Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 11:15 PM   #1  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Fabulous 40's ~ #132

Hey there everyone. Just thought I'd start a new thread since we're on page 7. I don't know about the rest of you but after that many pages, I get lost. Maybe that's where I've been lately.

Can't stick around but I'll be back tomorrow night. Have a great evening tonight and a great Wednesday tomorrow. Talk to you's guys then.

Me <><
Old 11-27-2002, 08:55 AM   #2  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Good morning!

The concert last night was wonderful, we had a great evening. I've decided to give their cd to all my friends this year for Christmas.

Due to the 2 inches of snow that was falling, what is normally a 40 minute drive ended up taking us 2 hours to reach downtown. We had anticipated that happening, so it was okay. And definitely worth it...Chicago is expecially spectacular when it's lit up for Christmas!

Ruth, I'm sure Zoe or Terri would be willing to give you the info about the gifs....they taught us how to do it...and rather than me mucking it up, I'll leave the instructions up to them!

Es, did you decide upon what to do for tomorrow's dinner? Hope everything works out.

Today is definitely being spent in the kitchen preparing for tomorrow. That's fine with me, I love the day before Thanksgiving. Our fireplace is in the kitchen, which makes it even cozier

have a great day,
~Jen
Old 11-27-2002, 01:14 PM   #3  

Hi gals,
Sorry that I haven't been posting lately. I'm at a particularly trying time in my therapy. I haven't been staying OP and have been pretty down lately. My mom's 80th Bday is in Jan and my brother is trying to arrange something. I can't go. I jsut don't have the strength to go through with it. I am making a quilt for her and I will send it down with Steve and Ellen when they go to Florida to check up on his Dad. I know I will feel guilty for not going, but on the other hand I will feel a lot worse if I do go. WHat do you gals think?

I don't know how I arragned it but I don't have to make anything for Thanksgiving. We are going to our Friend's house and he asked us to make the salad. I don't do salads, that is Steve's specialty, so I am off the hook. I may bake a loaf of bread in my bread baker though.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Turkey Day,
God Bless,

JanieD
Old 11-27-2002, 04:14 PM   #4  

Hi everyone!!!!

Ruth,
I made a folder with my gifs in MY Documents. Then when the message is completed I hit the browse button and my file comes up and I click on what I want and hit OK and it appears.
I love them.

Janie,
I am not sure of what to tell you. I have never been in this situation and I believe unless someone has walked in those shoes they can't judge that person. Just do whatever is best and make sure you don't have any guilt from your decision. Guilt can eat you alive. Good luck.

Jen,
Glad you had a great time. We are supposed to get flurries. we will see. never had snow this early in the year.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Old 11-27-2002, 08:21 PM   #5  

Talking

Hi Girls

The dilemma is solved My sister decided to make another turkey breast. Pete thinks what we're making would have been enough.

Jen, I haven't been to a concert since Marc Anthony's but it was outdoors & I didn't like the seating.(nosebleed) I did go to one indoors at Madison Square Garden a few yrs. back & that was nice. A fireplace in the kitchen, so cool!!

Ruth, I did the gif's like Terri did. Zoe walked me thru it.

Janie, you do what's in your heart. Don't do it to please anyone. I useto do that all the time & would have regrets afterward.

We got some snow. It looked so pretty this morning. It melted already.

I am so tired I'll be back Friday.

Happy Thanksgiving
Old 11-27-2002, 11:31 PM   #6  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Wow.....our attachments are back!! YIPPIE!!!!

Have a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving!!!
Old 11-29-2002, 08:18 AM   #7  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Good morning everyone,

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. We are all blessed with wonderful families and good health, what alot we have!

Of course, today I'm pooped. So much cooking, but it's worth it cause leftovers mean no cooking this weekend

I'm hoping to get the tree up and the house decorated this weekend. It always seems to be such a big project, in spite of the fact that I've weeded out some decorations and passed them on to the kids.

Janie,
Terri and Es have said it....do what YOU feel best. I'm praying for you.

later,
~Jen
Old 11-29-2002, 03:23 PM   #8  

Happy Friday

Thanksgiving was nice. My sister always aggravates me a little but I realized it's better to have her around even though she gets on my nerves, than not having her around. My BIL behaved. We didn't have booze so he was quite sober. Around 7:00 we went to my other BIL's new apt. & had dessert. My other sister was there with all the kids. We were home by 9:00. We are truly blessed to have our families.

Jen, I was thinking about decorations. I don't have storage space so every year I buy new ones. I went out for a little while to pick up milk & eggs & decided to stay home after I saw how crowded the stores were. My SIL was out at 4:30 AM to get the early bird specials. She's done! Lucky her.

My family decided to do a grab bag this year. $50 gift plus the small kids. I usually don't care for the grab bag cause I feel bad I can't get the others but they all agreed on it so I didn't have a choice.

This the first time in 2 days I can spend time online so let me go browse around.

Have a great evening my friends.

Love,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 11-29-2002 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-29-2002, 08:01 PM   #9  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hello friends

I hope that your Thanksgiving was joyous and happy. Yes Jen, you said it.....we all have so much to be thankful for. I am truly, truly blessed.

Tomorrow is weigh in and with Thanksgiving, I am really praying for some sort of a loss although I really didn't do all too terribly. I think my main problem is too much salt this week. I don't even use salt on a normal day but with all these foods that were specially prepared, I think there was alot of it. We'll see tomorrow.

