Old 01-13-2011, 02:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

Default count calories in supplements??

Do y'all count the calories in supplements such as calcium chews and vitamin c chews??
southernbelle102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:47 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

My supps are virtually no calorie, 1 a day tablets, I don't count them. If they were up to 50 calories and only 1 a day, I wouldn't.
I think it depends how many calories and how often you chew them. Something could be only 10 calories but if you eat 10 of them, that's 100, and that's worth counting.

(I'm not familiar with calcium/vit c chews, so I don't know if they're 1 a day supplements or candies that just happen to have good calcium/vit c content that you can eat more of.)
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

The calcium ones have like 20 calories and the Vitamin C ones are like 25 I think. I only eat one of the calcium and one or 2 of the Cs....I count everything but started to think that counting those could be a little obsessive...
southernbelle102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

I think it's a consistency thing. If you start off counting them, keep doing it. If you start off not counting, keep doing that.

For example, I count almost everything, but I've never counted the sprays of Pam I use in cooking. I'm sure there is a calorie count, but I've never worried about it because it's something I use every day. As my weight loss has progressed, I've had to lower my calories a bit, but the Pam is still a "free" food because I use the same amount I've always used.

I think you're good not to count them, since you know that your use of them will be consistent over your weight loss.
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote