Biggest Loser Challenges - Red Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 2 (1/17-1/23)

shan84
01-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Continue on to week 2. Don't forget to weigh in. Watch for results to be posted in the next day or two.

Nixmom
01-16-2011, 06:55 PM
Hey teamies!

I thought I would sneak in and get my weeks indiscretions posted at the rear end of the week one thread.... I missed it by moments :D

So I will confess here - purge the poison- and start fresh! I smoked ALL WEEKEND. I ate like a mad woman. Seriously no control AND even believe I told my willpower to shut up (out loud) as I ate Lucky Charms at 11:30 last night. I am over it and can't wait for the sun to rise tomorrow on my fresh start! No smoking, and back to the food plan I know works for me.

Looks like you ladies have been busy and working hard! Rainbow may have actually earned virtual pompoms and a megaphone for our team! Love it!

Gonna go back and check out the c25k link. I think I will join the ranks of the chicks gettin off the couch and get my body moving. I have decided to focus on a week at a time rather than plan out my weight loss on a spread sheet into 2012 :^:. Works much better to actually move - although I do adore my spreadsheets. Have already posted my weight, set up last chance and food journal posts!

So here's to kicking off a fresh week, with reborn enthusiasm and a desire to succeed! More rock and less rolls ladies! Here we go!

wendychic
01-16-2011, 07:30 PM
This week will be challenging as I will be a single mom. Hubby is going out of town and I have a full week with kids sports and workouts. I just went grocery shopping and have myself set up for success with fresh choices already to go in baggies. Good luck this week Red Team!!!!

shan84
01-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Each Sunday night when new threads for the next week are posted, the previous week's threads are closed by the team leader. Please continue your chats into this thread for week 2.

peanutt
01-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Hey Red Team!

I'm looking forward to seeing all the results from week 1. I think we did great!

Kris: A big part of changing our habits is acknowledging what needs to be changed. Sounds like you've got a good plan moving forward. Good luck and keep us posted on how your week goes!

Wendy: Great job getting yourself setup for success this week!

I went to the running store this afternoon and picked up a total face shield to be able to walk/jog even in this crummy winter weather. Now, if people would just get out and shovel their walks after the weekend snow then I should be able to get back to my jogs.

Wild Vulpix
01-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Hey girls! I hope you all had a great week last week.

I got really sick two nights ago, involving a lot of throwing up and junk. It SUCKED. I'm still afraid to eat and I have practically no appetite. I've been drinking a lot of orange juice, but that's about it. I had subway yesterday, and a tiiiiny amount of chinese food today. I really really just do NOT want to eat.

Angie
01-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Hi all :)

Looks like some great weigh ins so far -- way to go red team!

Nixmom -- Don't beat yourself up. Congrats on making a fresh start tomorrow!

Wendychik -- Good luck single-mom'ing it this week. I like to get some meal prep done in advance too when I'm on my own.

Peanutt -- Sounds like you are committed to running -- kudos to you!

Wild V - Hope you feel better soon! Chinese food when your tummy upset is brave!

lavieboheme73
01-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Looks like you ladies have been busy and working hard! Rainbow may have actually earned virtual pompoms and a megaphone for our team! Love it!

Darn...I have no virtual pompoms or megaphones...would a badge do?

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx96/lavieboheme73_2009/rainbowsmilesbadge.jpg

Seriously, honey...we love all the positive vibes and encouragement! Keep doing what you do...and thank you so much from all of us! :hug:

CourtneyDaisey
01-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Everyone did so well with week 1! I am so proud of every single person on this team! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: GO RED TEAM!!!!!

Now, on to Week 2. Remember from the show that Week 2 is always a tough one for the contestants. I am sure it will not be an easy week for us either. So everyone stick with your plan, get in that exercise, and let's keep dropping those pounds!!!!!

This one's definitely going to be a challenge for me. My husband is closing three nights this week. And since we're down to one car for now, that means no gym since I'll have to pick up our daughter from day care. I'll have to get in my exercise at home this week! Walk Away The Pounds DVD and Wii, here I come!!!!! :D

shan84
01-16-2011, 09:09 PM
We had 11+ freebies used this week. Please don't forget to weigh in before Sunday nights at 10pm AST. If you don't know the time zone, google it or post your weight before Sundays.

After the team leader has edited your post using a freebie, you cannot change it. Thanks. This keeps everyone on both teams following the same rules.

Good job red team for all of your losses. Results will come soon.

MadamButterfly
01-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Shan, thanks for the info I think I did it right as when I double checked it the new numbers were there . . . so I guess you are like the house mother, trying to keep all the chick-a-dees on the right path . . .

I can't wait to see the numbers . . . I think we did really well, I peeked at the Blue team's numbers and they seemed to do pretty well, BUT I think we did better . . . ;)

We don't eliminate anyone, Do we???

and now I know we start a new chat thread each week and we just edit and save our new weight . . . hmmmmmmmm so much to learn and so much FUN

CONGRATULATIONS to all those who lost and hang in there to all the others . . . this is a NEW week . . . time to get ourselves in gear :carrot:

:hug: to everyone

Bette k
01-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Hi Red Team,
Like so many of you I have have fallen to temptation this weekend, I ate 2 donuts this morning. I have to admit to a terrible weakness when it comes to baked goods. I have to bake brownies for tomorrow, and I'm waiting till the last minute. They are for a funeral from Church and I said I would bring something. I will get them out of the house first thing in the morning.

Nixmom- While I don't smoke I am addicted to diet pop and am giving it up again tomorrow so we can be support for eachother.

Wendychic- good luck witht he single parenthood this week.

Wild Vulpix- I hope you are feeling better soon.

Everyone else, have a great week, I plan on getting the eliptical moving this week along with quitting the pop this week.
Bette K

augeremt
01-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Hey all! It looks like there were some pretty nice losses this week. I've stayed within 213 lbs (+/- half a pound) for the past week. Bummer. I think it's a combination of TOM and water weight, so I'm excited to see what the scale says tomorrow. I was supposed to go for a run this afternoon but instead subbed in goal for a friend's indoor soccer game. I didn't burn nearly as many calories as I would've liked but at least I did something.

And then we headed to the bar for some drinks and cupcakes as a somewhat informal going away party for a teammate. I was super proud of myself because I didn't have any cupcakes and not a single beer. I just sat with my water bottle (it was right after the game so it didn't look weird) and ignored the 12 cupcakes that had been placed right in front of me. I gotta say, I chose my seat poorly.

I really did want to grab a beer with the soccer gals but since it takes about three days for my weight to stabilize after boozing, I didn't want to have to wait that long to see how much I've lost this past week. I've been all wonky since Wednesday because of TOM and then a birthday party on Friday so I'm getting a bit impatient. I want to know the number!

Turning down the cupcakes was a somewhat non-issue because I don't really like them in the first place. The struggle is listening to the voice that says that and ignoring the desire to eat flour and sugar (a great combination, I must say, but horrible for so many reasons). And I finally did it. That's been my problem this time around. But I'm back to the point where I realize that one cupcake is not worth it at all. Yay progress!

wendychic - Wow, you seem very prepared and determined to make this week go smoothly. You got it, girl!

Nixmom - I'm all about spreadsheets as well! I have my exercise tentatively planned out until June. Not specific workouts, but days I will be doing particular things, like run this day and swim another day. I did give myself a lot of flexibility so it pretty much changes every week, but it's nice to see what I need to do and when, especially since I have a couple of specific goals I'd like to meet fitness-wise and I know for sure now when I can afford to give myself a rest day and when I REALLY need to push myself out the door because there's not room to make it up later.

As for C25K, it seems like we have a bunch of C25Kers in this group! I just restarted a similar program but with a slightly longer distance so I may be joining your ranks of runners soon. Which link are you talking about?

peanutt - Running in Alberta? In the winter? You're brave. I'm thinking of investing in a face shield as well once I eventually get to longer jogs because I'm beginning to feel my face slowly freeze after 30 minutes outside. Not pleasant. And I hear you about those sidewalks! It's so much harder and scarier, especially once it all ices over. By that point my walk/job turns into an obstacle course/balance beam exercise. Stay warm and safe!

Wild Vulpix - Yikes, that sounds miserable :( I really hope you're feeling better because that cannot be pleasant.

CourtneyDaisey - Thanks for the words of encouragement for the team! And the pompoms!

Bette k - Those brownies are deadly. And their delicious smell fills up the house with sweetness. Ahh...I can taste them now. Ok, enough of that. Stay strong!

-Kasia

shan84
01-16-2011, 10:59 PM
The following people used their first freebie this week:

Terapet
ErinJo04
Fluffydivah29
donnakayee
MonteCristo
MsVegan00
HotChildInTheCity
kittycarlson
tinabinab
NBaxter2512
GreenTeaYum
KoriHallelujah

Results will be posted by the blue team leader in a sticky thread after both teams totals are finished.

I'm going to try to do more personals this week. With everything going on right now its going to be rough, but I do want you to know I support all of you and I'm here to cheer you on too.

Today I'm heading to the dentist for a possible root canal which will effect what I eat for this week. I'm going to make sure I get more exercise in this week no matter what. I haven't been wearing my BodyMedia Fit because it scratched/burned my skin (which has never happened before), but the skin is still not healed enough for me to start wearing it again.

Anyways, good luck for week 2 red team!!! GO YOU!!!

shan84
01-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Well, we still have to wait to hear from the blue team, but here are our results for week one.

GO RED

Total lbs and percentage lost: -137.19lbs, -1.11% :bravo: :grouphug:

Biggest Loser:
Sindaena, -7.6lbs, -4.56% :celebrate: :congrat:

Honorable Mentions:
BeautyandtheBeast, -7.4lbs, -4.54% :carrot:
IceQueen, -11lbs, -4.12% :carrot:
Jaytee, -9lbs, -4.01% :carrot:
Some very impressive numbers from some other people as well so special recognition to chickadee dee dee, and Desidoo. Way to go everyone!!!

peanutt
01-16-2011, 11:27 PM
Wow, WTG Red Team! It'll be so exciting to see how much weight we lose as a team by the end of the challenge.

Congrats Sindaena!! And WTG to all the honorable mentions and everyone else posting a loss this week! Keep up the great work!!

Bigmid
01-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Congratulations Red Team you did awesome this first week and you won this weeks challange.
Keep it up you all did very well, have a great week 2

Results thread is posted:)

DesiDoo
01-17-2011, 12:25 AM
WAY TO GO RED TEAM!!! EVERYONE DID A GREAT JOB IN WEEK ONE! LETS KEEP THE MOMENTUM GOING INTO WEEK TWO!!!:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::c heer::cheer:

skinnycow126
01-17-2011, 12:33 AM
Hi everyone! I didn't post in last week's thread because I had a bunch of deadlines creep up at work, but I am planning on being more involved going forward.

To introduce myself, my name is Rebecca, I am 23 (soon to be 24 in 9 days), and I work for a major magazine based in Washington, DC.

I am following Weight Watchers (I attend weekly meetings). I am very good at staying on plan for eating, but I am very lazy about exercising. I have recently joined a health club with a pool and plan on swimming daily, but so far it has been so so.

I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone as we support each other in this weight loss challenge.

Great job last week everyone! Let's keep it going this week!

ThinningVegan
01-17-2011, 02:37 AM
Way to go Red Team! I'm just an honorary member so my stuff does not count but I am very happy to be here for a challenge and for support! You are all amazing and I am feeling VERY pumped up for week 2.

JayTee
01-17-2011, 08:41 AM
WAY TO GO FELLOW REDS!!!!!!!
Pound by pound we will take Blue Team down again this week!
Suddenly I'm feeling all Rulon.

augermet--way to pass on the beer and cupcakes! I could pass the cupcakes, but the beer...no way. My celebrating Chicago Bears play over the weekend will require a few two-a-day workouts this week.

BetteK--I can smell those brownies too.

Shan84--thank you for being our fearless leader. You were so quick with the results and all. Thank you thank you for your time and encouragement!

p.s. sorry my posts look so dull, i don't know to add all those bouncy icons and flare. I'm an old dog unable to learn new tricks so I'll just have to go with all caps to shout encouragement...

WORK OUT AND STAY STRONG IN WEEK 2!!!!!

chickadee dee dee
01-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Hi red team :)

Sorry I've been MIA the past couple of days. The results are AWESOME!! Everyone did great, WAY TO GO RED!!

This weekend was wayyy off plan for me :( DH and I usually have one "bad" meal on Saturday, but it extended into Sunday as well :?: BUT, I'm back on plan today and plan to stay that way for the week.

Also, our heart rate monitors should be coming in the mail today, so I'm excited about that!

Peanutt- Is that a shih tzu with you in your profile pic? I have one too! :) I love him to pieces, lol. They have such GREAT personalities.

I hope everyone has an on-plan day! :)

MadamButterfly
01-17-2011, 09:08 AM
OH MY GOODNESS
WE MELTED AWAY

548 STICKS OF BUTTER!!!

NOW THAT'S A LOTTA BUTTER

CAN WE MELT 600+ IN WEEK 2???

I THINK SOOOO!!!!!

CanadaMel
01-17-2011, 09:33 AM
WTG fed team! What a great first week.
Keep up the good work and let's get those bodies moving.

ronan
01-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Well done Red team! I am so proud of all of you. I love that those ladies who indulged have flung off the negativity and are getting right back on it. You can do it! Woo hoo!

ladyinweighting
01-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

I am working on my last 5 lbs to meet my 2011 goal. My weight losses during this challenge will not be large - lost only 1 lb in Week 1. I hope this will not hold our red team down.

My goal with this challenge is to lose the 5 lbs - get down to 145 - and hold it there until 4/10 (the day before my birthday). I have been trying to lose these 5 lbs for 3 years! I am hoping that this challenge will get me to my goal. Question - will this work against the team points?

Congratulations teamies - GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn

lavieboheme73
01-17-2011, 11:52 AM
I love this sticks of butter concept! "Eight sticks of butter" sounds WAAAY cooler than "2 pounds"! My goal for the week shall be less melted butter on my food, more melted butter on my scale!

CourtneyDaisey
01-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Y wato go to Sindaena and all of our honorable mentions! :cheer: I am so proud of all of you! Woo hoo!

rainbowsmiles
01-17-2011, 12:39 PM
:coach: WEEK 1: COMPLETE
YOU THINK THIS IS OVER NOW???
YOU THINK YOU GET TO REST???
FUGETABOUTIT!!!!

WEEK TWO
that dreaded week....???
WHAT?? DREADED???
WE ARE THE RED TEAM...THE MIGHTY MIGHTY RED TEAM!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

WE WELCOME WEEK 2!!
WE ARE GONNA ROCK WEEK 2!!
WHY???
:grouphug:BEACAUSE WE ARE A TEAM:grouphug:
:grouphug:THAT BELIEVES IN EACH OTHER!!:grouphug:

NOW...WE NEED A RED TEAM MANTRA...

A mantra is a phrase that is repeated either out loud or silently to yourself with the goal of helping you achieve something. In other words, a mantra is a positive way to verbalize what you want. In the case of losing weight, an inspirational mantra can help keep you on track and focused on positive rather than negative thoughts.

:coach:CALLING ALL READ TEAM MEMBERS TO SEND IN YOUR BEST MANTRA SUGGESTION...AND THEN WE AS A TEAM CAN DECIDE!!!

WHATS YOUR MOTIVATION MANTRA????

peanutt
01-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Hi red team :)

Sorry I've been MIA the past couple of days. The results are AWESOME!! Everyone did great, WAY TO GO RED!!

This weekend was wayyy off plan for me :( DH and I usually have one "bad" meal on Saturday, but it extended into Sunday as well :?: BUT, I'm back on plan today and plan to stay that way for the week.

Also, our heart rate monitors should be coming in the mail today, so I'm excited about that!

Peanutt- Is that a shih tzu with you in your profile pic? I have one too! :) I love him to pieces, lol. They have such GREAT personalities.

I hope everyone has an on-plan day! :)

He's a shih tzu-bichon cross, but he looks and acts most like a shih tzu. He's got a longer nose and legs than most shih tzus, but otherwise looks just like one! They really do have wonderful personalities and temperaments.

I love my heart rate monitor! I found out on the weekend that the machines at the gym pick up the transmission from the chest strap which was kind of cool.

YWeight
01-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Wow....you ladies knocked it out of the park this week. I need to step it up if I want to compete.

Well done !

shan84
01-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Hope everyone's week is getting off to a good start. I had my root canal done yesterday...yikes! 4 roots on one tooth...pain today...a little tired...but ready to go nonetheless.

Rainbow- My mantra came from one my mother and sister have used for many years and we all have it written in lipstick on the upper corner of our bathroom mirrors (or we have a big sign next to the mirror)..."I'm happy, healthy, and terrific!" Say it three times every morning and every evening..and even during the day if your having a rough moment. It totally works!!

CourtneyDaisey
01-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Rainbowsmiles - My mantra is a quote I heard from a magician named Kevin Spencer who came and visited my college when I was there eons ago. He said...

Even if you reach for the moon and miss, you'll still be among the stars!

So, it's not always about winning or being #1, but it's about shooting for the top. Even if you don't make it to the top, you'll still have done your best and are therefore a winner! :D

I absolutely love that quote!

BellaLucia
01-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Skinncow, I live in MD, we ought to meet up one of these days!

BellaLucia
01-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. I'm getting my water in and eating right!

TERAPET
01-17-2011, 08:06 PM
I used a freebie yesterday. I am just having the worst time bouncing back from the holidays and then sitting home for a week during Atlanta's ice storm was really bad for both my diet and exercise plans. I need my structure. Today was much better, thank goodness!

I don't have any mantra suggestions, although I do tape motivational stuff to my fridge-most of which I find on this site. I currently have "Willpower is remembering what you really want."

Aclai4067
01-17-2011, 08:31 PM
I don't exactly have a mantra, but one of my favorite quotes (which someone on this site has in their signature) is "I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl." -Red Hot Chili Peppers

JayTee
01-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Mantra???

"OMG, that's a lot of butter!!!"

I've been laughing about this and sharing it with other for days now.

wendychic
01-17-2011, 08:45 PM
I have a workout "club" of sorts that is a few of us from work. We run twice a week and strength train + cardio once a week. We call ourselves "T.U.F.F" Total ultimate fitness fun. We were suppose to be TIGHT "Totally Into Getting Hot Together" but since we work at an elementary school thought that might be inappropriate. LOL Our mantra is "The first is excuse is NO excuse". :) We are making shirts for our 5k run and that will be on the back along w/ our nicknames. We are trying to keep working out fresh so we won't get bored. It's great to be accountable with someone who you know is waiting on you in the cold and rain.

skinnycow126
01-17-2011, 08:58 PM
I hope everyone's doing well! We did so well last week, hopefully we can avoid the dreaded week two!

Tonight I learned the true difference between stuffed and satisfied. I was running late for work this morning so I skipped breakfast, forgot my water, and didn't bring enough food. I got home about three hours ago and have eaten up a storm. While I am still well within my allotted points for the day (a little under actually!), all the water and food has me uncomfortably full. I cannot believe I used to eat this much after work on a daily basis for years! No wonder I am overweight!

Everyone- I love the mantras. Keep them coming!

FoodObsessed- We should definitely meet up sometime! I am in MD frequently (although admittedly mainly Bethesda which barely counts) and actually attend my WW meetings in the state.

rainbowsmiles
01-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Mantra???

"OMG, that's a lot of butter!!!"

I've been laughing about this and sharing it with other for days now.

....thats TOO FUNNY!!! :D

DesiDoo
01-17-2011, 09:29 PM
I love the butter thing! It crack me up and makes me smile everytime!!!!

wendychic
01-17-2011, 09:42 PM
I love the butter mantra JayTee!!!! That is too funny!!!

rainbowsmiles
01-17-2011, 10:02 PM
:cheer:Rock On Red Team!!:cheer:

WE ARE RED...WE ARE UNITED...
WE ARE DETERMINED

so i was thinking all last week about needing a mantra...or a motto...something we can hold on to that can remind us of the journey we are on...no matter what each and every goal is, we all have a goal, a direction in which we want to go with an achievable obtainable result. We want to be responsible in our choices, our actions....we want to feel strong and in control...we want to feel powerful....we want to keep our eye on the direction we need to go...WE ARE RED...so i came up with this...
R~E~D

R ~ Responsibly
E ~ Empowering
D ~ Direction

responsibly: well planned and subject to being held accountable to
empowering: to invest with power and authority
direction: the purpose or orientation toward your goal that serves as your guide via motivation and focus

ONLY YOU CAN MAKE YOUR CHOICE A RED CHOICE!!
:sp:
...it made me think of a STOP SIGN....and when we get to a stop sign...we are to stop...take inventory of our surroundings...and make a well educated, empowered choice in the direction we need to go from that point forward....so this week....before you eat anything...look at the item of food and picture a STOP SIGN....A RED STOP SIGN...and ask yourself...
1. is this a responsible food to eat??
2. am i in full power over what i am about to eat...will this give me power...or drain me of my energy
3. will this food choice keep me on the path of my journey going in the direction that i want to go??

STAY RED TEAM!!! GO RED!!!
LET'S HAVE AN EMPOWERING 2ND WEEK

CourtneyDaisey
01-17-2011, 10:12 PM
I used a freebie yesterday. I am just having the worst time bouncing back from the holidays and then sitting home for a week during Atlanta's ice storm was really bad for both my diet and exercise plans. I need my structure. Today was much better, thank goodness!

Ditto that! I live just south of Atlanta and work right by the airport. I spent four days at home last week due to the ice storm. I truly feel your pain there! It's tough to stay on plan when you're stuck in the house.

DesiDoo
01-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Love It Rainbowsmiles!!!!!!

Nixmom
01-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Nixmom- While I don't smoke I am addicted to diet pop and am giving it up again tomorrow so we can be support for eachother.

Bette - I'm in! I smoked 5 today. I have to knock this crap off. I feel like I wake up having a pity party in the morning about having to be the first one up and out. I almost think I use it to procrastinate. So tomorrow morning - Tuesday - I'm in. WE HAVE TO CHECK IN THOUGH AND LOOK FOR EACH OTHERS POSTS! DEAL?
Nixmom - I'm all about spreadsheets as well! I have my exercise tentatively planned out until June. Not specific workouts, but days I will be doing particular things, like run this day and swim another day......
As for C25K, it seems like we have a bunch of C25Kers in this group! I just restarted a similar program but with a slightly longer distance so I may be joining your ranks of runners soon. Which link are you talking about?

Kasia - I soooo get you on the plan into the next millineum. I know exactly what my weight should be on my birthday losing 1% of body weight a week which is TOTALLY doable... if I would do it!!! The C25K link was posted by a couple of girls on the week 1 Last Chance workout thread for our team. I think one was www.c25k.com (http://www.c25k.com).
Way to go Red Team! I'm just an honorary member so my stuff does not count but I am very happy to be here for a challenge and for support! You are all amazing and I am feeling VERY pumped up for week 2.
Thinning- Everything about you being here counts! The weight is just a number and we will celebrate you as team success along with everyone else!

Skinnycow - Welcome!

..."Willpower is remembering what you really want."
Love it Terapet. And hit me as a mantra that I really need. I am borrowing this from you!

Happy Monday to all you other red teamers. I was a sodium consuming nervous wreck today. Smoked (bleck) and am floundering to figure out how I am going to manage to hit my goal. I won't give up though....look at all the support and hard fought battles here. Keep at it girls and lets push through this week together! You are all super inspiring!

IceQueen
01-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. I'm getting my water in and eating right!

I love that! I will try to remember that EVERYTIME I pass a McDonalds!!!!:D
Way to go Red Team!!!

MadamButterfly
01-18-2011, 12:53 AM
YWeight: You do not need to step it up to compete, but step up and play with us, move and eat and drink (H2O) and have a good time. We are here to: MELT THE BUTTER AWAY!! So just join in and have some fun, move more, eat less (or at least stop at that stop sign and make a good choice.

Thinning: Your losses DO COUNT!!!!

OK everyone seems pretty geared up for week 2 . . . I hope I can keep up with everyone, if not, I'll bring up the rear (UGH, no pun intended)

We will melt the butter, We WILL melt the butter, WE WILL MELT THE BUTTER!!!

JayTee
01-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Madame Butterfly--thank you so much for the original butter imagery. Like several of our teammates that whole, "...that's a lotta butter" makes me smile every day. My personal week 2 mantra: "Bye bye BUTT-er"

RainbowSmiles--you're the best motivator ever!

To those who pointed out the C25K program, thanks for the info. The next t-shirt I have made will have that cute no couch potato logo on it.

:coach: KEEP AT IT REDS!!!!!

lavieboheme73
01-18-2011, 10:47 AM
I have to admit, I haven't always been the greatest at getting physical activity in, but yesterday was a pretty active day for me. I was actually coaxed into playing Twister with my kids...scary thought, but I did it...not so well, but the point is, I did it!:dizzy:

Then we turned on the music choice channel and got our dance on...a favorite activity around here. :carrot:

And later that evening, when the kids decided to go bowling, hubby and I went, too...I haven't bowled in forever! It was so much fun!!

Come to think of it, there might be something to this whole "activity is fun" concept! :dance:

With any luck, there will be more days like this on the horizon, and it'll all become butter on the scale. :smug:

rainbowsmiles
01-18-2011, 03:13 PM
My personal week 2 mantra: "Bye bye BUTT-er"

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
totally love that image!! bye bye BUTT-er!!!

rainbowsmiles
01-18-2011, 03:25 PM
:love::love:
:coach: HEY RED TEAM....
YOU'RE ALL INVITED
THIS WEEK
:cheer2:TO A LINE DANCE COMPETITION!!!:cheer2:
DATE: JAN. 18, 2011....UNTIL JAN. 23, 2011

ITS CALLED
"THE SLIDE"
:woohoo:

SLIDE THOSE TICKERS!!!!!

....shout it out loud....like they do on that TV show..
MOVE THAT BUS!! MOVE THAT BUS!!

SLIDE THOSE TICKERS....
SLIDE THOSE TICKERS!!!

CLAP YOUR HANDS NOW...AND SAY
I'M GONNA SLIDE MY TICKER!!

:love:
WHOOOOP WHOOOOP
BOOYAH!!!

:cheer:ROCK ON RED!!:cheer:
YOU'RE AWESOME!!

YWeight
01-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Hey Hey Everyone....Happy Tuesday.

So, I just sat through a meeting where not one person took responsibility for what they do. OK, that's a bit of an over simplification and on a really high level, but for me that is what it all boiled down to.
I am still fuming....but I need to make this work for me. How about this? Where would the difference be if I came out of that meeting and scarfed down an entire bag of Dorito's and blamed my co-workers for making me so mad that I needed to eat the Dorito's? None....there is no difference, so step up, get over it, take responsibility for yourself and your actions and let them rock on with their bad selves.

OK, sorry...thanks for hanging in there with me while I vented. All is well here, I think I have the eating under control. Like so many others it is the exercise, which I love but always find a reason not to do....I think I will steal the "The 1st excuse is NO excuse" mantra. I'll be alone on Friday and most of Saturday, so I WILL clean out the garage and get back into my daily workouts (we turned the garage into a mini gym last summer, and have since just allowed the "garage gremmlins" to reclaim some of the space).

Keep up the fantastic work everyone....I'm off to heat up my soup.

lavieboheme73
01-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Line dance competition..."Move that bus"...rainbow, I kind of love you, for real! I'm all for it!!

Rated
01-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Hey everyone

I didn't get a chance to post last week since I was so busy. Last week wasn't that great for me I tried but I went out for dinner twice and didn't get in a single workout. I am trying to use my school gym more and I have already been twice this week which feels good even though I have an internal argument everytime about if I am going to go or not. But so far my healthy side has been winning. I hope everyone else is off to a good start for week two also.

I am also in love with comparing weight loss to butter it makes me smile everytime I read that.

BlueEyes65
01-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Hello fellow red team.:wave:

Congrats to all the losers this week! Job well done:cp:

I'm going over to the calorie counter boards and get some new ideas of some meals plans to keep me within my calorie range.I really need to plan ahead for meals or I find myself going over:nono:

Keep up the good work- You gals are really rocking this challenge!

Gotta fly and get some things done before Biggest Loser starts... I'm liking this season so far. Anyone else watching?

CharlieJune
01-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Hello All. So many of you inspire me on this forum and I have actually been repeating your wise words. I've went around all week telling everyone I've lost 32 sticks of butter. Now THAT's a lot of butter! (Thanks MadameButterfly) and lately, when I've wanted to slip back into old ways and eat more than just a taste of chocolate, I've repeated a saying that someone (I'm sorry I can't remember who) has posted in their signature line, " I can eat anything I want, just not all in one day!"
Have an awesome evening, Everyone.

rainbowsmiles
01-18-2011, 08:20 PM
watching TBL....and quoting from Rulon....
:coach:

CHAMPIONS DON'T MAKE EXCUSES!!!!

I AM A CHAMPION!!
WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!

:cheer2:KEEP ON ROCKIN' RED TEAM!!:cheer2:

skinnycow126
01-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Happy Tuesday! I hope you all had great days! My scale broke this morning (could be the batteries, but I just changed them), so it's off to Target in the morning to get a new one.

TERAPET
01-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Today was another decent day for me. That makes two in a row. I even went to an extra class at the Y tonight.

There is lots of enthusiasm here. Awesome. Keep it up everybody. I know I want to be part of your winning week.

CourtneyDaisey
01-18-2011, 10:24 PM
BlueEyes65 - I watch TBL too. Wow, tonight was insane! I posted about it in the thread here.

I have to fess up. Today sucked really bad for me. It started out just fine, but I got super crazy hungry. By the time lunchtime arrived I thought my stomach was going to eat itself. When I went to the bank for lunch, I stopped by Arby's. Definitely NOT on my plan. It was fried and not vegan at all. Dinner was also not vegan. I am annoyed with myself. And on top of it all, while watching "The Biggest Loser" tonight I ate a brownie and drank a black cherry coke! :eek:

I really, really, REALLY need to get my head in the game AND my snacking and cravings for bad stuff under control. :( Sorry I blew it today team. Tomorrow is another day.

rainbowsmiles
01-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Today was another decent day for me. That makes two in a row. I even went to an extra class at the Y tonight.

There is lots of enthusiasm here. Awesome. Keep it up everybody. I know I want to be part of your winning week.

hey terapet.....lets make it a 3 day in a row :) whooooop whooooop!!!
so proud u went to an extra class!!! you are really rockin this week!!!

ThinningVegan
01-19-2011, 01:40 AM
So great to hear you are doing well. Everyone keep their focus and make each day count!

I turned down Mcdonalds today so I am pretty happy about that. I just finished working out even though I didn't want to so that's a bonus too!

TBL was insane tonight. I can't wait for next week. I'm off to shower and make a smoothie. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

chickadee dee dee
01-19-2011, 06:53 AM
I really, really, REALLY need to get my head in the game AND my snacking and cravings for bad stuff under control. :( Sorry I blew it today team. Tomorrow is another day.
Don't beat yourself up too much, it happens to everyone. Like you said, tomorrow's another day! It's not about slipping up every once in awhile, it's about getting back on the horse afterward. You can do it! :carrot:

Last 2 days have been on plan for me as well. A sales rep brought us cookies at work yesterday, and I didn't have any. I didn't even look at them. So I'm very proud of myself for that. Sweets/chocolate tends to be my downfall. Today's going to be a pretty busy day. I'm on day 2 of week 3 for the couch2 5k as well. Day 1 kicked my butt, but I made it through. Hopefully tonight it will be a little easier!

Hope everyone has a wonderful (and on plan) day! :)

MadamButterfly
01-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Hi everyone,

We are halfway through the week . . . we can make it

Terapet . . . I saw your post on the exercise thread . . . you are rockin it out girl

Courtney . . . life has it's ups and downs, so yesterday was not an up. start fresh today and bring it . . . you can't change yesterday so begin from where you're at and rock it out . . . I know you can do it!!!

Skinnycow - did you get a new scale???

Rainbow - like you said champions don't make excuses . . . so lets all be champions . . . and have a dance PARTY!! I'm ready for the slide!

laviebo - TWISTER, I haven't done that for years . . . yes activities are FUN!!! keep it up!!

Yweight - I hate that too, people where I work don't take responsibility for anything either, DRIVES ME NUTS!!! :rolleyes:

CharlieJune: it is a good visual isn't it (32 sticks of butter) That is a lotta BUTTER!! keep is melting away!!

Rated: Did you get to the gym? Just keep moving, I know YOU CAN DO IT!!

Blueeyes: if you find a good recipe, let me know. I don't look at the recipes anymore because I want to cook ALL of them . . . then there is WAY too much food around, but I am looking for a good soup recipe for the cold that is heading my way.

Everyone have a GREAT day. 4 days to weigh in . . . it's not too late to kick it in gear and MELT SOME BUTTER AWAY!!

CourtneyDaisey
01-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Thanks MadamButterfly and chickadee! :) Sometimes it really helps me to hear those encouraging words. I am doing well today so far!

Bette k
01-19-2011, 12:01 PM
Hi Red Team,
Iowa is about to enter the deep freeze this week, I just looked at the thermometer and it was 10 degreesF, and it's supposed to get well below zero most of the rest of the week. I know for some of you that's shorts weather, but I really can't stand the cold, it causes physical pain if I get too cold. I'm hoping this doesn't last very long. I just want to curl up and hybernate until it gets warm out.

Bette - I'm in! I smoked 5 today. I have to knock this crap off. I feel like I wake up having a pity party in the morning about having to be the first one up and out. I almost think I use it to procrastinate. So tomorrow morning - Tuesday - I'm in. WE HAVE TO CHECK IN THOUGH AND LOOK FOR EACH OTHERS POSTS! DEAL?

Quote:
Nixmom-Keep up the good work, I've been drinking pop, but today I run out and will switch to hot tea.

chickadee dee dee- Thanks for the good advise and reminder, I tend ot be too hard on myself and give up because I can't always be perfect so why try. You gave me something to hold on to.

Everyone else hang in there, it's a long slow trip so enjoy the ride and don't go in reverse. Have a great week!

Bette K

Bette k
01-19-2011, 12:03 PM
I almost forgot, Prevention magazine is having a contest, the prize is a home gym, if you want to enter go to the prevention web site and find the contest, you can enter once a day during January. I get reminders on facebook.

MonteCristo
01-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Sorry I haven't been around much...January has been a doozy. This is our extremely busy time at work (I hate overtime on salary, totally sucks!), our winter Bible study, and I'm moving out on my own! Except for Zumba & yoga twice a week I don't have time for any exercise...I'm going to have to focus harder on the food I guess!

rainbowsmiles
01-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Sorry I haven't been around much...January has been a doozy. This is our extremely busy time at work (I hate overtime on salary, totally sucks!), our winter Bible study, and I'm moving out on my own! Except for Zumba & yoga twice a week I don't have time for any exercise...I'm going to have to focus harder on the food I guess!

yeah,.....but YOU AREN'T GIVING UP!! SO WAY TO GO!!! its a hectic time...just remember that anything you do to treat yourself better is your own personal reward!!! HUG YOURSELF FOR POSTING TODAY!! YOU'RE AWESOME!!

JayTee
01-19-2011, 02:59 PM
Rainbowsmiles posted a great quote from Biggest Loser last night, "Champions don't make excuses!" There were a few more great lines from the show last night that kept me going today:

Everybody has a fighter inside them...PUSH!

Don't think...DO!

Who's going to step up to the plate this week?!?! WHO???

It's gut check time!

Make it a battle to make yourself better!

Give it your best everyday, give 100% everyday. Your team needs you!

So, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK LADIES!!! MOVE THAT BUS! MELT THAT BUTTER!

MrsVegan00
01-19-2011, 03:02 PM
I completely forgot about my weigh in! I can't believe it I've had so much stuff going on I'm sorry team!! I get off maternity leave on Sunday and I'm so stressed about work and figure my life out. Anyways I'm sorry I'll be here to weigh in on Sunday:)

Hungry4AChange
01-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Just popping in to say great job everyone and that I am doing my part on this end...I have been doing well with exercise and am slowly getting better at being more disciplined with my diet. My car wouldn't start yesterday...so I took that as a sign that I should be riding my bike...so I rode my bike to the chiropractor this morning...and then back home...I live in a very hilly city so I had a few hills that I walked up...Here's to week two being better than week one!

ronan
01-19-2011, 04:45 PM
Wow, what a supportive group! My goal is to lose 8 lbs by the time I go to Hawaii on the 31st. More than 1/2 way there! Keep up the good work ladies.

chickadee dee dee
01-19-2011, 05:32 PM
ugh, so I've eaten 6 cookies today. SIX!! WHY?! I'm upset with myself, and frustrated because I've been doing SO WELL this week with eating and exercise, and getting my water in, and vitamins. BUT, I'm going to the gym tonight once I'm done with work, and going to do my couch to 5k running program, which really works me. And I'm going to try and not eat much for dinner, maybe just a salad. And hopefully it'll even itself out. Ugh!!

rainbowsmiles
01-19-2011, 05:54 PM
ugh, so I've eaten 6 cookies today. SIX!! WHY?!

ok....so question #1. WHO BOUGHT THE COOKIES??? heehee throw them out!! feed the garbage disposal, or bury them in the backyard!! hahaha or give them away!! :)

my challenge to you: look up the total calorie content in the cookies...THEN...go to the gym and do whatever exercise is required to burn that amount of calories!!

then...the next time you EVEN THINK about eating a cookie that is not planned...you can remind yourself that it takes 30 mins riding an exercise bike at approx: 80 plus rpms covering 7 miles to burn about 250 calories!!

that is what keeps me staying as close to plan as possible hahaha

have a beautiful evening!! yeah its hump day whooop whoooop

augeremt
01-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Bette k - I wish you the best of luck with that weather. I don't know how below zero can be considered shorts weather. I'm from Southern California, but even living in Colorado for the past few years hasn't changed my view that anything below freezing is very very cold.

MrsVegan00 - Don't stress about the missed weigh-in. No worries! That's what the passes/freebies/whatever they're called are for. So let the weigh-in be the least of your worries.

Hungry4AChange - Awesome job with biking to the chiropractor instead of driving! Those hills can be a killer. I should probably be doing less driving and more riding...

I've been doing pretty well this week. I got out on a run on Monday (even though I was supposed to go biking and bailed on that) and yesterday I dragged myself to the gym at 6 am to go to my first masters swim class. It was exhausting but super fun. I added up all the laps later and it turns out I swam a mile! No wonder I was so exhausted! I haven't been in the pool in about six months so that explains the tiredness.

And today I somehow talked my roommate into going out for a run when it was dumping snow outside. I don't know what I was thinking, but it was absolutely beautiful, albeit a bit wet. I'm not sure I got too much out of it because I'm not tired at all but it had to be done and it was supposed to be an easy run anyways.

So yeah, food is spot-on, except for a moment of weakness last night (two unnecessary beers) and a can of Chef Boyardee for lunch today (the water weight from that sodium's probably going to stay with me for a few days...ugh) but other than that I've been cooking lean and staying away from junk.

Now I need to find the motivation to dig my car out of the snow to get a chicken for dinner tonight. We shall see how that goes.

Rated
01-19-2011, 07:07 PM
chickadee Don't worry about the cookies just remember tomorrow is a new day. I do like rainbows idea though of burning off the calories so next time you know they just aren't worth eating.

augeremt Good job on going running even in the snow. Now that is commitment! The masters swim club sounds fun I really want to sign up for one since I used to swim in high school. But I don't know if I can handle the early mornings and I think I want to build up my stamina more first.

I had another good day today. My eating was good except for one turtle chocolate but I stopped at one which is way better since I would normally grab 4 to 5. I really hate that there is still Christmas chocolate around my house!

But I went the the gym today and I had to drag myself there but I did it. I actually wore my gym clothes to class ( it was an 8am class so everyone was in sweats:) so I didn't stand out) so I had no excuse not to go. I have only been going to the gym/eating healthy for 3 days but I already feel more energized maybe it is just in my head but it is still nice.

lavieboheme73
01-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Well, I kinda messed up today, but I kinda did something good that doesn't necessarily negate it, but at least provided damage control I can be proud of!

Today was CRAZY busy...I had company orders going out the door, deliveries coming in at the same time, a billion emails to answer, and all before noon, because I had a scheduled appointment that would take up the rest of my day, plus there's another TERRIBLE snowstorm coming into town.

The first mistake I made was sitting down to take care of shipping and emails BEFORE I had breakfast...fast forward 3 hours, and I was still working on emails. Now, it was 11 o'clock and time to start getting ready for my appointment.

Did I stop for brunch, or even a snack?

I'm ashamed to say, no, I didn't.

Of course, the appointment ran longer than expected. I sucked down a Diet Coke, which may be the only reason I remained conscious. Long story short, as of 5 pm this evening, I had not consumed even 1 single solitary usable piece of nourishment. NOT ok. Not ok at all.

Now here's the up side:

Previously, having gone so long without eating would have been my ticket to go freaking CRAZY with calories...fat girl would have been on the phone to Pizza Hut, ordering up the large with extra everything and a side of hot wings. I did not do this tonight. I told my husband that I refused to let this temporary idiocy give me a reason to cause permanent idiocy, and I grilled myself some salmon for dinner, tossed in a side of sweet green peas, a flatbread piece with fat free butter, honey and cinnamon, and a little cup of cottage cheese, and I enjoyed every single gosh-darned bite!

I may still treat myself to a little snack later, depending on how I feel when it's time for bed, but "little" would be the operative word here. I'm using the logic that one often consumes very few calories when not feeling well, and usually, people don't die from it. Nor do we usually go running right back to eating everything in sight. So why would I do that now?

Tomorrow, I resolve to pay attention to myself and eat more regularly, but today, I am proud of the small victory that was not using a slip in the wrong direction as an excuse to seriously overcompensate.

From me to myself: You did good today, self. I'm so proud!

rainbowsmiles
01-19-2011, 08:16 PM
I grilled myself some salmon for dinner, tossed in a side of sweet green peas, a flatbread piece with fat free butter, honey and cinnamon, and a little cup of cottage cheese, and I enjoyed every single gosh-darned bite!

WHOOOOP WHOOOOOOP
I'M SOOOO PROUD OF YOU BO-LiCiOUS!!
you just showed extreme DIET MATURITY!!!
WAY TO GO!!
HUGSSS

:cheer2: KEEP ON ROCKIN' RED TEAM :cheer2:

BlueEyes65
01-19-2011, 09:20 PM
You gals are hard to keep up on for personals. SO with that , THANK YOU ALL for being here and giving everyone extra support!
I'm reading when I can and wish you all the best!

Today was an on plan day for me . Bkft- SK Ceral and 1 slice whole wheat toast with a smear :) of peanut butter. Lunch. turkey sandwhich on wheat...
One hr later I am starving already :(but was happy to find a nutri-grain bar in the glove box or I was heading to BK or KFC or McD's...

I wish more days of will power to be with me and YOU ALL--- (I usually. to be honest. don;t have much).:(
Supper was chicken breast and a salad:carrot:

BTW-- where is Shan, CanadaMel and Aclai ? Has anyone heard from them?

rainbowsmiles
01-19-2011, 09:26 PM
You gals are hard to keep up on for personals. SO with that , THANK YOU ALL for being here and giving everyone extra support!
I'm reading when I can and wish you all the best!

Today was an on plan day for me . Bkft- SK Ceral and 1 slice whole wheat toast with a smear :) of peanut butter. Lunch. turkey sandwhich on wheat...
One hr later I am starving already :(but was happy to find a nutri-grain bar in the glove box or I was heading to BK or KFC or McD's...

I wish more days of will power to be with me and YOU ALL--- (I usually. to be honest. don;t have much).:(
Supper was chicken breast and a salad:carrot:

hey blueeyes....
don't have much??
willpower??
:dust:
sure looks like you tapped into your inner
willpower today by NOT giving in and going
to BK, KFC or MCD's!! way to go...
oh and here is some extra for you
to use any time u need it!!
:dust: :dust: :dust:
:dust: :dust: :dust:

BlueEyes65
01-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Thanks Rainbow!!You Rock!!:hug::hug::hug:

skinnycow126
01-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Happy Wednesday guys!

I must say, when I signed up for this challenge, I wasn't so sure it would inspire me, but it really has motivated me to push myself!

Today I got a new scale! Much better than the last. Now I just need to stop obsessively weighing myself.

rainbowsmiles
01-19-2011, 09:33 PM
I had another good day today. My eating was good except for one turtle chocolate but I stopped at one which is way better since I would normally grab 4 to 5. I really hate that there is still Christmas chocolate around my house!

But I went the the gym today and I had to drag myself there but I did it. I actually wore my gym clothes to class ( it was an 8am class so everyone was in sweats:) so I didn't stand out) so I had no excuse not to go. I have only been going to the gym/eating healthy for 3 days but I already feel more energized maybe it is just in my head but it is still nice.

WOOOOHOOOO
....YOU HAD A GOOD DAY
....1 TURTLE instead of 5!!!
AND SWEATIN' AT THE GYM TOO!!!
YOU REALLY DID HAVE ONE AWESOME DAY
....RATED YOU ARE ONE AWESOME
RED TEAM PLAYER YOU!!
WHOOOP WHOOOOP!!!
:carrot:GET YOUR SWEATS ON!!!:carrot:

Angie
01-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Oh no, someone mentioned cookies, I've been wanting a chocolate chip cookie for 2 days now. Actually I've been wanting about 5 or 6 of them with a big glass of milk. Its TOM for me and I am having some sugar cravings...ugh.

Hope you are all holding strong!

rainbowsmiles
01-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Happy Wednesday guys!

I must say, when I signed up for this challenge, I wasn't so sure it would inspire me, but it really has motivated me to push myself!

Today I got a new scale! Much better than the last. Now I just need to stop obsessively weighing myself.

YEAH!!!! BEAUTIFUL SKINNYCOW....
YOU GOT A NEW SCALE!! :goodscale:
YOU SOOOO DESERVE TO HAVE ONE...
YOU ONE-DERFUL ONE-DERLAND-FABULOUS-CHIC YOU!!
go ahead...and enjoy your scales for a little while...
then just keep on doing what you've been doing...cause YOU'RE DOIN' IT!!
WOOHOOO

:cheer:ROCK ON RED!!:cheer:

CanadaMel
01-19-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm here (raises hand sheepishly). Thanks for wondering blue eyes. I only get to check in once maybe twice per day. It's great that everyone is SO chatty, and using each other for motivation & accountability. I love the mantra 'tomorrow is a new day'. I used to beat myselfup on a regular basis when I would fall off the wagon, but I now realize that there is no wagon to fall off, this is my new life & sometimes we don't make the beat choices, but that doesn't give us free reign to tailspin. It just means we dig our heels in and strat whe we left off.
Rainbowsmiles- were you ever a cheerleader? 'cause your spunk & enthusiasm is amazing.
I'm terrible at personals, so forgive the blanket comment- but keep up the great work Red Team!

BlueEyes65
01-19-2011, 11:36 PM
:hug:It's good to hear from you Mel

When I started this, 3 challenges ago you were here . I feel we followed the journey together(last one I couldn'nt follow through tho--.( Sorry Rainbow--I thought I had a GOOD EXCUSE ) Mel, you have figured it out and I'm happy for you. This time I'm going to get it...

You FLEW by me. and Terapet. she blew me away!

shan84
01-19-2011, 11:43 PM
I'm here too :coffee2:

As you know from last week life is in a tail spin right now and dealing with the stress of that and TOM...its almost Friday here and I can't wait. I'm doing horrible on the exercise front. Eating is good but I slipped up a few nights ago and ordered a medium pizza and ate it all by myself. Stupid thing to do, and I regretted it only moments in. But, I'm trying really hard to stay on track. I feel bloated and yucky and I know I have control over what I eat and how I feel and what I do with my time...I just haven't made any super awesome decisions that warrant a special post on here or anything. But I promise I'm here everyday. Reading all your posts and cheering for you too! :cheer: I'm hanging in day by day right now. One day at a time...:)

:goodluck: :exercise:

shan84
01-19-2011, 11:44 PM
BlueEyes- Your so sweet!

BlueEyes65
01-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Oh no, someone mentioned cookies, I've been wanting a chocolate chip cookie for 2 days now. Actually I've been wanting about 5 or 6 of them with a big glass of milk. Its TOM for me and I am having some sugar cravings...ugh.

Hope you are all holding strong!

Oh I do know what you are feeling:p I CRAVE chocolate during TOM!I NEVER give in tho;););):p

skinnycow126
01-20-2011, 12:40 AM
rainbowsmiles- your comments really are so uplifting. you really are keeping this team going! i hope you know that we all know you can do it too!!!

MadamButterfly
01-20-2011, 01:07 AM
I just got off work and thought I'd check the thread . . . Oh my i had to read 2 1/2 pages to catch up . . .

Bette K - BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, I'm on the Wisconsin/Minnesota line and I think they are calling for a high of 5 or something ridiculous . . . next week there is a day where the high is suppose to be -8 :yikes: I am off work for two days, and plan not to even go outside until Saturday. I went to the store after work and stocked up on a few veggies I was low on and tomorrow is soup making day . . . I love soup in the winter

Skinnycow - I'm so glad you got a new scale . . . I too weigh myself obsessively: when I wake up, after I exercise, after my shower, after I get my clothes on (I like to see how much they weigh, LOLOL), at night, when I get home from work . . . I am looking for a twelve step program or at least a thread that deals with my OCD and scales :dizzy: . . . I've even had the scale for a whole month and I get on that dang thing every time I walk in the bathroom. Oh my . . .

WOW, I think almost everyone is having their TOM, could it be because the moon is full??? I was craving pizza Sunday night but suffice to say the :jeno: did NOT win, at least this time . . . I settled for a snack bag of mini :m: . . . which is ok as I had NO :chockiss: that day

BlueEyes and Laviebo: What great willpower . . . :bravo:

Shan: I know you're having a rough time, just hang in there, we're here for you, I wish I could give you a big :hug: Sending you one from far away

HUGS FOR YOU

I'm going to do ZUMBA tomorrow and dance(melt) all that butter AWAY!!
then tomorrow night my neighbor just got Zumba for her Wii and we are going to have a ZUMBA PARTY!!

Everyone have a great day, if you foo pah, just hop back up, brush youself off, and keep on getting . . . we can all do this together

OK, everyone, now I'm tired goodnight

BlueEyes65
01-20-2011, 01:11 AM
rainbowsmiles- your comments really are so uplifting. you really are keeping this team going! i hope you know that we all know you can do it too!!!

I agree! Rainbow is so uplifting and encouaraging to everyone else that she doesn't hear anyone rooting for her. Rock on Rainbow:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:.:carrot:

peanutt
01-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Wow, so chatty!

I really enjoyed reading everyone's updates (sorry I can't do personals right now). I love that even when people are hitting hurdles or eating off plan we're still coming here and owning our actions. I think that is so key to long-term success!! There will always be setbacks or moments of eating weakness, but we can always move forward from them.

This week has been good for eating for me. I had a couple of days last weekend/early in the week when I didn't feel well and ate less, followed by a couple of days where I was ravenous and I think that this accidental calorie cycling may have been really good for me this week. We'll see what the scale says on Saturday morning!

The weather is FINALLY warmer here!! We had the longest cold snap I can remember over the past couple of weeks and Tuesday was the first day of January where we didn't get any snow. I'm looking forward to being able to go for longer walks/jogs now that the weather isn't trying to kill me!

Have a wonderful day, Red Team!

And rainbowsmiles: your enthusiasm and team spirit is amazing! With such a positive, can-do attitude like that, I know you're going to be successful at achieving any goal you set for yourself!! :cheer:

rainbowsmiles
01-20-2011, 09:27 AM
rainbowsmiles: your enthusiasm and team spirit is amazing! With such a positive, can-do attitude like that, I know you're going to be successful at achieving any goal you set for yourself!! :cheer:

I agree! Rainbow is so uplifting and encouaraging to everyone else that she doesn't hear anyone rooting for her. Rock on Rainbow:carrot::carrot:

Rainbowsmiles- were you ever a cheerleader? 'cause your spunk & enthusiasm is amazing.

:hug::hug:YOU GUYS ARE TRULY AWESOME!!!!:hug::hug:

i am sure you have all heard they saying...
the family that prays together,
stays together...
:grouphug:
well, i just figured that...

:callme:THE TEAM THAT CHATS TOGETHER:comp:
:cheer2:LOSES THE MOST WEIGHT TOGETHER!!:cheer2:
WHOOOOP WHOOOOOP!!

canadamel....yeah....guilty as charged!! its hard to believe that a cheerleader can let herself get this fat! i was even born 3 months EARLY and was a preemie baby, weighing only 3 lbs and 8 oz....and look at me now!! yikes! :o
still....i am one determined chickapoo!!!
THIS IS MY YEAR!!
THIS IS OUR YEAR!
i don't want to let another year go by, and at the end of the year, only be able to read about all the OTHER ladies who lost 50, 75, 100 pounds, and reached their goals!!!
I WANT TO READ ABOUT ME...
LOSING 100 POUNDS AND REACHING
MY GOAL TOO!!!
THIS IS MY YEAR!!

CourtneyDaisey
01-20-2011, 11:23 AM
:wave: Hi folks! I'm sorry I haven't been able to be as chatty since the ice melted and I've had to get back to the office. I check in on the forum during my lunch break on my cell phone every day but posting and editing on my phone is tough. I get an error every time I use the phone to post and I don't know why. I guess the Android and the forum don't communicate all that well. Who knows.

I am home today because my 2 year old is sick. I got called yesterday at 4:10PM to come get her from day care because she was running a fever of 101.3 so I headed out from work to get her. This morning she was running a fever of 100.3 so we stayed home. She also has a nasty cough but we have prescription cough meds for that. She's all medicated and her fever is gone now and feeling much better. I was rather annoyed that I couldn't make it to work today though. I've been working overtime so I could get caught up from being out for four days during the ice storm. This will be a one day setback into my progress there, which bugs me. Hopefully Brenna will be feeling well enough to make it to day care tomorrow so I can get myself to work! Besides, Fridays are statement days and I am the only one in the entire office who knows how to run them. I have to be there or face the wrath of hundreds of customers who didn't get their statements on time. :dizzy:

Yesterday evening wasn't good at all. I did great during the day. But part of the problem is that we are very low on money and it's a LOT cheaper to buy a $10 Papa John's pizza to feed the family than cook a homemade meal. So that's what we did last night. My fridge mainly has drinks and condiments in there right now and I didn't want to spend a lot of money at the store since we're literally scraping by to get to tomorrow (when my husband and I both get paid). Thankfully tomorrow I'll be able to get to the grocery store and cook again!

rainbowsmiles
01-20-2011, 01:35 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5006/5373385198_04cefe8b10.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5373385198/)
White Wine Chicken Alfredo Pizza (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5373385198/) by sandwriter77 (http://www.flickr.com/people/56800290@N02/), on Flickr

ALL THIS TALK OF PIZZA!!! made me want pizza!!! but wanting to stay ON PLAN...i needed to create my own!! ....this is my latest creation....i just had for lunch...and had to share!! it is soooooooooooooooo good!! WHO KNEW cottage cheese could do this!!!!!
(i've been a little obsessed with making recipes with cottage cheese lately!!!)

and GUESS HOW MANY PIECES YOU CAN HAVE???
:jeno:THE WHOLE THING!!:jeno:
:TWHOOOOP WHOOOOOOP:T
:DALL 6 PCS!!!!:D
HUNGRY ANYONE???

so the next time that PIZZA CRAVING KICKS IN...
try making one of your own!!
and stay on plan!!

White Wine Chicken Alfredo Pizza!!
calories: 377
fat: 14 grams
carbs: 27 grams
fiber: 7 grams
sugar: 7 grams
protein: 41 grams

JayTee
01-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Rainbowsmiles--Again, I concur...you're the BEST MOTIVATOR EVER!!

Courtney--My heart goes out to you. I feel just awful that Papajohn's was dinner because of funds. Something in this country has to change!

Ladies, keep up the awesome work. This is such a supportive team. Just look at the post count for the blue team. Reds are truly there for each other!

Rated
01-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Rainbowsmiles - That pizza looks soooo good. I am going to have to try making that sometime this weekend.

lavieboheme73
01-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Oh my Holy Goodness...motivation and pizza, too...seriously, rainbow, you're an angel, right? Just fess up!

Tonight, we're trying a new recipe for reduced calorie and fat Sheperd's Pie...it's hubby's favorite dish, so I thought I'd lighten it up some. Hubby doesn't have as far to go on his weight loss journey as I do, but he thinks he could still stand to lose a few pounds, and it's always great to have someone in my corner! We've been having a great time finding waistline and budget friendly recipes. I have a whole cookbook full of 'em on my food.com account, but I'm always looking for new ones!

Hope everyone's having a great day...go get 'em!!

Aclai4067
01-20-2011, 08:20 PM
BTW-- where is Shan, CanadaMel and Aclai ? Has anyone heard from them?

I'm around. Like you said, hard to keep up with personals with all these posts. But that's a good thing! Been peeking in to read here and there but haven't had much time to post.

We're wrapping up our wellness competition at work that started back in November. This week we had to give presentations on our experience in the challenge. I'm the captain on my team, so it's been a lot of work organizing rehersals, building costumes (we had a skit), and just stressing out! My team presented this morning though, and it all paid off. I think we have a good chance at making top 3 teams. Individuals on the top 3 teams win a vacation for two to their choice of Denver, Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, or South Beach. Needless to say, I REALLY want to win. Next Friday is the deadline to meet our goals and I still have some weight to lose, so I'm strictly on plan right now.

rainbowsmiles
01-20-2011, 08:23 PM
WHITE WINE CHICKEN ALFREDO PIZZA RECIPE
1 flatout healthy grain honey wheat wrap
1 serving cottage cheese alfredo sauce (see below)
2 oz pre-cooked chicken in white wine (see below)
10 large baby spinach leaves cut into thin strips
1 oz roasted red pepper diced
(i used the ones from a jar) squeeze out juice!!
.5 oz low moisture mozzarella cheese

COTTAGE CHEESE ALFREDO SAUCE
1/4 cup cottage cheese ( i used regular large curd
but you can use your favorite low fat or non fat version)
1/4 cup 2% milk (reserve 1 spoonful)
dash sea salt, dash freshly cracked black pepper
1 tsp roasted garlic (i took a shortcut and used the kind from the tiny jar!!)
2 tsp butter melted (don't use cheap fat free stuff, use real good sweet butter, its only 2 tsp's for goodness sake!!!)
2 tsp wheat flour or flour of your choice
1 laughing cow regular cheese wedge

preheat oven to 400 degrees. bake PLAIN flat out wrap for 3 mins on each side...set aside

i use the little magic bullet...but you can also use your blender...add the cottage cheese, 1 spoonful milk, salt and pepper and garlic, and blend til smooth and about the consistency of mayo. set aside.

in microwave small bowl....melt butter in microwave about 15 secs or until melted, then add flour and stir til well blended...break laughing cow wedge cheese into little pcs and add to the bowl, and microwave 30 secs. tehn add the remaining of the milk and microwave 30 secs. more.

now add the cottage cheese mixture to the cheesy alfredo mixture and blend well. this makes enough for TWO PIZZAS!!! (keeps well in fridge for a few days)

now spread 1/2 this mixture all over the flatout wrap, all the way to the edges.
now you are ready to add your toppings!!

add diced chicken, julienne spinach, diced sweet roasted red pepper, salt, pepper, and last the mozzarella cheese...you can also add red pepper flakes if you like a little hot and spicy bite...like i do!!

bake 3 mins or until cheese melts....THEN EAT!!! EAT THE WHOLE THING!! YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO SHARE!!
YUMMMM!!!
nutritional values are approx: as i am not a dietician, just add ingredients as i use then.

i pre-cook my chicken for the week like this....
3 chicken breast pounded evenly flat to about 1/3 inch....i trim ALL FAT and yucky parts before pounding....and pound between parchment paper with my rolling pin!!
i get a non-stick skillet good and hot...then spray with the MISTO sprayer, 3 full sprays...with is only about 1.5 tsp of olive oil!!!
i "flash fry" the chicken, 4 mins on side one and 3 mins on side 2....then deglaze the pan with a small splash white cooking wine.
i transfer from pan to a container to cool...then i can cut in half for chicken sammies...dice for salads, shread for fajitas, chunk for skewers, slice for noodle bowls or rice bowls, or break apart for pizza!!! i do this every sunday....and the chicken keeps fresh all week and half the battle of cooking is already done!!

MadamButterfly
01-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Rainbow you MUST be an :angel:

You keep us all rockin and moving and EATING PIZZA I think this will be my next meal . . . mmmmmmmm, mmmmmm GOOD!!

Sunday is almost here and week 2 will soon be over

I've been Zumba-ing (still not sure if that's a word) and I'm loving it!!!!

I made veggie soup today, green beans, corn, cabbage, carrots, celery, onion, and anything else I found in the fridge, cooked in some chicken broth then cooked some Minnesota wild rice and added that, then had chicken left over and pulled that apart and added that . . . SOOOOOOOOO good and warming me up as it is bitter cold here and it's suppose to be worse tomorrow . . .

Everybody have a good day tomorrow . . .

skinnycow126
01-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Happy Thursday everyone! Just one more day, and it's finally the weekend. I don't know about y'all, but I am most certainly ready for it.

Courtney- My heart goes out to you and your family in these tough economic times.

cherrypie
01-20-2011, 10:41 PM
that pizza looks amazing rainbow!

I'm doing much better this week. Eating is so much more under control and I'm not feeling as hopeless. Still need to work on the exercise though lol

IceQueen
01-21-2011, 12:11 AM
You are awesome Rainbow! I have been craving pizza too (my TOM too ...just figured out what that meant!!) and went and picked up PaPa Murphys DeLite pizza last night. 1 slice of pepperoni has 170 calories sooo I had two last night! Your recipe will be used for future pizza cravings!! I am "calorie counting" and have found it extremely hard for me to create recipes that taste good and find myself eating frozen meals too much. I really appreciate all of your encouragement and support!
As for exercise...it was snowing outside today and I couldn't get in a walk so I opted to stay in my work building and walk up and down the 5 flights of stairs... 3 times (I don't know what came over me to think that this was no major feat!)!! Let's just say my legs feel like spaghetti noodles now. I've been having good days and bad nights...eating at LoneStar and Papa Murphy's and Subway but I have been making good choices while out and hope it shows on weigh in day...a little nervous.
Happy Friday everyone!:p

shan84
01-21-2011, 06:05 AM
Making good choices today! Had a craving for something bad a few hours after dinner and instead I made a bowl of special k. It's a step in the right direction again.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week. It's almost Saturday here in SK! WOOHOOOO! A nice relaxing weekend, I hope...with lots of exercise on the agenda! Also, only one more week of work and I have a whole week off!!!

Don't forget to post your weigh ins before Sunday evening.

Good luck to everyone this week.

wendychic
01-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Sounds like we are having a tough week for some!!! I hope it gets easier for those struggling. I woke up this morning starving!!!! I had a small piece of cheese and trying to listen to my body for what it needs. We have a potluck at work today and I had a request for beans and cornbread from my kitchen. I am up this morning finishing up the cornbread. Before I go I am going to eat a salad and try to "fill up" so I won't be tempted. I love cooking for others so it's nothing to resist my own food.
TGIF!!!! We can do this!!!! Hubby comes home for the weekend so I am excited!!! Of course he is back off for another week so that is tough. I ran 300 meters yesterday!!!! I am starting to get this running thing. I am going to do a trail run this weekend and I'm super stoked!!!!

rainbowsmiles
01-21-2011, 11:34 AM
:hug:T.G.i.F.!!!! :hug:

:DGUESS WHAT RED TEAM???:D

iT'S TiME...
TO CREATE...
:oTHE BiONiC RED TEAM!!!!:o

...we may be a team barely alive
Gentle-ladies....and Gentlemen
we can rebuild us
We have the technology
We have the capability
to make the worlds
first
bionic
supersonic
iconic
harmonic
super human
red team!!!
:cheer2: THE 2011 TBL :cheer2:
BiONiC RED TEAM
:coach: will be THAT team :coach:
Better than we were before
:trampo: Better, :trampo:
:strong: Stronger, :strong:
:running: Faster :running:
:goodscale: LiGHTER :goodscale: !
:lifter: FiTTER... :lifter: (is that a word? haha)
:yoga: OK MORE FiT!!!:yoga:

HOW YOU SAY????

:frypan: iTS TIME FOR :frypan:
THE LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!!!!!
:kickbutt: WEEK 2 LAST CHANCE WORKOUT :kickbutt:
IS YOUR CHANCE TO
:strong: GROW STRONGER!! :strong:

:coach: STAY STRONG RED TEAM :coach:
:cheer: ROCK ON RED TEAM :cheer:
LEE MAJORS HAS NOTHiNG ON US!!
BECAUSE
:yay: WE :yay:
ARE
THE
BiONiC
:cheer2: RED TEAM!!! :cheer2:

chickadee dee dee
01-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Rainbowsmiles, you rock girl!! Thanks for the inspiration this week!

I hope everyone has a great weekend :)

ronan
01-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Hello lovely ladies,
Feeling rather hungry right now, but just had a drink of water instead. Being good so far - eating well and working out most days. Tomorrow I am having a friend and her DH and 2 kids over for dins. Need to make something that is good for the kids, but good for me as well. Any ideas?

CharlieJune
01-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Hey Everyone! Another snow day here so I was better able to stay on my plan. My fellow teachers can probably relate to this-drinking enough water when I'm at school is so hard for me because you can't exactly answer the call of nature anytime she calls so I tend to drink tiny amounts during the day while on the job and then massive amounts at home which make me feel almost 'sloshy'. lol I was also able to excerise for fifteen minutes today which is a lot for me! :) Sounds like everyone has had a pretty good day so Hooorrrrayyyy RED TEAM!

Aclai4067
01-21-2011, 10:00 PM
CharlieJune- I used to teach and yes, water was my enemy. When I was student teaching I used to always carry a water bottle and sip on it all day long. But I could slip out since there was another teacher in the room. It was realy hard for me to adjust once I was on my own.

Completed W6D3 of C25K today. I had been dreading it all week. I had a rough start but got a second wind (or maybe it was the first) in the last 8 or so minutes. Tomorrow is weigh-in for me. I was down two pounds on the gym scale today, so it should go well. I also have a 5K tomorrow at the Nashville Zoo. I'm planning to walk the first 2 miles with my co-workers and the run the last 1.1

BeautyandtheBeast
01-22-2011, 03:02 AM
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on much this week. I've had the busiest week ever but I'm hoping to get more involved next week.

I haven't had the greatest week food and exercise wise and indulged a fair few times when we had guests around, but I weighed myself today and have lost 1.8lb this week so that's actually pretty good.

I hope everyone has managed to stay OP this week. I think I'm gonna go play Wii Fit in a bit and try and get back into the swing of things.

See you all later :)

peanutt
01-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Alright, Red....just over 24 hours left to post your weigh in and 10 of us have posted our week 2 weigh ins.

Remember to post your weigh in everyone!! No matter what the number is, post it!

MadamButterfly
01-22-2011, 10:45 AM
OH MY GOODNESS, the second week is all but done, the big weigh in tomorrow . . . I had a big drop last week, not sure what this week will bring . . . but I'll take whatever the scale :angel: :angel: give me and continue to MELT THAT BUTTER AWAY!!

Rainbow, you ARE the BEST CHEERLEADER!!!

I am becoming BIONIC!!

Lets rock that Blue TeamTWO WEEKS IN A ROW

WE ARE BIONIC

Hungry4AChange
01-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Greetings Friends,

Had a great week here until I was sidelined yesterday by the combination of a 15 hour work day that began with TOM and ended with a 40 pound box of donated chocolate....Ugh...can I get a little help here???? Still don't think I will gain this week, but probably not much of a loss either....Blah!

Oh yes, I was also reading an earlier comment from a teamie who was experimenting with healthier versions of shepherd's pie...sorry I don't remember who said it...but if you read this here is my favorite healthy version http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/11152?section=

Now off for my LCW and plan on drinking a ton of water today...
Hope you all have a great day!

Rated
01-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Hey everyone

Official weigh in deadline is tomorrow but I already had my Friday weigh in. Which was a dissapointment unfortunatly. I lost 0.7 lbs which I didn't think was very much since I feel like I worked hard enough to get at least a pound. I hope it just has to do with starting my TOM so hopfully next week will be a bigger drop. Keep up the hard work everyone:)

rainbowsmiles
01-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Hey everyone

Official weigh in deadline is tomorrow but I already had my Friday weigh in. Which was a dissapointment unfortunatly. I lost 0.7 lbs which I didn't think was very much since I feel like I worked hard enough to get at least a pound. I hope it just has to do with starting my TOM so hopfully next week will be a bigger drop. Keep up the hard work everyone:)

NEVER EVER BE DISAPPOINTED IN A LOSS!!
a loss is a loss is a loss
:yay:WOOOHOOOO:yay:
that .7 pound loss could be the exact .7 pounds that makes
:cheer2:THE BiONiC RED TEAM:cheer2:
TOP THE WEiGH iN CHARTS
AGAiN THiS WEEK
:DBEATiNG OUT THE BLUE TEAM!!:D
:coach:ROCK ON RED!!!:coach:
:cheer:ROCK ON!!:cheer:
:strong:STAY STRONG!!!:strong:

EVERY .1 POUND TRULY COUNTS!!!

:goodscale: everyone don't forget to weigh in!! :goodscale:
WE ARE ALL COUNTiNG ON YOU!!

Bette k
01-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Hi Red Team,
Hope everyone is having a great weekend, it's above freezing so I'm so happy!!! DD isn't feeling good, she is laying down with a headache, I think she is coming down with something, she has thet whiney way that kids get just before they get real sick. I'm still waiting for DS to contact us with an address, he left a message saying he had arrived at where he was going but hasn't contacted us since. I worry when he is so far away.
I had my weekly weigh in and I'm down another 3 lbs which is great but my total loss is still not as much as I gained this past year.

Nixmom-How is it going with the stopping smoking. The pop is winning here, did go without for a couple of days then DH brought some home Fridau for me and that was that. Monday I will be at the VA with Dad so will drink some then too.

Everyone else have a great week

Bette K

rainbowsmiles
01-22-2011, 06:19 PM
:cheer:LAST CHANCE WORKOUT COUNTDOWN:cheer:

HEY RED TEAM.....
GUESS WHAT???
WE'VE ALREADY LOST
OVER
:jig:35 POUNDS:jig:
:celebrate:
THIS WEEK!!

:yay:WHOOOOOP WHOOOOOOP:yay:

:coach:EVERYONE REMEMBER TO POST!!:coach:
WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER
:grouphug:
:DGOOD OR NOT SO GOOD!!:?:

KEEP ON ROCKIN'
:cheer2:BIONIC RED TEAM!!:cheer2:
WE
:hug:CAN:hug:
DO
THIS!!!
:dust:

:cheers:THIS IS OUR YEAR!!:cheers:
:encore:

kris2008
01-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Lost 3 pounds this week! Very happy!!

Time to work on next week. I love this Red Team Challenge - just the kick in the pants I needed. Just one step in front of the other, day by day.

We can do this!

skinnycow126
01-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Today someone asked me if I had lost weight! Best day ever!

CharlieJune
01-22-2011, 09:43 PM
Good for you, SkinnyCow! :) I'm glad you had such a great day!
Way to go on losing another six pounds, RainbowSmiles! :carrot:

lavieboheme73
01-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Wow, check us out! We are on the downward (weight-wise) move!!

Today, Hubby brought home a Wii and Just Dance 2 for us to play with. Can I just say BEST WORKOUT TOOL EVER?!? If you haven't tried it, you should. Not only did it get me up off the couch, I stayed up and moving for a good 45 minutes! This just might be the tool I need to get my butt MOVING again.

TERAPET
01-23-2011, 09:22 AM
Happy Sunday All,

Sorry I have not been around much. I have been struggling with overeating lately and kinda dislike sharing my flubs. Still good on the exercise front but that rarely is my problem-I love my Y classes.

Today is a new day so I get another chance for an On Plan day. I am planning to make some veggie soup for lunches this week. For me, vegetable soup is like the perfect food in winter. So yummy and warm and low calorie to boot. Another perfect winter food is oatmeal. Ditto on the yummy and warm thing.

MadamButterfly
01-23-2011, 09:43 AM
I weighed this morning and I'm down 2.0 more lbs (happy with this!!)

Thats 8 sticks of BUTTER (melted away FOREVER)

Looks like EVERYONE is hanging in there

RAINBOW, DOWN ANOTHER 6 LBS, OMG GIRL, YOUR ARE ROCKIN IT OUT!!!! That's 24 STICKS O BUTTER MELTED AWAY!!! Keep it up . . .

JayTee
01-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Happy Weigh-In Day!

We've got some good looking numbers already. According to Rainbowsmiles we're already looking at 35 lbs. (or 140 sticks of butter according to Madame Butterfly's formula.)
Keep up the great work REDS!

Rainbowsmiles---a big thanks again for all the encouragement and scattering of willpower dust! You posted that pizza photo and because of you I made my own low cal pizza Friday night while my husband ate our usual butt expanding, artery hardening variety.

ON TO WEEK 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angie
01-23-2011, 12:43 PM
I'm so sorry red team...I'm posting a 6lb gain this week. :o I had surgery on Friday morning, and despite barely eating, and eating on plan when I did, I've gained all this weight. I guess it's probably related to swelling and I hope I can post a 6lb loss by this time next week.

cherrypie
01-23-2011, 12:53 PM
I'm so sorry red team...I'm posting a 6lb gain this week. :o I had surgery on Friday morning, and despite barely eating, and eating on plan when I did, I've gained all this weight. I guess it's probably related to swelling and I hope I can post a 6lb loss by this time next week.

hope you are feeling better. And it has to be swelling and probably retaining water from the drugs. Don't be too hard on yourself. It takes a lot longer to recover from surgery than we think it will

rainbowsmiles
01-23-2011, 01:05 PM

hey angie....NO WORRIES !!!
I GOT YOUR BACK GIRLFRIEND!!!
woohoooo
:yay:
WEEK 3 IS COMING!!!
ITS NEVER TOO EARLY TO
GET YOUR GROOVE ONE!!!

:cheer:WE ARE GONNA ROCK WEEK 3!!!:cheer:

WOOHOOOOOO

ps...i am proud of you for not taking a freebie!!
that shows real courage!
:hug:

rainbowsmiles
01-23-2011, 01:13 PM
LADYFYRE: I would like to be an unofficial Member too. I missed the cut off, but I really want to do this. So, I will pretend if that's OK.

UNOFFICIAL MEMBER
I weight in on Sundays for WW, so I have accurate wights for the last 2 weeks.

Starting Weight: 229 lbs.

Week 1 Weigh-in (1/16): 225.3 (-3.7)
Week 2 Weigh-in (1/23): 222.5 (-2.8)

welcome ladyfyre!! woohooo!!
look at your rocking out 2 weeks of steady losses!!
way to go!!
sooooo glad you came to join us!!

:cheer:WE ARE THE BIONIC ROCKIN' RED TEAM!:cheer:
WHOOOOP WHOOOOOP

peanutt
01-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Angie: I hope you have a quick recovery. Don't feel bad about this week. I'm sure you'll bounce back quickly. Like rainbowsmiles said, good for you for posting it and not taking the freebie.

Come on Red Team.....get those weigh ins posted!!

rainbowsmiles
01-23-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm doing much better this week. Eating is so much more under control and I'm not feeling as hopeless. Still need to work on the exercise though lol

:hug:C-H-E-R-R-Y-B-A-B-Y!!:hug:

WOOHOOOO

LOOK AT YOU BUSTING OUT 3 POUNDS GONE!!
:dance: BOOOYAH!!! :dance:
singing:
THIS IS HOW WE DO IT!!
ALL HANDS ARE IN THE AIR!!
AND WAVE THEM FROM HERE TO THERE...
NO BODY DOES IT LIKE THE TBL RED TEAM DOES IT!!

:cheer:KEEP ON ROCKIN' RED TEAM:cheer:
THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!
:dance:

CharlieJune
01-23-2011, 04:29 PM
I avoided posting all day. Even thought about using one of my passes. I had been so 'good' all week and actually looked forward to my weigh in this morning. Until I weighed in. I. Gained. Two. Pounds. I don't know how but I did. I exercised more than ever, never cheated once, got in way more water than usual. I was so anticipating at least a one pound loss.]
But to heck with using a pass. I am not 'guilty' for gaining weight. I didn't do anything wrong. It just so happens that I behaved really well this week and didn't see the results of my efforts. I know it happens all the time. Fall down seven times, get up eight. Congratutions to all of you who lost this week. Go RED! :)

peanutt
01-23-2011, 04:47 PM
WTG CharlieJune - your attitude is awesome. You didn't do anything wrong and shouldn't be ashamed of the scale result this week. Thank you for posting and staying accountable. Next week will be better!

wen
01-23-2011, 05:03 PM
I started a week before the BL kick off here...lost 5lb first week, 5lb second week, and only 1lb this week. And I really felt like this was my best week too - more exercise and easier to keep my hunger in check, but oh well!!

Keeping my chin up though - I'm in it to lose 50 more lbs this year. I know weight loss does not come easy.

DH is doing this with me; really makes it easier and I believe DS has lost too as a result of our changes w/o even trying.

Keep it going red team!!!:cp:

shan84
01-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Don't forget to weigh in Red Team! You have a little under 3 1/2 hours left to do so!

Good luck to everyone. :cheer3:

On a side note- I had a 1lb gain this week. Moving on to next week. I'm not stressing about it. We booked our April 2 week vacation yesterday. An island in the Phillipines here we come. Time to use that for some added motivation to get my butt into gear. This week is a new week. This day is a new day. Go get it!!

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Hello e1, great job on your huge team loss! That is great.

As an honorary member, I've been doing pretty good. I'm feeling better, making much better choices, losing weight, and am so proud of seeing the hard work pay off.

CharlieJune - I really enjoyed reading your post, especially where you expressed yourself regarding not feeling guilty for gaining 2 lbs and how you did all you could and just happened to not see the results you wanted. Great attitude! Next week will be better for you on the scale!

Cherrypie- you can do it! Congrats on your progress.

Rated
01-23-2011, 07:58 PM
CharlieJune I love your positive attitude. As long as you are eating healthy and exercising you will lose weight in the long run which is all that matters.

Shan I completely agree with you this week is a new week. A vacation to an island in the Phillipines sounds amazing! Definatly more motivation.

I had a really good day so far today eating wise I am finding healthy foods that I actually think taste good which is surprising to me. I love eating wraps and omlettes (anything I can stuff with veggies) but I can't seem to get over my diet coke addiction but I am working on it.

rainbowsmiles
01-23-2011, 08:12 PM
its gonna be a CLOSE week!! hang in there red team!!
so proud of everyone posting!! lose, gain or maintain...
we are all in this together!!

LETS STAY STRONG RED TEAM!!
EVERYONE MAKE SURE YOU POST!!
EVERY .1 POUND LOST COUNTS!!
WHOOOOP WHOOOOP!!

cakses
01-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Hi ladies I am back from ****, I mean my soon to be ex husband has left the country again, back to his mistress and me back to life as a single parent. UGH. Can you say stress? Lots happened over his month long stay here, yet nothing changed. Let's just say I am putting in a call for a counselor tomorrow morning. I need someone to talk to that isn't biased on either side of this who can help me sort through my emotions!

I somehow lost two pounds in the last week, not sure how but I'm not complaining. This week is supposed to be dry out here in Seattle, and I plan on taking my little one out on long walks to clear my head and get me back into the swing of things. I'm ready to tackle my weight issue head on and never look back. It's about re-gaining self-respect for me (I know that isn't everyone's issue but it is for me) and putting myself first in some areas instead of ignoring me and spending all my energy on everyone else but me. I can't wait to see what 2011 brings!

I am not going to go back and read much since I am so far behind but know I am here to stay for the rest of the challenge and will be an active member from here on out!

rainbowsmiles
01-23-2011, 09:02 PM
rated....LOVE THE NEW AVATAR!! OMG!! YOU ARE JUST ADORABLE!!!!:hug:

shan84
01-23-2011, 09:09 PM
12 Freebies used this week.

Please don't forget to weigh in next week. Some people have used two freebies. If you miss one more weigh in, you will be eliminated as an official member.

Updates will come later. New threads in 30 minutes. Watch for them.