South Beach Diet - SBD Daily Chat - Weekend Jan. 21 and 22

BellaLucia
01-22-2011, 02:47 AM
I'm blessed to have great people in my life and my former employers are going to bat for me. They are writing LORs (Letters of Recommendations) for me. It's for a position as an Office Assistant at Community Academy Public Charter School in Washington, DC. I hope to be able to send the Application out by Monday afternoon latest. I have some pressure on me to get a job because my Uncle was told by me, to call in February because I thought for sure the job I applied for was actually hiring! Silly me, why would I think you're hiring when you say "Apply Now"! Thanks Champion School! I'm gonna enjoy the Packers beating the Bears in Sunday and oh yes I went there Bears fans, should be a good game!

tomandkara
01-22-2011, 03:38 AM
Morning, Okie! I had to laugh because in military circles, "LOR" means "letter of reprimand"! I'm glad you're not getting one of those!

We're having a slow start to the day - relaxing in bed with the girls and Luke while Tom and Connor are at the Boy Scout Pinewood Derby race. The rest of us are going to meet up with them later for Connor's basketball game and then the girls and I have to sell Girl Scout cookies this afternoon. Busy day!

I'd better get my workout in before we have to leave...

LADY WINDSONG
01-22-2011, 04:40 AM
May today be as special as you all are. :mouse:

litar
01-22-2011, 06:05 AM
Okie- You are an early bird or a night owl?? It is nice to have people to help when you need them!

Kara- I am so jealous of your relaxing day:p....I'm making up a snow make-up day today. YUCK!!!!! Have fun with the family today!

Marcie- Thanks again for your words of encouragement

I read through yesterdays posts but didn't get to reply again....

Heidi- we were told that today must be Instructional....Our leaders at the county level were concerned about the perceptions of our parents if we had a fun day??? Good teachers can make instruction fun. I get so frustrated at times- just wish people would quit worry about perceptions and do what is best for kids....that's a novel concept!!!:dizzy:

Anyway- everyone else have a relaxing, wonderful Saturday. I will later this afternoon!!!!;)

Laneebm
01-22-2011, 07:26 AM
I woke up at 4:30am.. Sort of early huh?? No coffee yet.. Diet coke instead..
And some almonds,roasted.. Will weigh in later in the morning.. Sat. already..
I am off today and tomorrow..wow..Bought another diet book at WM yesterday.. You Can Do It, I think it is called.. Will read it over the weekend.
Ya'll have a terrific and blessed day.. Lanee..
---------------- moved and merged by Ruthxxx ---------
Good morning ladies.. Ya'll are up early.. I thought 4:30 am. was early.. Ya'll got me beat there.. My dh moves around too much in bed. He woke me up.. Might sleep on the couch a couple of hours.. So I don't be tired later today..
Have a super day!! Lanee..

Ruthxxx
01-22-2011, 07:37 AM
Good morning. Why oh why do I need to wake early when I didn't hit bed until after 12? I think I'll flop on the couch in the back room for a while. Play quietly, OK?

CyndiM
01-22-2011, 07:53 AM
I'm with you Ruth. I made myself stay up later than I wanted to hoping to sleep through the night. Instead I had insomnia at 2, cat jogging at 4 and more cat olympics at 6. Bah

Time for a big pot of coffee. I'll be back later when I'm not so annoyed about being awake :rolleyes:

BellaLucia
01-22-2011, 07:55 AM
I feel reborn today because I re-dedicated myself to my Faith. I'm looking forward to what God has in store for me. Wow, you learn something new everyday! Morning Kara! Many have tried to break me, but I'm still standing, strong and resolute! Happy Saturday, go PACKERS!

cottagebythesea
01-22-2011, 08:22 AM
:yawn: :coffee: Good morning! Well, I slept in, and I sure did enjoy it. Especially knowing that we're only in the single digits outside and my bed was warm and cozy. :p

The only thing I have planned today is to make a pot of rice pudding to take up to my brother. He's recuperating after a grueling operation to repair his rotator cuff after falling off an icy ladder, and in quite a lot of pain. I know the pudding won't ease his pain, but at least it may cheer him up. He's a self-employed carpenter and contractor, and won't able to work for 6 months.

WaistingTime
01-22-2011, 08:33 AM
Good morning:)

Another day of lazy recuperation for me. I will probably be watching lots of online TV since our latest Tivo has also bitten the dust. Yes, this is the 4th in the past couple of months. Clearly DH and I are Tivo jinxed. We'd give up if we didn't love them so much... when they work. Going out to dinner with friends tonight and I am planning to eat as well as I can. I have been really doing well with eating and am not going to let this get me off track!

Have a great day everyone!

Heidi58
01-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Good morning!

Okie, "no comment" on the ball game. ;) :lol: Are you still holding off on the volunteering? It would look good on job resumes, and schools are flexible. We get lots of people who volunteer while they're in between jobs and then have to stop when they get full time work again. I have a job hunting volunteer right now and I sure appreciate her! Have a great weekend!

Kara, your posts always make me nostalgic. I'm too old and tired to have more babies but there are times when I'd love to turn back the clock. :) I smiled as I thought of you and the kids snuggling in bed this morning and going to the pinewood derby later on. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Lisa, good luck today. At least this is one day you won't have to make up in the spring. I'm thinking we may be in school on the 4th of July this year! I hope you've got an easy, relaxing day planned tomorrow.

Cyndi, when I stay at my mom's I can't believe how often her cat Seymour jumps on me and wakes me during the night. "Cat Olympics" is a very good name for it - I'll have to pass that on to my mom. :) I hope you're feeling a little perkier after your coffee.

Good morning, Marcie. And pleasant dreams to Lanee and Ruth - I hope you're both snoozing on your couches as I type. :)

Oh Cottage, what a rough break for your brother! I bet he'll be pleased with the pudding - I think everyone feels better when they're reminded that they're loved.

Hi Karen, I bet it will feel good to get out this evening. Sorry about the Tivo, but happy online TV watching today. I do that while I'm hooping. :)

I feel like I've been typing forever, I wonder if anyone else posted while I was working on this? Hello to those who haven't posted yet. Have a great Saturday friends! :hug:

Mmckellen
01-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Good morning all,
Okie, very good luck to you with the job. It sounds like a great opportunity and more and more (as my son gets older) I think being around kids keeps you young! Keep us posted.

Litar, I also have never heard of school on a Saturday, but as a parent, I support that idea :-). Once in a while, it can't hurt. We're having a low key day today. I'm going out for a walk in a bit, and then have PT. After PT, I'll come back home and my husband is going out to the motorcycle show at the Javitz Center. I'm going to take my son to the library, etc. until our sitter gets here and then head into the city myself. I've got to return something to a museum gift shop and then my husband and I will meet up at our friend's house (where I'll have my cheat meal - fondue!!). I'm excited to do something different and today's the day. Hope everyone has a good one!

BellaLucia
01-22-2011, 09:48 AM
I'll keep everyone posted on the job. Gotta go!

tanner'smom
01-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Good morning!!

I have decided that the cats of the world must have had a meeting last night, because guess what woke me up this morning. If you guessed my cat you are right. One of them was standing outside our door meowing. I would like you to know that this is the only time he meows and it drives me nuts.

Today is full, but should be good. We are headed to the pool this morning. One of my son's friends invited him and then this afternoon he has his play. Tonight I am going to try a new reciepe for veggie gumbo.

Have a great Saturday!!

Pearlrose
01-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Good morning everyone,

Wonder if its something in the air I went to bed after midnight last night as well and could not sleep and was up at 6 a.m. DD2 crawled into bed with us, so we snuggled for awhile.

Okie good luck on the job.

Taking DS to eye appt this morning, that is it on the agenda so that is good.

Enjoy your Saturday and stay warm

tomandkara
01-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Good morning, Marcie!

Lisa, I hope the school day goes well for you! Are they making you all do a full day?

Lanee, get some more sleep! Is your couch comfy?

Ruth, enjoy your rest!

Cyndi, sounds like the cats need a bedroom of their own so they don't bother you!

Linda, I'm sure your brother will love the pudding! What a shame about his accident. I hope things don't get too hard for him.

Karen, how are you feeling? Did they give you a general timeline for recovery?

Heidi, it's funny because loads of people tell me they miss when their kids were the ages my kids are and I am always kind of shocked. And scared that it gets worse...

Matilda, enjoy your time out today! I always think I'm going to like fondue and then I never do.

Jasmine, what play is your son in? You'll have to post the gumbo recipe if it's a good one! I've never had gumbo before!

Rose, good luck at the eye appointment!

We're home for the day. The basketball game went well (despite Connor forgetting that you have to bounce the ball as you move...) and his car at least made it down the track. We ended up not having to sell cookies because a ship spilled some acid in the river where the cookie shipment was coming and so the cookies couldn't get to us. Who knew they came by boat!

We're having tacos for dinner. I'm making mine a taco salad. Mmmm!

Lexxiss
01-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

A late check in here...We're meeting mom for breakfast soon. I order an egg and bring a veggie sausage patty and a piece of WW toast, it makes it doable on a weekly basis. Then I have to process all the veggies I bought yesterday and make a big salad to last a couple of days. It's snowy so I think it's a good day to stay home.

Planned and OP have a great day everyone!

Schmoodle
01-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Good morning, all! I enjoyed a lazy morning today too. The kids stayed at their grandparents last night, so just me at home. Obviously my kitties didn't get the memo because they didn't bother me until I got up. They've learned that it's too dangerous, I think. I slept like a log and woke up at 8, but stayed in bed to read for a while with a cup of tea. i really needed a little recharge.
For those who asked yesterday about the low iodine diet, it's temporary, in preparation for a radioactive iodine scan and treatment next week. I've been under treatment for Graves disease for a year now, without going into remission, so we're going to try the iodine treatment. I'll be glad to get back to feeling "normal".

I don't remember what was on my to-do list for today, only that it was long. Nothing fun planned this weekend, so I may have to remedy that somehow!

AmyKitKat
01-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Good Morning Early Chickies...

DH and DS made it out of here last night and are currently freezing themselves ice fishing. DD stayed up until 9:30pm (girl normally has a 7pm bedtime) and woke up singing at 6:15am (I made the mistake of letting her sleep with me). Oh well.

Having a girly day with my sister so that DD doesn't get too jealous of the boy's weekend (though why anyone would be jealous of ice fishing is beyond me ;)

Here's to a great on plan weekend!!! I managed to stop with a 1/2 glass of red wine last night at the FAC (Friday Afternoon Club) and won't be doing that again any time soon. Cravings came rushing back like I didn't know they could. Good grief.

Happy Saturday!

WaistingTime
01-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Karen, how are you feeling? Did they give you a general timeline for recovery?

Much better, thanks. Originally I was told I might be able to "walk" for exercise after two or three weeks. I will ask about that and everything else when I see the doc on Wednesday. Lots of Pinewood Derbys in my past!

KO
01-22-2011, 04:29 PM
Hey Ladies:
DH and I were cleaning this morning and now I'm going to study for the written drivers test. 2 days no stress eating down! :cb: I have a lot of work ahead of me luckily it's too cold to leave the house!
Have a good day chicks!
Kierie

annieoh
01-22-2011, 06:32 PM
I'm dying here. My lungs are on fire, my hands are frozen, and it's still 35 degrees out. But...

1) I ran from light pole to light pole, then walked, then ran again.
2) I have Saucony running shoes
3) I may be dead, but I can do this

<3

Natasha1534
01-23-2011, 03:16 AM
Morning, ladies. Haven't been around much lately b/c my computer has been sick w/ a virus. :( No time for personals, it's been way too busy at work. Hope everyone is doing well. *hugs* to all!!!

LADY WINDSONG
01-23-2011, 05:21 AM
Good Morning

Think about your why's and then put them into action.

Mmckellen
01-23-2011, 08:12 AM
Happy Sunday everyone,
My cheat meal last night was great and not even so much of a cheat. I made the appetzier (asparagus with proscuitto) and there were olives so both those were on plan. Then for dinner I would say I only had about the equivalent of 1-2 slices bread anyway (but did have a lot of cheese). I ate dessert (bread pudding) but again, it wasn't out of control. I'll be on plan today for sure.

This morning I am taking my son to Sunday school at my new church for the first time. It will also be my first time attending a morning sermon (I have been going to the evening vespers service so far, which I really like, but want my son to attend Sunday school). I'm excited, but also a bit nervous. Then we're going to costco and after that, watching "Revenge of the Sith" with my son and a friend of his. Then comes the Jets game, which should be interesting/cause a family war because my husband is a Jets fan and both his brothers are Steelers fans (we aren't watching the game with them). I'm hoping to wind down early tonight and get a good night's sleep. Hope everyone has a great day today!

