30-Somethings - Week of November 24, 2002

View Full Version : Week of November 24, 2002

LBH
11-24-2002, 03:11 PM
Hi All,

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to the new server! Hope everyone makes it here OK!

It's a lazy Sunday around here, I have to shower and go get thank you notes today!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

KarenK
11-24-2002, 07:32 PM
Hi all!! Whew, what a day. We played 9 holes of par 3 golf (most of which required 5 or more strokes for me!!) with a friend, then we all went shopping. On our way home DH decided he wanted to hit one more mall hoping to finish up the list!! I am exhausted. I had to lean against the wall to take a shower. :D

Yesterday I bought my first maternity tops. I needed something to wear to MIL for Tday. Motherhood did have good prices. I got three t-shirts and this nice dressy blouse, some drawers and a nursing bra for $97.00. I wasn't planning on spending quite that much, but hopefully I won't need much more than that. I really need pants but I didn't like anything there. Maybe I will go to Sears and just buy bigger sizes in stretchy pants. Is there any reason to have to buy maternity ones?

Lauren: Hope you had a nice time writing Thank yous!!

Hope everyone is having a super great weekend.

LBH
11-24-2002, 08:49 PM
Hey Karen- I said the same thing the first time I came out of Motherhood!! Then I ended up back there not that long ago to get some more stuff. No, there's no reason you can't just wear stretch pants, but eventually, if you seem to only be gaining in your stomach, like me, you'll need actual maternity pants. I still have a couple pairs of sweats and some pull on pants that fit, but my leggings are kind of uncomfortable now, they cut too much. I also just started wearing the maternity undies. God bless you that you can still walk that much!! I went to the mall today, after I bought the thank yous, and I have to stop every 10-15 min. to sit down and rest my lower back. :( DH did the hand held massager on my tail bone when I came home. That felt really good. We decided we will probably need to bring that to the hospital.

RoadRunner
11-24-2002, 09:30 PM
HEllo all!!! THe most wonderful thing happened yesterday!!! I bought some wine for a Christmas gift and got carded!!! Yeah!!!Almost 40y/o and 36weeks pg and she needed an ID!!!!!!!

Ok--I am brave..If u would like to witness a big round stomach...it is posted at www.growthspurts.com Then go to "locate a child" type in Kaylee and she is the only Kaylee Victoria dated 12/13/02(guessing her due date!!!!) I had my appointment...All is well..We are doing a biophysical profile(1 hr sonagram) which will determine her size, my pelvic size and will allow us to plan an induction or a c-section...soo after Dec 6th, I should have a birth plan established...I am looking forward to MIL comming Dec 4th to help with step kids to allow me and DH time to get to the hospital without looking for babysitters in the night!!!I have to say, being pg mostly in the summer was cheap!!!! :smug: Shorts and big T-shirts..No parties or dresses to plan for!!!!Motherhoods prices are nice!!!!

Ok..enough maternity!!!!! :) Have a great Thankgiving week!!!!
RR

KarenK
11-24-2002, 10:22 PM
Hello again.... Just surfing around tonight.

Lauren: Well, I am only 17 wks!! Don't think I didn't sit down every opportunity I got. It wasn't too bad during the golf, but the mall was torture. I came home and took a shower to let the water hit on my back. It helped some. Then I crashed on the couch for about an hour. I like to lay on my stomach and still can on the couch and it really helps the back. I have a feeling I won't be able to do it much longer. :(. I don't know how I'll help the back then.

RR: Those pictures are WONDERFUL!!! An hour long sonogram? I haven't heard about that one yet.

I got DH a book tonight called "So you are going to be a Dad". I started reading it to him and it's really a good book. Especially since we are in the Not Expecting This!! category!!

OK, enough chatter!!! I think I'm on a surgar high.........dinner was cream of wheat and 2 glasses of juice!!

RoadRunner
11-25-2002, 07:26 AM
Good Morning!!!!Hmmmm...is this the 30-Something Pg board????Where is everyone!!!! Well, I am up..get to go to work at 7:30-5 like a normal person now!!!!Just today..but anything helps when it is more sit down!!!! I am trying to concentrate on limited servings and no desserts on Thursday...We have a Thanksgiving feast at work today soo I am in for a challenge!!!
Good luck to everyone!!!!
RR

LBH
11-25-2002, 11:26 AM
Hi All,

RR- LOL, congrats on being carded!! I can't view the page?! I click the link, then click on Locate a Child, then type in Kaylee for Child ID, and hit enter, or click View. It just brings me to a blank page, and says Done down on the bottom. :( I tried Kaylee Victoria. Is there a password??

Karen- I start out on my side, but almost every night I wake up on my stomach! It's starting to get uncomfortable now, the past couple weeks, so you never know, you may last awhile yet! I was looking at that book in the bookstore yesterday, but they were closing so I couldn't buy anything.

Where is everyone?! Have a great day all!!

Rabbit
11-25-2002, 03:06 PM
HI all! I am back.:wave:

Gosh is it good to be home! My sister is doing well. It is crazy here, but I'm sure I'll get caught up eventually.

I came home to a mess from my painter though. I took one look at my ceilings and burst into tears. She did a horrible awful job. It will all have to be redone. She is not returning our calls and when I finally did get ahold of her she pretended to be her sister! Lots of integrity there, huh? She totally took advantage of me and ripped me off. I trusted her and this really hurt. Well, enough about that!:p

Hope everyone is doing well here. I don't think I'll have time to read all the things I missed, so I'll just pick up from here.

I'm thinking of rejoining WW next week. I haven't been in so long.

gotta run.

Rabbit :df:

LBH
11-25-2002, 03:11 PM
Hi Rabbit, good to see you back! So glad to hear your sister is doing well!! Sorry to hear about the painter...what a loser. How did you find her to begin with, was it a personal recommendation? Maybe you could talk to that person and eventually get your money back or something? I wouldn't want her to redo it or anything. I would threaten to take her to small claims court, if you can get her on the phone. That might scare her into refunding your money.

Anyway, glad to have you back!

KarenK
11-25-2002, 04:50 PM
Hi all!! Having a yucky stomach day today. I had leftover General Tso's for lunch. I didn't want it when it came on Sat, so I took it today. I should've listened to the instinct from Sat. It has killed me all afternoon. Ugh. There's one good thing that being pg has done for me. I'm no longer interested in afternoon snacks and I've seriously cut down on how much I eat. Thank goodness for small favors. Now if I could just wean myself from juice to plain water I would be doing better...................... Maybe I will get through this pg without gaining too much weight.

Lauren: I really like the dad book. I hope DH will finish reading it. He says he will. We'll see.

RR: I don't know how you do it on a regular basis. I think it should be illegal to have to get out of bed before the sun is up. I hate driving to work in the dark, but I love getting home early!!

Rabbit: I'm so glad that your sister is better and that you are back with us. Yucks on the painter though!! Some people have no ethics about them. Take out an ad in the local paper with pictures of her work. That way other people will know what they are getting into. Hmmm, after reading over that, maybe the pg hormones are a little out of whack right now!! I'm sounding a little vicious!! (Still sounds good to me though!)

Have a super great evening.

Juldiet
11-26-2002, 09:50 AM
A quick hello and goodbye.
Rabbit: That sounds like something that would happen to me. I'm sorry about the paint job - tell everyone!!

RR: by the time I get back, you may have your little one here!!

Take care everyone, see you around the 10th of Dec. We're headed out tonight for my moms to drop the boys off and then driving to Cincinnati (set up for the show is Thanksgiving Day) after Cincinnati we'll go to Columbus. We'll have a few days off between shows to just kick around OH. They boys are so excited that they'll be at grandma's for that long.

Bye and Happy Tday! (we'll be having dinner in the hotel bar that day) - jul

LBH
11-26-2002, 10:21 AM
Have a great thanksgiving Jul!!

lizzard_h
11-26-2002, 02:23 PM
Hi all!! :wave:
I'm here lurking but having a hard time with the posting. I'm still exercising in the morning but not doing so well with the eating. Oh well. A few more weeks and I will be 110% motivated and the weight will just start coming off again. :)

Jul, good luck with your shows. Make the best of the holiday. Just think -- no cooking, cleaning or family stress for you.

KK, sorry about the lunch not agreeing. I hope you're feeling better now.

Rabbit, :cp: about your sis doing better. :( about the painter. That's terrible and you were so looking forward to everything being done. I hope you can get it fixed soon.

RR, I hope you managed well on your luncheon choices. I'm trying to save up so I can :ink: out on thanksgiving. BTW, you look beautiful in your pics!!

LBH, I'm here enjoying reading about you mommies. So what's the due dates for the three of you guys again?? I can't keep everyone straight since so many people are having babies these days.

Since I probably won't post again until after the holidays -- Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!! Enjoy yourself and your time with your friends and family. We have so much to be thankful for!

Rabbit
11-26-2002, 03:17 PM
hello.

I've been making fudge, peanut butter fudge and next comes fudgy mint brownies to take to Thanksgiving. :p

It's great to have ds home this week! I even got him to watch a Christmas movie with me. :)

Lauren - No I sure don't ever want her back in my house again. I've got to find someone new to fix it. I found her ad in the paper and then interviewed her and called her references. Maybe I ought to call those people back and tell them what she did to me?? - I'm taking pictures and we are sending her a regisitered letter asking for our money back. And we're turning her into the Better Business Bureau. And you're right, there's always the threat of small claims court. (too bad ds is not through law school yet!!)

Karen - my sister said the same thing about putting pictures in the paper!

Jul - I probably missed you but have a great trip and happy Thanksgiving.:)

Liz - I was so looking forward to it, I think that's why it hit me so hard.

We are leaving tomorrow afternoon until Friday to visit dh's family. So I'll check in when I can.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! :grouphug:

Rabbit

LBH
11-26-2002, 04:34 PM
OK, I'm getting really frustrated that I can't view Vicki's pics!! Someone please tell me what to do!! I click on the link in Vicki's post, then I click Locate a Child, then I type in Kaylee and click View, or hit enter (I've tried both ways!!) It goes to a blank page and says done down on the lower left corner of the IE screen. What am I doing wrong?!

Rabbit- Stay away from that fudge!! I don't know how you can stand having it around!! Glad you're reporting her and calling her refs back. Have a great T-day!

Liz- Good to see you! Hope your motivation comes back soon. I'm due 1/17/03... that's 7w2d away!! :yikes: Have a great T-day!!

I have an appt. with my midwife tonight after work...hopefully I can convince her the gain is because my appts. are usually in the AM, and this is PM!! :lol: :rolleyes:

Rabbit
11-26-2002, 05:31 PM
hi.

Rabbit
11-26-2002, 05:33 PM
Lauren - you have a good memory! So far so good on the fudge. I've had some, but have not overdone it. I'm trying to picture all that butter in my mind - yuck! Plus I hate peanut butter - if that is a hit, I'll make it more than the other kind to save myself. ~ I'm planning to cool it on the holiday baking this year - I gained bad last year at the holidays. Thanks for the concern.:) And have a great Thanksgiving.

Rabbit

ps - I've got to check out Vicky's picture!

KarenK
11-26-2002, 05:43 PM
Hi all. Had a pretty good day today. Yipee. Not so good on eating. I just hope that I stay in the no weight gained category when I go back to the doctor next time.

Liz: I have a long way to go, I am due 5/1/03. Good luck on getting your motivation back and good luck on Thanksgiving.

Rabbit: Good luck with your painter lady. I sure hope everything works out OK. Fudge? OMG, I would be so out of control. I have been thinking about making the marshmallow cream fudge for the past two weeks. I won't do it because I am afraid I will eat it all!!

Jul: I know I probably missed you but I hope you have a good Holiday!! and super good luck at the shows!!

Gotta go to the MIL's to visit with out of town visitors. Hope you all have a great evening!!

Rabbit
11-26-2002, 05:53 PM
Lauren - I went to Vicky's page, clicked at the top on Locate a Child. Then there are 2 boxes that show up, one that says VIEW at the top and one that says - I think- SEARCH. I did the bottom one, so I didn't enter anything where it says Child ID. At the bottom box where it says Enter a Child's First or Last Name, I entered Kaylee and a whole bunch of Kaylee's come up. Hers is the last one. Are you not getting both boxes?

Rabbit

Rabbit
11-26-2002, 05:55 PM
Oh, and Vicky - GREAT PICS!!

Rabbit

RoadRunner
11-26-2002, 07:34 PM
Lauren--put the name kaylee in the one without the password and hit search..She is still the last Kaylee and the only Victoria!!!

Jul--Have a safe trip!!!
Well off to bathe and rest..Having Pressure and pain in the "lower area" and cant wait to put my feet up!!!!
RR

LBH
11-26-2002, 08:55 PM
Hi All,

Whew...I can finally chill out, I got into the pics!! :lol:

Rabbit- Thanks for the instruction...I didn't scroll down to the search box...don't even know if it was there at work!! That's right, I almost forgot you hate PB...hehehe, definitely make the PB fudge!!

RR- Great pics...I'm soo jealous of how good you look!! You're soo beautiful!!

Oh Karen- I almost forgot, I was asking my MW if there was anyway she could put me on STD early, like a couple weeks before my EDD, and she said I get 4wks. before in NJ. I explained my insurance, and she said if you pay into State Disability, you're entitled to 4 wks. before!! :eek: So now I've got to look at my pay stubs...something I don't normally do...and see. She said if I have private (company provided) disability, then there's nothing she can do. :( So there's something for you to look into.

My midwife appointment went really good. I'm soo glad I went with her, she's soo laid back and nice, and easy to talk to! She did a quickie U/S to check for position, because the evil Dr. didn't mark down what position he was in last time! Dumba$$... So I got another little peak at him! He's head down, and she said he's right in my pelvis so it's unlikely that he's gonna flip at this point. Yeah!! She can't get an accurate measurement on me with the measuring tape, due to the "extra padding" (She's soo delicate when she says that!) so that's the other reason for the scan. Told her don't worry, I'll never turn down an U/S! :lol: According to the tape, I'm measuring 36 wks...and I'll only be 33 wks. on Turkey Day.

Speaking of which, can you believe my DH called our son a turkey?! :lol: He said something about the 3lb.10oz. turkey I've got in there!! I told him I'm gonna make sure Peter knows his daddy called him a turkey!! :p

Have a great evening all!

LBH
11-27-2002, 11:03 PM
Hi All,

Guess everyone's busy with T-Day preparations or away. I've got my broccoli in the microwave defrosting. Think I'm gonna make it all in the microwave this year, then just bring it down to my aunts and put the crackers on at the last minute in the oven for a few to crisp.

I'm hanging out on the computer here because Petey is his most active when I'm here for some reason!! :lol: I think it's the chair and the way I'm kind of slumped back. :lol:

Anyway, have a great, thankful Thanksgiving Day everyone!!

RoadRunner
11-28-2002, 09:13 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KarenK
11-28-2002, 09:55 AM
Hi all!! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Last night we found out that my car needed $1500 worth of work. YIKES!! Like I needed that on top of everything else. DH decided we were going to go out and get a new one, so we did!! He had been after me ever since I found out I was pregnant to get another one. I had a new style Cougar and the backseats were bucket seats and very hard to get in and out of. He thought it would be bad with the baby. Well, I now have a Hyundai Sonata. I fought the Hyundai idea because, I mean, it was a HYUNDAI of all things. But the car is really nice and the price was great, so, that's what I got!! At least it has four doors and a HUGE trunk so toting the baby stuff around should be easier. One thing I thought was so cool.........there's an emergency release inside the trunk so you can't be locked in. Too cool, hmm!!

OK, don't eat too much Turkey!!

LBH
11-28-2002, 10:34 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!

Karen- I look forward to stuffing myself at Thanksgiving dinner every year...except for those two years I was really good on WW...but this year will be interesting. I am lucky I can get one cup of pasta down, never mind a whole turkey dinner!! :lol: I will probably take a small serving spoonful of each thing and one small piece of turkey and be stuffed!! But that's OK, that just means more leftovers and I can have it everyday for a week! :D

Congrats on the new car!! I would've been skeptical just like you, but you know what, if you think about, I still see quite a few of the older Hyundais on the road, so they can't be that bad, right? I soo hate my car, but DH and I agreed that a house is more important, so we need to climb out of debt and concentrate on keeping good credit for the next two years so we can buy a house.

Have a great day all...Gobble, gobble!! :D

RoadRunner
11-29-2002, 08:33 AM
Good Morning!!!Working a 10hr shift today and missing those sales!!! What a difference being 37 weeks pg and tiredness can make when U have a choice between fighting peoplefor bargains and working!!! Well, Thanksgiving was successful..Kept the sugar below 100!!!!!No Chocolate cake, no pies, no fudge etc..The only thing that was a pain was the carbs..I had to bypass the noodles and cheese, to get the dressing, and then no sweet potatoes to have the broccali/rice casserole... IT worked cuz the sugar was 81 after dinner!!!!!

Karen-My brother bought the Hyndai SUV thingee and loves it...It has taken them everywhere without problems and with the room to carry playpen, baby stroller etc etc..U will love the 4 doors and your back will thank U!!!!!!

