100 lb. Club - The "Girls" seem to be restless

View Full Version : The "Girls" seem to be restless

CanadianCutie
01-12-2011, 03:01 PM
My bra seems tighter, my fiance has made comments twice in regards to them in the last few days. He said they looked bulbous (this was without a bra, while I was laying on my stomach), and that they looked very melon like (while wearing a sports bra), this makes me think that it's not just me.
My sense of smell is also insanely sensitive. Again in the last few days this has happened. He opened a tin container of jelly beans and I had to cover my nose they smelled so sweet, he was about 3 feet away from me. I also really notice the smell of his pepsi both on his breath and when he opens a can. And last night I he washed his hands after using the bathroom and all I could smell was the soap. There's other examples but these are the most glaring.
My first thought possible pregnancy, but surely I wouldn't be feeling symptoms 3 or 4 days after ovulation (this is just a guess based on my previous cycles, I don't chart temperatures or use the ovulation kits). I know I won't be able to test with any accuracy (don't want to waste money testing early) until the 20th.
Also have been bloated like crazy. Any input anyone has would be great, share your experiences, etc.

seagirl
01-12-2011, 03:03 PM
sounds like pregnancy. or some other kind of hormone issue.

Shannon in ATL
01-12-2011, 03:06 PM
I was about to ask if you were pregnant as well.

lazylioness
01-12-2011, 03:07 PM
as a mother of 3..sounds like preggers

bargoo
01-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Sounds like pregnancy to me , too.

eclipse
01-12-2011, 03:16 PM
With my first pregnancy, the boobs were the first sign - weeks before I got a positive pregnancy test. I thought I was starting my period way early and it was PMS, but it was pregnancy.

CanadianCutie
01-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Eeek. I don't know how to feel about this. I guess it's just best to wait until I can test, try not to stress, and eat well. Thanks for your input ladies.

OhMyDogs
01-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Oh TOTALLY sounds like pregnancy to me, and when you're expected to ovulate, and when you do ovulate can be totally different!!

sept15lija
01-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Sounds like pregnancy to me too!! Keep us posted!

gottadoit2010
01-12-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm with the crowd here. Let us know!

Lnoelparis
01-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Swollen boobs? Nausea and sensitive to smells? Our body can change a lot in a month...and so let's say that even if you were like clock work with your period and ovulation. It doesn't mean that your pregnancy couldn't have occurred last month!

Edited to add: You can have your period, be on b/c and still be pregnant. Nothing is 100% effective! :)
I had an IUD, had my period on time like clockwork AND was 4 months pregnant with my last when I found out. This was 2 years after my IUD was in place! Put that in your pipe and smoke it! :eek:

Track your period and try to remember dates you were intimate. After that you could do a few things:
1) Go to the dollar store and buy a pregnancy test
2) Go to a normal store and buy a pregnancy test
3) Go to a free pregnancy testing clinic
4) call your Dr. and ask for an appt for a blood test

You still may get a negative, but if the symptoms persist and you still feel "not right" definitely see your Dr.

Mother of five here... :)
Good luck and hugs. Hope everything turns out how you need it to be!:hug:
Leah

Coondocks
01-12-2011, 04:55 PM
sounds like pregnancy to me . . . I noticed both those things when I woke up one morning feeling 'not the same'.
It can happen quickly, I got pregnant on the 25th of May (yes, I actually know that - ironically my sons father said THAT day 'i think we just made a baby' and I laughed at him . . . sorry if thats a TMI)
I felt 'not the same' on the 16th of June, happy birthday to my mother, I found out she was going to have a grandbaby that day :)

Sandi
01-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Some of those tests can detect pretty early now. Go buy a test!!!

:corn: Can you smell the popcorn?

cherrypie
01-12-2011, 05:01 PM
I've had symptoms like that and not been pregnant. So just relax and wait a bit.

might not want to go on any booze benders for the next couple weeks though

GradPhase
01-12-2011, 05:11 PM
I had an IUD, had my period on time like clockwork AND was 4 months pregnant with my last when I found out. This was 2 years after my IUD was in place! Put that in your pipe and smoke it! :eek:

ZOINKS :eek: Which IUD did you have???

OP; I agree. Sounds like a prego eggo..

I had IDENTICAL symptoms, plus HUGE nipples and needing a L.O.T of sleep one cycle a few years back - ended up getting my period, but it was super, super heavy. Could have just been an insanely hard-hormoned period since I'd been losing weight and stuff, but if you ask me it was a very early miscarriage.

Best of luck to you and yours - hope you let us know what you find out!

CanadianCutie
01-12-2011, 05:25 PM
I only drink like once or twice a year, so no alcohol is not a big deal to me. Next time I'm out I'll pick up a test or two. Incidentally got another boob related comment from my sweetie today. He said something about me spilling out of my bra (a different one than I was wearing yesterday). I think when I go out to get the tests I may have to get a d cup bra, since the one I'm spilling out of is a c).
Yes of course I'll let you all know.

Lnoelparis
01-12-2011, 05:31 PM
ZOINKS :eek: Which IUD did you have???

I had the copper IUD, because I was sick of the hormones, but yeah, what a doll my "oopsie baby" is! Persistent little princess!

I had IDENTICAL symptoms, plus HUGE nipples and needing a L.O.T of sleep one cycle a few years back - ended up getting my period, but it was super, super heavy. Could have just been an insanely hard-hormoned period since I'd been losing weight and stuff, but if you ask me it was a very early miscarriage.

OMG! I had experienced that one cycle (years before my IUD) too! I just knew I was pregnant, because of the need to sleep 24/7 and the smells! Even though it ended with a really super heavy period, I KNOW what it was! Strangely enough, without the result of a positive pregnancy stick to obsess over, I wasn't as devastated as the time when I did take the test and it ended badly.

Best of luck to you and yours - hope you let us know what you find out!
I second that! :goodluck:

pnkrckpixikat
01-12-2011, 05:37 PM
id say preggers too, my best friend started having similar symptoms less then 2 weeks into her last pregnancy so you may have ovulated a little early or your last 'period' may have been the spotting that can happen during preygnanc

lazylioness
01-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Edited to add: You can have your period, be on b/c and still be pregnant. Nothing is 100% effective! :)

Yeah LOL my second arrived with two forms of BC being used. I had no idea I was preggers till well after the new year and she was born in July.....sooooo. Yeah. HAHA

My mom used to say that there was only one thing that was 100% effective and even that did not work once. LOL......and yeah, you get the point

ScarlettDrawl
01-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Mom to 2 here (not BC babies though), echoes the crowd. Pregnancy seems to be in the air around here. I'm trying to lose a considerable bit before we TTC our 3rd, but I've got the baby bug...

:chin: Keep us posted.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Maybe pregnancy. Maybe a woosh of estrogen into your system from burning fat. We store a type of estrogen in our body fat. Pregnancy and a release of extra estrogen can cause some of the same symptoms. Hope you end up with whichever result you are hoping for.

Latchkey Princess
01-13-2011, 11:43 AM
As a mom of two and current preggo, I echo everyone else and say probably pregnant. :-) It's possible you conceived last month and had implantation spotting which you thought was your period, or that you ovulated earlier than you thought. Anyway, I'll be looking for an update, hope it turns out the way you want it to!

CanadianCutie
01-16-2011, 05:23 PM
The boobs are still huge. I'm planning on going out tomorrow and getting a couple bigger bras. I told my fiance the two theories from the thread and his reaction to the estrogen one was great "a little something extra for the guys". I, of course, rolled my eyes at him. I feel funny about picking up pregnancy tests too though, since I'm not due for the monthlies til Saturday.

OhMyDogs
01-16-2011, 05:45 PM
I was just thinking about you about an hour ago, and wondering how things were going!!

I tested early with my older daughter, and came up positive (we were trying for her). It was SUPER SUPER faint, but it was positive. I don't know about in Ont, but here in Sask, our Dollarama has pregnancy tests, and if I was you, I'd totally get them there, then you could pick up a few, so you could do one now, and do one later if need be.

CanadianCutie
01-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks, OhMyDogs, I'm not at home though, I'm in the US. Will be at K-Mart tomorrow though, Should be able to find some inexpensive ones there, I would imagine.

OhMyDogs
01-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Apparently in the US, a lot of the dollar stores have them...Dollar Tree for example (I remember reading that when I was trying to conceive). Hope that helps, and that you get the answer you're hoping for :)

lazylioness
01-17-2011, 08:52 AM
Apparently in the US, a lot of the dollar stores have them...Dollar Tree for example (I remember reading that when I was trying to conceive). Hope that helps, and that you get the answer you're hoping for :)

I have seen them in Dollar Stores and yanno for some reason, I just never felt able to trust a PG Test that was only a buck LOL

ShylahEQ
01-17-2011, 08:55 AM
The dollar store tests are great and cheap! Never had a problem with them. (the pink dye tests, not blue dye!)

Latchkey Princess
01-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Dollar store tests (like from Family Dollar or Dollar Tree) are totally reliable as long as they are pink dye and not blue dye. They alerted me to the presence of both my second and third little angels. :-) And alerted me 3-4 days before I missed my monthly too...

Arctic Mama
01-17-2011, 12:19 PM
Yup, dollar store tests and 25 cent Internet cheapies are both extremely sensitive and reliable. NO BLUE DYE TESTS, PINK ONLY!!!!! I can't stress that enough :)

Internet cheapies gave me my first positive for my son at only 8 DPO (faint, faint line) and gave a strong line by 10DPO. That is as good or better than my experiences with First Response.

sept15lija
01-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Another vote for pink dye tests! I can't speak to testing early though, I am always too scared to test, and wait until I am at least a week late. :dizzy:

LuvMyMr
01-17-2011, 01:37 PM
A dollar store test let me know my second one was on the way AND the third one! I trust them. :)

CanadianCutie
01-17-2011, 06:07 PM
I got the pink dye tests (gonna wait a few days to use though, fiance is off work this week, and I don't want to stress him out while he's on vacation). I also got the bras, I went from a 42 b or c (depending on the brand) to a 42 d in the kmart soft cup "Pink" brand, and a 42 DD in a Playtex soft cup t-shirt bra. I must have taken like 10 different bras into the fitting room. I was about ready to cry by the time I was done and had to put on my too small one I came in with.

CanadianCutie
01-18-2011, 08:14 AM
I took a test this morning when I woke up. It came up negative, period isn't due til the 22/23rd. My boobs are still as big as ever. It's driving me nuts. The new bras are helping, but they can only help so much.

GradPhase
01-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Hang in there, chicky <3

Charms
01-18-2011, 04:59 PM
The does sound like you could be pregnant. But to be another voice in the crowd, it could very well be hormonal issues. Changes in diet/exercise can make your hormones go wacky.

Just something else to think about. Try not to stress too much. (I know, that's easier said than done.)

:hug:

CanadianCutie
01-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Still no period. Testing again on Sunday. Will let you know when I do.

Sandi
01-27-2011, 11:31 PM
I have been wondering...keep us posted! :D

Lnoelparis
01-27-2011, 11:41 PM
Yeah me too! How are you doing?

Hugs,
Leah

CanadianCutie
01-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Boobs are still big, and sore (the soreness comes and goes), tired all the time. Not really stressed about it, more annoyed. Been wearing a pad/pantyliner just in case, as it feels like it's coming any day now.

CanadianCutie
02-02-2011, 08:07 PM
11 days late as of today, still no sign of it, and negative home pregnancy test. My boobs have new stretchmarks on them. That's not fun.

calluna
02-02-2011, 08:40 PM
That is what I was like when pregnant with second child. Took FOREVER to test positive.

CanadianCutie
02-02-2011, 10:05 PM
My family doctor won't do a blood test for pregnancy, until confirmed with a urine test, so I'm thinking if I don't get it by the two week mark I'll go to a walk-in clinic, and see if they will.

ScarlettDrawl
02-03-2011, 12:21 AM
GL, hon. Sorry you are in limbo. :hug:

DixC Chix
02-03-2011, 10:15 AM
My family doctor won't do a blood test for pregnancy, until confirmed with a urine test, so I'm thinking if I don't get it by the two week mark I'll go to a walk-in clinic, and see if they will.

Maybe try a Planned Parenthood office?

CanadianCutie
02-03-2011, 07:47 PM
The planned parenthood offices here only do urine tests. I have health insurance so I won't be charged for blood work at a walk in clinic. I measured my boobs today, they're another inch bigger around the cup size. Gah.

shcirerf
02-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Been lurking here.

FWIW, I had symptoms of pregnancy within a few days. Hind sight 20/20. Didn't realize it until later. But after it was confirmed by my Dr. it all made sense. I was 19. Love the twins, haven't been skinny dipping since.;)

It could just be hormonal imbalance though. I've had my hormones get out of whack, not fun.

Hang in there, and keep us posted.

CanadianCutie
02-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Finally got the blood test results back, definitely not pregnant. I guess my body just changed. The boobs haven't gone down. I'm surprised though, I find myself a little sad that I'm not pregnant. It will happen when it's meant to. I am totally using this as a kick in the pants to get my butt in gear. I started calorie logging again this morning. I don't want to continue to be in the rut I was in.

ShylahEQ
02-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Glad you finally got some answers! Good luck :)

sept15lija
02-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Glad you got some answers too. I know that disappointment, even when it's not necessarily what you were planning on. Good job on calorie logging, it makes such a difference!

katy trail
02-17-2011, 11:58 AM
'take that, put it in your pipe, and smoke it" omg i can't stop laughing! haha