Heidi58
01-23-2011, 08:18 AM
Good morning friends! :wave:

Natasha, I'm sorry about your computer! I'm glad you got a minute to check in this morning.

Annie, Hooray! Not only did you get your shoes, you've already been running! Nice work!

It's soooo cold this morning and it's going to get colder. :brr: I'm glad I don't have to be outdoors today. Church this morning and then lots of of odds and ends and paperwork this afternoon. With some exercise thrown in of course. lol

Have a nice Sunday. :)

CyndiM
01-23-2011, 08:40 AM
Good morning :coffee2: It's been a much more pleasant start to the day today. We closed a couple of the doors before bed and that cut down on the cat crazies. I did discover what set them off yesterday. We live out in the country and mice are just an occasional fact of life. Apparently one made it's way in and the cats found it. Neither one is a killer (boy cat is not interested and Luna couldn't kill anything if she wanted to). Eventually I will have to implement the mouse relocation program if it doesn't make it's way back out.

Natasha - I was thinking about you and wondering what you were up to. I was hoping for something more fun than a computer virus :( Hope you get that all cleaned out.

Heidi - same crazy cold weather here this week. I'm hibernating today but have to go out tomorrow :brr:

Mathilda - We went through that last weekend at my parents' house. My DD is a die hard Patriots fan and my Dad, in NY, is a Jets fan. I could care less so just had fun watching them.

Annie - Wow, hats off to you!

Kierie! I always like seeing you around here :) I'm battling the stress eating monster myself :o again

Marcie - Have a good day

Karen - Glad to hear you are doing better already.

AmyKitKat - Was it real wine or one of those wine beverages? Some of those things have all kinds of added sugars.
I will never understand the attraction of ice fishing. It's popular around here too. Why would anyone want to sit out on the ice for hours at a time :brr:

Schmoodle - My cats know they move faster than I do in the morning. They have no fear ;)
Good luck with the treatment this week. I hope it does the trick.

Debbie - Hope your at home day was just what you needed it to be.

Kara - They don't want their own space. They want us to wake up and feed them. Have I mentioned how much I dislike the vet that insisted they eat canned food?!

:wave: everyone I missed. I need to get some breakfast

Today's plan is all cooking, cleaning and staying inside.

Lexxiss
01-23-2011, 08:46 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

Yesterday took a big twist-I was tired, took a nap, drug myself out for cheap vaccines at the shelter and took a really bad fall in their parking lot. It could have been lots worse (my mom could have been with us). The rest of the lot was cleared, but it had snowed pretty hard. It looked like snow covering asphalt, but there was an inch layer of ice under the snow. Not only did I land on my tailbone, but my shin hit the ?? underside of the car or door. I'm not sure....anyway I came home and ate some crap food and went to bed.

This morning, I'm back on track. I had alot of time to think about things and had a talk with DH about the reality of our year/with mom. The writing is on the wall that we need to be here more, and the reality for me, if I'm going to have a sane relationship with food and exercise, comes to acceptance and planning. I want to stay home today, but mom wants to go to brunch. She is alone and she wants to be with us on the weekends and so I need to rethink my schedule so we all get our needs met. The reality is that the reason we're here is for her. Just talking about it feels like a start.
~short term goal for me-get my picture project and company books finished
~next project-get our spare room upstairs transformed for exercise. We already have a weight bench in the basement and a treadmill on the 1st floor.

So, we're off to brunch this morning (930) and I've made great progress this morning getting the house back in order (yesterdays job). I'm going to sit down later and plan a week of meals and communicate w/mom regarding her schedule so I can come up with mine.

Have a great day everyone!

CyndiM
01-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Debbie :hug: Hope you aren't too achy this morning. You are my role model for surviving this phase sanely. I worry that we will find ourselves in the same situation in the not too distant future. I'm glad you are remembering to make yourself a priority as you plan. That's a lesson I need to work on more.

Ruthxxx
01-23-2011, 09:07 AM
Good morning! I'm still in "retreat" mode so won't chat much. I took a "me" day yesterday with no phone, not much Net and stayed inside all day. I made baked beans (mistake!) and did some other odds and sods. I seem to be in need of some "space" so don't fret if I'm quiet.

This morning we have a Parish service at our Church with all three congregations. I sure hope the automatic timer worked for the heat as it's way below zero out there. The body heat from all three congregations should warm things up. We also have "the lunch" afterwards which I can avoid since I'll be serving. I'm slowly learning to navigate the potholes on this Road of Life! This afternoon will be more R&R in an attempt to make next week easier.

Take a space for yourself today. It helps.

WaistingTime
01-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Debbie - Hugs from me too.

Our dinner out last night got canceled; friend was sick. Made soup that will provide yummy meals for days. The snow they said was 100% for today went north so we may now get none. This afternoon I'll watch teen play basketball. And my brother is coming over to help me with a minor computer thing. I am taking over a lot of the administrative work for our family charitable foundation and this is one last piece I need to figure out. (I kept typing "bother" - Freudian slip?) He'll bring my little nephews who always make me smile and wear me out.

I am feeling so much better! And last night I finally tried sleeping on my side again so got much more rest. Woo hoo.

cottagebythesea
01-23-2011, 09:12 AM
OUCH, Debbie! :fr: Those falls on the ice are scary business and extremely dangerous! Thank goodness you weren't hurt worse than you were! :hug: I admire you and Kirk for sitting down and discussing priorities and setting a solid plan in action. And Cyndi's absolutely right in saying that many of us are going to find ourselves in the same situation eventually. I can already see it with my parents.

:wave: Matilda, Heidi, Natasha, and everyone else!

I thought I'd be sore and achey this morning after dancing the day away yesterday. Monica and Carley came out to spend the day with us, and Carley brought her Wii Kid's Dance Party. That was so much fun! I must be in better shape than I thought, because I feel OK today. :D

It's beyond cold outside! I'll try to be outside as little as possible today.

tanner'smom
01-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Good morning!!!

Yesterday was a lot of fun and busy. I did get off plan with some taco chips, but I am just jumping back on plan.

Today is church and cleaning. I love my Sunday routines.

Yesterday, someone asked which show my son is in, he is in "Jack and the Giant". It is a take off of Jack and the Beanstalk. He plays the chicken. My son at the ripe ole' age of 6 is a theater junkie. He loves performing.

Have a great day!!

BellaLucia
01-23-2011, 12:12 PM
I changed my name from FoodObsessed to BellaLucia! BellaLucia means Beautiful Light and that's what I wanna project to the world.

Heidi58
01-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Okie, I love your new usename. BellaLucia sounds so pretty, and "Beautiful Light" is a wonderful image to project!

TallandThin
01-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Morning friends. West coast checking in! Just got back from walking and although we don't have the sun this morning, it is still nice out and I'm still appreciating not having to walk in the rain.

Nat, every time I see your picture at the 5K finish line, I am so inspired and impressed. I also wanted to share an article that I read the other day. To quote, "You can walk a 5K race in 40 minutes, jog it in 30 minutes or run it in under 20 minutes. Whatever way you do it, you're burning the same amount of calories!" Guess I hadn't thought of it that way so who cares if we walk or run, the end result is still the same.

Debbie, so sorry about you falling again. Girl, you need to stay inside until the Spring thaw! Good job thinking thru your situation and making plans to plan (grin).

Ruth, we all have that need from time to time so just enjoy your "space" and come back when you're ready. We'll be here waiting.

Karen, I've been following your progress and am glad you're doing better.

Well, I'm back home after being at DD2's taking care of things while they were on vacation and it feels so good. Wasn't perfect while gone but wasn't completely out of control so bottom line, it was ok. Now I'm back on plan and exercising and looking toward my next mini goal. It feels good to be back in control too! I made the sausage, lentil, kale for dinner last night and have plenty left so that is a great feeling. Not much planned for today except putting the house back in order (DH isn't the best housekeeper) and catching up on laundry. Take care of yourselves and make you your number one priority today!

Lexxiss
01-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks for all the kind wishes, everyone! I survived the day and even managed to take a nap. It's freezing cold and blowing like crazy...I didn't come up with a better plan. :brr:

TallandThin, welcome home! I'm sending you best wishes as you get back into your home routine.

Okie, I love your new name! I think it is a major shift for you recognizing that you are transforming. :hug:

Tanner'smom, lol, I'm imagining your 6 yr old as a chicken!

It looks like the weekend is over soon, whether we're ready or not! See ya'll tomorrow.

BellaLucia
01-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Thanks Debbie! I'm gonna make this upcoming week fab!

Pearlrose
01-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Debbie- I hope you are not feeling too sore from your fall!!!

Okie- Love your new username.

Okay off to go spend with time DD2, just finished my workout so wanted to track it.

BellaLucia
01-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks PearlRose! Have a great week!

Natasha1534
01-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Afternoon, everybody...hope tonight finds you all blessed. :)

Mmckellen - Sounds like you did pretty good w/ your social outing. Good for you!!! And YUM for asparagus and proscuitto...I loooooooooove asparagus. Hope you enjoyed your day!!! The Jets aren't looking so hot right now...uh oh.

Heidi - Thanks. :) Hope you got everything done that you needed to get done!!!

Cyndi - Eek on the mouse...hope it made it's way back out!!! There are very few things that I am girly-stand-on-the-chair-and-scream-hysterically about but mice and snakes are on that list, LOL Thanks for thinking about me. ;) I think I might be on my way to getting my laptop completely cleaned up. I got some malware that has been a b!+ch to get off so far...grr!!! If nothing else, I've backed up all my files and will take it up to Office Depot tomorrow and have them fix it. That's what I paid for my technical support plan for, right??? LOL I am w/ you on the ice fishing. I went to a concert at our local ice-skating rink and all they did was cover the ice w/ plywood and put our chairs on top of it. That is the absolutely coldest my feet have EVER been, OMG!!!

Lexxiss - Ouch!!! I sure hope you aren't too sore from your fall. That certainly sounds painful, hon. Yay for brunch w/ your mom...that's the best!!!

Ruth - Hope you enjoyed your day at church. Sounds crowded, but fun.

WaistingTime - Hope you get your computer thing taken care of...hope it's nothing big.

Cottage - *high five* for dancing and still being able to move the next day...woot woot!!! My brother has an Xbox w/ Kinect and offered to go in half w/ me on Dance Central the other day, so we've been playing that off and on. It's a lot of fun!!! Don't go out there in the cold...stay inside and dance, LOL

tanner'smom - I think it's awesome that your son is a theater junkie already. I never got involved in performing in the theater, but I looooooooooove it. My cousin is an off-off-broadway actress in NYC...I hope to see her on Broadway one day. :) And maybe your son, too!!! ;)

Okie - I like the new name!!! I saw the threadstarter and I was like "who?????????" I thought it was an older member that I wasn't familiar with or something, LOL

TallandThin - I love the quote!!! I am going to try to increase my pace in the future, but for now I'm just feeling blessed to be able to walk well enough to make it to the end of a 5K and not being crippled up, out of breathe, or having to go straight to bed aftewards b/c of the back pain. Last year when I did the Walk for Autism (shorter than a 5K) I had to come home and go straight to bed...I nearly passed out during the walk (probably had something to do w/ them not providing water between the start and finish line and it being May in Georgia, but still). Thank you for sharing that quote w/ me...I love it and I might just have to steal it for my Facebook page, LOL

Q-word (shhhhhhh, don't say it out loud of you'll jinx us!!!) night at work so far...yay!!! I think I almost have my computer problems solved, but if not I'll take it up to Office Depot tomorrow and have them fix it. And to top it all off, my hot water heater seems to be on the fritz at the house and I've been taking cold showers for 2 days. :( I've got to have my electric company come out and look at it Monday so I can see if I need a completely new water heater or just the heating element. Wish me luck!!!

jms423
01-24-2011, 12:00 AM
The weekend is almost over, but wanted to check in. It was a pretty rough weekend for me. I got sick and then it felt like the world was crashing in. I got OP, but I am back on plan and feel great. A little setback will only make me stronger, right? Just wanted to thank you ladies for creating such a wonderful and supporting atmosphere. I was embarrassed that I slipped, but I don't feel afraid to share w/ you guys. Thank you.

I am still sick, but I got in a good walk today w/ the dog. I thought the fresh air and sunshine would do me some good. I was OP all day and feel much better after the crap I ate Friday/Saturday.

I am ready for the week. I am a super busy work week and a full school schedule, but my fridge is stocked w/ OP foods and I am ready to go. I just hope this flu bug passes so I can workout again. Otherwise I will plan on getting in some walks w/ the dog.

Natasha1534
01-24-2011, 05:26 AM
jms423 - Don't be embarrassed...we have all slipped!!! ;) The important thing is to not let that little slip be our downfall that sends us tumbling off our wagon. So chin up, back on plan, and keep coming here for our support!!! ;)