Have a great Friday all!!!!
RR

LBH
11-29-2002, 09:15 AM
Hi All,

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We had a nice time at my Aunt's house. My niece and nephew managed to NOT maul my DH like they usually do. :lol: I didn't/couldn't stuff myself, has about a 1/2 c. each of mashies, stuffing, and broccoli casserole. A couple slices of turkey and some homemade applesauce. Had a piece of pumpkin pie for dessert a couple hours later, with a half a cup of coffee and that was about it! Of course by the time DH and I got home we were both hungry so I had a piece of left over ham steak and some pasta accent. I made two casseroles of the broccoli, and we didn't even touch the second one, so that came home with us. I think I will transfer some of it to a container for my grandparents because they love it.

We're gonna try and hit BRU sometime this weekend and get some baby stuff that I didn't get at the shower. My SIL commented that I didn't get any towels and stuff like that, and that she'd get some for Peter for Christmas. I want to go and get the carrier that I registered for, because I'm afraid I'm not gonna be able to get it. It's the Evenflo Out and About and it seems to never be "available". :( Still have to pick out bedding too.

RR- I can't see me working 10 hrs. without going insane first! I mean, if I wasn't PG, and it was a fast paced job, OK, but not PG, and not sitting at a desk! Are you still completely on desk work, or do you do any pt. care?

Have a great day all!!

KarenK
11-29-2002, 05:28 PM
Hi all. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I thought I did pretty well not overeating but Peanut decided I had had too much. :)

The car has been pretty nice. I drove 6 of us to lunch and I could have never done that before. It rides *so* much smoother than the cougar did.

So where is eveyone lately? I hope the rest of you guys are out having lots of fun.

Lauren and RR: It's like the preggos are stuck at home and the others are out playing!! :D

Happy Hannukah to all of those who celebrate. Have a happy evening.

RoadRunner
11-29-2002, 10:15 PM
Lauren-my patient care is limited....I do direct care from 5am until 8am and then 8-2 at a desk..It is still getting up drawing blood, and getting EKG's and bringing pts to x -ray but a lot of sitting...TOday I did the 10hrs in the office!!! Dh surprised me and came to the office and moved my car to the door since I was getting off after dark!! Poor man..had the house to himself and he was crazy!!!

Karen-the Preggos must be at home!!!!:D :lol:

Everyone have fun this weekend!!!!
RR

LBH
11-30-2002, 08:16 AM
Hi All,

I got smart (I think) today and stayed up when I woke up at 6:30 or so to pee! I went back to bed, but wasn't falling back to sleep, so I stayed up! Had my OJ and my coffee's brewing. I'll probably crash this afternoon sometime, but that's OK, it's Saturday! I love these long weekends. Thursday and Friday I thought it was Sunday, took me all day to figure out why my thermostat said 58, until it hit me that it was Friday, and on weekdays it goes down to 58 at 8 am. At 5 pm, it comes back up to 70, and overnight we do 66-68, can't remember which. LOL, so I had to turn it up a bit!! :)

DH & I emptied everything out of the baby's room yesterday AM, and he painted the room. All I can say is, I hope Petey's comfy in his bassinet for a few months, because I can't even imagine how the crib is gonna fit in his room! Right now we have the cradle, glider/ottoman, and changing table in there. Plus the pantry (a two door upright cabinet, and 2 rolling plastic 3-drawer carts for a closet/dresser for his stuff. DH has the closet that's in the room. That's it! All the wall space is used and we can't close the bedroom door with the ottoman in there! :( DH gets mad at me everytime I whine about how I hate this place. ("Whine to yourself"...now there's communication :rolleyes:) I know he's frustrated too, and I'm sure he doesn't need to hear me whine about it too. He said something like, why don't I just go out and get a big executive job and make lots of money, and buy a big house for you, and you can be happy. Drooling with sarcasm, of course. I hate when he does that, but I have to try not to whine about it everytime something upsets me about this place.

Anyway, I took all the tags off Petey's clothes yesterday, and separated them pretty much light/dark and I think I'll wash them today. I am almost done with my thank you notes from the shower and other gifts people have given me (ie: landlord, etc).

My friend is up from MD, so hopefully she can get over to see what we've done with his room. Have to hit the in-laws later after lunch too.

Have a great day all!