South Beach Diet - Beacher BIOS - 2011

View Full Version : Beacher BIOS - 2011

WaistingTime
12-28-2009, 02:14 PM
User name/name: WaistingTime/Karen

Birthday: May 20

MARITAL STATUS: Married since 1987, husband does not work outside the house either.

Children/ages: 2 sons, 18 (HS senior) and almost 21 (college junior at school in PA)

HEIGHT: 5' 2.5"

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Red

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Blogging, reading, scrapbooking, biking

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Kansas, a suburb of Kansas City, MO

FAVORITE COLOR: Purple

FAVORITE FOODS: Maybe chocolate covered strawberries

FAVORITE EXERCISE: biking (outdoors or in class)

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Too many to name.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Not sure.

FAVORITE MUSIC: Soundtracks from musicals

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: yo-yo dieter, I clearly don't have a "normal" relationship with food

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am no longer just lurking. I know that I have to commit to eating healthy all the time and cannot just diet until I lose the weight. I have reached my goal weight three times before with SB and regained some or all every time. This needs to stop!

Ruthxxx
01-06-2010, 09:22 AM
User Name: Ruthxxx Real Name: Ruth

Starting weight/current/goal - Was 232 once but now 195 at 5'. Was just great at 140 but was also 30 years younger then! Current goal is 185 by mid-March 2010 for a Disney trip.

Location: Village in Eastern Ontario in a 1928 house built by my Grandpa when he retired from the farm. Grew up in Ottawa but visited here lots when I was a kid. Bought this house back into the family in 1985. My Dad cried!

Age: I'll be 72in mid-January. The only advantage to this age is discounts on air fares and other stuff. So far nobody treats me with respect but I'm waiting!

Marital Status:Widowed since October 2008 but coping fine. I am lucky to have a great group of supportive friends, plus financial stability.

Kids: Have two kids from my first marriage - Jim and Mary Ellen. They are both parents but live too far away for me to see the three grandbabies often. Jim is in Ottawa but his work schedule is nuts. Mary Ellen is way out West on Vancouver Island so I can't get to see her often enough. I try for at least one trip out there every year.

Pets: Used to raise Portuguese Water Dogs and loved them! Hershey and Lucy were wonderful dogs but are gone now. They are semi-replaced by Disney, my Katrina rescue dog, and Jazz, a Bolonka, who is still very puppy-ish. Both are well behaved dogs who do pet therapy with me weekly. I think I was a dog in my previous incarnation.

Work: Well, am supposed to be retired but I seem to be able to keep myself busy! I'm very involved in community and church work and have a full schedule.

Plan:South Beach Phase II suits me fine - feel good and finally have my blood sugar well under control now. I has a knee replacement in 2008 which was not completely successful. However, I am rising above it and, after 70 years of being a slug, I'm going to the gym for 90 minutes three times a week and trying to do treadmill the other days. The knee feels much better and I no longer have a limp.

Favorite diet cheat: red licorice - could be worse, I suppose. I'm also partial to wine and Scotch.

Hobbies: Gardening, sewing, cooking, theatre and music, dog breeding and adoration, reading good novels, entertaining friends, too darn much volunteer work, quilting, some writing!

Reasons for wanting to lose weight: I want to be a skinny corpse but no hurry! I am also Type II diabetic and need to keep that in control.

What else? I really do own a Chicken Purse. Had a metal bra which I made for a part in a play but it fell apart. Can whip up another one if anyone wants to put in an order.

Kim_Star060404
01-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Basic facts
Name (real first name if you feel comforable):Kimberly, Kim
Age (or general age group): 29
Where you live: Way out west, Texas (north of Big Bend National Park)
Where you grew up: San Antonio, TX
Other places you’ve lived: Kingsville, Austin, Round Rock, and George West, all in Texas
Do you have kids? How old? Still waiting on that blessing!
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? I'm the middle child with two sisters
Languages, beside English, you speak: I have a working knowledge of French
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? I live with my hubby and our two dogs; Toby an 8-year-old lab and Ranger, a 5-year-old dachshund
Current job or field of work / studies: I'm the Deputy Chief Appraiser for our county
Why did you choose South Beach? Because it isn't a diet, it's a way of life and it works for me!
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? Short term? Long term, I'd just like to get to a healthy weight and live a much more active lifestyle than I am capable of now. I'd also like to prepare my body for pregnancy (hopefully). Short term; I'd just like to make it through 1 month ON PLAN!!!
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)?Dh isn't on the plan with me, but he is my biggest supporter and my favorite workouts are the ones when he coaches me.

Beyond the facts
Favorite books: The Circle Series by Ted Dekker, Memoirs of a Geisha, The Harry Potter Series, anything by Lori Wick and The Little House on the Prairie series
Favorite kinds of music / bands:The band 311 is my all-time favorite and other than that I listen mostly to indie (Regina Spektor, Stephanie Briggs) and Texas country artists (Highspeed Hayride, Reckless Kelly)
Favorite movies: The Nightmare Before Christmas, 50 First Dates, All the Harry Potters, anything Tim Burton
Favorite saying / quote: ""The average pencil is seven inches long, with just a half-inch eraser – in case you thought optimism was dead." -Robert Brault, software developer, writer (1972- ), "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." -Louis L'Amour, novelist (1908-1988)
Favorite holiday: CHRISTMAS!!!
Hobbies:Reading, Cooking, Disc Golf, Fishing, Hiking, Watching sports with DH
Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? I love hiking, but HATE camping in a tent.
Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? VERY rural
The place you’d most like to visit: I couldn't pick between Ireland, Alaska, Hawaii and Japan since I have family ties to all of them.
Best thing that ever happened to you: Finding my prince-sometimes-charming.
Tell us something else about yourself that you want to share that not too many people know: I would love to go away for a year to a secluded cabin with my DH and no daily connection to the rest of society.

And now questions unanswered above from the original questionnaire:

BIRTHDAY: August 8

MARITAL STATUS: Married since 2004

TOP WEIGHT:225

SB STARTING WEIGHT: 225

GOAL WEIGHT: 129

HEIGHT: 5'

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Dark, dark brown

FAVORITE COLOR: Red and purple, though not as a combo

FAVORITE FOODS: Japanese anything, seafood, BIG salads with lots of variety and, unfortunately, rich sweets

FAVORITE EXERCISE:ZUMBA!, Cardio/strength combos designed by my dh, dance-oriented cardio dvds, jogging

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Just lacking the discipline to eat right and work out consistently. I do it in spurts.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My goals for changing my lifestyle have shifted from being vanity-oriented to healthy living oriented. Wanting a healthier me is different than wanting a thinner me and is more motivating for me.

Lexxiss
01-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Basic facts:
Name (real first name if you feel comforable):Lexxiss/Debbie R
Age (or general age group):52
BIRTHDAY: March 4
MARITAL STATUS: Married since 1992
TOP WEIGHT:275 (at least)
SBD STARTING WEIGHT: 232
GOAL WEIGHT: 180 then I'll reevaluate
HEIGHT: 5'5"
EYE COLOR:Brown
HAIR COLOR: Brown

Where you live:Colorado
Where you grew up:Colorado
Other places you’ve lived:Hong Kong 1 yr, Michigan 1 yr, Alaska 23 yrs
Do you have kids? How old?No
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings?Middle, 1 Bro and 1 Sis
Languages, beside English, you speak:I've studied Mandarin Chinese
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)?My DH of 17 years, the pups Bing and Rudi, and Sophia, the kitty
Current job or field of work / studies:I currently co-own a family rental business with my Mother.
Why did you choose South Beach?Healthy eating/Weight loss combo
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? I wanted to LIVE a healthy lifestyle every day and get off the rollercoaster. Short term? I wanted to get off blood pressure meds (I have)
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)?My DH is supportive, he eats whatever I cook, and doesn't realize the coffee creamer doesn't have sugar! His insatiable cravings have gone away, too!

Beyond the facts
Favorite books:Cookbooks, I have over 200.
Favorite kinds of music / bands:I like lots of stuff, but my favs I play over and over are Simon & Garfunkel, Elton John and Indigo Girls....I have the family record collection which includes everything anyone in the family ever owned and many thrift store purchases by DH.
Favorite movies:Spy Game, Sound of Music, old movies w/Clint Eastwood, Robert Redford and Richard Gere.Favorite saying / quote:
Favorite holiday:
Hobbies: Cooking, canning and dehydrating produce, organic foods, knitting, gardening, jigsaw puzzles, animal rescue, reducing my carbon footprint, pet therapy, NPR.
Passions / obsessions:composting & recycling.
Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? I like camping again now that I'm losing weight, but also enjoy being pampered.
Got pets? All rescued, 2 dogs and 1 cat What kind? Bing is a Parti Cocker, Rudi a Bernese Mtn mix, and Sophia is a Ragdoll or Birmen.
Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? A small, but progressive town in the mountains.
The place you’d most like to visit: I'd like to show my DH the East Coast. He spent his life in Alaska and has never been east of Denver.
Best thing that ever happened to you: Living in Hong Kong, and being able to take my DH to visit.

FORMER OCCUPATION: Semi-retired entreprenuer-I ran a sawmill, co-owned a travel agency and kitchen store in Alaska.
FAVORITE COLOR: Lupine purple and Fireweed fuscia.
FAVORITE FOODS: Shrimp, healthy pizza, pumpkin, true Chinese (I lived in Hong Kong), fruit (especially raspberries, blueberries and cherries), and big salads filled with every vegie I can find to put in.
FAVORITE EXERCISE: Water aerobics, water Yoga, and riding my bike..
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: emotional eating, stress eating (especially work related),low self esteem, making poor food choices in general, and lack of regular exercise. Geez....that ought to cover it.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have been on losing since 2005, but since starting South Beach I realize I have all the pieces of the puzzle needed to succeed; a healthy WOE, a comfortable regular exercise routine and a great support group here at 3FC.
-I wanted to start putting my pictures in the family photo albums after years of dodging the camera, and am grateful to be doing that again.

-I was quite a downhill skier being raised in Colorado. I haven't skied for years because of my weight, and will ski again this 2009-2010 season. I SKIIED AT LEAST 10 TIMES AND LOVED IT!

Got pets? All rescued, 2 dogs and 1 cat What kind? Bing is a Parti Cocker, Rudi a Bernese Mtn mix, and Sophia is a Ragdoll or Birmen.

Pearlrose
01-06-2010, 02:30 PM
User name/name: Pearlrose/ Rose

BIRTHDAY: April 21

MARITAL STATUS: Married since 1988

Children/ages: 18 year old son, Michael and 2 daughters Megan 16 and Mackenzie 6

TOP WEIGHT: 252 lbs 9 months pregnant- 219 not pregnant

CURRENT WEIGHT: ? haven't weighed in for the week yet but hoping to be close to 199

GOAL WEIGHT: 170 for starters

HEIGHT: 5' 71/2"

HAIR COLOR: Brown with lots of gray coming will need to start coloring soon

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Working out/reading/spending time with my family and traveling

OCCUPATION: Team Supervisor at IT helpdesk for Healthsystem in St. Louis

HOME LOCATION: Trenton, Illinois

FAVORITE COLOR: Green

FAVORITE FOODS: Italian pasta

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Turbo Jam series

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: When I get bored I want to munch munch munch, so have to be careful about mindless eating.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My head is in the right place so even though there is food not onplan around my house, I am not interested in putting that stuff in my body.

Schmoodle
01-06-2010, 05:38 PM
User Name: Schmoodle

Starting weight/current/goal - 245/195/145
Married: 17 years, but lived together for 8 years before that
Kids: 3 kids, 2 girls and a boy, the oldest is in college and the other two are in middle school.
Pets: 2 cats
Work: Engineer. I've got a great job and started telecommuting a few years ago, which saves me from sitting in DC traffic, but also makes it easier to snack!
Dieting history: Overweight to varying extents since the age of 8. Not much of a dieter, so I never yo-yo'd much, just a steady increase since kids started arriving. I am a major sugar addict and just the word "diet" tends to make me sweat. Last time I really dieted, I lost 30 lbs on the T-factor diet. That was about 20 years ago. Happy I found SBD, which really works for me when I work IT.
Favorite diet cheat: Sweets
Hobbies: Reading, sewing, surfing the internet, not much time for any of these lately.
Reasons for wanting to lose weight: Although I've always had weight issues, I never felt like it kept me from doing things I wanted to do, and so never worried about it too much. Then I started noticing myself not doing things for various made-up reasons, but the real reason is weight. My energy was getting pretty low from eating poorly and excess weight, so that even cleaning my house was becoming a real challenge. That creates a vicous cycle of trying to conserve energy and feeling less of it as a result. My world started to become smaller, and once I became a telecommuter, my big fear was that I'd become a huge, housebound person. I can totally see how that can happen!

murphmitch
01-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Basic facts:
Name (real first name if you feel comfortable): Anne
Age (or general age group): 53
Where you live: Iowa
Where you grew up: Iowa (I'm not very worldly!)
Other places you’ve lived: Born in South Sioux City, NE
Do you have kids? How old? Daughter 27 (Doctoral candidate at U of MN-Twin Cities), Daughter 24 (Living at home again), Son 22 (Senior at U of Iowa - Go Hawks!)
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? Seven siblings. I am third, but the oldest girl.
Languages, beside English, you speak: A little Spanish at work
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? Husband of 28 years, DD2, DS when home on break, Doggies - Sophie (my avatar) & Harley (her sister) I love cockers.
Current job or field of work / studies: Nurse on Mother Baby Unit at large hospital for 35 years this month.
Why did you choose South Beach? A friend talked me into it. I was fed up with WW & wasn't keeping the weight off (like I am now). Tired of counting everything and wasn't making wise food choices on WW.
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? To maintain my good health and my happy weight as I get older. Short term? I really need to exercise more. I have been able to lose and maintain so far with very little exercise, but I know that can't last. I am walking a lot in my job.
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? Just you guys. DH will eat anything that's not nailed down.

Beyond the facts
Favorite books: The Secret Garden, The Green Mile, Mysteries especially medical ones. I've read Les Miserables several times.
Favorite kinds of music / bands: I like music of the 70's & 80's and I love classical music. Really anything but rap & country.
Favorite movies: Jaws, The Green Mile, The Princess Bride, The Pianist, Contact
Favorite saying / quote: Don't really have one.
Favorite holiday: Christmas
Hobbies: Internet (obviously), puzzles, word games, reading. I used to love baking but don't do that too much anymore. I follow the Iowa Hawkeyes (who just won the Orange Bowl) as my daughter is an alumni & former marching band member & my son attends there now. Try to go to a few games a year.
Passions / obsessions: My dogs are only one year old & consume a lot of my time at home. It's like having kids all over again.
Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? Definitely not a camping person. I would like to travel more when I retire, but I'll stick to hotels.
Got pets? What kind? (feel free to add some adorable photos) See my avatar.
Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? Suburb, work in a large city hospital
The place you’d most like to visit: Something tropical right now! Otherwise, Ireland when we retire.
Best thing that ever happened to you: My husband first, then my children.
Tell us something else about yourself that you want to share that not too many people know: As the oldest girl in my large family, I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I am very involved in committees, projects and the like at work and I love learning new things.

CyndiM
01-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Basic facts:
Name (real first name if you feel comfortable): Cyndi
Age (or general age group): 49
Where you live: Vermont
Where you grew up: Central NY
Other places you’ve lived: all around central NY, CA for 3 months
Do you have kids? How old? Daughter 29 who is a PA in the Boston area
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? Oldest of three
Who do you live with? My wife and our two utterly insane cats, Luna and Sebastian
Current job or field of work / studies: I've worked in early childhood ed one way or another for most of my career. I am currently working with the AFT helping to organize early childhood educators.

Why did you choose South Beach? I woke up one morning sick and tired of feeling older than I was, getting winded up a flight of stairs and terrified that my aching knee meant impending replacement (I've been warned already). I had lost and regained 100s of lbs since I was a kid and knew I did not want to yo yo anymore so had to find something I could live with. I did a Google search for diet plans that fit our eating habits (whole foods, vegetarian, etc). Honestly I thought, based on the name, that it was a stupid vanity diet plan not a healthy way of eating. Imagine my surprise.
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? I do the cooking so this is dinner at our house (and lunch leftovers). The funny thing is my wife is now eating the way I do by choice so I never have veggies leftover and we go through huge amounts of refried beans every week!

Beyond the facts
Favorite books: I love books so whatever comes to mind first usually ends up on the list ;) Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, The Fifth Sacred Thing, Hood, The Winter of Our Discontent, some of the Darkover series. Anything by Alice Hoffman, Chris Bohjalian, Emma Donohue, Barbara Kingsolver, Michael Pollan, Sarah Waters
Favorite kinds of music / bands: Depends on my mood. I have workout mixes of 60s, 80s and some new stuff my DD made me. I also enjoy a lot of jazz and classical music.
Favorite movies: It's a Wonderful Life, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind,The Spitfire Grill, for pure escapism: The entire LOTR series (yes, I'm that kind of geek) , The Princess Bride, Tank Girl, almost anything by Pixar, and old black and white films
Hobbies: BIRDING!, gardening, dehydrating, hiking, riding my bike, reading though I don't seem to have much time for it anymore
Passions / obsessions: living sustainably and locally as much as possible, Syracuse University basketball
Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? See hobbies ;)
Got pets? What kind?The previously mentioned cats
The place you’d most like to visit: I have always wanted to go to Alaska long enough to really see it all.

updated a little 1/2011

cottagebythesea
01-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Username/name - cottagebythesea / Linda
Age - 58
Birthday - November 7
Marital status - Married since 1969 to Jake, my high school sweetheart
Children/Ages - Monica, 40, and Dustin, 38
Grandchildren/Ages - Caitlyn, 19, Amber, 9, Carley, 5, Tyler, 2
Top weight - 186
Current weight - around 155-160 I think. I don't have a scale but I know I've gained.
Goal weight - 135, and I'm going to get there this year!
Height - 5' 1/2"
Eye color - brown
Hair color - it was mostly brown before I started coloring it 11 years ago
Pets - none
Occupation - nanny
Geographic location - southeastern PA
Favorite color - I love most colors but I guess my favorites are shades of purple
Favorite foods - Ethnic foods and most vegetables
Favorite exercise - walking
Favorite books - the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, anything by Mauve Binchy, Margaret Pilcher, Luann Rice, Barbara Delinsky, Debbie Macomber, Nora Roberts
Favorite movies - Gone With the Wind, Out of Africa, Sleepless in Seattle, It Happened One Night
Favorite music - oldies from the 50s, 60s and 70s, showtunes, classical
Favorite diet cheat - I'm addicted to ice cream
Why did you choose South Beach? - I was looking for a healthy lifestyle change that didn't include any fad or crazy meal plans. This plan is healthy, sensible, easy to follow, and includes the foods I enjoy eating.
Reasons for wanting to lose weight - First and foremost, diabetes runs in our family and I don't want to get it. I've reached this age without being on any medications, and I want to continue to be healthy and active and NOT dependent on prescription drugs ever.

Heidi58
01-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Updated - September 2010

Username/name - Heidi58 / Heidi
Age - 52
Birthday - February 22
Marital status - Married 30 years. :)
Children/Ages - Elisabeth, 28, and Daniel, 26
Pets - Penny, an 11 year old dachshund
Top weight - 211
Current weight - 152
Goal weight - After maintaining 150 - 155 for almost 6 months I've changed my goal and now I'm working towards 135. That will give me a 'normal' BMI
Height - 5' 3"
Eye color - blue
Hair color - brown/gray
Occupation - kindergarten teacher
Geographic location - western Maine
Favorite color - red is my favorite, yellow is a close second.
Favorite foods - :?: All of them - that's how I got into this mess.
Favorite exercise - walking, hiking, snowshoeing, kayaking
Favorite books - Karen Kingsbury, Bill Myers, Terri Blackstock, Debbie Macomber, too many to list them all....
Favorite movie - It's A Wonderful Life
Favorite music - Contemporary Christian.
Favorite diet cheat - salty snacks: chips, crackers, etc.
Why did you choose South Beach? - To be honest, a friend talked me into it. She was starting SBD and wanted a 'buddy' and I was overweight and worried about my health so I grudgingly agreed. Once I read the book though I was sold on it. I got to my goal weight, kept it off for over a year but then foolishly made excuses/allowances for myself when I was going through some health problems and slowly gained it all back. When I came to my senses, I came right back to SBD because I know I can be happy and healthy eating this way for the rest of my life.
Reasons for wanting to lose weight - I want to feel good again.
I work with active 5 year olds, spend a lot of my free time working with the teens at church, and I've always enjoyed outdoor activities. Being overweight was starting to slow me down.

BellaLucia
01-13-2010, 06:59 PM
User name/name: FoodObsessed/Okie

Birthday: July 9, 1983

MARITAL STATUS: Single

Children/ages: None

TOP WEIGHT: 327

CURRENT WEIGHT: 317

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HEIGHT: 5' 6"

HAIR COLOR: Black

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, Cooking, Dancing, etc

PETS: None

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Bowie, Maryand

FAVORITE COLOR: Blue

FAVORITE FOODS: vegetable soup, scrambled eggs

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Dancing

FAVORITE BOOK(S): The Bible, Harlequin novels, and Plato's Republic

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Princess and the Frog, Godfather Trilogy, and Harry Potter Movies

FAVORITE MUSIC: R&B, Hip Hop, Oldies, Top 40

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Eating myself to oblivion because of sad emotions

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: It's time. I don't want to be obese any longer.

tomandkara
01-18-2010, 06:01 AM
Basic facts
Name (real first name if you feel comforable):Kara

Age (or general age group): 33

Where you live: Germany, about a half hour from France and forty-five minutes from Luxembourg

Where you grew up: Palmyra, New Jersey (near Philly)

Other places you’ve lived: Durham, New Hampshire; London, England; Seattle, Washington; Lacey, Washington; McChord AFB, Washington; Landover, Maryland; San Angelo, Texas; Beale AFB, California; Cinnaminson, New Jersey; Songtan, South Korea

Do you have kids? How old? Connor Thomas (9 years old), Kadyn May (6 years old), Avery Claire (4 years old), and Lukas Kristian (born November 2010)

Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? I'm the oldest of five - three younger sisters (30, 28, and 26 years old) and then a brother (17 years old)

Languages, beside English, you speak: French and German; I also am fluent in American Sign Language

Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? I live with my husband and kids.

Current job or field of work / studies: I work for our church as the Religious Education Coordinator.

Why did you choose South Beach? It seemed vegetarian-friendly.

What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? Short term? I want to focus on maintenance so I can cut out this 10 pound yo-yo nonsense.

Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? The whole family eats Beachy, but I don't use artificial sweeteners.

Beyond the facts
Favorite books: I love Clive Cussler books and I've just recently gotten into M.C. Beaton's mysteries. Harry Potter will always hold a special place in my heart. Other favorites are _Bridge to Terebithia_, _Jonathan Livingston Seagull_, _The Giver_ and _Number the Stars_, _To Kill a Mockingbird_, and pretty much anything else I had to read in school.

Favorite kinds of music / bands: I like pretty much everything except hard rock and rap.

Favorite movies: "The American President", "The Sandlot"

Favorite saying / quote: Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Favorite holiday: Thanksgiving

Hobbies: Scrapbooking (although I haven't had time since Kadyn was born), sewing, quilting (again, little time), reading, exercising

Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? Definitely!

Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? Rural but close to urban

The place you’d most like to visit: We have SO many to-see places on our list! This year we are going to Holland, England, Scotland, Spain, France, Australia, and New Zealand.

Best thing that ever happened to you: Meeting my husband. :)

Tell us something else about yourself that you want to share that not too many people know: I was a competitive gymnast for 14 years, through elementary school, high school, and college.

BIRTHDAY: 26 July

MARITAL STATUS: Married since 1999

TOP WEIGHT:148

SB STARTING WEIGHT: 148

GOAL WEIGHT: 125

HEIGHT: 5'4"

FAVORITE FOODS: Indian

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Elliptical, P90X, step aerobics classes

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not believing that I can stick to it

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Determination

TwynnB
02-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Username/name - TwynnB/Tammy
Age - 38
Birthday - April 19
Marital status - Married since 2001
Children/Ages - Ethan, 7 and Grace, 5
Top weight - 145
Current weight - 128
Goal weight - 124-5
Height - 5' 3"
Eye color - blue
Hair color -strawberry blonde
Pets - Reesie Pup, dog; 4 cats: Merlin, Gordon, Pickle, and Nutmeg (aka Freak!)
Occupation - vet
Geographic location - central Pa
Favorite color - Hmmm... what's my favorite now?
Favorite foods - dark chocolate. SBD did that to me!
Favorite exercise - running (well, I'm slow enough...jogging!)
Favorite books - I like thrillers.
Favorite movies - what's that? Silence of the Lambs, Harry Potters
Favorite music - 80's!!
Favorite diet cheat - Ice cream!!
Why did you choose South Beach? - A friend mentioned it to me once, so I thought I'd try it. It makes a lot of sense to me...if you can grow it, eat it (in the amounts you can grow it in! Lots of veggies, small fruit, small meat, small nuts). I feel SO much better when I follow the principles. It's not always easy to stay on it (esp. with young children!), but it's easy to go back to it!
I also feel better, since my dad is a diabetic and stroke victim. I don't want my life to end as his has.

grneyedmustang
03-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Name (real first name if you feel comforable): grneyedmustang/Paula
Age (or general age group):34
BIRTHDAY: April 26
TOP WEIGHT: 282
SBD STARTING WEIGHT: 278
GOAL WEIGHT: 190
HEIGHT: 6'0"
EYE COLOR: Green/hazel
HAIR COLOR: 1B/33! 1B/27! My real hair is dark brown.

Where you live: Dallas, TX
Where you grew up: All over (I'm a military brat) - but my home is Atlanta
Other places you’ve lived: Kansas, North Carolina, Arkansas, Missouri, South Korea, Georgia, Florida, Texas
Do you have kids? How old? No children
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? Middle, 1 Bro and 1 Sis
Languages, beside English, you speak: I can speak enough Spanish to "get by"
Who do you live with? 6 fish
Current job or field of work / studies: IT Consultant
Why did you choose South Beach? I wanted to kick my sugar habit once and for all while losing weight. While I believe that I will always love sugar, my sweet tooth is more tame now :)
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? I'd like to get off my blood pressure medication. I'd like to be (comfortably) out of the plus sizes, right now I'm hovering in that gray area between plus size and not plus size.
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? I have support besides 3FC, I have a group of friends all on SB.

Beyond the facts
Favorite books:Fictional Trash and "Reality Trash/Chick Lit" books (i.e. Chelsea Handler, Jen Lancaster, etc.).
Favorite kinds of music / bands: Lounge/chillout, Smooth Jazz, Old School Hip Hop, Old School R & B, Pop
Favorite movies: Money Talks, American Pie, The Hangover, Crash
Favorite saying / quote: "It is NOT about Me!" (currently my favorite)
Favorite holiday: Any holiday involving food, drinks, and friends :)
Hobbies: Cooking, music, reading, driving, PS2 (my new hobby!)
Passions / obsessions: The beach!
Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? I like both. I haven't been truly camping since Girl Scouts but I'd love to go!
Got pets? No pets except six fish. I love cats though, I've had three of them.
Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? Urban. I live in the heart of downtown Dallas now, and I LOVE it. I hardly drive anywhere and I have a gorgeous view of the city!
The place you’d most like to visit: I really would like to go back to South Korea. I'd also like to visit the South Pacific, the UK (or Europe in general), Africa, Canada (in the summer!), I could go on and on, I love to travel.
Best thing that ever happened to you: Living in South Korea. I think growing up in a military family gave me a broader outlook on different cultures.

FORMER OCCUPATION: IT Support Manager
FAVORITE COLOR: Blue, Purple, Indigo, Black
FAVORITE FOODS: Steak (or cow in any general form - burgers, cheesesteak, etc.), Wings, Chocolate, Pizza, Caesar Salad, Grilled food (in almost any form), Cookies
FAVORITE EXERCISE: The elliptical, Spin class, and maybe a lil' runnin'
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: emotional eating, stress eating (especially work related), low self esteem, and alcohol. I love to have drinks with the girls, but I have to stop if I want to continue to lose weight.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have been on a "lifestyle change" since 2004. I did weight watchers back then and it worked, but in 2007 I had a major "lapse" and went back to my old ways of eating. I also didn't really tame the sugar monster back then. So I figured that there was a piece of the puzzle I was missing, which was getting control of my sugar addiction. SBD helped me tame my sweet tooth and has helped me get rid of 50 pounds. I got a little comfortable during the holidays and regained about ten pounds, so I am getting my butt back in gear before I have to repurchase all the clothes I have gotten rid of! I have also cut out the hard liquor completely, and that along with Spin class has got the scale moving again.

Natasha1534
06-23-2010, 12:15 AM
User name/name: Natasha1534/Natasha (creative, no??? LOL)
Birthday: June 24th.
Marital Status: Single, never married.
Children/ages: None, none wanted.
Top Weight: 346
Current Weight: 301
Goal Weight: 180ish. I have a large frame and don't think I'll be able to go much lower...but if I could get to 150 - 160 I would be STOKED!!!
Height: 5 foot 6 inches
Eye Color: Hazel (changes w/ the seasons...blue in Summer, green in Fall, gray in Winter, and bluish-grayish in Spring)
Hair Color: Red
Hobbies/Interests: Music, Traveling, Photography, Geocaching, Swimming, etc.
Pets: 1 fat princess dog named Shadow. :)
Occupation: 911 dispatcher (Assistant Supervisor - Rank of Corporal)
Geographic Location: Warner Robins, GA
Favorite Color: Green...or pink...hmmmm, okay, green
Favorite Foods: My mom's pot roast (lots of potatoes and carrots) over rice OR my mom's cubed steak w/ gravy and mashed potatoes.
Favorite Exercise: Swimming.
Favorite Book(s): Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Nights in Rodanthe, Star, The Street Lawyer.
Favorite Movie(s): The Outsiders, American History X, The Notebook, Nights in Rodanthe, A Clockwork Orange, Super Troopers, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Slingblade, House of 1000 Corpses, Devils Rejects.
Favorite Music: Rehab, Maroon 5, Counting Crows, Tori Amos, Rihanna, Pink, System of a Down, No Doubt, Bare Jr., Kid Rock, Jewel, Sublime, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Reel Big Fish, Al Green, Sam Cooke, Metallica, Wyclef Jean.
Problem in Weight Loss: I've been fat for so long I'm not sure I remember how to be skinny...but I'm sure willing to learn!!! ;)
What is Different This Time That Will Make You Successful: This time I have an actual diet plan and I've never had that before. And I'm seeing results this time and it's encouraging me to keep on going.

sarahsk
06-27-2010, 11:37 AM
User name/name: Sarahsk--real name Sarah, as if you didn't already figure this out :D

Birthday: November 23, born on Thanksgiving day :)

Marital Status: Currently living with my wonderful boyfriend:hug:

Children/ages: Not yet, but I am a teacher so I like to say I have 72 crazy kiddos...

Top Weight: 195

Current Weight: 188 at last weigh in

Goal Weight: Around 150-140 pounds...we will see...

Height: about 5 foot 7 inches

Eye Color: brown

Hair Color:brown

Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching HGTV and dreaming of my future house, hanging out with my family and wonderful man, playing with my furry children, watching sports of all kinds, but my favorite is college football, hiking, camping, being on the water like the lake, river, ocean, or even pool, going to see/hear live music, gardening, the list goes on and on.....

Pets: My wonderful old dog, Siddalee who turns 11 next month, and our pesky rescue dog Riley who likes to wake me up early during my summer off!

Occupation: 5th and 6th grade history and geography teacher at a private school for gifted and accelerated children

Favorite Color: Green...and blue, and red, and yellow, and orange...I love colors.....
Favorite Foods: Wow...this is my problem....bread. I <3 bread. Well truthfully, I love food. Food is good.

Favorite Exercise: Swimming, taking classes like kickboxing, my Wii Fit, hiking, and taking long walks.

Favorite Book(s): This might take a while.....so how about favorite authors instead? JK Rowling, Kristen Hannah, Jennifer Weiner, Emily Giffin, Jody Picolt, Jane Green (been on a big Jane Green kick lately)...also books like Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, The Time Traveler's Wife, The Other Boleyn Girl, Marley and Me...Wow, I keep going but I will stop.

Favorite Movie(s): I am more of a tv girl, so my favorite tv shows are/were: LOST, Bones, Top Chef, the Office, shows on HGTV and True Blood. As far as movies go I like funny movies, romantic comedies, and hate anything violent or gory.

Favorite Music: Very eclectic music taste, anything from country to Coldplay...I love classical music, texas country....anything that catches my attention or makes me want to sing along.

Problem in Weight Loss: I feel like I have always struggled with my weight--but have come to realize I will never be that skinny girl. Now I want to be healthy and comfortable in my body--and hopefully look hot at my yet to be determined wedding!

What is Different This Time That Will Make You Successful: I had a bit of waking up call at the doctor about my health. I have always been the overweight but still healthy girl. Now the last of my excuses is gone. My doctor recommended SBD and if I can survive phase one, I think this a diet plan/lifestyle I can live with!;)

weezle
08-25-2010, 04:13 PM
User name/name: weezle / Lisa :D

Birthday: May 15

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged to Christopher

Children/ages: Christopher's daughter, Anna, 12

TOP WEIGHT: 160

CURRENT WEIGHT: 133

GOAL WEIGHT: 115

HEIGHT: 5'3"

HAIR COLOR: Red

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Volleyball, reading, cooking, singing, writing

PETS: Siberian Husky - Voodoo, Fat Cat - Bella

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Springfield, IL

FAVORITE FOODS: Macaroni and Cheese, anything Italian!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Volleyball

FAVORITE BOOK(S): A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): WAY too many to mention! I enjoy sci fi, comedies, and suspense/thrillers mostly. OH! And MST3K!!!

FAVORITE MUSIC: Joe Satriani, Dream Theater, KT Tunstall, Chickenfoot, Journey, Casting Crowns, Third Day, Nicole Nordeman, Fergie, Colbie Caillat, Pat Benetar, Ray LaMontagne, Heart, Jimmy Buffett, oh my the list could go on forever!

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Emotional eater, and have an Italian boyfriend with the metabolism of a 4 year old boy on crack, that loves to cook.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am determined to fit back into my own jeans, and I refuse to buy a bigger size!!!

Bellissa
09-11-2010, 08:55 PM
User name/name: Bellissa Real name: Jennie

Birthday: December 11

MARITAL STATUS: In a committed relationship

Children/ages: None, but lots of nieces and nephews! :carrot:

TOP WEIGHT: 205.0

CURRENT WEIGHT: 193.3

HEIGHT: 5' 4"

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown but dyed red, the subtle red that was already in my hair.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: College, baking, reading, writing, scrap-booking. Interests: Health, helping, nursing, nutrition.

PETS: My 5 month old (as if today) all black kitten Espresso! <3 She's my world!

OCCUPATION: Full-time student looking for a part-time job :dizzy:

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: O-H-I-O! (Go bucks!)

FAVORITE COLOR: Red! Also Black, but that's not really a color I suppose.

FAVORITE FOODS: Pasta, salad, buffalo chicken dip, dark chocolate, pizza, Subway!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Elliptical, Racquetball, Biking, Walking, Volleyball.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Most recent: Look Better Naked, Age Erasers, Michael Pollan's The Omnivore's Dilemma and Cosmopolitanism Magazine.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Labyrinth, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Wicker Park, Titanic, It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, Harry Potter Movies... so on.

FAVORITE MUSIC: Every type. It's the lyrics that matter Country and Indie/Alternative (Death Cab for Cutie, etc) I love older music like Perry Como.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Emotional eating, being bored or just not caring.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I love the SBD and it's very easy to follow. Not a diet, more of a lifestyle. I have a wonderful support system on here and from my peers. I've also set realistic goals and have a plan for rewards to keep me working toward these goals. :)

Nice to meet you ;)

BelovedK
10-16-2010, 08:26 PM
User name/name: BelovedK

Birthday: September 11th

MARITAL STATUS: Married one year (married in 2009)

Children/ages: Boy:15 Girl:10

TOP WEIGHT: 165

CURRENT WEIGHT: 158.8

GOAL WEIGHT: 132-5

HEIGHT: 5' 6.5"

HAIR COLOR: Deep red/brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Belly dancing, Tarot, mothering my children, photography.

PETS: one calm and sweet kitty, one wild cat, and one passive pit bull.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Virginia, USA

FAVORITE COLOR: I wear a whole lotta black, but love peacock greens and blues.

FAVORITE FOODS: Indian, Mexican, Thai.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Belly dancing and yoga (but I do a whole lot of interval training at home with DVDs)

FAVORITE BOOK(S): 'The Mists of Avalon' has always been my favorite book, but I haven't read it in a while. I read a lot of books on the Tarot, and diet/nutrition books, and I read Young Adult novels (because I am writing one)

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Hrm, I love Tim Burton films, and French films. I also love a good scary movie.

FAVORITE MUSIC: World Music/Middle Eastern music to belly dance to, Gothic/Industrial, Not sure of the genre, but I love artists like Tori Amos, and Fiona Apple... Punk, spooky/ambient music like Dark Sanctuary.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Using food as a self med when I am feeling unpleasant emotions (like boredom, or anger)

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am getting in touch with the root cause of the weight problem, I also reached a point where I was so miserable I couldn't live with myself.

jandaman
10-20-2010, 01:55 PM
User name/name: jandaman/janet

Birthday: Mar 11

MARITAL STATUS: taken! 9 years of unmarried bliss with akeem da dream =)

Children/ages: furbaby boo tazer, turns 3 this halloween

TOP WEIGHT: 96 kilos/211 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 96 kilos!

GOAL WEIGHT: 68 kilos/150 lbs

HEIGHT: 171 cm/ 5' 7"

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: bettie page black

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: travelling, concerts, reading, crafting&baking, tarot....

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Mainz, Germany

FAVORITE COLOR: fuchsia

FAVORITE FOODS: Mexican, Thai, Lebanese&Moroccan, fusion

FAVORITE EXERCISE: lifting weights at the gym, 30 day shred (cuz i love it when jillian kicks my tuckus) and yoga

FAVORITE BOOK(S): very eclectic: from neil gaiman's sandman over haruki murakami to david sedaris etc. etc.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): love me some horror/splatter e.g. sean of the dead-hilarious!!! also love tim burton

FAVORITE MUSIC: again with the eclectism...alterna/punk/country/emo/electro/hardcore/bluegrass/hiphop....

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: using food to alleviate any and all negative emotions...especially anxiety

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: i WILL learn to love myself. am currently in therapy and doing everything i can to achieve my goals

GiggleGoddess
12-27-2010, 03:53 AM
Hi!!!

I just found this website from my search for Dr. Oz's smoothie recipe. I love that man, lol! I think this forum is a great site and I just may stick around.

First name: Jessyka

Geographical location: Idaho

Marital Status: Living w/ boyfriend ("unofficial" fiancée *he hasn't proposed yet but we know we are going to get married someday)

Children/Ages: none

Pets: 1 Female Beta - Phoebe

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, listening to music, playing games, computers

Height: 5'3"

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I haven't started anything yet...I like the South Beach Diet plan but I don't know how to fully incorporate it since I still live at home w/ my folks and my parents insist getting all the bad stuff and the stuff I would need/want is a little more spendy and uneconomical to have separate stuff. If anyone has any ideas for this kind of situation I would love to hear them! I was in the WDW college program last year and before I left for Florida I weighed about 195/8 and when I came back home I was down to 172 (my boyfriend was amazed)...sadly I couldn't maintain that once I lived w/ my folks again (and I don't have a job now - being a costuming hostess is an extremely physical job and there was TONS of walking all day -especially using the tunnels getting from the back of the park to the front, lol) and so I'm back up to 185 and it sadly depresses me. I bought the Tony Little Gazelle earlier this year and haven't used it as much as I should have. I really don't want to gain anymore weight while I'm at my folk's so I'm going to do my best not to inch further up. I've tried eating recipes from the South Beach Diet (mostly just breakfasts and desert) and did that for a couple weeks before I got burnt out on the same things day in and day out. The SBD just makes plain sense to me, I just gotta figure out how to make it work for my situation and I gotta quit making excuses.

Starting Weight: Spring 2009: 195/8 :: Winter 2009,10 : 173 :: Spring/Summer 2010 : 175-180

Present Weight: 185

Goal Weight:My ultimate dream weight would be 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Living at my folk's place, not knowing how to incorporate a "diet" into my lifestyle, not making time to use my Gazelle Freestyle (aka exercise)

Following any specific plan: I would like to follow the SBD...it just makes plain sense to me! It should be called common sense, lol!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I have a forum board to go to for support, and use as a resource

Anything else you would like to share with us:I have been diagnosed (by symptoms) w/ PCOS when I was in high school but I don't believe that since my doctor didn't do any kind of testing to PROVE that I had it...I like anything natural or homeopathic and take a MultiVitamin, Omega 3, Cinammon, and immune booster daily. I've also used My Fitness Pal in the past but I got tired of having to count my calories all the time...it got tiresome and was not something I could continue...I prefer being able to choose better foods instead of counting every little thing...it provides better flexibility and won't drive me crazy, lol

tanner'smom
12-30-2010, 06:09 PM
User name/name: tanner'smom/Jasmine

Birthday: May 23rd

MARITAL STATUS: Married

Children/ages: boy-6

TOP WEIGHT: 237

CURRENT WEIGHT: 232

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT: 5' 5"

HAIR COLOR: Dirty Blonde

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, hanging out with family and friends, watching cheesy movies

PETS: 2 crazy cats

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Colorado

FAVORITE FOODS: tortialla chips, cheese, baked goods

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I read a lot and have lots of favorites, right now I would have to say I am in love with my Nook, because it lets me read so much

FAVORITE MUSIC: I love music! Right now I am listening to a lot of Broadway show music, thanks to my son's love of it.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Falling off the wagon

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: It is under Dr.'s orders which is a scary thing

wantabetterme
01-10-2011, 11:07 AM
User name/name: Wantabetterme

BIRTHDAY: Jan 18

MARITAL STATUS: Married 2 1/2 years

TOP WEIGHT: 261

CURRENT WEIGHT: 240

HEIGHT: 5'7"

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: little bit of everything

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: dogs, camping, spending time with family, dominoes, fishing, hunting

PETS: 3 dogs (1 inside/2 outside) and 2 wild cottontail rabbits that have decided to live in my yard.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: South Texas

FAVORITE COLOR: steel blue

FAVORITE FOODS: chinese, mexican, cajun (really picky - NOT- can't you tell)

FAVORITE EXERCISE: elliptical and recumbent bike

FAVORITE BOOK(S): don't really take as much time to read as I should/been sticking to magazines lately

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): such a wide array --- favorites include Open Range, Wild Hogs, and Gran Torino

FAVORITE MUSIC: I listen to everything except rap/classical --- like oldies, 70's rock, classic country, some current country, some jazz

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: They've always been DIETS not life changes

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: There is nothing that I want more than to be a mom. I have been ready for children for a long time and feel that weight is one of the biggest things I have against me.

AmyKitKat
01-10-2011, 11:29 AM
User name/name: AmyKitKat/Amy

BIRTHDAY: Dec 11

MARITAL STATUS: Married 12.5 years

Children/ages: DD/4, DS/7

TOP WEIGHT: 170

CURRENT WEIGHT: 166

EYE COLOR: gray

HAIR COLOR: light brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: baking, LOTRO (not as much as I used to), being a mom :dizzy: (essential hobby??)

PETS: 1 cat, our dog of 12 years just died

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Milwaukee, WI

FAVORITE COLOR: dark gray

FAVORITE FOODS: Polish/Hungarian

FAVORITE EXERCISE: running (more of a jog pace)

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Anything by Anne Rice :o (Terrible given that I've finished my coursework for a Masters in Literature)

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Sin City

FAVORITE MUSIC: Enya, Beatles, Green Day - wide range

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Figuring out how to have fun on the weekends without beer/wine and sweets; figuring out how to navigate social events while eating the way I know I should

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Realizing what my weight loss issue is and using this site to hold myself accountable rather than just relying on will power

myyear
01-13-2011, 09:25 AM
User name: Myyear

BIRTHDAY: September 22

MARITAL STATUS: married

Children: Chiweenie dog

TOP WEIGHT: 207

CURRENT WEIGHT: 190ish

HAIR COLOR: Silver

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Bible study, gardening, cooking, reading, old movies

PETS: 1 dog

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: California

FAVORITE COLOR: Red

FAVORITE FOODS: Steak

FAVORITE BOOK(S): The Bible

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Fireproof; The Ghost and Mrs. Muir; Lars and the Real Girl

FAVORITE MUSIC: Christian music; oldies

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Turning a diet into a lifestyle

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Making South Beach a way of life and not just another diet to go on/off.

beckyh
01-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Basic facts
Name (real first name if you feel comforable):Becky

Age (or general age group): 34

Where you live: Huntsville, AL

Where you grew up: My dad was military, but we moved here when I was 9, so Huntsville is really the only place I can say I grew up.

Other places you’ve lived: Germany, Texas

Do you have kids? How old? Yes, 1 boy that is 8 years old

Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? I am the youngest of 3 girls

Languages, beside English, you speak: French, my mom is French and my sister's and I were raised bilingual

Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? My husband and kiddo

Current job or field of work / studies: I work in credit and collections for a poultry distributor.

Why did you choose South Beach? Because it just makes sense to eat this way.
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? Short term? Long term I want to get me and my family eating healthier and at healthy weights. My son is considered obese (he has now lost 9 lbs since we started SB) and I want him to teach him how to make good choices.Short term: I want to get down within a healthy weight range. I am the best girl in my friend Chad's wedding and I want to look pretty in my dress.

Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)?My husband eats what I eat, but he still loves his Cokes. He is trying the Coke Zero so he can at least not drink his calories. My son is on plan with me too.

Beyond the facts

Favorite books: Harry Potter Series, Twilight Series and the Marked Series. I also like True Crime and Thrillers.

Favorite kinds of music / bands:I like all sorts of music. Everything from Hip Hop to Opera, but my favorite is anything I can move to. I love to dance!

Favorite movies: The 5th Element

Favorite saying / quote: I don't really have one.

Favorite holiday: CHRISTMAS!!!

Hobbies:I love to read and have re-taken up cross stitching. My best friend and I choreograph dances for weddings.

Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? Rural

The place you’d most like to visit: I would like to visit France to see some of my family there. I haven't been since I was 13 years old, so the only ones I have seen have been the ones that I have come here.

Best thing that ever happened to you: Meeting my husband and the birth of my son.

Tell us something else about yourself that you want to share that not too many people know: I have a dual citizenship with France and the USA.

BIRTHDAY: May 20th

TOP WEIGHT:178

SB STARTING WEIGHT: 178

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

HEIGHT: 5'6

HAIR COLOR: Dark, dark brown

FAVORITE COLOR: Orange

FAVORITE FOODS: Mexican Food!

FAVORITE EXERCISE:Jogging and dancing

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Portion Control

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am looking out for more than just me. I am doing this with and for my whole family. I don't want my son growing up being teased because of his weight. I want him to make good food choices as an adult. I am hoping what I am teaching him now will stick with him forever.

BellaLucia
01-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Basic facts:
Name (real first name if you feel comfortable): Okiemute
Age (or general age group): 27
Where you live: Bowie, MD
Where you grew up: Lagos, Nigeria and Riverdale, MD
Other places you’ve lived: San Diego, CA and Tampa, Florida.
Do you have kids? How old? I'm without kids.
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? Oldest of three.
Languages, beside English, you speak: Spanish, Urhobo, Yoruba.
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? I live with my parents.
Current job or field of work / studies: I'm in school for child care.
Why did you choose South Beach? A friend told me about it.
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? To lose weight and be healthy.
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? I have support online.
BIRTHDAY: May 20th

TOP WEIGHT:330

SB STARTING WEIGHT: 330

GOAL WEIGHT: 154

FAVORITE FOODS: Rice, fried plantains and chicken.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: N/A

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Wanting to eat junk foods!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My health is being compromised, I'm prediabetic and have HBP!

Beyond the facts
Favorite books: Romance novels.
Favorite kinds of music / bands: I like music of the 60s& 70s
Favorite movies: Harry Potter movies, Closer and the Godfather Trilogies
Favorite saying / quote: I came, I saw, I conquered.
Hobbies: Internet (obviously), Reading and Journaling
Passions / obsessions: Family and Friends and being a good Christian.
Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? Definitely not a camping or hiking person.
Got pets? What kind? (feel free to add some adorable photos) No pets
Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? Suburban
The place you’d most like to visit: London
Best thing that ever happened to you: Being born
Tell us something else about yourself that you want to share that not too many people know: I am still a virgin and plan to remain that way till marriage.

geekmomba
01-20-2011, 02:11 AM
Basic facts:
Name (real first name if you feel comfortable): geekmomba / Christy
Age (or general age group): 56
Where you live: Lynnwood, WA
Where you grew up: Seattle, WA
Other places you’ve lived: Fall City, WA; Sedona, AZ; Henderson, NV
Do you have kids? How old? Kids are grown and married. :)
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? Oldest with one brother, two years younger
Languages, beside English, you speak: I wish.
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? Currently living with a roommate and her dog, Cadence.
Current job or field of work / studies: Unemployed, looking for an IT project manager position
Why did you choose South Beach? I have hyper-insulinism, and this works well with that problem.
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? To lose weight and be healthy.
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? My daughter and roommate are currently South Beaching as well
BIRTHDAY: March 29

MARITAL STATUS: Widowed <sigh> in July of 2009...lost the love of my life to cancer.

TOP WEIGHT:278

SB STARTING WEIGHT: 275.2

HEIGHT: 5'3

HAIR COLOR: Medium Ash Brown (from a bottle...no gray for me ;) )

FAVORITE FOODS: Chocolate, Earl Gray Tea, Brown Rice

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Water Aerobics

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Being a social eater; loving desserts.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: This is not a DIET it is a LIFESTYLE...I am not looking for a quick fix.

Beyond the facts
Favorite books: Too many to mention...even too many genres.
Favorite kinds of music / bands: Everything except RAP
Favorite movies: The Shooter, The Blind Side, Star Trek
Favorite saying / quote: Christy's Rule of 85: When I'm 85, is this something I'm going to care about?
Hobbies: All things geek; crafts, reading, playing piano.
Passions / obsessions: Grandkids and being a good Christian.
Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? Like it all.
Got pets? What kind? (feel free to add some adorable photos) Had a cat, but roommate is allergic.
The place you’d most like to visit: Tuscany, Italy; Australia
Best thing that ever happened to you: Becoming a follower of Jesus Christ
Tell us something else about yourself that you want to share that not too many people know: I was molested as an 8 year old, and to this day I wonder if this had something to do with my weight gain.

Doing a 40 day challenge...go sista, go!

Mabenda0
01-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Basic facts

Name (real first name if you feel comforable):Madeleine, or Maddie
Age (or general age group): 23
Where you live: Maryland
Where you grew up: Maryland
Other places you’ve lived: Virginia
Do you have kids? How old? Don't see them in my future. But I like other people's kids because you can give them back!
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? I am the oldest. I have a younger brother and sister.
Languages, beside English, you speak: none
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? I live with a roomate and my bf basically lives with me :-)
Current job or field of work / studies:I am a receptionist and a part time student.
Why did you choose South Beach?It worked for my momma, who is also a member of 3fc, and because I was so dependent on sugar and carbs. I wanted to see if I could wean myself off of them. In the meantime I found my love of vegetables!!!
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? Short term? Long term,I want to stick to my goal weight and not give up!
Short term; I'd just like to make it through these two weeks of phase one again and actually see a large change on the scale :-)
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)?My mom is been on plan for years now, she is my biggest support in this diet bc she is so suprised at how much I have changed my eating habits in the last 7 months.

Beyond the facts
Favorite books: VOGUE and Shape Magazine. The only books I read are my school textbooks :-(
Favorite kinds of music / bands:So many; Missy Higgins, Britney Spears, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, and anything else you can dance to!
Favorite movies: Marie Antoinette
Favorite saying / quote: Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!
Favorite holiday: Valentines Day
Hobbies:Dance, working out, cooking.
Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? I hate outdoor activities. I am too high maintenance.
Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? urban
The place you’d most like to visit: Nepal, Italy, Greece, and France.
Best thing that ever happened to you: Finding my bf.
Tell us something else about yourself that you want to share that not too many people know: I secretly am addicted to working out.

BIRTHDAY: March 31

MARITAL STATUS: In a relationship

TOP WEIGHT:175

SB STARTING WEIGHT: 155

GOAL WEIGHT: 129

HAIR COLOR: Blonde

FAVORITE COLOR: Pink and Black

FAVORITE FOODS: Love anything spicy!!! I love sushi!

FAVORITE EXERCISE:Dance class, Crossfit. Yoga, Boxing.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I always want to drink on the weekend and it interferes with my weight loss.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am so close to my goal weight, and I want it so badly.

Cheelay
01-26-2011, 08:14 AM
Basic facts:
Name (real first name if you feel comforable):Chris/Cheelay
Age (or general age group):34
BIRTHDAY: April 2
MARITAL STATUS: 15 yrs married
TOP WEIGHT:330 good heavens
SBD STARTING WEIGHT:330
GOAL WEIGHT: 160 lbs
EYE COLOR:Hazel
HAIR COLOR: Blond/brown

Where you live:Quebec
Where you grew up:Ontario
Other places you’ve lived:Mexico
Do you have kids? Nope
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings?Only child
Languages, beside English, you speak:French, Spanish
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)?My husband Paul
Current job or field of work / studies:Accountant
Why did you choose South Beach? Love it and it works fast.
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? I want to live instead of existing to live for food.
Short term? Be able to be more active.
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? My husband is super supportive, and so are my co-workers, amongst you guys...

Beyond the facts
Favorite books:Healing, Reiki, and Spiritual/Crossing Over
Favorite kinds of music / bands: I love the old 80's music.
Favorite movies:PS I love you.
Favorite saying / quote: Well ain't that the cat's ***.
Favorite holiday:Christmas
Hobbies: Cooking, travelling, nature and pets.
Passions / obsessions:Cooking and travel, obsessed with Chinese food.
Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? I love roughing it as much as I love the spa for a day...
Got pets? I have Cheelay who is blind in one eye chinchilla whom I rescued, he's my baby and has been with me for 3 years. I also have Ruby, she is a gerbil, crazy and very active...
Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? I live in the city, beside the mountains. Country like setting.
The place you’d most like to visit: Machu Pichu - I want to climb to the top and feel the vibe.
Best thing that ever happened to you: My husband Paul, he is my lover, my best friend, my soul mate.

FORMER OCCUPATION: Accountant again...
FAVORITE FOODS: Authentic chinese food, greek food, lebanese food and giant rib steaks hot off the BBQ with yummy baked potato and ceasar salad...
FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking and yoga when I'm thin enough to bend over. lol
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I LOVE FOOD!
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have to live, I want to be with my husband forever.

citizenpeace
01-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Name (real first name if you feel comforable): Shannon
Age (or general age group):30
BIRTHDAY: September
TOP WEIGHT: 351
SBD STARTING WEIGHT: 351
GOAL WEIGHT: 150 lbs
HEIGHT: 5'7.5 (always get my 1/2 in there!)

Where you live: Southern California
Where you grew up:Cali girl, born & bred
Other places you’ve lived: NYC
Do you have kids? No
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings?Only child
Languages, beside English, you speak: Spanglish. Okay, nothing else.
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? Currently back at home with ma!
Current job or field of work / studies: Unemployed Writer, hence: (see above)

Why did you choose South Beach? Had leg pains; in 2006, dug the book out of a drawer and put it to work!
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? I want food to be mainly fuel and no longer my top priority. I want to be fit and strong, as well.
Short term? Fit into the pea-coat I bought in England 3 years ago!
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? My mom actually helped me lose my 1st 100 lbs by creating/cooking a variety of SB-friendly recipes. She's great to have in my corner!

Beyond the facts
Favorite books: 'James and the Giant Peach', 'The Bridge of San Luis Rey', 'Memoirs of a Geisha', anything by Jane Austen
Favorite kinds of music / bands: Everything, especially 80's music, musical soundtracks and Alt-pop.
Favorite movies:'When Harry Met Sally', 'Sense and Sensibility'
Favorite saying / quote: "That's Craaaazy" or "Cool Beans"
Favorite holiday:Christmas
Hobbies: Movies, Television, Pop-Culture
Passions / obsessions:Writing.
Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? Roughing it for me is s'mores... On the patio of a bar.
Got pets? Deliciously fat 14 year-old cat named Maximillian. He needs no diet!
Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? Suburban, but I dig Urban.
The place you’d most like to visit: Buenos Aires & Rio De Janeiro.
Best thing that ever happened to you: Losing my 1st 100 lbs!

FAVORITE COLOR: White. Which technically isn't a color. Dig green, too.
FAVORITE FOODS: Anything sweet or fried. Preferably both.
FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking while jamming to iPod.
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Living to eat
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Much as I want to deny it, my weight holds me back. I'm too fabulous to feel inhibited!

Mum2Monkeys
01-31-2011, 11:34 PM
User name/name: Mum2Monkeys / Jess

Birthday: July 31

MARITAL STATUS: Married since 2003

Children/ages: J. 5 1/2, Z. 3 1/2

EYE COLOR: Green Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Varies lol Light Ash Brown at the moment

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, painting, photography

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Southern VA

FAVORITE COLOR: Blue, Green, and Purple, in that order

FAVORITE FOODS: BBQ Ribs

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Sleeping? :P Walking (treadmill) or Pilates

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Romance novels.. Any romance novels lol

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Pride and Prejudice (A&E version), A-Team, anything Tim Burton

FAVORITE MUSIC: Varies by mood, but at the moment, Pop, R&B, and Industrial

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I'm an "all-or-nothing" type of person in general, and in weight loss, this means that if I "slip", I tend to say "to heck with it" and give up

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My husband is doing this with me, which will help me over the initial hurdles

cafelatte
02-06-2011, 09:01 AM
User name/name: cafelatte

Birthday: September 22nd

MARITAL STATUS: Yes!

Children/ages: year old dog

HAIR COLOR: Silver

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: old movies, reading.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: California

FAVORITE FOODS: Sirloin Steak

FAVORITE BOOK(S): The Bible

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Ghost and Mrs. Muir; Lars and the Real Girl

FAVORITE MUSIC: All types

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Trouble in Committing to a Plan

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm making this a lifestyle, not another diet.

justmary
02-20-2011, 01:47 AM
USER NAME/NAME: justmary/Mary

BIRTHDAY: November 13

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced as of June, 2010 after 26 years of marriage

CHILDREN/AGES: 2 sons, 25/23

PETS: One cat, Siamese mix, 6 years old named MamaKitty

EYE COLOR: Blue Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Really gray...need to color it

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, watching Netflix, spending time on computer

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Arkansas

FAVORITE FOODS: Fried chicken, potatoes/gravy, iced sweet tea:o

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Harry Potter/LOTR/Wheel of Time series

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Harry Potter/LOTR

FAVORITE MUSIC: Christian, country

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Trouble getting started. Once I make that hurdle, I can usually do ok.:crossed:

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm doing it for my oldest son (to help him) as well as doing it for my health. I'm about 175 pounds overweight, have uncontrolled diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and asthma. I don't want to die. With time running out I've now decided I really want to live.

claire0412
02-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Name (real first name if you feel comforable): claire0412 / Claire
Age (or general age group):25
BIRTHDAY: 4th December
MARITAL STATUS: Single (seems wrong to write single when I live with my bf!)
TOP WEIGHT: ever, hmm around 165
SBD STARTING WEIGHT: 152
GOAL WEIGHT: 140 ish
HEIGHT: 5'8''
EYE COLOR: Green/yellow/blue mix
HAIR COLOR: Dark brown

Where you live: Vienna, Austria
Where you grew up: London, UK
Other places you’ve lived: Krems, Austria
Do you have kids? How old? None yet!
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? Oldest of three
Languages, beside English, you speak: German (all day every day!)
Who do you live with? my boyfriend
Current job or field of work / studies: primary school teacher
Why did you choose South Beach? I think sugar is evil, but unfortunately I addicted to it. I blame it for everything including my hormone problems, skin problems, stomach problems and extra flab. I want to see if I'm right!
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? I'd love to shake the sugar addiction, to not be a slave to my food intolerance, to set a good example to the kids in my class (what some parents consider good brain food for school is shocking) and to get clued up about nutrition / out of the diet cycle before I have children of my own, so they don't learn my bad habits.

Beyond the facts
Favorite kinds of music / bands: Britpop, neue deutsche Welle, Tocotronic
Favorite holiday: backpacking around or snowboarding (active, active, active!) I can't imagine a more boring holiday than a beach holiday.
Hobbies: Cooking, meeting friends, photography, creating cool teaching props
Passions / obsessions: food and cocktails
Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? roughing it! I love hiking, especially in the snow.
The place you’d most like to visit: South America esp. Peru; Cuba before Castro dies; New Zealand to visit relatives; anyway North enough to watch the Northern Lights.
r
FAVORITE COLOR: purple
FAVORITE FOODS: chocolate in any form (oh dear); salmon and Asian food.
FAVORITE EXERCISE: running. I'm training to beat my 1/2 marathon PB.
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Giving up on the chance to have my perfect body because I can't be bothered. Thinking a little bit of extra wobble is worth the extra chocolate...

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I think it'll be easier to run the 1/2 marathon if I am a bit lighter. Also, I really want to do this to get rid of the sugar crashes and aforementioned problems. I really think a high carb diet disagrees with me, and if I carry on eating high carb, low fat, i'll be missing out on lots of important nutrients. I want to improve my health, and not just my waistline (although that as well). I also feel like, at 25, I only have a few more years until the body wrecking ball (pregnancy) hits and i'd like to enjoy a few years of a flat stomach ;-)

sammijean
02-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Basic facts:
Name (real first name if you feel comforable): Samantha

Age (or general age group): 22

Where you live: North Carolina, USA

Where you grew up: Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Other places you’ve lived: 29 Palms California, Meridian Mississippi

Do you have kids? How old? Nope.

Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? I'm a middle child. Three sisters (24, 18, 14)

Languages, beside English, you speak: None.

Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? I live with my husband.

Current job or field of work / studies: I currently do not have a job.

Why did you choose South Beach? I really didn't want to "diet" and have to count calories, carbs, points, etc. I just wanted to eat healthy.

What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? Short term? I just want to be comfortable with who I am and enjoy looking at what I see in the mirror. Short term? I'm not really sure there is a short term goal with this lifestyle change.

Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? My husband - although I think he's going to struggle a bit. He's naturally tall + thin, and I just think he wants to eat those hamburgers + drink his Coke.

Beyond the facts:
Favorite books: I'm a huge fan of mystery novels. Also, the Shopaholic books... but I haven't read the newest one yet. Hope it's as good as the rest of them!

Favorite kinds of music / bands: I'm pretty open to everything, but I really like indie music.

Favorite movies: Oh, this one is hard. I can do my newest favorite movie? Black Swan.

Favorite saying / quote: Oh - I don't have one of these.

Favorite holiday: I really like all holidays. But maybe Easter??

Hobbies: Scrapbooking, cooking/baking, reading, watching movies, cross stitching, shopping

Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? I definitely like camping + hiking, but I do not like all "roughing" it activities.

Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? Extremely rural.

The place you’d most like to visit: Oh, I think that's every place in the world! Top places? Japan, Sweden, Africa, and Australia.

Best thing that ever happened to you: Meeting my husband.

BIRTHDAY: 6 June 1988

MARITAL STATUS: Married since October 2010

TOP WEIGHT:167

SB STARTING WEIGHT: 167

GOAL WEIGHT: 135

HEIGHT: 5'5"

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: Reddish Brown

FAVORITE COLOR: Green + Purple (I can't choose!)

FAVORITE FOODS: Sushi

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Running

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not being able to eat everything I want...

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I suppose desperation? I'm tired of waking up in the morning to clothes that don't fit... and just feeling unattractive towards my husband. I have never been this big - but about a year ago I got out of the Marine Corps... was put on a new birth control... got a job at a fudge shop... and gained about 30 pounds. It just needs to end.

RandoMandaPanda
02-28-2011, 06:24 PM
User name/name: RandoMandaPanda / Amanda

Birthday: April 20

MARITAL STATUS: Just left by my son's father/live in boyfriend of 6 years

Children/ages: Cristian, 4

TOP WEIGHT: 294

CURRENT WEIGHT: 241

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'9"

HAIR COLOR: Dishwater Blonde

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Crochet, drawing, twitter, photography (primarily landscape), general crafting, hand made stencils (not your grandmama's stencils!), politics, international travel, food!, raising my four year old monster ;-)

PETS: None

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Cornelius, NC - On Lake Norman

FAVORITE FOODS: There are so many! I'm something of a foodie. At the moment I wanna say shrimp tacos...

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking, running after the munchkin, swimming

FAVORITE BOOK(S): A Wrinkle In Time, The Green Mile, The Exorcist, Misery

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Braveheart, The Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption, Changeling

FAVORITE MUSIC: Oh God, there are so many... Anything but polka, really! In post-rock and electronica: Sigur Rós, Múm, Aphex Twin, God Is An Astronaut, and Explosions In The Sky. In alternative: Incubus, Bush, The Black Keys, STP, Jimmy Eat World, A Day To Remember. In hip hop/rap: Outkast, Lil Wayne, Lauryn Hill, Jay Z, Ludacris, KRS-1. In country: Carrie Underwood, Martina McBride, Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw. In pop: Britney, GaGa, Leona Lewis, Ke$ha, Adele. In Latin pop & rock: Sin Bandera, Bacilos, Maná, Juanes, Ekhymosis, Enanitos Verdes, Café Tacuba.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I get distracted... I get sidetracked from diets, put them off for a week as a break and forget to take them back on, and I have a twisted relationship with food, varying between overrestriction and binges... My metabolism is SCREWED, so simple 'calories in vs calories out' calculation doesn't do it for me. SBD is the way to go!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm joining here! Hopefully you guys will help me hold myself accountable! ;-)

maydaymayday911
03-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Basic facts:
Name : Jess
Where you live: Virginia
Where you grew up: Virginia
Other places you’ve lived: Alabama, Georgia, California, Texas, Massachusetts
Do you have kids? Nope
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? Oldest with two younger brothers.
Languages, beside English, you speak: Allegedly I speak French and Russian, according to school transcripts (I do not)
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? With my boyfriend. It's really like having a child.
Why did you choose South Beach? I like SB because (a) the rapid weight loss of Phase 1 helps rev me up with instant gratification, (b) almost everything that I eat that's bad for me is on the "no" list, and (c) I've had a lot of success in the past.
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? Short term, to get back to college weight. Long term, to train my eyes and stomach to agree on what are good food choices so I don't ever have to diet again.
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? My boyfriend has agreed not to make fun of it, if that counts as support. My family is behind me as well.

Beyond the facts
Favorite books: Cat's Cradle, A Song of Ice and Fire, American Psycho
Favorite kinds of music / bands: Classic Rock/Ironic 80s Music
Favorite movies: The Princess Bride, Star Wars
Favorite holiday: Halloween
Hobbies: Internet, video games, singing, going out.
Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? I'll do anything active!
Got pets? What kind? (feel free to add some adorable photos) Two cats that are currently crashing at my mom's.
Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? My city has sprawled to the point where urban and suburban have combined.
The place you’d most like to visit: Australia.
Best thing that ever happened to you: Getting to pet the dolphins at Sea World
Tell us something else about yourself that you want to share that not too many people know: I sometimes sneak in romantic comedies when no one is looking.

sparklylikeaholiday
03-23-2011, 01:54 PM
User name/name: Sparklylikeahoilday / Zannie

BIRTHDAY: December 8

MARITAL STATUS: No longer married.

Children/ages: 8 year old boy.

TOP WEIGHT: 253

CURRENT WEIGHT: 209.5

GOAL WEIGHT: 165

HEIGHT: 5' 2"

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, iPadding (is that a word?), dancing, hiking, painting, crafts, hanging out with friends, movies/tv, home decor.

HOME LOCATION: Washington DC Metro Area

FAVORITE COLOR: Chartreuse

FAVORITE FOOD: Ice Cream

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Hiking

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Mindless eating.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am changing my lifestyle due to a scary health issue.

peasandcarrots
03-25-2011, 01:42 AM
I'm P&C. Not always PC, and definitely not P&G. You all can call me Peas.
I live in the PNW.
I've got three kids and a husband, ranging in age from one to thirty six.
I'm thirty. I helped my husband beat type 2 diabetes with diet and exercise, yet I can't quite bring myself to even try to be healthy. I know I need to be for my children.
I have to lose just over 100 lbs to get to a normal BMI.
I'm a talk big, but lack the followthrough.

