Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-21-2011, 07:49 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Anyone else maintain like this?

Typically I eat around 1700-1900 M - Th and then F, S and Su I'll induldge a bit, and I'll be honest sometimes I indulge more than other times and sometimes it's a full blown binge, but I try my best to keep it within reason and make sure that what I'm indulging on is worth it. But typically on Friday's my weight is in the low 140s and by Monday I'm 143-145 and then back down by Friday. So I'm staying in my range and pretty happy. I just feel guilty about the indulgences a little, especially when they are binges, but those binges are typically PMS induced it seems, so I guess it just is what it is.

I guess I don't feel guilty so much as it just seems too good to be true. I mean can I really just keep on like this. Obviously, if I'm ever still in the high 140s by Friday I'll stay more on plan over the weekend, but that hasn't been and issue yet. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if I were to stay closer to plan over the weekend I'd still be losing weight. Anyway, just wanted a little input thanks!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:38 AM   #2  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

I'm so glad you posted this thread, thanks!
I only really just started maintenance, but that is how I'm sort of trying it out so far.
Throughout my weight loss journey I was POP Mon-Thur, then either Fri, Sat or Sun I would have one meal or evening off plan if you want to call it that. This worked for me all the way through my journey so I figured that when I hit maintenance I would try to do roughly the same thing, but allow a little bit more relaxed eating on a weekend, and see how it went.
Last weekend was my first real test and was also my birthday weekend, so it turned into 2 days of eating LOTS of food... However Monday I got back POP straight away with no problems and come yesterday I'd actually lost another lb!
I have to admit that I'm scared it was too good to be true and that next week I'll see a gain. But the plan is, like you do, to see how it goes and if my weight is up for my next Friday weigh in then I will stay more on plan that weekend.
Please keep me updated on how it goes for you, and I'll do the same!
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:11 AM   #3  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

ncuneo - I have basically maintained a weight of 138 - 143 doing exactly the same as you, except my weekday calories are a bit lower and my weekend calories are a bit higher. It all averages out to around 1900 calories a day , (in the winter when I don't get in as much physical excercise) and 2100 calories a day in the summer (when I work my butt off in the yard and garden). Typically Fridays are my lowest weight, usually 138 to 140 and by MOnday it's 141 to 143.

I think as long as we can GET BACK ON PLAN for the week, there is no problem, it's the day we decide not to weigh on Monday morning is when the problem will get out of control.

I spent All day Friday shopping the sales in Lincoln. I spent only $200 that I received from Christmas from my Father in Law. (Been saving it for the 80% off sales). In the process I bought 2 pair of jeans (The majority of the money went for these items.) 2 complete sets of long underwear, 2 pair of work out pants with 1 jacket to match both, 3 cardigan sweaters, 1 crew neck sweater, 8 shirts and 2 Cami's. All in size small, medium and 6. This is the 2nd winter in a row that I have been able to wear these sizes and I am THRILLED. Needless to say, because of the excitement of all these beautiful new clothes, my weight is at 139 this morning. Didn't overindulge this weekend. Shopping helps!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:46 PM   #4  
Feeling like a Fool at 52

S/C/G: 173/ticker/133

Height: 5'1"

Hi chickadees,

First of all, you are all incredibly inspiring--I've been dieting all of my life it seems, and have never successfully maintained a loss for any amount of time.

This time around, I'm reading every weight-loss book I can get my hands on and am really trying to educate myself on the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of eating with the goal of a "normal" attitude towards food.

At the moment, I'm reading Marianne Williamson's new book which I can not remember the title of at the moment . I don't normally go for what I expected to be over-the-top smarmy feel-good types of books, but this one actually hits home with me.

She says when we overeat or eat something we know isn't in our best interests, it's like committing an act of violence against ourselves. I realize that sometimes I eat something just because it tastes good (like fried chicken cutlets and pasta, the other night!) but I did find myself thinking about the "act of violence" part--what do you think of that concept?
Purpleegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #5  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Gosh I don't know...binging may be an act of violence for me, but overeating or eating things I "shouldn't", I hate to give it that much power. Sometimes I think it just tastes good and for whatever reason I personally need to induldge or I go crazy and feel too deprived and my binging gets worse.

It's good to know Lori, that I'm not the only one and as long as I return to plan and keep it in perspective there's nothing to feel guilty about as long as my weight stays in range. I think the real test will be that time I fall out of range and how I respond. Here's to many more low weight Fridays oh and I totally know what you mean about shopping motivating you to stay on track better over the weekend. I'm almost due for another trip - spring is just around the corner.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Yes, I love low-weight Fridays, lol! It's not that I take it as an excuse to go nuts, but I can have that glass of wine without worrying how it will affect my weight. I don't feel "guilty" for having the food or wine ever, but I know I'll have to pay the consequences (usually more time on the dreadmill or a couple of extra dry salads that week). A low weight going into the weekend just means I can really rest that weekend, which I think all of our bodies need from time to time.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 172/135/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
All in size small, medium and 6. This is the 2nd winter in a row that I have been able to wear these sizes and I am THRILLED.
Uggh, apparently I really need to tone up this flabbiness....I am the same height as you and weigh a little less (136) right now and still comfortably wear a size TEN!!
Mama2Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 172/135/140

I wouldn't consider it an act of violence.....I mean, God gave us taste buds for a reason LOL Sometimes we just need something extra yummy!
Mama2Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:47 AM   #9  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Five View Post
Uggh, apparently I really need to tone up this flabbiness....I am the same height as you and weigh a little less (136) right now and still comfortably wear a size TEN!!
Mama, don't worry about the number. I weigh 135-140 at 5'6" and wear anything from a 4 to a 10 depending on the brand. I'm just coming off a "rough patch" as I'm calling it and just this morning weighed in at 140. I'm feeling flabbier this winter (although my clothes still fit) than last while my exercise remains the same. I've started adding in more core work, planks & supermans and stretching at night to help my back and maybe tone up a little?.

Lori
, you are my kind of shopper! Love the sales, and those smaller sizes are always on the clearance racks. I'm going shopping with my girlfriend tomorrow in Minneapolis and will let all of you know how I make out. My gf wants me to try on dresses for my DD23's upcoming wedding in October. If I'm not really looking, I'll find it right? I want more of a cocktail dress rather than a MOB dress (ugh--they're uggy).

Oh and Nunceo, I attempt to maintain the same way. I don't cc, but eat more on the weekends than during the week. My highest weight is usually on Monday or Tuesday mornings, with Friday or Saturday is the lowest. I sometimes find that my weight is delayed by a day or so, meaning that it takes a couple of days of being on plan for the scale to show me the $.

Last edited by losermom; 01-26-2011 at 07:49 AM.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:37 AM   #10  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Yes. My Monday weight is typically 1-3lbs higher than my Friday weight, depending how much salt I ate over the weekend and how little water I drank. My standard maintenance practice is to eat clean M-F, eat mostly clean on the weekend, and eat one big splurge meal/restaurant meal typically Saturday night. I also don't drink nearly as much water on the weekend as I do during the week which kind of clogs up the pipes if you know what I mean, leading to some weight gain.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote