Old 01-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/see bar/150

Height: 5"6

Default Easy Phase 1 Cheesecake

I just found this and am trying this out for my husband's birthday! I'll let you know how it comes out. I'm doing the baked recipe on the bottom: (C&P)
http://www.suite101.com/content/easy...ecipes-a206169

Ingredients:

* 340g (12oz) softened light cream cheese
* 6-8 Tbsp. Splenda or other sweetener (or to taste)
* 60ml (1/4 cup) low-fat sour cream
* 1 tsp. sugar-free vanilla extract
* 3 eggs

Instructions:

1. Preheat the oven to 325F (160C). Grease an 8-inch springform cake pan and line the outside of the pan with foil. Prepare a larger baking dish by filling it with an inch of water.
2. With a hand mixer, to beat the cream cheese until it is almost liquified.
3. Mix the sour cream, Splenda and the vanilla extract into the cream cheese and stir until well-blended.
4. In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs until frothy. Combine the eggs into the cream cheese mixture.
5. Pour the batter into the cake pan and, holding the foil tightly around the sides, gently place the cake tin into the baking dish filling with water.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck into the cheesecake comes out clean.
7. Allow to chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours before serving.
mistypaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 262/see bar/150

Height: 5"6

It went over pretty darn good. My hubby was pleased and said it tasted like real cheesecake. And even folks who were not on our diet ate some happily. Overall a win, I think.
mistypaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/167/136

Height: 5'6

Default wow

I just made this and it is awesome! I actually put some unsweetened cocoa powder in it and it tasterd great!
aradha71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #4  
Nikki

I'm very happy you posted this recipe. My husband and I are both doing South Beach (again) and we've made this our nightly dessert. I pour the batter into small silicone molds to make individual portions and they are totally cute! I can make about 8-10 molds with this one recipe. I top with a dollop of Whipped Cream Free and serve its SOOO good! 2 thumbs up!
Nikki4281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #5  
one more time...

S/C/G: 183/157.8/133

Height: 5'4" no, 5'5"! I grew!

I'm not on SB but I love cheesecake! I'm totally trying this. @Nikki4821 - where did you find your molds? Do you think a muffin pan would work? How long do you bake them? (Since they're smaller, I assume they would take less time.) Thanks!
booskibabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 218.5/211.1/175

Height: 5' 4"

I am concerned about the fat content in this recipe. I know the SBD well and a mistake I made the first time around was I conveniently forgot that it is a cardiac diet with limited dairy fats in it. This recipe sounds like one every cell in my body craves, but so much fat (despite some of the low-fat alternatives) I think can't be healthy.
jicarilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #7  
Nikki

@booskibabe - i got them at the Christmas Tree Shops on clearance after Valentines Day because they are hearts, pack of 6 for .59! Can't beat that! I cook them for the same length of time, 35 mins. I tried less time but they didn't get all fluffy like when I cook them for the full 35 mins. I'm sure any small silicone molds would work.
Nikki4281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #8  

I gave it a try and they were okay. Not as sweet as cheesecake. Have a picture but I can't post it yet apparently. lol.
x Ophelia x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:20 AM   #9  

Default Easy Phase 1 Cheesecake

I made this for me and my husband. It was delicious. Anyone have the nutritional breakdown?
Annette555 is offline   Reply With Quote