Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 2 (01/17-01/23)

Bigmid
01-17-2011, 12:35 AM
Well that's it for week one and now this begins our week 2 chat thread.
Congratulations to everyone this past week you all did great. We did have 15 people not sign up in our WI thread so they automatically had a freebie 4 others who missed WI time and 1 who took their freebie.

There were some great losses this week so help me congratulate our Biggest Losers for Week 1:carrot::carrot:

Biggest Loser:
inklestinkle, -7lbs, -4.76%

Honorable Mentions:
Lily In Bloom, -10lbs, -4.67%
Bigmid, -7lbs, -3.73%
reji, -5.4lbs, -3.66%

Team Loss of -95lbs, -.76%

I have also posted the week 1 results in a new thread, the red team took us this week.....lets only let them have this one:)

rainbowsmiles
01-17-2011, 12:40 AM
:cheer3:Woohooo Way To Go Big Blue!!!:cheer3:

Songstress65
01-17-2011, 12:55 AM
Good Job Team... I made it on and it's Sunday, I missed the cut off time for weigh in though. I've had a busy weekend.

Purplefirefly
01-17-2011, 01:03 AM
:^: I am one who missed weigh in this week :( I am SO sorry to everyone on the team. My official weigh date is Saturday but I was out all day looking for a car and forgot to enter, and it just now hit me that I still has not done it. I am so very sorry.

The good news is I found a car and feel a big sense of relief. i have made all the tough decisions about what is coming up next since the idiot is leaving us, and I feel a big sense of relief and just moving on with things. So, things have settled a lot and I am not as upset anymore...all great things for my weight loss goals :)

I won't miss again...sorry guys! There was just too much going on for me to remember everything I guess.

Purplefirefly
01-17-2011, 01:13 AM
Pagelynn: I am on the same page with you. I have no desire to enter another relationship. He keeps saying "it won't take long for you to replace me, you're a beautiful woman." but I honestly have no desire for that...I feel like he has ruined me for other men because I just am not having it. I am ready to do my own thing and improve myself. Men just better not even approach me right now. It will have to be one **** of a man that persuades me to enter a relationship again!

We're strong women...we'll survive!

Bigmid
01-17-2011, 02:19 AM
Songstress and Purplefirefly don't worry about missing it's life and things sometime get us derailed. Just remember you only have one freebie left though.

Even if you WI is on a different day you can input it whenever you want and then you can just edit that WI if you need to before the 10pm cut off on Sunday.

Going to go to sleep now seeing as I now have to go to work in the morning.

Bobbolink
01-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Blue team....we'll gettum' next week. Congrats to inkletinkle, the biggest loser.....Honorable Mentions:
Lily In Bloom, -10lbs, -4.67%
Bigmid, -7lbs, -3.73%
reji, -5.4lbs, -3.66%

Bigmid...can you post how you get the percentages? I used to know but forgot what you divide into what?. I'd like to see what percentage I was for week one. Or do you post all the percentages somewhere else and I missed it?

mommy2fat
01-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Great job everyone! We will get them this week.

I would love to get my weight under 200 this week. This morning I am sitting at 203.6. Maybe I can get close! I just need to get my rear up and exercise and log all my food this week.

Have a great week!

TooManyDimples
01-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Bobbi, I use this calculator when I want to see what my % loss is. http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/calculate-weight-loss-percentage.html

Well I'm definitely ready to start a new week. I subtracted from our total lose this week because of a brutal TOM. Hopefully next weighin I'll have a big old loss to make up for it.

Happy Monday everyone!

PageLynn
01-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Purplefirefly: I hear ya. We are strong women and we will find someone (in the far future lol) that deserves us and will treat us right. Congrats on getting things in order. Don't worry about not weighing in. I took a freebie! This week was weird my weight is acting weird. Bouncing between 200 and 198 but not going down :(

grneyegrl
01-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Good job!! I have the week off from work. Looking forward to doing nothing but getting on track.

gvntofly
01-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Good Job Blue Team!!!

Even though we didn't win last weeks challenge, we still lost a combined 95 lbs! That is something to be proud of! :D

Bobbolink
01-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Thanks Kim......I put the percentage site up in my favorites so I can find it again. I did google and found out how to do it on the calculator but this site does it in an instant.
I have a desktop calendar cube of Crabby Maxine, she has a grumble about something everyday and gives me a chuckle. For Sunday she says, "I woke up with frozen pipes this morning....yeah, I should probably get a little more fiber in my diet."
Today Crabby Maxines says, " I always wear loose-fitting clothes to those all-you-can-eat buffets. Leaves plenty of room to hide freezer bags."
Find something to smile about today:hug:

Transporter
01-17-2011, 03:13 PM
We lost last week, but we will WIN this week, because we are all losing either way!

Narnia99
01-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Congratulations Inklestinkle for being our Biggest Loser :cp:
Congratulations also to Lily in Bloom, Bigmid, and Reji for being the runners-up this week. Great job!!

I feel like I am coming down with the flu, but until it wipes me out I am going to keep exercising.

Have a great day!

TooManyDimples
01-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Glad to help Bobbi. =)

It doesn't really matter, but I'm just curious. Does anyone know how my next weighin will count since I had a gain last week? Like if I have a loss of 4lbs this week will the whole 4 count or just what I'm down for my original starting weight? I'm assuming it will be what I lose not counting the gain.

Bigmid
01-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Hi Bobbi glad you got you question answered already but the other answer no I don't post everyones totals anywhere else. It already takes a couple hours a night to do totals so sorry. At least now you can know your percentage from the site. I do all the totals on a calculator.

TooManyDimples your next weigh in counts against your last one not the starting weight. The only thing the starting weight was counted for was week one and the very end to figure out the BL. Hope that answers your question

Hello to everyone else and hope your all having a great OP day

Lily In Bloom
01-17-2011, 06:07 PM
Looking forward to week 2 on this challenge! I have a feeling that my number won't be near so great this week though. Between my initial weigh-in and week 1 weigh in here I started south beach diet and was on phase 1. Now, however, I'm moving on to Phase 2, and the weight loss will probably slow down a lot.

I'm actually a bit anxious about starting Phase 2. I know that the initial phase is far too restrictive to really stay on for long, but I am a baked goods addict. So, telling myself "no, none, not allowed" is a lot easier than telling myself "well, maybe one. now and then." Still, I think I've done well (all 8 hours that I've been at it, LOL!).

Hope everyone's week has started well =D

Bobbolink
01-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Bigmid...I checked out the site from toomanydimples where you can do the calculation on your computer and it works great. Very fast too!http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/calcu...ercentage.html (http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/calcu...ercentage.html)
Bigmid I do all the totals on a calculator.

I know how busy you are and hate to see you spend 2 hours working on the percentages.
Lily...as determined as you are, I'm sure you'll bloom again.
Gvntofly...I agree, losing 95 pounds is a good start in the right direction.
The gals that still have their monthly cycle shouldn't feel bad about going backwards, we all understand what's happening. Well all except for the one gentleman we have on the blue team, radar.
Naria...Whoa girl, you might get sicker. Get under a blankie with some hot tea and honey and take it easy. Really! feel like I am coming down with the flu, but until it wipes me out I am going to keep exercising.

Mercy03
01-17-2011, 08:30 PM
http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/calculate-weight-loss-percentage.html

@ Bobbi,your link didn't work,try this.Thank you though,it takes SECONDS to figure out your weight loss percentage.:)

vdander24
01-17-2011, 08:42 PM
I feel like I am coming down with the flu, but until it wipes me out I am going to keep exercising.

Have a great day!

Narnia! Ditto what Bobbi said! Get under the blankets and get some rest! The longer you fight it, the longer you will have it. I have had it since Thursday, and I am still trying to get over it!

Congratulations Inklestinkle for being our Biggest Loser :cp:
Congratulations also to Lily in Bloom, Bigmid, and Reji for being the runners-up this week. Great job!!

Feeling slightly better, but I have not done much this week yet. Hoping tomorrow will be better. Great job, again everyone!

spryng
01-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Evening all! I think this week is gonna be a great week for blue!! I plan on getting some extra workouts in and hopefully see a good loss. So lets stay focused, we can win! :)

Bigmid
01-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the link I'll try it. It's not the percentages that take all the time though. That's okay I don't mind doing any of it.

Well I had a very bad day at work today so now I just finished a cafe moca and then off to find some food a little tv and then bed. To tired for a workout today so tomorrow it is. Didn't do bad for a step count already though.

Thanks for the congrats on the loss I'm just hoping it sticks and to go down at least one or two for this week.

abetterme
01-17-2011, 09:35 PM
I am hoping to get out of the 180's by next WI!
We did a good job last week!

tytbody
01-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Just found our chat. Hi. Sorry late but m in the party room. Just didn't know my way around here.

Does anyone have a Mac that can help me get the blue team banner?

Doragone
01-18-2011, 02:16 AM
Oh well . . . next week is our time, right?
We got a increased tax bill, didn't count dh ssdi, so now we owe another $1000. Sheesh!!! :dizzy: Then today we found we had a gash in one of our tires and the rim is out of shape and needs to be replaced. Just can't seem to have a week without some snag. :?: But diet-wise, I'm still doing great but still no exercise. Congratulations to our biggest losers, the rest of us need to pick up the slack so here we go . . . . good luck B-losers.:cheer3:

Dora

inklestinkle
01-18-2011, 06:07 AM
Wow! Thanks for all the congrats! :) And congrats to everyone else who lost this past week! Go blue team!

I was really looking forward to maybe seeing the 130's again this week, but I'm laid up. I hurt my foot so bad I can't sleep (It's 4am, gah!). I'm hoping it feels better by the time the kids wake up and I actually have to use it again, but I wasn't able to exercise today... er... last night. And to make matters worse, I'm getting a sore throat so I could really use some rest. Oh well, hopefully things will get better as the week progresses.

maryshady
01-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Congrats to all the biggest losers!!! The whole team did such a great job. 95 lbs!! woohoo!!!

Hope all those that are feeling sick get better soon.

Inkle-so sorry about your foot. Take care of yourself!

Dora-Well things can only get better this week right!! So sorry for all the troubles this week but hey you lost weight!

ugh! woke up to TOM this morning and up .8 lbs. Will be drinking plenty of water today to flush out the weight gain.

Have a great Tuesday!

mommy2fat
01-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Good morning! I finally dragged my rear out of bed this morning to exercise. I am getting back on track this week somehow or another. I am off to a good start today so hopefully I can stay OP all day!

Have a great day everyone!

Bobbolink
01-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Cheryl...To get the image in your signature, go to User CP, edit signature, and then copy and paste this into your signature:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic97781_7.gif (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic97781_7.gif)

You'll need to remove the space after , and also before forum and also before to get it to work.

Purplefirefly
01-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Congrats to everyone who lost last week, and may we all take some off this week :)

I was so happy the kids went back to school this morning, but no sooner did I get home from dropping them off the school called and said my son threw up and needed picked up. He was perfectly fine when I dropped him off less than 20 minutes before :?:

We got a increased tax bill, didn't count dh ssdi, so now we owe another $1000. Sheesh!!! :dizzy: Then today we found we had a gash in one of our tires and the rim is out of shape and needs to be replaced. Just can't seem to have a week without some snag. :?: But diet-wise, I'm still doing great but still no exercise.

This year seems to be starting out rough for a lot of people, me included. Let's look forward to a great Feb. maybe :?:

I was really looking forward to maybe seeing the 130's again this week, but I'm laid up. I hurt my foot so bad I can't sleep (It's 4am, gah!).

I wish you speedy recovery and hope you don't get sicker...take some time to rest.

chiquita623
01-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Hey Teammies. Hope you're finding today a great day. Or at least hoping it's a great day for you all. Back to work after being off for a week and it's hard getting back in the swing of things here. Oh well, I'm a short-timer so I can do this!! Only 15 more weeks until I retire. Can't come fast enough.

Congrats to all of our Biggest Losers and congrats to everyone else on their losses. Hoping to get into onederland this week.

Better get busy at work. Just wanted to hop on real quick while I had a minute. I'll be back later. Be good to yourselves today.

MamaP
01-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Everyone (except me) did great this week. I am hoping to start heading back in the right direction this week.

PageLynn
01-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Well finally I think things are gonna go right! I had a great night last night. My best guy friend cheered me up and made me remember there are better guys out there who will treat me better and want to be with me. Then this morning I got my exercise in and before I got into the shower I weighed and 197.2!!!!!!! Finally the extra water weight is coming off and my body is adjusting again for weight loss!

tytbody
01-18-2011, 04:30 PM
Cheryl...

I tried what you said but as you see, I get someone else's ticker.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic97781_7.gif

no I get nothing now??? oh well.

Narnia99
01-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Good afternoon everyone :)
Well I don't know if I am getting sick or not. I feel the same as I did yesterday, but I'm not getting worse so that is good.

Bobbi & Vdander, thanks for thinking of me. I know I should take it easy, but I guess I feel like I'm being a wimp if I'm not totally sick. If I feel worse though I will definately slow down.

Dora, sorry about the tax bill and your tires.

inklestinkle, hope your foot heals quickly.

Glenda, great job with your morning workout :cp:

Purple, I hope your son is feeling better soon. My oldest son is home with the flu too.

Laurie, I hope the next 15 weeks of work go by quickly for you!!

PageLynn, sounds like you have a good friend, and he's right! Congrats on your weigh-in!

drinkypants
01-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Inklestinkle awesome job, and I hope your foot is feeling better.
95 pounds is amazing! Great job team mates!

I hope everyone not feeling well, recovers soon. Feeling sicky icky is awful.

@Bobbi Crabby Maxine sounds like a riot, I will have to google her.

I am excited, because I am finally old enough to make a signature.. I'll try to figure this Blue Team banner thing out. hehe

gvntofly
01-18-2011, 10:37 PM
I am having a great start to the week! I am driven to stay POP for this week and next because I am close to getting into the 180's!

My oldest daughters B-day is the 27th and we are having a party for her on the 29th. DH and I decided we are going to get an 1/8 sheet cake instead of a 1/4 sheet. We don't want the extra cake around for an entire week after the party.

I am also making chicken salad wraps (the kind with the grapes, apples and walnuts!) with a fruit salad instead of broasted chicken and potato salad.

My SIL is coming to visit that weekend and my MIL is having a small b-day party for my niece on the 28th, ugg, more cake to tempt me. Plus my SIL requested lasagna and garlic bread for dinner that night and I have no control over how my MIL makes it.

I'm thinking I will just deal with any possible remarks and just bring my own dinner. I can't chance the calories in the lasagna.

dream710
01-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Congrats to our biggest losers! So far I've been on track this week, Wednesdays usually a tough day for me to stay on plan, but I'm gonna try real hard today. Exercise is good, tomorrow I'm gonna attempt to do 500 yards in the pool (with kickboard and fins). Wish me luck I think I'm gonna need it.

Bobbi-Maxine cracks me up, thanks for sharing!

I'm off to get ready for another fun filled day at work, everyone take care.

NancyO
01-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Hey Blues, Hope you're all having a great week so far. I've been really good so far this week, worked out everyday and eating within my WW points too. So far I'm liking the free fruits and veggies with the pro points plan. Now to just keep it up for the rest of the week. My manager at work is driving me crazy, which could end up driving me to eat junk food, so I have to remember to use that energy for exercise, not eating. :)

Bobbolink
01-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Good Afternoon everyone, just got back from chiropractor, I'm booked for 3 times a week. Neck vertebrae are always out and I have a constant migraine headache. Other that that, I'm doing really well on the BL's. I needed this challenge to rid myself of the last 10 pounds. I was at 160 a couple of years ago and the weight just melted off me back then. I've actually maintained the weight loss until a month ago. That's when I measured my height and decided I needed to lose 10 more pounds so my height corresponded with the weight charts. It's so much harder to get rid of those next to goal pounds. I used that site that instantly does the percentages of weight loss, I wanted to see where I was in the mix of stats. I found everyones, then put them in order according to who had the biggest percentages of weight loss and on down to the least percentages. I printed it out and put on my refrigerator as an incentive to do better this week. (I was in 12th place) I'll probably never do better than that because I can't exercise right now according to 'doc. I was watching the biggest loser tv show last night and took special interest in their percentages. Even the low% were better than mine but then I don't have a personal trainer nor can I exercise right now. I post my daily menu's on the site bigmid set up and it's fun to see what others are eating. (Unfortunately, not too many post). I have a question for everyone, what do you use for kitchen stovetop pans. I just read another article from Dr. Weil about using teflon pans. He was talking about a new 'green pan' that is suppose to be stick proof and doesn't flake off like teflon does. I find it hard to let go of my teflon, I do have all stainless steel and cast iron but everything sticks unless I use some kind of oil. I fry most things in no calorie spray Pam, I'd hate to use up my calories in using real oil. So......what do you all use?
I like the new ceramic-coated pans. I think they're a great advance over earlier nonstick pans and bakeware and are safer because they're made without perfluorooctanoic acid, known as PFOA, the potentially toxic chemical used in the manufacture of coatings for nonstick pans such as Teflon. The nonstick surface of the new green pans uses ceramic-based nanotechnology that is said - unlike older nonstick coatings - to be stable on exposure to high heat and resistant to flaking.

tytbody
01-19-2011, 02:52 PM
I use Pam and my pans are Calphalon. Don't know what it is but got them at Bed Bath and Beyond onslae for under $50, thats the only reason I have for having that brand.

rainbowsmiles
01-19-2011, 03:03 PM
:pJUST POPPING BY TO SAY:p
:DHAPPY HUMP DAY:D
:hug:BLUE TEAM:hug:
:cheer3:GO BIG BLUE:cheer3:

abetterme
01-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Hey everyone,
I am feeling a little discouraged. I just got home from the doctor and their doctors scale says I weigh 185. Yesterday my scale at home said I weigh 184... and a few days ago (right after a horrible stomach bug, complete with vomiting) I weighed 182. I wish I maintained that 182. Is it supposed to happen that way, that you automatically gain back when you can keep food down after a stomach bug? I don't see where I over ate. So..I might have to use a freebie during the WI. We'll see.. I don't want to say I've gained weight since the last WI.
Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well! I am sure I'll feel better soon, but I just hated seeing that!

tytbody
01-19-2011, 08:54 PM
it's just different scales.It will go back down on Saturday our weigh in day. We have a long way to go. It's expected that some weeks we all will have a gain.

try not to think to deep into what happened. It's just one day and an illness. you will be fine and don't give up. you got two more days to eat better.

gvntofly
01-20-2011, 12:45 AM
I have a question for everyone, what do you use for kitchen stovetop pans. I just read another article from Dr. Weil about using teflon pans. He was talking about a new 'green pan' that is suppose to be stick proof and doesn't flake off like teflon does. I find it hard to let go of my teflon, I do have all stainless steel and cast iron but everything sticks unless I use some kind of oil. I fry most things in no calorie spray Pam, I'd hate to use up my calories in using real oil. So......what do you all use?

I got rid of all my non stick pans last year and bought the Calphalon Contemporary Stainless 13 piece set. It was the best investment I have made. I put a tsp or so of oil in the pan and then use a pastry brush to disperse it. I use less oil this way. I know that PAM has come out with their "Professional" spray that they guarantee will not leave a build up on the pan but I am still leary about trying it.

Bigmid
01-20-2011, 01:42 AM
Hi everyone I just realized today that as I was reading all the posts yesterday I forgot to post my own. Sorry about that. I have been pretty good so far this week but my weight is only holding and not going down. I think some of it has to do with not drinking all my water but I've been so cold that the water makes me even colder.......and I hate being cold

Bobbie I use Teflon as well and with Pam I know it's supposedly bad, but then again what isn't bad for us. Next study out will show it's not bad then the next one bad and so on:). Also I'm to cheap to buy better pans

Kelsey it is normal to gain after being sick.....nature of the beast.

For anyone thinking about using freebies for a gain it's not your only option. I say this every challenge and will say it again now. Gaining is a part of this lifestyle change we have all taken on. Do not use the freebie if it is out of guilt and not wanting to let the team down. This is all part of the challenge. I always post my gains as they keep me accountable.

If you WANT to use your freebies that's great if it's your decision. They also cone in handy if your out of town or Internet is down of lots of other reasons. Just please don't use them out of guilt. The team is here for everyone and we are here to support each other wether we lose or gain.

Okay enough said about that I hope it makes sence.

Now let's get to know each other better.....what is the best memory of an outfit you've worn or are hoping to wear at goal

Mine was for a Christmas party in 1997 (I had just lost 50lbs) and it was a full length red spagetti strap gown. I was so happy with how I looked in it and I felt like a million bucks. I still have that gown and I was hoping to fit into it at goal again. Well I tried it on in October (when I was only 12lbs from goal not the 30 I am now) and the crazy thing fit yet I didnt feel as skinny in it this time. Weird but then again certain body parts are not the same as 15 years ago either. OMG I didn't figure out the timeline until I just typed this. 15 years of holding on to that dress and I have clothes older than that. I REALLY AM A PACK RAT. Time to recourses and soon

Well time to say goodnight.
PS ignore spelling I'm on the iPhone plus I'm the worlds worst at spelling anyway

Doragone
01-20-2011, 01:56 AM
Hi B-losers!!!

You're right Mary - at least I lost weight!!! Accentuate the positive.;)

Purple Firefly - Yes, here's to a better February. . . Sigh:p

Thanks too Narnia, and I hope you're not getting sick.:no:

Allyson - smart move "not chancing" the lasagna - good resolve.:cp:

Bobbi - I too like the Maxine quotes - too funny, so true.:lol:

Kelsey - what tytbody said is so true, first the scales are different and you're weight will go up and down - we all understand that. Don't let that number be your master, I know - I used to worry like that too - it doesn't help though. Just keep on keepin' on and don't be afraid to post a gain.:goodscale

As to pans, I use heavy bottomed stainless and use coconut oil in small amounts and I'm very pleased with this combo.

Here's to a POP rest of the week, we're going to the coast for 3 days so I have a challenge ahead, but I feel confident in meeting it. Hang in there Blues.

Dora

maryshady
01-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Well finally saw the scale move today. Down to 161.6. Will be glad to see TOM go bye-bye! Have a great Thursday!:D

Everyone (except me) did great this week. I am hoping to start heading back in the right direction this week.

Don't worry I am sure this week is going better. Plus look how far you have come. Stop beating yourself up and get back into the game. We are rooting for you!:D

Hey Teammies. Hope you're finding today a great day. Or at least hoping it's a great day for you all. Back to work after being off for a week and it's hard getting back in the swing of things here. Oh well, I'm a short-timer so I can do this!! Only 15 more weeks until I retire.

I envy you only 15 weeks till retirement! I only have about 13 years if our Governor doesn't change our pension structure! lol!

My oldest daughters B-day is the 27th and we are having a party for her on the 29th. My SIL is coming to visit that weekend and my MIL is having a small b-day party for my niece on the 28th, ugg, more cake to tempt me. Plus my SIL requested lasagna and garlic bread for dinner that night and I have no control over how my MIL makes it. I'm thinking I will just deal with any possible remarks and just bring my own dinner. I can't chance the calories in the lasagna.

I bring my own dinner too when I know I can't eat the food. Everyone in my family is always on various diets so no one gets offended. I also bring an apple, slice it real thin, top with cinnamon and equal and microwave for 1 to 1.5 mins and it tastes like apple pie w/o the crust. It really helps while everyone else is eating cake.

Congrats to our biggest losers! So far I've been on track this week, Wednesdays usually a tough day for me to stay on plan, but I'm gonna try real hard today. Exercise is good, tomorrow I'm gonna attempt to do 500 yards in the pool (with kickboard and fins). Wish me luck I think I'm gonna need it. I'm off to get ready for another fun filled day at work, everyone take care.

Hoping you kicked Wednesday's butt!

Hey everyone, I am feeling a little discouraged. I just got home from the doctor and their doctors scale says I weigh 185. Yesterday my scale at home said I weigh 184... and a few days ago (right after a horrible stomach bug, complete with vomiting) I weighed 182. I wish I maintained that 182. Is it supposed to happen that way, that you automatically gain back when you can keep food down after a stomach bug? I don't see where I over ate. So..I might have to use a freebie during the WI. We'll see.. I don't want to say I've gained weight since the last WI.
Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well! I am sure I'll feel better soon, but I just hated seeing that!

The 182 was a dehydrated weight number since you couldn't keep anything down. Once you started eating and drinking your body reabsorbed the fluid it needed. So look at the 182 as the false number and don't be discouraged.

I got rid of all my non stick pans last year and bought the Calphalon Contemporary Stainless 13 piece set. It was the best investment I have made. I put a tsp or so of oil in the pan and then use a pastry brush to disperse it. I use less oil this way. I know that PAM has come out with their "Professional" spray that they guarantee will not leave a build up on the pan but I am still leary about trying it.

I bought an oil pump from Amazon. It works with the same mechanics as PAM but it's real oil and no added "Propellants" for your body to absorb. Then you won't have to worry about build up.

Bobbolink
01-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Good morning Blue Team,
I didn't know that Pam can build up on pans. I have a stainless steel wok that I used last night for Pineapple chicken stir-fry. I fried the chicken chunks first and too much brown stuck to the pan. I had to plate the chicken, cool the pan down and wash it before I stir-fried the veggies, sauce, etc. Bummer! I told DH that I'm going to brown the meat in my teflon pan or a separate pan so I don't have that problem again.
Yesterday when I got home from a doc's appointment DH told me our Visa rep called and asked if we charged a reservation in Finland on our credit card. Duh....someone got ahold of our credit card number and tried using it. Thankfully they didn't pay it and immediately canceled our account. They will issue a new number and credit cards. I ordered lots of christmas gifts over the internet and don't have a clue how a thief got our number.
I've been jealous of all the gals with scales that show the exact weights. My old one has a fat % on it and only weighed to 1/2 pounds. I found one at Shopko yesterday on sale for $19.99 and purchased it. No fat percentage but I didn't like seeing my high fat percent anyway. What a difference between mine and my DH's, darn it all. Guys just don't carry fat in their tummys like women do. My dh wears the same size jeans he wore in high school and his 50 year anniversary is coming up this summer.
Maryshady...I purchased one of those oil sprays from Amazon a couple of years ago. Mine doesn't work very well, it just spits out the oil. I wonder if it would work better if I mixed in some water?
Dora and Dream...Crabby Maxine said today, "Whoever said no two flakes are alike, never compared the DNA of my relatives."
Bigmid...great advice, I was thinking the same thing about gals using the freebie. I know better to eat popcorn or sunflower seeds on Friday night because my body retains all my moisture. I post my weekly weight on Saturday mornings and don't need the scale to go up.Do not use the freebie if it is out of guilt and not wanting to let the team down. This is all part of the challenge. I always post my gains as they keep me accountable.

gvntofly...Years ago I saw my sister spread the oil around the pan using the chunk of meat she was browning and I've been doing that since. A pastry brush is something I hadn't thought of. :dizzy:I put a tsp or so of oil in the pan and then use a pastry brush to disperse it. I use less oil this way. I
Nancy...good job on keeping OP.
Tytbody...I want a tight body too, is that what your thread name is saying? Unfortunately at my age that'll never happen.:( I tried working on my arm wings but lifting those weights put my neck vertebraes out and I had to stop.
CoColoco...did you google Crabby Maxine yet, she is a riot. I want to be just like her when I get really, really old.
Narnia...you feeling better yet?
Time to get moving, if I missed someone....sorry!
You all have a great OP day.

abetterme
01-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words of wisdom. I am just going to keep on truckin along and I'll eventually get out of the 180's. I feel more positive now :)
I remember these goal jeans I had when I was a sophomore in highschool. They were really cool. I remember finally fitting into them and loving how I looked! And I remember when they got way too big for me!
Now I have a pair of goal jeans that I can button but they are still way too tight. But soon I will wear them!

Inferno
01-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Hey everyone!

Just thought that I'd pop in and see how everyone's doing.

Keep up the great work everyone! We're all going to look great by the end of the challenge! :)

I'm going to make sure to weigh in early in the morning on Sunday. My parents are having a playoff party, and it's going to be so hard for me to resist eating all of the food that I know they're going to put out lol.

Soon2BFitChick
01-21-2011, 12:04 AM
Hi Bluezersss!! I'm sorry I haven't come to chat much. Been trying to declutter this house. Every day is a new area. OMG takes so much time. Plus cleaning wherever I do it after it's done. I hope to be finished by March (it WILL take that long because I'm doing two cabinets a day or so and I haven't even begun upstairs. Blah! Just hafta get it done. It bothers me! :tantrum:

I've lost some since we started this challenge. I'm trying to keep drinking lots of water, which is always a problem for me. Not sure why but I have trouble downing enough. :swim:

Anyhoo, hope you all are having a good week,

Hugs, Selina :hug:

tytbody
01-21-2011, 12:18 AM
Mary, I have a pump too and as soon as the Pam is gone, I hope it stays gone. but I think it will get back here cause Husband loves to use it. He don't listen to me. Not even 1/2 the time. sometimes I wonder why he married me. :(

I like my pump cause i know it's just plain Extra Virgin Olive oil.

tytbody
01-21-2011, 12:19 AM
Yup Bobby. That's what it says and that's what it means. I've been trying to live up to that since I created my name.. lol

maryshady
01-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Hi Bluezersss!! I'm sorry I haven't come to chat much. Been trying to declutter this house. Every day is a new area. OMG takes so much time. Plus cleaning wherever I do it after it's done. I hope to be finished by March (it WILL take that long because I'm doing two cabinets a day or so and I haven't even begun upstairs. Blah! Just hafta get it done. It bothers me! :tantrum:

I've lost some since we started this challenge. I'm trying to keep drinking lots of water, which is always a problem for me. Not sure why but I have trouble downing enough. :swim:

Anyhoo, hope you all are having a good week,

Hugs, Selina :hug:

Selina-I use a straw to drink my 20 oz with each meal. It really helps me to drink it quickly. I tell myself I can't take my last bite till all 20 oz are gone. HTH :)

Bigmid
01-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Hi everyone I hope your day is going good so far my week has been a little rocky emotionally (lots going on and until it gets settled it may be like this) but eating is still good. I haven't lost anything since last week but at least I'm still going:carrot:

It has been quite on the boards the last day or so I hope you haven't lost momentim already.....it's only week 2. We can do this and spring (with shorts, t-shirts, bathingsuits) is just around the corner. We must do this:)

Dora - have fun at the coast, you'll do fine

Mary - great job on the loss:carrot:

Bobbi - I bet the stir fry tasted good in the end....that's what I'm having for supper tonight. (not pineapple chicken but stir fry) Hope you like your new scale

Kelsey - That's all we can do is keep on truckin and never give up. Just you wait those jeans will be loose in no time:)

Inferno - Have a good playoff party....I know what you mean party foods are my weekness too.

Soon2B - Can you come and do my house when your finished:) Good job on that though you'll feel so good once it's done. I should be doing that I will be moving (if we can sell the house or rent it) in April so I should start decluttering and cleaning already so it's not such a big job later. Good job on the loss. Water is my downfall too so I can't drink anything else until my water is done for the day (only exception is my morning coffee)

A big hello to everyone else.

PageLynn
01-21-2011, 02:42 PM
I am not enjoying the scale so much lately. I'm exercising and eating on plan (just not many activity point and no weeklies) and my scale is going back up. 199 today :( I can't figure out why. UGH! I feel like I'm letting the team down. I am not giving up though. The weight has to come off eventually LOL.

PageLynn
01-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Daily Gab: Pagelynn...what's the turkey sausage you're eating every morning? (Bobbolink)

I will reply here. I eat Jimmy Dean Light Turkey Sausage Crumbles. It's 2 points for 2/3 cup but that is way too much sausage for one egg/egg white mix so I use 1/3 cup for 1 point. I love it! The sausage is already cooked and crumbled so super easy!

Bobbolink
01-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Hi-Ho Blue team:wave:
We had chiropractor appointment again today, I went in 1st as usual. While waiting for DH, the massage therapist came out and asked me if I wanted a FREE back massage. I've never had one before and it was wonderful. My hair looked like a punk rocker when she was finished but it was worth it.
Bigmid...I'm sorry but what's your first name again? I feel like I'm insulting you when I call you bigmid. I love my new scale and it weighs pretty much the same as my old one. My old one just weighs to 1/2 pounds and the new to decimals and it's only off by .3(my old scale said 126.5 and the new one is 126.8) I'm just going to use the new scale for my weigh in.
I think everyone will probably not lose as much this week since last week we had bigger numbers and maybe some water loss. I'm seeing lots of plateaus' right now. I read an interesting article in the doc's office today about a guy that lost 100+ pounds and he was talking about plateaus. He said when that happens, he mixes up his meal times. Eat breakfast at a different time, same with lunch. (He'd eat lunch at 2:00) Then when he got off the plateau, he'd go back to his normal pattern. Same with exercise, do something different than your usual.
It was 26 below zero this morning and I have to go get my hair cut.......brrrrrrr! I better go bundle up and get it done, see ya all tomorrow.
I weigh in on Saturday morning so I'm NOT going to eat anything salty tonight.

abetterme
01-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Hi everyone,
So far, today has been a good day. I almost didn't work out, but decided I might as well just do it since I would feel tons better afterwards. Also, I am wearing my goal jeans. They're a smidge tight, I have a little muffin-top thing going on. But they look like they fit well since my shirt is long enough to kind of hide that. My other pants are just hanging off me. I had no choice. :)
I hope that everyone is having a great day today!

tytbody
01-21-2011, 08:26 PM
ah what a nice thing to be able to say, pants are hanging off of me.. One day.. one day .. .oh happy day.

I did exercise today, just now as a matter of fact. Loved one, hated one. Loved Sweet Blessing Yoga with Othene Hated Core Strength Pilates with Trudie Stylers.. It's going somewhere outta here.

reji
01-22-2011, 12:13 AM
Well, I've been having an up and down week. It started off with a holiday weekend away, and I did a pretty good job with food (although not so good with drink!). Once I got back home, I've been eating and exercising really well. The scale may not be showing it yet, but I'm feeling good, and that's what counts.

Bobbi, I've always loved regular massages, but I recently started realizing that those deep tissue massages really help with some shoulder pain I've been having. They may not feel good at the time, but wow, do they feel good later.

mumtoliam
01-22-2011, 02:01 AM
Hello Blue team! I have skimmed the posts and hope I will be be caught up to date soon!

I just got home from a blissful week down the South Coast - it is Summer here! We went swimming in the inlet, did some fishing and walking! I read some books, and regret that it had to end this morning!

Nancy O- I am also on WW Propoints and bought some of the WW cookbooks before I left. I planned my meals, very tedious and took along a lot of pantry supplies. But I made some scrumptious main meals that my whole family enjoyed. My mum and sister are also thinking about joining WW too, they could see how it easy it all was! I hope so, it will help me keep on track but if not, I am very focussed and determined this time around!

I have done 3 loads of washing so far - and have maybe two - three loads more to do! One of the things I hate about going away. We even did three loads before we came home! We took everything with us - so we have bath towels and sheets as well as the clothes....

Hoping that after a week away the scales are looking lighter!

Check in again tomorrow, Catch you later!

Doragone
01-22-2011, 04:20 AM
Hey there Blue Buddies!!!
We're here at the coast, I'm here for a slot tournament, chance at $5K. My score tonight wasn't great, but it's the total of your 3 (out of 4) best scores, so there's still hope.:^:
I've been on plan thanks to bringing my computer, the room has wi-fi, and I can still enter my calories on http://caloriecount.about.com , which is a God-send for me. I have consistently kept under my 1500 cal/day limit. I won't be near a scale Sunday, so I put in my weight before leaving home which was 2.6# down, so that'll work. We brought plenty of yogurt and cottage cheese, plus I save up calories for eating out, knowing ahead of time how much is okay. It's amazing I didn't find it this easy before . . . I think I was always looking for a quick fix. This time, I'm looking for a simple 5# a month and I'm already there for January. Anything more is a bonus!!! :angel:
Hang in there, we can win this week, as a team!!!:grouphug:

Dora

Purplefirefly
01-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Just have a moment to check in, but I earned my first :cheer2: !!! Yay!!!

Bobbolink
01-22-2011, 09:11 AM
Happy Week-end Blue team:carrot:
I just posted my weight and was plesantly surprised that I dropped 1.8 pounds. I usually have popcorn or salty sunflower seeds at night but skipped them last night so I wouldn't retain fluid for my weigh in. Makes me think of the real Biggest Losers and the twin brothers who purposely drank water and must have eaten a ton of salt to both gain +9lbs.
Dora...congrats on your nice loss, 2.6 is great! I haven't heard of the caloriecount.about.com before and clicked on it. I eat Chia seeds on my cereal in the mornings and used the nutritional label on the package for guidelines on Fitday.com. (They didn't have them listed) I typed in Chia seeds on the site you use and WOW, they not only listed them but had 4 different types of Chia seeds. I promply added your site to my favorites. Thanks!
Purplefirefly: 5 pounds? Super great and hugs.
You all have a great Saturday.

gvntofly
01-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Oh bloody heck! I just can't catch a break these past couple of days!
Thursday I just felt really fatigued, not normal for me at all, I still got my workout in though. Yesterday I woke up with a migraine, spent the day on the couch under a blanket with my sleep mask on! On the bright side hubby cooked dinner for me BUT, he made cheddar jalepeno burgers on pretzel buns! I'm sure the calories were through the roof, good thing I had only used approx. 400 calories before dinner!

Then this morning TOM showed up 2 days early! I get cramps so bad that I will spend the day on the couch! At least I can watch TV today!! Which so far has been a good thing! I was recustomizing our channels on DTV and I came across the BYU channel. They have a 1 hour yoga program on at 8am, Mon-Sat! I am going to add that to my workouts every day next week . I think it will be a great way to start every morning! If I like the show I will continue doing it daily beyond the first week.

Not sure how my weigh in will go tomorrow morning. At this point I will be happy with a maintenence! So if I have a loss I will be through the roof with joy!

I am making a buffalo wing dip for the games tomorrow. I have altered the recipe to make it less bad! Original recipe has 4,499 calories and 378g fat for the whole pan! The way I am making it, it will have 2,333 calories and 122g fat for the whole pan! Plus I am going to serve it with celery sticks instead of tortilla chips!

tytbody
01-22-2011, 02:19 PM
nothing really great here. just keep doing wha I'm suppose to and enjoy doing it. Not depriving myself for weight loss cause If I do it that way it will feel likea diet. I'm not dieting. I'm workinkg on eating better and moving more. LIke today, I'll try going up and down the stairs for 7 minutes like Dr. Oz said yesterday. Last night was a great yoga night and It made me happy. Not a big weight loss exercise but I need to be happy first.

PageLynn
01-22-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm thinking about calorie counting and stopping weight watchers. But I was wondering if someone can tell me what's the best online tracker (that's free). I am not for sure I want to change to calorie counting but I am frustrated that I am not losing on WW anymore. I think if I went by calories I may be able to have more control and can focus on tweaking the calories over points. I already worked out this morning but now I wanna go run. It's weird to have this energy all of the sudden lol. I ran to the mailbox and back and now I just wanna go run the block. I may just do that.
Hope everyone is having a GREAT day!!!

tytbody
01-22-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm not a CC so I think more people in the CC forum could give you some direction on where free calculators are. I know they sent me some even for my iphone. I deleated them cause I'm not using them. . I think Fitday is one of them

Bobbolink
01-22-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm a calorie counter and use Fitday.com. It's free!
I've tried all the diets on the market and the only one that has ever worked for me is counting calories. You will lose the weight if you burn more calories than you eat, really simple. Fitday tracks everything, including a weight graph chart.

PageLynn
01-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks Bobbolink
Tytbody: I looked there first before posting here and they had numerous suggestions and I was hoping someone here could help me narrow it down lol.

Doragone
01-22-2011, 10:10 PM
http://caloriecount.about.com/ is the one I use and like Fit Day has a weight loss chart and if you use their toolbar, you can see right in your browser how far along the calorie count for the day you are as well as how many pounds you've already lost. They also show complete nutritional analysis of what you've eaten so like for me, i can include more potassium, I'm always low in that element. Good luck PageLynn and all you b-luesers!!!!

Dora

babygrant
01-22-2011, 10:57 PM
Things have been crazy here. Lots of activities throughout the week and no time to spend on the computer. Hope you all had a good week. I got a 4 lb weight loss! :carrot:

vdander24
01-22-2011, 11:50 PM
Hey Team, Just wanted to give everyone an update. I was feeling pretty sick until Thursday, and then I was pretty busy. To make a long story short, I am probably going to post a gain tomorrow. I was going to use one of my freebies, but after reading BigMid's post on accountability, I figured I should be honest. I am getting back on track, and hope to post a better loss next week.
Congrats to Babygrant, Bobbolink, and Doragone for the losses! Great Job!

Pagelynn - I am calorie counting, and believe it or not, it is pretty freeing. I don't feel like anything is "restricted" I just have to make choices. Good luck!

Bigmid
01-23-2011, 02:36 AM
Hi everyone I'm lying in bed ready to go to sleep and just wanted to say good night and don't forget to weigh in tomorrow.

Eyes are closing so I will post more in the morning:)

dream710
01-23-2011, 02:45 AM
Page-I'm a calorie counter and I use livestrong. It allows you to post your intake, your exercise, you can keep a journal, it provides charts to help track your progress, and theres articles about diet and exercise. I would suggest you try out a couple of the websites suggested and find what works best for you.

Vander-glad to hear your starting to feel better.

Baby, Bobbi, Purple, Dora-Congrats on the lbs. lost :carrot:

gvn-I love yoga! It's very relaxing and helps me destress, not to mention it helps loosen tight muscles. I hope you enjoy it. Your dip sounds yummy!

ty-doing what makes you happy, will help you stick with it in the end.

Today I went to the new body pump launch at the y. Not sure if it was because I increased the weight I was lifting or if it was the combinations we did, but I've never sweated so much, it felt great!! Tonight DD and I played Just Dance II on the Wii. It was fun, I never imagined I would be so outta breath playing a video game. It got me thinking that maybe I should get Zumba for the Wii, does anybody own this game? Is it worth buying?

KimberlyP
01-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Hi Everyone!

I'm a little late getting over here, I've been so busy lately that I completely forgot the BLC started!

I don't want to disappoint everyone with my weekly weigh ins but since I'm closer to goal my weighloss has slowed down quite a bit. I've lost almost 100lbs and it seems I've been struggling more than ever these past few weeks. Last week I lost 5.6lbs and I honestly believe it was due to stress because I was taking a huge exam which I ended up failing. I gained 3.2 of that back and while I was a little disappointed I should have expected a gain because my eating went back to normal. I'm going to work really hard this week at the gym and hopefully I'll see some results at my Wednesday weigh in.

Bobbolink
01-23-2011, 09:24 AM
Happy Sunday Blue Team, hope everyone's weigh in is good!

TooManyDimples
01-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Hey ladies. I haven't been on the site much this last week. We found out on really short notice that my husband could have a slot at Air Assault school (he's in the army) so we spent Wed through 2 am this morning getting him ready for it. It was a busy week, but I still managed to have a decent loss this morning so I'm happy about that. I hope everyone had a great weekend and a great weighin!

PageLynn
01-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the advice on the calorie counting sites. I think for now I'm going to do a combo of CC and WW til I can figure out which is best for me and until I can get a HR monitor. I will track points and calories just to see what I'm taking in.
Good Luck everyone on your weigh ins!

Bigmid
01-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Hi pagelynn - I'm doing the same I'm just learning about the new WW program so I am tracking point and calories on 2 different apps on my phone. So far the calorie counting (although it has me at a high intake) seems to be working. I think I will track both for at least another month then decide.

Well I had a loss yesterday and it stuck for this mornings WI......WOOHOO so that is good news as I hadn't seen a loss all week until yesterday.

The sun is shining here so a good day all around. I have so much to do it's hard to know where to start. Were putting our house up for sale and need to start decluttering. I'm a pack rat so this could be hard.

I've seen Zumba for xbox but not the Wii. This is the second time I'm hearing about it and I have been looking for one. If anyone knows where I could buy one (in Canada) please let me know. I like dream710 would also like to know if it's any good.

Bobbolink
01-23-2011, 01:16 PM
I haven't been doing any snooping on the red team but I did take a look at the weigh in so far on our team and it's looking good!

PageLynn
01-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Well I am down to 197.2 again. Seems eating all my activity points was a good thing. Now let's hope it stays going down. LOL

Bigmid: Its nice to see someone else doing what I plan lol. I am just concerned with straight calorie counting I may not look at the overall health or may be too time consuming for me. I'll figure something out lol. I do the Zumba DVDs at home and I love them. I haven't gotten the game though so no advice there.

Mercy03
01-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Hi pagelynn - I'm doing the same I'm just learning about the new WW program so I am tracking point and calories on 2 different apps on my phone. So far the calorie counting (although it has me at a high intake) seems to be working. I think I will track both for at least another month then decide.

Well I had a loss yesterday and it stuck for this mornings WI......WOOHOO so that is good news as I hadn't seen a loss all week until yesterday.

The sun is shining here so a good day all around. I have so much to do it's hard to know where to start. Were putting our house up for sale and need to start decluttering. I'm a pack rat so this could be hard.

I've seen Zumba for xbox but not the Wii. This is the second time I'm hearing about it and I have been looking for one. If anyone knows where I could buy one (in Canada) please let me know. I like dream710 would also like to know if it's any good.

Check out Amazon.com.Plenty of Zumba for wii new and used.

NancyO
01-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Morning Team,

Lost another pound this week, was hoping for more, but if I can keep losing 1 a week, that would be awesome. I just wish I was back in the 180s again. Maybe next week. :)

I don't have Zumba for the Wii, but I have the Gold's Gym Dance Workout, and I really like it. I've got a GoWear Fit and yesterday I burned 350 calories in 20-25minutes using it.

drinkypants
01-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Awesome job so far ladies! Nancy, I relate to hoping for more of a loss. I just have to do like you did, and see the weight I did lose as an awesome thing.

@bobbi - I bought my mom the 2011 Crabby Maxine box calender. She lives on the other side of the country.. so hopefully she gets it in the mail soon. I am pretty sure she will love it. Also, great job @ losing 2 more pounds!

Narnia99
01-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Hi everyone :)
I honestly thought I would have to post a gain for this week, but I am happy to say that I lost 1 pound. I'm still not feeling great, so I wasn't completely on plan, but I didn't comfort eat so that is a big step for me. I'm getting so sick of not feeling good, but not feeling totally sick either. It's almost how I felt like when I had morning sickness :eek: However, I know I'm not pregnant. Anyway, hopefully this week I'll feel more like myself.

I need to get caught up on a lot of posts, so I'll try to do that this afternoon.

vdander24
01-23-2011, 05:24 PM
I stepped on the scale this morning, and decided I was going to post no matter what. Well, the news is that I am at 260.6.... so, roughly the same. I should be back to full steam. I am going 100% this week, and see what happens. I have been probably doing 80% if I am being honest, even before I was feeling sick. That means sticking to my calorie allotment, drinking ALL my water, and excercising every day! Here's to a great week!

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WITH LOSSES THIS WEEK! Way to go Blue team!

Cape Breton Chick
01-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Hey there everyone... I wish i could make it here more often to post, although i do pop in everyday. Things at work are so very hectic right now.. with staff being out sick and trying to find replacement staff who are qualified, and taking on all of the accounting.. o my yea.. I am stressed lol
I am so impressed with how well everyone is doing and how determined everyone sounds.. it is uplifting. I am trying to eat as well as I can, as I am still waiting for my Weight Watchers start up kit to arrive in the mail, I contacted the seller through ebay and was informed that it was shipped on january 10th, so I am hoping it will be here sooner then later...
I hope everyone has a fantasic week ahead and i am going to try to be here more often.. and actually post.. lol not just lurk :)

wen
01-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Hey Angela, I'm trying the same thing with WW Points Plus, on my own. I started Jan 1st, bought my packet on Ebay as well.

First time I've tried WW. It has been challenging, but I like it. It lets me eat what I want, just less of it and it makes me write it all down. I'm not a big eater, but I realized I must have been eating more than I should anyway. Soda and sweets were my issues. I've replaced those sweets with fruit and incorporated more veggies into my diet along with exercise. I was very hungry the first week, but now find it easy to stay on track. I'm taking measurements as well...I find that when I don't lose weight, I have lost inches.

I hope you like it and do well!!! Let me know what you think once you get started.

Good luck Blue Team! I'm on the Red team, but wish all of you luck!!

Muffentop
01-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Congratulations to all the losers this week... your truly an inspiration!

I've been hearing a lot of good things about the new Weight Watchers program. I didn't realize that you could sign up for it via ebay... but I think I'll look into it. I would much prefer to do it that way. I'm too shy to actually attend the meetings, which is why I've never tried them yet.

Well, have a great week Blue Team!

mumtoliam
01-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Don't be shy about the meetings Muffentop.

I joined in early December because I HAD to do something - I have been on Jenny Craig in the past and found it too expensive. Anyway, I sat quietly at the first two meetings just to take it all in.

At Christmas, I was really good Christmas Day, but ate all the chocolates I got given in the next two days. I reluctantly went to my WW meeting the Wednesday after Christmas, and I felt really bad. I gained 1.2kg. But when I sat in the meeting, the leader asked us to talk about Christmas and one lady started saying how she ate a whole 600mL carton of cream in a day. And another ate a whole tin of biscuits. And then I braved up to talk about my choc binge. The other ladies feel the same way I do, they have moments like I do. Its getting back on plan afterwards that is most important, and the meetings are accountability and support plus sometimes friendship as a bonus.

At Jenny Craig my personal advisor was too perfect, she gave the pep talk that was needed but made it feel like I was the only one who failed. Being in a group with half a dozen people who fail and pick themselves up is more inspiring.

I am finding the WW Propoints working. I can't believe that I can have ice cream and wine. I havent felt like I am dieting yet, but I am losing weight!