Weight Loss Support - 4 Week Challenge ,You Have The Will and the Power To Make This Dream a Reality!

Gennel
11-24-2002, 07:55 PM
Another 4 Week Challenge! Send me a Private Message if you want to join the challenge. Just let me know how many pounds you will try to lose in 4 weeks. We weigh in every saturday. You dont have to post your weight if you dont want to.Just let me know how many pounds you lost that week. I've been joining challenges since Feb/2002 and I've lost 65 pounds so far. So I've decided to keep the challenges going. My goals are to maintain my current weight and maybe just maybe lose the last 4 lbs that I've dreamed of! Below are my before and after pictures. There is NO magic pill,no special secret. Just move your body,walk everyday.Create your favorite meals and simply subsitute the fattening ingredients with lowfat or fatfree ingredients! Drink your water.IF you can keep a food journal,this really helps.My starting weight was 194 lbs and now 129 lbs.

http://www.getting2goal.com/success/gen.php <----MY STORY

Gen..Goal..1.5 lbs

Laney1733...Goal 4 lbs

AnigeMe..Goal 8 lbs

Kina..Goal 8 lbs

Kempyd..Goal 2.5 lbs

Choci..Goal 10 lbs

Sahvara..Goal 4 lbs

Wykyd..Goal 5 lbs

Grizzly..Goal 10 lbs

Jen519..Goal 8 lbs

sheila_220..Goal 10 lbs

Gen
194/129/125 ( My Dream Ultimate Goal!)

laney1733
11-24-2002, 08:44 PM
I guess I'll be the first to sign up this time. I'm going to aim for 4 pounds. I have got to get my act together and do better with my eating plan. Yeah, like actually following it for starters!! Have a great night everyone!

angieME
11-24-2002, 08:47 PM
You look great!!! I have never seen a before pic of you and there is a big difference. You have toned up so well that you would never be able to guess that you ever had weight issues. GOOD JOB!!!

I am going to go for another 8 pounds for this challenge.I know it is probably higher than I should expect for the holidays but I am going to do my best to not mess up at all.:crossed:

Gennel
11-24-2002, 11:38 PM
The thing I like the most from the before and after pics is that I look a few years younger in the after pic! :)

I better jump into bed so I can wake up in the morning! If not I'll bump into the walls,try to put the gallon of milk in our kitchen cabinets instead of the fridge! lol I've done that when I'm still asleep lol

ttyl!

Gen

Kina
11-24-2002, 11:51 PM
Gennel put me down for 8! I am going to work hard to succeed. Thanks for continuing the challenges it helps to keep many of us motivated. I am going to take a look at your pics in a second. But I know you look totally transforned I seen before but I never bore of looking them they are truly an inspiration to keep my efforts high. Thank you again.

Kina
So put me down for 8 on this challenge.

angieME
11-25-2002, 08:01 AM
Gen, this is the perfect month for you to post your pics. It should give us all the extra boost and motivation to make it through this month. THANKS!!!

Well, I am off to buy my sexy boots. Like an idiot, I didn't notice the sale started on Sunday,Duh!!

I hope you all have an awesome day and Kempy...I think we must have been on the different servers all weekend because i didn't catch up with you once.I was on here alot too. I will talk to you this afternoon. How else would you get through the workday. LOL

Rusty*Rusty
11-25-2002, 08:15 AM
Good morning! Gennel - please sign me up for another 8 pound challenge.

I wound up with a 5 pound loss for the November challenge and I'm happy with that.

Awesome pix - you are an inspiration to us all. Thanks for all the love and support you send out!

Kempyd
11-25-2002, 10:27 AM
Shoot! It looks like instead of a lose I put on about 5 lbs. I am hoping it is b/c of mother nature. I am hoping that tomorrow I can hop on the scale and the water will be gone.

Oh well, I guess I will stick with my 2.5 for this challenge too. I hope I do better this time.

Rusty*Rusty
11-25-2002, 12:23 PM
Started walking today with the Leslie Sansone 1 Mile tape - I got the set and can only hope that my endurance will go up. I was dragging at the end of the mile - and sweating pretty good - but I made it. The 2 pound weight set really works your arms, too! I'm a little amazed. A whole beginner's workout with warmup and stretches in fifteen minutes. Phase two of my new way of living. :)

Sahvara
11-25-2002, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I gotta agree, you put in tons of effort Gen. And that was all done this year! Wow! Sixty-five pounds.... makes me dizzy just thinking about it.

I'm gonna shoot for another 4lbs, even though Thanksgiving and X-Mas are coming up and I have until 12/5 to reach my first 4lb goal, but I think I'm gonna make it or at least get within .4lbs of it. Technicalities eh? So yeah... put me down for another 4. :D

Everyone have a good day. I know I won't cuz I'll be busy as heck for the next: 24 hours. I don't know if I'll go to sleep, I may have to pull an all nighter for my exam tomorrow. :( Why do we students always wait till the last minute???

Gotta get back to work!

~Sahvara

choci
11-25-2002, 01:55 PM
Count me in, ladies! I think that this challenge may be the extra incentive I was looking for. I want to lose 10 pounds by Christmas... I know it sounds like a lot, but I do have a lot to lose (150 lbs, ideally!), and I know I can do it!

Good luck to everyone!

wykyd
11-25-2002, 05:15 PM
Hi All, Congrats on your losses!

I lost a total of three pounds all up- not the seven I was hoping for , but a start!
Put me down for a five pound goal this time Gennel, that will take me to the big 220...and counting down.... ;)

:devil:

grizzlyschick
11-25-2002, 06:12 PM
Hey everyone. Gennel put me down for another 10. My biggest goal was to lose 130 pounds this year and I'm very close to that now. I'll let you all know how close depending on my loss this week. I know 10's a big number, but I think if I keep setting the 10lb goals then I'll work hard to reach it. I'm at the lowest weight I've been since I was a teenager. Probably more toned up now though. So if everything goes as I hope I'll be way ahead of schedule by the end of December. I'm vowing to work extra hard for the rest of the year in hopes I'll reach my goal a little sooner than expected. Well sorry for rambling. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. See you at weigh in on Saturday. Take care. Di:)

Dips'n'twists
11-26-2002, 02:18 AM
Headin' home!!!

I'll have to get back with you on my weight loss goal for the next 4 weeks, Gen. Right now I'm so thrilled to be going home I can't think straight. I've been awake for the last 26 (I'm trying to wear myself out so I can sleep through the flight) And it's almost like I can smell My mom's turkey from here!!

BTW Gen, you are looking fabulous. I really look forward to our meeting in florida. Anyways, gotta go to the airport.

Ciao Ladies!!!

jen519
11-26-2002, 09:14 AM
I'm going for 8 pounds this challenge. I joined the last one a bit late, but I didn't manage to lose 1 pound! Oh well. The great thing about this is that the first weigh-in is 2 days AFTER thanksgiving.
Di, you are my hero. When I look at how far I have to go, I can remember how far you've come!
Rusty, I was thinking about buying that set of tapes, but I'm too cheap to make the full investment, so I bought a single Leslie Sansone tape which isn't part of that set to see if I liked her style. I do! I'm going to get the whole "walk away the pounds" set too.
Good luck to everyone!

Jen
238/235/140

sheila_220
11-26-2002, 09:30 AM
I hope you don't mind me jumping in here, but i could really use a challenge to keep me motivated over the holidays. So if you don't mind i'd like to pledge to lose 10lbs. in your challenge.

:cb:

Rusty*Rusty
11-26-2002, 09:31 AM
Jen - it was nice to read all the good things everyone said about the set before I bought it. I had read the comments in the Exercise forum and it stuck in my head that they were popular and good for beginners. When I saw the set at Walmart I wasn't absolutely positive that it was the right set - so I came home and checked again. Then I couldn't wait to get it so I ordered it online. I'm off to do another mile. I'm going to wait til I get to feeling comfortable with the first one and have the others to look forward to. Amazing how a couple two pound weight can start to feel like they're working your arms and chest - they look like nothing at all.

I have to remember to keep the weights up in a safe place tho - they look VERY interesting to the two boxers. They'd have a ball with them - for about two minutes. LOL

Dipsy! Have fun!!

Kempyd
11-26-2002, 10:12 AM
Shelia glad you could join us. The more the merrier!

Dips I hope you ang Gen get a chance to meet. I think that would be so cool that one of us will actually get to meet. I bet that doesn't happen very much.

I hope every one has a good Thanksiving. I will miss talking to you all. We are out in the middle of no where so I won't be able to check in. That makes me sad. Maybe that will give me some more time for exercise. We'll see.

wykyd
11-26-2002, 02:12 PM
Grizzlyschick- Its success stories like yours that help me keep going when I think I can't eat another ounce of skinless chicken and pretend its southern fried! If you can, maybe I can too. I'm so impressed!

grizzlyschick
11-26-2002, 07:49 PM
Thank you both so much for your encouraging words. Having all of you behind me is one of the things that helps continue to keep pushing me to my goal. When I started at 330 in April of this year, I would never have believed it was possible for me to ever lose 50 lbs again let alone almost 130. Reading all of the posts and seeing that I'm not the only one going through this is what keeps me going. wykyd and Jen you both made my day! I'm glad we're in this together!:) Take care- Di

Gennel
11-27-2002, 10:08 AM
Just wanted to welcome you Sheila! I put you down for 10 lb goal for this challenge! It ends on Christmas Eve .

Well I'm stuck at home a little later than usual typing up invoices for Thanksgiving deliveries! I have a small home business that we rent Bouncehouses,cottoncandy,sno cone machines,tables ,chairs etc...... Everybody is calling me last minute to reserve chairs and tables for tonight so they can have it for Thanksgiving dinner! I have NO MORE chairs and tables! Anyway I'm just venting a little lol.Why do people wait 24 hours before a Holiday and think they will find stuff to be delivered at there front door on the same day???

I have to get to the GYM TODAY!!!! Lastnight I made a Pumpkin/cheesecake pie from scratch! Well I didnt use any lowfat ingredients so its loaded with fat and calories! The mix was so big that I had enough for another pie so I just baked a seperate one without crust. OMG its soooooooo good! I had spoonfull and by dinner it turned into a slice! So today I have to get into the gym and ask for forgiveness for my sins lol.

ttyl!
Gen

angieME
11-27-2002, 02:11 PM
I got a recipe for Pumpkin cheesecake in my Taste of Homes this month too. I would love to try it but If I fall off the wagon i'm not sure i would get back on. LOL I think I am better off not tempting fate. I also know what you mean about last minute orders. We get those for donuts all the time and not just a dozen or 2. The mills will call us at 6 and expect 30 or 40 dozen done and delivered by 4 in the morning. I hate it when they do it but ....

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! Don't eat too much!!!

angieME
11-28-2002, 06:42 PM
I ate 3 oz. turkey,1/2 cup mashed potato/no butter and 1/2 cup stuffing( I had a couple of extra bites but sshhh don't tell. LOL) and gravy from a packet(no fat). For dessert I baked pumpkin pie without crust and I took a sundae cup and made a pumpkin parfait with Fat Free cool whip layers. I haven't eaten it yet.I am saving it for later to savor.I am so proud of myself. I have no desset left in the house because I only baked what I needed and threw the rest out.

I hope you all had a wonderful day!!!:dizzy:

jen519
11-28-2002, 08:44 PM
O.K. folks.
I'm at my mom's house. I munched on veggies (and dip, unfortunately) before the meal. Then I had a plate of turkey, stuffing, potatoes and gravy, and 2 rolls. That would have been enough, but I had to go back for another serving of p and g, stuffing and another roll too. Now I could still eat another plateful and I really want to. That's why I'm in here typing at all of you! I feel right on the verge of being uncomfortable, but I'm done eating. I'm not a fan of pumpkin pie, and mom says there's nothing chocolate, so I'm pretty much safe I think. Unless of course my sister, who just arrived, brought her dutch apple pie. Then I will have a piece of that with a small dab of whipped cream. It's a holiday. It's O.K. to eat, just not overeat. The second plate wasn't what I had planned, but if there's a dessert I love, I won't deprive myself. That usually makes me go home and pig out on everything I can find. Gosh, I'm so grateful that I could come in here and know there's support. It made it possible for me to leave the table at a critical moment. Thanks all and happy turkey day.

Jen
238/235/140

Kina
11-29-2002, 03:22 AM
Sheila~~~welcome to the thread and happy holidays.

Girls! I pigged out! Okay now that that is off my chest I'm okay. So tomorrow marks a new day and yesterday is only a memory. The choices I make from here forward is what matters.

I have committed myself to doing 1 hour on the elliptical machine 3 times a week. Now I don't know how many miles that is because I have never gone that far in one workout. Whoo that is going to be a doozey. But I am going to do it. Starting tomorrow. Actually I should say starting Friday November 29 otherwise tomorrow will never come.

Today turkey day marked my daughter's 12 birthday at 11:56pm. She is a true blessing. She requested a cheescake for her cake and so I made two for her. She was totally excited about it. Wow I have a 12 year old child! YIKES!

Well I am heading for bed I need to regain some energy for tomorrows shopping. Talk to you all again. I hope that everyone got to see their family on Thanksgiving.

Kina

sheila_220
11-29-2002, 01:40 PM
just so you know, i pigged out too. And to make things worse, i tripped over my dumbbell and broke my toe. I should be called the dumbbell for leaving them in the middle of the room. Anyways, it didn't stop me from shopping today. I'm paying for it now though.

Rusty*Rusty
11-29-2002, 03:17 PM
Oh no - Sheila! Don't let it stop you, tho. Even if you have to work out a bit sitting down. When I'm sitting here at the PC and pages are taking a long time to load I grab an 11 lb dumbbell that I keep next to my chair and do some of those behind the head things to work on my triceps. When the fat is gone - I'm hoping I'll find muscle underneath. Right now I still have wings like a fruitbat. LOL

Made it thru the Thanksgiving Day with little binging. Planned ahead - and being home with BoxerBob helped. Had we gone to family I'm sure I would have been sunk at the first appetizer! I am a saltaholic muncher.

Let's get back on the wagon and keep on moving!

wykyd
11-29-2002, 04:52 PM
Weighed in first thing this a.m. Two pounds down!

yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!

(wykyd, very happy, can you tell?)

angieME
11-29-2002, 06:20 PM
WAY TO GO WYKYD!!!!!!!You are doing great!!!!

Kina
11-30-2002, 03:40 AM
Way to go Wykyd! That is totally great especially with the holidays looming. I wish I could say the same but soon.

Well I am here to report that I did one hour on the elliptical and it was tougher than I thought it would be.

I am heading for the shower now and off to bed. I just drank some Nyquil and it is doing its job...getting me drowsy. I am trying to get rid of this cold that I caught last Sunday.

I hope everyone survived the after Thanksgiving shopping. I didn't even bother as bad as I was feeling. Okay well talk to you all next time.
Kina

angieME
11-30-2002, 08:26 AM
I usually weigh myself on Wednesdays but I decided to change it to Saturdays so it will be easier for the challenges.I lost 3 pounds this week!!!! I am thrilled. That was even with the sliver of pudding pie on Wednesday and the pumpkin parfait on Thanksgiving!!! YIPPEE!!! 2 more pounds and I can change my avatar.

I should be getting an awesome elliptical as soon as the people get back from the holiday. I found a Nordic Track CXT 990 for $550 or BO. It costs $1200 new and they have only had it since February. I have been noticing that on the treadmill my knees have been sore so maybe this will help. If that one is gone then I am going to get a Proform from Sears on the 4th.

Gen, Do you know what iFIT.com is? Both machines use it.

I hope everyone has a great weigh in and good luck.

206.5/182/130

Gennel
11-30-2002, 08:36 AM
Wykyd you did awesome!!!! Today is weigh in and I totally forgot until I checked the thread! I didnt weigh in and I dont want to! lol I'm sure I gained at least a pound! I ate so much Thursday! OMG lol I got to eat Honey Ham that I wanted so badly! So I had turkey with Honey Ham, black rice and beans,macaroni salad,potato salad,pumkin pie and Flan. I dont know if you guys know what Flan is but its made with Carnation milk ,eggs,vanilla andsugar. And of course Eggnog too! I'm getting back on track Monday morning through Friday then I'll weigh in saturday! Iserved myself a mountain of food , I was
"HUngry With My Eyes" as they say and couldnt eat all of it but I ate most of it!
Kina ,you have the determination baby! A cold and youstill got on the ellipitcal machine?That tells me a lot!Keep it up. Angie ,you are super determined to only eat 3 oz of turkey girl! No doubt you will reach your goal girl. I'll do the weight chart next. Please be patient cause my computer is mad at me for some reason and it does what it feels like! So I might not be able to reply so fast.

ttyl,Gen

Gennel
11-30-2002, 08:39 AM
Gen..Goal..1.5 lbs

Laney1733...Goal 4 lbs

AnigeMe..Goal 8 lbs..Loss 3 lbs

Kina..Goal 8 lbs

Kempyd..Goal 2.5 lbs

Choci..Goal 10 lbs..Loss 3 lbs

Sahvara..Goal 4 lbs

Wykyd..Goal 5 lbs..Loss 2 lbs

Grizzly..Goal 10 lbs

Jen519..Goal 8 lbs

sheila_220..Goal 10 lbs

Papes..Goal 5 lbs

jen519
11-30-2002, 09:44 AM
Thanks to turkeyday and TOM, it looks like I didn't lose this week. I didn't gain anything either, though, so I'm not complaining (much). If I can make it through the rest of the weekend without bingeing I should show a pretty good loss next week. I have so much trouble on the weekends. I think because I get bored.
I took my dd to see Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets yesterday. Actually, I took myself and she came along. Her dad took her last weekend, but I really wanted to see it! I can't believe how much movies cost these days. We even went to a matinee so it would be cheaper, but it's just ridiculous. I brought $20 and I couldn't even get myself a drink once I bought tickets and Rachel a small drink and a small popcorn. Now I know why I wait for stuff to come out in video!
Well, it's only 6:30 A.M. here and I'm not an early riser on the weekend. I was hoping to get on the weigh-in chart. I'll try earlier next weekend. In any case, I'm going back to bed for an hour or so!

Jen
238/235/140

choci
11-30-2002, 11:11 AM
I forgot about posting to the tread, silly me... I made it through Thanksgiving unscathed, I am proud to say... and then yesterday I messed up a little by accident (you can read about it in my journal if you'd like), but fortunately it didn't show up on the scale! *phew*

My total loss this week was 3 pounds... I was on a nasty plateau and finally broke through. It was worth waiting for! I was getting worried. I wasn't able to get out and walk yesterday, but I tried doing some crucnhes for the first time in forever ... what a laugh! ... I managed 10, but it was a struggle. Let's see how many I can do by the end of the challenge!

Congrats to all for making it past the holiday and not giving up -- that is what's important! I'm looking forward to these next few weeks with you. Let's do it!

grizzlyschick
11-30-2002, 01:15 PM
Hi all- well here I begin my monthly little plateau. I did pretty good on Thanksgiving and even got in extra exercise, but this darn body of mine is fighting me. I'm praying for a loss next week. So Gen put me down for 0 loss, nada, zip! Hope everyone else has a great weigh in. I will bust my behind this week to get the pounds going down again! Argghh! Take care- Di:)

choci
11-30-2002, 02:13 PM
Grizzlyschick, you can break that plateau! I just got over fighting one and finally succeeded. It was so frustrating, but I stuck it out and after a week and a half, I saw a good loss. Hang in there!

Rusty*Rusty
11-30-2002, 03:02 PM
Me, too, Di! Seeing 159 one day then popping up to 162 for the next two weeks!! Grrr. Then boom - three days of 158. So it's happening - it's just the darn water retention. Too much salt?

Do you all try to limit the sodium? I haven't really - except to stop adding it to pasta water or at the table, and cutting back when I cook. I can only keep track of so many things at a time, tho - like fiber and fat grams.

I've been trying to figure out at a quick glance - what to look for when I read a label at the grocery store to get healthy food choices. Remember this is me - at 1200 cals a day hi carb/lo fat - you may want to focus on different goals.

Here's what I look for when comparing similar foods:

Fiber more than 5 g/serving
Try to get 20 - 35 grams a day.

Fat less than 5 g/serving
I keep mine under 18 g/day.

Sodium less than 480 mg/serving
1 shake of salt = 155 mg

Refined Sugar less than 24 grams a day.

Hope this helps a little. In order for food to be labeled *healthy* in the US - there are guidelines for fat/fiber/sodium/etc. Healthy Choice is usually a good brand - because they have to play by the rules!

grizzlyschick
12-01-2002, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the encouragement guys- I get so frustrated when I'm on a plateau! Rusty the thing with sodium- how much is too much? I don't use salt or add salt to my foods, but I know some of the things I love have sodium. My weakness is caffeine free diet pepsi. I love it, but I'm wondering if loading up on it sometimes is just overloading me with water retention. Any ideas? I know soda's not supposed to be good for you- but I can't live on water alone! Wish I could but that darn diet pepsi just keeps calling my name! Hope all is well with everyone. Take care. Choci- I bet that 3 pound loss after that plateau felt wonderful! You go girl!:)

wykyd
12-01-2002, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the congratulations guys, slipped a little over the weekend, but am back on track today and will do my darndest to stay there all week.
Thanks for the tip about the sodium Rusty- that's what I love about this thread, apart from the great support, is all the cool information people have gained over the years and are able to pass on to others. I'm learning a lot!

Rusty*Rusty
12-01-2002, 05:26 PM
Hi Di - according to the USA guidelines on labels - they recommend less that 2,400 mg of sodium a day for 2,000 and 2,400 calorie diets.

I'd think that since I'm eating about 1,200 calories on average - I should try to keep my sodium under 1,200 mg a day. I think I'll start paying more attention and see if it's possible for me to cut it down. I love salty food, but I have noticed over the past few months that my tolerance has gone down - I used soy sauce with broth in a stirfry recently and it was almost too salty by the time we got to the end of the meal!

The soda thing? That's up in the air. I don't think that the diet colas have much sodium in them. Check the label - Walmart brand says very low sodium on it. *Diet experts* are more concerned about the artificial sweeteners in diet soda.

The most recent study I read said that dieters who use artifical sweeteners lose more weight faster than dieters who avoid them. I am GLAD to have low calorie Italian ices/sodas/yogurts/ice tea/cocoa/salad dressings/toppings/syrups made with aspertame. Gives me more choices when I'm hungry so I'm less likely to blow it!

(If you search on artifical sweeteners and weight loss on Yahoo you'll find tons of information both for and against the use of artificial sweeteners. Like everything else - read it and then decide what works for YOU. ROFL)

Hi Wykyd! I love learning new stuff, too and I think that when I get a chance to sit down and pull it all together so I can share it - I understand it better. LOL

Sahvara
12-01-2002, 07:57 PM
Oy!

I just got back from home and I am stuck here for another 2 weeks at school. So I can post regularly, till I leave again of course.

Well anyway, I checked my numbers and I see I only lost 2lbs of the 4lbs I wanted to lose for the month of november. It doesn't surprise me because it was quite a rocky month to say the least.

So, for this 4# challenge should I just start from scratch or should I set myself as negative two and.. um.. I'm confusing myself. NEways i'm shooting for at least a four pound loss, since I did really really well this thanksgiving. I didn't overeat or anything. Yippee. Anyway... I'm hoping that I can stay on track this month.

Welcome Sheila! Good luck on your 10lb goal.

I just want all of you to know that you all are my heros. Cuz you never give up. I'm never gonna give up... ever... but I just want you all to know that you are important to me and that i wish you the best on your journey.

~Sahvara

angieME
12-01-2002, 09:36 PM
Sahvara you are so sweet. Congrats on making it through Thanksgiving. You must be so proud of yourself and I admire you a great deal. I bet none of us will give up either. I think we are a pretty special group of people on this thread. We are always here for each other no matter what.

jen519
12-01-2002, 09:48 PM
Hi all. Glad you're all here. So am I.

Jen
238/235/140

Kina
12-02-2002, 12:29 AM
Here I am still sipping away at my Nyquil but I did get the hour of one on one with my elliptical machine. Boy I am aching a bit in the knees. I also did 20 rolls on my ab roller. Woohoo!

Who's still eating turkey left overs? I am! Tomoroow we will change the menu to spaghetti...mom and dad are coming over.

The scale has not moved one way or the other. In the old days I would have gotten frustrated and given it up and then pigged out. But that was the old days...now I am just taking it in a positive way...I am most likely gaining muscle from my regular use of my elliptical machine. Positive Positive Positive! I know that eventually this muscle that I am gaining will start eating away at the fat I don't need. It will happen; I know it!

Okay tomorrow is back to work and then I have to come home and clean before mom and dad get here. So I will talk to you all tomorrow.

Kina

angieME
12-02-2002, 10:26 AM
Kina, my turkey is finally gone. We ate it for 3 nights. LOL. I am glad to hear that you won't give up because the scales aren't moving. One of these days you WILL step on and it is going to move in the right direction and you are going to be so happy that you didn't give up. I am proud of you.

Kempyd
12-02-2002, 12:28 PM
I feel terrible!! I gained about 5 lbs over the holiday. Is is bad if I workout for 4 hours today? Don't worry that won't be happening. I am swamped at work and my house is a wreck.

I check back later today, I still havn't had a chance to read eveyones posts.

Sahvara
12-02-2002, 12:46 PM
Congrats Kina! I think you've already come so far just by looking at the numbers on the bottom of your sig line. I'm glad you are staying positive. :)

well I think I betta give the scale a rest... i'm becoming a bit on the obsessed side. on a side note.... my butt (can I say that here? :lol: ) muscles are like... hurting. And I so don't remember using them. They feel like I did about 50 leg lifts a piece. I woke up this morning and was like ow! my @$$

I want to throw away my scale, but then... how would I weigh in? Is there any way I could possibly remedy this? I mean the only idea that comes to mind is to have someone else keep the scale at their place and then when weigh in comes around I'll go there, use it once, and then leave again. :( But it's so embarassing...

"Hello, my name is Tanya and I am a weigh-in-aholic."

I suppose the first step is to admit I have a problem.... what are the other eleven??

~Sahvara

Kina
12-02-2002, 01:28 PM
Sahvara~~~I am with you. I am also a weigh-in-aholic. But you know I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Some may not agree but I think it keeps you focused. Oh! I have had the same problem...butt. My DH says it is because somebody must have been staring at it hard enough to give it the evil eye. That is a mexican old wives tale. The only remedy is to have that person touch you or there is something else that has to do with an egg. It eventually went away with some extra workouts.

Thanks for the encouraging words Ladies. Sometimes we need a pat on the shoulder to know we are okay.

Well I am at work so I better get going and look somewhat busy. LOL
Kina

Rusty*Rusty
12-02-2002, 05:15 PM
The last time I lost weight (39.5 lbs fourteen years ago) I made a date with BoxerBob to go to the mall every Friday night and weighed in at the health food store. It was one of those twenty-five cent scales and gave me good accurate readings week to week. Then, we'd eat (carefully) at the food court.

This time I weigh every day. Both ways work for me. With the daily weigh-in I log the weights on a graph and over the past 7 weeks I can see the downward trend so I don't get so discouraged when the weight loss lags. It ALWAYS kicks back in if I continue to control my intake.

Hang in there!

grizzlyschick
12-02-2002, 06:08 PM
:) Hey Sahvara I'm with Kina. I weigh myself every morning and it really helps to keep me focused during the day. If I start to slip I can think back to the number I was in the morning and remember I don't want to be the number I was a couple days before, and it pushes me to stick to my program.
Rusty- Thanks for the info on artificial sweeteners and the sodium. I don't know how I'd make it without the caffeine free diet pepsi, and my daily yogurt- which has aspertame in it. Eating my yogurt in the morning gives me a big burst of energy- I couldn't do without it. I'll do as you suggested and do a search on Yahoo. Thanks again!:D Take care- Di

Rusty*Rusty
12-02-2002, 06:57 PM
My favorite breakfast went from oh yuk to yummy yummy somehow. I have never been able to eat yogurt yet I tried the ff Axelrod with aspertame in blueberry and strawberry and found out I love it. There's just something bitter about real yogurt.

Now I get up and grab a cup of ff yogurt and dump in a half cup of grape nuts. I figure 200-300 calories is fair for a breakfast that keeps me going and satisfies both my sweet tooth and my fiber goal. It's about 25% of my fiber for the day - pain-free. I enjoy it more than grapenuts and skim milk or oatmeal, too.

I quit soda two months ago just to see if I could break the habit - I was drinking a gallon a day. Now when I want a treat I grab a diet coke when I eat out or at the drugstore when I'm shopping. Ahhhhhhhh! Love that cold fizzy burn! :)

I'm drinking Crystal Light now to break up the water water water. I like their lemonade and iced tea at 5 calories per serving.

angieME
12-02-2002, 07:10 PM
I weighed myself everyday last time I lost a lot of weight. I think it did help me stay motivated but I too became addicted to it and when I started to gain it would depress me and I would overeat. (I think I was just looking for any excuse to eat, really). This time I seem to do it on Wednesdays and Saturday now that I switched for this challenge. I don't think it is a bad thing to do at all though. Whatever works for you is the way to go I think. LOL

How is everybody doing??? You all must be super busy. Am I the only one with a pathetic life? LOL

wykyd
12-02-2002, 08:46 PM
Weigh-in aholic? Just because I weigh myself twice a day? Have been known to jump up and down on the scales when they weren't registering a loss, (or stand on them on one leg, as the SO caught me doing a couple of weeks ago). I'm strong. I could go three, four hours without the scales. Honest...... :devil:

choci
12-02-2002, 09:28 PM
I am scale-addicted as well, but it really has helped me to stay motivated and on track. I understand how the scale can be a problem for some people, but... different strokes for different folks, yes? :)

I am trying to get off the soda also, and like Rusty, I've been chugging the Crystal Light. I love the lemonade. I feel like, since you make it with water, it's got to be better than soda, right?

jen519
12-02-2002, 10:18 PM
I like to weigh more often than once a week too. I try not to do it every day and if I know I've overeaten badly on one day, I definitely wait a few to weigh myself again. When I'm doing great, though, I tend to hop on the darn thing twice a day. That used to be O.K. for me because when I was in my 20s, I could lose weight much faster than I do now. These days, though, I tend to get really discouraged if I don't see a significant weight loss each time I stand on the scale. I've heard it's really bad to weigh daily, but I think it's just a matter of personal preference and what works for each individual.
Speaking of aging, does anyone else who's over 35 worry about lots of wrinkles after weight loss? People say I look much younger than 40, but I know it's because my face is so fat! I have this nagging fear than when I lose the double-chin from being fat, I'll be trading it for sagging jowls of loose skin. And where will my boobs be after it's all said and done. I'll probably be tucking them into my pants! Just a thought. I think that sometimes when I hold these bizarre fears up to the light, they don't have as much power over me. Thanks to all for giving me a place to let go of yet another road block.

Jen
238/235/140

Sahvara
12-02-2002, 11:04 PM
okay... after reading all of your comments and taking careful consideration...

I'm dismantling the sucker!!! I'm gonna kick it's fricken @$$. I'm gonna do a ceremony... chant a bit.. then i'm beating the ish out of it... then I will sprinkle its remains in the snow.

sound nice?

:D

~Sahvara

Sahvara
12-02-2002, 11:16 PM
okay i change my mind... that thing cost me 30 bux. it's digital!

I'm just gonna go outside and unceremoniously throw the 9v battery in the snow somewhere. that way if i really have to break down and use it... i'll have to buy a battery. but i'm so stingie i won't buy one for at least a month...

solves the prob to me. and it's only a prob because A) I'm not losing fast enough; or B) Holy crap I gained 1.2lbs!!! and i'm sick of it... hmmm.. maybe one quick weigh-in before I... ACK! I'm doing it again! and I already weighed myself today too. plus I just ate... so it won't be good news. Goodbye Battery!!

~Sahvara

jen519
12-03-2002, 12:57 AM
Is it possible to get addicted to excersize videos? It's bedtime and I feel like I'd love to do another one. Here's how it came about:
I ate a couple of things I hadn't planned to eat today. Monday is doughnut day and I had one. Then around lunch-time a co-worker walked in and set a Whopper down in front of me. What was I supposed to do? Something unheard of like saying "No. Thankyou." Not me.
Anyway, I've been paying attention to all your posts, ya know. Something that clicked in my head today was - eat more food, get more excersize to compensate. I have this one 2-mile "walk and firm" video and figured I'd go ahead and do that one plus some extra ab crunches or something. When I got home, my "walk-away-the pounds" 3-video set had arrived. I did the 2-mile walk and then after a bit the 1-mile walk as well. It's so exciting to be able to make it through an entire program. And I felt great. My daughter and I have made a date for 6:00 A.M. to do the 2-mile walk again.
I even drank my water today. When they say 8 glasses a day, how many ounces is that supposed to be? Are they 8 oz glasses or what? I drank 3 1/2 16 oz bottles. Wonder if that's close.
Well that's plenty of rambling. I'm in a great mood. Must be those endorphins.

Jen
238/235/140

DYING TO WEIGH MYSELF
:^:

Gennel
12-03-2002, 08:54 AM
Sah, I havent seen all the new posts until today! I have to be totally honest about the scale thing! Before I decided to lose weight I used to avoid scales like the plague! I figured what I didnt know couldnt hurt me,meanwhile what I didnt know was hurting my back,my knees and fatigued! Talk about denial for me ! lol Anyway I weigh myself every other day sometimes I go on the scale everyday for like 3 days in a row! lol Then I try and control myself and wait a week or at least 6 days! When I felt out of control and super addicted to the scale I asked my husband to hide the scale while I was out of the house and to bring it out Saturday mornings. That was the only way . They say weighing yourself each day is a bad thing. The only way I could agree with that is if you weigh yourself and dont see a result and then quit!

Well I have another post so let me keep this short lol

Gen

Gennel
12-03-2002, 09:24 AM
Yesterday I just happen to tune in on Dr Phil's show and it was about weight issues! Something he said was very important for everyone to hear!
There was a lady that went on the show with her husband. She had gained 50 lbs since they got married and had kids. She had lost the weight before and just gained it back. He asked her why she wanted to lose the weight and she said " I want to be healthy" He asked her if she was really having health issues due to her weight. She was'nt huge but weighed around 175? I guessed. Then she said "I want to look like when I got married. Dr Phil asked her husband if he wanted her thinner the way she was and the husband hesitated but said he would like that . Dr. Phil then told her " You havent lost weight because you really dont want to and there are no consequences if you dont lose weight" She said but I do want to lose weight, I just dont have the willpower I guess. He told her "willpower" is not a long term thing. It's not permanent. He said " what would happen if you dont lose the weight? Will something be taken away from you?Would TV or a car be taken away? In other words If she did lose or stayed the same there would be no consequences inher life. She was healthy just uncomfortable with her weight. He said people need " Accountability" once you have to be accountable for your actions then and only then will you do something. And I was like AMEN! He used other words but thats more or less how I remembered it People tell me I have amazing willpower but its NOT true! I have cheated all the way, skipped exercise.But I would come to my senses and start again.I've eaten stuff that would make some of you cringe with fear lol . I think for me being accountable to someone else has been the best help Ive had.
It's embaressing to some of us to have our spouse weigh us. But its a good thing cause you cant lie then! I would never ever step on a scale in front of my husband until now. I would ask him toweigh me and I wouldnt peek at the scale.
So everyone reading this : DONT USE THE " I HAVE NO WILLPOWER" thing ! Willpower comes and goes. I hear people I know say all the time " I want to be thin, do you think I like being this weight?" Remember wants and needs are totally different. And we usually dont get what we want but we can always get what we need ...if we want it bad enough lol .
That's all folks !

Gen

jen519
12-03-2002, 11:56 AM
Gennel, what you said really makes sense. I was sitting here saying to myself, "Oh No. I don't have any need to lose weight. It's not affecting me in anyway except how I look." Then I remembered how my knees and feet feel when I'm on them for a long day. And how hard I'm breathing after walking up a flight of stairs quickly. How heart disease runs in my family and how being heavy increases my risk. And that's just my physical health. How does my emotional health suffer when I'm too embarrassed to go out and do the things that I love, when I don't like my own body? What an eye-opener! You and "Dr. Phil" just boosted my motivation even further.

Jen
238/235/140

Gennel
12-03-2002, 12:26 PM
Jen, I hear ya loud and clear girl. When Iwas heavier I Totally stopped any yardwork. It was too hot and I couldnt stand the heat for more than 5 minutes.IT was too much work planting flowers in my yard and this only took like 30 minutes of work at the most! But I could'nt put all my weight on my knees for 2 minutes cause my legs would go numb with pain. I couldnt bend all the way down cause my stomach was in the way. And deep down inside hating the way I looked was more important than my future health problems. I didnt have the high blood pressure,in fact my blood pressure has been too low at times. If I drink grapefruit juice I feel dizzy about to pass out,since it is known that grapefruit juice helps lower high blood pressure. I didnt have heart problems, just easily fatigued . I remember being able to be in the mall for 3-5 hours and not getting tired! At my heaviest I could survive the mall for more than 35 minutes! Now I am the last one that wants to leave the mall. My husband and kids are like Mom let's go homeplease! lol
I would have to say the two main things I love about the weight loss is how good I feel and how I look. Not being out of breath or being tired in a short period of time.My girls are truly proud of me and so Is my hubby. That means so much to me.

Gen

Gennel
12-03-2002, 12:43 PM
Well today Ive been posting away here. I dont know if you folks remember I mentioned we were getting a house ? Well it's really taking a toll on my husband and me. This was something that issuppose to take 1 month to a closing. Well the first bankwe went through really doesnt specialize in construction loans but we went through the process anyway. After a month or more of that they finally told us it couldnt be done. I felt horrible. We finally found a friend's cousing who is a loan officer for a well known bank. We were approved within 24 hrs,not Pre-approved lol But totally approved. Well this has been 2 months now ,our papers have been at the Underwriters since like 9 days ago. It doesnt take this long to close ,I'm sorry! It takes no more than 72 hours to get a closing date. Well we are still waiting. To make matters worse the Builder called us and told us that our deadline for the loan had passed and the price was now $2,000 more :(
I cant blame them we started this whole thing like 4 months ago I think. Builders always boost the price every 2 months or so.
I hate not having control of things like this . We're totally helpless at this point. It's like waiting for someone else to pick up our papers and decide they are gonna work that day and get this loan to a close! Without a closing date this week I dont see how the builder would change his mind.I have to leave this in God's hands . This is stress beyond belief.My kids have their dream room intheir thoughts. The worst thing is everybody keeps asking " Any word yet on the house?" " Whats going on? Why is it taking so long?" I cant explain to anyone. If I say I dont know,or I dont wantto talk about it ,then I get more questions ..ugh! Well now that I got that off my chest I can leave lol

Gen

Kempyd
12-03-2002, 01:00 PM
I am sorry to hear all of your troubles Gen! I told my hubby I will never buy another house again. I had a nervouse break down while we were buying ours. I hate that helpless feeling. I just wish we could all do our own paper work and that would make everything go so much smoother. I hope you feel better letting it out to us. I will keep you in my thoughts!

angieME
12-03-2002, 02:33 PM
I agreed with every thing he said. We may say we don't mind being big or try to talk ourselves into it but the truth is if you are even thinking about losing weight then you are not happy with your weight. Willpower kicks in after a few weeks of sticking to a diet after that(at least for me) it just makes sense not to over indulge. Why risk gaining back the weight you just lost. I just hope I can stick to maintaining once I lost the next 50 pounds. That is my hard part but I think by gaining so much of it back I truly appreciate the loss so much more. I just hope it isn't like quiting smoking. It took 3 times before it stuck for me!!! AAAHHH!!! No, I will do it for good this time.

I got my elliptical today. ;)

jen519
12-03-2002, 04:56 PM
I've been reading posts during my lunch break. I'm eating what originally was intended to be soup, but after I put the rice in, I got distracted and ended up leaving it in the crockpot for about 5 more hours. Oops! Not too soupy. Doesn't taste bad, though. No fat in it. Just veggies, brown rice and some seasoning.
What have I heard? It take 21 days to make something a habit. As far as morning work-outs go, I only have 20 days left! Thanks to my 11-year-old (well, tomorrow she'll be 11) I got up in time to do my 1-mile walking video. I would never have done it if she hadn't come into my room at 6:01 this morning. When I said I wasn't going to get up yet, she said, "Yes you are! We're going to work-out together, remember?" And we did!
Ate some Peanut M&M's that I didn't need, but other than that, it's a great day. Drinking plenty of water. My brain seems to be working exceptionally well. Could be there's something to all the hype excersizing gets!

Jen
238/235/140

wykyd
12-03-2002, 05:23 PM
:goodvibes sending you some good vibes Gen, hope your house issues are settled soon. Its so frustrating to be held up by someone else's inactivity.
I am so envious you have Dr Phil's show- it hasn't screened here yet. I would always try to have lunch at home on a Tuesday so I could see him on Oprah. He talks a lot of good old fashioned common sense.

laney1733
12-03-2002, 07:10 PM
Hello, I hope everyone had a great holiday. I pretty much took the entire weekend off. Ate too much and exercised too little. But as of yesterday, I'm back on the wagon. I'm up 1 pound but I don't know if it's water or what. I'm glugging away on my water right now. Gen, I know what you mean about buying a house, we bought ours in 2001 and it was a suopreme pain. So much stress!! And yesterday dh asks how I'd feel about buying a new house or building instead of doing some work we've been planning on this one. Ack! The thought of building IS appealing though. There's this land I've got my eye on.... Anyway, all three kids have been taking turns being sick this last week. The baby has been a monster for two days now and I'm about to pull out my hair in frustration. If she's not being held, she's screaming. My baby doesn't cry, never has, she SCREAMS till you think your eardrums will bleed. So, I've got to get back to my crazy life now. Take care everyone.

Sahvara
12-03-2002, 11:59 PM
Hello everyone,

Gen: I can see how frustrating it is for you. Especially when you have done all you can and all you are doing now is waiting for those weirdos to get off their butts. I think you should harass them... but that's just me. Whenever it bugs you... you should give'em a call and tell'em to get your paperwork done... and if they are not there, cuz you're pissed at 2am... leave a message or two. But eventually things will work out. I just hope you can stand it without pulling out your hair. Everything's going to be alright.

Jen: It's good that your daughter is so helpful. It's fun to her, so it might be fun for you... later. But if she is your alarm clock (and walks in at 6:01am everyday) you can't fail! :D Muck luck!

Angie: I'm still in awe of you losing the weight the first time. I always feel like the journey is too long to wait. How long did it take you the first time to reach your goal weight? You have such focus and dedication. It's amazing that you're doing it again.

Laney: I'm sorry to hear about your children being sick. But this is cold season... And I'm sorry that your baby screams until your ears bleed. My mom told me that I never cried and that I was real quiet and stuff. Lucky her eh? I wish you luck on choosing which method you would like to take, building or renovating.

As for me, I did indeed throw away the battery (10 minutes ago). I have no idea where it landed and I threw it so hard I lost my footing and almost fell smack down in the snow. Which would have been embarassing cuz some guy was watching. But I screamed into the night, "I want my life back!!" and threw the battery. Okay... it wasn't that dramatic... I was out there in my slippers and T-Shirt and windpants while everyone else is bundled like a blizzard hit town. I kinda wispered the whole, "i want my life back thing" and then launched it and nearly fell... lost my slipper in the snow and found it upside down grabbed it, slipped it on.. and limped back cuz my foot was real cold. So nothing dramatic... none of that Braveheart "You can take my life.. but you can never take... MY FREEDOM."

Eh...

I actually lost weight before once. I went from a size 18 to a 14 in 6 weeks... and I did it without a scale. So screw the scale... I'm going by clothing size, cuz I am NOT buying another battery. Yup... I'm cheap!

Much love and luck to everyone!!!!!! :)

~Sahvara

Rusty*Rusty
12-04-2002, 08:33 AM
Good morning, buddies. COLD in New Englad - feels like real winter is here. Phhht. I would hibernate all winter and not go out of the house once before mud season if I could. In fact, that's what I did last winter - didn't go out for two months. Stocked up on food and spent every day reading and playing on the computer. (Any wonder I put on 15 pounds last winter alone? ROFL)

Jen - you always bring up interesting points - you're obviously a deep thinker or you just happen to hit hot spots that get ME thinking.

Wrinkles - I don't imagine at OUR advanced age that wrinkles from weight loss are a real threat - the face seems to tighten right back up and I think that you'll agree that you'd rather have a laugh line or two than chubby cheeks. If I pinch under my chin(s) I feel fat not extra skin. Keep your skin moisturized and you'd minimize any wrinkles, too.

Funny you mentioned the 1 mile walk. I waited for BB to get home last night so I could walk with him before supper. That isn't working out - we were sniping at each other on Monday night - me trying to rush him along and him trying to get everything done before he was ready to walk. Meanwhile I have supper half done and I was trying to get the timing down to fifteen minutes of cooking while we walk.

So last night we decided to walk after we ate. Much more relaxing to eat when dinner is ready. BUT we didn't want to walk right after we ate - didn't want to get a cramp and drown (kidding!) but I am NOT a night person - I would go to sleep at 8:30 every night if it didn't mean I was up 4 am! So he comes in around 7:30 (I was reading under the covers LOL) and says, "Wanna go for a walk?" I tried to beg off. Then I said I gotta stick to this - if I quit, he'll quit. So we did the mile tape.

It went easier for the first time - getting a burn with the weights but they feel a little lighter! Hurray!

Hungry? Have some chicken noodle soup - fills you up and a whole can is only 150 calories.

Have a great Wednesday, buddies!

angieME
12-04-2002, 09:01 AM
Hi Sahvara,

I lost 135 pounds in just under 12 months. I did all the same things I am doing now except I worked out for 1.5 hours every day. I don't want to do that much this time so I am only doing 40-50 minutes everyday now. I remember I started because we went to a family Christmas party and I had the worst cold ever and I was so fat. I said I am sick of this..I am sick all the time and my legs rub,etc. I started my diet on January 3 and everyday while I excersized I would picture myself walking into the family Christmas party next year all skinny in a pair of tight jeans and a half sweater. I hit my goal about a week before the party and I went in at 130 pounds. I must say a few jaws hit the floor.But then Christmas eve came and I made cookies with the kids and I ended up bingeing on them. Then I was a good girl until the weekends but the pattern of messing up on Saturdays started and the weight came back slowly until this summer when I was not aloud to walk my dog around town so I just gave up exercising and it came back quickly then.( I was aloud to walk him on the 4 wheeler trails but we saw coyote tracks and I said that is enough for me!!! LOL)

I have every intention of not gaining it back this time. I just need to remember how bad I felt while I was gaining it all back. and how bad 265 feels.

Gennel
12-04-2002, 09:03 AM
Sahvara,reading your post this morning. I could picture the whole thing in my mind lol. knowing me I would throw the battery as far as I could throw it . Then run back a few minutes later thinking to myself "Where did I throw it! I need that damn battery ! " lol
My first computer was a COMPAQ . Everything you can imagine that could go wrong with a computer ,happened! I changed internet service but always had the same problems! IT was the computer from ****. IT wasnt just mine my family also owned Compaq computers and so did my daughter. I always said that when I bought another computer I would drag out my Compaq and beat it to death with a metal bat I have here . Well the day came! It was my birthday and my husband bought me a new computer! I was thrilled but my first question was " Where did you put the Compaq?" He took it outside and passed me the metal bat! I wacked and wacked and wacked that Compaq senseless! I finally stopped when tiny chips were flying all over the place and hit me lol. I kept saying " Die! Die! Die! lol.
Can you imagine how much Isuffered with that computer? ROFL
My hubby's a network administrator and computers are his life. Whenever anyone calls him with computer problems he always asks them "I'll go and take a look at it as long as its not a compaq." For those who do own aCompaq and havent had problems I say Lucky You! BUt it wasnt the case for me,or my neighbor or my relatives either :(
I'm gonna try and change my avatar to a Christmas Photo we all took with Santa this past weekend. I actually wore a plaid mini with a tight turtleneck! We all had red turtlenecks on and my husband wore his very first black turtleneck. He feels suffocated in things like that lol .
ttyl,Gen

angieME
12-04-2002, 09:13 AM
I want to tell you all about my experience on an elliptical last night. HA HA. We went and bought it yesterday and my husband put it together before work so after work I just went in and started exercising on it. I did 10 minutes and I thought I was going to die...I was breathing so hard and my chest and throat was burning. I get off it and do 15 minutes on the bike and then get back on the elliptical to do 5 more minutes. When I get off I am sick again and looking yucky. The dogs come running over to me like" MOM what is wrong with you???"They jumped in my lap and everything. I was bowing down to Gen and Kina right about then!!!! Hubby comes home and we start playing with it. I do 5 more minutes on the heartrate program and it says my heart rate is at 190 when it should be 130,I was thinking how the **** do they do this machine every day!! So we start to... READ THE MANUAL key words here. DUH!!! I didn't set the resistance on the screen I was working out on 7 or 8 out of 10 being the hardest. I feel so stupid right now but I thought you all would get a giggle out of my numbness. It is set on 1 now and I think I will work my way up slowly. HA HA

Gennel
12-04-2002, 09:22 AM
I can imagine the faces when you walk in at a slim 130! OMG That is awesome. I know the yucky feeling when you're overweight. It seemed for me that more people would comment how fat I'd gotten . And maybe half commented when I lost all the weight! Those people saw me from a size 18 jeans to a size 6 jeans and were like " Hi,how's everything ?" lol Something just clicks in your brain and there is no stopping us! My 6 yr old's teacher asked how my thanksgiving was and I answered " It was great,in fact it was so good I think I gained 2-3 lbs! " Ahhh ! she replied you'll lose it right away" I told her it took me 8 months to lose it and she didnt know what I meant. She asked if I had lost a lot of weight and I told her " If you would have seen me in Feb. you would not have recognized me. She had to see it to believe it so I brought my little home made weightloss album. She gasped and said it couldnt be me in the picture. She thought the after picture was of me years ago lol. I told her that kids can be the cruelest ,like my daughter's classmates from last year.There were a few times whenI picked her up that she was upset over some kid saying her mom was fat. Well that same kid saw me this year and had the funniest look in his face lol. Imagine a 6 yr old purposely with his eyes crossed and looking like he had an itchy nose while he asks me " Are you (bleep's ) mom? " I said yeah. He scratched his head looks me up an down and says " Hmm, you look different ? " That is one of my favorite stories :)

well , Im off to get dressed and go to the gym . Oh by the way I weighed myself and I think I gained 0.5 lbs. so I'm back to 129.5. Woopie , I thought there was major damage done after all the eating I did in thanksgiving!
ttyl,Gen

Rusty*Rusty
12-04-2002, 09:26 AM
Angie - bet it felt GREAT when you realized you could start again at a reasonable resistance! Like trying to ride a ten speed bike up a hill in the wrong gear. Forget it!

Gen - you are so right about the Compaq - my Mom and Dad both had one and they stunk. Momz replaced her motherboard three times when it was new and they both tended to need calls to support to do the simplest things. I hated to have to try to work out what was wrong when they went down. They also required certain proprietary printers and software. I remember reloading the system software off restore discs a dozen times a year on the Compaqs. Unheard of in the real world! Augh.

Made a nice little light treat for lunch yesterday - took an 8" pita and cut it around the edge so I had two THIN circles - then put on some pizza sauce and a little bit of mozzarella and some scallions and heated them in the little electric grill. Yummy and 230 calories for TWO. I love pizza and this was a fun way to sneak a couple in during the week.

Gennel
12-04-2002, 09:29 AM
Sorry I was about to leave and I read your post Angie! lol I had to laugh! I dont put the resistance level hard at all because I want the cardio calorie burning workout instead. I keep mine at 2-3 resistance.One hour of that and its always over 700 calories burned. It's basically jogging but without the pounding on the pavement or treadmill .One hour fo rme is 6.3- 6.5 miles a day. There isno way I couldjog 6+ miles a day if I were to run around my neighborhood!

ttyl! I reaely gotta get in the gym early this time!

Byeeee
Gen

angieME
12-04-2002, 10:34 AM
Rusty,
I love to use english muffins and pizza sauce and low fat cheese. I then put salt and pepper on them. YUMMY. I usually eat 2 whole english muffins like that for a meal when I get a craving. Isn't it amazing how we can re arrange things to come close to what we are used to? I have never tried it with a pita...I will have to try that.

I want to change my avatar too. I weighed in today and the scales say 178.5. Down 3.5 pounds but I am not officially counting it since I write it down on Saturdays now for the challenge. I really noticed a change over the last few days though. Last night I was in bed watching the Osbournes and my stomache is so much flatter when I am laying down and this morning I felt it and it feels so different. So I will force my daughter to take pics of me tonight and try to change it. I wish i had a Santa hat. All I have is the dogs and it is too small. LOL:lol:

Kempyd
12-04-2002, 10:54 AM
Rusty, what was that thing you did with your yougurt again? I thought I read something about grape nuts. I am headign to the store after work and I wanted to get a quick healthy breakfast.

Angie it is so hard for me to picture you heavy. The picture of you that you use as your avatar is great. My husband saw it and said your were pretty and that you didn't look like you were heavy. I told him that you had lost weigt already. He was impressed.

Sah I don't think I would have been able to throw out that batt. I am like Gen. I would have been looking for it later on when no one was outside.

It is pretty nasty outside here. Humid!!! We are going to have rain all day and then it is supposed to get to 29 tomorrrow night. Yes is gets that cold here. Plus to make it worse our winters are wet so you feel worse. I am already ready for spring.

Sahvara
12-04-2002, 12:47 PM
Oy!

Ladies, I knew I was addicted to weighing myself. That's why I had to get rid of the battery. I mean I would weigh myself like 20 times a day everyday. I knew it had to go when.... (flashback in 5, 4, 3, 2,..)

Yesterday, I had planned on comming home and throwing away my battery, as soon as I got one or three quick weigh-ins. I had gone to the gym yesterday so I was hoping to see some good numbers. Only thing was, I couldn't find my battery. I hadn't hid it or anything... just misplaced it. Let me tell you I tore that room 3 ways from sunday looking for it. I was tripping out I tell you. Then after about 4 minutes of searching, I figured "maybe my room was too messy to find it." So I decided to fold and put away clothes that were randomly strewn about. That worked for about 7 seconds before I got a knot in my stomach and knew I had to find my battery and I didn't have time for this crap. I tell you I felt like a heroine addict. I said to myself, "I'm a druggie!" But I still had to find my battery, so instead of putting away my clothes, I just started putting them on. I was scrambling around my room haphazardly putting on clothes that didn't match with anything, freaking out like I was on withdrawal. When I finally gave up. I sat down on the bed only to feel a lump under the sheets. Yup... you guessed it... my battery. So I hooked it up and weighed myself. I wasn't happy. I figured... all that torture for what? more torture? I can't do this anymore.

Which led to my ultimate decision. I threw it in a well snowed, well wooded area where I could never find it. It's over.

Angie: Yikes!! 135 pounds?! Fricken A! Ya know I worked out some math last night and found out that I was whining about 39 pounds. Yup... just 39. Luckily I'm not like 5'2" so I don't have any more. I think I'd trip out if I did. Which makes Gennel even more amazing to me. I'm just gonna make better decisions and think of this as something that I can do, rather than something that's impossible. I mean compaired to 135lbs... 39 is nuthin. And good luck with the ellitical at home. Sounds awesome. I wouldn't mind havin' one. Seriously. I do the one at the gym that goes up to level 20. I'm on about 10-11 resistance. I started out on like... 6 or 7. I'm slowly working up. Good luck with that!

Gen: Sorry to hear about your Compaq. That reminds me of the movie Office Space when Michael and Samir beat the crap out of the printer after they got fired from work. They had a bat too. ;) And I know what you mean about the fat comments. When I came home for Thanksgiving, my mom said I put on some weight. And I'm thinkin' no I didn't, I weigh the same as I did when I left for school. But I was a little miffed by her comment. I was definitely put off. But I know that once I reach my goal she will be one of the ones congratulating me. *shrug

Kempy: It's always wet here too. The snow melts at an amazing rate here. Much faster than my native Buffalo. It gets all slushy and cold here. I am Always using the ice scraper on my car. It's annoying. *shrug Hang in there!

Rusty: Sounds like a good meal. Just thinking about it makes me want to try it. Although I don't know what scallions are. I'm thinkin' they are either a type of onion, or a type of fish. Sorry, we don't cook much where I'm from.

~Sahvara

papes
12-04-2002, 02:52 PM
Hello,
Is it to late to join in? I just started my "diet" a few days ago, and I have been doing very well. I actually don't know what my weight is. I've been too afraid to jump on the scale. I should go and get one tonight. I would say I am about 150 and my goal is to be between 120 and 125. I want to loose 5 pounds by Christmas. Or, at least I want to be able to stay on my diet for the entire time- (including christmas day)
Thanks...

Gennel
12-04-2002, 02:59 PM
Sahvara, I saw that movie too!( Office Space) I couldnt remember that movie but I'll never forget that scene when they beat the **** out of the printer !!!! I couldnt understand it at that moment what the big deal was. But after hours,days and weeks of turtle slow uploading . Just opening a website that had 2 freakin pictures would take 15 minutes, or usually it just froze .

Today even though I've been worried about this loan thing and asking myself will we ever close? Or why the builder was boosting the price . I left it in God's hands and this morning I felt in my gut that it would be a good day.I didnt know what but Ifelt something good would happen today. Well I must have been confused with that gut feeling today! Around 12 noon I see a Fed Ex truck park in front of my house. The Fed Ex guy hands me an envelope and I see its from our Builder . Well my heart was pumping hard. I ripped it open ,a letter telling us that there was a price increase and if we agreed to sign and fax it to them or if we wanted to cancel to notify themASAP. I didnt call my husband right away the way I always do. I just sat there and couldnt think straight. I wanted to cry but no tears felt like coming out.
Finally when my husband calls a while later I tell him. Well he's upset and just tells me : I'm gonna talk to so and so's cousin who is a builder to see if he can build this house etc... That is the last thing I wanted to hear. Even though the bank people told us that all they would change is the name of the builder and everything stays the same. I know a whole bunch of stuff will change and more delays to come. We wouldnt have to come up with the money until we move into the house so thats like next summer. But my husband doesnt want to pay another dime. I'ts not like we havent spent enough money so far. I know he's right. But I want this house so bad I cant explain it in words. I'm so upset that I want to literally beat the daylights out of the faceless person who's in charge of our paperwork. I'm tired , just tired. Patience is gone . If they tell you 4 weeks ,I dont expect it in exactly 4 weeks to the last second but #@! over 2 months?!!!?
I'm even trying to avoid my kids cause I dont want to scream at them. It's not their fault. I dont want to talk to anyone either. I think my family got the picture and is staying away for now. I dont make good company when I'm depressed...but who does?
If pulling out my hair would help , I would be bald today. I'm not angry with the people I love . But just tired of trying to explain what I have no explanation for :( I'm dreading 6 pm when my hubbygets home and we both give each other that look of ESP.
I wish I could get into bed and cry like a baby and just be alone. But I cant do that . By the way ifyouguys want to see the house that I want ,here's a Link its called Sedona Sun (model) not allthe thmbnails work but you can see the front view of the home: 3,000 square feet and 2,307 sq living space
http://www.associatedhomes.net/new_page_2.htm

Gen

Kempyd
12-04-2002, 03:15 PM
HOLY MOLY GEN!! :eek: :cp:

The house is beautiful. I can see now why you can't wait to get into it.

angieME
12-04-2002, 03:34 PM
GEN CAN I COME LIVE WITH YOU??? when you get it built. That is so nice.

wykyd
12-04-2002, 03:34 PM
:grouphug:, for Gennel , and one for Sahvara too. :grouphug:

angieME
12-04-2002, 03:42 PM
Papes,

Hello and welcome to our group. This is one of the best groups of people on here. Maybe I am a little biased. LOL I waited a few days before I dared to step on the scales this time too. I was scared to see how much i had gained back.

I wished I had a scanner because I have a few pics of me that Jay took after I had lost about 20 pounds so I was at 245. My face was so round and so wasn't I!! I guess I should have looked at those before I started gaining it back boy aren't I glad I decided to diet again before I gained it all back. I NEVER want to look like that again.

choci
12-04-2002, 04:14 PM
Hi ladies! Just thought I'd say hello... Sahvara is making me seriously consider nixing the scale except for weekly weigh-ins... I think I am to the point where I'd feel comfy doing that.

Also, Sahvara -- I am from the Buffalo area, too. I live in Alden and work at UB!

Angie -- your talk about photos has me thinking about keeping track of my loss that way as well... my stepmom took a few pics of me in October, the week before I started this, and I'm asking her to send 'em to me so I can cringe *and* be amazed at how different I look as I go along!

Today someone actually asked if I've lost weight! I was so excited! I mean, 20 pounds off a 300+ gal isn't *that* much, but it's not anything to sneeze at, either! ;)

angieME
12-04-2002, 04:22 PM
20 pounds is an awesome start choci. Most people never even get started. My sis can't seem to get the hang of it even though she really wants to. You are doing great. The before and after pics are nice to look back on and say wow, I have accomplished alot. I see you are VERY close to your first goal. Good for you!! I did it in chunks too that way it didn't seem overwhelming to me. I know you will succeed because we will all be here for you if you get to feeling down and we will help lift your spirits back up. Keep up the great work.

Sahvara
12-04-2002, 04:28 PM
Thanks Wykyd for the hug!! :)

Welcome Papes! You'll definitely find support here. ;)

Gen, that house is Awesizzum!! It is the most beautiful house ever!! Holy smokes woman!! Heck if I was waiting for that house I'd totally forget about beating the crap out of them. I'd be looking through the yellow pages under "Hitmen." Just kidding!!

Actually, knowing that that house is indeed possible would give me the patience I needed. I could hold out a little longer since I know the end result will still be that beautiful. Ya know? That's just me. By the way.... how many guest rooms does that place have? :D

Hey choci, if you want to nix the scale go right ahead. But if you don't, then that's okay too. I just had a little problem. I have to go cold turkey till I'm okay with myself. I should take some pictures too and keep track that way. BTW, I'm from Buffalo, but I go to school in Syracuse.

~Sahvara

angieME
12-04-2002, 05:05 PM
I changed my avatar!! It looks a little blurry to me though. Maybe I will try another one.

Kina
12-04-2002, 05:09 PM
Geeze! I get busy for a couple of days and I miss so much info.

I did get to see that Dr. Phil show you all mentioned it was interesting.

Gennel~~~Goodness Gracious are you sure that is a house or a palace...the house is gorgeous!

Rusty~~~I have never had a pita and have always wanted to try one. YUM!

Kempyd~~~speak of the weather. Last night we had the air conditioners on today we have the heaters going full blast. They expect the temps to get to the 30s tonight that is freezing for us Texans.

Angie~~~all I have to say is WEIGH TO GO!

Sahvara~~~How funny about your batteries...I have to say I think I broke my scale from one day to the next I either gain or lose about 3 lbs. I don't know if that is possible but it is quite annoying. I won't throw it out just yet since I only bought it this year and it was quite expensive.

Papes~~~welcome to the thread. I have to say this is a great thread and I have been very lucky to have found it. I just recently shared this gold mine with another friend and I am hoping she will find her way here.

So if anyone sees Tahoemom out there give her a huge welcome and a big hug.

Wykyd~~~how are you doing?

Choci~~~Isn't is a wonderful feeling when someone notices? When that happened to me I was so thrilled and I felt more invigorated to continue down my tough road to weight loss. But wow 20 lbs would certainly be something we would notice if lost. Great job keep it up.

Well as for me...thank goodness that semesters do end at some point. Finals will be on 12 th and the 18th for me. I will have more time on my hands after the 20th. I am finally getting over my cold but i have an awful cough that seems to have gotten comfortable. Well I am just going to have to show that cough who owns the place.

I will be doing my 1 hour on my elliptical today. I had better get going. I have much to do for class tomorrow.

Take care everyone and stay warm.
Kina

Gennel
12-04-2002, 05:21 PM
Well I sat down by my computer as I called my hubby. All this tension is unbareable today. The thing I want to wait it out until we close. But now with the additional $2,000 at time of move in. My hubby doesnt want to budge. But everyone I know is thinking the same " After all we've been through and now we're just waiting to close, dont quit now"
I sat here and like always peeked at the thread to see if anyone posted. Ihave to say ladies with chocking back a few tears. Just glad you are there to listen to each other's problems and understand. Thanks for the hug I needed that.
I babysit my nephew part time. Like I mentioned I really didnt want to talk to family about this whole mess. But today my brother picked up his son and he tells me " Well I guess I'm joiningthe depressed club" I thought he was being sarcastic or something. Well late this afternoon he just got fired :( My brother is also buidling a house 2 miles away from where my lot is. It's like he walked in and punched me in the face withthis news :( So I cannot even imagine how worried he will be when it all sinks in. I really have to put things in perspective here. I own a house already, its a small 3 bdrm 1,150 square feet home. But its ours,all bills are paid, food in the fridge,kids have all their junkfoods too lol. We are doing pretty good financially. Not rich or anything ,just have things paid. Not worried about getting our lights cut off if you know what I mean? I saw this house and for the price it is I will NEVER see a house at that price! $134,900
Now its $2,000 more and still worth it in my eyes. Its a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom. family room,huge kitchen, with a nook,formal dining area,living room. Huge master bthroom with his and hers sink,big roman tub,side shower.. I can go on and on.
Just wanted tosay thank you again for the hug ladies.

ttyl,Gen

Kempyd
12-04-2002, 05:26 PM
I am jealous mine is 2600 1925 living and we paid $148,000. That just goes to show you the cost of stuff over here. The poeple form New Orleans are moving this way to get out of the city.

angieME
12-04-2002, 05:26 PM
Gen, It will be so worth the wait. I bet noone has ever bought a house and had it go as quickly as they would like. Both times I did mine it seemed to take forever. But you will forget all about the wait once you are moved in and all comfy. That is an awesome price. I paid 80,000 for mine and it is only a 3 bedroom and I have 3 kids. You know how it will work... I will be able to get something bigger once the kids are grown up and moved out. *GRIN*

I am so sorry to hear about your brother and right before Christmas too.

Kina
12-04-2002, 05:34 PM
OMG Gennel humongous hugs go out to you and your family. Things happen for reasons that we may not understand at the moment of it all but later is when the answers and the understanding come. I am so sorry about you brother. That is so tough especially around the holidays. I remember when my husband QUIT his job right before Christmas that was the worst Christmas we had. But we got through and most importantly we had our family together.

No matter what path the road takes you just know that you are never alone. Take care and may your angel guide you. bye.
Kina

Rusty*Rusty
12-04-2002, 05:35 PM
Rusty: Sounds like a good meal. Just thinking about it makes me want to try it. Although I don't know what scallions are. I'm thinkin' they are either a type of onion, or a type of fish. Sorry, we don't cook much where I'm from.

Hey Sahvara - they don't cook in NY? LOL Scallions are also called green onions and I can get three bunches for a buck so I grab them. They cook fast when you slice them up small and use the greens, too.

Kempyd - probably way too late - but yes - I use a quarter to a half cup of grape nuts in my 6 oz of ff yogurt every morning. If you wait a minute or two they soften up a little so it doesn't feel like you're eating gravel. LOL 90 cals for the yogurt - add 100 - 200 for the grape nuts (measure it once and see how much you use!) I love grape nuts as a salad topping too, in place of bacon bits. You using caloriefreak? How's the Dell, DUDE?

Kina - I got the latest pita breads two packs for a buck (lots of stores have them near the deli) - that's a dozen pitas and they come in white, whole wheat, soy and garlic. All of which were GREAT. Stuff them with veg chili and ff cheese - very good and lo-cal. The pitas are 150 for an 8" circle. Split them in two pieces and you're down to 75 cal each. A deal! They're good with salad stuffed in, too with some chicken breast from a can and little ff dressing. Versatile. First place I ever saw them used for sandwiches was in Augusta, Maine in 1977. They called them Italians with coldcuts and lettuce stuffed inside.

Gotta run - dinner-making time. :) :dizzy: :dizzy:

angieME
12-04-2002, 05:42 PM
We call them Dagwoods. Put ham cheese and bacon and veggies in them.

Do you come to Maine often, Rusty?

angieME
12-04-2002, 05:44 PM
Does anyone know why my avatar would change but my journal one didn't?

Rusty*Rusty
12-04-2002, 06:20 PM
Angie - you do look beautiful - pink is your color! Never go to Maine anymore. My Momz lived there while I was in college - then she found me a job up there when I finished school. I worked for WABK in Gardiner for about three and a half years. Got sick of the long hard winters! Moved to Daytona Beach and worked there for a couple years, then in Orlando at a rock station. Haven't worked in radio since I got married, tho.

papes
12-04-2002, 07:04 PM
Gennel, I feel awful. Sometimes life puts these horrible stituations in front of us, but no matter what happens we are able to get though them. After a few tears there are always smiles. And we end up stronger. If you can't get this house something better will come along. That is usually how it works out in my life. But I promise you, things will workout for you and your brother.
I am also trying to buy a house right now and the prices you are talking about seem unrealistic. I have my eye on this house, two bedroom ranch- only 925 square foot, and they are asking $139,900. Plus I will have to redo the kitchen, and bathroom. Nothing is on the market for less then 125,000- and when it is, it has to be torn down. At first I thought condos would be cheeper- they are on average 150-200,000! I must get out of Jersey.

Kina- good luck on your finals, Mine start on the 12. Plus this crazy paper I am struggling to finish- it is over 50 pages! My stress level is code red- if there is such a thing.

Sahvara
12-04-2002, 08:24 PM
Cripes, you all are posting like mad!

Gen: You always have our ears and our support. We're like a little family here. We wish you the best and hope that things work out better than you think. And your brother too? Hmmm, looks like you will have to support each other as well.

Kina: I know how you feel. I have finals too. I got exams and papers due. College is lovely eh? (dripping with sarcasm)

Angie: Wow, seems so gosh darned quick. You must be evaporating the fat in your body. You are amazing. Yeesh! And your avatar has changed on your journal btw...

Rusty: Where I'm from... I meant my household basically. By the way I really like scallions (had some today in my vegitable stir fry). I just keep confusing scallions and scallops and I can never keep them straight. Thanks for the explanation. :D

Papes: Good luck on your 50 page paper. I'm glad I don't have any of them. I only have an 8 page and a 4 page due and tons of exams.

Me: I feel like I want to weigh myself, but it's an impossibility now. I just got back from the gym. I reckon I smell too. ;) I'm hittin' the shower when I get off the comp. However, you know, not weighing myself has made me optimistic. Makes me feel like every little bit helps. Ya know? I didn't have that feeling when I constantly weighed myself. Hopefully the loss of scale does me some good.

Much love and luck to you all!

~Sahvara

choci
12-04-2002, 08:27 PM
Thanks everyone, for the kudos. Much appreciated. :)

Angie -- I am going to Maine in between Christmas and New Year's. Two of my best friends (who are married to each other) live in South Portland, and my dad lives about an hour away in NH. I looooove Maine and wish we could move there.

I had a good day, BTW. Haven't been able to do much exercise lately but I do make sure to park my car pretty far from where my office is! ;) I am going to join the gym here at the university next semester -- can't wait to use the treadmills and step machines and get going on the weight machine circuit, too. I am in the dark about these elliptical machines, though... can you fill me in? I'm intrigued.

Rusty -- the pita idea sounds great. I'll give that a go. I would think you could use it to substitute tortillas (they can be pretty hefty on the calorie count!).

Kina
12-04-2002, 11:23 PM
Choci~~~Let me tell you...elliptical machines are totally awesome. I have GENNEL to thank...THANK YOU GENNEL, SWEETIE! Anyway go to your favorite search engine and type in elliptical machine and it will come up with pics and everything. That is how Gennel introduced it to me. Basically it is like a bike without the seat but with moving arms. It is totally awesome...did I already say that. LOL

Let me know if this helps.
Kina

jen519
12-05-2002, 02:00 AM
Wow. Looks like nearly everyone popped in today at least once! Just wanted to say went ice-skating(wobbling) tonight and signed up for a 6-week session of lessons too. What was I thinking?
Gennel, I'm thinking good thoughts for you and your family. Things always have a way of working out, unfortunately not always how or when we want them too! Hang in there. Also, that house looks wonderful, so bright and airy and the price seems great too.
Welcome Papes. There is so much support here and such incredibly strong and inspiring women. You'll love it here.
It's nearly 11:00 and my brain is turning to mush. Hello to everyone. Can hardly remember what I just read. I only know I'm craving one of Rusty's pizzas, imagining what it'd be like to lose over 100 pounds, or even 20 at this point!, and thinking that after my trip to Disneyland this spring I might have to check out one of those elliptical machines. See ya all. (sort of)
Oh yeah, Angie, do you suppose the avatar thing is something to do with the way this new server works? Maybe it will catch up by tomorrow or something.

Jen
238/235/140

angieME
12-05-2002, 07:49 AM
It only changed after I wrote something new in my journal. Weird huh?

grizzlyschick
12-05-2002, 08:18 AM
Hi everyone! Boy is the snow coming down here:D I love snow! Fortunately for me I have a vacation day so I don't have to drive in to work. Since we don't get snow way to often, the people in my area are horrible when we get even an inch, let alone all the snow we're getting today. I'm getting ready to hop on my exercise bike, and then do my pilates tape. I know it may not burn as many calories as going to the gym would, but I just don't feel like going out in this stuff! Am I bad? Welcome to the group Papes. Gennel- hope everything gets better for you- I know you must be under a lot of stress:stress: right now. My thoughts are with you. Sahvara- good job on throwing that battery away- maybe I can use you as inspiration to eventually do that myself! Well everyone take care. See you at weigh in. Di

Dips'n'twists
12-05-2002, 08:41 AM
Oh My Goodness,

Hey Ladies, remember me? Pleease forgive me for not keeping up with my posts. This leave has been a blur. It was non stop action all the way through. Between the parties, the visits and cable, I got all caught up in the joys of being home.

Gen- I went to fl and it was so fast paced I couldn't have seen you if I tried. (My boyfriend has no internet access AAAAHHH)

By the way, since i'm so late in entering I won't enter a specific goal, anything I loose will be great so I'll just report every week on weigh in day.

You girls seem to be doing well, welcome to all the new folks. I have to go now. I'm suprised I had this time to finally sit my butt down and post.

Ciao Ladies

Sahvara
12-05-2002, 10:49 AM
Hola chicas!

Welcome back Dips! Hope your vacation was fun. :)

Di: You may not wanna use me as inspiration. It's been two days since I threw away the battery and I'm about to ask the crew when I should buy a new one.

What do you all think? When should I buy a battery and weigh-in again? :?: I'm a mess aren't I? How about January 13th? *eyebrow

Jen: Enjoy ice skating, it's never as easy as it looks on TV. That Kristy Yamagucci is totally makin' it look like pie. I mean cake... I mean fat free brownies... ??? :^:

I have an exam in less than an hour. I gotta get on the campus shuttle soon. Good thing I finished the essay questions that go with the exam early. We get to work on those mofos early. Yippee... i think...

Gotta go!

~Sahvara

Gennel
12-05-2002, 11:15 AM
I just wanted to welcome you papes. I should have been the first to welcome you but as you've read my head is a mess right now lol , I'll enter you in the challenge for 5 lbs , let me know if thats correct.

Again Welcome!

Gen

Kempyd
12-05-2002, 12:45 PM
Sah I am not the person to ask about the battery right now. Since Monday I have been on the scale every morning. I dropped three lbs of water but the rest is still just sitting there. I know it is my fault but why does food have to tast soooo good. I wouldn't be having this problem if it wasn't for all of the rich food I ate.

Tha bad thing is now I have to lose almost 10 lbs for the challnge just to make it to my 2.5 lbs challenge I originally set. I hate to say it but with the holiday I don't thinkI can do it.

angieME
12-05-2002, 01:03 PM
Kempy, what are you planning for Christmas dinner?

Kempyd
12-05-2002, 01:12 PM
We are most probably going to Joe's grandparents for the day. I don't know if that is a good thing or not. After all it was his family cooking that made me gain this weight.

jen519
12-05-2002, 02:32 PM
Hi all.
A co-worker of mine just said something that boggled my mind. We're always kidding around with each other, he said something that made me come back with, "Oh, so now you're saying I'm fat". It was all in good-natured fun, just so you know. Anyway, I said, that's O.K. I am fat. He said "No. You're not fat." I said, "Yes I am. That's not a judgement just a statement of fact." Then he said, "No. You are not fat. You are Jennifer and you have fat on your body. Underneath the fat is your body. Fat is not what you are. It's just something you're carrying." I just stood there nearly tearing up. It was like an epiphany or something. I wonder how much of my struggling to lose weight is due to the fact that I've been defining myself by the fat I carry. I don't know. Maybe I'm just weird, but it really hit me where I live. I felt like something huge had just been lifted off of me.
Off the subject, this man is wonderful. I've been working with him for about 7 months now and I think I'm falling for him. Too bad he's only 35 and looking for a young, childless woman. He has some self-image problems too. He seems to think that he's unattractive, but I find him very attractive. He's the funniest man I've ever met, and yet he has a serious side too. We've had some really wonderful conversations about life, religion, child-raising, the differences between men and women. Oh well. I could go on and on. Suffice it to say that I like him very much.
Gotta go back to work. Maybe I'll be able to stop in at lunchtime.

Jen
238/235/140

Kempyd
12-05-2002, 03:25 PM
Jen that is a great thing for your friend to say. I have never heard that before but it is so true. And you never know things may change with him. The longer you know him he will see how great you are and will want to be with you.

Rusty I thought about you last night. I got the sale page for Winn Dixie and they have pita bread buy one get one free. I will be heading there so I can try the mini pizzas. I have a weakness for pizza. If I could I would eat it every day.

Rusty*Rusty
12-05-2002, 03:46 PM
Hi everyone - whoosh! Where did everyone get so much energy? Every time I check my mail there are most posts in here. I love it!

Kempy - I could eat pizza every day - twice a day, too. I've been trying to find a way to make sure that I can almost stuff myself on Friday nights with BB and I think the pitas and sauce (I made my own with no fat from the fatfree.com recipe archive) and the part skim mozzarella are my best bet at 200-ish each.

Last night, though, I tried out something a little different on BB for supper. I had a half dozen flour tortillas leftover frm lunch at Chi-Chi's so I made Pizza-Dillas. (This is cooking without a clue but it worked.) Put two soft tortillas into the hot fry pan then sprinkled the mozzarella on them and took the second (top) tortillas and spread them thinly with pizza sauce and put them on top of the melting cheese. Flipped them and cooked them a little more and Voila! BB liked them very much. I had one more tortilla left so I made a folder over - with cheese on half of the tortilla and some sauce on the other half and folded it down to a half circle. It sealed nicely and tasted GREAT.

If I come up with seven pizza recipes I CAN have it every day. LOL

My favorite snacks are ten calorie Italian Ices - made with Crystal Light and a couple lemons blended in. I freeze them for an hour - blend them again and pour into cups and freeze. Awesome - especially if you nuke them for thirty seconds when you take them out of the freezer to eat. Going to try Grapefruit Crystal Light next.

Kempyd
12-05-2002, 04:03 PM
You are so creative! My cooking is pretty boring. If it doesn't come in a box we usuaaly don't eat it. I now it is better for us to cook from scratch but I can't really cook very well and hubby is so picky. He tells me if I cook it he will eat it but if it isn't something he like he doesn't look to happy about having a meal cooked for him. You would think after 7 years I would know the mans tastes by now. One main problem is he changes what he likes all of the time. I get one thing down and he goes and changes it. Geesss.

Gennel
12-05-2002, 04:05 PM
Pizza? I know I'm hispanic but maybe we're related? ROFL I LOVE PIZZA!!!! If I had to list my top 5 favorite foods Pizza is #1.
ALmost everyone I know wants to smack me when I tell them that. They tell me : are you kidding?! With all the delicous fattening foods out there,you choose pizza?! Yes I choose Pizza.
That is something I wont give up ever and I dont have to . I just have to make sure I dont eat 3 slices and then think I'm gonna eat "dinner" later on lol. Many years ago when I was at my all time highest weight around 200 lbs or so. I will never ,ever forget one day I ordered 2 medium pizzas. I was home alone that day.I ate 3 slices while Iwatched a movie, then an hour later another slice. Well I didnt believe it myself when I ate both pizzas by midnight.I was about to explode that night but never got sick.How oh how did I manage to eat two med. pizzas? I was bored and depressed over a relationship. I will never get to that point again! My favorite pizza is Papa John's pizza. We rarely order it and when I do I eat one pepperoni slice,later on I might sneak a pizza crust with some sauce on it lol. I could eat it everyday if it was the last food on earth lol. The next thing is Mcdonald's ,yes Mcd's lol. Then anything pasta with mozzarella cheese :) then ... well ok I love almost every fattening food there is lol.

Gen

Kempyd
12-05-2002, 04:15 PM
Gen have you ever heard of a rest. called California Pizza Kitchen? They serve gourmet pizzas. Talk about good. When hubby and I travel if we see one we alway seat there. When we were in Denver for a week we ate there about 4 times. They have a cook book ( I have one of course) so I guess I could make them a little healtier if I wanted to. Key word, if I wanted to. The only bad thing is you have to make the dough from scratch. It takes two days for the dough to get to where it needs to be but trust me it is worth it.

If anyone wants a cookbook I am sure I can track down a way to mail order them.

Shame on me for telling you guys about a pizza cookbook and then trying to get you to buy one. I swear I am not trying to bring you down with me. I need you guys to stay just the way you are b/c you guys are my cheering section.

Sahvara
12-05-2002, 05:02 PM
Okay... great! Now I want pizza... :mad: Oh... I think I'll sing about pizza....

I know I don't ask for much
But I do ask for dinner and brunch
In the form.... of Pizza Hut!

I haven't had Pizza Hut in a looong time. Too long... why must thou speakest of kryptonite!? Not only do I have to fight the battery... I have to fight... pizza... hut... don't ... think.. i have... the ... strength!

However, I did take my exam today. So part one of it is over. However, only like half the class was there. What's up with that?

~Sahvara

Kempyd
12-05-2002, 05:11 PM
If your class is anything like mine were if the weather gets bad noone goes. Including myself. I was bad about that, but I had an excuse, I used to ride my bike to class. How wants to ride a bike in the rain or cold?

I told you guys I was sorry about the pizza thing. Rusty started it. lol I need to find someone to help with the blame. hehehe

angieME
12-05-2002, 05:27 PM
Gen, You sound like me with Chinese. I used to get an order of Veggie lo mein ,egg rolls and crab rangoon. I ate it all by myself every Saturday. Felt like crap but do you think I would stop doing it? Well, yeah I guess I have. Good for me. LOL I would love to be able to eat in moderation. that is the first thing I will have to work on after I hit my goal. I don't want to risk falling off the wagon just yet.

Gennel
12-05-2002, 07:04 PM
Sorry,sorry ,sorry lol I wont mention it again! lol I do plan to make the pita version though. Ive made it before and was very satisfied with it. Today I sort of ate like 2 extra snacks that I was NOT suppose to do! I usually have 5 lowfat ritz crackerswith 1 slice of fatfree ham,or 1 scoop of frzen yogurt( butter pecan) on a 20 calorie cone, small bowl of Special K cereal with skim milk. Not all of that in one day but I usually have a snack after lunch and way after dinner. Well today ....I had the cup of special K with 3/4 cup skim milk, an apple, after dinner I had a craving for coffee! So I always make 3 cups of coffee with 1% milk and put it in a nice thermos that keeps it super hot for up to 7 hours( for my husband) who's addicted! Well I had 1/3 cup of that and 1/2 of a gingerbread soft cookie ...wahhhhhh. Iwas full with dinner and this wasnt out of hunger ! I just wanted the damn thing! lol I know exactly what devil made me do it! It's called PMS ahhhh!!! its like due any minute and every freakin month I get these cravings like Im starving! As soon as it passes I'm soooo in control !Plus every day I make it a point to eat 2 small apples with skin. The fiber in them is amazing ! It keeps me 100% regular which is one of the most important things!lol
Anyway right now I feel like going for a walk, do jumping jacks,sit ups, jogging lol anything to get rid of the guilt lol. Even though I did 1 hr today on the Elliptical monster!!!

ok ,buh bye for this hour at least :)
Gen

Rusty*Rusty
12-05-2002, 07:17 PM
I am moving in on the TOM too. Are we all in synch yet, like a cage of lab rats? LOL I was cruising the house and saying NO NO NO! I was lying under the covers reading - perfect activity for a cold windy snowy day but my mind kept wandering into the kitchen. Had THREE Granny Smith apples, yogurt and grape nuts and two of my lo-lo-cal ices and a banana and a big bowl of pea soup and I was still looking for more to eat.

So I hit the crisper drawer in the fridge and ate a couple handfuls of snow peas that I got for stirfry tonite. It doesn't sound like much but all those little bits started adding up - so I threw half the chicken for the stirfry back into the freezer and upped the veggies. LOL

I *know* it's the hormone swing two days before the big day. And this is without a *real* TOM. My one ovary is still working, I guess!

Gen - Mc D's is my #1.5 favorite and Chinese is #1.75. PIZZA is #1 - and a monster Prime Rib is awfully close to the top, too. Darn food tastes too good to us. Maybe naturally skinny folk have broken tastebuds! ROFL

Sahvara
12-05-2002, 10:54 PM
Cripes!!

Forgot to comment on cool 35 year old dude. Heck... I like his mind... and you say he's attractive too??? Yipes! What a combo! Can I get fries with that? :lol: Get it? Combo... meal... fries.. .dahahahaha! okay.. I'll stop. I gotta cut and paste that message and put that on my wall so I can read it everyday. I focus so much on the weight that I let it bury me. He makes me want to be me and develop what I have under the fat. So when it finally melts away.. there'll be something substantial under it. Ya know? Sweet guy. You should do somethin' with him. Go out for coffee if you do that sorta thing (I like tea, so options are cool). Let us know how it turns out. He sounds like a cool guy. Is he best friend potential? Spend time with him. He sounds wise beyond his years.

But then again what do I know. I'm only 20... and single. I know nothing about guys....

~Sahvara

Kina
12-06-2002, 07:44 AM
Well all I have to say is...I stay away for just a day or two and I gain. Aaaaaarrrrrgh! My parents took us out to eat at China Bear...chinese buffet. My biggest pitfall. But I know alot of my over eating has to do with stress of the holidays and finals. I really have to write down my prospectives and keep them handy. I usually am really good about this but...I am allowing stress to get the best of me.

I will definetly not see my goal by this Christmas. I don't know. Who knows maybe the extra sugar in all these cough drops have some part in it all.

Well I am out of here getting ready to send the kids off to school. Have a great day! Bye.
Kina

Gennel
12-06-2002, 08:55 AM
I've been reading the current posts ,a lot about the holidays,stress and temptation! I can relate, I think we all can relate. But ladies we are worth it damn it! You have the power to make it happen. It's not will power remember that? It's simply you and yourself that make things happen. You make things happen when you " Want" things to happen. There's no other way to say it. If you didnt get what you wanted it's because you didnt go and get it yourself. I did this for a long time. I wanted to lose weight but I waited for it to happen by itself. Boy would Iget mad when I would cheat like the first or second day of a diet! And exercise? I would try it one day and just skip it the next without a thought in m y mind.And every week I would say " Why cant I do this?!!! " Whats the big deal here! My God I simply have to lower my calories or cut down my portions and walk a little. I was a broken record. I would even get upset when my mom would bring some of my favorite foods to my house so I didnt have to cook. I partially blamed her for me eating 2 steaks! OR something like that lol. I thought that Dunkin Donuts,Pizza industry,Mcdonald's an all the Chinese restaurants would go out of business and I would never eat there again! So when I had the chance to eat any of these I would just say " Ahh screw it I'll start tomorrow" the problem is I started " Tomorrow" every freakin day!!!!
Maybe it's PMS talking here lol. I get too involved sometimes in wanting to help people that dont want to help themselves. I truly, honestly Deep down inside . I wish I could cook for a few people who dont have the time to do it, I want to give them a call and say. Let's go walking tonight for 40 minutes and get that metabolism to wake up a bit. I dont feel that way because I'm upset. I feel that way because I care. I feel many of us are in a big room with many doors . And there is a bunch of people walking in circles trying this door or that door. But only one door is painted in red and it says: Walk through here and make it happen. Its not let things happen ,it's MAKE things happen.
I wish I could pay someone to workout for me and I get the benefits lol . But unfortunately I have to sweat with my own sweat . I dont want ANYONE to give up here. I dont want you to feel helpless in this journey. Because you are not alone in this. In fact their are probably millions in your shoes and we're all struggling with this battle. The battle seems overwhelming at many times. Like if we're drowning. But if we step back and take a good look we will see that we are in 1ft of water and are holding ourselves down. There is nothing and there is noone out there that makes us screw up. Just ourselves. It's like a saying that I hate to hear !!! "Iwas drunk and one thing led to another" It just happened lol. Pleeeeease! lol Everytime I hear that on TV I want to reach in and choke the person! lol
Yesterday I officially started my lunges. I gotta firmup this booty . I've heard like a gazillion times that this is the exercise that will firm and lift it where it needs to be! lol I only used 20 lbs of weight while I lunged down. I thought my thighs would crack or something lol. But I'm gonna do it at least 4 times a week!
ttyl,Gen

jen519
12-06-2002, 09:17 AM
Good Morning,
I decided to weigh this morning instead of waiting until tomorrow. I usually miss the chart, so, just in case I can't drag my butt out of bed at 5 a.m. Saturday to weigh and post, here's my weekly weigh-in, of course if I lose another 6 or 7 pounds by tomorrow morning, I'll let you all know.:lol:
I actually lost 3 pounds this week. I'm not sure I'll make it to my goal by the end of the challenge, but I'm giving it my best shot!

Jen
238/232/140

angieME
12-06-2002, 09:23 AM
Congratulations Jen!!!! You must be so happy. Even if you don't hit goal by the end of the challenge you can feel very proud knowing you tried your darndest.

jen519
12-06-2002, 09:46 AM
O.K. Not to be obtuse, but what's rofl. I've been meaning to ask for a while, but keep forgetting.

Jen

Gennel
12-06-2002, 10:51 AM
ROFL means:Rolling On Floor Laughing

LOL means:Laughing Out Loud

LMAO means:Laughing My *** Off

ROFLMAO means: Rolling On Floor Laughing My *** Off

ok more info than you wanted to know :)

Gen

angieME
12-06-2002, 10:55 AM
I have some good news today too. I started this summer out in a size 12 shorts by the time summer ended I had outgrown a size 14 shorts. I just couldn't squeeze into them anymore.

Today I figured I would try the 14's on to see if I could do it. They were actually loose!!! So I figured what the **** might as well try the 12's on. They are tight BUT... they fit too. My biggest jeans are a size 12(which for some reason is smaller than my shorts) so hopefully maybe soon I will be able to wear real jeans again.

Gennel
12-06-2002, 12:19 PM
This is one thing I hate. It totally depends on the brand and style of the jeans. I have 2 sizes of jeans and both fit the same.I have 3 pair of 5/6 jeans and 2 pair of7/8 jeans. They are Calvin Klein,DKNY,Hilfiger jeans and Gap. Shorts are usually a little wider than jeans. Even if its the same size. The waist measurement is way off in some. I have found that the clothes sold inWalmart run in larger sizes than normal. There is a brand called FADED GLORY
I can easily fit into a 3/4 . I mean more than a perfect fit. Jordache jeans run extremely small! None of their jeans fit me . They are very slim in the thigh area . My thighs are about 19.5 now You would need to have at least 18 inch thighs to fit into them! Gap has the best fit for me, the waist is a little loose but the hips and thighs are great, the butt looks great and not smooshed! lol I base my size on what I wear more of. In dresses I'm a 5/6,skirts Iwear 3/4 or 5/6, casual pants 5/6 and most of my pants are 5/6 now. Trust me if you own at least 4 pairs of different brand names in a size 12 I can bet some$$ that at least two wont fit right or wont fit at all. Now when I go buy jeans I usually wrap the waist around my neck and if it overlaps or barely overlaps I know they will fit right. Even though according to my neck measurement I should have a 26 inch waist! My neck is 13 inches lol . And my waist now at 27- 27.5 inches depending onTOM lol

byeeee,
Gen

Gennel
12-06-2002, 12:53 PM
Ok I have Adobe Photoshop where youcan resize it ,3FC allows 110X110 pixels I put my pic at 49X100 pixels but when I went to upload it here it says tis too large? Finally I shrunk it even more and this is the result! My avatar is 60% smaller than some of yours and it looks sooo blurry lol.

oh well I'll try again later lol.

Gen

choci
12-06-2002, 12:57 PM
Gennel, I enjoyed your pep talk! Right on! I was just writing in my journal about how I have a Christmas party to go to tonight, and what foods I know will be there, etc. and how I have a plan in place: I'm not eating any of it! The party is at 9pm, and I'll already have had all the food I could want for the day.

I've made a decision, is all. I'm not eating it because it's not my priority. Staying with the program is. I want more progress and I am not about to let some egg nog or pizza mess with it!

So I agree with you, that it is not about willpower. It's decision-making. It's like how I have decided that I will eat only when I am hungry. And it works, and there is little to anguish over. You need to eat because your body needs fuel. It will tell you when it needs food, and it will tell you how much is enough. You just need to re-learn how to listen to it.

That said, thank you all again for your wonderful support. This really is an awesome group, and I was wondering... you guys want to keep this an ongoing, month-by-month challenge? I, for one, would love it.

choci
12-06-2002, 02:22 PM
Oh, and I forgot to mention -- I am in full PMS mode right now as well! Wouldn't it be funny if we did all get in sync? Is that possible via the internet? ;)

Gennel
12-06-2002, 02:26 PM
Choci it's happened before! lol Dont worry about this being the final challenge. I will keep the challenges as long as I can start a new thread every month. If something happens and I cant start a new thread I will do my best to find another way to chat with all you ladies!

Gen

Sahvara
12-06-2002, 03:30 PM
just a quick post:

All i have to say is i'm glad i don't have my scale anymore. I'm in bloat mode and I had awful cramps yesterday. yech!

~Sahvara

angieME
12-06-2002, 03:47 PM
I'm due anytime. LOL. When I was 16 I lived with one of my friends for the summer and we were right on schedule together.That is so weird how that works.

papes
12-06-2002, 04:11 PM
Hello
I just baught a scale last night. I have not stepped on a scale in a long time. When I started to gain, I started to avoid the scale so, I jumped on and all I could do was believe it was broken I was in shock. I suppose I am at my all time fattest. I thought I was about 150 but I am pushing 160! Oh well, all I can think is that it won't be for long. I am aiming for the first 5 to be gone by Christmas.
I read tommrow is weigh in, but I will have to wait till next week. I have not "cheated" on my diet since I started only 5 days ago, so my motivation is still high!
One problem- Just like some of you ladies it is that time and all I do is crave Ice cream. So I am trying hard. I am doing the atkins diet so even alittle is out of the question. I just have to keep telling myself tommrow I will have icecream. Then I wake up and tell myself the same thing again. It sounds so silly but it works- that one day at a time philosophy- I live by it.

Sahvara
12-06-2002, 04:24 PM
I'm really on a Victor Webster trip and I thought I'd share some drool pics with you. Enjoy!

http://web.syr.edu/~tnrineha/victor1.jpg

http://web.syr.edu/~tnrineha/victor2.jpg

~Sahvara

choci
12-06-2002, 04:36 PM
Papes, I do the exact same thing too! Lately for me it's just been all about when to do a "naughty" day. I keep telling myself... when I've reached a certain weight, or, maybe tomorrow if I do well today, or, wait til the weekend, etc. etc. And I haven't had a "naughty" day at all this week despite really wanting to at times.

I guess I just have my eye on the prize, and I'm a little obsessed, sooo... we'll see. Now that I am on two challenges with different weigh-in days, I'm going to be hard pressed to fit a "naughty" day in any time soon, which I think is very cool. :)

jen519
12-06-2002, 05:42 PM
Hi there. My daughter's slumber party is tonight and I'm getting them pizza, and they're having cake and icecream too. So...do I try to have some of these things in moderation or avoid them altogether? That is my question for today.
Gennel, what resolution is your pic. There's a size limit for pixels (110x110) and also for file size. Try resampling down to half the resolution or something like that. For a pic on the screen 72 dpi is generally adequate. Good luck.

Jen
238/232/140

Kina
12-06-2002, 05:46 PM
Thanks Gennel for the pep talk. Many times when I let out my feelings on the table it is becuase I need exactly that...a response. You are just a wonderful person and I want to thank you for that.

Sahvara~~~you just gave me a whole other pep talk that needs no words. ROFL! LMAO!

Jen~~~don't you worry about those abbreviations they always throw one at me that goes over my head.

Well to everyone else a big hello and many smiles. I have to get some work done. I will check back in later.

Kina

Clarita
12-06-2002, 07:04 PM
Hi!
I have been silently following this thread for a week and i would like to join in. I was a member of this forum a couple years ago. I successfully maintained a weight of 118-125 for 5 years with a combination of regular exercise and healthy eating. Over the past 18months an extra 20lbs has been added to my weight. I started a new job, ended a ltr, and moved into my first apartment. My workout regimine was virtually non existent untill the past few weeks. I hope with the support of this group I can stick to my workout plan and healthier eating habits, drop those extra pounds, and regain a healthy muscle tone. If anyone has similar goals and is looking for a buddy please let me know!

Seeing photographs was a definite wake up call :(

Clarita

angieME
12-06-2002, 07:52 PM
Hi Clarita,

Welcome to our little family. LOL You will find so much support here.:grouphug:

Gennel
12-06-2002, 09:59 PM
Welcome Clarita, How many pounds are you gonna go for ? This challenge ends 12//24/02 So you have two and a half weeks. Just let me know so I can enter you asap. I start a new challenge once the 4 weeks are up so dont worry, we'll be around for a long time!

Gen

Sahvara
12-06-2002, 11:19 PM
Kina, nice to know that someone enjoyed the pictures. Although, I'm scared to wonder about what "pep talk" you were refering to. *eyebrow

Just got back from the gym and guess what???

New Record!!!

Elliptical Monster
6.01 miles
1021 calories
69 minutes

Welcome Clarita! I'm sure you'll accomplish your ultimate goal! We are a supportive bunch so we'll help you along the way. 3FC is what got me to go to the gym in the first place. It's really good. I myself have 39lbs to lose (last I checked of course). I threw out my scale battery so I have no idea where I am not. Hopefully better off than before. Nah.. I'm sure I'm better off than before.

Much love and luck to everyone... there is a shower... with my name on it!

~Sahvara

jen519
12-07-2002, 01:03 AM
Darnit! I'm so annoyed with myself. I decided to risk eating some of the food from tonight's slumber party. While I admit it could have been worse, I didn't really eat "in moderation" as I had planned. I ended up eating 5 count 'em 5 pieces of pizza. I also had a small piece of cake and a small scoop of ice cream. To top it all off, I'm drinking a wine cooler now! I had to do something. I've got a house full of screaming, giggling girls! I'm trying to decided if I should get up at 5 and weigh in again. I probably put the 3 pounds back on. Think I'll go do some calorie counting and see if I did any damage.
And then, I know it's late at night, but I'm going to do some sort of work-out to burn up some of those darned excess calories. On a side note, I've got sort of a "date" for tomorrow evening. He's just a long-time friend who just also happens to be single. We get together every month or two for companionship and to have a good time :devil: :D :spin: He's what a girlfriend of mine calls a "special friend". O.K. Now you all know how bad I am!

Jen
238/232?/140

grizzlyschick
12-07-2002, 07:35 AM
I'm so excited!:D I came off my plateau and lost 5 pounds this week! (Thanks to Rusty and her info on sodium!) I modified my sodium and whew it was gone!) I thought of you this morning Angie after I weighed in because as of today I have lost 130 pounds- I now have 40 more to go to get to goal! Thanks to all of you for the continued support. :grouphug: Now I just gotta make sure I don't mess it up this weekend! Hi Clarita welcome to the group:wave: Well gotta run. Just had to share my excitement with all of you:cb: Take care. Hope everyone has a great weigh in!Di

angieME
12-07-2002, 08:19 AM
Di, Wow 130 pounds, I already know how you feel!!! GREAT!!! You are doing so awesome and I am so proud of you. You have accomplished so much.

My weigh in for today is... down 3.5 pounds for a total on this challenge of 6.5 pounds lost.. I can almost feel those jeans now!!!

206.5 starting
178.5 current
130 goal

jen519
12-07-2002, 08:22 AM
I decided to go ahead and get up to weigh in this morning. Thankfully, even after yesterday being a 3000+ calorie day, I still have a 3 pound loss. Yipee skipee! Way to go, Di. 5 pounds is awesome. I can see why you're excited. Hope everyone has a great weigh-in.

Jen
238/232!/140

choci
12-07-2002, 08:58 AM
Checking in! Congrats to everyone for doing so awesome this week! This challenge seems to do wonders, as I am happy to say that I am down from 292 last week to 288.5 this week -- 3.5 pounds! Woo hoo! My total is now 21.5 pounds lost.

I was a very good girl at the party last night. It wasn't much of a wild one, anyway -- all I had to do was not look at the pizza and wings and demurely sip at my vodka and diet 7UP. ;) Nah, it was totally fine. I left early, too. I'm a party pooper, I guess!

Hugs to everyone, and keep up the good work!

Rusty*Rusty
12-07-2002, 09:36 AM
http://pages.map.com/rclark/scalel.gif

Good morning, losers! LOL We need a bumper sticker - PROUD TO BE A LOSER!

Some real powerful messages here - I read the thread talking to myself the whole time like "Wow!" And "You go, girl!" and "Yep, been there, done that!" So if I don't mention you specifically it isn't because you aren't coming thru loud and clear. :)

Jen - you're the "been there, done that" this time. My BIG temptation is pizza. I can't stop. Isn't it weird how our brain, which has been on track and well-behaved for weeks (months) will just go psycho on you and start saying - "Go on, a couple pieces won't hurt. Have another one. I give up, I don't care - I'd rather eat than lose all this weight."

Then suddenly - five minutes too late - your brain says "Oh S**T! I shouldn't have done that, I'm evil, I'm awful, what was I thinking? Oh no!!"

The good news is - that one binge probably won't amount to much weight gain - it'll just stall you in your program. My last binge was greasy/salty CHEX SNACK! A huge amount - about seven servings. Enough to feed a starving nation for a whole day. So I went to caloriefreak and I put it in. BUT - tricky me - it IS all in the way you look at it. I put it in one serving each spread over the next FOURTEEN DAYS. Then I dropped my calorie intake accordingly so my AVERAGE calorie intake still stayed under 1200 over all.

So take your 3000+ (were those loaded cheese pizza slices, Jen?? Seems a little high to me, unless they had lots of meat and cheese) and spread it out as 215 calories a day for the next two weeks. In the long run, as long as you graze/eat lots of small meals throughout the day so you don't throw your body into starvation mode - you will wind up losing despite your pizza party! :)

Why can't kids at slumber parties eat broccoli and yogurt. "Hey kids - time for a salad! Then we're going to make string bean smoothies! Who's first??" LOLOL

Di - You're a wonder to mine eyes - so the salt thing is worth keeping in mind! You're living proof. You have done SOOO well. You must feel really good. Where did you find the most sodium - hidden in the stuff you normally chow on??

Clarita - glad you jumped in. Gennel runs a great group here. I think it's super that she's lost so much weight and hangs in here to help the rest of us meet our goals! Sure is an active, intelligent, loving bunch of grrrrlz here!

See what I mean, I get going here and can't stop! Better here than at the refigerator! :lol:

laney1733
12-07-2002, 11:14 AM
Hello all. I am extremely excited to announce a one pound loss for this week. That puts me with a 25 pound loss so far. It has taken me 4 months to lose it though. And it's slowing down even more , but it is still a downward trend so that's ok. If I lose ANYTHING during the holidays, I'm good with it. I've heard some women say that the weight just falls off when they are nursing and other women say that it is harder to lose after the frst few pounds. I'm claiming that, for me, it is much harder. I just seem hungery all the time! ARGH!:( You all are doing so well and I love reading about your lives. It really does motivate me to read your stories. I am going Christmas shopping with my mom today so I don't have much time. I just wanted to drop a line so you don't all forget me! You guys are like mad posters! I couldn't possibly keep up. I haven't been on in a couple of days and I was 6 pages behind!! 6 pages! Lots of good reading to keep me busy in my down time though. Thanks guys!:D TTFN

grizzlyschick
12-07-2002, 11:18 AM
:D hey everyone! Rusty the most hidden sodium I think was in the canned veggies. I usually have them a few times a week and I noticed this week replacing them with frozen seemed to make a big difference. I didn't feel as bloated in the mornings. Also cut back on the diet pepsi. I only have it at meals now. I hated letting it go:cry: but not feeling bloated and seeing a more substantial loss made all that darn water worth it! No matter how much darn water I drink, I'm still sick of it!:p So many losers this week- WOO HOO! FOR US ALL!:bravo: Thanks for all the congrats- and the support- you guys are great! Take care. Di

laney1733
12-07-2002, 11:19 AM
Oh I forgot to add my 2 cents about the pizza. I really love pizza but only from one specific shop thats about 1/2 hour from my house. My husband doesn't care for their pizza. But about once a month. Usually on Thursday, we get it. And I'll eat like 3 slices, it is a thick crust pizza. And I usually have a Coke with it to boot. I just can't say no to it!!!! It is like an addiction, so I know how you feel. You're still down for the week and still plugging away on your road so don't feel too bad about it and just move on. You're doing great girl!!:D

jen519
12-07-2002, 11:33 AM
We're all doing great! I love the support and inspiration I get from you all. Thanks, Rusty, I was all in a lather last night and counted my calories for the day in my head. Overestimated a bit. I really don't know about the pizza calories. They were giant pizzas and I probably had half of one by myself! One slice of cheese pizza and the rest were pepperoni. Still, without all the hysteria, my count this morning only came to about 2400 calories for the day! Thanks for the slap:dizzy:

Jen
238/232(woohoo)/140

Kina
12-07-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Sahvara
Kina, nice to know that someone enjoyed the pictures. Although, I'm scared to wonder about what "pep talk" you were refering to. *eyebrow

Ahh! The PEP talk. You have to know just by looking at the guy he would only take a second look at a gorgeous woman walking by. LOL Anyhow he is gorgeous himself. Woohoo!

Kina

jen519
12-07-2002, 11:45 AM
I love the internet. Just found the website for Papa Murphy's pizza. Had all the nutritional info right there. I underestimated the pizza just a bit, but I still stayed under 3000 for the day. I like the idea about spreading it out over the next week. And having an easy way to work-out at home now gives me an opportunity to up my activity if I want to.
I have an incredibly busy day today, so food shouldn't be much of a problem. The biggest problem will probably be finding time to eat! This morning isn't too structured. I have to get to the bank at some point to transfer some money and the grocery store to pick up stuff for next weeks lunches. At 1:00, though, my daughter has to be at the school for a program she's singing in. Then at 2:45 the same group is singing at the "Santa House" in town. At 4:00 she meets her girl scout troop to march in the "Santa Parade." I get to march too if I want to. I don't want to twirl those ribbons though! After that I'm taking her up to my mom's house to spend the night and it's off to my friend Marci's. Then at 8:00 I'm going for my "booty call". Tomorrow I'll be alone for a several hours at home. Sunday is my hardest day to stay OP. At this rate, though, I think I may nap all day!

Jen

Kina
12-07-2002, 11:54 AM
Welcome to the thread Clarita! You will LOVE it here!

Sahvara~~~to add to the PEP talk. My goodness the guy is looking at ME. I have to be my best always! LOL
Oh and big :bravo: thumbs up to you on your relationship with the elliptical machine.

Di~~~that is tremendous effort on your part for the willpower to let go of the Pepsi! OMG 130 lbs GONE FOREVER! Wow I think we need a few of these guys right here...:cb: :dance: :high: :cb: That is totally awesome! Many hugs to you.

You guys I think we need to make it a rule to not talk about PIZZA on the weekends...LOL. The weekends are the worst for me. Can anyone offer a replacement for when I head to Pizza Hut for pizza and that way I won't feel deprived.

Oh! I seriously think there is something wrong with my scale if unless it had something to do with the fact that I hadn't been drinking enough water. But this morning I was down to 195. I had started at 194 then managed to get myself up to 197 and now I am down to 195. Now it is either the scale or the fact that I had not been drinking enough water. I am going to check the water theory before throwing out my scale. So today and for the coming week I will buy myself a water bottle that will allow me to count my suggested daily water.

I know I didn't give out many individual hello's. But know that I enjoy reading all of your posts and they are very important to me becuase they allow me to place them into my everyday goals and do something about it. Okay. I have so much to do today. I had better get going.

Bye.Kina

choci
12-07-2002, 12:09 PM
I just want to say that I am also a pizza fiend -- my bf calls me "Pizza the Hut", in fact. I could, and would, live on it! I find a good way to have pizza without having a whole pie to reckon with is to get a half a pizza sub. That way, you get your pizza fix and you don't have leftovers.

Kina
12-07-2002, 12:18 PM
Well my biggest pitfall during Christmas time are TAMALES! OMG, I can smell those things miles away. YIKES.

Rusty*Rusty
12-07-2002, 12:38 PM
Restaurant Confidential has Pizza Hut included and reccomends one or the other of these choices and reminds you to ask for half-cheese to cut the fat further:

Pizza Hut Hand Tossed Veggie Lover's Pizza - 3 Slices - 550 cal/14 grams of fat

And if you can't get everybody to go veggie for you...

Pizza Hut Personal Pan Ham - you can eat the WHOLE THING! - 580 cal/23 grams of fat

The Cheese and/or Pepperoni Personal Pans are about 630 calories / 28 grams of fat

Choci - good idea on the sub - all the taste - without the temptation of overeating!

Homesite for the book:

http://www.restaurantconfidential.org

Gennel
12-07-2002, 02:21 PM
We have some great losses for this Weigh in! Di you are amazing girl. If you dont find a way in you make a way in! very proud of you! I had put on 1/2 lb and lost it again so still at 129 whoopee.
I have been debating for a while how bad do I really want to get to my ultimate goal of 125? I lost 65 lbs just for me. But I have to admit that the last 4 lbs I want to do it for other reasons and not myself. I wanted to weigh 125 for my hubby. Is that insane? He told me once many ,many years ago " I wonder what you would look like at 125 lbs" Geeze I wanted to cry when he mentioned that ! lol He assured me a gazillion times he did not think I needed to lose weight. Well I was about 135 at that time. He knows now that I want to lose these last 4 lbs and Imsort of beating around the bush about it. I know what I have to do but I am not into it. What I am into is maintaining my current weight ,which I have done well for about 2 months? Not sure lol
He tells me not to worry that I will lose it slowly. But I dont hear it like that. I want to hear " HOney dont do it" You look perfect this way lol . Why do we feel we need to accepted by someone else? I accept myself the way I am now! I have two kids andI now weigh what I did when I was 14 yrs old. Not many people do that and I am proud.So for this reason only I am saying today that I am totally fine with my weight . I keep on trying to picture how much of a difference would 4 lbs less look on me. And the truth is when I lost 8 lbs in a whole month I could not see it in pictures.
ok now for the weigh in lol . So there will be no weightloss goal for me just to maintain.

Gen..Goal..maintain forever!

Laney1733...Goal 4 lbs

AnigeMe..Goal 8 lbs..Loss 3 lbs

Kina..Goal 8 lbs

Kempyd..Goal 2.5 lbs

Choci..Goal 10 lbs..Loss 3 lbs

Sahvara..Goal 4 lbs

Grizzly..Goal 10 lbs

Jen519..Goal 8 lbs

sheila_220..Goal 10 lbs

Papes..Goal 5 lbs

Rusty..Goal..8 lbs... Loss 1 lb

Gen
194/129/Maintain

Sahvara
12-07-2002, 03:12 PM
Well, I'm on the phone right now with my mom as she tells me how fat I am. This is annoying. I don't feel like writing...

~Sahvara

Sahvara
12-07-2002, 04:45 PM
Okay I'm back.... everyone has been doing so well!

Di, you are amazing. You lost the equivalent of a whole person. In fact, you just lost Gennel.

Jen, you're doing great! Keep it up. :)

Laney, congrats on the 25# landmark!

Angie, I must say I'm a bit on the jealous side. But it's a good jealous. Like the kind that has me still fricken estatically proud of, and happy for you, but also amazed that you started out weighing more than I did and now you weigh less than I do. Makes me feel like I'm a bum. But I know it's just your dedication and focus.

Kina, I see what you mean! The picture with Victor on the truck.... looks like he's looking at me, err.. us. It's cool. I'm gonna stare at that picture regularly now. :D

Gen, I feel bad since I can't update your weigh in charts. I'm gonna buy a battery today and weigh myself tomorrow and perhaps post the loss or gain or whatever have you. I gotta participate somehow. I hope to be a success story like you. For now, I'm off to the gym again. I'll check in later.

~Sahvara

Kina
12-07-2002, 07:33 PM
Sahvara~~~I am so sorry your mom is being that way. You know years ago my mom did something like that to me in a round about way. I had to just give her the facts as rudely as it came out. But it finally stopped the suggestive pep talks she was giving me. Basically she was obsessed with my brother's girlfriend who had already had children yet she was just a perfect 10 because she was so SKINNY! Whatever! I was probably weighing 200 at the time. So I just turned to my mother and told her "What do I care if she looks so good in this and that! Perhaps I content with pleasing my husband and only my husband. I am sorry if you can't except me for the way that I look but I don't starve myself so that I can have other men take notice of me like someone we won't mention. But bottom line, MOTHER, I am quite happy with who I am. I am a wonderful wife, mother, and person but if I can't add daughter into that list simply because I don't fit into a size 6 well then you have problems because I thought mom's should love and support their children through whatever issues!" She started to cry...not me. It was something I had to do to stop the abuse. It stopped.

Now she supports me to lose weight and she no longer sees my brother's girlfriend as Ms. Perfect. She sees what I saw so long ago.

Sometimes we have to turn I thoughts away from people who are that way but fortunate for you...you will always have us.

Kina

Sahvara
12-08-2002, 12:13 AM
Thanks Kina, I'll try to keep that in mind. I can't be perfect. All I can be is me. But I'm thinking that "me" can't lose 10lbs in half a year. :(

I bought the battery, but I'm gonna wait till tuesday to weigh myself again cuz I prob have a ton of water weight on me.

Ya know what bothers me? People who can't gain weight. Like John Leguizamo..... he couldn't gain a pound if ya strapped it to him!! I just saw him in a commercial. Always the thin man... I'm sad cuz I stepped on the scale tonight. Of course I did it after I ate dinner and knowing that I have water weight before my (.) .... yeesh! I was happier when I didn't have the battery. I may have to throw it out in the snow again. *eyebrow

wykyd
12-08-2002, 05:30 PM
Hi all , wow what a lot to catch up on!
Sorry I missed the weigh- in , I didn't lose anything this week, but I'm happy as I thought I might have put last weeks loss back on. It looks like my week of frantic exercising paid off!

Sahvara, Kina is so right about your mother. Sometimes the people we love don't even realise how easily they can hurt us, they don't think about how what they say might sound out loud.

Sometimes I think bigger people are expected just to put up with the insults and rude remarks, and if you don't you get accused of having no sense of humour. I would never think of walking up to a skinny person and saying "My god, you're so skinny- why don't you eat something!", or making stick insect jokes!

We had our Xmas party at work on Saturday night, drinks and
karaoke ( hey - there's a great idea, lets give a bunch of drunk people a microphone!) and this clown I work with yells out to me
"Hey, Rache, heres a song for you: "Big Girls Don't Cry".
Awkward, embarrassed giggles from some co-workers. So I walked up to the microphone and sang "Wild Thing" instead.
Brought the house down (and I'm not that good a singer!).

Kina
12-08-2002, 11:34 PM
Someone had asked about the chat room a few weeks back. Well there is a thread that popped up asking for people to check it out and give some feedback....
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22563&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

I hope that will get you to where you need to go if not check it out under Announcements and Forum Help!>Chat Testers needed!

I thought I would let you all know. Bye.
Kina

Kempyd
12-09-2002, 11:38 AM
I miss a weekend and I miss so many posts. You guys are amazing. I am not going to list all of the names but you guys always make me smile. No matter how bad of a day I am having I get on here adn all of you just perk me up!

Do you think we need to form a pizza support group? I admit I am addicted too.

I am really busy today but I wanted to check in to let everyone now that I was alive. (If anyone noticed I was missing)

Gennel
12-09-2002, 12:20 PM
Well I guess I'm about to get a cold or something. I spent the weekend making a lifesized Hula Girl, we will be in a parade and our Truck will be decorated. The theme is "Tropical Paradise"
So our girlscout troop is doing (grasskirts,flower in the hair thing.
Well I spray painted the skirt part and the next morning I was blowing my nose and had chunks of forest green paint coming out of my nose! My throat was hurting too. No doubt I have some paint in my throat too ,oh great. Well I was getting worse with sinus pain,runny nose. I took 2 liquid gell tabs of Alka-selzter Plus.OMG is all I can say!The last time I took this it didnt really get me drowsy ,I just had a good night sleep. This time I took it and went to my brother's house to wish him a happy birthday. Well about an hour later I was asleep on his sofa lol. I felt like I was super drunk and I was talking jibberish lol. I live on the same block as he does but he had to drive me home! lol I was knocked out by 8:30. By 3 am I was wide awake. I cant believe that I still feel this damn medicine in my system this afternoon!!!
Anyway, I'm gonna try to visit the chat tonight. I went in this morning to see if it worked and it worked fine after I refreshed it once.I skipped the Gym today. But the guilt is building up so I might go tonight with my hubby and just do 1 hr on the treadmill instead.
ttyl,
Gen

Clarita
12-09-2002, 01:44 PM
Ack I missed the weigh-in. What day do you guys do it?
Since last Sunday I have lost 1.5lbs. Not too shabby of a start. My goal is to lose 5lbs by CHristmas. I have changed my eating habits slightly but am having trouble keeping up with the water drinking. Any tips? I worked out 4x last week elliptical machine for 45 minutes 4x and 3 days of weights. I don't doubt that I might have gained a little muscle weight this week. It is amazing how muscles have a memory. As soon as I give them a boost they start popping right back into place. I have to keep this up! This is hard month to quick of a weight-loss/workout regimine. I am going on Holiday to Vancover B.C and San Diego not to mention all the holiday goodies that are floating about the office. You guys are so inspiring though and reading your posts every morning is keeping me going. Congrats on all the losses girls!
Clarita

jen519
12-09-2002, 10:08 PM
Sorry to hear you're feeling so yucky Gennel. The stress of the new house is probably zapping your immune system in spite of all you do to take care of your body. I'm sure the chemicals in the paint didn't help either. Get as much rest as you can. Hope you feel better soon.
And Kempyd, of course I noticed you were missing. I'm sure I'm not the only one either. Good to hear from you. If we do form a pizza support group, can it include canneloni. I just didn't feel like cooking tonight and took my DD to a little italian place. I ordered the canneloni and while I didn't eat it all and I'm not sick, I do feel sort of "heavy" like I should have stopped just a few bites sooner.
Clarita, congrats on the loss. You and all the other women who do that elliptical machine are an inspiration to me. For now, though, I'll just keep doing my walking videos. Maybe when I get stronger I'll go for something more intense! I like water, but only when it's ice cold, so I keep several bottles in the freezer with just a little water (ice) in the bottom. Then I carry a bottle of ice water with me throughout my whole day and whenever I think about it, I take a drink. I usually end up drinking at least 64 oz. a day.
My dinner is almost settled, so it's just about time to do a 2-mile walk to help work off some of that canneloni!

Jen
238/232/140

Rusty*Rusty
12-10-2002, 08:52 AM
Kempy - little do you know when people are thining of you! Made your chili last night with ground turkey - with medium salsa and whew! Hot stuff. Excellent and filling meal - BB and I stuffed a scoop of chili into pita halves and sprinkled ff cheese on top and chowed down. Very filling for two halves and it was less that 400 calories for supper - even with a few nacho chips for scooping up the dribbles (not counting the dribbles on my shirt! LOL) There's tons left for reheating, too.

Jen! I went walking with you yesterday. Only I did the 1 mile twice - once in the afternoon and once with BB after dinner. On the weekends we're going to go to the 2 mile again. Do you find your shoulders/upper arms take the worst beating? I think I could do the walking no sweat if Leslie didn't insist on making me raise my dang arms so much. :) But I do it - and it's getting easier a little at a time.

If you need to distract yourself watch Debbie frown and check out Leslie's eyebrows. Haha. One thing I did to enjoy the workout a bit more was bring in a box fan and blast it in my direction. I hate sweating. (Some fitness nut I am, huh!)

Rusty*Rusty
12-10-2002, 08:56 AM
My favorite snack replacement lately? Tea. I bought three different samplers of herbal tea from three companies - Bigelow, Lipton and Celestial Seasonings and got a chance to try about fifteen different flavors. My two favorites (neither came in a sampler!) are Good Earth Chai (Indian traditional drink - black tea and spices) with a little 2% milk, and YUMMY CS Honey Vanilla Chamomile (No caffeine).

Then if I'm still hungry a half hour later - I nibble more real food.

jen519
12-10-2002, 10:10 AM
Good Morning,
I have to take dd to the orthodontist this morning, so I'm up a little later than usual. Just got through with the 2-mile walk. I never hop in the shower directly after because even after the cool-down and stretching, my body continues to sweat a LOT. I don't want to still be sweating when I'm done showering! I sure have noticed that in the afternoon or evening, I'm much more able to excersize than in the morning. Maybe I need more warm-up or something. I can do that 2-mile walk with no adjustments, but not in the A.M. It's weird. Hey Rusty, I forgot to look at Leslie's eyebrows. That one woman in the back on the left (of us) sure doesn't look too happy though.
I have my first ice-skating lesson tonight. Wish me luck. Hope I don't fall and break something! Oh well, I think my AFLAC would cover it and then I could take some time of from my pukey job!

Jen
238/232/140

Kempyd
12-10-2002, 10:12 AM
Rusty I never thought about using pita with the chilli. I will try that next time I cook it. Thanks for the advise. I meant to tell you when you posted the new pics, I love it. You guys look so happy.

Kina and Sah how did your tests go?

Genn I hope you are feeling better today.

Jenn did you try to get into the chat room last night? Did you get my PM?

Angie I missed chating with you when you went to the store.

If I missed anyone I am sorry. I will check back in later today. I hope you guys are having a great day.

Kempyd
12-10-2002, 10:18 AM
Jen I notice when I do yoga in the mornging I am not very good at it either. I think I definety need to be more warmed up for any typ of workout. I groan everytime we get into a position that I have to bend forward for.

angieME
12-10-2002, 10:28 AM
I know Kempy. I had NO food in the house and I needed to go to get supper. LOL I think I will make oyster stew for supper tonight. Jay is going to have Moose meat so me and the twins eat oyster stew while he eats that. YUCK!!! I hate moose and deer meat. Too wild tasting for me.

I moved the elliptical up a level and I seem to be adjusting to it well. I doubt I will have much of a loss this week as I am so close to my period. I have a pap test tomorrow so I am praying it doesn't come overnight.

How is everyone doing? good I hope

jen519
12-10-2002, 10:41 AM
I did get your message Kempyd, but I'd walked away from the computer for an hour or so and when I came back, there was no one in the chat room :( . Maybe next time. I'd love to have a real-time chat.

Kempyd
12-10-2002, 10:44 AM
Wouldn't that be kind of gross if it did? I have one Monday. I hate those things. Nothing more degrading.

I like venison sausage. We make it really spicy down here. It is awesome in red beans and rice. Whci by the way I make really good. It is one of the only things that I can cook.

Good job with the elliptical. I over slept this morning so no pilates. Joe was up all night coughing and it kept me awake too. I felt so bad for him. Poor baby I know he was miserable.

Kempyd
12-10-2002, 10:45 AM
Jenn we all got off around 10 central time. It was getting close to my bed time and I couldn't keep my eyes open. Maybe we will catch you another night.

Rusty*Rusty
12-10-2002, 11:12 AM
Am I the only morning person? I WOULD get going first thing in the morning but all this little stuff like feed the dogs, feed the wild birds, see BB off to work seems to push it all back to mid-morning for me. If I don't do it instantly - I have to talk myself into it. Same with a shower - if I don't jump in as soon as my eyes open - I hate to break up my day by getting in later. Guess it's like - get it over with!

BB on the other hand HAS to have a cup of coffee, look at the paper, blah-blah-blah!

Kempy - had a couple leftover chili stuffed pitas - made too many last night - and they were still yummy - if sloppy. BB was never a big chili fan - but he loves YOURS, especially in the pitas with a bit of cheese sprinkled on.

I also make Sunday breakfast in the pitas now - used to have big water rolls grilled with real eggs and real cheese and lots of meat. Now it's eggbeaters/50% Light Cabot cheese/97% ff ham slices all stuffed into a warm pita. Awesome and fun to eat.

Kempyd
12-10-2002, 11:26 AM
Do you guys own stock in a pita company? lol What in the world is a water roll? I don't think I have ever heard of that before. I dno't think my Chili is like all of the others. It is much lighter. My hubby loves it to. He will get on a kick sometimes and that is all he wants all week, weird. I think he is just happy to have a home cooked meal. He is out of town alot and eats out every night. He usually hits Outback steak house. I can't beleive he isn't sick of it yet. He has been eating there when he goes out of town for over 2 years. I know I would get sick of it.

laney1733
12-10-2002, 12:27 PM
Where is this chili recipe everyone is talking about? My dh loves chili so my sister makes it often but she uses sausage and ground beef. Very fattening! Chili sounds really good to me right now. It is so cold here! Ever since I started losing weight, I am always cold. My furnace is on 70 and I can't feel my fingers!! Sorry I haven't been checking in much lately, there's a whole world full of stores out there and they are all calling my name!!:( And my friend is going to go into labor any second and then I'll be MIA for a couple of days again. I love birth, it is just awsome! I've been thinking abot going back to school for my RN and then going on to become a midwife. That would be the best job on the planet I think. Anyway, my friends been 4cm for two days now and still no signs of real labor. Watch, it'll prob happen at 3 am tonight!! Anyway, it took me 2 hours to get in 45 mins on the treadmill today. That is frustrating. I keep having to stop and take care of my dd. She's only happy for a few minutes at a time playing by herself. How do you all think thay will affect my workout overall? It's like 10 mins on, 3 mins off, 15 mins on, 10 mins off, 5 mins on, 10 mins off, AARRGGHH Take care everyone!! TTFN

Kempyd
12-10-2002, 01:38 PM
Lane it should not matter if you have to break it up as long as you are getting it in.

The chili recipe is:

1 - 1 1/2 lbs ground meat drained and rinsed
2 cans of kidney beans rinsed
1 can pinto beans rinsed
1 medium jar of salsa
1 can diced tomates (I use mexican flavored)
ground cumin to taste
chili powder to taste

simmer for about 15 -20 min.

that is all I put in mine. I am sure thatyou can add anything extra you like. One thing I do put in mine is tabassco sauce but then agian I am in the south and I put that on everything.

wykyd
12-10-2002, 03:43 PM
G'day all. Nice to hear everyone is still hanging in there with excercise.
Saw a really bizarre infomercial yesterday (U.S.) with a guy who sells a six week weight loss plan that he swears will have you losing over forty pounds. Without going to the gym or starving yourself. I nearly fell off my bike laughing. If only it were that simple. To give him some credit, the plan came in a very nice folder, so I guess its not a total waste of money.
Okay gals- 'fess up time. What's the weirdest diet thing you've ever done?

For me it would be the Alphabet diet where you could eat as much as you liked of any healthy foods beginnng with the letter for that day. So on day one you could eat your fill of apples, aubergines, asparagus etc, and so on through the alphabet. I lasted to E, when I decided that E was for Extra crispy fried chicken.;)

Kempyd
12-10-2002, 04:22 PM
I can honestly say that I have never heard for the alphabet diet. I though working in a gym that I had heard all of them. That is pretty funny though. I don't think I would have made it to C that means cake right?

Rusty*Rusty
12-10-2002, 04:23 PM
Jen - do you mean the walker who resembles a beef jerky or the blonde woman who frowns a lot? LOL

You inspired me - I did the 2 mile today - but didn't use the water-filled weights - I used a couple tomato sauce cans - the little ones. At least I made it to the end of the two miles. The legs can handle it - it's the middle back that gets strained.

Kempy - the pitas are just cool because you can have bread on both sides of your sandwich for 75 calories for a half a pita. LOL I stuff them with ham and light cheese and grill them, too, on the small electric Geo Foreman type grill. (My Hamilton Beach grill is actually a lot better than the GF - it's larger and has a timer.)

jen519
12-10-2002, 04:50 PM
Rusty, you crack me up. I'm pretty sure it's the one who "resembles a beef jerky". Thanks for saying I inspired you. That's the greatest feeling!:D
I must have just missed people in the chat room. I tried around 8:20 Pacific Time. Is anybody else on the west coast?

Jen

Gennel
12-10-2002, 05:47 PM
How's everyone doing? I read chili and it sounds sooo good!
I love chili. Right now the sinus cold has really hit me hard. My sinus pressure, my left eye is tiny ,swelled and teary ! I cant taste or smell anything! I hate that!!!!! I'm cooking gr.turkey meatloaf and mashed potatoes... I had an impossible time seasoning it since I cant taste it!!!!!!! I missed the Gym yesterday totally , my body was just aching. Today was not that different but I was determined to get on the Elliptical machine today no matter what. I expected the worst and thought I would last 20 minutes at the most! I took a towel cause I have a bad runny nose too lol. Well I guess I was feeling so guilty that I did my usual hour and didnt even feel it! I was so proud today ...yippeeeeee

ttyl,
Gen

laney1733
12-10-2002, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the chili recipe Kempyd. I like my food spicy too so I'll definately try it. And I love salsa on/in anything. I think I'm going to the grocery store tonight.... I have the 2 mile WATP tape. I watched it once while I was on the treadmill. My upper body needs some help so I really should do it! Learning all of those moves intimidates me I guess, I need to get my booty in gear. I do the same thing every day, just changing the intensity and duration. I need to shake things up a bit!!:D Way to go Gennel on getting in your time, I hope you feel better real soon. Being sick is just a bummer!!

Rusty*Rusty
12-10-2002, 06:17 PM
Gen - poor thing - you get credit for the hour and extra credit for getting on the darn thing in the first place. When I feel that bad - it's bed and a book for me!

Laney - jump down and do some walking with the tape some days. The moves are NOTHING - I am a klutz when I watch those workout shows on TV - but within a day or so you'll be doing all the moves with Leslie and the gang. And if you mess up? Who knows? If you do a good 2 mile/30 minute walk with the tape - you can still do some treadmill later on if you feel up to it.

Here's goofy - the first night I got the 1 mile tape - BB and I went to bed and ate supper while we watched the tape. Completely un-intimidating. LOL

Jen - do you have the set of three tapes and the weights? When I get tired - I just watch Randy in the back and if he can do it - I can do it. LOL

Gen - send me your pic - I'll size it for you. Jen is right - it's probably just the resolution. Anyone else - PM me. I don't mind helping you out with your avatar.

Sahvara
12-10-2002, 06:28 PM
Yuck, being sick sucks. For some reason I haven't been sick yet. I'm thankful for that too. Kudos, Gen, for working out while sick.

Chili is indeed good. I should make some. But my mom hates the way I make it. She says it's too spicy... I say it's juuuuuuuuuuuuust right. :D Although, I may try to jump in on the Pita thing. You all make it sound so appetizing.

Hey, what do you all do when you're not at work, school, on the computer? I'm one of those people who eats when she is bored. I gotta come up with something to do that will take up a lot of time. I don't have a family to take care of and it's just me in the dorm - no roomies.

Oh yeah, I was gonna say that I found my goal. I didn't know what I would look like when I got down to a sensible weight so I walked around the mall today looking at manequins. I finally settled on the Lane Bryant ones. The other's looked like pale zombies. The LB ones were not to big and not to small. It may sound weird to all of you that I'd be looking at LB's manequins for inspiration, but I think they are beautiful. I waited in line for 9 minutes so I could ask the CSR. She was very nice and walked out with a tape measure to one of them.

Bust: 39
Waist: 29
Hips: 38.5

Now all I have to do is find my tape measure so I know how far I have to go. Where did I put that blasted thing?

~Sahvara

Kempyd
12-10-2002, 07:47 PM
I think the LB one are a good size too. I am fourtunate in that my hubby dosen't like skinny girls. I think I have that department covered.

I usually eat when I am bored too. I am trying to get the association in my subdivision going so I hopw once it is up and running it will keep me busy. Maybe then I can stop stuffing my face.

angieME
12-10-2002, 07:51 PM
boredom eating is the hardest one to stop. I have trouble at night. Now I do 15 minutes on the elliptical when I get too bored and it usually makes me forget about eating. PMS doesn't help though. LOL

angieME
12-10-2002, 07:52 PM
Oh yeah. I wonder why our Journal buttons aren't under our avatars anymore.

jen519
12-11-2002, 12:07 AM
Well...I did it. I had my first ice-skating lesson tonight. I fell once and couldn't get back up. The instructor had to basically lift me off the stupid ice. I think I'll practice getting up from one knee off the floor. Then all I'll have to struggle with is keeping my balance on the slippery stuff!
I can't do all those darned dance aerobic moves either. That's what I love about these WATP tapes. I know that from time to time my hands aren't necessarily moving the right way, but like you said, Rusty, who's gonna know? I do have the whole set with the water weights, but I have some 1 pound ring weights and I don't know if it's psychological or what, but they definitely feel lighter and more manageable than those fancy blue balls. Blue balls? Isn't that some sort of male infirmity?
O.K. back on the subject. Anything that gets me moving and helps me stay motivated is good. These tapes seem to be doing it for me so far.

Jen
238/232/140

Kempyd
12-11-2002, 10:15 AM
Jen you sound like me when I tried to snow ski. I ended up crying b/c I couldn't do it. I was so mad all I could do was ball. Of course I waited until no one was around. Hubby say me and didn't understand why I was so upset. Meanwhile he is skiing all ofver the mountain. I guess this southern girl is just not meant to be on snow.

wykyd
12-11-2002, 01:09 PM
blue balls: (blubalz) what happens to a man after lying on an ice skating rink for twenty minutes unable to get up after being kicked in the shins for laughing at women who can't ice skate.
Ask my SO. ;)
I share your pain Jen, I tried iceskating the first time last year and had all these visions of gliding around like a weightless angel. I spent more time on my a** than sitting at this computer. Sigh. Maybe I should try skydiving.

Sahvara
12-11-2002, 01:47 PM
I've tried ice skating before. I had visions of skating around like Michelle Kwan and doing the cool triple axel-lutz combination. Pfft!!! I think not, I got there and all I could do was skate around in a circle. I never fell, but all I could think of was, "This ice is really really slippery. I thought there'd be some friction but there isn't any. What's with this??" I haven't ice skated since. The skates don't fit my flat feet right so they hurt like the dickens. I'd be a waste of money for me to go again. Unless of course some really, really hot guy wanted to...... teach me. Then I'd go. I'm a yuppie... :(

~Sahvara

Rusty*Rusty
12-11-2002, 06:36 PM
Kempy - talk about a Freudian slip - you couldn't ski - all you could do was *ball*? Er, bawl? LOL

Sahvara
12-12-2002, 12:58 AM
This has nothing to do with the challenge... I just wanted to look at Hugh Jackman while I post. :)

Isn't Hugh Jackman a cutie??

http://www.allabouthugh.com/photos/hugh_lying.jpg

http://www.allabouthugh.com/photos/hugh_premiere2.jpg

http://www.allabouthugh.com/photos/mag_gq_stand.jpg

http://www.allabouthugh.com/photos/mag_x2.jpg

http://www.allabouthugh.com/photos/hugh_asian.jpg

http://www.allabouthugh.com/photos/phero7.jpg

http://www.allabouthugh.com/photos/phero6.jpg

And he's definitely sweeter than Miss. Paquin...

http://www.allabouthugh.com/photos/hugh_anna31.jpg

~Sahvara

choci
12-12-2002, 07:30 AM
Um... what's with all the beefcake? :P

Kempyd
12-12-2002, 09:59 AM
I think he looked better as Wolverine. I say him last night in Kate & Leopold, he is to skinny now.

Sahvara
12-12-2002, 12:18 PM
Oh yeah I loooooooooved him as Wolverine. Have the DVD sittin' not 10 feet from me. Got it as a X-Mas X-man gift when it first came out. :D

And a... what's a beefcake?

~Sahvara

wykyd
12-12-2002, 02:42 PM
Posting early as I may not be near a computer this weekend. Here I am , on my plateau. Cycled and free weighted and walked every day this week. Nothing yet, but hopefully a reasonable drop soon. As we all know, its hard to stay motivated to keep exercising when nothing seems to be changing. And its raining, its payday, there's xmas goodies in the house and I feel like curling up in front of the TV with a couple of dvds and a bag of chips.

I must be good
I must be good
I must be good

Gennel
12-12-2002, 02:54 PM
How's everyone doing? Ok Sahvara I seen your babe lol. I loved him as Wolverine also but I like more chunk on my man. I have a few favorites and they all happen to be on the thin side for my taste! Here goes : Arnold Vosloo ( from The Mummy ,he's the bad guy ,the bald one... Billy Zane ( from Titanic, also the bad guy ) Nicholas Cage...usually the bad guy too! lol What is it with me and all these bad guys lol . A few years ago I really liked Keanu Reeves but he is sooooo thin now , so he's out. And If I had to pick a much older man I would go for Sean Connery ,now thats a babe at any age! Did I spell his name right? lol I dont like men that look as thin or thinner than me! I think my husband describes my type lol. Built but not the type that the veins are popping out and walks with legs apart cause the legs are too muscular, yuck. Hairy chest a PLUS, hairy back a yuck lol. Dark hair, Idont like blonde men.I dunno why lol. The only guy I think is very handsome is Matthew McConaughey. Ok enough lol
Ok so this morning T.O.M. decides to give me a visit. Just wonderful,he'll be around for my birthday! UGh!!! Anyway I cant believe I went to the gym. Well I dont know what the **** was wrong but after 30 minutes I wanted to pass out. I couldnt look up or look down cause I felt I was gonna fall. My arms and legs felt super numb and weak. I paused it and started drinking my water and that made me feel weaker, I opened my little purse and grabbed a rasberry candy and started to suck on that. I started the machine again ,I still felt the same but after 5 minutes or so I regained my strength and was fine. The machine was taking my pulse every 2-3 minutes . It said my heartrate was at 70 beats per minute. IF the machine was right then something was wrong with me! I mean after 30 minutes! The second 30 minutes my heartrate went up to 159 which is good aerobic activity. I usually feel weak the first day TOMis here.
well gotta run!
ttyl,Gen

angieME
12-12-2002, 06:52 PM
L.L.Cool J!!! YUMMY! He has big beefy arms.Mark McGrath is pretty hot too.:devil:

Sahvara
12-13-2002, 12:28 AM
Alright, I'm takin' requests!!!

I will just go ahead and find your men at their beefiest and post'em for you Gennel. I'd like to spruce up the place with some hot guys if you don't mind. :) Right now my networks down so I'm typing this up at a cluster. I hate clusters. Anyway, when I get back on, hopefully tomorrow, I'll find your pics and post'em.

My type?

Oh I don't like them skinnier than I am either. Dark hair, light eyes... I like green... the combination is so earthy... anyway around 5'11 or 6'.... No Hair! Yuck.... None on chest and none on back... I'm not too keen on blonds either... but there are a few exceptions to the rule... Oh and this is kinda OT... but I saw a hottie in the Dean's office today... he was waiting to talk to a recorder aka beaurocrat.... When I walked in he beamed a big smile at me. His name is Jordan... but I didn't talk to him. I'm too darn shy... but he definitely had some of that 'butta luv' goin' on. :D Would have liked to talk to him... he seemed pleasent enough. But I have such bad self esteem that I don't think anyone could really like me. Hopefully, I'll get rid of that thought during my time here at 3FC.

I gotta go now. Like I said... I hate clusters... TaTa!

~Sahvara

jen519
12-13-2002, 01:00 AM
My kinda man isn't skinny or muscle bound. Somewhere in between. Sometimes a little beer belly's even O.K. But he has to have facial hair. At least a moustache and a full beard is better. Dark eyes. Mischevious grin.

Jen

choci
12-13-2002, 08:41 AM
Oh, I am just being a curmudgeon about the beefcake -- which refers to the posting of the pinup boys. I'm just not much for celebs and models and looking at pics of them... but if everyone else likes it, then far be it from me to deprive you, I guess! It's just not my thing.

Since everyone's putting their two cents in, I will too: if I *had* to pick a celeb that appeals to me, I'd pick... Vincent D'Onofrio or Donnie Wahlberg (who are both on NBC shows on Sundays!) :) I don't go for conventional good looks so much... I like my men to have "character"! ;) My mom always thought the boyfriends I had when I was younger were "weird-looking"!

Gennel
12-13-2002, 10:42 AM
Tomorrow's weigh in day. I have TOM now so I wont even look at the scale until wednesday a0t least! We are going out tonight to the Olive Garden . I havent been there soooooo long! Ive been seeing their commercials lately and I want to go! Since my birthday is monday ,we will be going out to dinner tonight and celebrating. The last thing I ate from there was their " Tour Of Italy" I dont know if any of you ever ordered that but this is what it includes in one plate! Lasagna,fettucini alfredo and chicken parmesean !!!!!! Everything on this plate is to die for!
The lasagna is the best though. I cant order this now because I wont eat it all and I DONT and WONT bring any leftovers home!! lol So I will just get the lasagna. I know this will have like 20 fatgrams or more! But I'm eating it tonight. I will have to have a snack before going though. I have been there a few times before and every time we had to wait at least 45 minutes for the food to come. Sure the soft warm breadsticks and salad in like 3 minutes!

well I'll catch you folks later !

Gen

Gennel
12-13-2002, 01:11 PM
I've heard of this doll artist but lost her link. She has made replica newborn dolls from infant baby pictures. Her dolls are very expensive. If I had the money I would love to have two replica newborns, one of my 10 yr old and of my 6 yr old . When they took their hospital pictures! Check it out and you will gasp!

http://www.foreverdolls.com/evasphotos.htm

Gen

Sahvara
12-13-2002, 03:25 PM
Just wanted to let you all know I'll be MIA four a month till I come back to school. I don't have the Internet at home... well we do.. but my mom doesn't like me to use it. :( Happy Holidays!! :)

~Sahvara

Dips'n'twists
12-13-2002, 04:19 PM
Wow,

Just as Sahvara goes MIA, I am slowly making my way back to the forum. I missed you guys a lot. It's good to see you all sticking together like this

Okay, so my motivation is taking a rest right now. I just got back into italy after spending quality time with my family and boyfriend. (Gen, I'm totally hating you right now, I miss the florida weather and broward mall)

Anyways, it's hard to push myself into the frigid cold to get to the gym. I hate winter!! I love the holidays but I'll take christmas under the palm trees any day!

Anyways, I am keeping my weight under control. I'm still determined to get into a two piece by summer. I'm just in a slump right now. I'll just be hangin out for the company for now.

Glad to see you are all doing well.

Ciao Ladies

Rusty*Rusty
12-13-2002, 05:33 PM
Hello grrrlz! Just a quick hi and I'll try to pop in early tomorrow after I weigh in and see whassup with you all. I'm JUST about at the halfway point in my 50 pounds goal. Maybe this week - maybe next.

Gennel - Happy Birthday dinner - eat and enjoy and don't even ASK what's in the lasagna, you won't believe it anyway.

I had lunch with Dad today - we went to his very favorite hot dog place an hour away and I had FOUR of their Coney Island dogs - chili onions and mustard. Came home and did the 2 mile tape. Hope that helps a little bit - I wanna have a couple little pita pizza with BB tonite!

Last week we watched Shallow Hal while I munched on my pizzas - didn't slow me down in the least! LOL I can eat thru ANYTHING! Except maybe in front of a mirror - that might work!

Have a happy Friday!

Kina
12-14-2002, 01:51 AM
I'm so sorry I missed your birthday Gennel. I have been so busy with finals. I hope you had a wonderful birthday and if you are anything like me you will enjoy your birthday all week long.

:balloons:So here is your birthday :cb: party:hat: 3FC style calorie-free! :flow2:LOL :hat: :cb:
:hb: Happy Birthday GENNEL! :cb:

:hb: Many hugs and smiles to you Gennel. :balloons:

Corina

papes
12-14-2002, 08:54 AM
Hello
I have been so busy this past week. I have so much work I have to get done. Finals stared last week and won't be over till next week. Work is driving me crazy. I substitute teach, and I keep getting called in for special ed or middle school- I always tell the schools I don't want middle school or special ed but I guess it doesn't matter. In middle school I feel like a drill sergeant, high school kids are easy.
Anyway, I woke up this morning and got on the scale.
(I always heard you are your lightest in the morning.) It said I lost 9 pounds. I knew I have been good since I started my diet 2 weeks ago, but not 9 pounds good. I am doing the atkins diet and only "cheated twice" On my boyfriends birthday I had cheese cake and garlic bread and a cookie and wine. And another night I had popcorn. I don't feel very tempted to eat sweets or breads. Tonight I have to got to my boyfriend's work christmas party. It is at a seafood restaurant, but is going to be buffet style. His boss rented a limo for everyone- the place is an hour away, and he wants us to be able to drink and not worry about driving. So I have a feeling I am going to "cheat" again tonight.
Well I guess I reached my goal, but I want to set up another. By Christmas I want to loose another 3 pounds, and 5 by New Years. Christmas is only 10 days away- I haven't even started shopping or anything!!

grizzlyschick
12-14-2002, 09:16 AM
Gennel- put me down for a 4lb loss for this week. Sorry I forgot to wish you a happy birthday! Hope it was great:D
Papes- 9 lbs! Woo hoo! You go girl!:)
I hope everyone has a great weigh in today. Take care- Di
P.S. With the 4lb loss I am now finally officially half way through the 190's. I haven't been this size since 11th grade. I'm jumping up and down:cb: . 160 here I come!!!

angieME
12-14-2002, 09:27 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GENNEL!!!!

I lost another 2.5 pounds this week for a total of 9 pounds so far for this challenge.YEAH!!! That is with my period being here too. I am very surprised.

My grand total lost is up to 30.5 pounds. 7 more pounds to go and I am at my halfway point.

I hope everyone has an awesome weigh in today.:hb: :gift: :hat:

206.5 Starting
176.0 Current
130.0 Goal

choci
12-14-2002, 09:55 AM
I'm checking in, but first I'd like to say to Papes: that is awesome! And if you are on Atkins, I'd say 9 pounds in 2 weeks is not to be unexpected. It's pretty amazing how much weight you can lose in such little time on that diet, if you can stick with it (I sure couldn't!). Continued success to you -- and Grizzlys and Angie! You guys are amazing!

Now, for my report: I've lost another 2.5 pounds, putting me at 9 for the challenge so far at 286 pounds. Only one pound to go for the challenge *and* my first mini-goal! Argh! I wanna get there! :)

angieME
12-14-2002, 10:00 AM
Congrats Papes,Grizzlyschick and Choci!!!!! You guys are doing AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Gennel
12-14-2002, 02:25 PM
Well! We had plans to go out to eat with everyone lastnight. Almost everyone was here around 6 pm. My husband had to leave his truck at the Girlscout troop leader's house so they can decorate for the parade that's today. So I had to follow him in my car so I could drive him back home and wait for 2 more friends to arrive so we can go and finally eat! Well he got me good this year! As I drive up my friend was parking her car at the same time as me so I was relieved that we would finally leave to the restaurant! I open the door and everyone screams SURPRISE!!!!!!
There were balloons everywhere , a beautiful cake on the table. My mom had cooked for everyone and had the huge pots in her car with the food! They just waited until I left to quickly decorate everything. I was totally suprised. Well I didnt eat the lasagna lol. But we are going to eat at Olive Garden on monday which is my actual birthday. I got my gifts early, lol thats how we are here. My daughter saved her allowance from helping her dad on the weekends. She bought me gold earrings with 3 blue Dec birth stones. My hubby bought me a slim panel CD stereo , that is as thin as a picture frame also. Really cool! And best of all he secretly ordered from Victoria's Secret my perfume Dream Angels Halo and initialed letter G thongs lol and another butterfly pair.My brother also bought me gold earrings. I think the sweetest thing was him not asking me where to buy , I mean he ordered all by himself from VS !!! I Told him he earned major brownie points there lol ..
Thank you everyone who wished me a happy birthday, it truly was a very nice evening. Congrats to all you losers!!!!! Grizzly , you are in the 190's!!!!!!! OMG I knew it would happen soon. I know you have to be on cloud 9 .Papes a whole9 lbs! I wish I could have lasted on that diet but I do love carbs too much. Angie and Choci with your losses too! Angie you are on your way girl. It's only a matter of time. Grizzly I think I got your total loss on this challenge wrong so let me know so I can fix it asap..

Gen..Goal..maintain forever!

Laney1733...Goal 4 lbs

AnigeMe..Goal 8 lbs..Loss 9 lbs

Kina..Goal 8 lbs

Kempyd..Goal 2.5 lbs

Choci..Goal 10 lbs..Loss 9 lbs

Sahvara..Goal 4 lbs

Grizzly..Goal 10 lbs Loss 9 lbs

Jen519..Goal 8 lbs.. Loss 6 lbs

sheila_220..Goal 10 lbs

Papes..Goal 5 lbs loss 9 lbs

Rusty..Goal..8 lbs... Loss 4 lbs

choci
12-14-2002, 02:30 PM
Hi Gennel, a belated happy birthday to you -- sounds like it was a really good one! :) My total loss for the challenge so far is actually 9 pounds, not 5.5 -- not a big deal, but I'm proud of the achievement and maybe I just like to hear myself say it! ;) Thanks so much again for providing incentive in the form of this wonderful challenge.

You are all just sooooo great.

jen519
12-14-2002, 03:08 PM
Hi all.
My losses don't seem to be appearing on the chart, but I still love to get the support here. I lost another 3 pounds this week, so combined with last week, I've lost 6 pounds! Unless I do an about face here, I should make it to my 8 pound goal and maybe even further. Thanks to Gennel for starting this whole thank and thanks to everyone who's here! I let my sister know about this too. She may not choose this thread, but she was really impressed with the 3fc site.
I bought a couple of really "sexy" bras from one of the stores that this site has a link to. They said if anyone purchased from the store when they followed the link, it would help support the web site. I want to do all I can. This site and this thread in particular have made it possible for me to start taking care of myself. Now maybe I'll live to be 90 after all and not be all crippled when I get there. Thanks again to all of you strong and inspiring women!

Jen
238/229!/140

grizzlyschick
12-14-2002, 06:57 PM
:bravo: Hey Jen- WOO HOO! On that 3lb loss! :cb: I'm doing a happy dance for you! I know you'll make that 8lb goal this challenge. You go girl! Take care. Di

Gennel
12-14-2002, 10:55 PM
Sorry for not having all the total losses in the chart ladies! I had to edit like 5 losses . Wow wow wow is all I can say , you people are on a roll here!!!!!!! A lot of very big losses. Everyone should be very proud !
Well I'm super tired now. We went to the Candy Cane Parade tonight, we had our truck decorated with lights and stuff. Threw a lot of candies to the crowd and my girls had tons of fun passing out candy and wishing everyone Happy Holidays this year. I'm gonna drop any second to my bed.

ttfn,
Gen

Gennel
12-15-2002, 11:15 AM
Here I am opening up a mystery gift from my brother. I was scared something would pop out or something lol. Of course the truth of the matter was that I kept opening a smaller box and another smaller box!
http://a1.cpimg.com/image/B7/DC/14942391-65a1-028001E0-.jpg

getting a birthday hug from my brother:

http://a8.cpimg.com/image/B4/DC/14942388-60a8-028001E0-.jpg

my 6 yr old with one of our friends:

http://a9.cpimg.com/image/B5/DC/14942389-ab5e-028001E0-.jpg

let me know if they open or not!

Gen

laney1733
12-15-2002, 11:21 AM
It has been an awsome week here! Both my sister and my best friend had their babies. Beth's (friend) labor started Tues and she called me to the hospital around 2:30 am. Her son was born at 11:20 Wed morning. 10 lbs 8 oz!! A completely natural birth. No meds no cut no tear. It was beautiful. Stacey ( my sister) was then jealous so she did some stuff to bring on labor at home Thursday. We got to the hospital about 3 am Fri morning and she was completely dilated and ready to push. We didn't think the midwife was going to make it! It was beautiful an I now have a niece. 7 lbs 8 oz and also completely natural and drug free. They did so well! So I've pretty much lived at the hospital since Tues night. Which means I've eaten nothing but crap. But I haven't gained either. So I'm down one for the challenge but just maintained this week. I'm ok with that though. I have got to get back into my workout schedule tomorrow am though!!:mad: Happy late Birthday Gen!:dizzy: And congrats to everyone on their losses for the week!!:lol: Gotta go now. We have to go get some things for my new niece! Oh, their names are
Samuel Thomas and Rory Noelle. :D

Kempyd
12-16-2002, 12:42 PM
Ok guys I think I need to change my weight in date for thes challenges. The end is always the day before I start. I know I hold about 5 lbs of water. I think that is why I am so down on myself during these things.

wykyd
12-16-2002, 04:43 PM
I HATE plateaus!!
Why isn't that *&%$#*^!@# scale moving!
Aaaaaaggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

(Sorry, just needed to vent a little.. ahhhh, that's better....)

choci
12-16-2002, 08:40 PM
I know it's easy to say, but... believe me, I had a nasty plateau a couple weeks ago. Just hang in there, keep doing the right stuff, and you WILL see results! :) We're pulling for you!

Rusty*Rusty
12-17-2002, 09:32 AM
Does swearing burn calories? ^$@$^@%&#%@^%$$@#!#$!!

I'm not on a plateau - I'm UP the creek! :) I know my calorie intake has been 1200 or so for the past week and now that I'm walking with the tapes I ought to be the size of Gwyneth Paltrow by now LOL but I'm hanging in there. I saw (briefly) 156 and hit 160 again yesterday. Waah.

Anyone else counting calories at caloriefreak? Keeps me under control thinking that I have X amount of calories left for the day and in the long run you see how a bad day averages out with the good days.

We are eating pretty good - BoxerBob is handling the strict healthy food regimen well. I put half the stew beef into our favorite homemade soup the past few times but I cut it all into much smaller chunks afetr I brown it and he's happy with that. Using the ground turkey has been painless for chili and spaghetti sauce and meatballs. The smaller portions do take some getting used to - when you're used to having a whole pound of pasta for two of us - but I try to add more veggies to the sauce and it's working. We're also adding more fish to our menu - I never really bought fish except for swordfish for the grill rarely. Now we're having haddock and pollock and it's better than I imagined!

Hang in there, Wykyd - it's not a plateau - it's maintainance! LOL

Gennel
12-17-2002, 09:36 AM
Well we went out lastnight to Olive Garden. I wanted to order the "Tour Of Italy ( lasagna,chicken parmesean,fettucini alfredo all on one plate! Thank God I didnt!!!! I ordered the Lasagna Classico . My hubby ordered sangria which was soooooooogood in a big glass filled with pineapple,orange and a cherry.We had the salad and their delicious breadsticks. Now I remember why Iwanted their lasagna! It's the best!!! I tried really hard to eat the whole piece but I COULD not! I was about to explode. I kept looking at it and could not believe I just couldnt eat it all. I used to eat all three things before. Anyway after we finished dinner all the waiters come from behind me all clapping with a chocolate mousse cake! AHHHHHHH ! lol I blew out the candle and had 2 teaspoonfulls cause I couldnt take another bite lol. I brought the cake home in a box and by this morning it was all gone lol. My girls kept taking another slice and another lol.
Until next year for the Olive Garden! lol
Kempy if its better for youto change your weigh in day that is cool.Wykyd, I know exactly how you feel. I can say that and mean it! I remember hitting at least 3 plateaus . The scale will move again. You are still eating the right things and exercising andthats what matters. I know when I was in a plateau I felt helpless and so upset too. But this too shall pass.Ok well I have to go now and look for something warm to wear to the Gym! It's alittle chilly here this morning.

ttyl,Gen

Kempyd
12-17-2002, 12:26 PM
Rusty I have been using fitday instead. It is a little more indepth. You can enter all of your daily activities too. One of the things I really like is it tells you what your Basal rate is. This way you can tell exactly what you do burn off.

Rusty*Rusty
12-17-2002, 01:29 PM
I'll take a look at fitday again, Kempy! I didn't like entering SO many numbers for my foods and I wasn't exercising when I started losing weight.

So what's Basal Rate? LOL

Everyone is such a good influence on me - without you folks I wouldn't even have thought about getting off my butt! :)

Kempyd
12-18-2002, 10:13 AM
Rusty the Basal rate is what cals you burn just to have your body function. If you stayed in bed and did nothing all day this is what you would need to eat to have your system going. I am not certain how acurate it is b/c you really should add body frame into the equation but at least this will give you an idea.

Everybody must be really busy, the posting has slowed down a bit. I hope everyone is doing well!

Dips'n'twists
12-18-2002, 10:15 AM
Counting calories constantly

Wykyd, I feel your pain, but plateus only last a while.

Rusty, it's funny you mention it being har to eat smaller portions. It was for me at first but now I find it hard to eat larg portions when I want to. Eventually your body will get used to it.

My battle is with the cold. I can not deal with this frigid european weather long enough to get to the gym. The sad thing is it's right on post and about a 5 minute drive but i swear I hate I hate I hate the cold! I'm taking a break from the gym for about a week. Then I will battle that nasty cold. for now, it's hot cocoa and marshmellows.

Sahvara
12-18-2002, 11:06 AM
I'm in Cambridge, MA right now.

Just wanted to check in to show you all I'm not dead.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY GEN!!

:^: I'm sorry I missed it.. But I had to drive 6 and a half hours for an internet connection.

Congrats on all of your losses ladies! You are doing wonderfully. I'm touring Mass and am going to Boston today. So I don't have my scale with me. But I am walking a LOT so I'm sure I'll have lost something else by the time I get back home.

~Sahvara

Kempyd
12-18-2002, 11:09 AM
Glad to see your smiling face again Sah! That is one of the good things about vacation. You do alot more walking then usual. I wish I could take a vacation once a month. lol

choci
12-19-2002, 09:50 PM
Hi everyone, I just wanted to check in before I go away for the weekend. We're leaving tomorrow, so I won't be able to do the weigh-in on Saturday. I weighed in at 282 this morning, which put me at a 4 pound loss since last week (13 total for the challenge), but I had not-so-good a day today and I don't think I will even get on the scale tomorrow.

Or maybe ... I will bring the scale with me? *giggle* That'd be too much ... but I just may do it. I may be just that obsessed. ;)

Hope everyone is having a good week, and I will check in on Sunday or Monday morning.

~Amy

Rusty*Rusty
12-20-2002, 08:26 AM
http://pages.map.com/rclark/town.gif

'Tis the Season! I think that the holidays aren't the only villain this time of year - we're also heading for the shortest day of the year. It's dark when we get up and it's dark when we come home from work and we don't get out and get sunshine as often as we should here in the brrrrrrr Northeast. If your pineal gland doesn't get some bright light - your serotonin levels drop and you feel blah, cruddy or depressed.

Comfort food kicks the serotonin in the butt and gets it moving around in your brain and you perk up and see the brighter side of life. Pasta works for a boost - and it's better for you and lower in calories and fat than chocolate - another booster - so head for some starch instead of candy and you'll make it thru without the winter weight. (Imagine living the life of a brown bear - eat, get fat, sleep all winter! Yes!)

If you feel REALLY don't feel like your usual self in the winter - ask your doc about taking an antidepressant during the winter - you might have SAD. It works for me!

Lots of hugs 2 U!

Kina
12-20-2002, 11:31 AM
That is so true. I never thought I had some sort of imbalance. But I do tend to go crazy when I am stuck inside the house because the weather. So I either find something to do inside or make it a point to get out of the house for whatever.

Amy~~~have a great weekend. You did so great on this challenge. Continue your efforts you will get to your goal before you know it!

Sahvara~~~congratulations on another semester behind you. Enjoy the break.

Gennel~~~what a treat to go out to Olive Garden and just enjoy. DH wants to go to On The Border for this birthday this weekend. I am already dreading it.

Wykyd~~~PLATEAUS...I have been on one for a LONG while now. I can't seem to get off of it. But I am determined to do something about it. The semester is over and I am on a break from work...which means I have time on my hands and no excuses. We can do it. Water and good food choices are on my agenda for the next couple of weeks.

Laney~~~Haven't heard from you in a while.

:bb: Congratulations on the new arrivals! :bb: Babies are the greatest joy.

Well the office party went well at work. I only had a couple of cookies and punch. The only reason I had them was becuase there wasn't any other food choices. But today starts a new day and I plan to see 190 by the end of this year. I plan to set up a schedule and stick to it. I just need a little help on the planning. Di maybe you can help me in this area. I know you do this one day and that on the opposite day. But I need to write it down and hopefully I will be able to incorporate it into my workout here at the house. :^:

OKay I am out of here. I will check back later.
bye. corina

wykyd
12-20-2002, 03:30 PM
Forget plateaus...T.O.M so I have gained two pounds! Grrrrrr!
On a much happier note I want to thank you all for the support and encouragement on this thread and wish you all a very happy Christmas and New Year. Have a wonderful holiday wherever you are.

Rachel

jen519
12-20-2002, 10:27 PM
Hello ladies.
I believe I said something in my last post (nearly a week ago!) like "unless I do a complete about face..." No sooner written than done. Haven't worked out. Been eating everything in sight. Mexican food, pizza 3 times. If I haven't gained any weight by tomorrow A.M. it will be a miracle. Not to worry, though, I'm ready to get back on track. I wonder if I didn't post because I was doing poorly or doing poorly because I didn't post. Whatever the reason I'm back after a week of pure debauchery.

Jen
238/229(?)/140

Kina
12-21-2002, 03:16 AM
Come on Jen don't beat yourself black and blue...learn from it and continue forward. I have been egging myself because I can't seem to get the scale going. Trying to find all the reasonable excuses other than myself but I figure "No more excuses; look forward and continue on!" I think it is working although I can't say that the scale has moved at all. O well I didn't say it was a sound-proff plan...LOL. Anyway I went to the library and checked out some books about eating and I am hoping that it will help me to understand myself a little better. I don't know but at this point I am going to give it a try. Di gave me some pointers about my exercising and I am going to try and incorporate some of them into my schedule. I know I won't be able to maintain as much once school and work start back up but I am going to focus on today and worry about tomorrow when it is in full view...I can't do anything about weeks from now so I shouldn't make excuses for them either. Did I just give myself a pep talk? OMG I think it's late for me. That should be a lesson to me...don't get on the forums past midnight...LOL.

Off to bed...good night.
Corina

angieME
12-21-2002, 08:50 AM
Hello everyone. My weigh in is 1 more pound gone for a total of 10 pounds gone for this challenge. I made caramel popcorn last night and I ate quite a bit of it so I am surprised there is any loss. LOL

I hope you all have a great weigh in.

265.5 Highest ever
206.5 Starting
175.0 Current
130.0 Goal:^:

Rusty*Rusty
12-21-2002, 09:16 AM
SERENITY NOW!! Sorry, old joke. I'm stuck on my mid-month ovulation plateau. We grrrrlz don't have just one TOM - we have two - fourteen days apart. I can look at my daily weight loss graph over the past three months and see where both spikes/plateaus are each month. If I check my calorie intake graphs my food intake is stable - so I think we are victims of hormones more than we realize.

So no loss but no gain this week. I can live with that.

I'm down halfway to my goal - almost twenty-five pounds and I'm seeing it in my face. I forgot I have cheekbones. LOL I'm losing some of my *front porch* too. I might wind up with just a couple front steps when I'm done! LOL