WW At Home - URG.....fast food.....

View Full Version : URG.....fast food.....

ckatgo
01-21-2011, 08:22 AM
Well, my first week didn't go so well. I was home on days I didn't attend to be and my DH wanted to eat fast food. I went over points by a lot on 2 different days. I was wondering, what are some of your low points favorites from various fast food places?

( I need a better plan than shuffle through the book on the fly)

Thanks!

Rarr777
02-03-2011, 04:13 AM
It depends on where you go. I try to pick the least damaging items, as low point fast food is just plain hard to do. For instance, a burger place usually has a grilled chicken item. Any grilled chicken sandwich (minus the mayo) will do. Jack in the Box has grilled chicken strips that are super yummy, if you want to avoid a bunch of added carbs ( which of course equal more points). If you don't like chicken, get a burger from the Kid's menu.

If you do Taco Bell, try to get Fresco items. They don't have cheese and added fatty condiments (salsa instead). Pizza is more of a convenient food, than a "fast food," but I think it's worth mentioning. Thin crust cuts points, and avoiding most meats. Ham isn't so bad. I like a thin crust Hawaiian pizza myself (ham and pineapple mmm). But, limit yourself to a couple of pieces. Remember, you can have almost anything on WW in moderation! That's why WW rocks. Weekly points are my savior some weeks, haha. I don't always make the wise choices, and that's what they are for. I hope I helped!

josey
02-03-2011, 10:05 PM
What I do now is check the homepage and read the nutrition information. Just to get an idea. Then I really think hard about the toppings :-) I love bacon but cheese is not a must on a burger for me. So I drop the cheese (and lots of points!). I also skip the drink and have water. Share fries with my bf or only eat a few.

Oh and I find it important to plan around fast food. If I have a burger I reduce all the other meals in the day. That might not be 100% according to WWs rules but I am not going for a healthy day anyways with fast food on the menu.

One overall rule I put in place is that if I am not absolutely enjoying the meal (home cooked, restaurant or fast food) I don't eat it. I rather throw out the food than add the weight. I do that everywhere apart from when I am invited. (I don't want to be rude).

Robin
02-03-2011, 10:22 PM
For breakfast, Dunkin Donuts has egg whites and cheese on a wheat english muffin for 4 points! As far as the DH goes, if he is asking you to get fast food twice during your first week...this is going to be a big problem! Obviously you can make your own choices but changing your whole lifestyle isn't easy without the support.