100 lb. Club - Getting Out Of The 280's

View Full Version : Getting Out Of The 280's

ThinningVegan
01-14-2011, 11:26 AM
Hey everyone! I looked for a thread for the 280's but didn't see one so thought I would start it. I'm going to be in the 280's soon as I'm at the lower end of the 290's right now. I'd love to share my progress with others who are trying to get out of the 280's also. Anyone out there?

I'm currently attempting a round of Beachbody's Insanity (it's SO fun) I am eating vegan and mostly raw. Still trying to get my water intake up there. I used to drink almost a gallon a day so need to work back up to that.

TGIF!! :carrot:

CanadianCutie
01-14-2011, 04:43 PM
I've been in the 280s for the last two months. I'm hoping I'll be out soon but with the body being difficult (hormones, etc) I'm not counting on it. I'll hang out here, and hopefully we'll get a 270s thread going soon.

ThinningVegan
01-15-2011, 03:43 AM
We'll get there and beyond! :carrot:

Gamecockgrrl
01-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Hi there! Today - Sunday - is my weigh in day, and I was sooo hoping to be out of the 280's today, but looks like I have another week in the 280s. Right now, that's my first short term goal. I lost down to 275 last year, but work got crazy and I wasn't prepared to handle the extra strain on my time. This time, I'm much more prepared so hopefully soon!

What plans are you guys following?

Me: I'm just doing a common sense approach. I'm journaling, weighing my food until I get a handle on portion sizes, eating more vegetables and fruit, leaner protiens and getting on the treadmill everyday for as long as I can. Some days it's 10 minutes, some days its 20. I'm setting another goal of getting up to 30 minutes a day at least 4 times a week.

LeslieWendy
01-16-2011, 03:59 PM
I am in the low 280's and only have 3lbs until the 270's and it has been 2 years since I have seen that. Although I only got down to that because I was in too much pain to eat. Now getting down there the healthy way.

It is so great to see the numbers move even if it is only a 1lb a week. I am just paying attention to what I eat and walking everyday.

LuvMyMr
01-16-2011, 10:51 PM
I actually was out of the 280s but after some very difficult times including hubby losing his job and our marriage being challenged, family issues and my son having academic issues, I gained some weight back and am now back in the 280s only by four pounds but still! I want to be a part of this to get out of the 280s and to my first goal of 250! I will be there with you all too! :hug:

aasshhlleeyy
01-17-2011, 02:50 AM
i am also in the 290s and cant wait to say good bye lol

ThinningVegan
01-17-2011, 06:01 AM
Hey ladies! So glad to see some others in here with me. I was at 290.4 yesterday so I know I'm going to definitely be in the 280's next weigh in. I hope I take a big chunk out of it so I can move more quickly into the 270's!

Tomorrow I am starting a smoothie/juice feast. I'm SO excited!

gagirl1
01-17-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm happy to see this thread. I was at 281 a couple of weeks ago but I've gained some back. We got snowed in and I found myself eating more food and more often than I should have. Hopefully I'll be back on track soon and can say goodbye to the 280's for good.

Best of luck to us all.

Gamecockgrrl
01-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Hi all...I climbed on the scale this morning and I have gained a pound...so today I am 282! Errrrrgggghhhhh! To be honest, yesterday was rough so far as cravings go and I actually had a couple of diet sodas and didn't get all my water in, so it's not a big surprise, but still!

ThinningVegan
01-18-2011, 05:03 AM
Hey how are you ladies all doing?? Sorry to hear about your gain gamecockgrrl but 1 pound is easy to get rid of!! You can do it.

CanadianCutie
01-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi ladies, good to see more faces here. I'm hovering at 282.6- 282.8 the last two or three days. I am stressed. My boobs have grown over the past week and a half, and I'm less than a week from that time of the month. I'm wanting salt like crazy, but trying to avoid it. I don't want any more water retention than I usually get.

ThinningVegan
01-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Hey CanadianCutie! I hate TOM ugh!

I am now IN The 280's. Weighed in at 289.6 this morning. I hope to take off those 9.6 lbs as quickly and safely as I can. Can't wait to get into the 270's!

CanadianCutie
01-18-2011, 09:24 PM
That's awesome ThinningVegan! You are doing great.

Gamecockgrrl
01-19-2011, 12:48 AM
Hi all, I was 280.4 this morning. But I don't officially count my weight until Sunday. Today was my first day back to work after being out for 5 days and things were so hectic I didn't drink my water like I wanted. I made up for it once I got home and right now I feel like I've eaten a 10 course meal! I had a craving for potato salad (horrible I know), but I made it as healthy as I could with low fat mayo, and only allowed myself a little. I did pretty good otherwise today with a small breakfast and lunch, so my calories evened out in the end. I just don't like getting the bulk of calories at night...especially when I get home late as I did tonight. How is everyone else doing?

ThinningVegan
01-19-2011, 02:38 AM
Well I just forced myself to work out even though I wasn't really up for it tonight. I have a bit of a headache and feel just kind of icky, but I think after a shower and a delicious berry banana smoothie I might feel better.

I was very proud of myself today when I woke up. My husband and I have a room mate living here with us and she was sitting in the living room eating Mcdonalds. She offered me a little chicken sandwich and I of course turned it down and went to make my green smoothie with veggies. I was a little bummed out that she even offered in the first place because she knows damn well what I'm doing and that I re-committed myself to veganism. *Sighs* anyway I didn't eat it and that's all that matters.
:carrot:

aasshhlleeyy
01-19-2011, 04:04 AM
Hey girls Im just starting this weight loss journey but it has been so discouraging the past few days I will be down then up then down again...ugghhhh! Should I not weigh everyday? What do you ladies do as far as exercise?? I have been walking and doing weights 4 days a week started with 1.5 miles and am now up to 3... what am I doing wrong?

ThinningVegan
01-19-2011, 04:30 AM
Hmm not sure what you could be doing wrong as I don't really know what you are eating. Losing weight really really depends on what you put in your body. Also, how much water are you drinking? Maybe you need to start doing something else other than walking or pick up the speed and intensity at which you walk.

I am currently doing the beachbody Insanity program for exercise. Don't let it get you down about the scale. If you're just starting keep in mind it's going to be a journey and take awhile. Your body could be getting used to the changes!:carrot:

aasshhlleeyy
01-19-2011, 05:51 AM
i wish i could pick up the pace i had plans to do C25K and I tried but I broke two bones in my right leg in April and had a pretty nasty surery and now have lots of beautiful metal in there lol anyways I gave it a shot and was so sure Id be able to do it but it was so painful I couldnt run so I just stuck to walking and weight training. As far as my diet it has completely changed I am counting cals and eating about 1200 a day. I completely cut out wite refined flours and am only eating whole grains. I never really used to eat fuits and I have incorperated those as well I am also trying to keep protein on the up side and carbs and fats low. My one downfall that Im pretty sure I have is I am not drinking enough water :/

ThinningVegan
01-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Sorry to hear about your surgery and everything. You should be proud of yourself for trying anyway and sticking to plan regardless!

Water is my downfall too I never drink enough of it.

I was down to 288.8 this morning yay!:carrot:

CanadianCutie
01-22-2011, 12:10 PM
aasshhlleeyy, it sounds like you're probably not consuming enough calories, 1200 is the bare minimum the body needs to function. When I'm eating 1700-1800 consistently I lose, and this is with minimal exercise.
Great job, Vegan on turning down the McD's. I'm hanging in right at 282.8. Period is due today, but is sometimes a day late. Been craving carrots and mushrooms (I hate raw mushrooms, it's odd).

LuvMyMr
01-22-2011, 05:39 PM
279 as of this morning!!! I'm out!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

ThinningVegan
01-24-2011, 02:37 PM
AWESOME LUV!!! I'll see you in the 270's soon hopefully LOL

I was at 286.4 this morning. :)

I LOVE mushrooms yummy!

mmel3283
01-24-2011, 05:30 PM
I was 288 as of 2 weeks ago...I'm hoping I'm down this week at my meeting...I missed last weeks. BUT...I'm semi concerned I gained.

BUT 9 more lbs and I'm out of the 280's and 30lbs lost!!!

gagirl1
01-28-2011, 11:19 PM
I finally made it back down to 282. Whew, January has been a rough one! Hopefully I'll make it to the 270's soon.

Chamie
01-29-2011, 01:14 AM
HI! I hope you don't mind if I join you?!
I started this journey 2 weeks ago and weighed in at 295.6. My first weigh-in I had lost 11 pounds and weighed-in at 284.5 pounds. I weigh-in tomorrow again and hope to lose at least 5 pounds. I am a participant in our local community Biggest Loser contest. I am trying to watch calories and have started exercising this week. I pray I will see it on the scale tomorrow!! Hopefully goodbye to the 280's!!

taliee
01-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Hi! Nice to see another 280s thread, as the one I've been in tends to slow down a bit! (Here: The 280s Ladies - Our first official thread! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/207918-280s-ladies-our-first-official-thread-25.html)) I lost 30 pounds over the summer; first from Jenny Craig, then calorie counting--and then stalled from mid August to earlier this month because of emotional and academic stresses. I started back "on plan" on the 10th and have lost about 8 pounds so far! I definitely need to increase my exercise and water intake, but otherwise I think I'm doing well! Really ready to be out of the 280s SOON!!!

SuomiSara
02-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Anyone still here?

I want to join in. Working hard at getting down the scales! :carrot:

AZ Sunrises
02-02-2011, 04:50 PM
:s: I should be in the 270s by Monday. TOM will have ended, so I should see water weight dissipate.

Larry H
02-02-2011, 08:48 PM
I just made it out of the 290"s Onward and downward through the 280"s now.

Started at 317 and this morning's weight was 288

Larry,
--------------------
Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities.

CanadianCutie
02-02-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm up a bit, due to sodium for eating out while I was traveling. Trying not to add any salt to things, and eating things prepared at home, hoping for it to go back down. It isn't helping that my period still hasn't showed up, I'm 11 days late today.

DvineRbcc
02-03-2011, 02:52 AM
Mind if join you guys? I'm 291 as of Monday, moving into the 280's very soon! Down from highest known at 306.... refused to weigh any more after that!

Truth is I had bf remove my scale for a whole month, it was becoming an obsession and as my first weigh in proved after that month a hinderence..I was not losing, the number was high I felt defeated.

He removed the scale, but I was still "lost". So I decided to just do one thing: journal. Starting Jan 1 I committed myself to just one thing..writing down and tracking every morsel that touched my lips. It wasn't long before I spotted areas to work on...and over the following weeks i developed a plan. And i was thrilled when I weighed after a month, i was down over TEN POUNDS! that was HUGE for me after how long I had given up!

anyway, that's a bit about me! hope to see you all in, out of, and beyond the 280's!

Becky

ThinningVegan
02-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Hey everyone! So nice to see a bunch of new people here. Well last time I wrote in this thread I was 286.4. However, due to my TOM and too much sodium I am unfortunately showing 290.4 as of this morning. I'm going to work hard exercising and make sure I drink tons of water for the next few days and hopefully my weigh in on Monday will be a lot better.

AZ Sunrises
02-03-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm still bouncing between 280.6 and 281.8.

I'm so close to 279 that I can taste it.

SuomiSara
02-04-2011, 10:08 AM
I got a extra incentive today! I have two boys one is three and the new baby is just 3 months, so Ive booked flight tickets for our first trip back to the UK to show off baby. Outside of my parents Ive not seen my family since July. Easyjet have smaller seats and I need the baby on my lap so I need a little more room :p Would also be nice to look a little thinner! ;)

My weight doesnt seem to be shifting this week, will have to wait until Monday to say for sure. But until then I just got to keep doing it and trying hard.

ThinningVegan
02-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Well I'm back in the 280's... 289.2 this morning. My actual weigh in is Sunday and I am sure that by then my TOM will be over and I'll be down even more hopefully.

That's great incentive Sara!!

gagirl1
02-06-2011, 04:26 PM
My scales haven't worked for over a week. I looks like water somehow got inside the digital display so today I got a new one. Now I just need to get the batteries in and program my info. Not happy that the scale at the doctor's office was back up to 288. I guess I'll find out what my scale says officially in the morning

Porthardygurl
02-07-2011, 12:40 AM
Hey Hey Hey..thats me!!! Finally others who are stuck in 280's land.. Im at 286 right now..trying to get out of it.. I started my highest weight at 292 9 days ago and i am now down to 286 and trying my hardest to climb lower into the 270s..i started working out finally..it was my second day working out today..so hopefully it will help me progress faster.. Im on South Beach by da way.

SuomiSara
02-07-2011, 02:41 AM
Scales havent moved this week. :mad:

Ive been really good and only missed exercise one day when I couldnt physically do it due to something at the doctors.:(

I feel a bit deflated as its only my third weigh in, but Im being good and keeping it up though I feel like eating chocolate.

mmel3283
02-07-2011, 10:33 AM
I'm still stuck at 288. I had a 3lb gain after a binge...which I wont be doing ever again...

So I lost what I gained...and now I'm hoping to be out of the 280's within in the next 2 weeks or so...Hopefully.

ThinningVegan
02-08-2011, 12:42 AM
Well I was 287.4 today. So at least I'm moving in the right direction. I am hoping to be well under 285 at the end of the week.

CanadianCutie
02-08-2011, 12:29 PM
288.7 this morning. Not changing my ticker cause that I will get back down to what I was at. Been stressed a bit. Awaiting the results on a blood Pregnancy test, trying to eat well, but when I'm nervous I tend to eat everything in sight. I'm trying to stay away from the unhealthy stuff. Drinking lots of water, eating lots of high fiber foods.

ThinningVegan
02-22-2011, 10:58 PM
282.6 today!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Hoping to be in the 270's soon. How are you all doing?

Bulletproof Heart
02-23-2011, 12:36 AM
Hey! :) Im stuck in the 280s right now between 285 and 284 because of TOM :lol:

@ThinningVegan
Congrats on soon getting to the 270s!!!!

OhMyDogs
02-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Hiya Everyone!!

284 here, and no offense, but hoping to be leaving you all soon! lol

Bulletproof Heart
02-23-2011, 01:23 PM
@OhMyDogs

:lol: Im at 284 also and I bet everyone feels the same way! But everyone can go to the "gettings out of the 270s" if there is one!

taliee
02-24-2011, 03:20 AM
I'm still stuck in the 280s! I was SO close at the end of January when I hit 282, but I got off track in February and it brought me up to 286. I went back on plan Tuesday and intend to stick to it, so we'll see how it goes!

ThinningVegan
02-24-2011, 07:49 AM
280.2 lbs today! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

We can do it ladies!!! Last one to the 270's is a rotten egg haha :dizzy:

Bulletproof Heart
02-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Down to 283.2! To be there weren't more days left 4days left of this month and 3.2pounds to lose that would be hard haha

Congrats ThinningVegan!! :D

@taliee
you can do it! just stick to your plan!!

OhMyDogs
02-24-2011, 01:06 PM
I feel miserable, my weight is coming off SO slowly. And while I know 1) I have gone off track for an evening here and there and 2) slow weight loss is still weight loss, I can't help but think, I started this journey almost 6 weeks ago, and the weight should be coming off faster.

I know I have gone off track, but on the whole, I am eating SO much better, and more consistently than I was prior to starting my weight loss journey. As well I now drink at least 2litres of water a day (from NO water before) and I am also working out now, when I was very sedentary before.

I think I am going to be in this group for at least another 4 weeks...sigh.

Bulletproof Heart
02-24-2011, 02:29 PM
@OhMyDogs

You can do it! Slow weight loss is better then none! Are you exercising?

OhMyDogs
02-24-2011, 02:59 PM
I am, I go to the gym 3x a week and do 45-50 minutes of cardio and 1 set on the weight machines, I just added doing steps at home (about 30 minutes). I eat between 1600-1800 calories a day...of the weight i have lost, I lost 6lbs in the first week. The rest of it has been since the 17th of Jan. I am NOT willing to take 3 years trying to get this weight off. 1 or 1.5, sure...but 3 years?

I am not looking to lose 10lbs a week, or even the 6lbs I lost the first week, but at my weight, I would be happy losing 2-3lbs per week.

Bulletproof Heart
02-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Im no expert but maybe to much exercise? I know for me I do 30-60min 6days a week and get in around 1000-1200 calories but everyone is different what about taking in less calories on the days you dont exercise?

OhMyDogs
02-24-2011, 03:39 PM
well I was originally eating 1200 calories, and stalled out way early into my weight loss journey, so it was suggested that I eat 1800 calories, now I just can't get that many calories in most days, so I settled between 1600-1800.

Uggg...its just all so frustrating. Don't mind me, I am having a down day. I'll probably be a lot better tomorrow. I didn't get enough sleep last night.

Meggie Girl
02-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Hi all,

Yes, I'm in the 280s zone also but it sure does beat the 300s+.

Clothes that I haven't worn for ages are fitting well, if not loosely. It's great incentive.

I'm looking forward to being down to the 240-250s. That, if Plan A doesn't slide into Plan Z3 should happen by the end of May. I hope so. My guy will be coming home from being OS, I hope to make a good impression. It's great motivation.

Keep up with the water, stay away from the chocs! Catch you later.

ThinningVegan
02-25-2011, 04:11 AM
Ohmydogs... my suggestion is to up your water intake. I know it's difficult and going from nothing to 2 litres a day is awesome, but you should be drinking about 3.5 to 4 litres of water a day for your weight. As we get smaller we need less water, but I can't tell you enough how much of a difference it makes for me when I get in all my water.

Also have you tried calorie cycling or mixing up what you are doing at the gym? Perhaps your body has already gotten used to the exact same calories and exercises all the time?

ThinningVegan
02-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Well, I was at 279 when I woke up today. I'm going to wait until Sunday before I count it as officially being out of the 280's just because that's my actual weigh in day. Hopefully it sticks. :p

gagirl1
03-07-2011, 12:50 AM
Anyone still stuck in the 280's with me? I'm hanging out around 284. Maybe it'll be gone in a couple of weeks.

Bulletproof Heart
03-07-2011, 01:20 AM
Im still here, but im at 280.4 and I found out if I weight at night and im around only 1-2pounds over then I lost weight so I might not be in the 280s when I weigh in the morning

SuomiSara
03-07-2011, 04:13 AM
Im just hanging in, hopefully in the 270's next week :wave:

Bulletproof Heart
03-07-2011, 09:41 AM
279.6 this morning :D! Good luck to everyone else getting to the 270s!!!!!!!

Porthardygurl
03-09-2011, 12:59 AM
ARGHHHHh! i am in the 279 but it seems to go back and forth between 280 and 279..and its taking forever to get anywhere!!!!!!! My clothes dont even fit any different and i dont even look any different.

SuomiSara
03-14-2011, 05:53 AM
Im out now, good luck everyone. Keep going! :hug:

ilbnej
03-18-2011, 10:11 PM
I am just starting my trip through the 280s (287-ish all week this week) - is there anyone left/new that is still in this range right now?

CanadianCutie
03-18-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm still here, welcome.

ilbnej
03-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Thanks, CanadianCutie! Looks like we're about at the same spot.

I started in January and I've been losing about 1.5 - 2 pounds a week so far. But there is so far to go to reach "healthy" - I'm keeping track (setting goals) in 6 week chunks - I am getting close to the end of the second six weeks and so far I'm where I want to be.

Hopefully I'll be able to get into the 270s by mid-April. I'm hoping this site will help with accountability for these goals.

OhMyDogs
03-24-2011, 09:51 PM
My official weigh in on Monday was 282.5, this morning I stepped on the scale, just because, and was at 280.5...I won't leave until I am below 280 on my scheduled weigh in though!

ilbnej
03-25-2011, 03:15 AM
Way to go, Oh My Dogs! Sounds like you'll be able to make it next weigh in easily.

ilbnej
03-25-2011, 09:00 PM
I weighed in at 284 this afternoon. Woo hoo! My current goal is 282 by the end of next week (next Sunday, I guess it would be). I am on my way!

OhMyDogs
03-29-2011, 10:42 AM
I got on the scale today, and it read 278.5! I'm sorry my friends, but I must leave, and fall down the ladder!! Best of Luck, and hope to see you soon in the 270's thread!!

konfyoozed
03-29-2011, 10:51 AM
hey everyone, i just entered the 280s, so i'll probably be here for a few weeks (my goal is to wander over to the 270s thread by the end of april.)

CanadianCutie
03-29-2011, 10:54 AM
285.4 this morning. My offical weigh in is Monday's but yesterday was such a long and emotional day I didn't even have time to think let alone weigh myself. so did today.

ilbnej
03-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Welcome konfyoozed (Mandy)!

konfyoozed
03-30-2011, 02:33 PM
firmly into the 280s, i think, without revisiting the 290s unless i have a serious issue... scale this morning said 287.0 and TOM just left so i won't have the predictable flux in weight before the visit bumping me back up. woo!

ilbnej
03-30-2011, 09:52 PM
Fabulous news, Mandy! Way to go!

ilbnej
04-02-2011, 08:12 PM
282 today! Within 2 weeks, I should be out of the 280s. I cannot wait!

konfyoozed
04-06-2011, 05:20 PM
*almost* halfway through.. 285.7 today...

getting there!

CanadianCutie
04-06-2011, 07:08 PM
282.6 this morning. I had the flu this past weekend, so I'm sure that had something to do with matters, but as a result I have no "taste" for anything greasy or sweet. I'm hoping to be at 279 or lower by next Thursday morning.

ilbnej
04-06-2011, 08:52 PM
*almost* halfway through.. 285.7 today...

getting there!

You are well on your way to the 270s by the end of this month. At this rate, maybe even sooner! Yay!

ilbnej
04-06-2011, 09:04 PM
282.6 this morning. I had the flu this past weekend, so I'm sure that had something to do with matters, but as a result I have no "taste" for anything greasy or sweet. I'm hoping to be at 279 or lower by next Thursday morning.

Sorry to hear you've had the flu - that is not fun at all! But I suppose if you have to suffer anyway, it is good that you at least aren't tempted right now. Silver lining and whatnot.

As for your latest weigh-in, it sounds like if I want keep hanging out with you on here, I'll have to get below 280 soon, because I don't think you're going to be on this thread much longer!

konfyoozed
04-08-2011, 10:40 PM
284.8 today... crossed the halfway mark...

ahh i can't wait to fall down the ladder into the 270s thread :) 5 pounds down, 5ish pounds to go!

ilbnej
04-09-2011, 12:10 AM
284.8 today... crossed the halfway mark...

ahh i can't wait to fall down the ladder into the 270s thread :) 5 pounds down, 5ish pounds to go!

Nice! At this rate that wedding dress is going to be loose by May!

konfyoozed
04-09-2011, 12:14 AM
I HOPE SO...

that will make it so much easier to move around in!

ilbnej
04-10-2011, 02:49 PM
281 this weekend! I am starting to get very excited about the. 270s now that they are so darn close. . .

konfyoozed
04-10-2011, 06:33 PM
i'm lookin forward to joinin you there!

so so close. maybe another week or so for me.

konfyoozed
04-16-2011, 12:14 PM
ended my week on a bump up wards to 282.4 (loss of 2.4 for the week)

if i have another 2.4 loss this coming week, i will be out of the 280s! :D

ilbnej
04-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Awesome, Mandy! It's probably cycle-related, so I bet you will be out of here next week! I was 280 this morning (I'm on the 1.5/week plan), so I hope to be joining you there.

konfyoozed
04-17-2011, 09:02 PM
i dono... i was 281.1 this morning... i'm hoping the fact that i'm on the pill keeps the bloat to a minimum... maybe even continue to show a loss through TOM!

konfyoozed
04-20-2011, 01:54 PM
all by myself in here... but i'm about to head to the next one down soon...

280.6... less than a pound to go!

JamiSue3916
04-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Yay Mandy! I've been saving you a seat in the 270's!!

konfyoozed
04-20-2011, 02:07 PM
i'm sure i will be there in the next few days. especially if TOM does not wreak havoc with my scales :)

ilbnej
04-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Go Mandy, Go!

I'll be TOM next week, so I have a feeling, I'll be sitting right around the 280 mark for two more official weigh-ins, but then hopefully (fingers crossed) and if I stay on track (ahem, Easter), once I do hit the 270s, I'll be a week closer with the post-TOM water-release woosh.

CaliforniaDreamer
04-20-2011, 02:26 PM
congrats Mandy! TOM is ruining my weigh-ins :( but hopefully when it's over I will be in the lower end of the 270's.

konfyoozed
04-21-2011, 11:41 AM
ladies, if my scale is in agreement tomorrow morning, i will be bidding you all adieu and hoping to see you all in the 270s thread!

279.5 this morning! :D :D :D

konfyoozed
04-22-2011, 03:23 PM
downward i go.. 278.2 today! officially out of the 280s!!!

now i need to find the 270s thread...

taliee
04-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Yes! A 270s thread. I'm in!

ilbnej
04-22-2011, 06:43 PM
downward i go.. 278.2 today! officially out of the 280s!!!

now i need to find the 270s thread...

