Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #1  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Default I am back.. again. Really need to stay!

So I am back.. its been a long long time. I have totally destroyed my past weight loss. I have been trying to hard to get back in the right mind frame. Its just been really difficult for me to do.

I am one of those people, that if my heart isn't in it.. I just can't do it. Yes I know weight loss is for your health, but to me "diet" is just giving up something I find comfort in.

I know there are people here that can understand that. I don't smoke, drink, take drugs.. I eat.

My DH is very supportive, so I am blessed to have that. He wants us both to be more healthy. And in November I had an early miscarriage. I don't know if my weight had something to do with it, but I can't help but feel that way.

We want to have a baby, so this is my motivation to get my butt in gear. I need a lifestyle change. I want to raise a child knowing how to be healthy. But I can't do that if I keep doing what I am doing.

I have high cholesterol too. Also I haven't been able to exercise because of a knee injury. So I have to figure out SOMETHING else to do to be physical.

This turned out to be long... so if you read the whole thing thank you!

I hope this time to stay!
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:12 AM   #2  

Welcome back. We're glad your here.
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:25 AM   #3  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

I can relate. I have belonged here since 07 and have NEVER made it to my first goal (190!). How sad is that? But I'm learning all the time.
I also understand about the miscarriage, I had one last July. It was hard, and I also feel at times my weight was part of the reason it happened. Good luck and welcome back!
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:57 AM   #4  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back and good luck!

In a way, I understand your situation. Over the past few years I've joined and participated and various weight loss/health communities and challenges. Each time I've found that exercising is pretty easy but that I can't give up my boredom eating. I justify myself by saying that it can be my guilty pleasure since I challenge and restrict myself in other ways (especially educationally). I'm beginning to realize that that way of thinking is clearly not working for me and I'm jumping back on the ship to try again with a healthier attitude towards myself and the amount of time this journey is going to take.
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 161/143/120

Height: 5'1.5"

Aw, I completely get the heart not being in it thing. Somedays, I look at my reasons for losing weight, and I look at a cookie and I just want the cookie more, no matter how awesome my reasons for losing weight.

Someone gave me a quote that I thought was pretty fantastic, even though I can't remember who said it or who referred me to it:

The best time to plant a shade tree?
Twenty years ago.
The second best time?
Today.

Best of luck to you!
shadetree20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back! Good luck on your journey, getting healthy for your future children is a great reason to have.

shadetree - That's a great quote!

Last edited by sept15lija; 01-13-2011 at 01:15 PM.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #7  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Hi and welcome back! I'm so sorry about your miscarriage
I hope you have a happy new year that is filled with joy this year
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #8  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Thank you so much ladies! Today has been so far so good.

I am not going to start counting calories yet. Just start with making good choices. If I jump in head first with everything it may just end up backfiring.

So many people here that can relate. Coming back was a good idea
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote