Chicks up for a Challenge - W.O.W Valentines Day Challenge week 3

jcatron243
01-17-2011, 05:22 AM
Can it really be week 3? I hope everyone's challenge is going well so far.

My official w/i for the week wont be until tomorrow, I'm still looking at the same numbers for last week. (but w/i's at 2 am are a bit false I am hoping to be a bit lower tomorrow.)

I'm glad its monday :) for me that means a mini-friday.

W 64 oz
E 35 minute cardio/10 minute abs
E 1200 clean cals
D make it through the day :)

emiloots
01-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Hey ladies -

Hope everyone had a great weekend (or extended weekend for some of us). Went shopping with my BFF today and bought girl stuff - it was fun. I've never been able to shop on the 'other' side of the store before! My weight is still holding steady around 169-170 so trying to keep it there for a while. Hope everyone has a great week!

Clykk
01-17-2011, 03:35 PM
A quick fly by for me. I should be off to work, but I thought I better check in as I haven't since last Thursday! I have not been vigilant enough. Try, try again. I am up a pound and a half this week. I can feel it too. Wish me luck tonight. I made myself a healthy dinner for work, but Lord only knows where my head will be at after work!!! I'm hoping this check in will help. I commit to coming to you guys after work and making a healthy Berry Protein Parfait to eat after work.

WillsAngel
01-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Hello ladies!!!
Will was in town last week so I was a bit wrapped up in him all week, so I undieted last week, and ate everything I haven't had in over 6 months, probably put 5 lbs on but it was worth it because this morning it actually felt GOOD to go back to me eating plan!! I had no difficulty doing it which was a very strange feeling for me. I am still loving my zumba class and am so glad to see all you ladies continuing this journey with me.

W - 96 oz
E - Zumba and weight training
E - at 986 so far (still need to eat dinner)
D - Love Life!!

jcatron243
01-17-2011, 10:35 PM
Em~ Hurray for girls clothes!!!!

Clykk~ Eat that healthy dinner and parfait!!

WillsAngel~I'm gad you went right back to your eating plan today!

I'm beat! I got in my workout after work, but I am so tired its ridiculous. I am about to head to bed.

LeanLisa
01-17-2011, 11:01 PM
I am determined to make a healthy change in my life. I know I need to start with my eatting habits. Although I have tried for years too limit fried foods, eat my vegetabes, its all the other junk that has left dents in my trunk. :o
So today I am starting to make that change. I love my life too much to cut it short by being OB. Hope some of you will help support me along the way, and give me some great advice. Who knows, I may be able to help someone else along the way.

Today's Menu (before I made this decision)
Sausage and egg sandwich w/ L. mayo
Kellogg's bar
Banana
Grape drink
1/2 Baked pork chop
mac 'n cheese
peas 'n snaps
biscuit
ice cream
tangerine
vegetable juice
Tomorrow will be better!:carrot:

Lisa

TIARA
01-17-2011, 11:30 PM
week1 251
week2 241.8
week3 237.8 not bad..wish it was more though

Hey lisa we are the same weight plus my .8. hope to get to know you better on here. you can do this ..

emily.. shopping for girls is way more fun. There is rack and racks of clothes as for boys they arnt so much selection have fun.. im glad your going with pink. a friend of mine was going with yellow and green eww..lol
w 64++
e rest
e 1205 i went over by 5
d finish my book..

jcatron243
01-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Lisa~ :welcome: I'm glad you made this decision! We are here to help support you! I can't wait to get to know you better!

Tiara! Those numbers are great!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(after christmas weight 155.8)
Week 1: 153.6
Week 2: 151.8
Week 3: 149.0

I'm feeling pretty good about the numbers, but I am feeling the best about getting my eating back under control, getting my exercise in every day again, and feeling happy!

W 80 oz
E 35 interval run/2000 meter row/ 10 minute arm pedal/15 minutes weights/15 minute amt
E 1200 clean cals.
D laundry, house work, keep moving.

WillsAngel
01-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Tiara!! AWESOME!!! Keep up the good work!! Emi - I can't WAIT until I can shop in a regular store!!! I think I will cry that day! June seems to be coming up soo fast!! Girls clothes are sooo cute!! Lisa - Welcome to the group!! THe ladies here are GREAT!! JC your numbers look awesome!! Glad that you are back on track!!

this is my projected weed for the day.
w - 96 oz
e - maybe the gym, my son is sick so i have dr.s' appointments to run to today, don't want to leave him alone
e - the usuall 1500 cals
d - graciously accepting the comment "How small do you want to get? You don't look like you are big at all!" This was said to me by a male gym member who i run into weight training - he told me he was proud of me and has been noticing my workouts etc.

jcatron243
01-18-2011, 04:44 PM
I had to cut my workout short today. More aches and pains in my lower back and hips. :( I cut out the row and 5 minutes of the AMT. My interval run was awsome though!

Clykk
01-19-2011, 12:29 AM
Hey Chickadees!

So, I did what I committed to the last night and had a healthy snack when I got home from work. Yeah me! :carrot:

I even made my healthy snack ahead of time today and had it waiting for me when I got home tonight. Yeah me again! :carrot:

jcatron243 Sorry to hear you are aching, girl! I know how you like your long work-outs! :hug:

WillsAngel Gotta like that comment from your fellow gym rat. Sweet!

Must sleep!

See you all on the other side!

jcatron243
01-19-2011, 05:19 AM
Clykk! Way to go!

Yesterday was a very weird day. My body was acting like it does mid-cycle, but I am only 8 days in. I guess I will just journal it and see what happens. I was very hungry yesterday, so I ended up adding a protein bar to my day, which put me at about 1400 cals. Not bad, considering last month I wouldve given in and eating everything I could.

W 80 oz
E I am hoping for 25 minutes, tommy's class was moved to 500 so If I can get in after the class I will be happy.
E 1200 cals. already planned
D be positive.

LeanLisa
01-19-2011, 06:46 AM
Thanks so much Tiara, Jeni, and WillsAngel for the warm welcome.
*Tiara* you have done great 13.2# lost!
And Jeni...YOU ARE ALMOST THERE! Congratulations!
WillsAngel, WAY TO GO!
Can anyone tell me what the W.E.E.D. stands for?? And where you get the cute little scale sliders? :)
Yesterday I did pretty good. I reached for vegetables to fill up, and when I had a sweet tooth, I grabbed a few marshmallows. But with all the vegetables, V8, and fruit, I was running to the BR. I guess my system just isn't use to all that. I weighed this morning, I weighed 230.6 (light clothing on and 1st thing in morning-unlike my original weigh in with the bluejeans,, sweatshirt, and 11PM :(
Yesterday's Menu
Kellogg's BF Bar
V8 juice
orange
banana
carrots/celery/onion
1/2 baked chicken
peas n' snaps
a little plain rice
biscuit (bread is my weakness!)
4 marshmallows

More later...got homework.
Hope everyone has a wonderful, healthy day!

mothermavis
01-19-2011, 07:25 AM
Morning all. Waiting for my driveway to be plowed so I can head for work. My boys are taking care of it. Glad, cause I hate the plow and it's way too much to shovel.

W 100
E Did crunches, aiming for 10k steps again
E POP
D Trying to stay on level ground...I can!

WillsAngel
01-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Hi MotherMavis!!!

Lisa, when you are able to post signatures you can choose a scale slider frim the User CP, they usually don't let you have a signature until you have been a member for a while or post so many posts. Then when you are able to, you go to your user cp, click on add signature and i think there is a link to find a scale slider.

JC - I hope your cycle gets back into sync, I was like that last week, HUNGRY!! I tried water adding protein etc. it was awful.

Clykk, I find that if i leave bags of baby carrots and cut up veggies in the fridge I am more likely to grab those when I am feeling munchy. Chewing carrots makes my mouth tired so then I don't want to eat anymore LOL.

Sam, my DS has Influenza A which he was able to get tamaflu for due to his asthma and he has been so kind as to share it with me!! I will be going in tomorrow to get my tamaflu so hopefully I can head off the worst of it.

I have only had 200 calories so far today :-( I have zero appetite, I will try to eat some soup later.

W - 32 oz
E - 200 cal
E - laps around the restaurant
D - Love Myself

TIARA
01-20-2011, 02:02 AM
Willsangel.. i always love me a compliment. it makes you that much more inspired to workout when someone is noticing.. hope you and your son get better soon..
Jeni.. i need to follow your exercise dedication and stop cheering when it starts raining outside.. (thats because its my respon for a rest a day)lol
clykk...awesome. i think thats half the battle planning meals. I always make sure to make a few meals and then freeze them that way i never have a valid reason to run to the drive through..
mothermavis.. your boys are sweet to do that for you.. Lucky here thats something i donta have to worrie about do id imagen its a good workout..
lisa...Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED. i didnt eat all my calories today but yet i dont feel starved. i guess the 2 weeks of sb payed off..
w 64oz
e i was lazy.. do something anything 2mo
e 940
d figure out baking ideas for my bday and valentines gifts..

jcatron243
01-20-2011, 05:21 AM
Lisa~ remember bread isn't an enemy! I know atkins and SB have made carbs evil, but everything is fine in moderation!

