Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default Anyone have a Bodybugg?

I'm thinking of getting one, but i see they can be quite pricey...then you have to subscribe online...in all honesty, is it REALLY a worthy investment?
shoeluver67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:51 PM   #2  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I got my bodybugg last July and love it!

How it changed me:

I now think about fitness through out the day - everything counts! I used to do my exercise and then be slug the rest of the day.

I now see how different exercises burn calories differently. I burn more running then anything else. I love to lift weights and even though it's good for you - if your goal is lose weight lifting is only going to help so much.

I love counting calories on the bugg - they have so many foods in their system that you don't have to key in much manually.

Was it worth the money? absolutely!

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:15 PM   #3  
GoWear Fit All-Star

S/C/G: 280/266.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I have a Go Wear Fit and swear by it. If you go on the body bugg thread you will see tons of people who agree. I have lost 10 # since jan 1st using it. I had previously lost 30 last year and then life got in the way.

I find it very accurate and motivating.
mulder1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the info ladies! I have been relying on the "calories burned" meter on the various gym equipment i use, but i am never sure how on track those are. i think this definitely will be the way to go. thanks again!
shoeluver67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #5  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

theBB is a good GUESTIMATE of how many cals you are burning throughout the day...it still relies on the same equations for activity and what not though....... Its not super duper accurate for exercise, but what it does do great is give you a really good idea of how active you are the OTHER 23 hours in a day (not the one hour spent at the gym) THOSE 23 other hours are where it really counts! But honeslty, once you wear one for a week or 2 and get a good idea of your general burn...... it may or may not be all that helpful after wards... the most important thing to remember is that it is NOT the gospel truth.... as i mentioned before, it still bases its calculations and counts on all the standard fromulas out there, which *CAN* be flawed. It is especially and notoriously inaacurate for smaller, conditioned female athletes. It shows my daily burn sometimes at over 3000+ a day... and that not NECESSARILY a high workout day (like running 20 miles!)... thats just an avg ordinary weekend where i might spend time cleaning and grocery shopping and cooking etc.... remember THOSE are the cals that really count!
oh, and as far as running showing such a high burn vs other exercises..... well, one way it tracks is by movement of your arm, and you move your arm a LOT running!! lol..... if you take a spin (Cycle) class and wear one, it will show you barely burning anything at all, cuz you dont move your arms much when you cycle!

in any case, if you are a normal healthy adult woman without a metabolism messed up for medical reasons or from a history of yo-yo dieting or slowed from undereating, etc... than it is more likely to be accurate(ish)
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #6  
In the desert...

I have a GoWearFit that I got about six months ago, and while I haven't consistently worn it, when I do wear it, I find it interesting to see how my activity levels change day to day. I use it more to learn when I'm active outside of the gym - when I work out, I'm not overly concerned about my calorie burn as I know it's higher than sitting on the sofa! But doing things like house work, walking at the mall, etc - the daily stuff that can add up - it's interesting to see the graph of activity.

The BodyBugg is on sale at 24 Hour Fitness for $169 as they just brought out a new model that "talks" to certain smartphones, so they're selling off the "old" one, which works just as well! Several of my friends have one or other of these and we often compare how our activity levels are - not who did the most, but did we all move a good bit this weekend!
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:33 AM   #7  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

I have only been using the body bugg for two weeks, but I have found it useful. I need something to hold me accountable. Before I got my body bugg I was logging food, but would always get off plan in some way. Before I purchased the body bugg I took a while to think and debate about it. Then, I told myself if I purchase this very expensive device I am sticking with it. I am not wasting my money. I cried because it seemed so scary just to take the possibility away of turning back to my old habits.

So, the body bugg might not work for everyone, but I love to see my daily burn and calorie intake at the end of the day. I find it motivating too. It makes me look at my actions and know that I am making some progress.

I lost 8lbs my first week, and right now I am down 1lb for my second week.

Last edited by Asherdoodles87; 01-25-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote