Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 08:44 PM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Wednesay -- Last day of the workweek (in the US)!!!

Hello virtual Friday! I'm actually writing this Tuesday night, and by the time you read it, I will be on our plane, if all goes well. I just wanted to report on my weigh in, since I am accountable to y'all. I lost another pound tonight, for a total of 3.2 in 3 weeks. Right on schedule. A pound of week seems to have always been my magic rate of loss (although scarily enough, when I goo off plan, I gain on average two a week!!), so it looks like my body is accepting this new yet familiar routine.

I just want to say out loud to you guys that on Thanksgiving, I plan on having one bite of everything. I will then go back and select the two or three items that I really want and can afford the points for. That was a strategy that my leader suggested, and I think she is right. I found out tonight that we're lettting Honeybaked Ham do the holiday, so no work and no worries. I'm going to have to see if Dotti has point info on that. She is such a lifesaver with that info. Anyway, my leader also said that it is tremendously helpful to announce your plan in advance to others to help it become firmly engraved in your head, and also try to make sure that someone who will be with you on Thanksgiving hears you say it, so that you will feel some accountability there. So I will also enlighten Drew with this edifying information.

Anyway, have a great holiday, and I'll check in with you ladies on Monday morning. Remember, it's all about planning and strategy -- that's what war and weight-loss have in common!!!
Old 11-27-2002, 05:39 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Hi All,

Actually I'll be in the US this weekend My best childhood friend is getting married to a guy from Boston so I'll be in that general area for their wedding... Apparently her hubby to be is being really sweet to her, taking care of her (she's pg) and being a complete doll.

Anyhoo, well with grad school boy we have decided on nothing yet... Again I have been jaded when it comes to men, but I figured this guy has been trying to persue me for like 3 months... It's kind of cool actually... going the friends route and all... I just don't want to end up just apartment dating (we generally always hang at his place), I want to start like going places and stuff (we have, but not much at all).

But what was funny, I had a fling with a guy this summer and every now and then calls me up... I hadn't spoken to him since he called in September and he called last night... men are funny and like almost EVERY guy I have dated said he'll take me to a Hockey game (still haven't gone to one ever).

Jayne: have a fabbo trip!

Deb: dating is fun! though it can get draining. A friend of mine commented to me yesterday that she wouldn't be able to go through some of the BS I have gone through and still be optimistic!!! Basically I just figure I am catching up... Due to a lack of self-confidence I didn't really start dating until I was 23 (but now my confidence is high).

smilies are fun

take care!

Ali
Old 11-27-2002, 08:17 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Where have I been?!?!

Sorry I didn't get around to posting yesterday. Work has been crazy! And I have to come in Friday cause I work for the government and they only give you the HOLIDAY off. Same with Christmas. I have to use leave (vacation) for Christmas Eve and the two days afterwards that I want to take off.

Ok, so I have been doing pretty well lately I think with eating...no problems there.

I have been working a lot of overtime in the past 3 days, which is wicked bad cause I keep thinking I'm not going to want to drive 2 hours back home tomorrow because I'll be too tired.

I just noticed I wrote "wicked" bad...can't tell I grew up near Boston or anything like that

Ali - I think you will LOVE Boston. I'm about 1.5 hours away. It is a cool city! If you get a chance, check out the North End. It's the Italian section of the city and its right next to Haymarket (where all the fish and stuff is sold in the streets but Haymarket smells ... yuck! I hate the smell of fish! ). Anyway, the North End is cool, really good restaurants. And Fanuel Hall (or Quincy Market, call it what you will) is really cool as well...there's some shopping there. But thats if you have some free time.

Geez, I really miss the city. I thought when I moved out I would move CLOSER to the city, not further away like I did. I'm as close to Providence now as I was to Boston before, but Providence is nothing like Boston. And the P-Bruins are certianly nothing like the Boston Bruins. BTW, who was the Flames fan?? Did you happen to catch last night's game? mwahahhahaha (for those of you who don't know, Bruins won over the Flames 7 to 2!)

Ali - almost forgot. I hear you on the dating thing. After about a year with DF, I didn't mind staying in all the time because we jsut got comfortable doing that. Since we moved to RI (from MA) we stay in a LOT because we are syupporting ourselves for hte frist time, don't have a lot of money, and are far from Boston now so not as much to do anyways. The right guy will come along and you probably won't even know it. If you don't, maybe you should take the initiative in talking to guys? I met DF because I told him I liked his tattoos while at a punk show. Our friend (turns out he was friends with both of us) saw us talking and ended up hooking us up by saying "oh you know he lives one town over from you and he's really cool, you should give him a call". But it wouldn't have happened if I hadn't said something! (BTW the show was in Boston and we both lived 1/2 hour outside the city so it was odd to find someone else that far out who went to shows and stuff, that's why we called eachother and ended up getitng together)

So now for Thanksgiving...going over FIL and MIL's for dinner, then to my parents' house for dessert. I'm bringing my own pie (the WW key lime pie) so I can have more than one slice. Dinner shouldn't be a problem since MIL and FIL are on WW as well.

So here's a question. I usually weigh in on Thursday nights. Obviously can't do that tomorrow. So do I weigh in tonight before the big day or Saturday afterwards?? I can't decide. Comments please!

Ok thats it for me. I know this was long, sorry! I read the thread for yesterday but didn't have time to post...

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. I'll be here at work on Friday and posting for all those Canadiens on the list

I just think this cow is cute
Old 11-27-2002, 08:44 AM   #4  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Lori - I agree with you - Ali get to Quincy Market! It was so much fun! And "Little Italy" as I kept calling it. It really is little.
A bunch of us - college friends - took a trip up there to see The Blue Men. I've seen it in NY, but we had so much fun in Boston!

Folks, we have snow here in NY! Woo-hoo! We didn't get much last year, but this year I think we're going to get a good dose of it.
Jeremy, being 5, was SOOOOO excited this AM! 7 AM all I heard with arms wide open was "IT SNOWED!!! IT MUST BE CHRISTMAS!". Mind you there is less than 1 inch on the ground.
He immedieately wanted to get dressed and go outside.

Ali - I too lacked the self confidence to date. I still don't have it on my priority list right now either. It'll come in due time I'm sure. I guess it wouldn't be right to start dating while I still live w/ Jefffrey! I think he's convinced that I have a boyfriend on the side anyway. Men. Der.

Well, I'll check back later. I have to get us going. I'm sure LI will be paralyzed w/ fear because of the 1 inch of snow and traffic is going to S-U-C-K.
Old 11-27-2002, 08:46 AM   #5  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

PS - Lori - I say weigh in on Saturday if you can find a PM meeting.
If not weigh in if you can find a PM meeting today. I would try to keep the time of the meeting the same as your usual.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:53 AM   #6  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey Girls! I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday. I had a busy work day. Today will be the same but I wanted to say Hi to everyone and wish them a lovely holiday. I am going to 2 houses for dinner. I have to meet DF's aunt's and uncles. It is so ridiculous b/c one of my biggest worries is that they will think I am fat. Uh I hate the way I think. His family adores me and is always gushing about my curly hair an how I will be such a beautiful bride, yada yada however I still manage to have low self esteem when I meet the new family members. So dumb. Oh well so that is tomorrow. Another weight issue is we are having our engagement pics in 3 wks and I am still so much heavier than I want to be. I am a bit stressed out about that. Ok just had to share some of my neurotic thinking with you guys. No one else really gets it so thanks for listening.

On a "lighter" note I have lost appx 4.5 pds in the past 4 wks. I need to get control back of my eating thought b/c TOM made me eat a lot over the wknd and so far this wk I have been a bit of a chocoholic. So today is a new day!

Ali- Glad that things are going well. It is so funny how guys come out of the wood work all at the same time. You will find that that happens often. I think they have some sort of radar

Uhh client's coming gotta go! BBL
Old 11-27-2002, 11:38 AM   #7  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

4.5 lbs# AWESOME!
Here's the little marshmallow dancing guy to help you burn off some more calories!
Old 11-27-2002, 12:59 PM   #8  
Canadian Chick

Hey girls,

I don't have a lot of time to chat. I'm off to work soon & I still have to make lunch. Quick question -Does anyone have a recipe for Fat Free Refried Beans and a recipe for Low Fat/Fat Free Tortillas? I can't find them anywhere in the stores here & I really love that stuff.

Yesterday I managed to stay in my points thank goodness. Going home for those few days really threw me off track. Plus it is once again PMS time so things are always tough.

Lori, I'm the Flames fan & I was so disgusted with my team I couldn't bear to watch more than the first period. Argh! We need to make some changes-NOW!

Jayne, Hope you're having a fabo time in Florida! Congrats on your loss!

Deb, All of our snow is melted & everything is grey & dingy. I'm jealous! Enjoy!

Becky, Woohoo on your loss! You keep it up girl! Have fun with the inlaws & family!

Ali, Keep us posted on your GB situ. Have fun at the wedding

Anyhoo gotta run-hopefully I'll be back later. All you Americans have a great holiday. I for one will be here tomorrow so I hope my fellow Canadians & our friends across the pond will be around.
Old 11-27-2002, 02:23 PM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all... Thought I had posted but guess I didn't. I have had a horrendous morning and was in tears. Yes I am emotional!!! But I guess I will just do what I have to and go on!!!

Jayne, did I miss the plane???? Dern!!!!!!

Deb, I am so jealous of your snow. We got 8 inches in Oct. then it melted and we haven't had anything since. It is very dry here!!

Rina, I will look for the refried bean recipe. However, I think you need a tortilla press to make tortillas. Never tried since I don't have one.

Congrats to all the LOSERS! I envy you as I am gaining!!!
Old 11-27-2002, 02:29 PM   #10  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Ohhh Jen! What's the matter??? Is work stressing you out? Only a few more hours, and you're out of there! Don't make me have to come there and beat people up!
Don't be jealous of our 1 inch. It's sunny now and almost gone. I wonder if the roads will freeze tonight?? Hmmm ...
We're supposed to get more this weekend some time.

Hey Rina! I'll try to be around tomorrow. Maybe early or late in the day. I'm going to need some reinforcement.

I made some pumpkin bars (a recipe my sister sent to me - she must have gotten it off of the DWLZ message board) and it turned out just like pumpkin pie, but square. Tonight I am going to make the crustless pie recipe, a crustless quiche, and a "normal" quiche.

I should be doing school work ... maybe I'll start @ 3 PM. I'm so lax in doing it. Yet, so much is due!!!
Old 11-27-2002, 02:39 PM   #11  
Proud Canadian

Default Better Today!

I'm in a much better mood today. I have my car back and I actually got some sleep last night (although it's TOM and all I want is antipasto - anyone have any idea of points - no oil in the brand I'm looking at) I have a lot of work to do for a change but of course our computer system is down so I can't do any of it. Oh well, what do I do? I visit!

Ali - Since going to my first hocky game ever, I am addicted and higly rccommend it (of course our boys are doing very well right now, I'm sure when they start losing again i'll jump off the bandwagon) I have never really dated. I think you're doing great - go for what you want, and enjoy it.

Jayne - You'll be far away but I hope you're enjoying your holiday anyway.

Lori - I say WI tonight - that way, no after Turkey gain and you have a better idea of your real weight loss. I think I'm going to make that pie soon, You're making me crave it.

Deb - did you get Aaron out before the snow melted? It's hot and sunny here but it drops down below freezing overnight. I can't wait for snow.

Becky - You're doing great with your losses - way to go! You know the family will love you. Have fun.

Rina - I have no recipie for you. I buy the canned beans and low fat Tortillas. Simple and easy. I keep forgetting that I want to make low point breakfast burritos - thanks for the indirect reminder.

OK, I'm off to figure out why this stupid system won't let me log on. I'll check back if anyone's around later.
KT
Old 11-27-2002, 02:40 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Jen - Hope your day is better!
Deb - post the recipie - I'm a pumpkin freak!
KT
Old 11-27-2002, 02:45 PM   #13  
Eve's Mom

Default Howdy girls

Good afternoon...how is everyone? I am feeling better today, but b/f woke up with a sore throat! I guess I passed it along. I feel sort of bad, but hey, he inisisted on kissing me !

Jayne! Yay on your pound down!! I didn't go to WI as I had a course in the am and worked right through the day for the past 2 days. I was going to go today, but again, no time. Guess I'll go next week and call it a missed week. I think it'll be good news though cuz my clothes feel a lot looser....! Even through my illness the past couple days I've been counting and did pretty good...knock on wood.

Ali - glad to hear you are having fun with grad school boy. I agree, its nice to go out and have fun. B/f and I stil do that alot - skating, plays movies We are going to see A Christmas CArol on Sunday. Should be fun Keep us updated on your progress.

Lori and other americans - why is thanksgiving on a thursday this year? Don't you usually have a Monday so its a long weekend? That sucks that you have to work L!

Deb, awww...aren't they fun at that age?? Do you videotape him? I feel bad b/c my sister didn't tape much of my first neice and only a bit of my new neice...if/when I havea family I'll tape as many special moments as I can. ie; for my neice Julie's b-day this year, I got her a Belle doll from Disney - she opened it and started to sing "Tale as old as time...etc" it was so priceless!! She is 4.

Becky - woo hoo on the 4.5 down! You go girl! Remember that we are our worst critics. yes, easier said than done, but its so true....

Rina - glad you are back on track after the family visit. Yup, they are ****. But you survived!! Don't let the PMS Chocolate Monster get you!!

Jen - sorry you are having such a bad day...and remember, you are gaining with a purpose!!

OK well, I should get back to work so I can go home at a decent hour to take care of b/f.
Old 11-27-2002, 02:47 PM   #14  
Eve's Mom

Hi KT - I missed your post writing my novel. Glad your mood is improved and the car is home. I get super moody if anything EVER goes wrong with my car. I don't know what it is. Same with my dogs. I get upset. Especially last time I got a $900 bill and he didn't have that much done!! He only needed one tooth removed!

But what can you do - they are like my babies

Belle
Old 11-27-2002, 03:06 PM   #15  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default Pumpkin Bars

I will post this on the recipe thread too!

Pumpkin Bars
Makes 16 bars

1 cup lowfat graham cracker crumbs
2 tbsp. light butter, melted
4 egg whites
15 oz. can solid pumpkin
14 oz. can fat-free sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp. powdered sugar
1.5 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 cup fat-free whipped topping (optional)
Nonstick cooking spray

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray an 8x8-inch cake pan or baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter and mix well. The crumbs should almost stick together. Pour into prepared baking dish. Using waxed paper, press crumbs to evenly cover bottom of dish. Set dish aside.

In a large bowl, lightly beat egg whites. Add pumpkin and condensed milk, and mix well. Add remaining ingredients except whipped topping, mixing until well combined. Pour mixture over crust and bake 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F and bake an additional 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool, then slice into bars. Serve with fat-free whipped topping, if desired.

NOTE: * I couldn't find FF condensed milk, so I uses the regular kind
I also used a 13x9 size baking dish - the cooking time worked out perfectly for it!
This recipe doesn't specify the # of servings for the total recipe

Per bar (with whipped topping): 121 calories, 2g fat, 1g fiber, 3g protein, 22g carbohydrates
Points: 2 if you count whole points, 2.5 if you count half points

Last edited by The Little D; 11-27-2002 at 03:10 PM.
Closed Thread