100 lb. Club - So... first week back on plan

View Full Version : So... first week back on plan

Asherdoodles87
01-19-2011, 10:24 AM
So, I just finished one week back on plan. I was off over the holidays and weighed in at 219. I purchased the body bugg, and it seems to be keeping me more accountable. Anyway, I followed what my body bugg said to do each day. I ate plenty of food, and I tried to make sure I drank enough. When I got on the scale to day I weighed 211. That's a big difference... too big in my opinion. I wasn't aiming for 8lbs. Is this just a first week back on plan super loss? I hope so. I don't want to hurt my body by losing too much at once.

I cannot even be happy about my loss because I am so worried that I am going to damage my body by losing too fast.

Beverlyjoy
01-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Glad you are back posting. Folks say the body bugg can help.

I too lost a huge amount of weight my first week/10 days back on program. I lost 9 pounds. I am sure some of it was water and other bodily funcitons. (TMI - I know) But, some of it was fat. The second week was 2 pounds - which is more normal.

I don't think it's uncommon to have a huge loss when going back on plan after a hiatus. Now, if you continue to lose 8 pounds a week - then I would be concerned.

Of course, I am not a health care person - but, this is my experience.

time2lose
01-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Good to see you, Asherdoodles87! I don't think it is uncommon to have a big loss the first week back on plan. I would not worry about and just wait and see how the next few weeks are.

calluna
01-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Hi, Asherdoodles! Good job getting back on the wagon. I wouldn't worry about the first week either; it seems pretty common to have a large loss in the first week or so. Cheers!

Coondocks
01-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Welcome back!!

When I first started out at 248, I lost 9 lbs my first week so I don't think its surprising at all, and i dont think you're doing any damage if youre eating healthy and movign about!!

Keep at it :)

cherrypie
01-19-2011, 12:43 PM
I think I need a body bug :lol:

Eliana
01-19-2011, 12:50 PM
I think it's normal and pretty good idea! I purposely took a break and when I got back on plan the weight started to move faster than it has in a very long time. Good for you! Use this as a huge motivator to move forward!

sept15lija
01-19-2011, 01:01 PM
I think it sounds great - that can happen the first week...it's pretty normal as far as I can tell.

Ky30
01-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Its just you getting back on plan most likely. I lost 8 pounds the first week on my weight loss journey I think we all lose big the first week.

ToriLeigh
01-19-2011, 02:35 PM
That always happens to me first week or two back, especially if I'm drinking more water. I personally love it, keeping motivated at the beginning is the hardest for me.

kateleestar
01-19-2011, 02:47 PM
The first week I wore my GoWear fit I lost 7lbs, I think it just helps you stay accountable. :D

And I'm sure youre fine, coming back on plan you body likely got rid of excess water weight, too.

FitGirlyGirl
01-19-2011, 03:17 PM
As a first week number I see nothing wrong with it. I hope you end up loving your body bugg as much as I love mine.

Asherdoodles87
01-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Ok, thanks for the feedback everyone. I thought it was fine too, but someone was scaring me by telling me that's way too much even in the first week. They said that's a number that someone on biggest loser would do, and it is dangerous without doctor's supervision. I wasn't aiming for that much, but they made it sound like I did it intentionally and was hurting myself.

I love the body bugg so far, fitgirlygirl. It is helpful to see how active I have been, and what I need to do.

Lori Bell
01-19-2011, 10:31 PM
On Halloween Day (2010) I went on the binge from ****. In one day my weight was up over 10 pounds. (Oh boy did I learn my lesson.) So if losing 8 pounds in one week is dangerous, than gaining 10 in one day must be deadly.

(It took 3 weeks of serious calorie counting and no cheats to get back to 140.)

My point is, the body can hold onto and release many pounds at the drop of a hat!

Asherdoodles87
01-20-2011, 10:56 AM
You make a good point Lori Bell. Our bodies are very adaptable. So, why is that standard 1-2lbs a week always cited? Some people are different, right? And, some just lose the weight at a faster rate? Is it really all that more dangerous if you lose 3lbs a week?

Asherdoodles87
01-26-2011, 08:51 AM
I am down 2 more pounds this week! Things are going good, so far. According to my body bugg my daily deficit was 1006 calories, so that makes sense that I am down 2lbs.

Asherdoodles87
02-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Third week on plan and 3 more pounds down! This seems to be working. :) I hope the 4th week on plan is good too.

sabrinalecompte
02-02-2011, 01:35 PM
You're doing a great job Asherdoodles! I think people cite the 1-2 pounds a week because drastic change means it's harder for you and your body to adapt for long periods of time, and the goal is for sustainable weight loss and a plan that you can stick to so there isn't any of the yo-yo weight loss and gain that can be so damaging to your body. But I think it's different for everyone. I know that the larger you are, the more common it is to lose a higher number, especially at first. You burn more calories just doing the same thing a smaller person does, just for carrying that extra weight around when you do it. And certainly the loss of water weight and just being conscious of what you're putting into your mouth and being held accountable will cause you to be super well behaved, so it's not unrealistic to have lost so much at first. And I don't believe it will hurt you at all.

It sounds like you've been doing fantastic in the following weeks and that weight loss has settled into a more sustainable loss number that you're comfortable with, so keep up the good work! You're doing great!

AZ Sunrises
02-02-2011, 02:07 PM
It's mostly water. It will slow down. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Asherdoodles87
02-07-2011, 11:41 PM
I feel myself fall back into my old habits this week. I did not exercise three times this past week because I wanted a day to rest, and then the next day the weather was so bad I couldn't get to the gym. Then, I had some school work to do, and I couldn't make time for it. And, I ate a few nachos and french fries. Ugh, I don't want to keep slipping up. So, I am re-committing right now. I am giving it my ALL.

Asherdoodles87
02-10-2011, 07:15 AM
I am down 3lbs for week four. I thought I was only going to get two. Anyway, I am going to keep going! I tried two exercise classes this past week, and I loved them. :)

KatMarie
02-10-2011, 10:24 AM
You're doing awesome...keep it up!!

Asherdoodles87
02-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Thank you Kat! I am trying really hard to make this "work" this time. ;)