Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'2"

Default Trouble sticking to diet..

Edit

Last edited by KaylaChristine; 11-08-2011 at 04:38 PM.
KaylaChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:23 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

There seems to be a lot going on here. It doesn't really sound like you have trouble sticking with your calorie limit, but you do have a hard time putting yourself first. I think it's great that you want to support your friend, but you're putting her needs (emotional and physical) way above your own. I don't think that's going to help you achieve your goals.

I would suggest having a good talk with your friend and expressing your needs. Encourage her to take care of herself and let you do the same. Is it possible that there is some sabotage going on here because she is threatened by your losing weight and looking/feeling good? Please don't set yourself up for failure because you're being codependent with your friend!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
There seems to be a lot going on here. It doesn't really sound like you have trouble sticking with your calorie limit, but you do have a hard time putting yourself first. I think it's great that you want to support your friend, but you're putting her needs (emotional and physical) way above your own. I don't think that's going to help you achieve your goals.

I would suggest having a good talk with your friend and expressing your needs. Encourage her to take care of herself and let you do the same. Is it possible that there is some sabotage going on here because she is threatened by your losing weight and looking/feeling good? Please don't set yourself up for failure because you're being codependent with your friend!
You're completely right. I am having a hard time putting myself first. I guess I just want to avoid upsetting her. She's had a hard life and is often depressed & I just feel like I should make things easier I guess.

I need to quit being codependent, you are right! Thank you! I'm going to try and put my health above her needs!
KaylaChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaChristine View Post
I guess I just want to avoid upsetting her. She's had a hard life and is often depressed & I just feel like I should make things easier I guess.
You are a good friend, but you can still be a good friend and take care of yourself in the process. Good luck!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Can you cook instead? Make some things that she can/will eat and some things that you can/will eat. I like to eat my meals with my DH, and sometimes that means I have to change up my schedule a little and eat at times I wouldn't normally eat (I adjust my schedule, I don't eat extra). And for lunch, he eats something completely different than I do because I HATE fish and it's his typical lunch protein. For dinner, I usually have fresh veg because I HATE frozen or canned and he eats frozen or canned to save money since they are cheaper.

I'm assuming that you and your friend get together for the companionship first, so it seems like you could work together and come up with a solution that works for you both.

Regardless what you decide to do, you hacve to be aware that your body is YOUR responsibility and hers is HERS.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 09:40 AM   #6  

Every diet has its side effects in my opinion.
Dustin A Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 03:10 AM   #7  

Craving, mood swings, hormonal imbalance, stress, and fatigue all make it difficult for you to stay consistent in your diet.
timmothysmith01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 02:02 AM   #8  

It is difficult for me to stick to a diet for a long time. I try to stick to it, but it doesn't always work out. But recently I started taking a complex of vitamins from a Canadian pharmacy, after which it is easier for me to restrain myself. I don't feel the need for sweets, chips or other junk food

Last edited by krisshelm; 02-25-2024 at 10:33 PM.
krisshelm is offline   Reply With Quote