Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - Anyone on Diet to Go?

View Full Version : Anyone on Diet to Go?

exactor
01-11-2011, 09:37 PM
I just started my 3rd week and I'm already down 8 pounds! I'm loving the food. I'm disappointed that the DTG site no longer has a message board for their customers. I'm hoping to find others who are also on it.

Caring4myself
01-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi, I will be starting DTG tomorrow. I pick up my first local delivery tomorrow night. I'm excited, and can't wait to start losing weight and getting healthy! :) We can chronical our success here if you'd like. I've been combing the internet to find out what the success rate has been on DTG and how much weight people have lost.

I am starting with the low fat 1200cal 7day plan. I think I will reduce my days down as I go along I want to slowly transition to planning my own meals and maintaining my weightloss independently.

Ruthxxx
01-17-2011, 05:35 PM
Do a Google search on "diet to go reviews" and you should find lots of info.

Doodie
02-02-2011, 08:30 PM
I began DTG on 1/18/11, and just love the food. I had an appointment with my doctor on 12/21/10. She ordered routine lab work & u/a. When the results came back, she called me and said glucose levels were 126 which she said was diagnostic for diabetes, and that a few liver enzymes were elevated. I got the lecture that she was giving me 3 months to start losing weight and if the levels hadn't started coming down, she was putting me on medication. Well, I found DTG and have just started week 3. I really like the fish dishes. Many of the turkey dishes are VERY spicy, but I feel I'm learning portion control (I'm following the 1200 calorie low-fat plan). When I was weighed at the doctor's office my number was 282. When I went to a Weight Watchers meeting on 1/22/11, my weigh registered 274.0. 8 LBS.!!! I realize scales are different, but I'm taking it!!

Glad to have found 3 fat chicks.

Julie (Doodie)

Caring4myself
02-03-2011, 07:25 AM
Hi Julie, I also started 1/18. My weight loss has been steady so far also. I'm down 11lbs. For week 3 I switched to low carb, so that is what i'm doing now. I worked out twice for 45 min each last week. I'm trying to increase exercise and also add in strenghth exercises. Overall doing well. I have started to make use of the substitution function. That helps a lot. Continued success to you and me too! :)

Doodie
02-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Just curious -- I'm just beginning Week 4 of the menus and am wondering after week 5 if DTG goes back to week 1 again? The food is good, although some is quite spicy, but I'd rather have the spice than bland!

Thanks,

Julie

Caring4myself
02-12-2011, 11:28 AM
I think it does rotate back to week 1. I think we started on the same day. Do you do local pick up or mail order? My sister did mail order and she stated that she didn't like the food at all. I'm doing local pick-up and I've found some foods that are pretty good. There are some that i'm not fond of, which I switch out. But overall pretty good.

ONEBLESSEDRN
02-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Hi Ladies. I just had week 5 delivered to my home today.....and boy did it come right on time because I was ill prepared for lunch. lol.
I ate the turkey/swiss sandwich which was delicious. I'm looking forward losing wt. with DTG again.
I started working out this week. I'm doing Turbo Jam videos and I plan on purchasing Slim in 6.
Is anyone on Sparkpeople?

Caring4myself
02-16-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm not on Sparkpeople. I was on there, but I signed up for so many social sites, that it was hard to keep up with everything. I try to just stick with one. I like this website, and have started coming often.

Are you on mail order? I do the local pick-up. My sister tried a couple of weeks of mail order, and she stated that she didn't like it. I'm not sure how different mail order is from local pick-up, but I have found some dishes that I like. Good luck with everything.

mcz1970
02-17-2011, 12:40 PM
I just ordered week 5 and will start when it comes. It ships on Monday but I don't know what kind of shipping they use. For others who do mail order, what day did your order come on?

Caring4myself
02-18-2011, 02:02 PM
My sister did mail order and hers came on Tuesday. I think they delivery date is either Tuesday or Wednesday.

One thing I'm frustrated about is finding real people to interact with that has found success using Diet to Go. I see reviews online, but they are ones used by Diet to Go. I wish there were more people on here to bounce ideas off of on this. I'm going on 5.5 weeks and has lost 15lbs. The largest weight loss came the first week. I know i've been messing up the last few days.

I'm going to give it another month to see how things go.

Pluto Is A Planet
02-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Hi Caring4myself - I was online reading through some forums and saw your note about finding people who've had D2G success - I'm a former D2G'er. I tried it for 5 months, only lost a total of 10lbs - not all D2G's fault. I blame myself for switching from the low fat to the low carb, but I was hoping the low carb would boost my weight loss. I was averaging about 1 lb per week on the low fat, really enjoyed most of the food - the one or two I didn't, I substituted with no problem. Tried the low fat for 10 weeks (2 cycles of the 5 week menu) - lost total 10 lbs. Some weeks 1 lb, some weeks no lbs, some weeks 1.5 lbs, gained 1 lb once or twice. I thought it may be the pastas, breads, muffins - so on to the low carb

Unfortunately, for me, I found it difficult to eat vegetable sides (green beans, cauliflower) for breakfast (maybe if they had been chopped up and added to an omelet or as a veggie egg scramble, I could've handled it better) and honestly, the first time I had the pork chop breakfast, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I substituted that one, was just too heavy for me first thing in the morning.

I think D2G is a good plan for some, I enjoyed it more when you could comment/ask questions in their community forum. I think that was part of my motivation, reading comments from others who were trying to follow the plan. In the end, I just couldn't find the right ratio of carbs/protein for me - 1-1.5/week isn't bad, but I had a lot of weeks with no movement on the scales.

I'm thinking once I get down to my goal weight, I'll start using them again (low fat or vegetarian plans :D) - they have so much flexibility - lunch, dinner only; dinner only; - i think it will help me maintain.

I wish you and others on D2G much success!!

Caring4myself
02-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Thanks Pluto, I said i'd give it one more month to see how it goes. I don't want to spend a bunch of money for a long period of time if the weight loss is not on average 2lbs per week. I know there will be stalls, but.....

exactor
02-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Hi everyone! It's nice to see other people also on Diet to Go. I've just finished my 8th week and I'm down 14 pounds. I'm not losing as fast as I want to, as I lost 6 the first week and then only about a pound per week after that. I really was hoping to lose 2 pounds a week. But, I'm really enjoying the food on this diet as well as enjoying how easy it is for me to stick to it. No planning, shopping, prepping, cooking or cleaning up! I'm on the 1600, 7-day, traditional low-fat plan and I get my meals through mail order.

After going through all 5 weeks of menus and trying everything, I started making substitutions so I would only have the meals that I like. And there's still a huge variety. What are your favorite meals? Here are some of mine:

Breakfast
Egg and Broccoli Pie
Greek Burrito
Apple Pancakes
Blueberry Muffin

Lunch
Reuben Sandwich
Chicken Philly Sub
Shrimp Mango Bisque
Turkey Burger

Dinner
Vegetable Ravioli
Herb Crusted Red Snapper
Chicken Fajita
Chicken Pizza

Doodie
02-21-2011, 07:04 PM
I will be finishing up my first 5 weeks with Tuesday lunch (2/22). I want to get myself weighed tomorrow morning -- okay, by the end of the week since yesterday (2/20/11) all of my family & I went out to celebrate my nephew's birthday and I ate 5 pieces of pizza. Some of the meals seem to be a lot of food, and I find about the only thing(s) I am supplementing are a banana with breakfast and glass or 2 of skim milk (I am on medication for high blood pressure). I feel I am in danger of becoming bored with this program, but the doctor wants me show her that I'm serious about losing weight, which I am. About a month ago I went to WW and asked if I could be weighed in, but they will only do that if I join (they weighed me in anyway, thankfully).

I've enjoyed most of my meals and don't feel deprived, just don't want to be bored with things & go back to the same old same old. Some of my favorites are also listed above with the previous poster. I also like the French toast & waffles I've had. What I'd really like is some turkey bacon with the eggs. Secretly, though, I really want some red meat . . . .

:swim:

Julie

Caring4myself
02-21-2011, 09:44 PM
I really like the turkey ham salad on the pretzel roll. That was surprisingly very good.

I like most of the breakfasts. The only thing that I really don't like is the fish and seafood. If I see any of that on the menu, I substitute.

Overall, it is okay. Though there is one or two seasonings that they LOVE to use, and I want a variety in taste. Because that seasoning is starting to make me not want to eat the food, i'm tired of it.

I'm finishing up on 5 weeks and my weight loss is at 14lbs. I lost 7lbs the first week.

I'm going to see how the next 5 weeks go.

Caring4myself
02-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Okay, my first big issue with DTG today. First the place where I pick up my order didn't have power. The guy said the power had been out since 11AM. My food was not cold. I was worried about it being out that long without refrigeration.

When I got home to check my meals. One of my lunches was incorrect. I put in a substitution request and they didn't substitute. I do not like their seafood dishes so I substitute those every chance I get. Well they sent me the tuna anyway.

I'm not a happy camper right now. <:(

mcz1970
02-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Okay, my first big issue with DTG today. First the place where I pick up my order didn't have power. The guy said the power had been out since 11AM. My food was not cold. I was worried about it being out that long without refrigeration.

When I got home to check my meals. One of my lunches was incorrect. I put in a substitution request and they didn't substitute. I do not like their seafood dishes so I substitute those every chance I get. Well they sent me the tuna anyway.

I'm not a happy camper right now. <:(

Aside from the tuna issue, do you think your food is still good?

Oh and my food just came. I'm starting with lunch. I'm doing Low fat traditional 1200 calorie.

mcz1970
02-23-2011, 02:38 PM
I had the Tomato Basil soup with the corn and spinach stuff. The soup was awesome!!! The corn and spinach stuff had a vinegar based sauce in it that made it taste weird. But it was a small amount and I wolfed it down lol. I am hungry again, but I realized that I didn't drink my yogart drink. Gonna go do that now.....

exactor
02-28-2011, 11:33 AM
I am sooo frustrated! I've been on Diet to go for 9 weeks and have lost a total of 12 pounds, but I lost 8 pounds the first week and a half and only 4 pounds these last 2 months. I could understand it if I hadn't been sticking to it faithfully but I haven't cheated one bit! The Diet to Go food is all I've eaten. I expected to be able to lose around 2 pounds a week. Even though I HATE exercise, I've managed to work out at least a 2 to 3 times a week. My husband, on the other hand, has been on Diet to Go the same amount of time, has not exercised at all and has lost 26 pounds so far. I know that men lose weight faster and I don't expect the same results as him, but it's just so discouraging. I've read of other people not losing very well on Diet to Go. I think I'm just eating too many calories (I'm on the 1600 low fat plan, which is what was recommended for me). I could switch to their 1200 plan, but I'm going to switch it up a bit. I love their food but I'm going to switch to Bistro MD and see if I get better results. I did Bistro for a little while about 3 years ago so I know their food is good.

momo1107
03-03-2011, 01:50 PM
I think it does rotate back to week 1. I think we started on the same day. Do you do local pick up or mail order? My sister did mail order and she stated that she didn't like the food at all. I'm doing local pick-up and I've found some foods that are pretty good. There are some that i'm not fond of, which I switch out. But overall pretty good.

Yeah I didn't like the 1200 calorie mail order option with DTG. The meal's seasoning was not appealing to me. Also the meals were watered down after microwaving them. I followed the instructions of keeping day 1-3 meals in the fridge and then taking the rest of the meals out the freezer and placing them in the fridge on day 3. The low carb plan was okay the first week, I just found that my sugars kept dropping low(I am a diabetic). I didn't like that the breads that came with the low calorie plan were dry and crumbly so I threw them in the trash. So all in all I did have a bad experience with DTG mail delivery. I wish everyone good luck with it, and hope that you don't experience the things I did.

Caring4myself
03-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Aside from the tuna issue, do you think your food is still good?

Oh and my food just came. I'm starting with lunch. I'm doing Low fat traditional 1200 calorie.

There are some meals that are good, but not enough to ofset the price I am paying. I'm deciding to end Diet-to-Go. It is going to be hard, but I'm going to try to do like other ladies here and just count calories. It's going to take a lot of planning on my part, but I can do it.

The fish is so terrible to me, I feel like throwing up thinking about it. There is a seasoning that they frequently use. That got old quick to me. The first few weeks I think I was sailing on excitement of starting something new. Now 8wks in, I don't think I can do it any longer. I am starting to waste the food, and eat out again. I gotta start planning quick because I don't want to gain back the weight I did lose on this program.

Good luck. Everyone's experience is different. That is why I went ahead and tried the program so that I would know for myself.

Caring4myself
03-05-2011, 09:06 AM
I am sooo frustrated! I've been on Diet to go for 9 weeks and have lost a total of 12 pounds, but I lost 8 pounds the first week and a half and only 4 pounds these last 2 months. I could understand it if I hadn't been sticking to it faithfully but I haven't cheated one bit! The Diet to Go food is all I've eaten. I expected to be able to lose around 2 pounds a week. Even though I HATE exercise, I've managed to work out at least a 2 to 3 times a week. My husband, on the other hand, has been on Diet to Go the same amount of time, has not exercised at all and has lost 26 pounds so far. I know that men lose weight faster and I don't expect the same results as him, but it's just so discouraging. I've read of other people not losing very well on Diet to Go. I think I'm just eating too many calories (I'm on the 1600 low fat plan, which is what was recommended for me). I could switch to their 1200 plan, but I'm going to switch it up a bit. I love their food but I'm going to switch to Bistro MD and see if I get better results. I did Bistro for a little while about 3 years ago so I know their food is good.

I was doing the 1200 cal low fat. I did splurge outside of the plan here and there. I've lost about the same amount of weight. I'm going to go to calorie counting.

Doodie
03-07-2011, 09:36 AM
I am finishing up week 2 in my second cycle of the 5 week cycle. One of the breakfasts is the Greek-stuffed mushroom (portobello, I think). Looking at it, I just about gagged and threw it out. I fixed a bowl of cereal and had a banana instead. The tuna salad tastes lousy to me. And all the vegetables with breakfast, there is only so much I can take. I've decided that when I have an omelet for breakfast, I'm heating it up and then fixing a slice of whole wheat toast with just a small spreading of butter and including a banana. I'm at the point where I'm eating about half of the dinners and throwing the rest away. Even the chicken sausage patty is unappealing now.

Wish I didn't have this reaction because I need to lose the weight, but will see how much more I can tolerate.

Julie

Caring4myself
03-07-2011, 10:00 AM
I am finishing up week 2 in my second cycle of the 5 week cycle. One of the breakfasts is the Greek-stuffed mushroom (portobello, I think). Looking at it, I just about gagged and threw it out. I fixed a bowl of cereal and had a banana instead. The tuna salad tastes lousy to me. And all the vegetables with breakfast, there is only so much I can take. I've decided that when I have an omelet for breakfast, I'm heating it up and then fixing a slice of whole wheat toast with just a small spreading of butter and including a banana. I'm at the point where I'm eating about half of the dinners and throwing the rest away. Even the chicken sausage patty is unappealing now.

Wish I didn't have this reaction because I need to lose the weight, but will see how much more I can tolerate.

Julie

I'm doing the same thing. I forgot to put in substitution requests for this week, and recieved fish, which will be going in the garbage. That mushroom thing was gross. I had the same reaction, and it went in the trash. I never liked that one.

