Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 12:21 PM   #1  

Talking 300+ And Ready To Try Again... #245

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 11-27-2002, 12:35 PM   #2  

Smile Hey Chicksters!

Just stopping by for a minute to start a new thread and report another 2 pounds loss this week for a grand total of 96 pounds lost! That makes my current weight 174, down from my high of 270 pounds! Woohoo! As Baylee mentioned, I DO have a Christmas goal of being 165 pounds. Only 9 more pounds to go... and only 4 more pounds until I can have that "100 Pounds Lost" party!

Mary... I say "GO FOR IT" if it's what you want and will make you happy. It sounds like an amazing opportunity! If, however, you're happy in your current position and don't think you'd ultimately like to have that added stress then... stick with your current placement! It's all about what will make your life enjoyable!... your happiness = your decision! Good luck whatever you decide!!!

Lucky... Yeesh! Too bad about everyone's hours becoming part time! It's sometimes nice to start a new job... but it's not nice being FORCED to look for one! When do everyone's hours officially get cut?

Okay... I've got more to say (SURPRISE!) but I have to take off for a bit! Be back soon!

Sara
270/174/150
Old 11-27-2002, 02:18 PM   #3  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

WOOO - HOOOOO SARAH!!! You go girl! God, how nice it must feel to be down there AND approaching the big one hundred pound mark. You're my idol.

Well, I took a BIG step today and have an order in for an Apple iBook. Neat laptop that will bring me into the "real world" of computers, from home. If you don't hear from me over the weekend it's cause the shipment came in and I'm trying to figure out the new OS.

MARY: GO FOR IT! You deserve the promotion and can handle the online courses. I'll help if I can.

LUCKY: Bummer about the job. These things always happen right around the holidays. Not that anytime is a good time for a cut back. Who know's tho? Maybe this will lead to your finding a new, better paying job in a field you enjoy. I'll be thinking of you.

HAVE A HAPPY AND BLESSED THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
Old 11-27-2002, 03:59 PM   #4  
a work in progress...

Is there a CHAT tonight?
If so...the usual time?

i think i can...i think i can...i think i can...

Will check in later...
Old 11-27-2002, 04:05 PM   #5  

Default Hi again Chick-apeas!

Thanks so much J-Ann! Your encouragement means a lot to me! Ohhh... you must be excited about your new ibook coming! Geesh, my hubby would probably give up our (as of yet non-exsistent) firstborn for one of those!

I just got back from another hour long jog! It is NIPPY (read: freakin' cold) out there today! It was overcast and little flakes of snow were falling occassionally. I knew I'd have problems with sore ears if I wasn't careful so I stuffed my ears with cotton balls, then put a head warmer on and then put earmuffs on TOP! I looked silly but my ears didn't bother me at all!

Also, my friend loaned me a beautiful, dark green, satin ball gown to wear to my hubby's Christmas party this Saturday. The ONLY problem with it is that it has no arms and I've...uhem... got a bit of flab there despite all my weight lifting in the last couple of months SO... I could still get something I have taken in, OR, I could just SUCK IT UP and wear the gown because it's beautiful!

Okay. I have to hop in the shower and get ready to go to the Sexual Assault Support Centre. Did I mention my training is over? I don't start on the Crisis Lines until 2 weeks from now; I get to meet my "mentor" at the SASC Christmas Party before then. She'll be around to call and "debrief" with after shifts. SO... tonight I'll be helping the Fundraising Coordinator make some calls.

Hmmm... where IS everyone today?!

Sara
270/174/150

Last edited by SaraJoy; 11-27-2002 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-27-2002, 04:54 PM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around alot lately. DH took yesterday and today off and I've been cleaning and working trying to get ready for company tomorrow. YIKES!

Really don't have time to be here, so I'm gonna just let you know that I'm all alive. Have a wonderful holiday if I don't get a chance to get back here.

Love to all!
Old 11-27-2002, 05:23 PM   #7  

Sarajoy you are doing great. I had one of those weeks that I stayed the same but that is ok. Went to the doc today and he has once again lowered my blood pressure medication, my goal is to be off it all together, the doctor is just floored he said he has never seen such a change in blood pressure do to weight loss and excercise. He was telling me today that the medical community doesn't even tell people anymore that thier BP will come down with weight loss because they saw it wasn't happening when the people had high BP for a long time so he is very pleased but being veryu cautious with the decreases and taking them slowly so I go back to him just before Christmas.

I don't know why , well I think I know I had a bit of a binge today it lasted for about half an hour. I had some soup for lunch with crackers and I think it just wasn't enough I usually eat several different things for lunch. I just couldn't gert past the need for more to eat so I made some bad choices and then said that is enough look what you are putting at stake and I stopped. that is the first binge I have had since I started in Feb. I think I got it out of my system now. Got to make sure that size 14 is still going to fit on Sat for the Christmas party. Oh Sarajoy I know what you mean by the flabb on the arms I have that too I would just like to take a knife and cut it off, but you know you should wear the dress and hold your head up high because you have doe a great thing for yourself. No one will even notice your arms because they will be too busy asking who the beautiful woman is with your husband.
Got to go it is supper time and the troups are starting to get restless.
Old 11-27-2002, 05:56 PM   #8  

Hello,
No, I haven't disappeared, just lurking not much to say, think I might have found a house, It's small but comfortable, with a finished basement with a large rec area, and a heated garage, the only thing is it doesn't include appliances, so now I have to find some cheap second hand appliances. Well probalby move in the weekend of Dec 14, before christmas so I'll be able to do some decorating and not have to rush to tear them all down.
I so anxious to go out a do some christmas shopping, got one side of the family done now I need to work on my side, and the son's presents.

Sara congrats on another loss, I don't know how you stay so motivated, where does your will power come from.

Where is every body else, this thread is really slowing down, come out and post people, so we can have something to talk about. Have fun at the chat, tonight, wish I could join, need to get a computer for home, sooooooon.

Ta Ta for Now
Old 11-27-2002, 06:14 PM   #9  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

OH Duckie,

I'm so glad to see you've found a place to live. I'be been so worried for you. Get those used appliances and get yourselves moved in. The rest will sort itself out.

Belated Happy Thanksgiving to you. I do live close enough to the border to know that your T'giving is in Oct.

BTW: Can you keep that COLD Canadian air up in Canada?? It's so cold and snowy here I expect to see St. Nick rather than a turkey tomorrow. We're supposed to get another 3-5 inche of the white stuff tomorrow and it's been below freezing all week. BURRRRR!
Old 11-27-2002, 08:22 PM   #10  
Progress..not perfection

Hey guys! Just wanted to hop in here real quick to tell everyone to try to stay strong tomorrow. I know it's going to be really hard, but we can do it! I am making all my recipes low fat and instead of making pecan pie, (which is a killer for me) I have made a pumpkin pie......which I do not like. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that we will make it through the day without doing too much damage. Please know I will be thinking about all of you tomorrow, as you all are people that I am thankful for. I love you.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-27-2002, 08:50 PM   #11  
Dancing those pounds away

Okay... I just went to chat room and it said Kat was there... but no response. It was 7:53 pm CST. Sorry I missed you.
Old 11-27-2002, 08:55 PM   #12  
a work in progress...

Default A day late and a dollar short...

That's the story of MY life...

I sprang out of bed at 8:00...and ran to the computer...thinking, Maybe, just maybe they'll still be there...... I'm keeping that window open just in case someone pops in...

DH and I had a long talk the other day...I think we are both going to give "Body for Life" a try. I told him that I cannot do this alone, while he is bringing in goodies and munchies all the time. He seemed very agreeable. We are reading up on it this weekend and hope to start Monday. That does NOT mean I'm going to eat my way through the entire weekend... I swear!

We had some excitement at work last night...I work in a small community hospital, we do not have a maternity ward...occasionally though, a baby is born in the ER. Last night was one of those nights! The poor woman and her husband just found out YESTERDAY that she was even pregnant! Apparently, she had never missed a period, even took a pregnancy test, which came out negative. She never was sick, smoked throughout, even helped move furniture several weeks ago! She was concerned about "the tumor" she thought was growing in her belly! Even went to her MD who sent her for a CAT scan! (Doesn't say much for the doctor who failed to discover a pregnancy when, ~IF~ she palpated her abdomen!) During the course of the CAT, they saw the baby, stopped the test immediately and sent her over to Ultrasound, where they determined that she was 34-35 weeks pregnant! She went home and shocked the **** out of her hubby. Later that night, she started having "severe abdominal pain" (HELLO!!!! LABOR!) so they brought her back to our hospital. (??? the one with no maternity wing!) Actually, they did not think it was labor because it was "too soon." When the ER doc determined that it was indeed time, they called for a transport team to bring her to the Medical Center about 30 minutes from here. The team arrived but then it was too late!!! She was too close to delivery to put in an ambulance....sooooo....a little baby boy was born in our ER last night!! 6 lbs, 12 oz! Darn good size for a baby born 6 weeks early with NO prenatal care! He is just beautiful too!! Bright eyed and alert, and LOUD! Well equipped place that we have, they had to send one of the grandmas out to the store (right around the corner) to buy formula and newborn bottles! They did manage to get momma and baby transported to a real...I mean BIG hopsital around 6 am. Thank God it wasn't one of those wild and crazy nights with 3 heart attacks going at once, a couple of screaming drunks, and a few broken hips from the local nursing home! It was a very peaceful night...was actually snowing throughout the whole ordeal and stopped right before the ambulance with the baby left. Talk about a holiday miracle for THAT family!!

Ok...no body's popped into the chat room, so I guess I'll jump into the shower and try to get ready for work EARLY tonight...

Have a wonderful, happy, healthy holiday everyone!
I give thanks every day for all of you!

Happy Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-27-2002, 09:02 PM   #13  
a work in progress...

I am there!!! It say Baylee is still signed on but she's not there! Sorry I missed you 2cute! And you too Baylee if you don't come back...
Old 11-28-2002, 12:10 AM   #14  

Talking Just a Quickie!

Kat! That story about the baby is incredible! She didn't even know she was pregnant? I read the story twice just to make sure I hadn't misunderstood! Crazy! That would be like me... giving birth tomorrow! I tell you... THAT ain't gonna happen!

Kat and Baylee: Congrats on your mutual decision to grab-the-bull-by-the-horns; it's easier to pull him with two sets of hands!

Okay. Hubby's calling me to bed! Catch you chickies later!

Oh yeah...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING AMERICANS!

Sara
270/174/150
Old 11-28-2002, 01:03 AM   #15  
Dancing those pounds away

What a great story !!! Wow !!!

It is midnight here. I never got to make it back to chat.
I am leaving at 7am Thursday and won't be home until probably Sunday night or Monday. Be good while I am gone.

Baylee.. you and Kat's enthusiasm will keep everyone high.
There is no better motivator than Enthusiasm !!!!
Closed Thread