Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/217/140

Height: 5'6

Default My mini-goals

I've found that actually writing out my mini-goals is very helpful to me, so I thought I'd post them and see how they seem to everyone else.

I've actually already reached my first mini-tiny-barely-even-a-goal-goal! Normally, when I start diets, I quit them before even losing a pound. My goal this time was to not give up until I'd lost at least 5; I knew if I could stick with it that long, I could do this.

So, I started on January 1st, and since then, I've lost.... 6 pounds!!! Not earth shattering, I know, but I'm proud of myself. So, here are the rest of my minis.

Starting weight 223 (current weight 217- height 5'6)
1st goal- 218 -- ****REACHED
2nd goal- 213 (10 pounds down!)
3rd goal- 199 (back in the ones!)
4th goal- 185 (no longer obese!)
5th goal- 160 (high school/drivers lisence weight)
6th goal- 154 (no longer "overweight"!)
7th goal- 140 (lucky 7, the tenetive "final goal")

So, anyone with experience, how do these sounds? Too broad, not broad enough? I'm open to suggestion! I also think these are good because there is something significant attatched to each one.

Thanks all!
abracadabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

Height: 5'6"

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!! I was you one back in 2008 (plus 7 or 8 lbs) and if I was able to do it, ANYONE CAN!!! so...YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Piece of advice...Stick with 3FC! The people here are VERY motivational and should help keep you accountable! Atleast, that's how it worked for me!!! Every so often, go read some of the goal stories and look at pics...talk about motivation!!!

Personally, I think your mini-goals are perfect!! None of them seem too crazy and associating them with something significant is a great idea!! Another thing that helped me was joining challenges on this site. I'm a calorie counter and we do Holiday Challenges ... they can range from 3-4wks or even 7-8wks long. BUUT, we set little goals for each challenge and sign in daily (or whenever you choose) and read/post about the progress we're all making! PLUS, you don't have to be a calorie counter to join!! The girls there (and a couple guys) are awesome and very supportive!!!

DON'T GIVE UP!! 6lbs down already, and before you know it, it'll be 6 more and then 6 more and eventually 140!!! We all fall off track at one point or another ( I was off from Sept to Jan and gained 15lbs---STUPID DIVORCE! LOL) but with the help & support of 3FC, we can all get right back on track!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!! You GOT THIS GIRL!!!!
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #3  

First off, I'm so happy the first respondent was another Mountaineer!! I'm from the state as well. Secondly, thanks for all the helpful/kind words and advice!
I too am a calorie counter (the "lose it" app in the iPhone is amazing!) so I will definitely check out the forums you mentioned. I've also browsed a couple of the goal posts and must I saw-- WOW! The inspiration is radiating off that thread for sure

Thanks for the confidence, and I look forward to hearing of your weight loss as well!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #4  

Congratulations!
Reading your success, encourages me.
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #5  

Thanks LBB, I feel surrounded by success on this site and I'm ready to turn mini-goals into "the" goal.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

Height: 5'6"

YES!! I love the Lose It! App also!!! It's a very convenient way of tracking calories!!! So where in WV are you from?? I'm from the Fairmont/Morgantown area...
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:59 AM   #7  

I'm originally from the Mingo Co area (I know, I know), but I live in southern Ohio now (just across the border), but go to that school just across the river haha However, I am, and always have been, a diehard WVU fan though! I'd be disowned from my family if I wasn't.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 259/253/140

Height: 5' 9"

Way to go! 6 pounds is awsome! Your goals sound good..remember, they are for you, no one else.
lisanovak is offline   Reply With Quote