MM~I've never had to wait for anything to be plowed. I cant imagine. (of course here if we get 3 inches of snow people freak!)

WillsAngel~I hope you feel better soon.

Tiara~I have my moments. But I know that its hard to lose weight and that I have to make the dedication if I really want it.

I didn't get in a workout yesterday. I couldve, but the kids' grandma decided to come to swim team. darn it anyway. Oh well it did my body some good to take a break.

I almost gave into to spaghetti last night. It looked so good, but I ate my chicken and veggies first, then I was to full for anything else :)

W 64 oz
E 25 minutes cardio 10 minute abs
E 1200 cals
D Make it through the day. Keep positive.

mothermavis
01-20-2011, 05:53 AM
Jeni and Tiara, we had about 10 more inches of the crappy white stuff. When it's plowed into the end of your driveway of course, it's much more. Even my little Subaru couldn't get thru that. Too low to the ground, but the boys are still home til the end of the month, so they did mine and their Grandpa's!

I stuck with plan like glue yesterday. Rewarded with a mini whoosh!

W 100
E Crunch & 10k steps
E POP
D Stick with it!

LeanLisa
01-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks WillsAngel.
I know ya'll are probably not interested in what I eat, but I read the Yahoo! article about ppl who blogged their diet and they lost BIG TIME. So please don't hold it against me, I just really want to lose this weight. And I didn't know just eating healthy I could lose this much in just a few days. I know I will eventually hit a plateau, but I am enjoying it right now. :) I've lost over 6 lbs. (the clothes weighed 3.5 lbs so I need to go back in a take that off my initial weigh in). I pray no one tries to sabotage me, or I don't sabotage myself. I have set mini-goals: @199 new hair cut/color; @169 laser on my eyes; @goal start looking for a used camaro.
Yesterday's Menu
Cheerios (1 c) w/ 1/2 c 1% milk
6" roasted chicken sub w/ provolone and sweet onion sauce
unsweetened ice tea
strawberries
thin THIN slice of extra sharp chedder
2 small bites of chicken salad
banana
water water water
All prayers are welcome :)

LeanLisa
01-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Also thanks to Tiara and Jeni. Just saw your responses.
Jeni, I would choose bread if it was all I could eat all day. Doesn't matter what kind. I would list them, but that would only make me want them more LOL
Everybody is doing so good on here. Ya'll are DEFINITELY my inspiration. My bf was trying to look at it, and I was like "nope, this is all mine" :) I did tell him about the guys link :)

emiloots
01-20-2011, 09:08 PM
PrePregWeight: 164.0
1st trimester (5-13 weeks): 165.4 (+ 1.4)
14 weeks: 167.0
15 weeks: 169.0
16 weeks: 169.4
17 weeks: 169.8
18 weeks: 171.0 eek!!!

Need to start curbing this gaining!

Mother - we're getting more snow too, is it summer yet!?!

Jeni, Tiara, Lisa - Hi!!!

mothermavis
01-21-2011, 05:26 AM
Emi, we are getting more today too. C'mon spring! Supposed to be ridiculously cold for the weekend too...highs in the single digits and teens for the next several days...ick. You are doing great! Only pounds in 18 weeks!

Lean Lisa, love the laser goal for your eyes, I've been thinking of laser too.

Jeni good job passing on the spaghetti!

I am on a downward trend this week, need to stay focused for the weekend. Hoping to get under 150 very very soon and need to be POP to get there ASAP!

W 100
E 10k steps and crunches
E POP
D Getting both bathrooms completely spotless this weekend. Even emptying the linen closet to get it all organized. Besides keeps hands too busy to eat.

jcatron243
01-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Lisa~go ahead and post what you eat! I agree that putting it out there is a good thing.

MM~I don't envy you with that snow. Great job at sticking to plan!

Em~I think you are doing great with your weight gain.

