Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 3 (01/24-01/30)

Bigmid
01-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Hi Blue Team,
Well I think we did pretty good this week I can't post our results yet as I need to hear back from someone about their WI so I can finish our totals. Hopefully it won't be to long.

There were some huge numbers out their again this week so:carrot::carrot:

I thought I had a pretty good number but my won't even make the top 4 so WTG everyone.

Well here is to another great week for the Blue Team

rainbowsmiles
01-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Woohooo
:woohoo:
:cheer3:Way To Go Big Blue!!!:cheer3:

:dance:HAVE A FANTASTiC:dance:
AND
SUPER SUCCESSFUL
:goodscale:
WEEK 3

mumtoliam
01-24-2011, 06:47 AM
Good luck BLUE TEAM!!!

This week I am going to be extra focused. I have a PT session tomorrow night. Tomorrow morning I am going to plan out my meals, and then write out my shopping list. I go back to work on Friday, so I am also going to have to slot some exercise sessions so that I can continue my loss. Planning and tracking are this week's focus for me.

So what is your focus this week?

maryshady
01-24-2011, 06:51 AM
Good Morning everyone. Last week was a rough week for me. Looking forward to this week being much better.

Have a Happy Monday!!

Sameen
01-24-2011, 09:09 AM
hello everyone!!!! its good to see everyone again!!! how is everyone doing???? i had no idea the challenge had even started. I think i'm still in Holiday mode. Really need to start focusing now!!!! hope everyone has been doing well!

MamaP
01-24-2011, 09:09 AM
Sorry, I missed the weigh-in (although I didn't have a loss anyway). I was busy assembling my new elliptical ( :carrot: ) and lost track of time and then when I went to get online my internet wasn't working. Hopefully I'll have a big number this week.

Sounds like everyone did well this week. Congrats.

Soon2BFitChick
01-24-2011, 09:33 AM
Yay!! :yay: Way to go everyone. I think we did great! :cp: :cb:

I'm drinking more water so hoping that helps me lose. Seems to when I really do drink more. I'm working here at home all day, decluttering and putting things in better places, etc. Spring cleaning. The joy! LOL. :yikes:

But anyway, wanted to say hiya. :wave: Will try to come back again soon!

Hugs, Selina :hug: :df:

dream710
01-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Happy Monday Blue! I need to get my hiney moving, but I'm having trouble getting started this morning. We leave for a mini vacation to Vegas on Friday, so I really need to work hard the first part of the week.

Hope everyone has a great week #3!

gvntofly
01-24-2011, 10:50 AM
So what is your focus this week?

I need to get back on track after a few days of not feeling well and leaving the cooking to hubby! I'm going to plan out all my meals for the week later this evening.

Now for my exercise this week! I am going to go all bootcamp on myself! I'll post exactly what I am doing once I have made it through today and that I know I can actually do what I have planned!

Sorry, I missed the weigh-in (although I didn't have a loss anyway). I was busy assembling my new elliptical ( :carrot: ) and lost track of time and then when I went to get online my internet wasn't working. Hopefully I'll have a big number this week.

Sounds like everyone did well this week. Congrats.

Congrats on the elliptical! I am trying to get hubby to let me bring mine back in from the garage. It's quite big and takes up a lot of space. I have my treadmill in the house now. DH wants to turn the garage into a workout room this spring. Rubber floor and all! It's a great idea since the garage is heated, but it's not air conditioned! I guess I'd just have to start my workout at 4am in the summer or have a very sweaty workout in the heat!

chiquita623
01-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi Everyone. Sorry I've been MIA the past week but life gets in the way sometimes. Started the kitchen rehab over the weekend. I knocked down a wall - swung a sledgehammer for a couple of hours and could sure feel it everywhere the next day. Oh well, at least it was a vigorous workout!!! Hopped on the scale and am down 2 pounds - that puts me in onderland. I am so excited about that number. Funny how we allow numbers affect our moods.

I'm at work so I suppose I should do something. I'll try to pop back in a little more often this week. Be good to yourselves this week.

Narnia99
01-24-2011, 02:51 PM
Hi everyone. I am feeling so much better today, so I am ready for a great week. I've spent this morning catching up on housework, and then I'll do a workout this afternoon.

Laurie - :congrat: on being in wonderland, that is awesome!

Have a great day everyone :)

gvntofly
01-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Well it looks as though I will be able to accomplish what I want this week! Man putting in 3 hours of working out was tough but now that it's done I feel so wonderful!

I am going to repeat this tomorrow, Thursday and Friday. Wednesday I'll just do an hour of yoga, Saturday will be yoga and treadmill and Sunday will be just treadmill or a 100% rest day.

I think I might soak my feet for a bit tonight!! I think they deserve it. :D

Bobbolink
01-24-2011, 05:58 PM
Good Afternoon blue team!
I just gorged myself on some fresh pineapple baked in the oven with cinnamon, nutmeg and a few sprinkles of brown sugar. We usually grill it but it's way below zero here in Minnesota and no way would DH fire up the grill. I've been checking all afternoon for the results of last week and don't know where to look. Where do they post it? I know bigmid said she was waiting for the last team member to post her weight but where will the results be posted?

Lily In Bloom
01-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Ugh, so disappeared last week, perhaps in part from shame >.< Yeah, my week fell apart- after two great weeks on SB diet, I think that I ate at a certain unnamed fast food establishment four times last week. I've taken on a lot of additional responsibility at work, which translated into way less free time, and thus way less time making my own good food.

However, after seeing how disappointed I was last week my husband has agreed to get on board with South Beach, so he and I will be re-doing P1 these next two weeks. I'm confidant that with his support I'll be able to do so much better and stick with it. Especially since hopefully this means that I won't be having a certain someone whispering the words chicken nuggets in my ear whenever I don't feel like cooking...

Also, to help keep me honest, I'm going to be posting in the nutrition journal this week- guilt myself into being good ;-p

Bigmid
01-25-2011, 01:15 AM
Hi everyone I hope you all had a great start to week 3....I did a Zumba class with Nancy tonight and it was a lot of fun.

I have the results posted (Bobbi its at the top of this thread as a sticky same place you WI at) and the BLUE TEAM WON WEEK 2.......WOOHOO congratulations to everyone great job this week.

Congratulations to our biggest losers:

Biggest Loser:
Soon2BFitChick, -4.2lbs, -2.38%

Honorable Mentions:
Purplefirefly, -6.2lbs, -2.15%
babygrant, -3.8lbs, -2.13%
CapeBretonChick, -4.4lbs, -2.02%

Team Loss of -55.3lbs, -.44%

mumtoliam
01-25-2011, 01:45 AM
Congratulations Soon2BFitChick on last week's Blue team Biggest Loser.

Also to Purplefirefly, babygrant, CapeBretonChick :applause

And most importantly YEAH BLUE TEAM for winning overall!!!!

dream710
01-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Way to go blue! Congrats to Selina, Purple, Baby, CapeB on being our biggest losers!

Lily-Sorry you had a rough week. Sounds great that your hubby is going to do SB with you.

Bobbo-your pineapple sounds yummy! My family lives in MN and they say its been really cold.

gvn-Wow 3 hours! Keep up the hardwork!

Narnia-glad to hear your feeling better

Laurie-Congrats on onederland!

Bigmid-I've heard Zumba is fun, one of these days I hope to try it!

Bobbolink
01-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Good Morning Blue team WINNERS:jig:
A special thank you Jacky (bigmid) for the mind boggling time you put in to make the 'Biggest Losers' run smoothly. You were in the honorable mentions last week and just missed it this week. Good job! I see Zumba is advertised all day on tv, looks like a fun way to exercise.
Congrats to the winners. Biggest Loser:
Soon2BFitChick, -4.2lbs, -2.38%

Honorable Mentions:
Purplefirefly, -6.2lbs, -2.15%
babygrant, -3.8lbs, -2.13%
CapeBretonChick, -4.4lbs, -2.02%

I need to help keep the winning momentum going for the Blue team, guess I'll dust off my stepper and get off my lazy butt this morning. I hate exercising, I was doing two hour bone building class every week but chiropractor made me quit for now. (Lots of knotted up muscles in my neck and upper back and constant migraines) He said I could do the stepper but I've been putting it off. I can get through it if I prop up one of my mystery novels so I can read while I do it. What do you think the trainer on Biggest Losers would say if she saw how I exercised? I can just hear her chew ear off!
Dream...where about does your family live?
You all have a great Tuesday. Think thin:carrot:

mommy2fat
01-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Good morning everyone. Congrats to the blue to team for winning last week!! I wish I would have had a part in the win but my #'s stayed the same!

I am having a really hard time getting back on track. I was doing so great from October - December. I am barely exercising two times a week and dont even get me started on the food!

Oh well this is another week and another day. I have done great so far today, just have to keep this momentum going!!!

Have a great day!

PageLynn
01-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Congrats Blue Team! and this week's biggest loser, Soon2BFitChick!
I think I have finally figured out my point issue (gotta eat my activity points) and now my weight should be going down! It was on Sunday and yesterday (197.2)! Life is getting busy so I may not be able to post or do personals as much but I swear I'll still be around! I have a job interview tomorrow Here's hoping I can get it!

