100 lb. Club - Blaaaaah...I have 143lbs to loose still

mmel3283
01-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Just having one of those days where it seems impossible...I know it's not. But just blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Michou
01-21-2011, 10:13 AM
You will get , dont give up, you are worth it.

Emme
01-21-2011, 10:13 AM
You are right ~ it is NOT impossible! You can definitely do this...just be patient and keep moving right along. :)

beerab
01-21-2011, 10:16 AM
*hugs*

I feel ya- I don't have as much to lose but I've stalled and gone up and down so much- it's frustrating for sure but as long as we don't give up we'll get there :)

Matilda08
01-21-2011, 10:18 AM
stick it out be patient and find other ways to measure your success. That has helped me a great deal. Challenge and push yourself goo dluck!

nationalparker
01-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Don't get discouraged and look at it in one chunk. I say we don't look at other things in our lives like that (as in, "I have to make 1,100 meals this year ... or I have to wake up for work 260 times this year ... or I have to wash my hands 2,200 times this year, etc.) ... look at it like you're going to lose one pound, 13 more times to reach your second goal!!

You can and will do this, Marianne! GOOD LUCK but most of all, work hard!

sept15lija
01-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Don't get discouraged and look at it in one chunk. I say we don't look at other things in our lives like that (as in, "I have to make 1,100 meals this year ... or I have to wake up for work 260 times this year ... or I have to wash my hands 2,200 times this year, etc.) ... look at it like you're going to lose one pound, 13 more times to reach your second goal!!

You can and will do this, Marianne! GOOD LUCK but most of all, work hard!

This is a great way to look at it! Anyways you're doing great, so keep on going, and before you know it - you'll be there. :hug:

mmel3283
01-21-2011, 11:19 AM
I normally look at it per month...just kind of having one of those crazy days where I'm like "UGH...I JUST WANT TO BE CLOSER!!"

If I can maintain about 2.5lbs per week for the next year, I'll be right at my goal...which is totally do able.

Leec37
01-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Keep your chin up!:hug:
I know how you feel, I have a long way to go as well. I also had one of those days earlier this week and I kinda felt like giving up, but that quickly passed.
Don't give up and remember your worth it.
Best of Luck to you.

sept15lija
01-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Oh I totally know where you are coming from. It's just like let's get going already!! I still feel that way sometimes, but way less than before...part of it because I've lost a good chunk already and part of it is because I know through and through now that this is forever, so it doesn't really matter how long it takes, kwim?

time2lose
01-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Just don't even look at that number! You only need to lose 5 pounds. That does not sound so hard, does it? Lose those 5 pounds and then look at the next 5. One step at a time!

NiteNicole
01-21-2011, 12:10 PM
One thing that helps me out of that "OH MY GOSH IT'S JUST SO MUCH" state of mind is that even ten pounds makes a difference. Even ten pounds makes my face look less bloated, makes a difference in how I feel, how my clothes fit, etc. So even if I never lose the whole of it, EVERYTHING makes a difference.

Essa415
01-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Don't think of it as "I have 143lbs to loose still" think of it as "Wow I have lost 22 pounds already!"

Looks like you are doing an amazing job so far, keep up the good work!!

mmel3283
01-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Thanks guys!

fitkristi
01-21-2011, 02:53 PM
We started out at a similar weight, and I'm doing it - you totally can! I hit that point at about 280's where it was suuuuuuuuuch a drag, and felt so impossible...but I stuck to it and just kept at it. One thing that helped me was to plan out my weight loss. I created a weekly chart, one column for the date, one column to record my weight, and on the side was what my weight would be for that week if I had lost the 2lbs a week that I'm scheduled for. It helped me visualize my weightloss because I could see it weekly, see where I was on my journey, and be able to stay on task. Do you have mini goal rewards set for yourself? I see your next mini goal is at 275 - what will you reward yourself with? And you only have 13lbs to go to get to that next goal!!

Arctic Mama
01-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Whether you have five pounds to lose or five hundred, it's all lost the same way - one pound at a time.

You can do it! Even if you lose MUCH slower (I have, for example, taken two years to lose fifty pounds, thanks to pregnancy and a less strict eating plan) it is still worlds better than it was, and my risk of regain is much lower.

Just focus on the next mini gol, and goal by goal you'll slide down the scale.

calluna
01-21-2011, 04:24 PM
Sometimes I think "One pound. One pound down puts me one pound closer to goal and one pound farther from where I started. One pound - I can do that --".

Like some others, I prefer to keep the small picture firmly in front of my nose so I don't feel overwhelmed.

goal4agirl
01-21-2011, 09:58 PM
Just don't even look at that number! You only need to lose 5 pounds. That does not sound so hard, does it? Lose those 5 pounds and then look at the next 5. One step at a time!
Yes- this is how I like to look at it. I can't stand to look at the whole big picture it is just too overwhelming! And this is true for my weight loss goals as well as many other things going on in my life.
I understand bad days with bad thoughts too- tomorrow is a new day and you are doing really good with your weight loss
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy064.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

MadamButterfly
01-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Wow, such wonderful advice . . . my two cents:

A journey of 1000 miles begins with one step . . .

and you've already lost 22 POUNDS, did you know that is 88 sticks of BUTTER . . .

OMG, that's a lotta butter . . . if you lose 3 more pounds then it's 100 STICKS OF BUTTER, now that's AMAZING . . .

and
As long as you don't quit trying, then you won't fail!! (Something like that. I saw it in someone's signature . . . . sorry I can't remember the whole thing)

Ky30
01-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Try not think of it as 143 pounds to lose.Breaking it down helps me i've set mini goals, major goals, and 50 pound goals. Set goals for yourself it will make it seem so much easier. I remeber when I first got on here 4 months ago and saw my ticker and it said 150 pounds to loss ya its scary but now I only have 99 pounds to go :). Good luck on your journey YOU CAN DO IT.

Aclai4067
01-21-2011, 11:03 PM
We all have those days. I can tell you I had them a lot more frequently in the first 40 lbs. I think because I had lost that much before. I would kind of get in a "I'll believe it when I see it " mode about losing the weight for good this time. But these days, while I have my "I'm not even half-way there" days. Usually just looking at how far I've come, makes the journey ahead seem less daunting. Also, I've accepted the fact that this will take a REALLY long time. I just don't lose fast. I could lose faster, if I were stricter. But I like allowing myself to enjoy dinner and drinks with friends (possibly a little too often) and yes, that slows down my progress. But it feels more like a lifestyle for me this way.

Aclai4067
01-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Even ten pounds makes my face look less bloated, makes a difference in how I feel, how my clothes fit, etc. So even if I never lose the whole of it, EVERYTHING makes a difference.

I take a picture every 10 lbs, because I don't always notice it in the mirror. This really helps. I get excited when it's close to that 10 lb mark. And every once in a while you notice something fantastic... like collar bones! (I'm still waiting to see my jaw bone)

Eliana
01-22-2011, 08:28 AM
You don't have 143 pounds to lose. :no: According to your ticker, you have 13 pounds to lose to your next mini goal. :yes: That's the way you have to look at it. Celebrate the small stuff all the way down and you will get there!

ScarlettDrawl
01-22-2011, 09:14 AM
:hug:

twinmommaplusone
01-22-2011, 09:51 AM
This will be one the FIRST things you need to learn, that this process is about each meal or each day at a time! It's a journey and sometimes it feel's LONG- even for me....1.6 years in, I look back and think "wow, you would think it should have been quicker" but it's healthy to lose 1-2 pounds a week! It takes time and in that process you will create a new You inside and out.

CherryPie99
01-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Boy, do I hear you! Just this week someone said that I must be "incredibly proud" at the weight I have lost. Sometimes I am. But more then not, I think about how far I still have to go and I get mad at myself for letting myself having gotten so bad.

It's great that we have so many positive people here to keep my negativity at bay!

alyssarof2012
01-22-2011, 03:02 PM
I feel like that sometimes too... I have 158 - 168 (haven't decided yet, 'cause it depends on what I look like at 120) left to lose. Just keep a series of small goals in mind (like 5 or 10 lbs) instead of thinking of the total number of lbs you have to lose. That way you won't be overwhelmed. I know there are times it'll be inevitable to think about it, but those are also the times to go over your list of motivators and goals.

Good luck, remember why you're doing this!