They use mushrooms a lot which mushrooms have no nutritional value. The artichokes I don't like either. Certain parts are hard to chew. It is as if they didn't shell the outer hard layer and just cooked them whole. That Salmon burger I ate part of it because I didn't have anything else for lunch. It had the office at my job smelling like musty fish. I think it smelled so bad somebody started spaying air freshner. That was kinda embarrasing. Even though I'm eating some of the same foods when I first started, it seems that the quality took a drastic turn for the worse. They must have some new people working in the kitchen. I don't know.....

It's the end of the road for me.

Doodie
03-07-2011, 10:18 AM
I agree, they use way too much mushrooms & artichokes. I throw away the brussels sprouts & tomato sauce when it comes with breakfast. I personally like the salmon filets & salmon burger, although I agree the salmon burger is too fishy. Maybe it's time for Weight Watchers or something else. At least I've gotten started on weight loss and hopefully started bringing the numbers down (glucose levels & liver enzymes).

p.s. -- where in Virginia do you live? Just curious. My sister & her family live in Fairfax.

Caring4myself
03-07-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm in Fredericksburg. I agree, it has given me a jump start. I'm just trying to maintain and not go backwards. I'm having a difficult time, because i'm stressed out, but not going to give up.

FattyFatFat
03-08-2011, 08:27 PM
@Caring, if you can overcome it through the bad times, you will do even better during the good times. Just stay focused and you'll be fine.

Doodie
03-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Tuesday lunch tomorrow (3/29/11) finishes my second 5 week cycle on Diet To Go. So far I have lost 26 lbs. I'm at the point where I'm throwing away about half my dinners because it's too much food. I hate to throw food out and it hurts to waste the food for as much as I'm paying for it. But I need to lose the weight so my doctor does not put me on medication for diabetes.

Will see how the third 5 week cycle goes with weight loss and how to handle the food. I used to like mushrooms & artichokes; not anymore. Hope you all on DTG are having better success!

Julie (Doodie)

Doodie
05-04-2011, 09:00 AM
Okay, now it's getting to the point of no return. I am beginning week 16. This morning's breakfast was the blueberry pancakes with syrup & turkey sausage. When I opened the package there was a suspicious-looking green color on the pancakes. Couldn't tell if it was from the blueberry juice or if they were going moldy. Two lunches that have included apples were nothing to laugh at. One apple was gone brown in the middle, and the other one had a bad spot on it on the outside.

Guess it's time to change.

Caring4myself
05-18-2011, 07:04 PM
I'm now on my 4th week of Jenny Craig. I like this a lot better. The food taste better to me also. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Doodie
06-01-2011, 10:09 AM
If this is too personal, I apologize. And you need not answer. Do you find the cost of Jenny Craig is less than at Diet To Go? My costs have been steadily rising since I started on 1/18/11.

Thanks,

Julie (Doodie)

Caring4myself
06-01-2011, 10:54 AM
With Jenny I buy the snacks, dinners, dressings and my cost avg. $140/wk. I could go cheaper and cut out some things. But that works for me. In addition, I have to purchase my fruits and vegetables in addition to milk. I think Jenny may be a little more expensive, but I like the food better and you also get the one on one meeting once per week. As far as incentives from each program, I think Jenny offers more. I go to a local center, which the mail order I couldn't tell you how good that is. If there wasn't a local center I don't think I would do Jenny. I like the face to face contact. I lost 14lbs in 5 wks. Things are going good so far.

Caring4myself
06-01-2011, 10:58 AM
With Jenny I buy the snacks, dinners, dressings and my cost avg. $140/wk. I could go cheaper and cut out some things. But that works for me. In addition, I have to purchase my fruits and vegetables in addition to milk. I think Jenny may be a little more expensive, but I like the food better and you also get the one on one meeting once per week. As far as incentives from each program, I think Jenny offers more. I go to a local center, which the mail order I couldn't tell you how good that is. If there wasn't a local center I don't think I would do Jenny. I like the face to face contact. I lost 14lbs in 5 wks. Things are going good so far.

Wow, I haven't been updating my tracker on here since stopping DTG. I've been mostly on the Jenny boards. I updated my tracker here, and I've lost 20lbs since the beginning of DTG. Yay!!!!