Weight Loss Support - xmas weight challenge

View Full Version : xmas weight challenge

andreaphilip3
11-26-2002, 03:07 PM
anyone want in?

tryin2loze
11-26-2002, 08:21 PM
WHAT IS IT??? I think I am up to almost any challenge right now.

andreaphilip3
11-26-2002, 09:35 PM
hey tryin,

its just a motivational support group thing to help keep you focused.:-)

tryin2loze
11-27-2002, 07:12 AM
So what is the goal for x-mas?? I would really like to focus on a specific goal.I just am starting over AGAIN,on w.w. and find it really motivating to challenge myself with realistic goals.It is so much more fun when you find a buddy to do it with. Anyway,I am open to any suggestion.

RubyBlue
11-27-2002, 11:11 AM
You know I'm in for this one! :D Trying2loze you can set the goals for yourself, how much weight to lose, how much to exercise, or whatever you chose and so on. Then you just tell how you're doing. I'm looking forward to it!

andreaphilip3
11-27-2002, 12:01 PM
cool ruby!!!

tryin, good luck on ww! i see ruby answered your question. well said ruby:-)

gigglez
11-29-2002, 11:27 PM
Hey there ladies. Didn't do to good for they turkey day challenge so I am goin to give it heck before Christmas. I am almost off of all the pills that my doc had me on so I am goin to go for at least 10 lb. How about everyone else's goals? Rusty rusty gave me a great idea for a treat that is not too harmful for us. So I think that I just might make some of them a freeze for when the sweet cravings hit. All it is, is ff cool whip betweem low fat graham crackers and freeze. Sounds simple enough.

Here's to a BLESSED DAY to each and everyone of you all,
sandy

andreaphilip3
11-29-2002, 11:44 PM
hey sandy wassup?

how was yr day? i did really well yesterday with my food& did great today til i had carvel.(its moms bday) oh well, at least i only ate like 800 cals b/f the carvel& i lifted weights a bit& drank my water. tomorrow im takin mom 2 dinner for her bday so tomorrow wont be perfect either, but im doin my best.

wassup ruby?

gigglez
11-30-2002, 01:24 PM
I hear ya about those bday's. I have been doin so so it is getting close to that tom so the chocolate :devil: is learking about. Maybe one of these days someone will figure out how to rid us of that :devil: . Keep up the good work with the weights there girl. Ruby how is it goin with you? Here's to a great week ahead of us.

andreaphilip3
11-30-2002, 02:00 PM
thanks sandy, i need the support! im takin her to dinner tonight for herbday& she wants friendlys. translation? ANOTHER icecream sundae! yikes!!!! heres the thing: its not a trip to friendlys w/o a reeses sundae:)

i tell ya god bless fat& carb blockers!!!!!

luckily, i lifted weights today, am goin swimmin, have had my water& am on a liquid diet until dinner. ill let ya know how i make out:)

wassup ruby?

btw guys- tomorrow starts the new challenge:D ready!?

andreaphilip3
11-30-2002, 02:01 PM
oops!

sandy i hear ya on the tom thing too! good luck!!!!!!

gigglez
12-01-2002, 01:32 AM
I hear ya girl about today being the first and the start of the new challenge, This time I am not goin to let the food:devil: win. No matter what that lupron shot and the pain meds try to do to me I am goin to try to vanish them. Andera thanks for the support it has came at a great time. These shots that I am on has my whole system messed up and my body is telling me tom but it hasn't came just yet, the good thing is that the chocolate cravings are almost gone so I have to take that as a good sign. Good luck tomorrow and let me know how it is goin. Ruby how is it goin there girl.

Here's to a BLESSED DAY to you all,
Sandy

andreaphilip3
12-01-2002, 01:44 AM
anytime sandy! thank YOU!

you guys are awesome support! well, i havent eaten pudding in 2 days! (thats bad, believe me!) tomorrow i start over! i think i broke my cal. bank today 4 sure! wassup ruby?

we can do this guys!! sooooo many events 4 me. yikes!! next one is sat(baby shower) then TN, then xmas, then grampys bday. then im home free!!

RubyBlue
12-01-2002, 03:34 AM
Hey Ladies,

Glad to be back here after the holiday. I did pretty well. Got my exercise in (some how) and did not stuff myself at Thanksgiving. I am sooo ready for the Xmas challenge! The weekend was a little off balance because I couldn't keep my food journal up to date, but that's ok a couple days can't hurt. I'll post my final Nov results tomorrow & see how well I've done. How about you guys?
OK Sandy and Andrea(& anyone else out there) let's make December awesome! For now tho I need to get to bed-so tired. I'll check in on the new thread tomorrow! Take Care!:)

andreaphilip3
12-01-2002, 11:53 AM
wtg ruby!!!!

i had a rough weekend, but im gonna do better today too! ok, see ya on the challenge 1 thread:)

gigglez
12-01-2002, 11:05 PM
Glad to hear from ya Ruby. I think that i totally shot today out of the water. Ok the homemade cookies that someone brought to work wasnt on my plan at all but i guess that one or two wont hurt. Tomorrow will be better I know it will.

sandy

andreaphilip3
12-02-2002, 12:28 AM
sandy,

look at this way: be proud you only ate 1 or 2 vs. the the whole thing right? good job!

i did well today. ate about 1200 cals and got the h20 in and some exercise.

wassup ruby?

gigglez
12-02-2002, 10:18 PM
Hey there y'all. Christmas depression is setting in. HELP!!!!!!!! I think that I get so down this time of the year casue I feel so helpless about all that is goin on in the world around me. There are some many things that I would love to do to be able to help out many but in the end due to work schedule and other things that are beyond my control I just end up feeling helpless. Which in the end leads to depression. Ok time to cheer up one way or another. So how is everone doin?

andreaphilip3
12-03-2002, 12:08 AM
gig, cheer up!

RubyBlue
12-04-2002, 12:58 AM
Hey,
Just so ya know I've been posting replies over on "xmas challenge 1" instead of here. Are we doing both threads or just one? Guess it doesn't really matter. Just so everyone knows I'm responding...somewhere! :)

andreaphilip3
12-04-2002, 12:43 PM
wassup ruby? hows it goin? i thought we were only doin the chall. 1 thread, but it doesnt matter as long as you guys are subscribed to these threads, are you? i am. gimme a shout& lemme know how its goin ok? i did well yesterday. did my exercise& ate aboiut 1400 cals.

wassup sandy?

gigglez
12-04-2002, 09:05 PM
Good for you on the exercise and eating right. My eating is almost where it should be. I think that I have gotten those depression demons under control. Colored my hair this morning to cheer me up. I have worked so many hrs lately that my exercise has fallen by the wayside but i have made my vow to pick it back up in the moring. The crud that I had made work exhausting and my energy level is almost back there and I am ready to get jiggy with it.

andreaphilip3
12-05-2002, 10:26 PM
thanks sandy. you can do it! today was a close call, but i made it through. wassup ruby?

gigglez
12-06-2002, 12:37 PM
Hey there ladies. I think that I finally got a handle on the depression so maybe I will be able to make the scale budge. Glade that you made it throogh your close call, I am still strugglin but it is gettin better every day.

andreaphilip3
12-06-2002, 12:40 PM
thanks sandy. hang in there. im feelin very depressed today. im in a lotta pain, am very tired& not motivated to do anything.

wassup ruby?

gigglez
12-06-2002, 01:08 PM
:cp: :bravo: You made it thur. I have to make some sweets for people and I think that I ahve done pretty well only had 2 peices of what I have made. Today has been good so far gettin my water in. The exercise isn't on my list until this flair up with endo goes away. Keep on loosing. Hugs:grouphug:

RubyBlue
12-06-2002, 03:46 PM
Andrea you sound like you're having such a bad day. I really understand that. :grouphug: Give yourself some time to rest up & hang in there they always pass. And don't forget how well you've been doing lately! Stay positive, we're here for ya!:)

Sandy I'm glad to hear you made it through that rough time yourself. It's so hard not too fall into funk around the holidays.

I've been doing pretty good. Well actually I've been a little sloppy with my eating lately, meaning I've been sneaking a little of this and that here and there. Peppermint ice cream very well could be the end of me!:D It's fine tho, I can control this. I'm still exercising and drinking water like a fish.
Well take care.

andreaphilip3
12-06-2002, 08:17 PM
thanks ruby. im really upset. i binged. and the sad part is, is i was so medicated, i dont even remember it except i feel sick:( now i more depressed:(

RubyBlue
12-07-2002, 03:59 PM
Hang in there Andrea it's just one day. The most important thing is that you're able to move on from it. And you can! I hope today you can do just 1 positive thing for yourself to make you feel better. Afterall that's where it all starts- the small steps. :grouphug: Let me know how it's going today if ya get a chance. & Take Care

How are you doing Sandy?

gigglez
12-08-2002, 02:08 AM
Hey there all. :grouphug: I think that we all need this about now. Ruby thanks for asking I am making by being careful and doin baby steps. So how are you doin there girl? Andera, how's it goin for you? I have decided to take this challenge futher and see if I can loose 20 by Valentines day. That's mine and tool mans anv. I think that I can, who knows maybe I will get on a roll and loose more. Ruby I understand about the ice cream I love Baskin Robbins winter white chocolate and it is only out this time of year. But I know that you can do it I have faith in you.

Hugs to you all.:grouphug:

RubyBlue
12-08-2002, 02:24 PM
Thanks Sandy. I know you can make that Vday goal! Go for it!:)

I'm am a bit disappointed in myself lately, I haven't been trying hard enough with my food choices. I'm working to get out of this slump. I'm going to make today better. It seems like there is chocolate everywhere. But I did find something to substitute. Have any of you ever tried Meringue cookies? They taste great and they are extremely low in fat and calories. You can check it out at missmeringue.com I just found them in my grocery store. Just thought I'd share that with everyone.
Despite my food setbacks I am moving forward with exercise and water-so I can end this on a positive note. Take care you two :grouphug:

gigglez
12-09-2002, 07:38 AM
thanks for the cookies. I here ya about the chocolate. I aked the tool man to bring home some rasins and of course chocolate covered is what i got. I think that I am goin to try to get the exercise in, probalyy be in the form of house cleanig but I will get it in. Hugs to you all

andreaphilip3
12-10-2002, 01:43 PM
lol on the raisins! wewre they yummy? happy cleaning!

wassup ruby?

RubyBlue
12-10-2002, 03:11 PM
HaHa Chocolate everywhere! Those mini tootsie rolls are pretty satisfying too, they taste great. I had a friend who's father worked in their plant and just had endless supplies of it. Needless to say I like them....a lot. I must have a bad sweet tooth this week, babbling on about chocolate like I am. As long as I keep up with my exercise I enjoy a little something every now and then.

andreaphilip3
12-10-2002, 03:12 PM
Ruby,

is it pms maybe?

gigglez
12-10-2002, 08:55 PM
Ruby I am with you on the chocolate this week. Thank GOD for the ff/sf pudding

andreaphilip3
12-10-2002, 08:56 PM
AMEN! hehe:)

gigglez
12-10-2002, 09:33 PM
The choclate craving has been here to help.

andreaphilip3
12-10-2002, 10:01 PM
lol sandy. i just had a cup of sf cocoa wh 1c skim& ill have my puddin later& then im done.

RubyBlue
12-11-2002, 02:01 AM
:lol: Oh I wish it was PMS. I'm usually pretty good about having an excuse, I think I'm just hopelessly devoted to chocolate...for life.

andreaphilip3
12-11-2002, 10:33 AM
lololol.

gigglez
12-11-2002, 08:00 PM
me too. chocolate is one of the girls best friends

RubyBlue
12-12-2002, 03:20 PM
You gals make me laugh. Just looking at the last page of this thread it's very clear we all have some sort of chocolate/sugar problem:lol: Anyway, how's everyone been doing?

andreaphilip3
12-13-2002, 09:58 PM
lol ruby, i know i do!

gigglez
12-13-2002, 11:58 PM
Did someone say chocolate? I think that we are all addicts. Hey is there a Chocolate eaters annoy.? Maybe that is what we need to start. Anyway today has been pretty and let me tell yall I am proud of myself. Well I guess that I should go and put the cloths into the cloths eater.

Hugs,
sandy

RubyBlue
12-17-2002, 04:54 PM
lol I'm all for C.A.! How's it going Sandy?

gigglez
12-17-2002, 11:06 PM
Ruby this has been a bad week I think that food is on a first name bases here. Make it stop. I have alreasy started gettin myself ready for tomorrows challenge. Hows it goin with you Ruby

gigglez
12-19-2002, 01:00 AM
Hey there girls how goes it today? I was reading up on a shot that I just through taking(3 shots total) and I was shocked to learn what I have. I have been taking Lupron for my endo., and was searching thru a drug book that a nurse that I knwo has and come to fine out that this med is regulated thru the body by many of the glands in the body and I can't remember the name of the main one(another sideffect) but what it all boils down to is if they are nto working right the med wont work right in you body and as we all know that when certain body parts don't work right we are not able to loose as well as we want to. So now I am thinking about tell my ob to replumb me. Maybe this will help and in the end I will be able to move on and loose weight better than I have been able to. Ok I guess now that I have went on and on I should really ask how has everyone's weel been so far. Iffy here at best. What about you Ruby and Andera.

Merry Christmas,
sandy

p.s. Glad that you had a great trip Andera

andreaphilip3
12-19-2002, 05:07 PM
great sandy! yea im havin cravings esp with AF here& after havin 3 sl. pie on vacation.& now i cant make puddin, i got no milk:( i have diet cocoa tho, ill have that.

wassup ruby?

gigglez
12-20-2002, 12:31 AM
Andera I have the milk but no pudding so I guess that if we are to have pudding we will have to loin forces. So how is everyone doing on getting ready for Christmas? Just thought that I would ask.

RubyBlue
12-20-2002, 03:27 AM
Hey
Sorry I haven't been able to stop in here more lately. The Christmas crunch time is on. I'm dizzy busy. My sisters are in town so I'm enjoying some time with them. But I'm staying on plan pretty well, so things are going smoothly.
Sandy, sorry you had such a bummer week. Hopefully that med change will work out for you. How are things going now?

You two both have some pudding tomorrow and enjoy your friday!I'm hoping for a white christmas here, we've had thunderstorms lately, bizarre!

Take Care:spin:

andreaphilip3
12-21-2002, 12:02 AM
hey guys,

enjoy yr company!:) ive been busy too, but DONE with shoppin!:D i did well today& yes im ready 4 my puddin:)

gigglez
12-21-2002, 01:48 PM
Glad that your shopping is done. I have to cook a big meal tomorrow. I just hope that I don't go overboard.

andreaphilip3
12-21-2002, 01:56 PM
dont worry sandy,

look at it this way.... start with good inrentions of maintaing good control& if if it doesnt work out that way, then just forgive thyself ya know? good luck! btw- the joke about me have puddin& ruby havin milk was LMAO funny. its just when i wrote last night i was a bit"druged" from the dr.

wassup ruby? havin a good day so far. im eatin light b/c i think we are goin to the local buffet in which case, im dead b/c i usually go overboard with the sesame chicken yummy!:D

gigglez
12-22-2002, 11:43 AM
I am in the middle of cooking right now. So far so good. I had some fruit and yogurt for breakfast. I hope that I can keep it up. I am goin to keep myself busy while everything is cooking and maybe I wont want anything to eat. Here's to strength I need it now. How's it goin with you all right now? Hope that all is well and Santa is goin to be good to you all.

andreaphilip3
12-22-2002, 06:43 PM
hey sandy!

be strong!!!! fruit and yogurt is a good start! i bet yr house smells yummy huh?

im doing well. i had 4 egg whites for breakfast, 12 oz tuna with 2 servings fat, 2 celery stalks, mustard&2 oz low fat cheese for lunch,& snacked on a protein shake with 1 tb. peanut butter& have no idea whats for dinner, but i will have my pudding later.

wassup ruby?

gigglez
12-22-2002, 09:54 PM
Done rather well today. I ate a sensible dinner, even though I cooked enough for an army. I let myself have a little treat I had a small slice of peanutbutter pie. Yummy. You are right it did smell so yummy here today and it made it ahrd but I was strong enough

andreaphilip3
12-22-2002, 10:41 PM
yay sandy!!!!!

peanut butter pie? youre killin me!!!!! yummy!!!! i just had a turkey sandwich for dinner. nothin special.

gigglez
12-23-2002, 06:25 PM
Hi Andera, Hi Ruby:wave: . How are you all doing today? So far so good here. Here's to you all :gift: :gift: . I hope that each of you gets what you have been wanting from Santa. I receive my gift each and every day just seeing the wonderment in my sons face, that is more thn anyone could ever give.

Merry Christmas

P.S. I am hoping that santa comes here and steal about 20lb and gives it to some skinny minn, now that would be a true gift.

andreaphilip3
12-23-2002, 07:51 PM
lolol sandy! merry xmas to both of you. the only thing i want is to be pain free.

gigglez
12-24-2002, 02:23 AM
Please tell me how that is achieved and then let me know. I am up once again with my endo hurting and one of these days I swear I will get some rest. But you know that would be a nice gift for santa to bring us.

RubyBlue
12-24-2002, 03:39 AM
Merry Christmas to the both of you! I hope you have a wonderful holiday and find time to relax. When things slow down around here I'll jump on and let you know how I'm doing. But in short, there's been some baked xmas goods out to sabotage me! I'd better stop & leave some for santa. But I'm hanging in and still exercising. Take Care!

Peace and Happiness :angel:

gigglez
12-24-2002, 04:23 AM
I hear ya about the goddies for santa. I am havin a hard time with that myself.

andreaphilip3
12-24-2002, 12:31 PM
hey guys!!!!!!!!

MERRY xmas!!!!!!!

ditto for me. i THOUGHT i was doing well until i hopped on the scale this morning to find myself up 3/4 p!!! tomorrow is gonna tip that scale i already see it happening. this is sooo frustrating!

188.1/170.6

gigglez
12-25-2002, 01:07 AM
Now we all know that there are times when that :devil: scale goes up. Maybe it is gettin close to your TOM, I hate when that happens there goes at least 5 lb auto. I think that the new year will bring us much succes in this. Hope that Santa was good and got each of you just what you wanted.

andreaphilip3
12-26-2002, 05:56 PM
hey sandy!!!!!!

merry xmas!!!!!! was santa good? he was here:) TOM already went, but bad news i know i gained a few yesterday b/c i blew it. i started eatin&couldnt stop. it was horrible. im doin well today tho.

hey ruby!!

gigglez
12-27-2002, 01:37 PM
Hey there. I guess that you could say that Santa was good to me. Corey had a good Christmas and that is all that matters. I hear ya about not being able to stop once you start eating. I have finally figured that if it wasn't for stress I wouldn't eat as much oh well. I gotta learn to live with it. Yesterday was awful but today is a little better so far.

gigglez
12-27-2002, 01:48 PM
Got a mew Challenge posted. It's slim and sexy valentines day. come on over

andreaphilip3
12-27-2002, 10:53 PM
hey sandy!

i ended up blowin yesterday& today didnt work out *** planned. mom came home with chinese. ughg!

gigglez
12-27-2002, 11:16 PM
I hate it when they do it to us. They just don't think about how we feel about it.

andreaphilip3
12-27-2002, 11:17 PM
dont get me wrong, it was yummy but, i planned for a good day ya know?

gigglez
12-28-2002, 01:39 PM
know what you are talkinga bout all too well. I went over to my moms today and she sent home so much stuff. I know that she has good intentions but what does that do to us. Can we say tempts us boys and girls

andreaphilip3
12-28-2002, 01:59 PM
lmao sandy. youre too funny. good luck!~lol

RubyBlue
12-28-2002, 06:53 PM
Hey! I just have to say I sympathize with the whole temptation thing. It seems like everyday someone is bringing more chocolate, cake or pizza. I am determined to make it thru tho! I missed 2 days of exercise this week and it just didn't feel right so I made up for it on the treadmill today. So I'm slowly getting back to a routine where I absolutely cannot use xmas as an excuse to eat lard!:) Hope you two are still hanging in there. I'll make sure to stop by the vday challenge. Take Care

andreaphilip3
12-28-2002, 09:22 PM
its aweful. i admit it: im outta control!

gigglez
12-29-2002, 12:51 AM
Me too. I thought that I would make it today and there was pizza this evening but hey I think I done good only ate 2 slices. But I did do my water really good today so that is a positive start.

andreaphilip3
12-29-2002, 01:20 PM
sorry sandy. i know how you feel. i know: lets make a pact that TODAY we are going to make it ok? ready?set? go!:)

hiya ruby:) wassup?

gigglez
12-31-2002, 12:27 AM
Ready willing and able. Ladies start your engines

andreaphilip3
12-31-2002, 01:45 PM
hi girls!

so sandy did ya make it? i did!!!! yesterday too(miraculously) had lotsa emotional stuff goin on not to mention the physical toll it was takin on this body.

wassup ruby? happy new year to you both!!

188.1/169.8

RubyBlue
12-31-2002, 06:23 PM
Hey gals,
Happy New Year to you both! I've been sick the past few days so I'm just trying to get over all that right now. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better and can start the new year strong. Take Care :)

gigglez
12-31-2002, 06:35 PM
So sorry to hear that you have been sick Ruby. Done rather well yesterday but today I had my farewell bite of chocolate I think that I will die but I have decided to go cold turkey I have done it before so I know that I am able to do it once again. Here's to a wonderful new year to each of you. May you each of you have much success in all that you do thru out the upcomming year. CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andreaphilip3
12-31-2002, 06:44 PM
feel better ruby!!!!!

cheers sandy!!!!! go for it!! what do u plan to put in its place? sf puddin?:)

we can do this gals!!!!!! im goin strong!!

gigglez
01-01-2003, 08:30 AM
I think that I am goin to be doin fruit here. At least for now that is, you know how strong the urge is for chocolate..

andreaphilip3
01-02-2003, 12:30 PM
cool! good luck!~ fruit doesnt do it for me! lol

wassup ruby?

gigglez
01-02-2003, 12:54 PM
I did really good about the chocolate yesterday. So maybe there is hope for me. What do you think? Hope that all is goin well with you. Ruby how are you doing with your cold I hope that you are up and about feeling much better. Here's to a good day for us all.

andreaphilip3
01-02-2003, 12:57 PM
good job sandy!!!

im holdin up but i think sat. is gonna kill me!

gigglez
01-02-2003, 01:05 PM
Why what is up on Sat? Come on you can do it. Remember baby steps

andreaphilip3
01-02-2003, 01:15 PM
grampys 90th bday& we are throwin a huge bash so i will be chowin down on moms lasagne&meatballs& god knows what else, but mu consolation is most likely i will not have eaten the rest of the day.

gigglez
01-05-2003, 06:57 AM
Andrea remember that hey you deserve a lil break every now and again. I have found that if you keep on denving yourself that you overeat until you get what you were after in the first place. Moderation is the key, ok it's easier said than does but I know that you can do it. Let me know how it has went.