South Beach Diet - Starting South Beach on Friday

View Full Version : Starting South Beach on Friday

myyear
01-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Well, it's almost two weeks into the new year. It's time to start! I was going on the ABS Diet but changed my mind. I have real blood sugar issues and my doctor recommended South Beach. Either that or go into full-blown diabetes. Right now I am considered pre-diabetic. I believe South Beach can reverse that.

I am so glad to find a South Beach forum that I don't have to pay for. I considered joining the official paying site, but after lurking here you guys sound like a great bunch!

Well, I'm glad to be here. I'll be going grocery shopping tomorrow. I have the books and all. I'm all set to go!:carrot:

Heidi58
01-11-2011, 08:00 PM
:wave: Hello! I'm glad you're here, too.

We are a 'great bunch' - I don't believe I would have had the success I've had if it wasn't for the encouragement (and accountability) that the ladies here have given me.

I look forward to following your progress!

murphmitch
01-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Welcome to SB! This forum has made all the difference in my success. :welcome2:

tanner'smom
01-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Welcome!!

I am here to because of Dr's recommendation also. I also looked at the South Beach website and decided I did not need it.

LADY WINDSONG
01-12-2011, 05:14 AM
:welcome:

Mmckellen
01-12-2011, 07:16 AM
Welcome myyear. It is great to post your menus on the on plan thread and check in every day to say hi on the daily thread.

Lexxiss
01-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Welcome! My BS is so stable now! BP and other numbers down, too. I really enjoy living without all the daily ups and downs.

Best Wishes!

WaistingTime
01-12-2011, 09:29 AM
This is an amazing little community. Welcome:)

AmyKitKat
01-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Welcome to you! SBD is the healthiest "diet" I've been on, including WW (only because I could always rationalize a doughnut, piece of cake, beer, etc - which usually led to me rationalizing a second doughnut, piece of cake, beer, and a third...you get the idea).

This site keeps me accountable as well, which also cuts down on the "just one won't hurt" mindset!

cottagebythesea
01-12-2011, 11:40 AM
:welcome2:, myyear! We look forward to getting to know you!

myyear
01-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Wow! What a nice welcome. Thank you so much, all of you!

Amy, I tried WW too. I'm ashamed to admit I even signed up for the new pointsplus plan this year. Talk about desperation. You need to carry a points calculator around with you all day just to figure your points. Another waste of my money. No more. My doc recommends South Beach, and I know it's for me. Not counting points all day is sheer freedom to me! (That said, I know some folks count WW points and follow South Beach. Please don't be offended. It just didn't work for me).

Why wait for Friday? I'm cooking today and starting fresh tomorrow!