Amazing! Hope to see you there soon!

ilbnej
04-29-2011, 02:02 AM
Ladies (I think we are all ladies in here), I have good news and bad news. I've now weighed in under 280 two days in a row, so unmoving on to the 270s thread. I hope to see you all there soon!

anawhatsme
05-11-2011, 11:00 PM
i hope to be out of the 280s within the next 2 weeks.
this saturday is my weigh in day, so we'll see how much closer i am then.

ilbnej
05-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Ana, I'll see you in the 270s when you get there (I've been there about two weeks and I'll likely be there at least another 2)!

anawhatsme
05-12-2011, 12:08 AM
thanks, ilbnej!
i'd love to be there this coming week, but i'd have to lose at least 4.4
that's doable, but i won't count on it happening.

thanks again for the spreadsheet!

anawhatsme
05-14-2011, 12:43 PM
so hopefully next week i'll be out of the 280's.
i'm 2 pounds closer though.

ilbnej
05-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Way to go, Ana!

anawhatsme
05-15-2011, 12:50 PM
thanks!!

charliee
05-16-2011, 07:05 AM
Hi, looks like just as I'm joining this group, everyone is leaving. :) Congratulations to everyone who has moved on.

My starting weight is 286, hoping to be in the 270's thread in 3 weeks. Wish me luck!

anawhatsme
05-19-2011, 04:07 PM
welcome, charliee.
i'm not gone ...yet.
i peeked at the scale today and it was 279. something.
i didn't pay too close attention because my weigh day is actually saturday.
all i cared about was seeing the second number be a 7 rather than an 8.
i'm really hoping to get out of the 280s this week.

charliee
05-20-2011, 06:14 AM
Congrats Anawhatsme! It's been hard but I've been eating pretty healthy all week. I'm not somewhere where I have a scale right now, but I'll be home in a week and have my fingers crossed that I'll be down at least 2 pounds. I'll see you in the 270's soon!

onagain1
05-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Hi charliee! I'm at 285.5 and hoping be out of the 280s in a few weeks. I had a bad day yesterday, but I am back on plan today. I'm going to try to get in a good workout session today!

charliee
05-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Hi Onagain1,

Good for you! One of my biggest issues is making sure a bad day doesn't turn into a bad week month year :p, I'm always making excuses like I can start again on Monday. That's one of the reasons I joined this board, so I can be accountable to someone other than myself.

We'll be in the 270's thread before you know it. I can taste our victory!

BTW - is your name a play on Onegin? That is one of my favourite books!

anawhatsme
05-21-2011, 07:40 AM
hey gang!
i'm 277.8 today, that's a loss of 4.4, and i am sooooooo happy!
keep plugging away and i will see you guys in the 270s soon!!

charliee
05-21-2011, 10:45 PM
So, I've been getting into the pool every day for the past week. I'm on vacation so I have to tell you it's been a little hard to stay motivated. Mostly I would prefer to just lay around in a beach chair with my kindle and a frosty margarita. :)

Since swimming is so much easier on the joints then running I might switch out some of my running when I get home with some trips to the pool.

Oh and I also ate bacon at breakfast this morning. So fingers crossed I can still hit my goal of 3 pounds lost by the time I get home.

anawhatsme
05-21-2011, 11:21 PM
hey charliee.
good for you - getting in the pool.
i'm sure it's hard staying on plan while on vacation.
but you are allowed to treat yourself - like with the bacon.
all things in moderation.
and if you have food choices that you know aren't the greatest, just balance it out with a little extra exercise and water.
this is for life girl - so ya gotta live!

onagain1
05-22-2011, 09:30 AM
So, I've been getting into the pool every day for the past week. I'm on vacation so I have to tell you it's been a little hard to stay motivated. Mostly I would prefer to just lay around in a beach chair with my kindle and a frosty margarita. :)

Since swimming is so much easier on the joints then running I might switch out some of my running when I get home with some trips to the pool.

Oh and I also ate bacon at breakfast this morning. So fingers crossed I can still hit my goal of 3 pounds lost by the time I get home.

I highly recommend working out in the pool. We have a pool, so I work out there a lot when it's warm. I have a bad back, so being in the water is easier for me.

I had bacon for breakfast yesterday. But I only ate two slices for 90 calories. However, we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner last night after a birthday party. I think I did okay, but they don't have any nutritional info listed on their site. I only ate half of my dinner to be safe. Today should be an easy day, because we are eating all our meals at home. Eating out really does me in sometimes!

gagirl1
05-29-2011, 10:18 AM
I have been gone from this board for a while. I got seriously derailed but have been back on track for the past couple of weeks. Although my official weigh in is tomorrow I have today planned and know that it is going to be a good one. I am official declaring victory over the 280's. As of this morning I am 278.4. Congrats to all of you who have already made it and keep up the good work to those of you still fighting with the 280's.

Look forward to seeing you all in the 270's and beyond...

anawhatsme
05-29-2011, 01:32 PM
congratulations, gagirl!!

sevencallmemom
05-30-2011, 06:34 PM
I was so thrilled to get into the 280's 2 weeks ago, but now I am SOOOO ready to leave them behind. Only lost a half pound this week.

Just another couple of weeks now...I hope!

charliee
05-31-2011, 01:25 PM
Congrats gagirl1! I got home from vacation yesterday and weighed myself this morning. 281.2 Whoo hoo! On vaction and down 5 pounds. I'm pretty psyched. Hopefully I'll be out of the 280's next week!

charliee
06-03-2011, 02:10 AM
Ate a lot of sodium today... and ice cream :). It's harder for me to stay focused when it's so beautiful out. Didn't do well overall today and I think the scale will show it in the morning. But I'll be back on track tomorrow. Wish me luck!

charliee
06-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Today is my official wi day and I'm down to 276.2. Yay me!! So I'm officially heading off to the get me out of the 270's thread. SevenCallMeMom and onagain1 hope to see you there soon!

OnMyWayDown
06-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Well here I am in the 280's! 289.5 Yesterday and this morning!!! Well lets see if there are others in this group or if its just me.... I found this thread on page 5 so we shall see.

A little about me..... I started my journey May 12th at 322 and here I am in the 280's on June 28th
:cb::broc::carrot:

My goal is 281.5 by the 12th of July so I would assume I should be here for at least a couple of weeks. Hopefully I will have others to join as the 290's club seemed more like a blog than a thread :dizzy:

I am doing the SBD and I do 30 min on the treadmill EVERY day. I just started weight training the last part of last week. I think I actually really like it. :strong:

Still trying to fit into the 24's comfortably when sitting but these darn 26's I litterally take off without unbuttoning....:dancer:

So who wants to get into the 270's with me??????

98DaysOfSummer
06-28-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm in the mid 280s and I'm ready to be OUT! If it's not too late, I'd like to join you all here, please!

OnMyWayDown
06-28-2011, 12:55 PM
98days- Oh please join us. I use the term "us" loosely as I am not sure who else will actually post as I just resurfaced this thread.

Love the rolling smile fur balls

MrsTee
06-28-2011, 08:28 PM
OMWD - I'll help you hold this thread up !

I started May 1st at 324 and am 291.5 today. So I am getting close ! I do Low GI - similar to SBD but not really a diet with rules, more about making changes to eating, and I stick loosely to 1200 cals.

98 hi there! good to meet you.

OnMyWayDown
06-28-2011, 09:11 PM
:MrsTee- ok so I guess I am feeling kind of ******ed for saying this but I have no idea how to count calories???? I suppose if I wanted to I could but I despise the idea of weighing and tracking each and every item that enters my mouth. I have an issue with taking things to far so I imagine that with calorie counting I would find myself going nuts about each and every item.

South Beach seems to give me the freedoms to eat most of the things that I like and find ways to fit an evening out into my diet.

We should all stick what works for us best but I like the idea of being able to restrict calories if SB isn't an option for me at times.

Well today I did an extra 15 min on the treadmill, my free weights, and ready for this....
I attempted 2 sets of crunches! :rofl:

Yes this must have been the funniest thing to see. Thank god I was home alone.

It must be amazing to live in Australia. I haven't made it there yet but it's on my list.

Congrats on being soooo close to the 280's.

It's amazing how quickly we lose weight when we set our minds to it. :)

geoblewis
07-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Hey girls! No need to be lonely! I made a combined thread for 280s and 290s (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/237102-moving-out-290s-280s.html#post3917893). There's plenty of room to join the party!

reallytrying
07-02-2011, 10:34 PM
This is me. I am now at 284 and I want out of it! I was down 4 pounds this week. So hopefully maybe this coming week with more working out, I will get down into the 270s. I cannot WAIT for it to go under the 200 mark!

alyssarof2012
11-14-2011, 10:49 AM
I am 289.6 but I am going to start in the 290s thread for a week to be sure I am safely in the 280s. Posting on this thread to let myself recognize that I am on my way to getting out of the 280s!