Narnia99
01-25-2011, 03:46 PM
:cheer3: Yay, blue team :cheer3:
:congrat: Soon2BFitChick, Purplefirefly, babygrant, CapeBretonChick

So far this week is going well. I really want to lose more than 1 pound this week, so I am determined to stay on track.

gvntofly - great job with your workouts :cp:
Bobbi - the baked pineapple sounds yummy. I use my Stairmaster for my cardio workouts, (because of a lower leg injury), and I love it! I read magazines while on it, so Jillian would be yelling at me too, lol!
Lily - that's great that your husband is going to do the SBD with you!
Jacky - Glad you had fun at the Zumba class with Nancy. I've been seeing Zumba all over the tv lately.
Glenda - You can do it :cheer2:
PageLynn - good luck at your interview

PageLynn
01-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Thanks Narnia99

spryng
01-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Evening all! Sorry I'm not on here much, this thread moves so fast it's hard to keep up with, lol.. but I'm so thrilled our team won this past week! You guys are doing so great!!!! :) I'm trying to get more exercise in but I'm losing consistantly each week so I'm thrilled. Lets keep up the great work! :)

maryshady
01-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Congrats Selena and all the other big "losers"!

mumtoliam
01-25-2011, 07:47 PM
PageLynn - good luck with your interview!

Jacky - I am no longer a Zumba virgin - I did my first class last night. I couldnt keep up with all of the steps but I had lots of fun. I am adding this to my regular fitness workouts.

vdander24
01-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Hey Blue Team! WAY TO GO!!!!! Let's keep it up. I got a workout in today, so that was good, and my food has been okay. I will see how well at the end of the week. Budget is tight, but it should be good. I love coming on here and hearing about everyone's lives. you all inspire me everyday! Have a great night everyone!

Bigmid
01-26-2011, 01:01 AM
Hi everyone sorry I didn't make it on earlier I've read and will do more responses tomorrow. Just a quick check in before bed. My computer has been acting crazy so doing most of this on my iPhone which is a little more difficult to do personals on. I'll try to get on in the morning from work as I will be there a little early tomorrow.
Have a great night everyone

Doragone
01-26-2011, 02:20 AM
Congratulations to our winners, Selena, the two Angelas and Purple, whoot!!!!:carrot:

I'm doing good, but not great. 4 days at the coast left me up .2, but I feel certain I can drop that and maybe some more by WI.:^: I exercised today, doing a mile with LS on WATP, plus 6 minutes on the elliptical and loading a bunch of firewood.:whoo: It was a beautiful day here in Oregon.:flow2: Have a short work day tomorrow, so I'll close for now.

Dora

Bobbolink
01-26-2011, 08:38 AM
Good Morning Blue Team,
It's great that some of you are putting your real names on the bottom of your post, after all we're a team. It's easier to get personal with someone you can call by name rather than some long handled I.D. name.
I didn't have time to weigh all the ingredients that went into last nights supper, so no clue how much my calories were. It was salty and this morning the scale showed a gain.:mad: Lots of water today will flush that out, I really should weigh myself once a week instead of daily. But impatient people like myself needs to know, then I can take steps to correct it. I read somewhere that having one day of extra calories helps in the long run to kick us out of a rut and into a losing streak.
What is everyone's favorite low calorie/points to eat between meals or after supper when you're not hungry but have the munchies? I'm a peanut butter lover and use the PB2 peanut butter. I love it, any of you use it? It's slow roasted peanuts that have been pressed to release their fat and oils. It comes in a jar, powdered. Just mix with water, 2 Tablespoons mixed is only 45 calories, fat 1.5g. You can google it or ask your grocery store to start stocking it. It sells for $3.99 in our store and a jar has 15 servings of 2 Tablespoons each. Check it out!

drinkypants
01-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Great job Blue Team!! We rocked this week!!

Bigmid - Thanks for all of the hard work you put into this contest! This contest has really helped keep me on track. =]

Bobbi, I have read about PB2 in the forums a few times. I will have to check it out. I love peanut butter, but it has so many calories, so I usually stay away. PB2 sounds like a great alternative!

For all of those people discouraged about going off plan, or missing exercise.. just remember "every day is a new day with no mistakes." Don't look back, look forward.. to the new you!

Lily In Bloom
01-26-2011, 06:26 PM
@ Coco, that is a great point (everyday is a new day) and one that I have to constantly remind myself of.

This week, while just as crazy as last week, has gone much better with the husband support. It's just nice having someone to lean on, and to steer me away from a giant box of nuggets when I feel like I need comfort. I know they're not real. They're just so tasty!

Half-way through the week, just gotta keep it up a few more days =D Of course, then it's on to next week...

drinkypants
01-27-2011, 12:39 AM
Lily, that's really great your husband will be joining you, it's hard not to go off plan when somebody next to you is eating something deliciously tempting. My husband has offered me fries, and a bite of this or that, and it's so hard to say no. He was just being polite, but realized it's not polite -at the moment- to ask me if I want some lol

@Dora I grew up in Oregon, my husbands career took us to Georgia.. but I really miss the coast, and the whole state really hehe

Bigmid
01-27-2011, 01:15 AM
Hi everyone I seem to be getting on here late every night. Sorry about that. Lots of stuff going on right now I will try harder to get on earlier though. Ate bad today but it was planned so I hope it doesn't hurt the scale to much. Mind you I've already had a gain since Sunday and my eating has been very good so hope that was due to TOM. If not then I have some work a head of me.
I'll be back tomorrow, have a great night everyone.

maryshady
01-27-2011, 08:02 AM
Hit my mini goal of 160 today! yay!! Now new mini is 155. Hope to be there by next week!

Have a happy Thursday

PageLynn
01-27-2011, 03:09 PM
ok calorie counting girls...Do you count calories burned (exercise) and use them to decide what you eat calorie wise? Like if I choose to count calories but don't want to deal with counting calories burned due to exercise (mostly because right now I can't afford a HRM) can I just count my calories I eat and still lose fine? Or do I need to be concerned with calories burned from exercise? I exercise 5-6 days a week 60-70 minutes each time. TIA

Oh and Maryshady CONGRATS on reaching mini goal

inklestinkle
01-27-2011, 04:36 PM
Congrats to the biggest losers this week! Go blue team! :)

I'm having a bad week, gaining like crazy and not exercising. I'm just so stressed out. I'll probably take a freebie this week while I "get my mind right" as my brother-in-law says. I need to remind myself why I'm doing this. Not to get pretty... to get healthy. Ugh. Why does it have to be so hard?

mommy2fat
01-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Congrats to the biggest losers this week! Go blue team! :)

I'm having a bad week, gaining like crazy and not exercising. I'm just so stressed out. I'll probably take a freebie this week while I "get my mind right" as my brother-in-law says. I need to remind myself why I'm doing this. Not to get pretty... to get healthy. Ugh. Why does it have to be so hard?

Dont feel alone, I am having a bad week also. I have gained and really thinking of using a freebie this week also. I dont know why I am having such a hard time getting back on track. I changed jobs right after Christmas and just havent been able to get back OP. I did manage to workout yesterday and today! Lets support each other and get back on track!!!

Soon2BFitChick
01-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Woohoo! I didn't know I was Biggest Loser for this week! Fun! :yay: Cool!!! I haven't been one in so long. I watched it today too. I had it from last time but hadn't seen it yet. I love that show. :goodscale:

Congrats to everyone who lost. Feels nice to know we are going in the right direction huh? I'm drinking more water and been cleaning for days now and feet are sore from never sitting so surely I'll lose something this week??

Well, take care, Bluezzzers!!!! :cheer3:

Big hugs, Selina :hug:

:df:

Lily In Bloom
01-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Well guys, I am happy to say it looks like I will be posting either no change this week or a minor loss- a huge relief b/c last week I was actually up 4 lb due to the unfortunate fast food binge >.<

I'm sure most of that was simply water, especially since fast food is so freakin salty compared to homemade, but I'm still glad that it's almost gone. I've been weighing myself daily this week, and whenever I think of just grabbing something quick (and totally not OP) I remind myself of what it will do to that number. While it's probably better for me to weigh once a week, I feel like it helps keep me focused. Also, perhaps last week wouldn't have spun so terribly out of control if I had kept an eye on the scale.

Oh well. I'm just up one tiny pound from my last official weigh in, and I'm sure that can come off in 2 days...

Bobbolink
01-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Good Morning Blue Team,
Hope everyone's still on track for our weigh ins tomorrow (me) and Sunday. It's especially important what we eat today, please be extra careful and get those last minute exercises in. I've been doing the stepper which I hate but all for the cause.:faint: You all watch your salt intake today too, what a difference that can make in the morning. I'm a popcorn lover but never have it the night before weighing in. Good Luck everyone.

Bobbolink
01-28-2011, 08:43 AM
Lily...I see we posted at the same time, I weigh myself daily too. I can't help it, I have a compulsive type personality. When I'm really focused on losing some weigh, I print out a graph chart to track my weight daily. Just looking at it during the day helps me stay on track, it's posted on my refrigerator.

Soon2BFitChick
01-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Good morning Blue People teamsters! :) :cheer3:

I'm gonna start tackling the office today and sorta paperwork and do filing and spring cleaning~ Scaarrryy!! But it must be done. So hafta organize it better because I can't stand it this way!! Hope my toddler lets me do it today! :bb:

I hope I've lost this week. I know I'm down a lb but would like more. :goodscale: I hope everyone has a great productive week~ :strong:

Hugs! Selina :hug:

:carrot: :broc: :cb:

Inferno
01-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Congratulations everyone!

I haven't exercised much this week because I've been sick. I did lose some weight, but not a way that I particularly enjoyed. :o

Hopefully next week will be much better!

dream710
01-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Mary-Congrats on making it to 160.

