Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 08:10 AM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Fabulous Friday

Starting the thread, BBIAB to post...
Old 11-22-2002, 08:19 AM   #2  
Duchess Tiger Lily

I love Fridays. It's the weekday where we make it a point to schedule NOTHING but our weekly volleyball game and usually my neighbor and I end up hanging out for the day...I'm hoping that happens today.

I hope you guys won't have a problem if I gush for a minute...I have such a wonderful husband. He had to take off work yesterday to stay home with Aaron, who had some "intestinal issues" from antibiotics. So I got home from work at about 8:30 last night and the house was completely trashed. I didn't expect it to be perfect or anything, just maybe moderately neat, the way I left it. I couldn't stand to sit in it, and I didn't have the energy to do anything about it, so I went straight up to bed after taking my coat off. He came up about ten minutes later to see if I was feeling ok. When he figured out what was going on (I didn't even tell him or get rude or snippy with him or anything) he just said that he would be right back and went downstairs. I fell asleep, but woke up to the vacuum. When I come down this morning, the house is better than I left it...completely spotless with vacuuming done and floors washed and everything. I am so impressed with him!

Does everyone have fun plans for the weekend? I think that ours will include going up to Minneapolis ( about an hour away) and taking Aaron to the Science Museum or something like that, or maybe the indoor part of the zoo. Then we're going to meet our former neighbors (and best friends!) for dinner at Buca diBeppo. Anyone know of this restaurant? It's an Italian place that's really aggressive with the garlic (a good thing, in my book) and serves everything in enormous family-style portions. So you have to agree on what you want to order or you end up with wayyyy too much food. I am thinking I better take my banked points and spend them thusly, and limit myself to a beer or two tonight within my points range.

So enough ramble from my little corner of the world. What are all of your weekend plans?

By the way, Aaron has been playing with the same musical toy for the last hour, and if I hear Looby Loo again I might break something!!!!!
Old 11-22-2002, 08:31 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default can today be horrible because of yesterday???

Ok so I weigh in last night....a gain of 1.6?!?!?! How does that happen?!?!? I don't think I've ever gained that much in one week on WW before =( Now I feel horrible like yesterday's horrible-ness carried over into today. I think I will try lowering my point range like I talked about before...this just sucks! I've been at this plateau since May and 4 weeks ago I thought I was finally off it. I had 3 good weeks...and now this....but I don't want to get stuck like this. I don't have that much to go!

Any comments or words of encouragement please
Old 11-22-2002, 08:43 AM   #4  
Running Babe

I am applying for an awesome job today. It's with the department of justice to do stuff like legal research and I feel that I am fully qualified for it and more. My career seems to be going so well.
I don't get it. I really don't. I am smart, pretty, confident in pretty much every aspect of my life, except when it comes to guys. When I am with guys, I lose my common sense and everything.
Am I rare? When it comes to guys, if I start dating them and then want to end it I'll tell them straight out. Why won't guys pay that respect to me, asides from the one semi-serious BF only one guy I have dated has told me straight-up that it wouldn't work (well he had a convenient excuse, he was going back with his ex, but well at least he told me).

Lori: I doubt I can ever go on Depo Provera. My blood pressure has gone up on the lowest dose pill around. Don't worry I have had bad eating days and still have been down in WI. I have been eating at 23 points rigth now... basically my christmas strategy... I figure lose a few and then hopefully maintain through christmas or if I gain only gain a couple of lbs (I gained way too much last year). Oh and I loved playing final fantasy!

Kim: Congrats!!! I want to see pics ASAP.

Rina: Home used to be a place I could eat healthy, but it bugs me.. Seriously, if you take the 5 out of the 6 family members in my family that have lost weight our combined weight loss has been like 400lbs, but my bro has gained.... and my mom isn't thoroughly helpful since she'll buy him tons of treat sized candy bars, thus it's hard to resist if there are all those Reeces Peanut Butter cups or Crispy Crunches lying around (and then she complains when she's had too many as well).

Belle: I am a huge Simpson's fan.. Actually I went and saw the live reading they did in Montreal this summer, it was amazing!! It's funny though... A lot of my friends speculate that my roomate and I will eventually hook up.. We're amazing friends, the problems are that he's just a wus when it comes to girls and that he's my roomate and that he's really unfocused and unmotivated right now (a friend of mine said I should give him time and he'll mature....... I don't know if I can wait that long just kidding)

Jen: I love all the teeny bopper stuff... Though seriously, my life in high school was much more pedestrian (actually I wasn't a big fan of high school).

Deb: Ah a PS/2... my roomate has one and it doubles as a DVD player.

Jayne: I am such a teen movie addict too... I loved stuff like She's all that, 10 things I hate about you... all those ones rock!

Becky: I so admire your resolve, it's not prudish in the least, I think it's a great decision (trust me, I have been burned by some of my choices)

Sorry to be a little negative lately... I am always positive so feeling like this has been hard on me!

Well take care ladies!

Ali
Old 11-22-2002, 08:47 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Lori: Ignore what I said in my last message, but seriously It happens, could be something you ate the night before that was higher in sodium, more water than usual, hormones, I wouldn't worry too much.. My goal weight taunted me too, but I finally got there. You will get there (anchor that thought in your mind)!!! You have done an amazing job so far!!!

Take Care and trust us, we've all been there!!'

Ali
Old 11-22-2002, 09:05 AM   #6  

Default this weekend

Thanks Ali. I'm trying to keep that in mind but its just not sticking! At least for lunch I am going to Ruby Tuesday's. They have a salad bar, so good choice there...and I am making the garden vegetable soup tonight so I can have some turkey burgers (yum!)

This weekend:

Tomorrow:
Work - 5 hours in AM
Go to gym
Bruins game at night and dinner before hand. 10 of our friends are going to dinner and the game with us. This should be really fun!

Sunday:
Spend day at fiance's sister's house. They had a baby in July...he's SO CUTE! I have to put pics of him on my website. I'm an aunt now

Only bad thing: Bruins game is 1.5 hours away. SIL's house (hey she's ALMOST my SIL... )is 2 hours. Lots of driving!
Old 11-22-2002, 09:08 AM   #7  
Running Babe

Jayne: Well my friend is hosting a dinner party tonight, so I am thinking of dragging my roomate along as my date since I will be the only single one there (I was his date for something last week). The rest of the weekend will be spent on assignments and figuring out if the guy I have been seeing is in fact blowing me off (well I have been talking with him, but I am getting a vibe from him).

anyhoo have a good day!

Ali
Old 11-22-2002, 09:16 AM   #8  
Running Babe

Lori: yeah I am low-pointing it today due to the dinner party... Should be fun...

Argh!! I am just so frustrated by a classmate... She's taken over this project and is doing everything herself.... now I am by far not a dead beat when it comes to this stuff... In fact I did my share + more, but she then decided that some of my stuff wasn't good enough and re-did a lot of it... I am mad, I have a really good GPA and even though it isn't always evident here, I do write well.. Now I bet she's going to complain to everyone that none of us pulled our weight (well the two other girls didn't). Sorry to rant!

Ali
Old 11-22-2002, 09:21 AM   #9  

Default school school school!

Ali,

I hate people like that! I'm always like that, doing more than my share but the people who tell you that its not good enough? Screw them! =)
Old 11-22-2002, 09:42 AM   #10  
Running Babe

Lori: Yup! That's how I feel!

Oh here's some glurge my friend sent me in a chain e-mail....

Read Each One Carefully and Think About It a Second or Two

1. I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.

2. No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry.

3. Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

4. A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

5. The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can't have them.

6. Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

7. To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

8. Don't waste your time on a man/woman, who isn't willing to waste their time on you.

9. Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally meet the person, we will know how to be grateful.

10. Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.

11. There's always going to be people that hurt you so what you have to do is keep on trusting and just be more careful about who you trust next time around.

12. Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try and know someone else and expect them to know you.

13. Don't try so hard, the best things come when you least expect them to
Old 11-22-2002, 09:46 AM   #11  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all... not sure if it is a happy Friday today or not. We'll see as the day goes one. Emma and are having a girls weekend. It is opening gun season for deer hunting and hubby is gonna be out there. So starting tonight there will be very little daddy time. Just girls... even the cat and dog are girls (Drives hubby wild that he is the only guy!). Tomorrow morning I am going to visit a friend for a couple of hours so the kids can play a little (her hubby hunts also, this is a big thing in Northern Wisconsin). Then we are on our own.

I have yet another cold, they just never seem to go away. The joy of a low immune system from being PG. Also had some horrid tummy issues last night, so I was in bed early! Poor me!

Lori, I agree with Ali, maybe you were bloated. 1.6 isn't a drastically high number that you can't beat!! Who know why our bodies do what they do! Look back at your journal and see if you did have some problem days that could have attributed to the gain.

Ali, oh I hate people that take things over and then complain about that. We have that here at work all the time. But that is another rant I don't want to get into with work!!!! Good luck!!!

OK, suppose I should work. My meeting was postponed until MOnday. Oh and does anyone else have this flashing Winner banner on the bottom of their screen...... YIKES, it's giving me a headache!!!!
Old 11-22-2002, 09:55 AM   #12  
Bono Fanatic!

Red face Hi girls!

Short day for me today as I am off to Phoenix this afternoon for the weekend. Although the weather there will be great (in the 80's), I am going for a memorial service so I am not looking forward to the trip much.

2 weeks until finals!! Hard to believe, and the stress is really catching up to me lately. I haven't been sleeping much and have been getting tension headaches. I used to get them all the time, but haven't had one in about a year so I am not liking this.

Jayne - There's a Buca diBeppo really close to my house. Have a great time! Since your husband will also be eating there, he shouldn't notice your garlic breath for the next 3 days!!

Lori - I don't think we've "met". Hi! I work full time and go to law school at nights, so I don't come around as much as I used to. I still try to stop by once a week though, so we can get to know each other.

Ali - First, congrats on the job opportunity. That's really great! Good luck! You and I seem to be a lot alike when it comes to guys, so I don't think you're rare! I am also very confident positive, but lose some common sense at times when dealing with boys. You are not alone!

Jen - Have a nice girly weekend! Hope you feel better.

Hi to Auntie Belle, Becky, Rina, KT, Tonya, Laura, Lori, Deb, Kim, Jess and everyone else that I am forgetting.

Have a good weekend!
Old 11-22-2002, 10:27 AM   #13  
Eve's Mom

Default Friday Morning.....3 months to by b-day

Good morning girls!

Ali - I am sorry to hear that you are having the blues- I know what you mean totally! Sometimes I feel the same way....obviously I can't offer any good advice except the old "this too shall pass". And you know, it will. And the good guy will come along. You never know, it coudl be your roomate.

Jayne - awww...that is cute. B/f does stuff like that too - he is pretty cute (although it'd be nice if he'd do it all the time, wash the dishes, etc...) Now if I can just get him to marry me...??

Lori - 1.6 is nothing. I gained 4# in a week when I did everything by the book! But it usually is gone the next week. Very likely water retention. Do you wear the same clothes each week? If you switch to a heavier cloth that will be an increase as well. Don't worry.....keep going.

Jen PG - you poor sickie! You can't really do anythign when PG but rest and drink clear fluids, eh? Hope you feel better...

Auntie Jen - sorry to hear you are going for a service...not much of a weekend vacation. Take care and try to have as much relaxation as you can!

Well, I am a bit bummed of late too - I don't really get it, though I suspect it's totally weight related. I mean, things with b/f are great - he is totally loving and responsive and easy going and he seems to be really happy lately. My job is good -I had a good review. Financially its a bit tight with xmas and paying off my visa, but its not horrible either, and Carmen is doing as good as we can hope for...but I am still down. I am a bit disappointed in the scale b/c I have been journalling and excersizing diligently yet I don't really lose much weight. I have had a few comments from people that I look fit and toned, but there is no dramatic loss on the scale - what am I doing wrong???

Last night b/f and I were at the mall - met my mom for dinner then went to buy a baby shower gift for a friend - and we passed Le Senza and he looked at a pic of a girl in a little baby doll pajama and he was like, wow that is provocative. then he said "you should get some of those" and I immediately thought he was making fun of me. Because, at my size (XL at La Senza) and with my horrible cellulite legs, I'd look horrible. He says he was serious. Then when we got home he told me that it upsets him that I won't allow him to tell me he finds me attractive. That isn't what I was doing (consciously) but I don't get how he can find that body attractive when I don't. And i know most people wouldn't. It isn't brain surgery that a size 16 girl isn't half as attractive as a size 8. I would never wear baby dolls to try to make him aroused. Oh my god. That would be horrible.

Anyway, its funny. At 253 lbs I didnt' even think for a minute I wasn't attractive. But 47lbs less, I totally find myself more self conscious than before. What is up with that???

Thanks for listening (reading....letting me write.....whatever...)

Well, I should really get to work. Its b/f's xmas party tonight and I have to leave early to get ready for it - i'll need to shower and get dressed up - takes about an hour....

Have a good Friday girls! BBIAB!
Old 11-22-2002, 10:49 AM   #14  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Well ladies, I just had another exciting staff mtg. The negativity is so annoying. Plus TOM is coming and I actually cried when I talkedto DF about a silly staff mtg. I need to get a grip. ON the upside I emotional ate and had a caramello after the mtg and they are only 4 pts. I was excited however I know I shouldn't have done the emotional eating thing.

Wknd plans ummm I am hoping to go out on a date with DF this wknd b/c due to Student Teaching we haven't been on a date in months. Tomorrow I have a First B-day party to attend other than that not much.

Jayne -You crack me up! Don't you just love those musical toys. I b-sat my neice last wknd and she had something even MORE annoying. She loves "The Wiggles" they are on nickelodeon I think but she ofcourse had the tape. Not Fun, trust me!

Jen-I grew up in a house of all women except for my dad. It's funny b/c he used to always tease us about it, ya know, how he had it sooo bad but he loved it. He had the loving admiration of 4 daughters and a wife to boot! Oh BTW can you take chewable Vitamin C. I love them and they are kind of like candy maybe those would help with the immune system thing oh and Echinacea but I am sure you know this stuff.

Belle- I totally understand. DF tells me he loves my body. It is so hard to believe b/c I focus on the rolls but I finally learned to just take the compliments. Fortunately men don't care as much as we do about our bodys and he does want to see you in that stuff I am sure. Go for it girl and as far as the compliments it is REALLY uncomfortable at first but after a while when you start taking the compliments it becomes such a confidence booster b/c you realize that they mean what they are saying. Ok sorry about the sermon but I totally related to what you were saying.

JKarr-Try and relax a little this wknd if possible it sounds like you need it. Sorry about your loss.

Lori- I agree with everyone else. My leader indicated that simply eating a lean cuisine before WI could effect he outcome b/c of all of the sodium. So just look forward to the next WI and I am sure it will be gone.

Ali- Sorry that you are feeling a bit in the dumps. It seems like you have a great friendship with your roomie. Just a side note but DFand I were friend for appx 5 years

I will check in later ladies!
Old 11-22-2002, 10:51 AM   #15  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Belle, I am just the same way...I won't listen if hubby tells me he likes the way my body looks or that he finds me attractive. If I don't believe it, I find it hard to think that anyone else would believe it. I think that's a part of our journey...being aware that we are our own worst critics, and that we may have distorted self-images. Listen to Miss Big Talker here...I say it, but do you think I could believe it and apply it to my life? No, too hard at this point. Something to strive for, I guess...

JenK, I'm so sorry that your trip is under such sad circumstances. How are you holding up in this time of finals? I bet it will be a relief to have the first ones over with so you can tell yourself next time that it's nothing you haven't done before....I am so impressed with you, the way you handle such a full life so gracefully.

Jen, have a great girl's weekend. Although it's really hard to have all of that one-on-one time with the little one and no breaks, isn't it? You have been the poster child for sick ladies this fall...I hope that the "energy surge" hits you soon and you go through that period where you feel great....I bet it's no fun feeling icky all of the time.

Ali, thanks for the thought-provokers. I think that you are in no way unusual when it comes to understanding men and our behavior around men. I remember it being just the same way before I met Drew and settled down. And even with him, half the time I acted like a complete ninny, but it seemed as though he knew who I was through all of my erratic behavior and loved me in spite of myself. My thoughts just keep returning to that item on your list...

9. Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally meet the person, we will know how to be grateful.

Do you think that could be the plan going on right now? I don't know if there's ever a way of knowing, but it sure makes the day easier to get through if you can believe this. I know there is someone out there for you, who is every bit as smart, funny, and charming as you are. And you will find him, and he will be worthy of you and you of him...and since you don't know who that is yet, you just have to keep on keepin' on and hope that his arrival is soon! Maybe it will be your roommate...who knows? At any rate, we love you and see what a wonderful person you are, and your someone will notice this too, very soon!

Lori, I bet you are completely frustrated with that WI. Who can fathom the mysteries of the human body? It could be the bloat factor, heavy clothes and/or shoes, if you wear them to WI, could be that you didn't go to the bathroom before the meeting like you did the weeks previously. One of my leaders once told me that it takes your body 7 - 10 days to catch up with what you've been doing. So if you have a great few days, look for progress that far down the road, and ditto with those not so great days. Whatever the cause it's GOING to come OFF, I know it. You work very hard, and you have what it takes to make goal...you WILL make goal! Now go get 'em, tiger!!!!

BBIAB!
Closed Thread