I think I let my blood sugar get way to low yesterday. either that or I am getting sick. I ended up eating too much at dinner because I wasn't feeling right. (and I cant find my glucose monitor darn it). This morning I almost passed out. Hmmm.

Scale is sitting about the same, I still plan on working out this morning. (I will make sure I get my blood sugar up first though)

W 80 oz
E 35 minute cardio/ 15 minute weights/ 10 minute cardio 10 minute abs
E 1200 cals * unless I start feeling week, then I will add a couple hundered more cals)
D House work. ick.

Clykk
01-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Good morning Chickadees!

I'm grumpy today. :mad: But, I am determined to not let that get me off plan. So, I thought I best check in, even though I DON'T WANT TO! :dizzy:

W - 80 oz. Done!
E - Interval Cardio Bike Done!
E - Body For Life program
Protein Bar - 8:30 AM
1/2 Bagel/Protein Shake - 12:00 PM
Carrots/Cottage Cheese/Crackers - 3:00 PM
Salad/Quinoa/Pork Chop - 6:30 PM
Protein Bar - 9:00 PM
D - Stay OP anyways, no matter how you feel! Hmmph!

Clykk
01-21-2011, 10:28 AM
:)
I just did my meditation and boy did that lift the anger! Gotta like it when that happens so quickly.

Off to the gym I go! :carrot:

WillsAngel
01-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Clykk - WAY TO GO!!!!!

JC - please feel better, let us know what is going on with your blood sugar, i do know that being ill can effect that.

Lisa - keep posting what you eat, it may give us some ideas to add to our meal plans!!!

MM - eeww all that snow, I do not miss that from living in chicago, though i find it hysterical that eveything shuts down here when we get an inch or more.

Emi - you are doing fantastic!!!

Turns out I do have influenza A NOT FUN - but I was able to get the tamaflu because I have asthma so it should last only 5 days instead of weeks.

W - not drinking hardly any - have to get my 64 oz in today
E - does making it to the bathroom from my bed count?
E - very little eating, mostly toast and fruit and cheese
D - keep chuggin along

jcatron243
01-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Got my workout in. It was so totally awsome (although short, there were a ton of people there this morning. I'm glad my normal workout time is after noon.) I made sure I ate some toast and peanut butter before my workout so I feel a ton better. I will be searching for my glucose monitor this morning. I know I have some troubles with my blood sugar when I cut out as many carbs as I have, so I will just be a little more careful when and how I add in my carbs.

LeanLisa
01-22-2011, 12:08 AM
Hey everybody. Thanks for all the support and help.

WillsAngel-hope you get better REAL Fast.

Jeni-glad you are looking for your monitor, I know how dangerous a drop/spike can be.

MM-Thanks. I thought it might come across as kinda shallow, but I figured if I am going to work hard to get this weight off, it should be something "just for me" (and I keep doing a toss for the grand goal - always wanted a camaro, but since motherhood, I have always wanted a breast-lift...which one is cheaper? :)

LeanLisa
01-22-2011, 12:21 AM
yesterday's menu
strawberries
water
orange
salad
1/2 cup baked spaghetti (filled up on salad)
water
banana
grapes
slice of sharp cheddar
cup of hot chocolate made with water

today's menu
salad
kellogg's bar
water
2 bananas
baked chicken wing
1/4 c of mac 'n cheese
c of field peas 'n snaps (love 'em, can't you tell?)
biscuit with field pea juice :)
thin slice of sharp cheddar
hot chocolate (been trying to fight the chocolate craving - which seems to get really hard!)
water

jcatron243
01-22-2011, 09:47 AM
Morning everyone.

Yesterday my food was not the greatest, but I'm okay with it. Today is a new day, I will get in a workout :) then I am going to spend the day cleaning house and having fun with my family.

W 80 oz
E 35 run/15 AMT/15 weights
E 1200 cals
D more house work.

mothermavis
01-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Today will be a good day!!!!

w 100
e 10k steps
e POP
d getting it all together

emiloots
01-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Hey ladies -

Somehow the weekend is already over :( My food wasn't the best, went over yesterday due to a last minute dinner out and then my DH wanted me to make pizza bread for dinner tonight so yet again not the healthiest. We went out last night and bought a mattress for Desmond's big boy bed - so now both my boys are growing up! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

jcatron243
01-24-2011, 09:39 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/223452-w-o-w-valentines-day-challenge-week-4-a.html#post3672022