Chicks up for a Challenge - Lose the Weight in 2011, Gain a Baby in 2012

Pages : [1] 2

Just1More
01-11-2011, 04:40 PM
JOIN US AT ANY TIME

The title says it all. This challenge is for anyone, of any start weight looking to lose pounds in order to be in a healthy weight range when they begin to try and conceive in 2011 for a baby to be born in 2012. :hug:

My personal side to this challenge is to lose 10lbs a month through the month of August 2011. We will begin to TTC during my cycle of Aug, hopefully God willing conceiving in Aug, Sept, Oct for a May-July 2012 Due Date :)

Ladies that are currently riding the Baby Dust Train

MyBodyisMyTemple

Topsy81

Peaches5577

Losing4another

treezuk

angeluv

Bridezilla

MonsterMuffinTop

Wantabetterme

Change

SpunkyStar01

Willow324

Lily In Bloom

Milasmommy87

JourneytoMe

Opheliaphoenix

Emme

Chickadee32

flsunbmr

Skygirl

Rebecca85

CocoLoco

Gale02

Mrsralphie

NYAGirl

Skinniibrittany

Ladies Already on the Pregnancy Roller Coaster

19DeltaWifey Due in October 2011 :bb:
aasshhlleeyy :bb:

Here is my personal tracking that I'll update every week.

January
01-07: -5lbs :bb:
08-15:-3lbs
16-23::-2lbs :bb: :bb:
24-31: -0 Stupid ice storm

Total For January:-10lbs!!!:bb: :bb:

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-12-2011, 12:32 AM
Count me in!

Although I won't be trying to conceive until late 2012, I have a lot of work to do before then.

My goal is to lose (and keep off) 50 lbs this year. Anything more is a super bonus!

I'm using a similar tracking already, so I'll keep track in my siggy.

We can do this!

topsy81
01-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Can I join, we are going to ttc after our wedding in may, I cant wait

I would like to loose 2-3lbs a week, not sure if I can, but will give it a go, I joined the gym last week and am loving the cross trainer :) Also did my first spinning class on sat and my legs still ache from it!!!

Week 1 Weigh-in (1/12): 202.8 lbs
Week 2 Weigh-in (1/19): 205.8 +3 :(
Week 3 Weigh-in (1/26): 205 ;(
Week 4 Weigh-in (2/2): 204
Week 5 Weigh-in (2/9): 202.4 just lower than when I started!!
Week 6 Weigh-in (2/16):
Week 7 Weigh-in (2/23):
Week 8 Weigh-in (3/2):
Week 9 Weigh-in (3/9):
Week 10 Weigh-in (3/16):
Week 11 Weigh-in (3/23):
Week 12 Weigh-in (3/30):
Week 13 Weigh-in (4/6):

Just1More
01-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Welcome ladies! Thanks for joining in :)

Can I ask what your strategies are for dieting and excersize?

topsy81
01-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi hun,

I am trying to count cals 1300-1500 ish a day, but I am also changing it about a bit, also trying NOT to eat pasta, rice, bread ect in the eve. Just have meat or fish and tons of veggies :) I am also trying to get 2L of fluid in a day, i know its supposed to be water and if it was the summer, it would be but its like 5 c here today brr!!!! So i am drinking green and white tea, with 1 coffee and tea a day.

I joined the gym last week and have been going every other day. I have been burning 300 cals each time on the bikes, treadmill and cross trainer. I have 3 induction sessions where they show you how to use it all, so as I want to tone up a bit, ok a lot :) then i am hoping they will show me how to use the weights and stuff and I can add these in. On the day i dont go to the gym my fiance is helping me do sit ups, I can only do 10 at the mo LOL!!!

If I can I would like to looses 2-3 lbs a week, not sure if I can do that, but I am up for giving it a go!!!

How about you hun, what are you doing?
xxx

Just1More
01-12-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm doing the LapBand Post Surgery Diet.

It has 5 phases and it's for people who have had the surgery so it is healthy to follow for people who are grossly over weight, like myself.

Phase 1: Clear Liquids 3 days

Phase 2: Semi-Liquids and smoothie consistancy foods

Phase 3: Liquids and soft solids (like scrambled eggs and tuna salad)

Phase 4: Everything from above, plus solid protiens like turkey and chicken.

Phase 5: Healthy eating 1,200-1,500 calories a day of protiens and veg/fruits. Little to no sodium and sugars, as well as NO processed foods.

I don't have time for excersize right now, but as soon as warmer weather gets here I will be able to add excersize in. But for now I'm working 50-60hrs a week and taking care of my son when I'm home, so I'm focusing on the dieting part first and I'll tackle the excersize when I sit phases 5 in 10-12 weeks.

topsy81
01-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Wow, 50-60 hours a week, what do you do hun? I would think you burn sevral cals doing that many hours anyway.

What phase are you on now?

I tried a liquid fast, but only lasted a day. You should be proud of yourself.

Good luck, looking forward to keeping up with your results :) Off to they gym for a workout and then my first pilates class :)

xx

Peaches5577
01-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Count me in! We havent set an actual date to try to concieve but it is in the plans and I would like to be in the best shape possible when it does. Both weight wise and physical strength. As well as nutritionally. Its funny how your motivation increases when you think about what your body has to offer a little person :-)
My goal is to lose another 26.2 lbs and workout cardio 4+ times a week plus weight train 3+ times a week. I am sticking to a low glycemic diet with emphasis on whole grains, and following the clean eating plan.

Losing4another
01-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Would like to join in too! I'm hoping to start TTC in Feb :D I'm going to keep trying to lose while TTC. I joined weigh watchers also hoping the having to weigh in in front of someone will keep me honest with the scale... I hide from it when I know I'm not eating well. My goal is to get under 200 but my main goal is to eat healthier and exercise regularly while TTC and pregnancy

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-13-2011, 01:46 AM
Hi ladies!!! Here's some *BABYDUST* for all of us that are/will be ttc within the next year or so!

My plans are to focus on eating proportionate meals, not overeating (which I have a tendency to without realizing it), and to get some physical activity most days of the week.

I am looking into different activities that I can incorporate into my program to keep it exciting and to also give me options so that my body doesn't get used to a regular program.

I have a lot of weight to lose, but I want to get my body prepared for my baby:D! Peaches that is soooo true about how motivation increases when you think of getting healthy for the little bundle of joy! LOL.

I, too, am also trying to lose 2-3 lbs per week. I will NOT beat myself up if I only lose 1 lb, or mabye even 0... I will use those moments to reevaluate my program and see how I can tweak it to make it better.

ok, enough rambling for now :D

Just1More
01-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Wow, 50-60 hours a week, what do you do hun? I would think you burn sevral cals doing that many hours anyway.

What phase are you on now?

I tried a liquid fast, but only lasted a day. You should be proud of yourself.

Good luck, looking forward to keeping up with your results :) Off to they gym for a workout and then my first pilates class :)

xx

I try not to talk about my work online, however I work in the education field. I work from 7:30am to 6:00pm M-Th and then 7:30-4:00pm Fri. But it's in an office type enviroment, so I'm sitting most of the day.

I'm in phase 2, phase 1 only lasts 2-3days so it was brutal, but it helped flush alot of water weight off and stuff. I allowed myself orange juice, ice tea, milk, water and some Quaker rice cakes. Now I've moved on to allowing myself some dried fruits and nuts with no added salt, rice cakes, prunes, scrambled eggs and ketchup. I however need to do this phase for 10-14days. Wish me luck!

And good luck too you going to the gym and to pilates class! I'm jealous! :carrot:

Just1More
01-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Would like to join in too! I'm hoping to start TTC in Feb :D I'm going to keep trying to lose while TTC. I joined weigh watchers also hoping the having to weigh in in front of someone will keep me honest with the scale... I hide from it when I know I'm not eating well. My goal is to get under 200 but my main goal is to eat healthier and exercise regularly while TTC and pregnancy

GOOD LUCK L4A!!! :hug:

My goal is to get to 179 ATLEAST before we start TTC on August. I got pregnant last year when I was 238lb and I didn't gain any weight until I was 30 weeks pregnant (that's the only good news for us heavy chicks is we normally don't gain much if any weight during pregnancy). I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia and put on bedrest and then hosptial bedrest and had my son at 35weeks because of the highblood pressure. I want to be in better cardiovascular shape and a lower less at risk weight. Even though skinny chicks get PreEclampsia too, being obese doesn't help. It was the scariest time of my life. Which is the motivating factor for me right now. I don't eat anything with more than 50mgs of salt in it. I even have salt free ketchup, you can't really tell. I didn't tell you any of this to scare you, I'm just sharing my story because it's part of my healing process, I've had alot of issues since the traumatic birth of our son, it was really hard on me. I just can't imagine bringing another life into this world until my body is healthier, if anything bad happened like PreE again and I had to deliver a micro preimee I'd blame myself.:(

Enough debbie downer, back to crazy inspirational carrot man :carrot:

Just1More
01-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Count me in! We havent set an actual date to try to concieve but it is in the plans and I would like to be in the best shape possible when it does. Both weight wise and physical strength. As well as nutritionally. Its funny how your motivation increases when you think about what your body has to offer a little person :-)
My goal is to lose another 26.2 lbs and workout cardio 4+ times a week plus weight train 3+ times a week. I am sticking to a low glycemic diet with emphasis on whole grains, and following the clean eating plan.

GO GO GO GIRL! THAT PLAN SOUNDS AWESOME!!! And very realistic!

After you loose the weight and become pregnant remember you only need an extra 300 calories a day during pregnancy accompained with a prenatal vitamin. So anywhere from 1,800 - 2,300 calories is all you need. This will keep your weight gain of fat to a minimum, but the average woman gains 35-40lbs in baby weight, fluid, placenta and all the good stuff.

angeluv
01-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Hey this is a great thread..I don't have an actual baby timeline yet but i'd like to get pregnant towards the end of this year and i'd love to do it without a bunch of additional weight

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Angel welcome aboard the BABYDUST TRAIN (Just, I love that by the way!)! I don't have a baby timeline either but I'm hoping to conceive next year sometime.

What are your goals for weight loss/fitness?

aasshhlleeyy
01-13-2011, 04:34 PM
IM SO IN!!!!!! My hubby and I have been trying to concieve for about a year with no luck and it may be due to the extra weight im carrying around Im thinking I want to put the baby dust away for a while lol.

treezuk
01-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Could i join , we were ttc#2 i got pregnant after taking clomid but sadly had a m.c i am now dealing with a huge cyst but after thats sorted i hope to start trying again :)

Just1More
01-13-2011, 07:20 PM
IM SO IN!!!!!! My hubby and I have been trying to concieve for about a year with no luck and it may be due to the extra weight im carrying around Im thinking I want to put the baby dust away for a while lol.

I'm sorry you are having trouble conceiving, with the research I have done it is harder for women who are heavier to get pregnant :( Like we don't have everything else that sucks...Grrrr.

But honestly you'll feel much better bringing a life into the world inside a healthy body. I would have NEVER gotten pregnant last year if my IUD hadn't failed on me. I had it in for 4 1/2yrs and it just decided to slip out of place. I was actually on the road to losing weight so we could start to TTC, I lost 20lbs and my Dr. thinks that might have been what caused my IUD to dropped down...idk. :dizzy:

Just1More
01-13-2011, 07:22 PM
Could i join , we were ttc#2 i got pregnant after taking clomid but sadly had a m.c i am now dealing with a huge cyst but after thats sorted i hope to start trying again :)

Tree we share the same name!!! We are awesome!!! :D :hug:

I'm sorry for your loss, I too have had a m.c, however it was super early and called a "chemical pregnancy".

Good Luck too you in this coming year!!! Lots and lots of STICKY BABY DUST!:hug:

Losing4another
01-14-2011, 01:55 AM
Tree- I'll be using clomid as well when we get back to the doctor in Feb.. cant wait to get started again. We did two cycles last year then I had to get some dental work that turned out to be a nightmare to heal and couldn't go back for another cycle.. As long as I don't have to have anymore dental surgeries I should be good to start next month.

Are we going to have a weigh in day or are we just chatting?

Losing4another
01-14-2011, 02:18 AM
Just1more- Don't worry you didn't scare me. I do have a daughter but when I got pregnant back then I weighed a whole lot less. Everything was easy and smooth but then I gained a bunch of weight and don't ovulate normally anymore. We lost a pregnancy in 2004 and I thought I was done but can't kick the baby fever no matter how much it is costing us. I've been told by my doctor that losing weight will help in falling pregnant and the clomid working better. The goal my doctor gave me was under 200 for improved chances of getting pregnant and having a healthy pregnancy. My big goal is hitting the 180's .. but if I can't make it because of a pregnancy I'll be okay with it

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-14-2011, 03:35 AM
Are we going to have a weigh in day or are we just chatting?

My weigh-in day is tomorrow and I will be keeping track in my siggy. I would highly encourage everyone to set their own weigh in days and then we can keep track here.

Hope we see lots of pounds dripping away!

Just1More
01-14-2011, 09:45 AM
My weigh-in day is tomorrow and I will be keeping track in my siggy. I would highly encourage everyone to set their own weigh in days and then we can keep track here.

Hope we see lots of pounds dripping away!

I agree, everyone can keep their own personal weigh in days and just keep us UPDATED :D:carrot:

Just1More
01-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Just1more- Don't worry you didn't scare me. I do have a daughter but when I got pregnant back then I weighed a whole lot less. Everything was easy and smooth but then I gained a bunch of weight and don't ovulate normally anymore. We lost a pregnancy in 2004 and I thought I was done but can't kick the baby fever no matter how much it is costing us. I've been told by my doctor that losing weight will help in falling pregnant and the clomid working better. The goal my doctor gave me was under 200 for improved chances of getting pregnant and having a healthy pregnancy. My big goal is hitting the 180's .. but if I can't make it because of a pregnancy I'll be okay with it

Girl I totally hear you, if I can get under 200, it'll be the first time in a LONG time. I just need to make sure I feel in my head that I'm "ok". You know? It just makes me nervous thinking about it. :(

treezuk
01-14-2011, 10:48 AM
JUST1MORE : We are awesome all TERESA's are.... Girls out there name your kids Teresa hahaha thank you for your kind words my m.c was kind of a weird one i had a partial m.c in june but had a problem with a tiny piece of tissue that managed to hang on causing my HCG to rise and fall eventully end of july m.c'd the rest but had to wait for the HCG to fall back to normal which took nearly another month , and then with them finding the cyst to the last 6 months have been a nightmare really..

Losing for another : I really hope the clomid works for you sweetie i got pregnant with my son first round and i did 2 cycles unoffical from the dr and then once dr puit me on clomid i got pregnant last year but m.c'd im just lucky that cloimd does work for me :) i just hope it continues to work FX no more dental work for you hehe

I weigh in every sunday , so this sunday is my first WI

Just1More
01-14-2011, 11:09 AM
*sigh* babies are such an amazing blessing. I pray we all are blessed in abundance in these up coming years.

My little one just turned 7 months this past week. So adorable.

treezuk
01-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Awwww what did u have a boy or a girl , my son was 2 in October just gone his called Mckenzi x

Just1More
01-14-2011, 01:29 PM
I had a little boy, named Nicholas. He is just doing new things everyday.

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-14-2011, 01:31 PM
JUST1MORE : We are awesome all TERESA's are.... Girls out there name your kids Teresa hahaha thank you for your kind words my m.c was kind of a weird one i had a partial m.c in june but had a problem with a tiny piece of tissue that managed to hang on causing my HCG to rise and fall eventully end of july m.c'd the rest but had to wait for the HCG to fall back to normal which took nearly another month , and then with them finding the cyst to the last 6 months have been a nightmare really..

Sorry about your m.c. I have been through devastation similar to that and can understand. Sorry about the cyst also. I have PCOS and have been dealing with cysts as well. Sending you lots of baby dust and hope that with the loss of weight the cysts will disappear never to return.

Btw... if I have a girl I'll add Teresa to the list of possible names:devil: LOL.

Ok, weighed in today and I am down 5 lbs since I started 10 days ago. I feel that's a very reasonable loss... its not an excessive amount that I can't maintain it, and its not too low that I get discouraged.

Not sure if I've mentioned it but I'm trying to average about 2-3 lbs per week.

Can't wait to see all of our progress! Have a nice OP weekend!

19Deltawifey
01-14-2011, 11:43 PM
Finally I have found a bunch of women with baby fever, no matter how much I try to shake this feeling it keeps getting stronger. I have a 6.5yo and a 3.5 yo and we plan to ttc late 2011. I took a preg test today which came back negative I was so happy, right now is not a good time to get preg since my husband will be deploying soon but if it happens we will be happy.

Here is my weight loss so far since I started WW and I will just keep adding on to this every Thursday, I hope to weigh at least 180 or less when we concieve.

12/2/10-230.2 (joined Weight Watchers, I was wearing clothes)
12/9/10-229.6 (underestimated on a recipe and probably overate)
12/16/10-228.6 (end of 2nd week WI)
12/23/10-227.2 (3 WW weigh in, ate all of my WP and AP)
12/30/10-226 (WW is going great)
1/6/10-225.6 (went over my WP)
1/13/10-226 ( with clothes,TOM anyday now)
1/13/10-224.6 (naked, new low, lowest weight since May2010!!!)

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-15-2011, 12:29 AM
Hi Carly, welcome! Sorry hubby will be deploying soon but hopefully you will be able to take advantage of that time and reach your goal! Then when he gets home.... baby making time :) LOL.

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-15-2011, 12:30 AM
Carly, also... congrats on reaching your new low since 5/10!

Ladies, have a WONDERFUL weekend and don't forget that the decisions we make will impact the baby process one way or the other... lets make it work for the better!

Losing4another
01-15-2011, 12:44 AM
Just1more- Your Nicholas is a cutie pie :) I have a niece that will be 10 mths in a couple days. Shes so sweet just a smile melts your heart.

19delta- I joined WW the 6th ;) I'm liking the new points plus. I think cause it's all new and a little different from what the points have been for a few years.

Tree- thanks I hope so too. When will you be starting clomid again?

Mybody- My weigh in is thursday @ weight watchers so I'll just update every thursday

Happy to have found other ladies trying to lose before getting pregnant instead of after. Normally you try to lose baby fat from the pregnancy..and you seem to get crazy looks when you say your losing before. So glad it's friday ... Have a nice weekend all :wave:

Losing4another
01-15-2011, 12:52 AM
Ladies, have a WONDERFUL weekend and don't forget that the decisions we make will impact the baby process one way or the other... lets make it work for the better!

I'm going to print this :hug:

Bridezilla
01-15-2011, 09:19 AM
Hey everyone! I'm Christina. Definitely in it to win it! I have a few challenges other than the weight - PCOS/Fibromyalgia, and I'm 27 years old - getting married in two months. =) I've been having baby pangs for the last three years but my body is in no shape for that. I'm super overweight and need to lose quite a bit. I'm finally getting some help from my doctor and now am on Metformin and I just had my first period in over two years naturally. I was stunned and excited. I hope hope hope my body will continue to work the way it should as I lose weight and get healthier. It may be mid 2012 before we officially start trying to conceive but for now, I need to get my body prepared for pregnancy. I'm so happy to have found this thread. I definitely do better when I have support and accountability. =)

treezuk
01-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Thank you Honey Bee , its been tough buts its not the first time ive been through it unforunatly , i dont have PCOS ive been tested twice but this cyst just appeared out of the blue and just wont go hopefuly the dr will be doing something about it soon , I'm acutally really upset i did an hours excercise on the just dance 2 i did 7 songs and when i converted it into my wii fit for amount of cals burnt is said about 875cals which is fantastic :) well my af started 8 days ago its been just spotting since then and was the same last month for about 7/8 days then stopped then started spotting again through out the month well , i went to the loo before i started the exercise and there was nothing there i went again afterwards and blood everywhere and quite heavy i burst out crying as im so dissapointed how am i suppose to have a fitness regime if i cant excercise cos it brings on bad bleeding.... im guessing it must be something to do with the cyst but im very disheartened :(

19Deltawifey
01-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I'm still unsure if I am pregnant right now. This cycle has been the longest cycle I have ever had today is day 36! I don't know what the heck is going on, unfortunately me and my husband had sex during CD27 because I was thinking my period should be here on CD28-32 and usually CD27 is a safe day because I have already ovulated or what not. I did have egg white cervical mucus on cd27 but I just thought it was a fluke. It's not natural family plannings or fertility awareness fault because I should have abstained when I had EWCM but I was too focused on the cycle day instead of my mucus. We will be so happy if we are and if I'm not then I will definitely pay more attention and not slack like I did.

The pregnancy test came out negative yesterday and I plan to take another pregnancy test in a week. I feel pregnant a little bit and usually I know that I am pregnant before the test even tells me but who knows. I've been feeling sick every morning, I never had morning sickness but I always felt nauseous. I'm sort of getting used to the idea of being pregnant right now. When I gave birth to my 2nd child I weighed 228 the day I was induced, so I really need to focus on eating healthy and not using pregnancy as a excuse for eating any and everything. We always Well sorry for yapping away lol I just wanted to let you all know what was going on :hug:

treezuk
01-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Good luck with your next test whatever will be will be , sometimes these thigns happen when we dont expect them to :)

treezuk
01-15-2011, 06:57 PM
i forgot to say just1more , cute name and adorable little boy they grow sooo quick x

19Deltawifey
01-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Thank you so much Treezuk, I'm feeling so nauseous right now and the heartburn I am feeling is definitely unusual because it never happens when I'm NOT preg. I definitely think I'm pregnant right now, I'm just a little in denial but I don't want to get my hopes up and then it turns out that I'm not. Until I find get a positive pregnancy test I will continue to do WW in order to lose weight, and will definitely update my weight on Thursday. Good Luck ladies, and I pray that we all have pregnant bellies in the near future :)

19Deltawifey
01-15-2011, 08:46 PM
Sorry for my off topic post

On topic I ate all of my weekly points yesterday, which is totally normal during the weekend. I love the flexibility that WW offers, I only weigh weekly but sometimes I do peek especially the 2 days leading up to WI. My husband is leaving for the whole month of Feb. and this actually makes watching what I eat easier, I will miss him being here though. Thats part of being a military wife you get used to them being gone, it still sucks but you just deal with it.

My 3.5yo starts preschool in Feb. I can't believe how quickly kids grow up, and baby fever didn't start until he turned 3, with my daughter baby fever didn't start till she was 2. It's fine though but I feel like once it hits it doesn't go away lol.

treezuk
01-16-2011, 08:18 AM
I hope you get that posative test soon hun xxxx

AFM : I Lost 3lb's wooooohooooooo im so happy :cheer:

topsy81
01-16-2011, 10:23 AM
treezuk, well done on your 3lbs loss :) Go Girl xxx

I have eaten wayyyyyy to much the last few day, and not been to the gym, hurt my foot :( so think I will have gained :( On a plus point I stopped my pill 4 weeks ago, as I had heard it can take a while to get your cycles back to normal (we want to try from may time) and I got my period yesterday :)

Hope everyone is doing ok.

xxxx

19Deltawifey
01-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Treezuk- great job on the 3 lbs loss. Keep up the great work
Topsy-I ate waaay too much Friday but just get back on plan and you still might see a loss at your next WI.

I'm feeling good today, I stayed within my pts yesterday and now I'm just relaxing till tomorrow. Take care ladies.

MonsterMuffinTop
01-16-2011, 02:08 PM
Hi ladies! I would love to joing this group! Ive lost 45 lbs so far and would like to be 190ish before we ttc in april/may. We have a 3 yr old son and I can hoenstly say that it was the most miserable pregnancy because of how overweight i was. (240ish) I want another baby but am not willing to put myself or the baby through all of that again so now Im down to 215 and still working on it so hopefully ill reach my goal by april! I cant get rid of my baby fever!;)

Just1More
01-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Welcome to 19DA, BrideZ, and MMT! It's great that this was something ya'll were looking for!

Honestly I'm alittle shocked there isn't a subform for "Losing Weight Before Pregnancy" and another for "Losing Weight After Pregnancy".

Thank you all for the sweet words about my Nicholas. That pic was taken about 2 1/2 months ago he is so much bigger now! LOL! He is just so awesome! I love spending the weekends with him and any minute during the week I have with him is amazing. My husband stays at home and takes care of him, since he was a preemie we didn't want him going to daycare (hence why I am working so many hours). It's tough, but it's worth it.

I lost -3lbs this week and I'm out of the 250's thank you Jesus. Hopefully I'll be into the 230's by the end of Jan...That would be awesome! Super freaking Awesome!

Just1More
01-16-2011, 04:38 PM
treezuk, well done on your 3lbs loss :) Go Girl xxx

I have eaten wayyyyyy to much the last few day, and not been to the gym, hurt my foot :( so think I will have gained :( On a plus point I stopped my pill 4 weeks ago, as I had heard it can take a while to get your cycles back to normal (we want to try from may time) and I got my period yesterday :)

Hope everyone is doing ok.

xxxx

Good for you Topsy! :carrot:

treezuk
01-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Thanks Carly :) xxx

Monsteruffintop : welcome and good luck on your weightloss journey you sound like you are doing great so far so keep up the good work , i am lucky i had an ok pregnancy being larger but unluckily for me the birth was very tramiatic nothing to do with my weight just baby in distress for unknown reason which resulted in him being very ill but enough of that i understand your reasons for wanting to lose before you try again , that is why im trying to lose in the meantime so hopefully when the time comes to try again it will be easier x

MonsterMuffinTop
01-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Just1More Congrats on your 3 lb loss!!

treezuk Thanks :) I started my journey May of last year and lost 55 lbs by October..And then my husband came home from his deployment and for the last three months I have been completely off plan and have gained 10 of those lbs back :( So now Im trying to get back into my old rountine but its turning out to be so much harder then it used to be. Im just getting so frustrated! sigh

wantabetterme
01-17-2011, 11:29 AM
Hello all! I'd like to join. I'm so glad to have found this group. We were supposed to start TTC February 2010. In February I didn't have a period for the first time ever. I've always been on schedule. I didn't have one for 3 months straight. Went to the dr and was told I was prediabetic and needed to see if losing weight would straighten things out. I lost 20lbs from May to July. My blood sugar levels were back to normal and I was no longer considered prediabetic. I was given pills to jumpstart my cycle and they worked .... for one month only!!! I haven't been back to the dr. I had a period all on my own at the end of December which made me SO happy. I'm hoping this month it will happen again. I really want my problems to work themselves out without meds. I would like to start TTC once I hit 180 or below. My goal is August (fingers crossed).

I'm so thankful to have found this group. It will be so helpful to have others with the same goal and have someone to share in the triumphs and trials.

I weigh in on Mondays. I started my weight loss journey Jan 6th.

1/6 - 245.8
1/10 - 240.0
1/17 - 239.0
(6.8 lost)

19Deltawifey
01-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Monstermuffin- which military branch is your spouse in? I always lost weight during his deployment and it's so hard to keep it off when they come home.

Wantabetterme-Hi, and welcome. I hope your cycles get better, I bet it's very frustrating.

Hi everyone else

Well all last night felt a knot in my lower abdomen, I can't feel it with my hand but I definitely have a feeling something is in there. My lower back was hurting around dinner time, today is CD38 and I'm still wondering why I ovulated so late. Possibly this was meant to happen. I'm taking a PT on Friday, if I'm patient enough lol

Yesterday did really well with eating, today I'm not so hungry. I made some hot wings last night which turned out to be very spicy, my mouth was burning. I Love WW, I've heard that some OB tells their obese patients to stay on WW while preg to keep from gaining to much weight. When the time comes I will talk to my doc and see. I weigh as much as I did the day I gave birth to my son 3.5 yrs ago, and I developed preeclampsia with both of my kids so I'm sure my midwife would want to avoid this. Well take care ladies and I will definitely keep you updated about my situation

treezuk
01-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Did you test yet ?

19Deltawifey
01-17-2011, 04:21 PM
I tested yesterday and it was negative, still no period. I will test in a couple of days, I'm so impatient. I might test tomorrow though lol.

MonsterMuffinTop
01-17-2011, 07:15 PM
19deltawifey My husband is in the Army. And youre right its way hard keeping it off! But we finally have decided that if we want another baby then we BOTH have to get on plan so lets hope it works :)

wantabetterme Welcome! Cant wait to see your progress ! we can do this!

change
01-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Greetings All,
I wish you all the very best!! I started last March working hard to eat right and loose some weight in order to get pregnant and be healthier. It lasted for a few months and I did loose some weight and kept off what I lost. But, no luck at getting pregnant. So I am back on the bandwagon again now. I had a huge success this morning---169.0. I had hit 168-169 for a few days this past August and then I flatlined between 170 and 175 and haven't seen the 160's until this morning. I am excited to be at 169. Last year my goal was to be at 165 bf getting pregnant. That is definitely attainable.

19Deltawifey
01-18-2011, 12:21 PM
Hi ladies

I just wanted to give a quick update, took a test today and it's still says negative but no period in sight. I think these are false negatives but it's still too early, I'm not sure how many days past ovulation I am. I'm about 90% sure that I am pg, this is how it was with my other 2 pregnancies I knew I was pregnant before the test could tell me. I took my last pregnancy test today and I don't plan on buying anymore until the weekend, having PT in the house makes me constantly want to test and I need a mental break lol.

Well take care ladies, WW is still going great and I think I might be down .5 lbs at the weigh in on Thursday.

Just1More
01-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Change that sounds like a VERY doable goal! I wish I was as close as you are! But I'm just truck'n along! I will be 179lbs by Aug! I will I will!!! Anything beyond that is gravy...or lack there of!

Just1More
01-18-2011, 07:13 PM
19DW: I would definetly keep POAS until you are 10 days late, then schedule an appointment for a blood test. It isn't worth the co-pay until you are really past due on the Mrs. Flow.

Just1More
01-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Grrrr I've been derailed the scale went UP this morning! Stupid Grrrr!!! Stupid Stupid Stupid!

Oh well back on the wagon today!

Ladies this is a journey, I have to keep telling myself that...a journey, a journey....

Also I think I've found a way to get some excersize into my program. On my 30mins lunch break I can take part of that time and walk around my building, if I do 5 laps that is a mile...so...I'm gonna try!

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Hello passengers on the Baby Dust Train!

Just, darn! Sorry to hear that your scale went up. The good thing is that fluctuations in weight occur for various reasons, and that what's important is that you keep moving and shaking :D ... and oh yes this is DEFINITELY a journey!

Carly, I hope you get your confirmation soon! In the meantime, try to be mindful that you may be pregnant and take care of yourself accordingly - while also staying on plan and working towards your goals.

Change, Congrats on breaking into the 160's!!! Woohoo! Keep going and you'll be at your goal in no time.

BetterMe, congratulations on your 20lb weight loss and on getting your sugar levels down to normal! I know that it sucks having issues with TOM but I am confident that as you continue to get healthy and as your numbers continue to get better ... your chances of conceiving will improve greatly!

19Deltawifey
01-19-2011, 04:13 PM
CD40 wow I've never thought my cycle would go for this long. I'm definitely buying a pregnancy test on Friday if my period doesn't start by then. I'm honestly not expecting for my TOM to come since I have this heavy feeling in my uterus, and my boobs are feeling very heavy. I've also been cramping for over a week and have watery cervical mucus ( tmi sorry). I had cramps with my other 2 pregnancies and I would always have that feeling that maybe I was going to bleed any minute and it never happened.

My lower belly feels bloated, my weight has stayed the same which is understandable. I drank this weekend (I thought AF/TOM was coming that weekend, and we weren't ttc at all. More like trying to avoid lol). Since my period didn't start this past weekend I have started taking my vitamins everyday and eating more protein and less junk. I don't want to develop preeclampsia again, so I have to focus on the foods I choose.

I will definitely keep everyone updated and Friday might be the day I find out if I am or not. Who knows lol. Take care ladies tomorrow is weigh in for me and I think I maintained.

Just1More
01-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Any one else hate that because you are so heavy the 10lbs I just freaking lost NO ONE can tell...and you feel like an idiot saying, "I've lost 10lbs" because you still look freaking fat to everyone...

Grrrrrrrr I hate this body I'm stuck it. I'm going to seriously kick my rear end in gear and get this weight OFF I want people to NOTICE my hard freaking work!

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Any one else hate that because you are so heavy the 10lbs I just freaking lost NO ONE can tell...and you feel like an idiot saying, "I've lost 10lbs" because you still look freaking fat to everyone...

Grrrrrrrr I hate this body I'm stuck it. I'm going to seriously kick my rear end in gear and get this weight OFF I want people to NOTICE my hard freaking work!

Yep I understand! I just wanted to send you a friendly reminder that whether or not anyone else notices YET (i say yet because they will soon enough!), your future baby will certainly feel the results as they are growing comfortably and healthy and so will you!:hug:

Also, you lost 10 lbs - that's great! For some reason I thought I remembered you saying that the scale went up.

19Deltawifey
01-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Just1more-I hate it also. I did make a comment one time about my pants getting looser and then I thought to myself everyone is probably thinking you still have a long ways to go.

19Deltawifey
01-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Well ladies, I am PREGNANT!

I sent my dh to walmart and took a test tonight and sure enough 2 lines. I'm shocked because we weren't trying but we are very happy, especially after the shock wore off. My due date is 10/1/11. I'm at a loss for words right now.

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-19-2011, 08:14 PM

I sent my dh to walmart and took a test tonight and sure enough 2 lines. I'm shocked because we weren't trying but we are very happy, especially after the shock wore off. My due date is 10/1/11. I'm at a loss for words right now.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I know that you and DH were not necessarily planning it for this moment, but all things happen for a reason:carrot:. Continue to take care of your body and make super fantastic decisions.

Please keep us updated! Here's to a very happy and healthy pregnancy!

And lots of babydust for the rest of us!

MonsterMuffinTop
01-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Just1More

I know EXACTLY how you're feeling! I said the very same thing for months after I started my journey. I almost gave up actually because after 30 lbs no one could still see a difference. It was very disheartening. But i just want you to know that its going to take some time but it is very rewarding in the end! Dont give up! And what really helped me was to stop trying to find the gratification i needed from others. I found it in myself.

19deltawifey

Congrats!! I hope you have a safe and happy pregnancy! :hug: oh and Share some of the baby dust with the rest of us ;)

19Deltawifey
01-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Baby dust for everyone :) Thanks ladies, I'm still in shock but I'm pretty positive that I will be strong. I wish my family was closer, I'm way in Colorado and they are in Maryland. This will be my first time being pregnant while he is deployed but he should be able to come home for 2 weeks when I am about to give birth. He will be gone training for the whole month of February so I will have a little practice run for things to come lol.

My mom is so happy, she knows that I wanted 1 or 2 more kids so she wasn't shocked. My MIL said, "again!" I guess she thought we were done with 2 kids. She doesn't do much for her grandkids (my kids), so we aren't expecting anything different from her. I'm just so excited and I don't want to find out the sex of the baby till I give birth. Thanks ladies so much for listening to me going on and on about whether I was pregnant or not.

change
01-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Congrats on the pregnancy!!

Just1More
01-20-2011, 11:12 AM

CONGRATS!!!:congrat:

That is wonderful news! I'm wishing you sticky baby dust and I hope you continue to hang out in our thread because eating healthy during pregnancy is also important! I'm so happy and excited for you!

Just1More
01-20-2011, 11:15 AM
Yep I understand! I just wanted to send you a friendly reminder that whether or not anyone else notices YET (i say yet because they will soon enough!), your future baby will certainly feel the results as they are growing comfortably and healthy and so will you!:hug:

Also, you lost 10 lbs - that's great! For some reason I thought I remembered you saying that the scale went up.

Thanks hun!!! :hug:

Yes the scale did go up...but after a "movement" and some water by the afternoon is was back down again and my offical weigh in isn't until Sunday so I didn't want to "jump the gun" in reporting the "loss" yet. LOL, but I was just thinking about wanting to tell my hubby hey I've lost 10lbs, but then I thought it isn't like he can tell, so whats the point. :(

celesteb
01-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Deltawifey - Congrats! I expected it to be a couple months at least before we all started announcing upcoming babies but you sure don't waste much time! Nice work! I wish you a very healthy and happy pregnancy and, of course, a happy and healthy baby!

As for the comments about weight coming off and nobody noticing - it definitely happens at every size - I've been working my butt off (trying for the literal sense of that!) and I've lost 8lbs so far, 2inches off my waist and 2 1/2 off my hips but I'm definitely the only one that can tell...
The good news is that once people see how well you're doing, even though they mean well, they say things like "oh, you're doing so well, you can afford a little cheat" and it's really hard not to cave when someone compliments you like that!
So I guess we're all at the stage where our muscles ache, we're eating the right foods, and hoping for lots of baby dust - even if it's all a bit of a secret! Keep up the good work ladies!!!

treezuk
01-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Congratulations my son is a october baby , its hard going in the hot summer months but totally worth it :) YAY

topsy81
01-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Congratulations 19deltwifey, I hope you have a great 9 months xx

I gained 3lbs since last week :( so been eating the wrong things.

Back on track today, so hope next week will see a loss :) (fingers and toes crossed, and mouth shut to unhealthy food!!!lol!!! )

just1more-well done on your weight loss, you are doing great. I have lost 10lbs before and I HATE it no one can tell, maybe my jeans feel a tiny bit looser, but that's it :(

celesteb, well done on your 8lbs and your inch losses that's great :)

xxx

Losing4another
01-20-2011, 07:50 PM
OMG 19deltwifey congrats :D Your already giving us baby dust :hug:

Today was my weigh in @ weight watchers
1/6- 231.2
1/13- 230
1/20- 228.2
total loss to date 3 lbs

I'm keeping better track of calories now so hoping to have at least a 2lb loss next week

19Deltawifey
01-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Thanks ladies so much, and definitely lots of baby dust for everyone on this board. I'm gonna blame my BFP on the ladies with the cute little infants who attended the WW meetings that I went to. I swear its contagious lol. I will keep checking in on here and continue to eat healthy because I don't want to be induced (preeclampsia) like I was with my other 2 kids, and since I'm obese they only recommend me gaining less than 15 lbs.

We haven't thought of baby names yet, and I don't want to know the gender until I give birth.

aasshhlleeyy
01-20-2011, 10:06 PM
Just checking in to see how everyone is doing... anyone getting closer to that BFP?? lol

topsy81
01-21-2011, 12:28 PM
Hi girlies,

Well i am officially 3 months today off ttc :) yipee so wanna fast forward :)

Had a fairly healthy day, part from a latte I had, but it was made with skimmed milk, but might put me slightly over my cals, but only by 50 ish cals. it was a congratulatory drink as i passed the first part of an interview, just got to get through the second part on mon :)

Hope everyone is doing ok?

19deltawifey, I am sure you can carry on eating healthy throughout your pregnancy :)

xxx

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-21-2011, 12:54 PM
topsy - congrats on passing the first part of your interview. Go in and rock it on Monday!

Losing - Wooohooo!!! Way to go on your loss. Once you tweak your calories, you'll probably get that 2 lb loss that you're looking for!! You can do it!

aasshhlleeyy - how are you doing with your plan? are you currently ttc? i wont be ttc until late next year sometime. In the meantime I'm hoping to knock a lot of this weight off and continue learning to make healthy decisions.

Carly - how are you doing and feeling? We're all so happy for you!

Ok, today is my weigh-in... DRUMROLL PLEASE...

5 lbs loss since last week. YAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Have a great weekend everyone... and remember to be mindful of making GOOD, healthy choices. Our babies will be so grateful to us!

aasshhlleeyy
01-21-2011, 01:33 PM
MyBodyIsMyTemple: Im doing good so far I have lost 12lbs so far. Im just sticking to 1200 cals a day and work out 4-5 days a week. I had been ttc for almost a year with no success, so I decided to give it a break and focus on me. I would like to loose a good chunk of my weight and get healthy and then ttc again.

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-21-2011, 02:16 PM
MyBodyIsMyTemple: Im doing good so far I have lost 12lbs so far. Im just sticking to 1200 cals a day and work out 4-5 days a week. I had been ttc for almost a year with no success, so I decided to give it a break and focus on me. I would like to loose a good chunk of my weight and get healthy and then ttc again.

You can Call me 'honey bee' or 'honey' ... thats what most people call me.
Way to go on your 12lbs! That is a great weight loss.

Here's to continued weight loss for all of us ladies!

spunkystar01
01-21-2011, 02:19 PM
hey everyone! Mind if i join too! I can't wait to start TTC but, i have to shed some of this weight first!! I have just started this month, ive lost 5lbs, and I am going to keep plowing forward!! Eating about 1400 cal per day and lots of cardio!!

Everyone keep up the good work!!!

Losing4another
01-21-2011, 07:50 PM
aasshhlleeyy- Just a tad bit of weight loss and you just may get a surprise pregnancy while your taking some time for yourself :D

Honey- way to go :yay: five pounds is great!

topsy- good luck on the next part of the interview

Not sure if I will be able to TTC next month or not :( My dental issues may be returning. I want everything better before getting pregnant. Hopefully what I'm feeling is just scar tissue. I'll find out next friday if i have to have everything removed again. Fingers crossed for me ladies please :hug:

topsy81
01-22-2011, 04:03 AM
mybodyismytemple-well done on the 5lbs loss :) and thanks for the good luck wishes xxx

spunkystar Hi hun, good luck with losing weight for a ttc a little one. xxx

Looosing4another, thanks for the wishes, aw, hope you get on ok at the dentist.

Hpe everyone has a good day xxxx

MonsterMuffinTop
01-22-2011, 08:41 AM
1/15 -217
1/22 -214

3 lb loss this week! woohoo!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!

19Deltawifey
01-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Carly - how are you doing and feeling? We're all so happy for you!

Thanks so much ladies, I'm feeling very fatigued. After 1 hour of being awake I start yawning and now a nap is necessary during midday. My appetite hasn't picked up but my boobs are hurting. I'm still tracking my food using the WW pts system, I can't bring myself to stop counting pts and switch over to CC. I'm so lucky that I never get morning sickness but this also allows me to put on weight quicker during pregnancy. I meet with my midwife when I am 10 weeks, until then I am just enjoying not being poked with needles, and having a speculum shoved in my whoha lol.

Great job on the 5 pound weight loss. Ladies keep up the great work :hug:

Also the good thing about WW is they have a maintenance plan, weight loss plan, and breastfeeding plan. I've upped my setting to maintenance level.

Willow324
01-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Hi I want to join! Its funny how many things I read that I can relate too. Ive been TTC for almost a year now...going to an RE. 3 rounds of clomid didnt work and then we had issues with my husbands motility (resolved by surgery now hes good to go!) and this month I was all geared up for starting injections only to find out I have a huge cyst. Ive never had a cyst before and now I have to wait for it to reabsorb. If it doesnt by next cycle (induced- never had one on my own) I will have to get it drained. All these obstacles! In the mean time I am doing south beach. Before I get pregnant I would like to be at least 190!!!

Just1More
01-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Topsey I've hit a bump...lost 10lbs and now haven't lost a thing in a few days...grrrrr...

Just1More
01-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Honey Bee~~ **** YEAH CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS! YOU ROCK GIRL!!! :carrot:

Just1More
01-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Spunky and Willow welcome! I added you to the Baby Dust Train!

19DW I added you to the Pregnancy Roller Coaster! Hopefully we will all be joining you soon! :)

MonsterMuffinTop
01-25-2011, 11:48 AM
So..I need some advice ladies..pretty please :)

Every week Mon-Fri I work my butt off, dont cheat on food, stay within my calories etc etc and have been losing 3 lbs each Sat weigh in for the last couple weeks . But after i weigh in saturday I binge for the whole weekend! When Mon rolls around I have gained that 3 lbs back! So this whole month I have been gaining and losing the same 4 lbs and its killing me. I know I should stay on plan on the weekends as well but its turning out to be a lot harder then i thought.

How do you guys make it through the weekend??

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Topsey I've hit a bump...lost 10lbs and now haven't lost a thing in a few days...grrrrr...

Just, have you been sticking with your plan? Have you had some unexpected changes that may be contributing to it? Keep going. As you work through the kinks, the weight will continue to fall off!

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-25-2011, 12:02 PM
So..I need some advice ladies..pretty please :)

Every week Mon-Fri I work my butt off, dont cheat on food, stay within my calories etc etc and have been losing 3 lbs each Sat weigh in for the last couple weeks . But after i weigh in saturday I binge for the whole weekend! When Mon rolls around I have gained that 3 lbs back! So this whole month I have been gaining and losing the same 4 lbs and its killing me. I know I should stay on plan on the weekends as well but its turning out to be a lot harder then i thought.

How do you guys make it through the weekend??

How do I make it through the weekend: I remember that every decision I make will impact my baby plans and that I need to make the ones that will impact it for the better. I also make sure to have a general plan for what I'm going to do on the weekends.

Question for you muffin: what things have you noticed are triggering this for you on the weekend? What is different about your time on the weekend vs during the weeks (is it that you work mon-fri so on the weekends you're home mostly or you're out with friends eating, etc)?

I have to sign off for a bit as I'm heading to aquafit but wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing. I'll be back in a few hours.

Willow324
01-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Just1More: Thank you!!!
MuffinTop: You are definitely not alone. For me, its a behavior that needs modifying and just with everything else its practice! The only thing that has worked for me so far- South Beach phase 1. In 2 weeks you can get rid of all your cravings... you also stop wanting that food. I dont have will power but it's almost like its already modified my habits. I used to have the 'non diet' mentality where I ate whatever I wanted and a lot of it...now that im on a 'diet' I THINK about it before I eat it. I do mess up. But when I do its a single cookie, not a box! Its a complete overhaul of my binge habit. Now if I can only add exercise...

Just1More
01-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Just, have you been sticking with your plan? Have you had some unexpected changes that may be contributing to it? Keep going. As you work through the kinks, the weight will continue to fall off!

My grandmother had a heart attack and I've been emotionally eating...:( I feel like a failure..but I pledge to get ahold of my self starting tomorrow. I am going healthy food shopping tonight and have my meals PLANNED for the week!

HERE I GO HERE I GO I want OUT of the 240's very very badly!!! Like before Valentines day would be awesome.

Losing4another
01-25-2011, 04:11 PM
muffintop- I eat higher calories on the weekend but I keep them low during the week. My weight in day is thursday so i usually have a higher calorie day friday and saturday. Sometimes depending on how bad I am one of those days I will only have one sorta off plan day.. I still count calories I just plan all those higher calorie meals on the weekend.

Just1More
01-25-2011, 04:17 PM
MMT: I find that I can't "cheat", I can't have a "cheat meal", a "cheat day"...I can't get off track. The second I decide to slip up, my will power is smashed into a thousand pieces. I have learned that my "cheat meals" need to be Faaaaaaar apart. Like once I'm back on track my next "bad" meal will be for my birthday at the end of February.

I would suggest stopping the cheating on the weekends and follow through with your will power. Only give in to cheating for EXTREME circumstances, birthdays, holidays, weddings...but even when cheating stay reasonable, no all day binges.

Just1More
01-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Willow you are I have almost IDENTICAL goals. I just want to get alittle lighter before pregnancy, 179, instead of 188, but **** I'll take 188 ANY DAY OF THE WEEK~~~!!!! Good Luck Chicka!

Losing4another
01-25-2011, 04:21 PM
willow- I had to do a round of injections because I stopped responding to clomid. The cycle ended up getting cancelled because of timing and a hurriacane.. I went back to the RE two years later thinking I would have to do injections again but had also lost 20 lbs so the RE decided to give clomid another try and it worked not even the max dose either.. It's amazing what just a little weight loss can do... Hoping to head back to the RE in Feb .. I'd like to be a little less than what I weighed when clomid worked for me last year just to see if it makes a difference in how I respond this time around

MonsterMuffinTop
01-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Thannks for the advice Ladies. I think the idea of being able to "cheat" on the weekends to reward myself for being so good during the week is actually the worst thing I could be doing right now. This weekend I have a menu planned out in advance and hope to stick to it! Wish me Luck!

topsy81
01-27-2011, 03:49 AM
MMT: I find that I can't "cheat", I can't have a "cheat meal", a "cheat day"...I can't get off track. The second I decide to slip up, my will power is smashed into a thousand pieces. I have learned that my "cheat meals" need to be Faaaaaaar apart. Like once I'm back on track my next "bad" meal will be for my birthday at the end of February.

I would suggest stopping the cheating on the weekends and follow through with your will power. Only give in to cheating for EXTREME circumstances, birthdays, holidays, weddings...but even when cheating stay reasonable, no all day binges.

just1more, first i am so sorry about your grandmother hun, sending hugs xxxxxx

I am the same, so exactly the same the min i step of plan wham, I then eat rubbish grrr!!! That meal turn into a day and a weekend, I soooo now where you are coming from.

On the plus point, I got a job, well nearly ended up with 3!!!! They are like buses, all offers come at once!!! I am taking 2 cause one is on a as and when needed basis. In 1 of my jobs I need to go swimming ( I am a carer) so need to sort myself out i look awful in a costume :( start on 7th feb. that needs to be my first goal, to see if I can stay on plan till then.

Goodluck muffin for the weekend, let us know how it goes

xxxx

I am 205, so haven't gained, but haven't lost since last week!!!

Willow324
01-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Just1more- I am really feeling the pressure so really just getting below 200 would be OK with me! I just hope I dont gain more than 10 during pregnancy. Any amount of weight to make the meds work!

Losing4another- Im sure that 5-10% weight loss will make a huge change. When I got pregnant with my son 4 yrs ago I was 175 and responded to clomid.

Losing4another
01-27-2011, 10:27 PM
weigh in day @ weight watchers

1/6- 231.2
1/13- 230
1/20- 228.2
1/27- 226.6

My home scales are different from the WW's scale. My tickers show my home scale weight ..... and I'm 5 pounds down @ home :yay:. Almost there @ weight watchers ;)

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Hello to my fellow passengers on the Baby Dust Train!

Just, HUGS! I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. How is she and how are you?

Topsy, woohoo! Congrats on the new job. I also just got a new job and will be starting it next week. It's funny how all of those jobs came through for you at one time. That just shows how fantabulous you are!

Losing - way to go on your loss! Woohoo 5 lbs down and that much closer to planning for a healthy, and happy pregnancy:)

As for me... 3 lb loss on my weigh-in today! Yaaay! So happy about that.

Now that I'm going to be starting a new job and will be getting home later, I'm going to have to make sure that I have some cooked meals readily available so that I don't get caught up in the 'take-out' cycle (which is MY biggest weight gain culprit).

Have a wonderful weekend ladies.

Lily In Bloom
01-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Hi guys! I'd like to peek in and join, if you don't mind. A brief bit about me: My husband and I have not been using contraceptives since our wedding in June, however we are both overweight. I think this has probably been a factor in us not getting pregnant yet, although I know the websites say that many people even without health problems try for a year or so before getting pregnant. We're focusing on both getting healthy before we worry about other possible problems, and started south beach diet. So far I've lost 10 lb since the first of the year, and he's lost 5 since he joined me about 2 weeks ago.

I'm also working on a Ph.D in English, and so I'm very busy and very stressed all the time-- which means that TTC often takes a backseat to desperately needing sleep. I'd like to get down to around 170 or so before actually getting pregnant, but we'll see how it goes. For many reasons, this year may be the best time for me professionally-- sometimes I wish I could petition the powers that be to just take a little more care to think of my schedule (as if that were possible!)

Finally, I'm 29, and seeing all the women I went to college with have their first or second child. While I'm super happy for them, I sometimes get a little jealous looking at their facebook pages and photo albums. When I was little I always thought I'd have a huge family by now. Of course, when I was little I also thought I would be a marine biologist, so clearly I wasn't that great at predictions.

Just1More
01-29-2011, 12:14 PM
weigh in day @ weight watchers

1/6- 231.2
1/13- 230
1/20- 228.2
1/27- 226.6

My home scales are different from the WW's scale. My tickers show my home scale weight ..... and I'm 5 pounds down @ home :yay:. Almost there @ weight watchers ;)

Congrats! That's so awesome!

Losing4another
01-29-2011, 03:23 PM
just1more- thanks :hug:

Honey Bee- I won the 5lb challenge :yay:

Lily- Welcome to our little group

Looks like I'm able to move forward with TTC. Was waiting to make sure I didn't need anymore dental work that would require pain meds or xrays that wouldn't be safe for a baby in the making. Next step is making Dr appts to make sure all my hormone levels are where they should be

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-29-2011, 08:05 PM
just1more- thanks :hug:

Honey Bee- I won the 5lb challenge :yay:

Lily- Welcome to our little group

Looks like I'm able to move forward with TTC. Was waiting to make sure I didn't need anymore dental work that would require pain meds or xrays that wouldn't be safe for a baby in the making. Next step is making Dr appts to make sure all my hormone levels are where they should be

CONGRATS on winning the 5lb challenge!! I'm so happy you'd think I won LOL!!! You go girl!

Also, that is great TTC news! Best wishes on your dr appts, I so feel you on the hormone levels. Please keep us posted, and remember that you are getting closer and closer to your goal and your baby will be SOOO grateful!

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Hi guys! I'd like to peek in and join, if you don't mind. A brief bit about me: My husband and I have not been using contraceptives since our wedding in June, however we are both overweight. I think this has probably been a factor in us not getting pregnant yet, although I know the websites say that many people even without health problems try for a year or so before getting pregnant. We're focusing on both getting healthy before we worry about other possible problems, and started south beach diet. So far I've lost 10 lb since the first of the year, and he's lost 5 since he joined me about 2 weeks ago.

I'm also working on a Ph.D in English, and so I'm very busy and very stressed all the time-- which means that TTC often takes a backseat to desperately needing sleep. I'd like to get down to around 170 or so before actually getting pregnant, but we'll see how it goes. For many reasons, this year may be the best time for me professionally-- sometimes I wish I could petition the powers that be to just take a little more care to think of my schedule (as if that were possible!)

Finally, I'm 29, and seeing all the women I went to college with have their first or second child. While I'm super happy for them, I sometimes get a little jealous looking at their facebook pages and photo albums. When I was little I always thought I'd have a huge family by now. Of course, when I was little I also thought I would be a marine biologist, so clearly I wasn't that great at predictions.

Hi Lily, and welcome aboard the Baby Dust Train!

Way to go so far on your weight loss. As you continue to work towards your goal, you will be preparing your body in a great way for your unborn baby! Your odds of having a happy and healthy pregnancy increase greatly when you are in better health... that's something that I'm working towards.

Best wishes on your baby plans!

milasmommy87
01-30-2011, 12:07 AM
I would love to join! I'm looking to lose around 70 lbs by September, as that is when I want to start TTC! So far I'm down 5.5 lbs...

A little about me...

I'm 23, about to be 24 and have a 2 year old daughter. I am engaged to my fiance of 6 years, and work full time while going to school full time in order to get my Bachelor's in Business Management. The main reason that I want to lose weight before getting pregnant is that is was really hard to conceive my daughter at first, and my pregnancy wasn't all that happy. I ate everything in sight, and felt depressed about it the whole entire time. I'm not trying to repeat that whole situation this time around. I want to be a fit, healthy mommy who can take anything life can dish out. Nice meeting everyone!

Just1More
01-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Lily and Mila'sM, I've added you to our list!

I get on the scale tomorrow morning, but I'm pretty sure it'll be a 0lbs lost/gained week...oh well BACK ON TRACK tomorrow.

Just1More
01-30-2011, 04:34 PM
I would love to join! I'm looking to lose around 70 lbs by September, as that is when I want to start TTC! So far I'm down 5.5 lbs...

A little about me...

I'm 23, about to be 24 and have a 2 year old daughter. I am engaged to my fiance of 6 years, and work full time while going to school full time in order to get my Bachelor's in Business Management. The main reason that I want to lose weight before getting pregnant is that is was really hard to conceive my daughter at first, and my pregnancy wasn't all that happy. I ate everything in sight, and felt depressed about it the whole entire time. I'm not trying to repeat that whole situation this time around. I want to be a fit, healthy mommy who can take anything life can dish out. Nice meeting everyone!

We are aiming for Aug/Sept as well! And I have the same goal as you! :carrot: WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!:hug:

JourneytoMe
01-30-2011, 07:01 PM
Hey guys! I would loooooove to join in! I've got baby fever like nobody's business!
A little about me...my husband and I have been married coming up on two years in June. I'm hoping to get down to 200 before we start trying to conceive, unless my gyno has strong opinions against it. I would reallly love to start trying at the end of this year, however my husband thinks we should wait a couple of more years, citing things like financial situation and health as reasons to wait. So, if I can get my weight down and he gets the job that he's interviewed for (A GREAT JOB, Fingers crossed!!) then we're looking at sooner than two years! Eeeee! So exciting!

Lily In Bloom
01-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Hi guys! Hope everyone had a great weekend.

@Journey- I totally understand that whole 'better financial' situation thing. I'm a broke grad student and my hubby has been unemployed for a while now (so much so that I jokingly say that he's in training to be a house-husband).

But, I've only got about two years left on this degree, so my broke times are quickly coming to an end. Subtract from that losing weight time, and TTC time, and I think we're kinda in the same place ;-p

One thing I've been reminding myself, as I'm trying to work on losing weight and eating better, is that I really want to be permanently changing the way I eat so that hopefully whatever kids I have in the future will start learning good habits from the get go. The thing that I think is so hard is that there's so much conflicting info out there. Sometimes I feel like I have no idea what is or isn't good to eat. Right now I'm following South Beach diet, but some of the things I've been reading suggest that even things that SB says are ok (brown rice, some fruits, oatmeal) are still not good for you...

Just1More
01-31-2011, 10:31 AM
Holy HEADACHE Batman!

This pressure system that's moving into Texas (well across the entire country) is taring my head apart! I'm dying! I've taken 4 extra strength tylonol, I'm on my second bottle of water and I've been eating rice cakes and dried trail mix.

OMG Go Away already! How can I do my job when all I want to do is take some tylonol PM and crash!

PLUS I have my period! Fun fun fun! gotta love that crap!

Just1More
01-31-2011, 10:35 AM
Journey and Lily I wanted to share my story with you.

My husband and I moved half way across the country for each other. My husband from CA and me from NY and we settled in TX. I got a great job with benifits, but my husband struggled to find work in his field. Then the economy took a **** all over everyone and he really couldn't find work. 2years later, still no work. Then my IUD slipped out of place and along came my sweet little boy. He was born premature and we knew we wanted NOTHING to do with daycare, and since my husband wasn't working anyways, we decided he would stay home with the baby and I would continue to work and that is what we are doing now. We never had more than 1 income so we just made my salary work. He is an amazing father and his works for us right now. It's not ideal, but it works.

Lily In Bloom
01-31-2011, 10:43 AM
Just-

Thanks for sharing your story! It's cool to hear that that's working out well for someone. While I joke about him being a stay-at-home dad, he grew up w/o a father, and so I think if he ended up doing that he could be really happy. We've had some issues with his family though-- particularly his uncles. They have been making fun of him about being supported by me. Fortunately, we don't live near them, so that's only a problem around holidays.

I imagine that not having to pay for daycare must help at least a bit. I'm trying to be an English professor, so I'll never make a ton of money, but I should be able to support us if we're just a bit thrifty. I have been so far ;-p

Just1More
01-31-2011, 11:13 AM
Lily I bring home less than 35k a year after taxes and health insurance. And we make it work. I'm just a good budgetor...LOL

You have to just make sure your priorities are straight. It's hard...really freaking hard!!! But worth it :)

milasmommy87
01-31-2011, 11:29 AM
We are aiming for Aug/Sept as well! And I have the same goal as you! :carrot: WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!:hug:

Definitely! We'll keep each other motivated for sure!:dust::high:

Just1More
01-31-2011, 04:04 PM
OMG it's 3pm and my headache is just NOW gone...ugh...15hr headache is horrible!

milasmommy87
01-31-2011, 05:06 PM
Just- I feel exactly the same way...just started my period and now I'm all bloated and nauseated, got back cramps...ugh. Not looking forward to my WI on Wednesday...Does anyone know how the TOM affects their weight loss? Do you tend to retain more water, and thus weigh more?

opheliaphoenix
01-31-2011, 06:56 PM
I am so happy that there is a thread for this here! I just saw this come up at the top, and regaining my health to be able to conceive is one of the main reasons I have recently become reconsumed by the idea of weight loss and fitness. May I join in with you, ladies? :^:

As for a bit of my backstory, I am 26 years old and I have yet to have any children of my own. My husband and I got married this last October after three years together, and - over the past couple months - we've been talking about maybe actively ttc. I think maybe I am more anxious to start trying than him, but I think maybe that could be due to the fact that he already has two children from a previous relationship and the fact that we're just now starting to get everything sorted out financially. I understand that, but it hasn't dampened this weird, internal urge/desire/need to start a family that has only been building up more strongly within me over the past year or so. I was always that person who wanted kids "someday", but always shrugged the idea into the "nonforseeable future" and never allowed myself to give it much thought until I felt I was logically prepared.

It's funny how finally being with someone you love with your whole being and hitting your mid-20s can change that attitude so quickly and so entirely, lol. Did anyone else experience this? I've been feeling very hokey for considering the possibility of some metaphorical "biological clock" kicking on, but now I think it might be a legitimate notion.

Anyways, here comes the part where I'm concerned. I think I may have PCOS -- (when I first started writing this, I realized I'd written a couple paragraphs worth on just this, so I will save that for a thread in the PCOS forum that I also just saw you guys have instead!) -- and, it's been very painful for me to even think that I may not be able to have kids of my own with my husband. We haven't gone out of our way to ttc just yet, but we stopped using any kind of preventative measures quite some time ago and haven't conceived. Now that I have medical insurance through the military, I figured now would be the best time to go back to the doctor and see if I'm right or if my cycles have stopped because of my weight gain alone. Either way, I want to lose weight so I can be healthy and regulate my system, as well as give my body a better chance of being able to get pregnant & be a healthy source of developement of any child I may one day conceive.

Also, even though he doesn't have much weight to lose, my husband said that he will join me in whatever I do to help make us a healthy family together, and that makes me want it even more. I can't wait to see what 2011 brings for us...and, hopefully, that will also include a baby! Is it possible to love something so much before it even exists? :o

I hope every one of us on this thread is able to make great strides towards our goals for our families this year, and I'm excited to see what we can accomplish together! :grouphug:

Emme
01-31-2011, 08:54 PM
I would love to join this thread! I am 31 years old (will be 32 in May) and sometimes I feel so old when it comes to talking about kids because we don't have any yet.

I've been with my husband for nine years (married for one), and we originally agreed to begin TTC this spring, but he went back to school and will be done next June. Also, we are trying to pay off our debt and are on track to have it paid off around September...so, we just had a discussion today to wait until December...yowsa, that seems like a really, really long time away for me. But, I know the year will go by quickly, and I'll have more time to work on my weight loss and getting healthy, while we are also working on becoming debt-free. He is very big on making sure we have the most stress-free environment for future kids, so I have to be patient.

I just hope I am going to be ok with fertility and all that good stuff. It makes me nervous to be close to 33 by the time I may get pregnant, but my 42 year old aunt just gave birth to her first baby, so I have hope. :)

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you, and best of luck to everyone on your journey!

Lily In Bloom
01-31-2011, 09:45 PM
Hi to ophelia and emme!

@ophelia, I know what you mean about starting to believe in the biological clock, I always thought that was super hokey too. But the last 2 years or so it has been way more on my mind...

@emme- I agree on the age thing. I think my intro is a page or two back, but I'm turning 30 this year, and haven't had a baby (or been seriously trying until recently). A lot of my friends are working on #2 or 3! That's good to hear about your aunt tho ;-p

celesteb
02-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Ooooooh this is hard!!! I'm lacking motivation, ladies! I had a great first few weeks, then last week was TOM, bad food, and just a few workouts and I gained 2 lbs! Not cool!

I guess the good news is that I went to the doctor last week and she said that I'm pretty much good to go as far as TTC (although it'd be ideal if I weighed 25lbs less!).

I need a butt-kick! Help!

JourneytoMe
02-01-2011, 07:32 PM
So, great new ladies!! My husband got the job he interviewed with!!!! One step closer to baby!!

Just1More
02-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Congrats Journey that's fantastic!

JourneytoMe
02-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Congrats Journey that's fantastic!

Thanks!!! I feel like everything is beginning to line up! Life is good today!! :D

chickadee32
02-02-2011, 01:17 AM
I just saw this thread, and would like to join you all here if that's ok.

A little bit of background... I'm 32, and my husband and I have been trying to conceive for the last 13 months with no success. Over the past 8 months my cycle has become VERY irregular, and I only had two periods during the last 6 months of 2010. I've had every test imaginable done over the last two months, and with the exception of slightly elevated testosterone and a cyst on one of my ovaries, I seem to be in good health - EXCEPT for my weight, which has always been a problem for me. My husband and I will likely be beginning some sort of fertility treatment soon (last step before that is my husband's sperm analysis), but I need to work on losing the weight to give me a better chance of ovulating regularly, conceiving and having a healthy pregnancy.

My weight has always been a problem and has always made me feel badly about myself, but I've never been motivated enough to do something about it until now. So, I began just 2 weeks ago, and things are going well so far! I'm counting calories (1300-1500/day) and have just started exercising. I don't know what my weight was on the day I began (Jan 18), but as of tonight I've lost 12.6 lbs. since my Jan 3 OB/GYN appointment. Perhaps even better, I got my period Jan 27 - exactly 28 days after my last period! I desperately want to be pregnant and so TOM is always disappointing in that way, but even getting my period on a regular schedule feels like an accomplishment after my frustrating last 6 months!

So that's where I am today. I will be working hard to improve my weight and health, and I hope that sometime in 2011 I'll be able to post in this thread with excitement that we've finally conceived. :)

Losing4another
02-02-2011, 03:11 AM
Welcome to all the new ladies! Our little group is growing :D

Chickadee- great news getting Tom.. I feel the sam way about getting tom.. Atleast when she comes I know something is working right in there. I was some what regular before gaining the holiday weight... hopefully once I lose it she'll come back.. at all would be nice at this point!

Emme- I'm 32 and sometimes feel to old but then my older friends are popping out babies left and right .. it's only the friends that had their families complete while in their twenties that make me feel old I think..

Hope everyone is plugging along.... Actually looking forward to my WW meeting thursday :D

Lily In Bloom
02-02-2011, 08:55 AM
I hear you guys about being a little said every time TOM comes around. I just try to remind myself that this means there's one more month for my hubby and I to focus on ourselves and making sure we're creating the best environment possible for our future baby.

Also, I know this is totally silly, but it would be perfect if I could get pregnant in August-September- that would be a May-June due date and then I could have all summer with out having to worry about time off or anything (I'm a teacher). Any one else have an "ideal" time frame? Of course I also feel like any time is a good time, but if I got to schedule, that's what I'd pick ;-p

Oh, and down 1lb! 203 and 5% lost!

Just1More
02-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Lily your ideal time is also my ideal :)

celesteb
02-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Lily - I am a teacher too but I was told that a summer due date is the WORST possible timing since I'd lose pay for the following summer (I guess it's a glitch with our teacher's union medical coverage here in Canada!) So if you have employer-paid medical insurance or are covered by a teacher's union, call them first to make sure that you're properly covered for your mat leave. My ideal time is ASAP, haha!

Losing4another
02-03-2011, 08:19 PM
weigh in day

1/6- 231.2
1/13- 230
1/20- 228.2
1/27- 226.6
2/3- 226.2

Finally 5 pounds down at weight watchers.. As for the home scale I hate it hate it hate it.... It showed a gain this morning .. then showed a 3 lb loss then back to a 2 pound loss.. I changed the battery and it stayed at the 1 lb gain. I thought I did really well this week but the scales are not showing it. Was happy to have a little loss at weight watchers was just hoping it would be more...Today was my 4th weight in from start weight and I only lost 5lbs.... Needed to whine a little bit :D

chickadee32
02-04-2011, 02:02 AM
I used to have an ideal time frame (I was really hoping for April/May of this year - right after my qualifying exam), but now my time frame is - whenever it happens, I'll take it! :lol:

To be honest, I'm kind of hoping to avoid December. My mother's birthday is Dec 4 and she's told me all my life how much she hates having a birthday so close to Christmas. My husband and I are jewish, but our families aren't and so it's still a busy time of year. But I'll totally take December if that's when it happens!

treezuk
02-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Hey Girls

sorry i havent been around for a while i wasnt getting any notifications for this thread so i thought no one was commenting its only that i checked on the off chance that i saw people were replying... My weightloss is going slow first week i lost 3lb , then i put 2lb back on due to not being able to exercise due terrible menstral bleeding which lasted 19 days before i saw dr to get something to stop it , then i lost 2lb that i put on and that brings me back to 3lb loss im hoping for at least 1lb on sunday when i weight in FX anyways....

As for the ttc business still dealing with a huge cyst i have had another scan a few days ago and its still there but dont know if its got bigger or not i just spoke to my GP and she is gonna speak to my consutalnt and try and see whats going on cos there dragging there heels.... then maybe we can get back to ttc again x

MyBodyisMyTemple
02-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Hi ladies, I have to head off to work, but I did my WI today and I am down 5 lbs this week!! I am down 18 lbs in about 28 or so days.Woohoo! Time to go start a new 5lb thread.

Have a good day and I'll reply more this weekend.

celesteb
02-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Honeybee - Whoo hoo! You rock! Keep up the hard work!
Teresa - The cyst thing is sooo frustrating since you can't really do anything to control it. Keep up working on what you can control - even if it not even for your future baby but just for YOU and YOUR HEALTH! Keep thinking positive - it'll happen!

flsunbmr
02-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Hi all....is it too late to join? I'm trying to get to my healthy weight to conceive #2 this year. Although, I'm not trying to NOT conceive until I reach my goal. Does that make sense? I'm (38) and had difficulty getting pregnant the first time, and I'd like to be a healthier weight for a second pregnancy. (my 1st is 17 months. I was ~220 when I got pregnant 1/09 and 252 when I delivered 9/09.)

Anyway, I'm trying to kick-it up a notch with my exercise and eating and see how far I can get in the next 3 months to jump start things. Ultimately, I'd like to be pregnant by October, so I would deliver before I'm 40 (July 2012). UGH, i hate even typing that. But, that's where I'm at!

Emme
02-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Hi everyone! I weighed in today at 190.0...my goal for May(ish) is to be at 165 because that is when my husband and I were thinking of TTC, but we've decided to wait to TTC until December so that gives me some more time to get healthier and lose more weight. I would like to maybe get down to 150, but I'll change my signature once I've hit my original goal of 165 ;)

Just1More
02-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Hi ladies, I have to head off to work, but I did my WI today and I am down 5 lbs this week!! I am down 18 lbs in about 28 or so days.Woohoo! Time to go start a new 5lb thread.

Have a good day and I'll reply more this weekend.

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

YOU GO GIRL! YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION!

Just1More
02-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Hi everyone! I weighed in today at 190.0...my goal for May(ish) is to be at 165 because that is when my husband and I were thinking of TTC, but we've decided to wait to TTC until December so that gives me some more time to get healthier and lose more weight. I would like to maybe get down to 150, but I'll change my signature once I've hit my original goal of 165 ;)

Emme! That is awesome! Great job! :carrot:

Just1More
02-04-2011, 05:36 PM
4 new members aboard the baby dust train!

Opheliaphoenix
Emme
Chickadee32
flsunbmr

WELCOME!!!!

JourneytoMe
02-04-2011, 05:47 PM
I'm loving reading everyone's updates and progress. I've been thinking over the past few days things I could do now, that would have a positive impact on the future of conceiving/carrying/caring for a child. I've got the weightloss plan on track (6 pounds down in a little less than two weeks! yay!) I'm not drinking, smoking, using drugs. I'm taking prenatal vitamins. Any other tips from you guys that have little ones? I was thinking about exercise. Are there any exercises that would benefit me in carrying and labor? Just some thoughts! Have a great weekend everyone!

chickadee32
02-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Are there any exercises that would benefit me in carrying and labor?

My best friend and sister-in-law credit pilates and yoga, respectively, for their "easy" labor. Both of them pushed for a very short time and felt better than they expected after delivery. Not sure if others have had that experience, but it makes intuitive sense to me.

Just1More
02-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Journey squats, u need to strengthen your legs for pushing. Yoga and cardio for endurance.

Just1More
02-05-2011, 01:26 PM
I think this snow and ice is finally melting....!!!

flsunbmr
02-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Hi everybody. I'm excited to finally cross that 200 mark! Can't lie, I worked out 6 days last week, and thought I'd lose more than 2 lbs., but i suppose 2 lbs. is better than no lbs.! I just feel impatient......

My dh informed me this weekend that he really doesn't want to "try" until I reach my goal weight. :-( I think I just need to lay off the "baby talk" a bit. He's also worried about the $$ with a 2nd baby.

SIGH.......

Just1More
02-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Hi everybody. I'm excited to finally cross that 200 mark! Can't lie, I worked out 6 days last week, and thought I'd lose more than 2 lbs., but i suppose 2 lbs. is better than no lbs.! I just feel impatient......

My dh informed me this weekend that he really doesn't want to "try" until I reach my goal weight. :-( I think I just need to lay off the "baby talk" a bit. He's also worried about the $$ with a 2nd baby.

SIGH.......

That's why I didn't tell my DH my goal weight because men have NO IDEA what 135lbs looks like when we are standing in front of them at 200+ pounds. I know that I carry my weight very well once I'm down around 200 and my DH doesn't have a clue that I'm actually that heavy. I know if I told my DH that my goal was 179 before I got pregnant, he'd be like THAT'S NOT THIN ENOUGH! But he has no idea what I'll look like at 179, When I'm there I'm sure he'll think I'm in the 150's.

I think you are right, just lay off the baby talk and don't annouce to him everytime you loose a pound either. Soon enough you'll be thinner than you've ever been and you'll be knock'n boots and making a baby. Atleast that's my plan :D;):carrot:

Just1More
02-07-2011, 10:24 AM
YEAH I get to make a SIGNATURE now!!! :carrot: I can't wait...hope I can get the ticker to work...

Just1More
02-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Tree~ I visited your chart at FerF. and I don't see your temps?

chickadee32
02-07-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm very frustrated by my weight loss this past week, and I'm trying to keep from getting discouraged. Wednesday morning is my official weigh in time. Last Wednesday when I weighed, I'd lost a LOT during the previous week - 5.2 lbs. Since last Wednesday, though, I'm down only 0.6 lbs. :( I've been totally on plan this past week - calories under my limit, eating well (never get enough veggies though), and I've been to the gym 3 times in 5 days. It's frustrating! I know I won't see big losses all the time, and I know sometimes the scale won't move at all - but I still really wish it would!!

My dh informed me this weekend that he really doesn't want to "try" until... I heard a lot of "I don't want to try until..." from my husband, for a long time. I'm sorry. Whatever his reason (reasonable or not), I know how frustrating it can be when you really want to ttc. :hug:

Just1More
02-07-2011, 10:34 AM
I'm very frustrated by my weight loss this past week, and I'm trying to keep from getting discouraged. Wednesday morning is my official weigh in time. Last Wednesday when I weighed, I'd lost a LOT during the previous week - 5.2 lbs. Since last Wednesday, though, I'm down only 0.6 lbs. :( I've been totally on plan this past week - calories under my limit, eating well (never get enough veggies though), and I've been to the gym 3 times in 5 days. It's frustrating! I know I won't see big losses all the time, and I know sometimes the scale won't move at all - but I still really wish it would!!

I heard a lot of "I don't want to try until..." from my husband, for a long time. I'm sorry. Whatever his reason (reasonable or not), I know how frustrating it can be when you really want to ttc. :hug:

Keep your head up chicka!! Also check your SALT intake. You can be retaining fluid because of it. Increase your water, decrease your salt and I assure you by Wed, you will be down more than .6lbs!

Salt is the devil. :devil:

chickadee32
02-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Keep your head up chicka!! Also check your SALT intake. You can be retaining fluid because of it. Increase your water, decrease your salt and I assure you by Wed, you will be down more than .6lbs!

Salt is the devil. :devil:

I was definitely thinking about the salt, and I know I didn't drink as much water yesterday as I should have. Back on the water today, and I'll watch the sodium!

flsunbmr
02-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Just1More -- I think men sometimes have NO IDEA period! Ha! Good grief, I wish I never told him my goal weight! Officially laying off the baby talk for a bit...

Chickadee32 -- SOOO frustrating!

I'm so happy I found this forum...i'm feeling better sharing with people who "get it"

MonsterMuffinTop
02-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Hey ladies! These last couple weeks have been hectic so I havent been on. I havent lost any weight but i havent gained any either so thats good! LOL

DH and I just found out we have to move *sigh* Hes in the Army so we knew this was coming but it totally messed up our TTC plans! We were shooting for this month to start trying but now because of the move we are going to wait until after summer, august or september time. The good part about that is now i have more time to get to my goal weight! woot woot!

Today is my first day back on plan and im hoping for a good week! Hope you ladies have one as well!!

Emme
02-07-2011, 10:56 AM

SIGH.......

Oh, you sound like me and my husband...we originally agreed last year that we would start TTC for our first child this spring, so I set my weight loss goal for May. Then, with him being back in school and having to work full-time and student teach next March, we aren't sure what's going to happen financially (if he'll need to quit his job to student teach)...and if I got pregnant in the spring and delivered in March/April that would be the worst timing. So, we agreed to wait until December. That is quite a lot longer than I wanted to wait, but it is for both of our sanity and it is to make sure we are ok financially as well. I have learned to be excited and make this year the "year of us" before trying for a baby in December. :)

Just1More
02-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Hey ladies! These last couple weeks have been hectic so I havent been on. I havent lost any weight but i havent gained any either so thats good! LOL

DH and I just found out we have to move *sigh* Hes in the Army so we knew this was coming but it totally messed up our TTC plans! We were shooting for this month to start trying but now because of the move we are going to wait until after summer, august or september time. The good part about that is now i have more time to get to my goal weight! woot woot!

Today is my first day back on plan and im hoping for a good week! Hope you ladies have one as well!!

Hey there is an upside because Aug/Sept is when alot of us ladies are going to TTC! :hug::D:hug: We'll all be peeing on sticks together!

MonsterMuffinTop
02-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Hey there is an upside because Aug/Sept is when alot of us ladies are going to TTC! :hug::D:hug: We'll all be peeing on sticks together!

woohoo!! I cant wait! :carrot:

MonsterMuffinTop
02-07-2011, 11:23 AM
I just calculated the weeks I have left till september and if I stay on plan from now until then and work super hard I could be at my goal weight!! Ive been on my WLJ before DH and I decided to even have another baby so Ive been wanting to hit that goal weight for a loooong time now! Im so excited! Now i really need to get my butt into gear and stop messin up! I already know how to do it now i just need to actually do it!

Just1More
02-07-2011, 11:32 AM
As soon as my next period starts I'm going to start temping and charting to make sure I'm ovulating and how my body is working. I'm off all forms of BC right now because I was on loestron and it wasn't working for me all this breakthrough full on periods 2 weeks into it, it was weird. So I want to start charting and just avoid having sex on the days I'm fertile. And then when Aug/Sept rolls around I'll know exactly when we need to do the deed.

I'm nervous with NOT being on BC, but I know it'll help me regulate, and it'll help me loose weight to not being on the hormones.

Anyone else temping right now? How do you do it? I sleep with my mouth open so they recommend me taking vaginal temps every morning...WEIRD...haven't down it yet...NOT looking forward to it....

Just1More
02-07-2011, 11:34 AM
I just calculated the weeks I have left till september and if I stay on plan from now until then and work super hard I could be at my goal weight!! Ive been on my WLJ before DH and I decided to even have another baby so Ive been wanting to hit that goal weight for a loooong time now! Im so excited! Now i really need to get my butt into gear and stop messin up! I already know how to do it now i just need to actually do it!

Just check out my Ticker it's got the exact count down until Aug 30th. :high:

Emme
02-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Anyone else temping right now? How do you do it? I sleep with my mouth open so they recommend me taking vaginal temps every morning...WEIRD...haven't down it yet...NOT looking forward to it....

What the ?!?!?! I have never heard of that before...yeah, I wouldn't be looking forward to it either!

skygirl
02-07-2011, 12:13 PM
I want to be part of this too. :) I share the same goal and I love reading about all of the excitement and hope.

Just1More
02-07-2011, 12:21 PM
What the ?!?!?! I have never heard of that before...yeah, I wouldn't be looking forward to it either!

It's actually the most accurate way to get your basal body temp. You have to take it with a thermometer that shows temp out to the second decimal point for like 98.67. You have to take it RIGHT when you wake up before you sit up or stand up. Most people do it by mouth. But since I know that I drink water in the night and I breath through my mouth they recommend vaginal instead. I'm just hoping to do it correctly and chart sucessfully for a month. This way I'll see if I am ovulating and how long my cycles are. You also focus on your cervial muscus which sounds gross...but it makes you really understand your body, more than I've ever understood it before.

My last pregnancy was a total SURPRISE!!! I had an IUD and everything and we had sex ONCE the month I concieved it was just crazy. So I've never done any of this "planning" before it's rather exciting, even if it's half a year away.

Just1More
02-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Welcome Skygirl!

Do you have any children yet? When are you aiming for TTC? What are doing in order to loose the weight?

Willow324
02-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Emme- How did you lose so much weight?
Just1More- funny, my husband weighs about 195 and is 6'2" and has NO idea how much i weigh..if youd ask him hed say 150! He does know that I wear a 16 though...I would NEVER tell him my weight...unless of course I was 150!

As for me, taking my provera now so once I get my period (end of the month) I go in to the RE for an ultrasound to see if my cyst went away. If it did I get to start injections, repronex...if its still there I need to get a referral for a gyno and get the cyst drained....time! Ive been going for almost a year and my anxiety level is rising.

Emme
02-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Emme- How did you lose so much weight?

A lot of it in the beginning was changing my eating habits and just trying to move a bit more. I ate corn dogs, waffles, McDonald's, drank lots of diet pop, etc. I started my weight loss journey a few years ago and started drinking water all the time and very gradually changing what I ate...trust me, it wasn't overnight. Now I eat whole wheat instead of white, I chow down on veggies, and I just have a different outlook on food and what is healthy for my body since it needs fuel to keep moving.

I also tried to exercise at least 4-5 times a week because I do enjoy exercising as long as it can be fun (like racquetball, rollerblading, long walks w/the hubby, etc). But, it isn't always fun and some days it kills me to get on the treadmill.

I maintained between 195-200 for this past year and decided now was the time to start losing the last portion of weight that I need to lose. Now I am counting calories which is something I didn't do before.

Losing4another
02-08-2011, 02:03 PM
My scale has started to move again so happy about that. I'm thinking it may have been from not eating enough calories. For two days I just ate whatever I wanted and lost weigh the next day each time I stopped counting points. Maybe I'm doing it wrong I don't know. Can't wait to get started TTC again! I used to hate all the Dr appts and the up and downs of it but I'm ready... whatever it takes ;) Should be able to start the end of march .. As long as I get okay levels with blood work.

celesteb
02-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Hey Ladies!
Here's a bit of progress, so to speak... I've been diagnosed with hypothyroidism (which explains this weight gain and difficulty getting it off, as well as other things) so if you don't have a lot of energy, need to lose weight, have brittle nails, a sensitivity to cold, etc. you might want to have your doctor test your thyroid. My doc knows that I'm now TTC and told me that if it had gone undiagnosed, it could cause infertility, complications with pregnancy, birth defects, and more commonly, low iq in babies! YIKES!

It's also VERY COMMON in women and genetic factors are huge with this condition (I should have known - I'm the last of my very large family to be diagnosed!)

Other than that, of course, last week I only lost the 2 period pounds that I put on :(.

How is everyone doing?

treezuk
02-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Just1more : I havent charted in a while cos were not really ttc at the moment cos of the cyst but once its sorted i plan to start charting again as ill be on clomid to help me O....

Thank you celeste :)

Sorry im so slow replying its not letting me know about posts think i need to recheck settings x

MonsterMuffinTop
02-09-2011, 07:40 AM
Today is day 3 of no smoking!....i never knew it would be this hard. *sigh* but its so worth it! for the future baby and myself!

JourneytoMe
02-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Today is day 3 of no smoking!....i never knew it would be this hard. *sigh* but its so worth it! for the future baby and myself!

Way to go Lady!!! :carrot:

JourneytoMe
02-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Has anyone been watching that show on lifetime "one born every minute" ...I'm loving it! Seems pretty realistic, an is pretty funny :) Gives me an outlet for my baby fever!

Emme
02-09-2011, 12:17 PM

That is awesome!!! Keep up the good work. It will benefit you and the future baby so much!

Has anyone been watching that show on lifetime "one born every minute" ...I'm loving it! Seems pretty realistic, an is pretty funny :) Gives me an outlet for my baby fever!

I recorded this show last night and can't wait to see it...looked pretty cool!

My week is going pretty well. I'm down to 188.8 as of this morning, so I'm happy to have moved into the 180s.

Just1More
02-09-2011, 04:20 PM

EXCELLENT! YOU GO GIRL! HANG IN THERE! I HEAR AFER DAY 3 IT IS ALL JUST MENTAL! Then after 7 days it's just occupying your mind!

MonsterMuffinTop
02-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Thanks ladies! this is like my tenth time trying just within the last couple months and this is the best and furthest ive ever gotten. So im crossin my fingers that after day 7 ill be ok!

My week is going pretty well. I'm down to 188.8 as of this morning, so I'm happy to have moved into the 180s.

Congrats!! :carrot::carrot: I cant wait until im in the 180's :D

MonsterMuffinTop
02-09-2011, 06:38 PM

Ive neve heard of it. Whats it about??

skygirl
02-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Welcome Skygirl!

Do you have any children yet? When are you aiming for TTC? What are doing in order to loose the weight?

Thanks Just1More! :) This will be our first, and we hope to start TTC this summer. I am following a lower carb plan with a focus on whole foods. I struggle with binge eating issues, so I focus on keeping processed foods to a minimum. Exercise is mostly walking, weight lifting, and pilates.

What about you?

Wow, congrats on this MonsterMuffinTop! Cute avatar by the way. :)

Emme
02-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Ive neve heard of it. Whats it about??

It's a show about labor and delivery...they try to make it as light-hearted as possible...it's really cute.

MonsterMuffinTop
02-09-2011, 09:42 PM
I went online and watched the episodes :) they were actually pretty cute! When i told DH he just rolled his eyes cuz ive already been watching all the bringin home baby shows on TLC lol. oops. I cant help it! I have baby fever! September cant come quick enough!

flsunbmr
02-10-2011, 09:19 AM

Just wanted to throw in my congrats! When I had my daughter, in Sept. 09, my husband quit. He had been a long-time smoker and promised me that he would quit by the time the baby was born. He sure waited to the last day, and the day she was born he had his last cigarette! If HE can do it, you can too! For him, he had to do it cold turkey. He is SO proud of himself, and I'm proud of him too. He said everyday was a little easier and it really helped to change other things that he associated with smoking. For instance, he does not have morning coffee any more, because that was his "breakfast" ... coffee and a cigi. Can you imagine quitting smoking AND coffee at the same time?!? Anyway, congrats again!!!! :D

flsunbmr
02-10-2011, 09:33 AM
... I've been diagnosed with hypothyroidism

Hey there...I'm also hypothyroid. Mine presented a couple months post-partum, with some crazy symptoms. I guess it's pretty common to have thyroid issues following pregnancy. However, I also have struggled with my weight, have dry skin, low energy, depression, etc. for many many years before I had my daughter. Also, I had 2 miscarriages before the baby, and my endocrinoligist said that it's hard to tell if my thyroid issues contributed to my infertility issues, or were a result of my pregnancy. I ended up taking clomid for my successful pregnancy, and will take it again this time. My OB is in the mindset of "it won't hurt" to have that extra boost, especially due to my age and my history of miscarriage. Anyway, I've been on Synthroid for about a year now, and I have to tell you the thing I've noticed the most is feeling more clear-headed, better focussed and more energy. I wish it was like a magic "diet pill" for me, my weight still fights me coming off! (but I'm a chronic "cheater" / emotional eater). But, with a better energy level and more focus, I seem to be able to fit exercise in and fight those binge-type urges a little better. My endocrinoligist tells me that even though my thyroid level has been stable for many months now, during pregnancy it's important to get your bloodwork often, as the pregnancy hormones can do wacky things to your thyroid!

Losing4another
02-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Posting my updated weigh in's

1/6- 231.2
1/13- 230
1/20- 228.2
1/27- 226.6
2/3- 226.2
2/10- 225.2

Still slow and steady.. :carrot:

I'm hypothyroid as well.. I believe it's been 7 years since I was diagnosed... it's not a magic pill for me either. I'm also on metformin for PCOS. Anyone else taking metformin?

Just1More
02-10-2011, 07:18 PM
MMT how's the quiting going?

Losing4another
02-11-2011, 08:38 AM
YAY got tom :lol: Tom has been MIA since I gained the holiday weight... Glad shes back WITHOUT meds :D

MonsterMuffinTop
02-11-2011, 09:37 AM
MMT how's the quiting going?

Day five and still going great! Still is really hard and im realizing that im snacking alot during the day to try to curb my cravings for the cigi but im getting there slowly but surely. With the stress and extra snacking im betting on a gain this week even tho ive worked out every day. *sigh*

MonsterMuffinTop
02-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Just wanted to throw in my congrats! When I had my daughter, in Sept. 09, my husband quit. He had been a long-time smoker and promised me that he would quit by the time the baby was born. He sure waited to the last day, and the day she was born he had his last cigarette! If HE can do it, you can too! For him, he had to do it cold turkey. He is SO proud of himself, and I'm proud of him too. He said everyday was a little easier and it really helped to change other things that he associated with smoking. For instance, he does not have morning coffee any more, because that was his "breakfast" ... coffee and a cigi. Can you imagine quitting smoking AND coffee at the same time?!? Anyway, congrats again!!!! :D

I have to do it cold turkey too. I tried cutting down the amount every week for the last two months but as soon as something stressful happened, i went right back up to my original amount just because they were there. So i finished my last pack sunday night and decided i wasnt buying anymore! And i totally get the changing other things that i associate with smoking. Right now I cant even go out my side door becasue thats the door i always went out to go smoke. :p its going to be a long hard process i think but im willing to stick with it.

MonsterMuffinTop
02-11-2011, 09:43 AM
YAY got tom :lol: Tom has been MIA since I gained the holiday weight... Glad shes back WITHOUT meds :D

yay!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

flsunbmr
02-11-2011, 10:05 AM
So i finished my last pack sunday night and decided i wasnt buying anymore!

I just know you can do it...but don't forget to be kind to yourself and reward yourself! The not buying anymore is added incentive, too. I can't tell you how much our budget has benefitted since my DH quit. You probably already thought of this, but maybe you can allocate what you would have spent on cigis and save it to buy something really nice for yourself... a massage or something?? :carrot:

MyBodyisMyTemple
02-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Hi ladies,

sorry I've been semi-absent lately. I started a new job and its taking up a lot of my time that I typically had available. Oh well, its going great so far so no complaints.

Congrats on not smoking! Also congrats to everyone that is pushing past and through issues to reach their goals.

I am down 2 lbs this week. My arm muscles have been inflamed and swollen so I wasn't able to do much of my exercise program. Also, I found myself having to fight past snack cravings.

I am down 20 lbs in 5 weeks and am very happy about that. I'm really hoping to continue to lose at a nice steady pace because I have a long way to go.

Hubby apparently can 'see' and 'feel' the difference in my body already. He's been on me like a dog in heat LMBO!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Losing4another
02-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Mybodyismytemple- There you are :hug: Haven't seen you on either thread. Glad the job is going good. Twenty pounds in five weeks is awesome.. way to go :yay:

MonsterMuffinTop- thanks hun :hug: I used to smoke a lot of years ago.. It was tough but slowly you get into new habits. Hardest for me was after dinner.. Now I always have to have something sweet but it's worth the trade.

TGIF - Have a good weekend everyone :wave:

Just1More
02-11-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm so glad that we are all doing so well!!!

MonsterMuffinTop
02-13-2011, 04:30 PM
I gained 2lbs this week :( I know it was because of all of my snacking. So this week Im going to rock it! I went grocery shopping and got everything i needed for a successful week and im excited to weigh in next sunday!

chickadee32
02-13-2011, 07:17 PM

That's fantastic - I'm so glad your hard work paid off for you!! :carrot: After I started losing some weight in Jan, tom came on schedule for me for the first time in many months. I was SO happy about that. I'm really hoping to see tom on schedule again this month.

I gained 2lbs this week :( I know it was because of all of my snacking. So this week Im going to rock it! I went grocery shopping and got everything i needed for a successful week and im excited to weigh in next sunday!

You've mastered quitting smoking for that all-important first week, which is a huge accomplishment!! And worth 2 lbs, IMO, some of which might just be water weight if your snacks have been high in sodium. Maybe this week have a glass of water or tea first when you have a craving, and that might help to squash some of the snack/cig cravings (and help wash out any sodium!). You can totally do get back on plan with the eating this week, I am sure of it! Good luck! :)

Emme
02-13-2011, 07:21 PM
I hope everyone has had a nice weekend. I made some stuff for Valentines Day to take into work and I sampled some of it. :) I fit it into my calorie intake for today, though, so no harm done. I think I'm more ready for a baby than I am willing to admit (we are waiting until December to start trying), but I have to get to my goal of at least being considered "normal weight" which is 164.9...gotta love the point 9 ;)

Just1More
02-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Yes Emme the .9 is essential!

kleemandy
02-14-2011, 12:35 AM
This is the reason why I am losing my weight!!! November is when we are gonna try to TTC. It will be our second but I never got the weight off with the first one and I want to be healthier for my kids and myself!

flsunbmr
02-14-2011, 11:26 AM
Weigh-in day... a 1.5 pound loss miracle. :-)
1/31/11--200
2/7/11--198
2/14/11--196.5

So, I woke up this morning to my DD crying at 4:45....got her back to sleep about 5, went to the bathroom and weighed: SHOOT 198, maintained. UGH! Woke up again about 6:45, went to the bathroom and weighed: 196.5! HA! And it was the same about 12 times. I know that is obsessive, but, whatever. This week, I need to cheat less. Someday, I may not cheat at all during the week, but right now, I can only promise to work on "cheating less".

Emme
02-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Weigh-in day... a 1.5 pound loss miracle. :-)
1/31/11--200
2/7/11--198
2/14/11--196.5

So, I woke up this morning to my DD crying at 4:45....got her back to sleep about 5, went to the bathroom and weighed: SHOOT 198, maintained. UGH! Woke up again about 6:45, went to the bathroom and weighed: 196.5! HA! And it was the same about 12 times. I know that is obsessive, but, whatever. This week, I need to cheat less. Someday, I may not cheat at all during the week, but right now, I can only promise to work on "cheating less".

Congrats on the weight loss! It can be hard not to "cheat"...good luck with that! :)

aasshhlleeyy
02-15-2011, 01:38 AM
Hey ladies I have MIA for a while been super busy with school but anyways I just wanted to see how everyone was doing and give a little update. So I have lost 20lbs since I started this journey 1/7/11 and feel much better... hubby and I have been TTC for a year now :( and I am thinking about starting clomid soon:dizzy:. Has anyone started TTC yet?

Emme
02-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Hey ladies I have MIA for a while been super busy with school but anyways I just wanted to see how everyone was doing and give a little update. So I have lost 20lbs since I started this journey 1/7/11 and feel much better... hubby and I have been TTC for a year now :( and I am thinking about starting clomid soon:dizzy:. Has anyone started TTC yet?

Good to see you on here! And congrats on the 20 pounds lost ~ bravo! We're not TTC yet (not until December...patiently waiting...somewhat), but good luck to you. What is clomid?

aasshhlleeyy
02-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Good to see you on here! And congrats on the 20 pounds lost ~ bravo! We're not TTC yet (not until December...patiently waiting...somewhat), but good luck to you. What is clomid?

Thanks:D and I know how hard the waiting can be. Clomid is a fertility drug... It makes you ovulate which I done seem to be doning on my own:mad: hubby and I have been TTC for a year now :( and my dr wanted to start me on it already but I waited now I think I am ready.

Christina
02-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Count me in!! We haven't really set a "try" date but we aren't preventing. I would love to be able to get pregnant without all the extra weight so probably early next year would be awesome!

Losing4another
02-16-2011, 04:47 PM

I hope to start clomid around the end of march. When are you starting?

Tomorrow is weigh in for me and I know there will probably be a gain. The hubby bought me sooo much chocolate.. Three different heart boxes :lol: I'm down to 1 and half.. thats gives a good idea of much I've been eating. Hopefully I didn't do to much damage I will find out tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Losing4another
02-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Count me in!! We haven't really set a "try" date but we aren't preventing. I would love to be able to get pregnant without all the extra weight so probably early next year would be awesome!

Welcome :carrot:

aasshhlleeyy
02-17-2011, 11:05 PM
I hope to start clomid around the end of march. When are you starting?

Tomorrow is weigh in for me and I know there will probably be a gain. The hubby bought me sooo much chocolate.. Three different heart boxes :lol: I'm down to 1 and half.. thats gives a good idea of much I've been eating. Hopefully I didn't do to much damage I will find out tomorrow (fingers crossed).

lol I know your feeling girl... I told hubby absolutely no chocolate this v day haha... and was planning to start clomid after a round of provera but just found out today that I have PCOS so I am going to try Metformin and see what that does for me :( But hopefully it does something. How long have you been TTC? Keep us updated with how the clomid goes and all.

chickadee32
02-18-2011, 02:23 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to conceive yet :( . I know how frustrating it can be - my husband and I have been TTC for 14 months with no success. He has an appointment for a sperm analysis, and I have to get an ovarian cyst re-checked the week after next. After that, assuming no problems are identified with the sperm analysis, we'll be off to the fertility specialist. At least when she/he tells me to lose weight, I'll be able to say "I AM losing weight." :)

Losing4another
02-18-2011, 05:38 AM
lol I know your feeling girl... I told hubby absolutely no chocolate this v day haha... and was planning to start clomid after a round of provera but just found out today that I have PCOS so I am going to try Metformin and see what that does for me :( But hopefully it does something. How long have you been TTC? Keep us updated with how the clomid goes and all.

How long are you going to try the metformin alone? I'm on metformin too! I've been on it for a while although I'm bad about taking it when I'm not TTC :o I'll be better about it as I get closer to using the clomid. We tried TTC on our own for a long time before we found out I have PCOS and don't ovulate regularly.. I should say rarely actually! I was on clomid for two cycles before I had to stop for a dental surgery.. took forever to heal... so here I am ready for clomid again as soon as I get all my yearly blood work done

As for weigh in ... I can't believe it but I lost 1.2 pounds :D Not sure how that happened since the weeks I was right on with points I'd lose less :shrug: I'll take it though woohoo :carrot:

Just1More
02-18-2011, 03:19 PM
FLOWING LIKE THE NILE HERE LADIES! Holy crap! This is my frist period OFF birthcontrol pills since my son was born in June and holy moley it's alot...(tmi) but seriousli I felt enemic this morning and my face was so pale, like I just lost a pint of blood.

My cycle day 1 was the 16th. So we'll see how long this cycle is. Once my period is gone I'm going to take my basal temp every morning and try and see IF I'm ovulating and when. Plus how long my cycles are.

I need to DIET more seriously, but I'm quit working the 2 extra hours a day and now I'm going for 30min-60min walks with my son every day! So if I can take that more seriously and stop eating JUNK I'll be shedding the pounds :) send me your will power ladies!

Emme
02-18-2011, 04:14 PM
TGIF, ladies! :D

Weigh-in day: down 0.8 pounds w/TOM...one step closer to getting a healthy body. Hope everyone has had a good day!

skinniibrittany
02-18-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm not trying to conceive yet but I wish you ladies lots of baby dust...maybe you guys should try the sex diet j/k. :-)

Just1More
02-18-2011, 07:33 PM
:running: 2miles today kicked my ***.

aasshhlleeyy
02-18-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to conceive yet :( . I know how frustrating it can be - my husband and I have been TTC for 14 months with no success. He has an appointment for a sperm analysis, and I have to get an ovarian cyst re-checked the week after next. After that, assuming no problems are identified with the sperm analysis, we'll be off to the fertility specialist. At least when she/he tells me to lose weight, I'll be able to say "I AM losing weight." :)

It has been a year since TTC on our own without help and I just found out that I have PCOS I just started Met today :( and yes I know at first thats what they kept saying just lose weight and you will get pregnant and I switched drs and ha low and behold I have PCOS still cant get prego after a 23lb loss err...lol keep us posted on how the testing goes girl

MyBodyisMyTemple
02-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Hello everyone, sorry I've been posting minimally. It's hard to find time to get online during the week. I did read through the posts though and am so proud of everyone's progress!

As for weigh in ... I can't believe it but I lost 1.2 pounds :D Not sure how that happened since the weeks I was right on with points I'd lose less :shrug: I'll take it though woohoo :carrot:

Way to go on your weight loss! Are you feeling better as the weight is coming off and as you make healthier choices?

I need to DIET more seriously, but I'm quit working the 2 extra hours a day and now I'm going for 30min-60min walks with my son every day! So if I can take that more seriously and stop eating JUNK I'll be shedding the pounds :) send me your will power ladies!

Congrats on AF! Sorry to hear that it's so heavy, that's how my periods are when they do come (once a year or so). They're so heavy that I get to stay off work WITH pay :) LOL.
>>>>>>>>>>> S E N D I N G W I L L P O W E R<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Emme - .8 is nearly a lb! That's great!!

Ashley - HUGS! I also have PCOS and it's definitely a beast of its own:D. You should stop into the PCOS thread sometime if you want (maybe you have as I haven't been on 3fc much this week). Best wishes on conceiving. Glad that you found an answer, although there is still much too limited information on successfully dealing with PCOS.

Chickadee - I hope that you can find a fertility specialist that is attentive to your needs. HUGS to you too and sending positive energy your way as you await your testing.

As for me, I am down 2 lbs this week! Woohoo! I'm very happy about that b/c I didn't think I'd 'lose', I just didn't want to 'gain':dizzy:. This past week has been very emotionally trying for me. My PCOS issues were flaring and my hormones were all over the damn place.

As I get closer to my goal (say when I lose 50 lbs or so) and closer to ttc, I am going to check out a fertility specialist. I will not be ttc until the end of 2012. Although I'm ready for a baby now, I have to remember that I made a commitment to myself and to my unborn, that I would get HEALTHY and create a much better / positive living environment where my baby can grow healthily. That's much more important to me right now.

Way to go ladies! Let's remember what our goal is. Best wishes to everyone TTC.

As I've said before: have a great weekend and remember that EVERY decision you make WILL impact your life in one way or another... make the decisions that will impact it for the BETTER!

chickadee32
02-18-2011, 11:57 PM
It has been a year since TTC on our own without help and I just found out that I have PCOS I just started Met today :( and yes I know at first thats what they kept saying just lose weight and you will get pregnant and I switched drs and ha low and behold I have PCOS still cant get prego after a 23lb loss err...lol keep us posted on how the testing goes girl

I'm sorry to hear about the PCOS :( I've always wondered if I have it... lots of the signs seem to be there. My first ovarian cyst was at the age of 12 (went to the hospital thinking it was appendicitis, but it was a burst cyst), I have an elevated testosterone level, the excess hair growth, etc. But I've never been diagnosed. I wonder if the fertility specialist will have something to say about it?

Keep us posted on how things go for you on the metformin, and the clomid if you do that as well. And in the meantime, good luck with the baby-making. :)

MyBodyIsMyTemple - thank you very much for the good wishes, and CONGRATULATIONS on your loss! That's really fantastic! :carrot:

Skinniibrittany, thank you for the babydust! I'll take all of it I can get. :)

chickadee32
02-19-2011, 04:28 PM
TOM arrived this morning, and with it came very mixed feelings. It's good because it explains having felt so crummy and hungry the last few days, but not so good because it means I'm not pregnant. And good because I actually got a period again this month - which now makes three months in a row I've gotten it (I only had it twice during the last 6 months of 2010), but not so good because it came on day 24 of my cycle (much sooner than usual) and that means I'm probably not ovulating on a regular schedule.

And I know I shouldn't be complaining, especially after getting my period so infrequently last year... but last month TOM lasted 8 days, and it showed up on day 24 this month... which means I went only 15 days without bleeding. Cripes.

But, I'll take the good and hope that my cycle continues to improve as I continue to lose the weight. :)

(and sorry for all the TMI)

Just1More
02-19-2011, 05:23 PM
LoL I think I, just gonna put a " this thread is full of TMI" warning in the first post so its just a given that we are sharing a lot of info LOL

Willow324
02-20-2011, 03:15 PM
aasshhlleeyy- Yes actively TTC. Next month will be 1 year going to a reproductive Endo. 3 rounds of failed clomid. Today is CD 4 and I started injections last night (first time).
Since there really isnt a TTC or infertility section Im not sure where to post this...BUT has anyone tried Bravelle? Im on 75iu once a day and ovidrel for a trigger shot. I go in on Wed for an Ultrasound to check the progress. Finally some good news for me. Last month I had a cyst and out of a year of seeing an RE this is only my 4th medicated cycle (all that testing and set backs). We also had motility issues with DH that had to get resolved. I finally feel like theres forward movement. I hope this is it for me!

So, has anyone tried Bravelle? I can't seem to find any success rates online. (will also post in PCOS thread) Thanks!

flsunbmr
02-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Weigh-in day another 1.5 pounds!
1/31/11--200
2/7/11--198
2/14/11--196.5
2/21/11--195....10% lost!!

Clomid -- I'm on it as well. Before DD, I had a couple misscarriages, and my issue was my progesterone level. My docter didn't really get to the bottom of why my porgesterone was too low. I was still ovulating and able to get pregnant, just not able to stay pregnant. There could be several reasons, from age, weight, stress, insulin resistance, etc. Anyway, he prescribed Clomid to see if that would help. Clomid also helps by "boosting" your follicle prior to releasing the egg. After the egg is released, the corpus luteum (sp?) (follicle) produces progesterone in the body. So, his thinking was let's boost your natural progesterone. Anyway, that's how I understood it. I also took a progesterone supplement after I ovulated througout the 1st trimester. When I told the dr. we wanted to try for #2, he said that it wouldn't hurt to do the same thing (clomid/progesterone) cause it worked before.

So, I've been taking it again since October. I am SO afraid that I'll accidentally get pregnant before we offically start "trying" and have another misscairrage. But honestly, our "timing" has not been good for getting pregnant. We all three (DH, DD, Me) have been trading being sick since about Thanksgiving, and it's hard to be romantic when you are hacking up your lungs. LOL. But, I wonder how many months I can take it in a row? Especially if we aren't seriously trying yet? Maybe that's not good for me...probably should ask my dr. He did write me a prescription for 100mg. with I think 12 refills. I got pregnant last time on the first round on 50 mg, so I've been only taking 50mg. (I get 2 pills of 50mg when i fill it). Anyway, stuff to thing about. I have a gyn appt. beginning of march, so I'll ask him about long-term effects then.

As much as I want to get pregnant ASAP, it is hard to get out of my mind how my dh wants me to reach my goal weight first. I know we already talked about that in another post, but as I am losing this weight, I think maybe I want to get there first, too? Honestly, I never really BELIEVED I would ever get to my goal, before this year. I KNOW i can do it now. If I kick it into high gear, maybe I can pick up my weight loss pace? I don't know what it is like to not be (or feel) overweight. But, my clock is ticking SO LOUD. blah blah blah, i'm starting to even bore myself with all of this rambling! LOL

I better get back to work now....Have a great week everybody!

Emme
02-21-2011, 11:09 AM
TOM arrived this morning, and with it came very mixed feelings. It's good because it explains having felt so crummy and hungry the last few days, but not so good because it means I'm not pregnant.

But, I'll take the good and hope that my cycle continues to improve as I continue to lose the weight. :)

(and sorry for all the TMI)
chickadee32 ~ we aren't TTC yet (not until December), but I empathize with you about having mixed feelings. Every time I get TOM I'm a little disappointed, but we aren't even trying so it should be no surprise that I get it!! It's just funny how the mind works sometimes.

aasshhlleeyy- Yes actively TTC. Today is CD 4 and I started injections last night (first time).
I hope this is it for me!

Willow ~ you have been through a lot TTC...I really hope it works out for you! I'm sending positive wishes and thoughts your way.

As much as I want to get pregnant ASAP, it is hard to get out of my mind how my dh wants me to reach my goal weight first. I know we already talked about that in another post, but as I am losing this weight, I think maybe I want to get there first, too?

flsunbmr ~ It can be hard to be patient, can't it? We are waiting until December, but my goal weight is hopefully going to be complete around summer...I would love to TTC now, but I have to keep reminding myself why I am on this weight-loss journey in the first place: to have a healthier body for me and any future babies.

Good luck to everyone here ~ I hope you all have a great week. :)

chickadee32
02-21-2011, 02:55 PM
chickadee32 ~ we aren't TTC yet (not until December), but I empathize with you about having mixed feelings. Every time I get TOM I'm a little disappointed, but we aren't even trying so it should be no surprise that I get it!! It's just funny how the mind works sometimes.

I can completely understand that! Before we were actively trying I was always hoping it would just happen accidentally, and just a touch sad when it didn't.

Losing4another
02-21-2011, 09:33 PM
LoL I think I, just gonna put a " this thread is full of TMI" warning in the first post so its just a given that we are sharing a lot of info LOL

To funny :lol: Maybe thats a good idea

Willow- I've taken the ovidrel trigger shot...One of friends did 2 cycles with Bravelle and had a little boy after second cycle. The trigger shot is a peace of cake .... maybe I shouldn't say cake on a losing weight group :o Nothing to it.. and if the needles for bravelle are the same it shouldn't be to much different.. Poking yourself is the easy part .. it's the unknown that is scary. Fingers croosed for you on wednesday.

The hubby has been coming to me to ask when we are starting clomid again. Can't believe his baby fever is worse than mine this time. I think it's time to kick things up get this weight off so I can get started :dizzy: I haven't even made any dr appts yet.. My focus has been so much on what food I can and can't eat I've not thought about anything else...

Gale02
02-22-2011, 06:42 PM
May I join you ladies? I know it's a couple of months out from the start of this thread.

I have a 2 year old and a 5 month old. I'm not quite ready to TTC yet, but I really like the age gap we have with our first two (21 months) and would like to aim for around 2 years again. BUT, I was 264 when I got pregnant with my second and it was a really tough pregnancy. I didn't have any complications, but being pregnant that heavy was really hard for me. I would, ideally, like to get down to my goal weight in the next 10 months or so and start TTC then. Short of that, I want to get down to DS#1 PPW (197) before we start TTC.
I am currently breastfeeding my second and calorie counting with some success. Any lack of success would be entirely my fault, definitely not my plan's weakness. :)
I look forward to hearing lots of pregnancy stories soon!

Losing4another
02-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Lost a little bit @ weight watchers... I did better this week without all the v-day chocolate and lost less .. Don't get it but I'm not giving up... no matter how crazy my body is :lol:

I'm sooo very ready to TTC right now. I hate that I have to lose to start but I know everything works better at a healthier weight.

This thread is getting quiet.. How's everyone else doing?

Welcome Gale :)

Emme
02-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Good morning, everyone, and TGIF!! Welcome to the board, Gale ~ good luck to you! And, wow a 2 year old and a 5 month old...awesome ages!

My weigh-in was this morning and I am down 1.4 pounds since last Friday. One step closer...

I hope everyone has a great Friday! :)

MyBodyisMyTemple
02-26-2011, 09:15 PM
Hey future mommas :)

I haven't been able to workout as much as I would like however I'm very pleased that I lost another 2lbs this week. I wish I could lose a little more, but I'm ok with that and so far I've been on track with my weight loss for the past 7 weeks so no complaints!

Losing... I so know what you mean about being difficult to wait to TTC. You know, you will be so proud of yourself when you realize that your baby has a healthy and comfortable place to grow and when you realize that because of your hard work out of love, you feel good, look good, and can do even more things with your baby as baby gets older :D

Emme - congratulations on your weight loss! We are rocking girl!

Gale - welcome welcome welcome aboard the Baby Dust Train! Your goal is very do-able. I also am not ttc just yet, even though that's a difficult decision I know that it is the RIGHT decision for me. I want my baby to be happy and to have a great opportunity for a fresh start. I don't want to have unnecessary weight-related complications either. We can do it! We deserve to!

Rebecca85
02-26-2011, 11:23 PM
I want in!!! lol I want to try to lose 3-5 lbs a week I am on Weight Watchers and we want ttc in June. I just started WW and At the moment weigh in at 318. I want to get lower then 250lbs (dr recommended) by then and then pick back up after baby is born to get down to 145 ish lol.

MyBodyisMyTemple
02-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Hi Rebecca and welcome aboard the BABY DUST TRAIN! In addition to WW are you incorporating any physical fitness into your program?

Best wishes on TTC and also on your weight loss!

Mrsralphie
02-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Where has thread been? I wanna join the baby dust train!

MonsterMuffinTop
02-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Hey ladies! I just wanted to check in with ya.:hug: the last two weeks i have behaved 98% and have lost almost 4 lbs! So excited that things are finally coming together. I took a four month hiatus but now im back and rockin it :D

hope you all had a great weekend!

start: 218
today: 214.6
:carrot::carrot:

hoping to be 199 by the end of april!

JourneytoMe
02-28-2011, 12:29 AM
Hey Ladies, I'm at 314 and holding. I've not done very good with my eating lately :( ...I've avoided fast food but am still snacking at night and not getting as many fruits and veggies as I should. I'm doing pretty well on my exercise today. My husband and I actually walked the trail around our neighborhood today which is 1.5 miles. This is a huge thing for us as he is not active at all, but has been saying he would like to begin exercising, so yay!! Hopefully this week I can really do well on my eating and see some progress on the scale!!

Rebecca85
02-28-2011, 12:32 AM
OMG had a store meeting tonight where I work they brought a bunch of cookies and bad candies and free soda and also veggies and fruits. I had not eaten lunch and was hungry! But all i did was drink a water and eat the fruits and veggies! I did so good! Then after I had a chicken sandwich! SO proud!!

drinkypants
02-28-2011, 11:27 AM
I'd like to join! I've been married 6 years, and was on birth control up until a couple of months ago. I have major baby fever, but I know it's best to get down to a lower weight before getting pregnant. Every time my period comes, I get a little sad, but then think that's just more time for me to get more healthy. I'd really prefer to at least be down to 180-ish before getting pregnant.

Rebecca - great job picking the healthier items to eat! That would be really hard to resist all of that free junk food WTG!

Anyways, good luck with all of your goals ladies!

NYAGirl
02-28-2011, 06:49 PM
I want to join this group, I have been looking for a group like this for awhile now. I've wanted a baby for quite some time and I know I need to lose weight in order too have a healthly pregnancy. I want a baby so I will lose the weight in order to get what I want.

Rebecca85
02-28-2011, 11:25 PM
I did it again some ones last day was today so they bought a huge expansive cake and I didn't even take a bite even though i left my lunch at home and had hunger pain. I looked at it and thought your what stands in my way of having a baby and you will NOT win!! and i walked out of the room! I will do this!

MyBodyisMyTemple
03-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Hello everyone.

Wow! Welcome to all of our new friends!
I haven't been feeling so well today, feeling kind of 'off' again. I am about 45 mins away from reaching my February exercise goal, and so I am going to exercise for 45 mins before I go to bed. :D

Tomorrow is aquafit, and I didn't get a chance to go on Friday b/c I had to work late. I usually go walking with hubby on Sat and Sun but he had ankle surgery on Friday, and we stayed in, so I really need to get some exercise in.

I had a wonderful 'in' weekend with hubby! We really reconnected, and the attraction was stronger than ever. It's wonderful that after years of marriage, it still feels 'new'.

Rebecca - wow! Way to go! Being able to walk away from situations like that is a huge accomplishment. Keep it up girl and you'll be creating that ideal situation for your baby.

Ralphie - welcome! do you have particular goals/plans that you are working on in hopes of ttc?

Monster - woohoo 4lbs gone! You go girl! Glad to see you back in here letting us know how you're doing.

Journey - I bet that was great walk. What a great activity to get hubby involved! How cool is it that he wants to become more active and on his way to getting healthier.

CoCo - welcome! Baby Fever is something that is hard to ignore. Keep at it, and you will be having a healthy and happy pregnancy and welcoming your precious bundle of joy soon. :carrot:

Nya - what a great mentality to have! I love how you have made up your mind that you want your baby and that you are going to do what is necessary. Do you have a particular plan in mind for getting your body baby-ready?

Emme
03-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Happy March 1st everyone! Well, it's the start of a new month and I try to have mini-goals each month. My goal for March is to lose 5 pounds and to work out at least 4 times a week.

It's so strange because some weeks I am all about babies and then other weeks I am just loving it being just me and my husband. It will be very strange to TTC and have a little one in the house eventually. Like this weekend we had a nice 'us' weekend and watched movies all day Sunday and hung out together on Saturday...couldn't do that with a little one!! LOL!! :)

Rebecca85
03-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Weighed in today lost 4.6 lbs! from 318.2 down to 313.6!! getting closer!!

aasshhlleeyy
03-03-2011, 02:47 AM
Hey ladies... well i just got my BFP!

Emme
03-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Hey ladies... well i just got my BFP!

What does BFP stand for? I am hoping it is something good since there is an exclamation point after your statement?! :)

aasshhlleeyy
03-03-2011, 04:40 PM
What does BFP stand for? I am hoping it is something good since there is an exclamation point after your statement?! :)

Lol yes girl... BFP means big fat positive. (positive pregnancy test)

Emme
03-03-2011, 04:51 PM

WOO-HOO!!!! Happy Baby Dance!!! :cheer: How exciting!! Congratulations!! :congrat:

chickadee32
03-03-2011, 09:37 PM

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! :dance: You must be so excited! I'm seriously thrilled for you!

MyBodyisMyTemple
03-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Rebecca - way to go on the weight loss! What type of program are you doing to lose weight?

Ashley - O.M.G. Wooooohooo!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! You're off the Baby Dust Train and on to the Pregnancy Rollercoaster! Throw lots of babydust back to the rest of us LOL.

aasshhlleeyy
03-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Thank you ladies so much It has been such a long journey... I am sending buckets of baby dust to all of you girls!!!!!!

Rebecca85
03-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Weight watchers

drinkypants
03-04-2011, 11:05 PM
WTG Rebecca! They really love tempting you at work huh? lol

Ashley wow! Congrats!! How exciting!

Gale02
03-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Congratulations Ashley!! I'm so excited for you!

MonsterMuffinTop
03-06-2011, 01:27 PM
WOOOHOOOO!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

SO excited for you girly!!!