I dream of being 140, but that seems so far away.

I'll add more to my bio as I get comfortable.

imaginemama
04-08-2011, 12:41 AM
User name/name: imaginemama

Birthday: June 18

MARITAL STATUS: Married for 11 years

Children/ages: dd about to turn 8, ds 6

HEIGHT: 6'00"

HAIR COLOR: Brunette

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, camping, cooking, and doing projects with my kids.

FAVORITE FOODS: I just love food! I really love trying new flavors and combinations.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: swimming, pilates

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I read constantly, so I have a million favorites! But Diana Gabaldon would have to be my choice if I have to choose 1 favorite author.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Beautiful Girls

FAVORITE MUSIC: Love a little of everything, but favorites would have to be U2, Bob Marley, Indigo Girls, and sooo many more!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Well, I haven't ever really seriously dieted before. Really, I have never really had a weight problem before. I have put on 20 lbs in the past year, and I just want to do what I have to do to change my habits - clearly my 30-something body is not going to be as cooperative as my 20-something body was!

The instigation for going with SB is that my husband has about 70-80 lbs to lose, and is struggling with blood pressure and cholesterol. We decided that this was a great way to do this together!

anna78
04-17-2011, 09:28 PM
User name/name: Anna78/Anna

BIRTHDAY: April 10

MARITAL STATUS: Married since Nov 1997

Children/ages: Twin 12 yr old boys

TOP WEIGHT: 278 in 2010 I am not far from that now

CURRENT WEIGHT: 270

GOAL WEIGHT: 170 for starters

HEIGHT: 5' 3"

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: spending time with family and friends, surfing the net

HOME LOCATION:Missouri

FAVORITE FOODS: Very few foods that aren't my favorite

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking and jogging

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I feel I am out of control with food... it rules my life. I make all the wrong choices and bing. Yo Yo dieting

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am ready to reprogram my brain. I am ready to make a life style choice.

DtheFashionista
04-18-2011, 02:40 PM
User name/name: DtheFashionist Real name: Danielle

Birthday: April 16th

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged. Wedding will be 9/10/11

Children/ages: None.

TOP WEIGHT: 277 then did 2 rounds of HCG

CURRENT WEIGHT: 229

GOAL WEIGHT: 160

HEIGHT: 5' 10"

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Hanging out with friends, FASHION (even though I can't fit into half the stuff I love!!) and spending time with my fiance and our puppy.

PETS: 1 year old malti-poo (he turns one 4/20) Remy.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Northwest Washington

FAVORITE FOODS: PIZZA! JUNK FOOD! Candy and Chips.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking the dog.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Anything by David Sedaris.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Most recent favorite is UP!.

FAVORITE MUSIC: Pretty much anything. I like classic rock...Fleetwood Mac has been playing a lot for me.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I'm an emotional eater!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm determined to be happy with my wedding photos in September I've already lost practically 50 lbs!

NurseKim112
04-19-2011, 09:15 AM
Basic facts:
Name : Kim
Marital Status: Married on 10/20/07 to my best friend Mike
Where you live: Florida
Where you grew up: Kissimmee, FL, born and raised
Other places you’ve lived: Never left FL
Do you have kids? No, trying now with fert treatments, 3 miscarraiges :(
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? Youngest, I have 1 brother who is 10 yrs older
Languages, beside English, you speak:Only English
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? My husband and our dogs
Why did you choose South Beach? I did this diet 6 yrs ago and lost 50 lbs and it seemed effortless. It is the only diet that I really like the food choices and portions allowed.
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? To be at a comfortable weight so when I do get pregnant my baby and I are as healthy as can be. Also, to learn to make smart choices for my health.
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? My husband is doing it with me. He is 6'7" and 239 lbs so he doesn't have much to lose but he will still maintain.

Beyond the facts
Favorite books: Twilight, The Shopaholic Series
Favorite kinds of music / bands: Dave Matthews Band forever!
Favorite movies: Twilight Series, Bridget Jones' Diary and Romantic Comedies!
Hobbies: Card Making, Wii Fit Plus, Weekends at the beach
Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? I love camping as long as there is a bathroom, shower and electrical outlet at the site
Got pets? What kind? 3 dogs: Australian Shepherd, Black Lab and a Lab, pit, chow mix (he's a sweetheart).
The place you’d most like to visit: Fiji
Best thing that ever happened to you: Meeting and marrying the most amazing man in the world:hug:

ILRPinkGirl
04-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Basic facts:
Name : Ashley
Occupation: Human Resources, but headed back to school for my Master's in the fall!
Marital Status: Single
Where you live: Connecticut
Where you grew up: Moved around a bit, but mostly Ithaca, NY
Other places you’ve lived: Long list, lol....Boston, Washington DC, Bloomington, IL, and a few other places around upstate New York and New Jersey
Do you have kids? No
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? I am the oldest, with one younger brother who's 17
Languages, beside English, you speak:Only English
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? Just me in my apartment, but I'm lucky enough to have two of my best friends living in the same complex
Why did you choose South Beach? I did this diet about 4 years ago and had quite a bit of success. I feel like Phase 2 is definitely do-able, and I think Phase 1 is really helpful with my clear sugar addiction. Also, I like the principals in general, I think the reasoning for this choice is really logical, something I can be on-board with.
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? I want to get to a healthy weight and make walking/jogging part of my regular lifestyle. And more specifically, I want to go back to school this fall feeling more confident, and want to feel comfortable enough with myself to really start dating again, since it's been quite a while!
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? No one is necessarily doing South Beach with me, but my best friend is working on getting a healthier lifestyle as well. She only has to lose like 10% of what I do and she's not on the same plan as me, but she's been good emotional support, and we've been cooking healthy dinners together every other night.

Beyond the facts
Favorite books: Anything on my Nook, lol! Favorite recent read is Water for Elephants, can't wait to see the movie!
Favorite kinds of music / bands: In terms of popular music, Black Eyed Peas...but I am a closeted showtunes lover!
Favorite movies: Moulin Rouge, Apollo 13, Twister, Twilight Series
Favorite holiday: Halloween (surprisingly not for the candy, but I LOVE decorating for Halloween, and it also marks the start of the winter holiday season!)
Hobbies: piano, tennis, reading
Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? I've never been camping and don't imagine I would like it, but I do like taking walks outdoors, especially in a nearby park that has a lot of hiking trails
Got pets? What kind? I can't even keep a goldfish alive, so for the safety of animals everywhere, I am pet-free
The place you’d most like to visit: Anywhere in Europe, probably Paris
Best thing that ever happened to you: My brother is like a best friend to me, so when he was 14, getting to take him to Disney World just the two of us was the greatest trip, and was a huge bonding experience for us!

asphyxia63
05-10-2011, 03:20 PM
USERNAME/NAME: asphyxia63/katie

BIRTHDAY: January 6

MARITAL STATUS: married, newlywed

CHILDREN: none, well, my kitties

TOP WEIGHT: around 150 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 139 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 110 lbs

HEIGHT: 5'1

EYE COLOR: greenish

HAIR COLOR: dark brown with some reddish tones

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: sewing, cooking, crafting, kitties

PETS: two kitties a big fluffy orange one and a little gray and white one

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Central New York State, USA

FAVORITE COLOR: black, pink, yellow

FAVORITE FOODS: cheese

FAVORITE EXERCISE: roller skating, particularly roller derby

FAVORITE BOOK(S): don't read much, most recent probably twilight series :o

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): true romance, empire records

FAVORITE MUSIC: lots of things... rare 60's girl groups, cyndi lauper, things that are fun to sing/dance to

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: boredom snacking, binge eating, breads, pastas

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: i want to feel good about myself! pay attention to what triggers the eating and avoid it!

Alice E
05-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Basic facts:
Name (real first name if you feel comfortable): Alice
Age (or general age group): 26
Where you live: Oklahoma City
Where you grew up: Indiana
Other places you’ve lived: West Virginia, Florida, Arkansas, Virginia, Texas
Do you have kids? nope
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? middle of three girls
Who do you live with? My older sister
Current job or field of work / studies: I'm unemployed and that's why I'm living with my sister :)

Why did you choose South Beach? My sister needs to lose weight and bought the SBD book and cookbook at Half Price Books. I read the books and decide this wasn't some hokey diet that was unhealthy so I'm doing the diet with her and helping us both get healthier!
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? See above.

Beyond the facts
Favorite books: I like to read nonfiction books that are about local history or are memoirs of ordinary people. One of my favorites is The Orchard: A Memoir by Adele Crocket Robertson.
Favorite kinds of music / bands: I like classic rock, oldies, country, and bluegrass the best, but will listen to almost anything
Favorite movies: I like funny upbeat movies and some actions. I refuse to watch horror movies or dramas that leave you feeling depressed afterwards
Hobbies: gardening, hiking, kayaking, reading
Passions / obsessions: living sustainably and locally as much as possible
Got pets? a dog name Wonderland and a cat name Rocky Balboa
The place you’d most like to visit: Everywhere! I love to travel and take roadtrips with my animals.

At my heaviest I weighed 215 lbs
By eating smaller portion size I am down to 165
Hopefully with the help of SB I can reach 150! :)

FurnaceOfAchievement
05-24-2011, 07:58 PM
USERNAME/NAME: FurnaceOfAchievement/Sarah

BIRTHDAY: October 31

MARITAL STATUS: engaged

CHILDREN: just dogs and horses!

TOP WEIGHT: 210 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 172 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 145 lbs

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: blonde (its fake!)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: eventing & trail rides on horses, reading, movies

PETS: 1 miniature German Shepherd, 1 Cairn Terrier/Schnauzer mix, 2 Paint horses

OCCUPATION: Commercial (Industrial) Real Estate Development & Management

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ventura, California, USA

FAVORITE COLOR: Blue & Pink

FAVORITE FOODS: I'm pretty sure this is a trick question. ;)

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Anything that keeps my mind off of it.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Romance novels, anthropology & history non-fiction

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Matrix

FAVORITE MUSIC: Techno

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Fast/convenience foods. No time to cook = unhealthy choices.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I realize that this is for the rest of my life, that maintaining takes a lot of effort. Once I get where I'm going, I'm NOT gonna let it slip away again.

Deadby30
05-31-2011, 12:58 AM
User name/name: Deadby30 /Anna

Birthday:

MARITAL STATUS:Married :D

Children/ages: One four year old little boy :D 2 Angels

HEIGHT: 5' 7

TOP Weight: 260
Current Weight 252!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, writing, camping!

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Canada

FAVORITE COLOR: Blue or Yellow

FAVORITE FOODS: Pepsi, Cake, Cookies ( horrible I know)

FAVORITE EXERCISE: biking, used to be swimming too

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Far too many

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Anything by Wes Craven, Stephen King.. Horror Fanatic

FAVORITE MUSIC: Jason Mraz, Beyonce, Great Big Sea, JLO, Diana kroll, so many!

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Binge eater, I suffer from CPTSD and its been my copping mechanism forever!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Im in trouble now, Cholesterol is through the roof, blood clots in my legs, 2 ankle surgery's, and type 2... My doctor has told me to change or I'll be dead by 30 So with the help of my husband and doctor Im gonna make this work ..

Chocoholix
06-06-2011, 03:45 AM
Basic facts:
Name (real first name if you feel comfortable): Tina
Age (or general age group): 33
Where you live: Athens, Greece
Where you grew up: New Jersey, USA
Other places you’ve lived: Lived in Kent UK and Glasgow, Scotland.
Do you have kids? Twin boys, 5 1/2 years old
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? I am the oldest, I've got two younger brothers
Languages, beside English, you speak: Greek and a little French. I can also read and understand Italian and German but don't speak them very well.
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? Hubby and the boys.
Current job or field of work / studies: I sculpt and sell one of a kind art dolls.
Why did you choose South Beach? It seemed like something right up my alley plus it promiuses to dissolve my insulin resitance problems and (ultimately/possibly) my fertility problems.
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals?I am ok with my lifestyle other than the weight. I am active, I do not drink or smoke, I eat plenty of fruits and veggies. I would like to do some form of regular exercise except walking but I can't at my current weight.
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? I've put hubby on the diet too and my best friend also is on a diet (but a different one called Duncan)

Beyond the facts
Favorite books: I love biographies and true stories with children, especially those with disabilities like my son or success stories on infertility. I also love Sci-Fi books but my all time favorite is the Princess Bride (the short version lol!)
Favorite kinds of music / bands: Rock music especially Queen. The Beattles, some pop, country and Gospel.
Favorite movies: The Princess Bride, Star Trek XI (ok, ALL Star Trek!!)
Favorite saying / quote: If you want the Rainbow, you must put up with the rain!
Hobbies: Graphic design, photography (I actually work as a photographer on occasion), digital scrapbooking, baking, cake decorating.
Passions / obsessions: My work and my kids
Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? Camping is not popular in Greece in general and hubby hates it. I travel a lot though for business.
Got pets? What kind? (feel free to add some adorable photos) We've got a Blue Siamese, Beau Hugs (almost 7 years old) and a Black Labrador Retriever, trained especially for kids with disabilities as an aid/work/companion dog for John.
Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? I live in a large city unfortunately.
The place you’d most like to visit: Hawaii!!!
Best thing that ever happened to you: My kids
Tell us something else about yourself that you want to share that not too many people know: I play it "cool" about my weight but it is killing me inside. Plus I am terrified that weighing less does not mean I will have a nice body. Where will all that extra skin go? I will look terrible naked after I've lost the weight and I can't bear the thought of plastic surgery :(

Strawbryrain
06-13-2011, 01:07 AM
User name/name: Strawbryrain / Marie
Birthday: April 2nd
MARITAL STATUS: Single, and loving it/not interested.
Children/ages: None yet; probably none ever, truth be told.
HEIGHT: 5' 1"
EYE COLOR: Dark brown
HAIR COLOR: Medium Brown
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Playing video games, surfing the 'net, making chopsticks
OCCUPATION: Hardware customer service (In other words, I sell nuts and bolts. Very chic, you know...)
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: A small town called Hanceville, in northern Alabama.
FAVORITE COLOR: I have several, really. Indigo, dark blue, dark teal, and grey.
FAVORITE FOODS: My mom's chicken casserole... OMG. *drool*
FAVORITE EXERCISE: I LOVE to jump rope. I also enjoy swimming, though I don't get to hit the water much.
FAVORITE BOOK(S): Song of Ice and Fire series, Maximum Ride series, Inheritance series, Bullfinch's Mythology, and too many to name of my wonderful collection of herbal healing books.
FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Last Samurai, Memoirs of a Geisha, Lord of the Rings, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
FAVORITE MUSIC: Oh gosh, way too many to mention. I like a wide array of music. I thoroughly enjoy most movie soundtracks/background tracks.
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I give up too easily, I guess. I slip up one day, and one day turns into two, then three, and so on...
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: The South Beach Diet has been easier than I thought, and the sacrifices are ones that I can willingly make. The guidelines are easy to understand, and easy to follow. Not to mention they're also forgiving, so if I do slip up again I can hop right back on track. I'm doing this for my health, not to look good, so I need this. I will do it right this time.

jyoyo78
06-25-2011, 01:00 PM
User name/name: jyoyo78 / Jessica

BIRTHDAY: August 30

MARITAL STATUS: Re-married since 2008

Children/ages: 13 yo boy (going on 25!)

TOP WEIGHT: 214

CURRENT WEIGHT: 213

GOAL WEIGHT: 150 - but 140 would be even better ;)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, movies/tv, walking, crafting, music, spending time with family & friends....and food of course!!

HOME LOCATION: Northwest Washington State

FAVORITE FOOD: Way too many to list, I couldn't possibly pick just one!

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: not planning ahead - mindless eating - lack of motivation.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I was able to lose 25 lbs last year on South Beach. I stuck with it for almost a whole year. A friend was doing it with me and we would have weekly weigh ins, share our daily menus, etc. I got discouraged when I didn't have that accountability and just spiraled down and now I've gained back 24 of those stinkin' pounds!! I don't know why it took me so long...but I've now realized...I can do the exact same thing HERE that I was doing with her! Weekly weigh ins can be posted here....and my daily menu can be posted here! DUH!!! And I know you ladies will keep me accountable!

Louise1013
07-06-2011, 09:54 AM
User Name: Louise1013 Real Name: Jamie

Starting weight/current/goal - 176 (2 years ago)/150's/148 (pre baby weight)

Marital Status: Married for almost 8 years.

Kids: I have a son who is 3. I recently lost a baby girl at 17 wks pregnant. Losing weight to start again

Pets: Louise, 6 year old ShihTzu

Work: I was a teacher. math! I now stay at home with my boy.

Plan: SBD - Phase 1 is tough for me because I love my sweets. My husband loves phase 1 and will stay on it longer than I do. I also run and go Jillian videos 4-5 times a week

Favorite diet cheat: too many

Hobbies: Cooking, reading, reading cookbooks, running, jogging, running around after my toddler, spending time with my Mom, dates with my husband, and girl time with my best girls.

Reasons for wanting to lose weight: Pregnancy

RyleesMommy
07-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Basic facts
Name:Candace

Age (or general age group): 29

Where you live: Florida

Where you grew up: New Jersey/PA

Other places you’ve lived: NJ/PA/AL/FL

Do you have kids? How old? Rylee, 2

Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? only child

Languages, beside English, you speak: um...understand polish and ukrainian

Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? I live with my husband and daughter

Current job or field of work / studies: 5th grade teacher

Why did you choose South Beach? recommended by my doctor

What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? Short term? Cook and eat healthier for my family, fit into a 12!

Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? LOTS of support!

BIRTHDAY: April 7th

TOP WEIGHT:239

SB STARTING WEIGHT: 196

GOAL WEIGHT: 175

FAVORITE FOODS: Italian/Chinese

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Elliptical, Walking the stroller

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: WILLPOWER! (or lack thereof!)

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: We want to get pregnant next summer, and I want to make my goal before we do!:)

WorldTraveleronIP
07-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Basic facts
Name:Rachelle

Age (or general age group): 38

Where you live: Colorado

Where you grew up: Portland, OR

Other places you’ve lived: CO/MT/WA/AZ/Dublin, Ireland

Do you have kids? Not yet, that is the goal!

Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? Youngest of 3 girls

Languages, beside English, you speak: Italian and Hindi mainly, but also conversational in French, Latin, Spanish and German. I know some Japanese and Chinese and am currently learning Greek. Foreign languages are a hobby of mine, so I often take language classes.

Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? I live with my husband.

Current job or field of work / studies: I just completed my MBA (entrepreneurship and sustainability) and have a BA in international studies/business. I have most recently worked in social media and traditional marketing, business development and project management (sustainability). I'm new to Denver, we relocated for my husband's job, so I am currently searching for a job but my goal is to have my own business.

Why did you choose South Beach? I started on Ideal Protein Oct 2010 and lost 50 pounds by March 2011. I basically hit a wall and was so sick of shaking my powder meals from a foil packet. I had to stop. I researched and played with diets for several months (gluten free-which is good for me because when I add gluten back to my diet, I feel achey, stiff joints, etc; low-inflammatory foods, modified low carb, etc). I came to the conclusion that low carb is the way to go for me. I also discovered that I enjoy running/jogging (which was a total shock for me, but it truly clears my head and challenges me). So, I wanted a low carb lifestyle that would encourage activity and would be sustainable for the long-run. South Beach was the best out there!

What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? Short term? I would like to eat and cook healthy for life. I want to be in great health for pregnancy and after for a long life.

Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? I have a very supportive spouse!

BIRTHDAY: May 6

SB STARTING WEIGHT: 182.6

GOAL WEIGHT: 122 - 124

HEIGHT: 5'0"

HAIR COLOR: Medium Brown

FAVORITE COLOR: lavender, green, blue

FAVORITE FOODS: Italian, Indian, Hong Kong style Dim Sum, Sichuan Chinese, cookies, I could go on and on forever

FAVORITE EXERCISE: running/jogging, tennis

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I adore food-it is not functional for me, but a joy and something I have a hard time resisting. It is difficult for me to fight cravings.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am motivated to reach my goal for pregnancy. I want to have a baby and I'm not getting any younger. It's now or never!

nsimpter
07-20-2011, 01:33 PM
User name/name: nsimpter/Nancy

BIRTHDAY: January 15

MARITAL STATUS: Married (7 years next month)

Children/ages: Sarah - 14, Jackson - 3, Brady - 1

TOP WEIGHT: 200 (pregnant)

CURRENT WEIGHT: 143

HEIGHT: 5' 7"

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading and spending time with my kids

HOME LOCATION: North Carolina

FAVORITE COLOR: Pink

FAVORITE FOOD: Ruffles chips and Deans French Onion Dip.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Body Pump

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Get busy with work and kids and always think tomorrow would be a good day to start.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have been going to the gym for a few months now but still eating like a horse. I feel like I am wasting my time going. I hate wearing the same clothes all the time because it is all thaty fits. I want to look in the mirror and be pleased with my reflection! I am 100% in the zone and ready for the change!

maita88
07-20-2011, 03:32 PM
User name/name: maita88/Caitlin
Birthday: January 7, 1988

TOP WEIGHT: 232(i think)
CURRENT WEIGHT: about 200
GOAL WEIGHT: 145-150

HEIGHT: 5' 8"

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, Baking, Hiking, Knitting, Crocheting, Arts & Crafts
PETS: a cat, Kitten that lives with me, then three dogs, Pepper, Lily, & Sam

OCCUPATION: Student right now, looking for part-time work right now
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Old Bridge, NJ and outside Ocean City, NJ

FAVORITE COLOR: Orange, Purple, Green

FAVORITE FOODS: cookies, meatloaf and baked potatoes, hamburger soup, ground beef, potatoes and cabbage in gravy

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking on the dog beach, swimming
FAVORITE BOOK(S): Southern Vampire Mysteries, Pride and Prejudice, Harry Potter
FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Harry Potter are the only ones I can think of right now, but really anything except zombie movies
FAVORITE MUSIC: Classic Rock, 40s music, 90s stuff, some Kate Nash, anything except rap and weird rock

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Emotional eating, my love for baking and eating deliciously sugary cookies and such
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I looked in the mirror and I saw that I was getting my dad's creepy belly...I don't ever want to see that again on my body...plus I'm ready to lose it.

Nicole2006
07-20-2011, 06:23 PM
User name/name:Nicole2006/Nicole
BIRTHDAY: Oct 4
TOP WEIGHT: 197
CURRENT WEIGHT: 191
GOAL WEIGHT: 145-150 range
EYE COLOR: Whatever color I want them to be LOL
HAIR COLOR: Brown with red undertones
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Too many....Extreme couponing!
HOME LOCATION: Texas
FAVORITE COLOR: Pink and Red
FAVORITE FOOD: All kinds
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I want it quick, fast, and in a hurry..... lack of motivation.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: This allows me to eat and not deprive myself from putting food into my mouth.

RobinP5380
07-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Basic facts
Name (real first name if you feel comforable):Robin
Age (or general age group): 31
Where you live: Deep Southeast, Texas
Where you grew up: same place
Other places you’ve lived: Austin for a very little while
Do you have kids? How old? Still waiting on that blessing!
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? I am the oldest of 3
Languages, beside English, you speak: Medical LOL and enough Spanish to get me through work
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? alone
Current job or field of work / studies: X-ray/CT tech, ER admissions coordinator
Why did you choose South Beach? Because my OB/GYN suggested it after being diagnosed with PCOS
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? Short term? I want to get my energy back and be able to do more things in life. I also would like to be able to have kids one day and enjoy them. Short term? Get through each day with as little "cheating" as possible.
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? I am doing it by myself, but have the support of friends, family and co-workers
Beyond the facts
Favorite books: anything by Patricia Cornwell, murder mysteries
Favorite kinds of music / bands: I mostly listen to country and Texas country, but anything would a good beat and makes me want to dance is on my iPod
Favorite movies: Tombstone, any funny or with a good story line
Favorite saying / quote: "It is not the number of breathes we take, but the number of moments that take our breath away" and "Seriously"
Favorite holiday: any I get to spend with my family
Hobbies: Reading, learning to cook, playing with my niece, trying to find new things I enjoy
Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? VERY rural
The place you’d most like to visit: Hawaii, Cancun, and the list goes on and on and on
Best thing that ever happened to you: getting my niece
Tell us something else about yourself that you want to share that not too many people know: Oh there are so many things. I guess the main one that would pertain to this is how self-concience I am and how I doubt EVERYTHING I do

BIRTHDAY: May 3

MARITAL STATUS: single

TOP WEIGHT:264

SB STARTING WEIGHT: 250

GOAL WEIGHT: 150-175

HEIGHT: 5'10"

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: strawberry blonde

FAVORITE COLOR: pink, yellow, but it changes. Anything bright mostly

FAVORITE FOODS: sweets, seafood

FAVORITE EXERCISE: waiting to start Zumba when I am released from the Dr

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: no willpower, lack of money

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Being diagnosed with PCOS, having NO energy anymore, wanting to be healthy and be able to keep up with my 13 month old niece, looking at older pictures I realized not only did I feel better when I was thinner, but I have much more energy and felt so much better about myself. I also know I had more fun and was much more of the type of person people enjoyed being around.

R0xyg4l
09-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Basic facts:
Name: R0xyg4l aka Kristina :)
Age (or general age group):29
BIRTHDAY: August 3rd
MARITAL STATUS: Married since 2002.
TOP WEIGHT: 255ish
SBD STARTING WEIGHT: 253.6 9/11/11
GOAL WEIGHT: 175 ideally
EYE COLOR: Blue, green, hazel
HAIR COLOR: Dark blonde

Where you live: Connecticut
Where you grew up: Indiana until I was 20
Other places you’ve lived: Just IN and CT :)
Do you have kids? 2 How old? Ani Rose is 8. Aerilyn Gael is 14mos.
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? Middle with two brothers, one older & one younger.
Languages? Just English and a little Spanish
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? My DH, two daughters and two kitty cats named Keidis and Gus.
Current job or field of work / studies: I'm a pediatric nurse.
Why did you choose South Beach? I like that it's simpler than some dieIts. I like knowing what I can and can't eat then going from there.
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? I want to be healthier overall. More active and able to keep up with my daughters and a better role model for them.
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? My DH is supportive and my MIL & FIL have both been very successful in the past with SBD along with my SIL.

Beyond the facts:
Favorite books: Feminism related and transcendentalist poetry.
Favorite kinds of music / bands: I like a lot of grunge, alternative rock, classic rock.
Favorite movies: The Nightmare Before Christmas, Ever After, Stepbrothers.
Favorite saying / quote "Beauty thus become." Tantric "Mourning"
Favorite holiday: Christmas, it's a magical holiday. Lots of fun with little ones!
Hobbies: Crocheting, painting, henna, mowing my grass! ;)
Passions / obsessions: Educating others about elimination communication and practicing it with my daughter. I'm very big into equality for women.
Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? I'm not camping or hiking material but I'm also not physically fit enough to do too much of it. So who knows what the future holds?
Got pets? 2 kitty cats, Keidis & Gus
Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? A relatively large rural farm town in CT>
The place you’d most like to visit: All of my family lives in Indiana. I love visiting them.
Best thing that ever happened to you: The birth of my daughters.

FORMER OCCUPATION: I use to work in reservations at a spa during nursing school.
FAVORITE COLOR: grey (even though some (my DH) may say it's not a color it's a shade) & pink
FAVORITE FOODS: Comfort foods. Mashed potatoes & gravy, mac & cheese, fried chicken
FAVORITE EXERCISE: Wii Fit or Just Dance on Wii
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I think I eat largely to make up for the fact that I miss my family in Indiana. But it's been 9 years since I've moved from there and I can't keep making it an excuse to be unhealthy. Growing up we ate a lot of comfort foods and very little healthy vegetables and fruits. I've had to grow to like them as an adult which is hard!
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm realizing how much my health reflects on my daughters. I've noticed my oldest daughter gaining a bit of weight around her waistline and I know I need to lead by example.

IndiAnna
09-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Username/name - IndiAnna / Anna
Age - 33
Birthday - November 5
Marital status - I have a wonderful DGF. We've been together almost 2 1/2 years
Top weight - 236
Current weight - 225
Goal weight - 150
Height - 5' 5"
Eye color - green
Hair color - brown

Occupation - quality assurance analyst
Geographic location - SW Indiana

Hobbies - knitting, reading, photography
Favorite TV - Dexter, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother
Favorite movies - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Royal Tenenbaums, Princess Bride, Chicago, Romeo and Juliet
Favorite books - Gregory McGuire, Chuck Palahnuik, Time Traveler's Wife, The Glass Castle
Favorite color - purple
Favorite foods - PIZZA!

Why did you choose South Beach? - I'm not looking for a diet, I'm looking for a lifestyle change that will stick!

Reasons for wanting to lose weight - I was diagnosed with type II diabetes in April 2011. I do NOT want to be on meds for the rest of my life! I also want a baby and need to be as healthy as I can for that!

SeattleSouthBeach
09-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Name: Coco
Age (or general age group):28
MARITAL STATUS: In a 3 year relationship
SBD STARTING WEIGHT: 236 (this time)
GOAL WEIGHT: 150

Where you live: Seattle
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? My boyfriend
Current job or field of work: Television Production

Why did you choose South Beach? My GP recommended that I try the South Beach diet when my weight hit 252 about 5 years ago. She had patients who did well on the it, and I was finally ready to stick to a plan. I committed and lost 70 pounds in one year. Unfortunately, I've gained back 50 over the years since. It's time to focus on my health and respect my body. Back to Phase 1!

What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? I'd like to feel healthy and confident for the first time in my life for the rest of my life.

Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? My boyfriend is going to try to South Beach with me. He is supportive, but when one of us cheats, the other will likely follow.

HOBBIES: Cooking
PASSIONS: Cooking

Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? I don't camp but I enjoy scenic day hikes.
Got pets? I don't like animals, so no.

The place you’d most like to visit: Any beach...feeling confident in a swimsuit!

FAVORITE COLOR: beachglass/turquoise

FAVORITE FOODS: Seafood, Lebanese, Thai

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Elliptical, Walking, Swimming

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: My body will gain weight if I am not active and do not follow a diet plan. The pounds pack on when I lose focus. I struggle with depression/anxiety and my meds/emotional eating tendencies don't help. Plus, I LOVE FOOD! I love to cook. I love to create, sense and unfortunately...devour it.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm committed to living a healthy lifestyle. I have a close family member with cancer who has gone all raw. He is my inspiration and I"m ready to never look back.

SillyFluff
10-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Username/name - SillyFluff/Tina
Age - 29
Birthday - August 31st
Marital status - Married. 1 year 5mths
Top weight - 277.4
Current weight - 275
Goal weight - 170
Height - 5' 5"
Eye color - hazel
Hair color - dyed burgundy

Occupation - Teacher (substitute teacher ATM due to budget cuts here)
Geographic location - SE North Carolina

Hobbies - reading, puzzles, coloring, video game, gardening
Favorite TV - Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother
Favorite movies - Love Actually, Enemy at the Gates, Step Brothers, The Hangover (I have lots more)
Favorite books - I like the Nerd Romance Novel Series
Favorite color - blue/turquiose
Favorite foods - biscuits and pasta

Why did you choose South Beach? - I was on SB about 4 years ago and I lost alot of weight. However, I stopped following it due to alot goin on in my life and gained alot back.

Reasons for wanting to lose weight - Hubby and i would like to start a family and the doctor suggested I drop weight before we really consider it as it would be healthier for myself and our unborn child. Also, I want to be healthy and able to play with my kids and not be too tired or out of breath.

boriqua
10-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Username/name - boriqua/Kayla
Age - 21
Birthday - April 6
Marital status - Engaged! Wedding December 2nd
Top weight - 221
Current weight - 215
Goal weight - 130
Height - 5' 4"
Eye color - Dark Brown
Hair color - Dark Brown

Occupation - Currently a legal assistant at an office, I also do wedding cakes on the side.
Geographic location - Beautiful Colorado

Hobbies - reading, watching movies, walking, wedding planning at the moment
Favorite TV - Modern Family, Desperate Housewives
Favorite movies - Tangled, Despicable Me, Life is Beautiful, Friday
Favorite books - Lots!
Favorite color - teal
Favorite foods - Garlic bread
Favorite exercise - Zumba!

Why did you choose South Beach? - I've done SB in the past but never for long. I'm getting married soon and I hope to lose weight before hand. I want to keep going after the wedding until I get to my goal weight (and stay there!)

Reasons for wanting to lose weight - To look good and feel great!

Fat in Hong Kong
10-25-2011, 01:14 AM
USERNAME/NAME: Fat in Hong Kong/Nichola

BIRTHDAY: September 19

MARITAL STATUS: Married 25 years

CHILDREN: Son, 22yrs - Daughter, 19yrs

TOP WEIGHT: 206 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 198 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 135 lbs

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, Cooking, Travelling

PETS: 2 Dogs, 13yo Weimaraner, 4yo mixed breed rescue dog

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Hong Kong, but originally from UK

FAVOURITE COLOR: Green/Red

FAVOURITE FOODS: Mmm, there's nothing much I don't like, but I guess my favourite would be Mediteranean Cuisine.

FAVOURITE EXERCISE: Swimming (if I have to!)

FAVOURITE BOOK(S): Romantic Chick Lit and Cooking Books!

FAVOURITE MOVIE(S): Romantic Comedies and anything with a good plot

FAVOURITE MUSIC: Have a wide range of music that I enjoy listening to

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Yo-yo dieter for years! Comfort eater! Love food and have little self control!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: As I'm on the road to 50, I'm worried about health issues caused by being overweight. Father had a heart attack at 47 and now suffers with high blood pressure, Mother had breast cancer at 49 and has suffered with high Cholesterol. Hubby, who has never been overweight, and has always been fit and healthy, now suffers with high blood pressure (I think work stress related), and was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes about 18 months ago. If I don't make some drastic changes to my lifestyle/eating habits, I may not be around for much longer!! And I'd like to be around to see any grandchildren arrive into this world ....

Rocky Horror
10-25-2011, 05:40 PM
User name/name: Rocky Horror/Liz

Birthday: August 27

MARITAL STATUS: Legally single, in a committed relationship

Children/ages:0

EYE COLOR: Dark green

HAIR COLOR: Dark brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Musical theatre, singing, acting, belly dancing, jazz/modern dancing, history, reading, writing, music, wasting time on the netz

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Canada

FAVORITE FOODS: Pizza...and Indian food (especially paneer...mmmm)

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Dancing!

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Way too many to name

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Robin Hood: Men in Tights, The Princess Bride, The Shawshank Redemption, Jesus Christ Super Star, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, CATS, Monty Python, Mel Brooks films

FAVORITE MUSIC: The Offspring, Queen, Alice Cooper, and musical theatre showtunes

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Carbs. And I have a funny metabolism, not helped by the fact that in 2009 I stopped eating in order to lose 60 pounds (I was 214lbs) only to gain 90% of it back... :(

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am committed to getting my weight back off in a healthy way. My relationship with food will be different and healthy!

Devlish
10-28-2011, 10:48 PM
User name/name: Devlish/Amy

Birthday: March 19

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged

Children/ages: 0

HEIGHT: 5' 3"

HAIR COLOR: brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Blogging, photography

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: AZ

FAVORITE FOODS: Mexican anything and Bread and butter

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking/WiiFit

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Anything from Koontz

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Willy Wonka (Gene, not Johnny.)

FAVORITE MUSIC: Lots

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Sticking with it.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm TIRED of feeling miserable.

pear_fairy
10-30-2011, 08:13 PM
User name/name: pearfairy/Steph or Stephanie (depending if you feel like typing out my full name or not)

Birthday: June 8

MARITAL STATUS: 2nd marriage been married since 2008 (1st marriage I got married at age 18 but hey it last 10 years!)

Children/ages: 2 daughters, 1 from first marriage who is 9 and then an almost 20 month old

HEIGHT: 5' 2.5"

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: blondish

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, digital scrapbooking, family, concerts

OCCUPATION: Grad Student and full time Rehab Assistant who semi carries a caseload for vocational rehab clients

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Michigan

FAVORITE COLOR: teal, purple, red, orange, green.....I like all colors pretty much!

FAVORITE FOODS: cheese, pizza, bagels, mexican

FAVORITE EXERCISE: walking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Too many to name.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): brat pack films, 10 things I hate about you, Juno

FAVORITE MUSIC: 80's and 90's alternative

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: boredom eating, emotional eating, just a love of eating!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL
I have a supportive husband and I have seen way too many pictures of myself lately that have given me a wake up call! Not looking for a quick fix but a way I can eat and enjoy myself and still lose weight!

Aldergrove BC
11-07-2011, 04:52 PM
User name/name: Aldergrove BC

BIRTHDAY: December 1983

MARITAL STATUS: Common Law, been with boyfriend 8 years, living together 5 years.

TOP WEIGHT: 145 LBS

CURRENT WEIGHT: 142 LBS

GOAL WEIGHT: 120 LBS

HEIGHT: 5'2"

HAIR COLOR: Light Brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Swimming, Reading.

HOME LOCATION: Aldergrove, BC

FAVORITE COLOR: Pink

FAVORITE FOODS: Pasta and Shell Fish

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Swimming

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: When I am bored I eat, and I am a carb lover!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am determined to get to a weight where I feel comfotable with myself, and am not concentrating so much on the number of pounds I need to loose.

jenne1017
11-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Ops! Been here daily since July and never did this!

NAME: Jenn/Jenne1017
BIRTHDAY: October 17MARITAL STATUS: Officially Married (in ME) since 2006, Legally Married in DC 10/18/11.Children/ages: none yet but we will TTC this springTOP WEIGHT: 265 (Scale didn't go heigher)
START WEIGHT: 256CURRENT WEIGHT: 230
GOAL WEIGHT:195HEIGHT: 5' 8"EYE COLOR: BlueHAIR COLOR: Blond/red

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: facebook for sure, reading, trashy magazines when I am on travel, swimming, taking snap picsOCCUPATION: I am a lobbyist BUT I SWEAR, for the good guy. I work Congress and the White House too get them to see thing and save programs by and for kids. I am a child advocate.
HOME LOCATION:Originally born int the Bronx, NY, went to SUNY Cortland and Family moved to Yonkers then Staten Island. After college, I moved down to DC and have been here for 12 years. FAVORITE COLOR: Blue and Green together usually
FAVORITE FOODS: Something I will go off pla for each and every time is for a slice of goo NY style pizza. The rest is meh.FAVORITE EXERCISE: Wii - Just Dance and Wii Fit
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I am a bindge eater and it typically spirals out of control.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I've been on South Beach Successfully since July 1. I was ready to do it and I did it. End of story really. just need some continued will power....

jenkaye
11-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Username/name - jenkaye/Jenna
Age - 27 (for the next month)
Birthday - December 7
Marital status - Engaged!
Top weight - 144
Current weight - 141
Goal weight - 120
Height - 5' 53"
Eye color - Blue
Hair color - Brown

Occupation - Commercial Brokerage Marketing Manger/Broker
Geographic location - Milwaukee, WI

Hobbies - Reading, shopping, cooking, music, my puppy

Favorite TV - Top Chef, Revenge, The Office, Mad Men, Weeds, 30 Rock, silly reality TV like Say Yes to the Dress and The Real Houswives
Favorite movies - Moulin Rouge, Empire Records, The Man on the Train,
Favorite books - The Reader, any Irving, Bukowski, or Christopher Moore
Favorite color - Blue
Favorite foods - Sushi, nachos, indian
Favorite exercise - Cardio, pilats

Why did you choose South Beach? - I'm not looking for a diet, I'm looking for a lifestyle change that will stick! <--- I like that answer. Also, I'm getting married in a year and want to get back into shape so I feel good on the big day!

Reasons for wanting to lose weight - I'm addicted to food. I'm lazy. I need to be healthy and active and watch what I eat if I want to live a long, happy life.

Jennsey
11-11-2011, 09:27 AM
User Name: Jennsey/Jenn

Starting weight/current/goal - 152/149/130

Location: Currently living in NY. Born in NJ, lived in Bay Area, CA for 4 years (& miss it dearly!)

Marital Status:married

Kids: 2 school aged kids, one boy, one girl

Pets: 1 shih-tzu, kids also have a rabbit, a bearded dragon and a fish

Work: SAHM, small Etsy business owner

Plan:South Beach Diet. I did this diet years ago, when it first came out and had great success on it. Since moving from CA back to the east coast, I am not as active as I was. I don't like the cold and get lazy. In CA we were always outdoors ... biking, walking, hiking,etc. I've been neglecting my diet and excercise over the last few years and it shows. Time to retry this SBD.

Favorite diet cheat: this is too hard to narrow down.

Hobbies: anything crafty, digital scrapbooking, reading, hiking

Reasons for wanting to lose weight: Like I mentioned above: I've been neglecting my diet and excercise over the last few years and it shows. None of clothes fit, don't like the way I look and want to get healthier since I am in the 40's now.