I'm in a rush so I can't address each of you but I'll be back tomorrow afternoon and let you's all know how it went. Have a wonderful Friday evening.
Old 11-29-2002, 10:22 PM   #10  

Hi girls, sounds as if everyone had a good thanksgiving. Maurice and I had a pleasant dinner at home. I bought a pre-stuffed chicken and baked it, made green bean casserole and opened a can of cajun veg-all. First time I've cooked anything in years. Usually we go to my mothers, my aunts, or my mother-in-laws for dinner.

I took my grandson to my mother's for the weekend. Nicholas loves to stay with her. She gets down on the floor and plays Super Nintendo with him. (She got the old one when he got the Nintendo 64) She also cooks for him. Yes, I feed him, but I don't cook like my mother. She bakes biscuits and cornbread, makes banana pudding, things I don't do. LOL I also visited with my dad for a little while. My parents are divorced, so I always have to divide my time between them.

Did you see 48 Investigates tonight? The new exercise in California is learning to pole dance. As in exotic dancing. The women swore that it kept them fit and lean!!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Ruth
Old 11-30-2002, 07:12 AM   #11  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
Your SIL is very brave to do the day-after-Thanksgiving-shopping trip! Last year was the first and last time I'll ever do that
Glad you had a good turkey day.
We're back to doing a grab bag again this year, and I'm relieved. While my entire family doesn't get together on Christmas, there are 13 adults and 7 kids who have done so every year for the last 10 years or so....it got to be very stressful and expensive to purchase for all the adults. We have the grab bag only for those over 18....we all still buy for the kids
That's one of the main reasons I'm almost finished with my shopping, a dozen less gifts to purchase

Ruth,
I don't know about that pole dancing...it's never looked very comfortable!
It's nice that you got to spend time with both of your parents. Sounds like your Mom is a good cook.

Zoe,
This is the hardest time of year to get on the scale, isn't it? I think it's great that you've committed to this and are sticking with it!

Joe and I spent a really lazy day yesterday. Went out to lunch and did a bit of shopping, but no malls. Just Barnes & Noble and Trader Joe's. The plans I had for decorating got tossed out the window, but there's always today and tomorrow. We needed a quiet day together.

HI Terri, Dianne, Janie, Sandy

~Jen
Old 11-30-2002, 07:57 AM   #12  

Angry

GoodMorning

I got on the scale & I'm up 2 lbs. since Wed. I hope it's water!!! I feel puffy. I have to get back to exercising.

Ruth, does your grandson live with you? I remember when David was small my mom useto cook all kinds of homemade food. He was very picky & still is. David was her pride & joy.I don't know about pole dancing. I'll stick to kickboxing. I prefer chicken over turkey any day. I only make it cause it's a tradition.

Jen, I had a Christmas list & had figured out how much I would be spending. I revised it with just kids & my grab-bag & it's half of what I would have spent. That's not including David & Pete. I may be getting David a computer. I'm not sure yet. Quiet lazy days are my kind of days. We need that once in a while.

Zoe, hope weigh-in went okay.
I'm going to eat very light today. I'll stay within my minimum pts.

Hi Terri, Dianne & Sandy.

Have a nice day everybody.

Hugs,
Es
Old 12-01-2002, 03:14 AM   #13  

Hi All!

Bruce did the fried turkey thing. It was excellent but it came with a little anxiety. On the box warning was the word explosion. Never thought I would have to worry about my husband dying while making a Turkey. At one point the propane base caught fire and Bruce knew what to do but I stuck my head out of the door and screamed fire and the kids starting running. There we were running from our Turkey. It only took 1 hour and man it was good. Bruce said the Propane gas grills have the same warning. I didn't know that so now I will probably have anxiety attacks when we make hamburgers now.

We will put up the Christmas Stuff tomorrow. I hate the doing but love the results. I can't wait until I see what Tanner does this year. He tried to sneak ribbons last year. Everything in our house are up high. On the fridge the magnets are only on upper half, pictures on the wall too. Our ornaments will probably be the same way. He just turned 2 but you certainly know by how ornery he is.

My sister did the 6:00 A.M. Walmart thing a few yrs, ago for me. She took reinforcements. Her SIL and niece. They were getting me 3 Bubbas. They were advertised as having a limited supply.
They each grabbed one after running in. My sister and her SIL had to go to the restroom and they handed the Bubbas to Nicole and she was standing there with 3 Bubbas and man did she get the looks. One lady offered her double the price and she said "Man, it was tempting with being in college and all." My sister said "The money would have been useless because I would have had to kill you."

I hope everyone loses their water they accumulated over the past few days. I sure hope I do. I am not weighing until next week.
Old 12-01-2002, 01:51 PM   #14  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hello my friends

Just a quick note to let y'all know that I'm still here. I've been so busy with my Christmas decorating and shopping that I just haven't even thought about getting online.

Yesterday was my weigh in and I lost 1 lb. I guess that's good with Thanksgiving week and all but I really stayed within my points so I was surprised it was so low. Haha..... I guess I am being greedy now, huh?

Have a wonderfully blessed Sunday. Talk to you's guys later.
Old 12-01-2002, 04:28 PM   #15  

Thumbs down

Hi Buddies

Zoe, you are on a roll Girlfriend! Your stats look great!

Terri, your post had me laughing so hard. Between everybody running & the anxiety attacks. So funny.

I made an attempt to do some shopping but when I walked in Kmart & saw the lines I changed my mind. I'm going to do it the next couple of Fridays during the day when everybody is working & in school. I can't take the crowds.

Just stopped by to say hi.

Have a nice evening everybody

Love,
Es
Closed Thread