-2011, 07:09 AM
Not good jojo the poor man :(

Pam i want a hot tub hehe can you come and fit me one in please lol

Hope your all well xxx

ontarget
01-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Nancy and Sloan, :hug:

JoJo, that's sad about your neighbor. I feel sad for his family. I have my Clinique on and am ready to go to school.

This should be an easy day. I'll have the same students till 2 pm. (and it's a really small class). Now tonight I may be posting otherwise, and did I mention I have this same class tomorrow?

Ems, what is your major?

sloanie
01-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Mornin' chicks. We are having another snow day! We are so behind at school, but I do love staying in my jammies all day. I think today I will do just that. I'm really tired; not feeling depressed as such, just tired. I don't know if all the funerals are finally taking their toll or if I just need to get more rest. My eating has not been too bad, and I'm getting close to my "pre-holiday" weight.

Paula, I'm so excited for you! Are you having the lite bread that is now included in the SFT?

Sandra, have a good day subbing. Are the students cooperative or do they try to give you "the business"? We have had about 10 days of class, so I'm still getting to know my students. Since we've had so many snow days, it's really hard to get motivated (for students and teachers). BTW, I'm so proud of your sugar free marathon! You are a champ!

Rhonda, I've been on an organizing kick lately, and I highly recommend baskets and bins. It really makes everything look neat and tidy. We are a messy bunch, so having our junk stored in baskets really helps. Also, you can re-purpose cardboard boxes by wrapping the outsides of them with wrapping paper to make them look presentable on your shelves.

Maryann, that Pea Pod sounds awesome. I'm glad you have them. How's your knee? I hope the physial therapy helps you recover quickly.

Ems, let me know if you get Pam to come install your tub. I think I'll hire her, too!

Pam, I think you are going to have to start a home remodeling business. I know several chicks who would be good clients.

Jojo, I am okay. I guess I really needed this snow day to rest. I plan to stay on the couch all day. Vance stayed home, too. When he gets up, I am going to have him build a fire in the fireplace because I'm not even going to get up to do that. How sad for your neighbors! Although it will be difficult for you and Mark, I'll bet you two will be a real comfort to them.

Nancy, I remember when my dad started chemo, we were told that with each round of chemo the side effects might increase. Maybe that is the case with Robin. I hope he is feeling better today, and you are taking care of "you"! Don't forget to check out that site I told you about. Posting there with other people who are going through the same thing might be very therapeutic for you.

Vickie, are you guys frozen? I hope all is well with you, Jim, and Brodie. Let us hear from you.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, I apologize. Have a good day chickies. BBL

beach bum
01-26-2011, 11:08 AM

This is going to be fast as I have another PT in another 10 min. So, I'm in a hurry,will come back some time this afternoon.. I'm going to the bank right after PT and than home to cook my dinner.

See you guys later

Tejas
01-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Oh, what a story about your neighbor's death. His poor parents.

Sloan, good idea about repurposing boxes. I do have those!

Sandra, I hope your subbing is going OK.

Pam, I liked the story about your dad teaching you things. My dad was an electrical contractor who wanted to teach me things. But, my mother was opposed to that. :lol: I wish he had, I could have saved some money. Of course, electricity is rather scarey and my mother must have been petrified. One of my dad's partners electocuted himself and we never forgot that.

BBL

Off to the gym!

blessedwithsarah
01-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Hi everyone. Another storm heading our way -- Thanks Sloan, can you stop sending them to the north east!! School concert for tonight is postponed until next week, and I'm betting on another snow day tomorrow. I need to work, but dd can hang with dh. The snow is supposed to stop by 8am, I doubt the town will have roads plowed enought for the busses.

Jojo, so sorry about your neighbor. That is so young.. Sad.

Sloan, I have started adding lite bread into my days. Its always been something I've stayed away from. Some how it didn't seem worth the points. But I bought some ff deli meat yesterday so I can make a SF sandwich.

Pam, I need to look for the arnolds again. Last time I checked I saw only 1. I might not have been searching on the brand name. Must do that today!

Nancy, keeping you in my thoughts. I hope Robin improves and can be discharged this week.

Have a good day.

ems81wales
01-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Sandra my degree is in psychology :D

Solan if pam comes and fits it il let you know how good of job she does hehe.

hope your all ok? Im so hungry today and it is getting on my nerves as my weigh in is tomorrow night :(

pam920
01-26-2011, 04:14 PM
hello.

jojo, such a sad story. I know you will be there to offer comfort to them, with your big heart.

sloan, this tub install is going very slow, as the plumbing was giving my husband a headache. We finally got the drain and overflow taken care of. We are in no hurry and are taking our time getting it done. The whole bathroom needs a redo. The house was built in 80's and the decor shows it. I took before pics to compare.

Maryann, what's for dinner? Hope the PT went well.

Paula, I just got back from the grocery store and could not find the lite version of Arnolds. I ended up buying the rye and it's 3 pt+. My sis told me about this sandwich she made and it made me want rye bread, lol. I also bought the Wasa's and some laughing cow.

ems, good luck at WI tomorrow. I am hoping to see the scale move downward, but won't be upset if it doesn't. I did good this week, so we will see.

Rhonda, have fun exercising. I still have to do my walking tapes. My dad could do anything, and he actually taught me some electrical. Nothing major, but I can change a socket, etc, lol.

Prayers for Robin and Nancy.

bb.

nancy237
01-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Hey guys..

Robin's swelling has gone down some today and his breathing is better but he still feels pretty bad. His throat is sore so he is eating all soft things. I got him some frozen fruit that we keep in the freezer here on the hospital floor and he likes that. Everyone is telling him happy birthday but he feels so bad I am sure he is thinking "whats so happy about it"

Pam ..we are an interesting group..You carried mail and know your way around a workshop..That is way cool..

Sloan ..I think you are right about it being chemo..They forgot to tell us that
the effects could increase each time. We were expecting to breeze through this like the first round.
Thanks for reminding me about that site , I am going to check it out right now.

blessedwithsarah
01-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Pam, the Arnolds Sandwich thins don't have a light brand. The 100% whole wheat and the Whold Grain varieties are considerd Power foods and 0 on the SFT. HTH

ontarget
01-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Ems, do you teach at the uni? I'm sending you ;) ;) ;) ;) for a good wi.

Sloan, the kids were amazingly good. They are working on computers taking different self-paced courses so they can graduate. These are kids who for some reason don't function well in a regular class. It's not what's called "Alternative." Those classes are for behavior problems. Now these kids aren't perfect, but they were cooperative when I'd tell them to get busy. I'm looking forward to being with them tomorrow. (That says a lot right there.) :lol: My main job is to keep them working.

Nancy, I'm glad Robin's swelling has gone down. Be sure to take care of yourself, too.

pam920
01-26-2011, 06:10 PM
hi Sandra. Glad your kids behaved for you today. You must be doing something right.

Paula, I have the food companion and I looked up Arnold's. Is Arnold's bread the same as Arnold's sandwich thins? I bought the thins and calculated 3 pp+. I wish I didn't have to count them, lol. I also bought some veggies slices, they are a soy cheese. I got the pepper jack. I don't see them listed anywhere so I just counted the point. I'm gonna get my book out and look again for the Arnolds. If you have the book, what page is it on. Thanks

Happy Birthday to Robin.

sloanie
01-26-2011, 06:47 PM
I just looked at the internet, and we are out of school AGAIN! Luckily, we still have a few snow days left.

ontarget
01-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Pam, thank you for the compliment. I appreciate it very much.

Sloan, no snow days here. I have my lunch packed for tomorrow. I made a CORE goulash.

Today I took a wrap made with cheese and lettuce and tomatoes. I figured 5 points. For dinner we had a Tuscan white bean soup/ham. I made a pan of cornbread but it wasn't CORE.

ontarget
01-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Pam, thank you for the compliment. I appreciate it very much.

Sloan, no snow days here. I have my lunch packed for tomorrow. I made a CORE goulash.

Today I took a wrap made with cheese and lettuce and tomatoes. I figured 5 points. For dinner we had a Tuscan white bean soup/ham. I made a pan of cornbread but it wasn't CORE. :hun:

blessedwithsarah
01-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Pam, the exact wording for the SF items:
Arnold Select multigrain sandwich thin
Arnold Select 100% whole wheat sandwich thin

Check out this link for a picture
http://www.arnoldbread.com/thins/

HTH!

jojo23
01-27-2011, 03:27 AM
Sloanie Thanks for the tip about the boxes. Mark is a dreadful hoarder, no matter how much room we have, he fills it. Even the cups hanging up on the dresser have ‘little things which may come in handy’ in them.

Don’t worry Nancy, Robin’s reaction is quite normal. Chemo is a funny thing. Patients get to a level that makes them feel rotten and then, they go up a gear and cope as right as rain again. No one can predict when the plateau comes, all go through it, but it isn’t very nice for them, or their relatives.

What a day I had yesterday. I had to update my virus protection. I got it in OK, but my computer kept telling me it wasn’t in. When I tried (many times) to reinstall it, the site kept telling me that I already had it in and couldn’t reinstall. To cut a long story short, in the end, and by now 2 hours and many swear words had passed, I did a systems restore to the day before, and started over from scratch. I wish I had thought of it straight away.

My mum was very switched on when we went to see her yesterday. It was like having the old mum back. We could talk about all sorts of things and I brought her up to date with all the gossip. Of course it won’t last, she will have another little bleed and be back to the nasty old woman she has become, but it was a very special time to be given back my proper mum for a few hours.

Boy, am I glad I write my posts in the processor and cut and paste. I just lost all this, so was mighty relieved to be able to re paste it!

I've just read this in a magazine 'If it has tyres or testicles, you are going to trouble with it' I just had to share it

Tejas
01-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Jojo :rofl:

beach bum
01-27-2011, 01:03 PM

Couldn't get on the board yesterday for some strange reason.So I kept in touch with my friends via phone. Had a PT session yesterday morning and poor was my ligaments again.Was to do another session at home but I just couldn't get the stretches from hurting so I quit for the day.

Well we,on the Cape got hit with 6" snow.My car is buried,and looks like a lump of snow in the front of my house. My neighbor brought my garbage can in last night so I don't have to look for it this AM.

PAULA-I'm staying warm we had 6" of the white stuff this morning. WoW!!!-2 that's cold. I think we had that sometime early in the wee where out town hit -0. Can't wait until this winter is over.Had to go to my PT session yesterday and my therapist told me to get some yaktrax to put on my boots so I don't fall in the ice or snow. I have them somewhere in the house but I don't know where,must find them.

PAM-That's what I do dress in layers,I try not to go out if not necessary,I haven't been to my mailbox lately as we have our condo one at the end of the main street. Happy I have Pea Pod delivering my food. The signed me up for PT until the 15th of Feb. So I guess its 3 weeks,and than I can do it at home. I had a fish fillet dinner,with mashed potatoes and green beans.

JOJO-Glad you had a long break.Oh!! JOJO When I read you post about your neighbor,and only 40 year old. Brought back memories,when my friend from the choir told me her son shoveled snow for the woman that lived next door and when he finished he went inside and had a heart attack sitting in this favorite car. The man was in the 40's also. so sad,you never know why???

SANDRA-Very happy that I found the food delivery service,especially when I can't go outdoors. Don't like the Biggest Loser show anymore I tape it the other night for 1hr before the president came on with his speech.Will watch it when I have nothing else to watch.

NANCY-I'm so sorry :hug: your way

SLOAN-Its hurts now that I'm doing the exercisers I guess I will have to get my muscles in that area working again.

Have to start my dinner,have a nice day

Tejas
01-27-2011, 04:08 PM
I want to tell you about a frozen pizza. The brand is Amy's. Of course, it's not Core, but an individual pie has 440 calories, 19g of fat and a 18g of protein. On top of that, the pizzas are very tasty and organic.

pam920
01-27-2011, 06:57 PM
I wonder how many points? do you know the carbs and fiber?

Maryann, so sorry for all the snow you are getting. I'm not sure if we have an grocery deliveries in our area.

jojo, glad you had a good visit with your mum.

I lost another pound. Slowly but surely.

Paula, thanks for the info. I was not seeing that in any of my materials, and asked my leader this morning. She didn't know but said she's find out. I just went to my etools and typed in arnold and see what you posted. Thanks again.

Need to fix dinner, so I'll try to check in later.

ontarget
01-27-2011, 07:46 PM
JoJo, :lol: I'm glad you had some time with your mother. What a blessing!

Maryann, I understand Biggest Loser isn't for everyone. I really enjoy it and look forward to it every week. It's my favorite show.

Rhonda, I'm going to check out those pizzas.

Pam, congrats on losing that pound.

I'm subbing for the tennis coach again tomorrow and also 2 days next week.

This afternoon Curtis and I took a walk around the pasture. Wild blackberries have new leaves and our Bradford pear is budding. We have a cold spell next week, but all should be fine.

Tejas
01-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Amy's Pizza

440 Calories
170 calories from fat
total fat 19 g
no trans fat
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 780 mg
Total carbohydrate 52 g
Fiber 3 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 18 g

They are vegetarian and organic. $3.95

The data is for the Pesto variety and most are essentially the same.

nancy237
01-27-2011, 10:13 PM
:cp::cp:

We are home in our own bed tonight. The Dr told us at 8 am that we could go home today and finally by 8 pm we actually left the hospital.

All his numbers are normal for just finishing Chemo,
swelling is down, breathing is good. But he is very tired and groggy and can hardly say awake long enough to eat.. He is only taking in drinks because his throat hurts so I am going to make him a protein shake in the morning..

We go back to the hospital for platelets on Sat & Monday but won't have to stay overnight.

ontarget
01-27-2011, 10:34 PM
Nancy, I'm glad ya'll are home. Thank you for telling us.

jojo23
01-28-2011, 04:06 AM
Nancy. Glad Robin’s home. There’s nothing better than sleeping tucked up in your own little bed. Particularly when you are not feeling 100%

Maryann. I know what you mean. It seems so unfair doesn’t it? Nice for the person who has passed away but dreadful for the family

Tejas I don’t think we get Amy pizzas over here.

I don’t use my tumble drier very much, never in the summer and just as an airer in the winter. Whenever possible I dry outside on he washing line, finishing them off on the radiators. Last week my drier (at least 15years old) stopped working, even giving it a kick, which usually works, didn’t start it up again.
Yesterday, I saw one half price in a local supermarket. The only snag was, that as it was in the sale, there was no delivery. There’s no way Mark could lift it in or out of our car, after his coronary, so two young men in our road are going down this morning, bringing it here and taking the old one away. Isn’t that kind?

ems81wales
01-28-2011, 05:15 AM
i sts werent happy :( i worked hard xxx

blessedwithsarah
01-28-2011, 10:20 AM
I ran that pizza through the calculator -- I came up with 12 points. Seems high, but there is a lot of fat. I'm still not real clear on what drives the points with the new calculator.

Nancy - YEAH, so glad Robin is home. I hope you both start feeling better.

Jojo, glad you found someone to help. Its great to have neighbors like that!

Sandra, I'm jealous of your walk. Boston has had 60 inches of snow THIS MONTH! We live south of the city and I know we've gotten more. They measure Boston at the airport which is right on the water. The snow banks are so tall now, Its getting dangerous to pull out of streets. As it is the streets are getting narrower each storm. I'm heading your way -- I'll spend some time with you then move on to Rhonda. They I'll head back north come April :)

Have a good day everyone.

Tejas
01-28-2011, 11:05 AM
C'mon down, Paula. Looking forward to your visit. That is a lot of points for the pizza. So, 1/2 of one it is!

Jojo, that is very sweet of those young men. Good for them.

Nancy, so glad to hear about Robin being home.

So, I'm watching the news from Egypt as you all are, I'm sure.

Rhonda

beach bum
01-28-2011, 01:02 PM

Our Town had a ICE on the road Emergency this morning and told people to stay off the roads until they could sand them. It all happened the night before when we had the snow storm the temps went up and the rains came for a hour or two and than the snow came back again.By the time if was over the snow was too heavy to shovel.I hurt my knee trying to do so,I came back indoors and waited until around 2PM for the morning sun to warm up and melt the ice. The ice came of my car in a brick form and the car was cleaned for the snow but last night I didn't hear the plows in my driveway and didn't move my car and as a result my neighbors had a clean drive way but mine was full of snow & ice. Tried to get the drive way cleared for I had Pea Pod coming for the food delivery as a phone call from them told me they wouldn't deliver if there was ice on the driveway,path or steps. I couldn't get the ice off and I than hurt my knee again.Fortunately PP did come while I was posting. Afraid to go out to get my mail that's been sitting in the box for 3 days.My SS check should be in the box and I need to cash it. HATE THIS SNOW & ICE,and now there are promising that some more i s coming on Saturday as a Alberta Clipper is heading our why what ever that is.

RHONDA-I agree with you I love Amy's pizza,and I love Amy's Brand entrees also.

PAM-Thanks for listening to all my whining about the snow.I understand that Stop & shop is the only big store up here that has a delivery service. I had to take some substitutes as lots of people use this kind of service during the acclimate weather.

SANDRA-It used to be my favorite show since the beginning but now its not a show where the change everything and they are not kind to the contestants. Will watch it again this Tuesday see if what happens.

NANCY-What a relieve to hear that your home again. If he doesn't like the protein drink I would suggest Insure or Boost,but ask the doctor first. Happy that everything went Ok with the chemo,and that your home again.

JOJO-You brought memories back again.I remember my MIL saying that she had to air the clothes out,before putting them away. So from the washer to the line to the radiator or back of a chair.My DH's family used to live in Ireland/England until they came to the states.

PAULA-I heard on the TV that Boston had 50" of snow so far and just think that we have 2 more months of winter left. Where are they going to dump the snow,before it melts and you guys get flooding.

Have to go and get my dinner cooked,have a nice day.

pam920
01-28-2011, 02:42 PM
I saw the snow stats on tv today. That is a lot of snow your gals are getting.

Maryann, you should not be shoveling snow. I hope you didn't hurt your knee too bad.

I'll have to find the Amy's pizza. yeah, 12 pts is a lot and I'd opt for 1/2 of it.
Paula, it must be the fat content that is making it so many points.

Off to fix lunch.

blessedwithsarah
01-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Maryann - hate to tell you this. But an Alberta Clipper is fridged air coming down from Canada. Usually brings temps close to 0. Sorry :(

ontarget
01-28-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm not sure I could just eat 1/2 the pizza. I'll check them out at the store and maybe I'll give it a try and see. I got home too tired to walk today. I know that's when I should really really get out there and do it anyway, but here I sit. Tomorrow we have 2 basketball games to watch. Our dgg's are playing. Should be fun.

JoJo, you have some really nice neighbors. I am continually impressed. I'm also impressed with your drying clothes w/o a dryer. We don't even have clothes lines any more. Sometimes I miss the freshness they offer--but then I remember how lazy I am.

Ems, I know you're disappointed, but try to hang in there. You should have a good payoff on the scales next week.

Paula, come on down! But you'd best hurry. We're expecting an "arctic blast" next week. Down here in Texas we don't get too bored with the weather because it's changing so often. Some of our plants are budding. I hope they don't get too much of a set back.

Maryann, sounds like you're really catching it, too.

nancy237
01-28-2011, 10:18 PM
Jojo I love clothes dryed in the air.

One day I want a cottage in the country with a few chickens & a dog & cat and
a clothes line ..the simple life..

Robin has a 99.9 temp and we have to go to the ER if it hits 100.5.
pray it comes down , not up.
He is having a tough time today with his throat, diarrhea & now temp.

ontarget
01-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Nancy, you and Robin are in my prayers.

nancy237
01-28-2011, 11:59 PM
temp went up to 100.2 and then down to 99.9 and then 98.9
Praise God..

sloanie
01-29-2011, 01:17 AM
Nancy, I just sent a prayer up for you and Robin. Hang in there!

jojo23
01-29-2011, 03:40 AM
I thought the snow we had was bad enough, but you are having the grand daddy of bad weather.

I can't wait for my weigh in tomorrow, I feel as if I have lost a fair amount this week. All I've done, is walking a mile everyday and my exercises that the fitness coach gave us all last Monday. You would laugh Rhonda, very tame exercises compared to yours, but its a start.

I'm breaking in a new laptop and still not comfy with it. So will quit while I'm ahead.

blessedwithsarah
01-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Happy Saturday. I just posted a receipe to the Breakfast thread. I made a baked french toast - its really yummy and all on SFT. Quiet weekend ahead - taking dd to karate then maybe we'll go get our nails done. Her birthday party is next month so we could look for stuff for that ---- or not. I may need to climb up on the snow banks at the end of our driveway and shovel them back, its really tough to see backing out.

Nancy, prayers said for Robin.

Jojo, enjoy the laptop. I do need to get a new computer soon. The one I'm on now is probably 6 years old. I got it when my dd was a baby - she's turning 8. I think its time before it dies.

Well, gonna finish my breakfast and get some laundry going.

Tejas
01-29-2011, 11:35 AM
I dead lifted 162 pounds yesterday :dance:

BBL

ontarget
01-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Rhonda, I'm calling you next time we need to move furniture. You're amazing!

JoJo, I love your excitement for wi. Let us know your payoff. Sounds like it will be super.

Paula, I need a new laptop, too. Mine is several years old and even has a bit of tape on it now. I'm going to be very upset when it dies.

We're off in a bit to watch the dgg's play basketball. Should be a fun day. BBL

Vickie
01-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Good Morning Chicks! Just wanted to pop in and say hello. We are having a hum dinger of a week and NO time for computer. I'll be back when I can.

We have a huge storm coming next week on Tuesday, our biggest of the year, so I'm sure I'll be at home and in front of the computer with plenty of time to talk.

Hugs.

Vickie

ems81wales
01-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Hey everyone hope your all well and the snow aint to bad over there. It is getting cold again over here in the UK.

Thanks for the support sandra i hope i have a loss next week or il be mad hehe

I really fancy a pizza now after reading this hehe xxx

pam920
01-29-2011, 01:12 PM
we are tackling the tile work today. We are really dragging on this project and it's time to get a move on. My sis and I made a trip to Home Depot yesterday and she ran the cart into my baby toe, and it's not broken but badly bruised. So, there goes my walking for a few days.

Rhonda, all I can say is wow!!! I am such a weakling.

Vicki, see ya on Tuesday, which means my sis will get that weather on Wednesday.

ems, chin up and move on. I know the feeling. I had a couple really small losses myself.

jojo, congrats on new laptop.

Sandra, have fun at the game.

off to find Paula's recipe. It's past noon here and only had a banana. Forgot to eat breakfast.

blessedwithsarah
01-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Ems - just checked out your picture.WOW! Amazing transformation! Keep up the great work.

Well, after going to the gym this morning and shoveling the same mound of snow twice - I earned 13 activity points today! I did an hour on the elliptical first thing this morning. Then I spent 45 minutes moving the mound of snow at the end of our driveway so I could see getting out and I had to shovel a path for the oil guy or he won't come. Took DD to get pedicures and realized I moved the top of the giant mound into the one place I had any chance seeing down the road. So, when we got back, I had to move that snow again! For every 10 minutes of snow shoveling its 1 point.

Honestly, If I don't ever earn another point for shoveling snow I'll be a happy woman. Unfortunatly our weekly storm pattern is keeping up - possibility of another 12 inches next Wed. This is on top of the 3-4 feet already on the ground. UGH!

Tejas
01-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Paula, do you know about high intensity interval training? You can find info on the internet. It is supposedly the best approach on treadmill and elliptical. My trainer says the only important thing is how hard are you working. That might seem commonsensical, but it means don't coast, work.

Now, I need to get myself back on the elliptical for some serious work also. It's not enough to be strong.

I did some exercises yesterday that were fun and got my heart rate up. They were done with a weighted, soft medicine ball. In one, I simply rolled it fast on the floor of the squash court, then chased it and did it all again...back and forth, back and forth until I couldn't do it again. Then, I stood with my back to the wall, close to the wall, and slammed the ball into the wall while twisting to side to side. Both were fun and exhausting.

ontarget
01-29-2011, 06:45 PM
A lot of folks around here are having sinus problems--including me. I took a Claritan-D. I am shaking all over. The D means "caffeine." I'm so glad we don't have a tournament this weekend. I feel better, though, just shaky.

I'll be back later. Ya'll have a good day. Keep warm, keep exercising, and keep on making good choices. I'm going outside to try to walk some of this shakiness off. :lol:

jojo23
01-30-2011, 05:04 AM
Just a quick one, we are away for the day. The BIG news is, that I have lost another 3lbs bringing it up to 9lbs in 3 weeks. Also, I am losing inches. All I've done this week which is different is to do my exercises. WOW

blessedwithsarah
01-30-2011, 08:39 AM
Congrats JOJO!! WOO HOO!!

Tejas
01-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Jojo..wonderful! Congratulations

ems81wales
01-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Thankd pam and paula for youe support xxx

Well done jojo thats a fab loss xxx

Hope your all well im just doing some uni work which has to be in tomoz. Hope your all well xxx

ontarget
01-30-2011, 04:06 PM
:woohoo: JoJo. Sounds like you're on your way for sure.

I'm waiting on my GF to get here so we can do some shooting. It's a gorgeous day--mid to upper 60's and oodles of sunshine. Now Tuesday? That'll be a different story.

We came home for lunch after church since we're expecting company. I am feeling smaller in my clothes. Loving it!

pam920
01-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Sandra, wait for me, I'll join you for some shopping. Smaller is good.

Busy day, so just stopped real quick to say HI

beach bum
01-30-2011, 04:23 PM

Just got up 1 hr ago,had a bad night first with a nightmare about Leo where I woke up around 2 AM and laid there for 1/2 hr and went to the living-room a watched 2 shows of I Love Lucy and than tried to go back to sleep.I didn't want to take a sleeping pill,& than lied there until 5:08. Did go out, or see the Mass on TV today,but what can you do, when you can't sleep.

Yesterday I was busy trying to set up my new phone system.I bought an AT&T wireless with 2 extra hand sets. Had my friend call me to see if worked so far so good. Now I have to figure out how to get caller ID and the answering machine to work. My W-I yesterday was a maintain,I was happy with that.

PAM-I wouldn't have shoveled:snow4: if I was expecting the Pea Pod delivery as they phone me a 1hr before saying if the its unsafe for the driver we won't deliver. I had to bring the ice pad out again, on use is on my poor knee.

PAULA-Thanks for explaining the Alberta clipper,but fortunately it didn't comes as our temps were in the high 30's. Thanks for the baked french toast recipe. Going to try this one as I love :love: French toast that's all I have when I go out with my friends for Sunday brunch.

SANDRA-Looks like it lightening up a bit,but we're expecting some other storm this Wednesday. I made a pizza from an old WW cookbook called Frank & bean pizza. Instead of a lg pita bread I used a 2 slice of the Arnold's sandwich roll thins and had two mini pizzas:eating2: delish. :eating2:

PRAYERS your way for you and Robin,Hope the temps stay down

JOJO-Big Congrats:carrot: for the 3 lb loss, plus the 9 in the passed 3 week.

Have a wonderful Sunday I going to watch the end of the golf tournament

Tejas
01-30-2011, 04:24 PM
It's your fault Pam that I went through stacks of recipes from newspapers and magazines yesterday and now have 4 boxes of books in front of me to go through! I guess I should say thanks :p

ems81wales
01-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Maryann i hope your ok after the nightmare :(

Sandra im glad your clothes are feeling loser :D well done

pam920
01-30-2011, 09:28 PM
you are most welcome Rhonda, lol.

Maryann, sorry for the nightmares. I have nights where i toss and turn and just turn the tv back on, hoping to fall back asleep.

hi ems

ontarget
01-30-2011, 10:14 PM
Pam, come on down. We were doing shooting not shopping, but shopping sounds fun. We could do that.

Maryann, I'm sorry you had the nightmare.

jojo23
01-31-2011, 04:14 AM
Maryann Those sort of nightmares are the worst. I get up and watch TV too when they happen to me.

Pam & Sandra My cousin sent me this quote: 'Nothing tastes as good as thin feels'

We are back to bleak midwinter here, very frosty. When I took the dog to empty her just before I came on here, the ground crunched when we walked on it and you could see our warm breath in front of us.

Have a good one everyone. I am ironing first thing and then cooking some cakes for a charity cake stall.

I'm such an airhead. When I re-did my ticker after Christmas I forgot to re-put my first 20lbs down... Dho! I'm hoping to rectify it now

Vickie
01-31-2011, 09:45 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm running like crazy today. Have to weigh in at Jenny and then go for blizzard supplies. The National Weather Service is predicting that the snow will start, lightly at first around 2:00 this afternoon and not stop until Wednesday afternoon. Tuesday night is to be the worst. When it's over, we should have 18 to 24 inches. Needless to say, I'm canceling Brodie's bath for tomorrow.

I'm a nervous Nellie about blizzards because I always worry about the power staying on and I worry about Jim doing the snow removal. The storm is coming up from Texas. Apparently, those are the worst for us. So hold a few good thoughts for us.

We had a nice time at the Pitch and Hit Club banquet last night. Our friend, Nancy Faust, was recognized for her career with the White Sox as their organist, now retired. It was great fun.

I'll be back!

beach bum
01-31-2011, 10:46 AM

Going to my PT sessions this morning and than to a smaller market to get my pasta that the larger supermarkets don't carry.

The suns out hopefully it will be warm enough to melt this ice we are having. My friend Pat called and told me she hasn't been out doors since the freeze. Her stairway & path way are full of ice and she s afraid to go out doors. I told her about the Pea Pod as she has a computer,and than doesn't have to worry about running out of food.

Did any of you see Hallmarks Hall of Fame Movie The Lost Valentine on CBS. Oh what a beautiful story about the woman who lost her husband in WW2. If you didn't see it, you can buy the movies at Hallmark.com I forgot to tape it,but it was worth while buying the tape as the story was very touching.

I haven't had a nightmare in ages,I think I know what caused it and I'm not going to watch that {Criminal Minds}TV series anymore.

Can't post more as I have to get ready for my PT session will return later.

pam920
01-31-2011, 10:50 AM
got up late this morning. Guess I needed the sleep.

jojo, can you resist the cakes? It would be hard for me. Stay warm.

Vicki, you are in Chicago, right? I lived in Michigan until we retired. I don't know how I would handle all that snow and frigid temps. I guess I would hunker inside until Spring. If it's coming from TX, blame it on Rhonda and Sandra, lol.

We tested the tub yesterday. Wow, those jets are more powerful than a hot tub. I am definitely going to be enjoying it. Will be glad when all the remodeling is done. Right now my bathroom looks like a tornado went thru there.

hey to all you chickies that come in later.

oops, Maryann, we were posting at the same time. Be careful out in the ice. I love Criminal Minds. They have the old ones on A&E on Sunday's. I fell asleep watching it. I taped some of them, as I only started watching it in the last couple months. So, all those old shows are new to me. Can't believe the show has been on for over 5 yrs and I never saw an episode until the end of last year.

erialicia2000
01-31-2011, 11:04 AM
Hi there!

I am new to this board. Joined a few years ago, but I am recommitting to CORE. Does it still exist? I re-joined WW a couple of weeks ago, but I do not like the new plan. I want to do CORE.

I really hope to lose about 60 pounds this year with CORE and exercise.

Thank you!

Tejas
01-31-2011, 11:37 AM
Go over to new week....