Old 01-21-2011, 11:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default Weighing Myself

You guys, how are you weighing yourselves? I mean, I know that MRC is weighing me with clothes on...obviously . But, to calculate the most accurate BMI and whatnot, should I be all nude-ified when I weigh or should I be dressed? Because I seriously feel happier about the scale when I don't have six pounds of clothing on
Opinions?
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:52 AM   #2  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyRae View Post
You guys, how are you weighing yourselves? I mean, I know that MRC is weighing me with clothes on...obviously . But, to calculate the most accurate BMI and whatnot, should I be all nude-ified when I weigh or should I be dressed? Because I seriously feel happier about the scale when I don't have six pounds of clothing on
Opinions?
I don't think it matters much. BMI is not based on anything special the scale does (like with water and muscle mass, etc), it's based on a simple ratio between your height and weight, and it doesn't change much with just a few pounds. If you want to take your clothes into consideration, then just subtract the weight of your clothes from your weight when you calculate your BMI. When I subtracted 5lbs of clothes on mine, I think my BMI only dropped about 1 point compared to with 5 lbs of clothes.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

At home, I weigh nekkid. :-) My scale is in the bathroom and I weigh every few days before showering.

At the center, most days, I try to do this: I wear tights or leggings under a dress. I also wear a tank top under my dress (do anyway most days for cleavage control!). When I weigh in at the center, I strip down to tank top and leggings. Its pretty consistent to have the same type of clothing on every time you weigh in, but I don't think it matters too much what it is.

For instance, don't weigh in in gym shorts and T one day then jeans a sweater the next.

At my center, you can strip down to weigh if you want. They do close the door to the scale for some people, so I know they are shedding heavy clothes.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote