Alternachicks - Weakly weigh in November 25

View Full Version : Weakly weigh in November 25

mauvaisroux
11-25-2002, 11:55 AM
I lost 1 lb! :cb: I am down to 157 and still hoping to see 155 by December 13th!

and yes, I spelled weekly wrong on purpose :lol:

ellis
11-25-2002, 11:59 AM
Yeah, Mauvais!! :cb:

I'm still holding at 192, but I'm going to do something about it this week. No, for real. Because I was in tears this morning because I haven't lost anything and I'm working out like a madwoman.

Ruthxxx
11-25-2002, 01:17 PM
211 - been the same weight all month - and I really am not cheating - except for the Halloween stuff and a few jellybeans.

Sojourner
11-25-2002, 01:46 PM
Have you been taking your measurements? I'm sure you would see some changes there with all this exercising. I'm very proud of you and all your hard work!

ellis
11-25-2002, 02:19 PM
Thank you, Sojo. You're a sweet heart. I DID take my measurements a few weeks ago, and there were no changes. :( Obviously it's my eating. I'm eating really well today (so far). I'm sure that's the only thing that's holding me back.
Hey, you're a babe! :) And your husband is, too!

Wanttolosealot
11-25-2002, 03:02 PM
Ellis,
Try journaling again! You seemed to be doing better. Also try planning what you are going to eat for the day, even snacks. And very important, and I need to heed my own advice, drink lots of water. I was doing really well with my water intake and then I stopped recording it and I have been lacking in that department lately.
I am really down this week and I am not sure why. Well, I have an idea, but unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it now. But no the less, I can't help feelimng the way I do.
Love to all
Virginia

Wanttolosealot
11-25-2002, 03:08 PM
P.S. I will record my weight tomorrow night as usual after TOPS!

ellis
11-25-2002, 04:49 PM
Thanks, Virginia. You're right. I don't know why it's so difficult to actually put pen to paper. :rolleyes: And like you, I haven't been drinking as much water as I should... bizarre, because I usually have NO trouble drinking it. I think I'm a little too cold and damp and miserable.
Maybe I'll go and post my food....
thanks for the support, darlings!

ps... Virginia... you're kidding me... you used to think you were unattractive!?!? You are very lovely. And I wouldn't say that without meaning it. I am far too honest for that. :D

Wildfire
11-25-2002, 08:24 PM
I'm back down to 175 (from 178). But I feel like the Titanic. HUGE, filled with water.....

ellis, hang in there!

ellis
11-25-2002, 09:42 PM
Don't sink, Wildfire. :lol:
Thanks, hon.
Keep drinking that water!
xoxo

soozie
11-26-2002, 01:45 AM
Ellis love...hang in there! Don't stop exercising...you're building muscle and you'll be glad for it later...when the fat starts melting off you'll be ripped underneath!!

I was 179 this morning but had been lower middle of last week...did some eating this weekend...back on track today...had a good day...I'll weigh less tomorrow and I'll post again so I know what I'm shooting for by next week.
Love, Soozie

OI812
11-26-2002, 09:10 AM
I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 2 lbs from last week and I've got my period this week to boot!

Congratulations to all the other gals that have lost too!

Sojourner
11-26-2002, 05:58 PM
I"m refusing to get on the scale this week... bloated from my period and it will just make me even crabbier. :(

Wanttolosealot
11-26-2002, 07:16 PM
Hi girls
Thought for sure I was up this week, only to be very pleasantly surprised at TOPS tonight. I have lost 3.5 this week. Don't know how, but thankful for this small blessing. I have had a miserable week, so this really brightens my day. I have no right to be sad and thinking of my self, when there is so much real true sadness in the world. But I can't help how I feel. So this, and talking with a great friend has made my life a little brighter.
Hug to everyone
Virginia

ellis
11-26-2002, 08:08 PM
I am SO proud of you girls losing weight. You're all doing so very well, and you're such good nurturers, too. :D
Keep it up, darlings! :cb: :dance:

Virginia, you're depressed. I forget... do you take drugs (not the recreational type... I'm not interested in your kinks) for it?
I'm glad you had a good talk with your friend. Let us know if we can do anything. hugs, hon. :grouphug:

Wanttolosealot
11-27-2002, 03:42 PM
No Ellis, no drugs yet, recreational or otherwise.
I have never spoken to a doctor about it, and I dont feel it is dangerous. I am going to monitor it though and if i get worse instead of better I will consult with doc. I think it is just the time of year thing mostly.
Virginia

ellis
11-27-2002, 03:44 PM
Good, I'm glad to hear it. (if you know what I mean)
You're smart to monitor it. Don't hesitate to see your doctor... you can't be friggin' around with mental health.
Hugs, hon...
xoxo

dentrassi
11-27-2002, 11:00 PM
DITTO! Not everyone needs drugs, but those who do are REALLY grateful for them!! They brought me back to life!!

Sojourner
11-28-2002, 01:35 AM
I highly recommend drugs if you struggle with depression. I resisted for years thinking I should be able to handle it or somehow think my way out of depression. I wasted so many years of my life... years that could have been much happier and more productive. Its like trying to will away diabetes or cancer... it just doesn't work that way. I have been off meds for the last year while trying to get pregnant. Now with the latest infertility diagnoses I am back on meds and praying they kick in soon. It has been a very difficult year for me and an even worse month.

soozie
11-28-2002, 03:37 AM
Sojo, feel better soon sweetie!!!
Love, Soozie

Wanttolosealot
11-28-2002, 08:04 AM
You know what! I think you girls are all the drugs I need! I love being able to chat with you guys and tell you my problems. You always give me honest advice. I do feel much better today. This time of year just carries so much stress with it. I need to start focusing on the good and the fun of the season rather than the bah hum bug side of things.
Thanks for caring! Seem to be saying that a lot lately, but I mean it.
Virginia

ellis
11-28-2002, 08:26 AM
ooooh, la la! We are drugs! :D

Virginia, I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Maybe if this is ALWAYS a stressful time of year for you, you're actually ANTICIPATING that it's going to be bad. Try to change it around this year so that next year you won't have that sense of forboding. You can't change the bad stuff (being short of money, feeling crappy because there are so many people in bad circumstances at Christmas... okay, you can help with that a LITTLE, but you can't fix the whole damned world), but you can change how you see things. You maybe need to get over to the Grateful Thread and list a few things. I think I do, too. Hugs, hon.

Den and Sojo, drugs are great, aren't they. :dance: I'd quite likely be dead without mine. Not a pretty picture.
Sojo, I hope yours kick in really soon. I know you're feeling down right now... keep looking at all the good in your life, sweetie. Hugs...

soozie
11-28-2002, 11:14 AM
I adore my drugs! They give me a normal life!!!!
Ellis...not "we are drugs"...

Drugs-R-Us!

dentrassi
11-28-2002, 08:28 PM
Sojo-I waited way too long too. For drugs AND for therapy. And both my parents (retired now) worked in the mental health field!!! I grew up assuming I'd go into therapy one day, and STILL waited too long!! I hope yours kick in soon!!

Soozie-Now we just need to turn that R backwards....

Ellis-Wish we had little musical symbols too... "Whoa oh oh oh....alternachicks are the drugs that I'm thinking of!!"

Virginia-Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better!!! We aren't pushing drugs. Just trying to let anyone who MIGHT need 'em know that it is okay yo use 'em!!

ellis
11-28-2002, 09:26 PM
Now wait a minute... isn't this the weigh-in thread? :D

Drug pushing... hmmmm... what a novel idea! A career change!

mauvaisroux
11-28-2002, 09:52 PM
ummm...that's prescription drugs right? ;) guess we'll all have to become pharmacists then. Excellent profession, well paying as they seems to be a shortage of them in Canada these days. Wish I'd known that when I was graduating high school~ I could have gone in to pharmacology (think that's what is called ).

Actually I probably should have gone into forensic science...I seem to have missed my calling.

ellis
11-28-2002, 09:58 PM
Mauvais... have you been digging up bodies and dissecting them?

soozie
11-28-2002, 11:23 PM
Oh Mauvais, not again...didn't you swear that you wouldn't do that anymore?

dentrassi
11-28-2002, 11:32 PM
I can relate, Mauvais!! All the benefits of being a doctor, none of the worries of making a fatal mistake!!! (Probably earn less, but ANYTHING would be more than I am making now!!!) HMMM....Making jewelry, dissecting bodies......

mauvaisroux
11-29-2002, 03:39 PM
Sorry :o I guess I fell off the coroner's wagon again didn't I? OOPS!

xo,
Mauvais the Mortician ;)

ellis
11-29-2002, 04:12 PM
That's okay, Mauvais. We still love you anyhow. Even if you are a bit, ummm... you know...
:D

dentrassi
11-29-2002, 09:54 PM
.....demented?

ellis
11-29-2002, 10:39 PM
Okay...

mauvaisroux
11-29-2002, 10:39 PM
...deranged?
...deviant?
...dangerous?
...disturbed?
...delirious?
...diabolical? :devil:

ellis
11-29-2002, 10:42 PM
THAT'S IT!!! All of the above!!!

mauvaisroux
11-29-2002, 11:01 PM
:p

dentrassi
11-30-2002, 01:38 PM
AND PROUD TOO!!! That is ANOTHER reason that we love you!!!

You must wave your freak flag high!!!!