Bobbi-They live in Princeton which is about 90 min northwest of the cities

Well unfortunately I'm posting a gain this week. I'm up two pounds this week all because of reasons I could of avoided. I have to weigh in early this week, since we head for Vegas in a couple hours. I hope everyone has a great weigh in. GO BLUE!!!!!!

vdander24
01-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Hey Team,
It seems, as if we are all having a tough week this week. I have absolutely NO excuses! That is to say, that I have found every excuse in the book not to exercise, and have not been eating right. I REAlly want to get the weight off, but I am stalled. I think this is where those advice people say you have to fake it till you make it. I have my first 5k next week and I am not ready at all. BUT, I am still going to do it, even if I have to walk the entire thing. I am off to do chores then exercise. Hang in there everyone and have a great day!

PageLynn
01-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Bobbolink: i weigh myself daily also. and this morning I saw what I have been waiting for...down to 196.2! I started counting calories (with WW) yesterday using ************.com. I chose them because they have an app for my phone making things easier.

PageLynn
01-28-2011, 04:59 PM
ok that was supposed to say my fitness pal lol

Lily In Bloom
01-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Hey guys, hope everyone's weekend is off to a good start! It does look like this week has been kinda a bummer for a lot of people, but it is week 3. At this point I feel like the novelty has worn off and the long haul has begun. This is also when we can be really resolute, and stick to our guns to make some big changes!

I went to a meeting today wearing some super cute new shoes (http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth%2FWomens%2FShoes/Caught+Off+Garden+Boot). So cute, in fact, that they rubbed blisters in four toes >.< When my hubby picked me up I was all bummed from walking so much in shoes that killed my toes, and asked if he wanted to just go to dinner. He initially said yes, and we started naming off places we could go, but then in the end we decided that the dinner I had planned to make was going to be way tastier (and OP) than anything we would get at a restaurant. So, we came home and I showed him how to make it so that he could do it next time =D

I count that as a huge success: dining out avoided!

mumtoliam
01-29-2011, 12:22 AM
I am also having an off week. It is support knowing that I am not the only one. I have gone back to work and bad habits!

Its great Lily that your turned your off day into a good one. You are right - the novelty has worn off, the long haul is hard but the way to continue. I sit here thinking about why I want to lose the weight.

In early December, I needed a nice dress, and couldn't find anything in the shops that fit or looked flattering on me, that was my wake up call. I want to buy nice clothes, feel good wearing them. I want to feel that adrenalin rush when I finish a work out, feel like I can do anything again.

I am looking forward again, and focused. I am glad that I have this board and the support.

Doragone
01-29-2011, 12:50 AM
Sounds like we all had a bit of a rough go this week. I've been POP but only a little exercise. Weight goes up and down, so I'm not sure what it will be Sunday, but at least a lb. (I'm hopin' :crossed:)

I've read a few stories about plateaus and some people say to read success stories of other losers. Makes sense.

I AM feeling much better, and my tight pants are not cutting into my stomach like before. (but there's still a muffin top)

BTW - thanks for whoever mentioned Kalyn's Kitchen! I've been using her site for meal ideas and they've been both delicious and satisfying.

Good luck to our team - wonder how the Reds are doin' . . . . Rainbow Smiles????

ttyl

Dora

Bigmid
01-29-2011, 01:19 AM
Hi everyone, well I'm joining those who are having a bad week. I started off really good and OP but still gained now for some reason this week my battle of wills is giving out and now I'm to scared to get on the scale. I'm sure I'm up at least 5lbs and not exactly sure why.
I shall not give up and there is a new week just around the corner.
I'll have a busy weekend cleaning out closets and such as I'm getting ready to put the house up for sale in the next week so lots of work ahead of me.
Have a great night everyone talk to you later.

maryshady
01-29-2011, 08:11 AM
Hi everyone. Had a couple of victories this week. Finally hit the 150's haven't been there is some 21 years. Yesterday I wore a size 10 pair of jeans to work! woohoo! This is hard but so well worth it!

Hope everyone has a great weigh in

gvntofly
01-29-2011, 09:02 AM
It's been a busy couple of days for me! I won't be on much today or tomorrw either. My daughter's birthday party is today and it is also DH and I's anniversary, so we are going out tonight after the party. My sis has been kind enough to offer to babysit my girls tonight.

Since this weekend is going to be hectic for me I weighed in this morning. Well all my exercise this week paid off! I'm down 4 pounds!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Bobbolink
01-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Good Morning Blue Team!:jig:
I posted my weight this morning and was very happy with it. It'll never be big numbers because I'm so close to goal but believe me, I have to work just as hard.
gvntofly...congrats on the 4 pound loss, that's huge for the 3rd week. I checked out your blog from last november and your advice about pants getting tight and time to watch the calories again. I reached my goal a couple of years ago and stopped weighing myself, that's when I get into trouble and the weight starts creeping back on.My plan for maintenance is, if my clothes are getting tight, itís time to watch the calories and exercise a bit more!
Lily and mumtolian you both mentioned the novelty has worn off, oh so true. Dig in your heels and stay the course.
Maryshady, congrats to you too, hitting the 150's.
Jacky...We're hoping your gain was just water retention due to salty food, good luck. Your percentages have been high so far, keep up the good fight.
Dora...I AM feeling much better, and my tight pants are not cutting into my stomach like before. (but there's still a muffin top)

I'm 65 years old and no matter how thin I get, I still have a bit of a muffin top. I will never get rid of it unless I exercise and my bad back won't let me. Nobody but DH and me know I have it because I don't wear tight tops.
Pagelynn...I'm glad the calorie counting with WW is working for you. Are you surprised how many calories you were eating?
Dream...I've been by Princeton many times on our way to Mille lacs on vacations. Fantastic fishing area.
Vdander...good luck next week on your 5k.
I have my first 5k next week

Getting back to covering my muffin top, I see so many younger people wearing these tight tops that DO NOT FLATTER. I worked in the Liz Claibourne department as a part time job before I retired and noticed how heavy people always wore long cut blazers, sweaters, tops to cover up their behinds. What actually happens is it's just another layer to make them look even bigger. Take a short cropped blazer (ends at waist) and it looks like they lost 10 pounds. I usually buy blazers a size bigger, same with tops. Another tip I learned at work was keeping your skirt, hose and shoes the same color. If you're wearing a black skirt, use sheer black hose and black shoes. It gives people a long slimmer look instead of being cut off by the end of your skirt hem.
Enough of my fashion policing, I don't mean to offend anyone. When you work in the business, you automatically put your skills to work but not always verbally as I just did. I usually keep my mouth shut:tape:
Good luck everyone on weigh ins today and tomorrow.

Lily In Bloom
01-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Excellent advice Bobbi! I'll be honest, I consider myself fairly clueless about fashion, and whenever I go shopping I always take my hubby with me. I call him my style adviser. It's funny, he's a huge gamer, so people never believe me when I tell them he picks out all my clothes. I think normally they just think I'm trying to be funny, but it's true!

Style advice noted! I'll pass this along to my higher ups ;-p I'm planning a mini-shopping trip when I hit 192, which will be 10% lost.

tytbody
01-29-2011, 11:48 AM
I don't understand why so many are taking Freebies. Why use a freebie?

Narnia99
01-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Good morning everyone :) So far this week has been busy, but successful. I'm down 5 lbs as of this morning, but my official weigh-in day isn't until tomorrow though.

Mary, congratulations on hitting the 150's, that's awesome!!

Lily, I like to weigh myself daily as well. I find it helps me to accept the daily weight fluctuations, and not stress over them as much.

PageLynn - I also count calories. I log my foods and exercise at the dailyplate.com I set my activity level to sedentary, and then I track my exercise, and it calculates the calories I burn. I know some people set their activity level higher, and then don't track the exercise calories they burn.

Vdander - good luck with the 5k. Good for you for doing it :cp:

Lily - Ouch! I hope the blisters heal quickly for you.

gvntofly - Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a nice night out with your husband tonight. :congrat: on losing 4 lbs this week, that's great!

To everyone who is having a bad week :hug: I'm sure this week will be better!

Have a great Saturday :carrot:

Cape Breton Chick
01-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Hey everyone... I have to admit, i myself just took a freebie.. and my reason for that is this is the worst monthly cycle I can remember having in years.. I am not one who normally takes freebies, I have been here for a couple of years now as a team member and as a leader, and the only thing I can say on this subject is that number one we are a team and support is paramount here, that is what the whole purpose is, not to gain "the prize", and number two is we are a large group from many parts of the world leading many different lifestyles and taking a freebie at any given time may be unavoidable for some, as it was for me this week I felt it quite necessary to use what could be the first (maybe the second) I have used ever, in four challenges.. but as the rules state when your two are gone..they are gone. For me, the bottom line is that the freebies are there to use at your need, and as someone who has been here for awhile, I am just so happy to see people even just posting a freebie, as when nothing is posted at all then we do not know how they are doing at all.. at least with a freebie post we know that everyone is still holding themselves accountable to some degree and trying and that is the most important thing. :)
Now as for me personally.. well now that I have started my monthly cycle (so sorry to any gentlemen hanging out here who may be uncomfortable with that knowledge..:o) ... did I mention it is the second time this month? I now know why I have had crazy munchies all week long.. and intense desires for pasta in cream sauce and cookies.. LOL the joys o the joys of being a lady! :dizzy:
I still have not received my package of weight watchers materials and am growing frustrated.. so I am starting another week "winging" it lol but definatly going to work on getting more organized with preparing meals in advance and doing even 30min of exercise a day and going to my weekly Zumba classes... I love Zumba!! :)
I will be back to do personals soon... have to get the laundry started... :grouphug: good luck to all!

reji
01-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Well, I got a very unexpected Woosh! this morning and saw the 130s for the first time in a very long time. I had two extravagant days this week, so I know that the next few days will be back in the 140s, but I'm excited that counting calories and exercising is working.

