Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #1  
Liz

S/C/G: 255.5/249.5/135

Height: 5'5.5"

Smile My first mini-goal and a surprising boost of motivation

ugh this is like the third time I've typed this lol.

So in the last two weeks I have lost a total of 7lbs. I started at 255
*back in high school I weighed 270, and lost 15lb the summer before college*
shortly after the new year and my first mini goal was under 250 because I haven't been under 250 since I was 16.
And I did it! I started at 255.5 and I now weigh 247.4
Daily weigh ins used to not work for me, but they've been working lately. Every day I see those numbers go down, I get insanely happy, and it motivates me to be good all day.

But here's the surprising motivation boost:
Last night I was hanging out at my friends dorm. When I was leaving, I was walking down the hall and I saw that the last dorm on the right was open... a guy walked out and said to me "You are gorgeous" I of course stuttered and said thank you and as I left I heard him say bye bye.
I couldn't stop smiling all last night.
To the average skinny pretty girl, this would be no big deal.
To me, it is a HUGE deal. My boyfriend doesn't seem to understand this.
Some guy, who doesn't have to lie to me to be nice, told me I'm gorgeous. My family will tell me that but sometimes families just say that to make you feel better. My boyfriend will say I'm pretty, but only on occasions when I get dressed up or if I ask him how I look. But this random guy? he didn't have to say it. he didn't have to say anything. and he did and it makes me extremely happy.

now all i can think of is, if I'm "gorgeous" now, then wait till I reach my goal weight--then maybe I'll be "Drop Dead Gorgeous" or even beautiful or sexy. And despite all my other reasons, this is probably the biggest one--I've always thought I was hideous, but maybe this weight loss will give me what I need.

Last edited by howellbe; 01-23-2011 at 02:34 PM.
howellbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

You are gorgeous, he was right! Embrace it darling! I've been told I'm ugly by family members because of being overweight but when I was thin, I didn't get plastic surgery and wasn't called ugly by them. I have been told I'm pretty by friends, acquaintances, being hit on by random guys even at the heaviest weight! It's all relative and shows that people are gonna say what they're gonna say but we know the truth and the truth is we're pretty women!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #3  
New start 24/10/10

Height: 5'8

Oh but you are! What a lovely morale boost
supergir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Start 159/Current 152/Goal 125

Height: 5'6"

Default Discouraged

I have been on the IP diet for 2 wks now The first week I lost 7.8 lbs. This last weigh in as of yesterday, I only lost .8 lbs. I follow the diet exactly the way I am supposed to including drinking all my water. It is not that time of the month (sorry guys), nor close. Has anyone had this happen to them and if so what should I do?
Shannon444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 335/TICKER/180

Height: 5'8"

You are very pretty hun... I have never thought I ws a pretty girl either. I have always percieved myself as ugly and fat but exactly what I said... I PERCIEVED MYSELF. You are beautiful that was a gread confidence boost for you.
aasshhlleeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #6  
sushishortstuff

S/C/G: 209/161/138

Height: 5'3"

I am on weight watchers and have had the same thing happen, usually after a great weigh-in the week before. I think that it may be your body just trying to adjust. I have also realized how much my body HATES salt. I can gain huge by eating just a bit too much. Just keep going and you will get there!!
sushishortstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4

AWWW that is AWESOME! that is great motivation and just knowing its paying off all your hard work. What a sweet guy! remember you are gorgeous!!!
momof3preemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 218/188/150

Height: 5'5

I love it when that happens! It's so funny because the first person I always tell is my husband. LOL
suenos096 is offline   Reply With Quote