Doragone
01-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Hi all,
So far so good, I was down a little more today, but we also had shrimp stir-fry with soy sauce which might make me retain water (you can kick my butt Bobbi:kickbutt:. I've got a bladder infection going on too, been trying to drink even more water and antibiotics. That all might mess me up weight wise, but I'm still happily OP. Looks like one pound this week for me.:dizzy:

One thing I like about the calorie counting sites is that ( at least on the one I'm using) they show the trend of where your weight should be if you are on course to lose X amount of pounds by your goal date. So far, I'm below the trend, but should I go over, its a good restraint, at least for me, to pull it in a bit.:mag: Thanks too Bobbi for the fashion advice, couldn't hurt, at least that's mho.

Went to a ladies tea today at church, it was a brunch, and I didn't even let them put that cinnamon roll on my plate!:nono: I didn't eat very many of the potatoes, just a little of the scrambled eggs with ham, and all my fruit, so I think I did well for the way I usually would scarf:p

Hang in there team, looks like a bunch of us are gonna be outa freebies:yikes:, so now the real numbers are gonna start showin' up. Even so, we can do it!!! Congrats to the gals in the fifties and thirties - can't wait till I'm in onederland. This is the place it will happen, and you'll hear it here first - Big News. :goodscale ttyl

Dora

mumtoliam
01-29-2011, 08:59 PM
I have posted a gain this week. But I am hoping to turn that around.

I have planned my weekly evening meals - I am trying 3 -5 new recipes this week. I love cooking so this helps satisfies that need. I have a muffin recipe that I may cook - pear, apple and muesli. My son starts school this week and it will be a nice snack for him in the lunch box. As it is just the two of us, sometimes 1 meal may do us two nights. That is always good, less washing up and no hassles about having dinner ready on time for my son's hunger pangs.

I have also timetabled exercise in. I hope to have my 2 PT sessions as well as a Zumba class and some walks. I am feeling very positive.

Purplefirefly
01-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi everyone, I am still here. This past week was very rough emotionally and while I was reading along some I wasn't up for posting. But, I am starting to feel a bit better and will be around more this coming week. The idiot will be moving out next weekend and is on the road, so next time I see him he will be moving out. We had some drama where he pulled his paychecks from our mutual bank account and put them into his own account, so I am struggling to make feb. rent on my own...real nice thing to do to his kids, right?

He now says he doesn't want to work out visitation between us as we were going to, he is saying to get a lawyer and let them work it out because he doesn't think I will give him what he wants. He wants the kids every break they have from school, including entire spring break, summer, and winter break. There is no way a judge will give him all of that, right? It would be so unfair, I would get the responsible time with them and he would get all the vacation time...so unfair!

Anyway, I am going to see a lawyer soon and see what they tell me :( Just a really hard time. BUT I am focusing on weight loss as a diversion. It's time to look after my health and become the person I know I am supposed to be. It's onward to better things now.

abetterme
01-29-2011, 11:42 PM
I'm sorry you're going through that purple firefly. Stay positive. You're doing great! Same to everyone else!

Bigmid
01-30-2011, 02:37 AM
Hi everyone I have been busy cleaning out the closets today. I managed to gather up 8 large garbage bags full of clothes and will be taking them to the homeless shelter in the next few days. It's amazing at how much of the clothes still had the tags on them never worn. Oh well it felt good finally getting rid of it all.
Now with my crazy gain for the week I need to buckle down again (some stress gone) as I don't have any fall back clothes left so no more gains allowed:)
Once I put the house on the market and it sells that will be the biggest stress gone as well then full time focus. Not that I like moving but I will hire movers to do it and that will help alot.
Sorry for the struggles that some are going through I hope it all works out for you.
For everyone with losses.....Congratulations that's awesome

Well it's WI tomorrow so don't forget to put it in. I won't be on until later again as I still have to go through and sort all the other stuff in the closets tomorrow.
Have a great OP day and a super good sleep tonight

maryshady
01-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Purplefly-(((hugs))) so sorry you are going thru this horrible experience. Please just make sure to get the best lawyer you can afford. Some of my friends have been thru nasty divorces and that is their best advice. Usually a judge splits breaks and holidays off. You get one, he gets one, etc. So everything is fair and you don't miss out on the same holidays each year. :hug: Try to work out if you can to relieve some of the stress you are feeling. Be as good to yourself as possible thru this.

I have posted a gain this week. But I am hoping to turn that around.I have planned my weekly evening meals - I am trying 3 -5 new recipes this week. I love cooking so this helps satisfies that need. I have a muffin recipe that I may cook - pear, apple and muesli. My son starts school this week and it will be a nice snack for him in the lunch box. As it is just the two of us, sometimes 1 meal may do us two nights. That is always good, less washing up and no hassles about having dinner ready on time for my son's hunger pangs. I have also timetabled exercise in. I hope to have my 2 PT sessions as well as a Zumba class and some walks. I am feeling very positive.

Sounds like you have a plan for this week. Here's to a great week:dust:

Now with my crazy gain for the week I need to buckle down again (some stress gone) as I don't have any fall back clothes left so no more gains allowed:) Once I put the house on the market and it sells that will be the biggest stress gone as well then full time focus. Not that I like moving but I will hire movers to do it and that will help alot.

I am planning on doing the same thing. I will never see those sizes again & neither will you. Get back on the wagon. You are my inspiration girl!!! You have done amazing this past year! :D

Bobbolink: i weigh myself daily also. and this morning I saw what I have been waiting for...down to 196.2! I started counting calories (with WW) yesterday using ************.com. I chose them because they have an app for my phone making things easier.

Woohoo!!! Great job this week!:carrot::carrot:

I AM feeling much better, and my tight pants are not cutting into my stomach like before. (but there's still a muffin top)
Dora

Wonderful NSV. I love it now that my belly isn't spilling over my pants at all. Keep up the hard work it is paying off!;)

Bobbolink-Thanks for the great advice on clothing wear. I was always one of them who bought everything big to hide under. Loving being able to wear better fitting clothes now.

Good morning everyone :) So far this week has been busy, but successful. I'm down 5 lbs as of this morning, but my official weigh-in day isn't until tomorrow though. Mary, congratulations on hitting the 150's, that's awesome!! Have a great Saturday :carrot:

Thanks! 5 lbs is amazing for the week! Yay for you!:bravo:

Well, I got a very unexpected Woosh! this morning and saw the 130s for the first time in a very long time. I had two extravagant days this week, so I know that the next few days will be back in the 140s, but I'm excited that counting calories and exercising is working.

Isn't it wonderful to see a lower decade on the scale. Can't wait to hit the 130's which will mean I will be almost at goal! :D:cp::cp:

gvntofly-Happy belated anniversary!:encore:

Mercy-How are you doing? Miss you!

Dropped another 1 lb today! Love being in the 150's!

Have a great Sunday!

Lily In Bloom
01-30-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi all! Well, I've made an honest butterfly out of my ticker- I am now back at 204. If I hadn't had a one week fast food induced bender I might be under 200, but oh well. I'm still 10lb down from my start, which is awesome. I'll just look forward to a fantastic number next week.

By the way, I mentioned way back in week 1 that my roommates and I had our own sort of biggest loser challenge going on? Well, it looks like the guy is going to be in the lead at the halfway mark (Tuesday). He's down 14lb, and I swear he hasn't even been doing anything! In fact, he's been taunting me with how the 'cheeseburger diet' is going to beat what I'm doing >.<

The other roommate has gained- I think it's to be expected. She's very, very slight, around 5 feet tall, and just started birth control. So, fo rthe championship, it's between me and mr. cheeseburger diet...

NancyO
01-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Hey Blues. Posted a tiny gain (.2) this week, so pretty much stayed the same. So I guess I'll hope for next week. Need to do better with my eating, I think I've been doing too much snacking.

Have a great Sunday everyone, it's a cold and wintery day here, so I'm staying in and keeping warm!

tytbody
01-30-2011, 03:00 PM
I see. On the freebies. Thanks for the explanation. Purplefirfly- you'll need those vacations. You will charge up yourself and be on vacation also. But, he should be in on some weekend time also. Where is your life?

Soon2BFitChick
01-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi everyone! Errand day but wanted to say hiya. I hope you all had a great week. Better go check the baby. She has been into everrrrything lately!! :yikes:

Big hugsssss, :hug:

Selina :bubbles:

KimberlyP
01-30-2011, 04:13 PM
Hi Everyone!

Had a pretty rough week, my husband, 3 kiddos, and I all had the Stomach Flu =( My son was so bad he had to be transported to Childrens Hospital in Detroit because they suspected his Apendix may have ruptured, thankfully everything turned out ok. At my Wednesday morning weigh in I had another gain which I think was due to TOM. I switched back to the Momentum Plan and since Wednesday have lost a little over 7lbs but that will be entered for next weeks weigh in. This week I'm going to take my last freebie!

PageLynn
01-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Congrats KimberlyP! I have thought about changing back to Momentum. Right now I am calorie counting and points plus. So far it keeps me accountable for using my points wisely if that makes sense lol.
Purplefirefly: Sorry you are going through all that. I am right there with ya on ex problems. I figured out last night that I am in a depression over it all. I thought maybe it was baby blues but I am realizing it is more than that. I'm gonna have to get back into counseling at school to help me out.