Exercise! - Hello, Exercise ??

View Full Version : Hello, Exercise ??

Moshi1982
01-10-2011, 01:35 PM
I carry most of my weight in my thighs hips and butt area. Does anyone know of some good exercises that really target that area?? I mainly have fat and i want to get that taken care of and toned up if possible.

nelie
01-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce so the answer to your question is do whatever you like.

If you want to start with something simple, I'd recommend walking. I'd also recommend looking at getting some weight training in. Resistance bands are great for beginners as they are fairly inexpensive and portable.

ddc
01-10-2011, 01:40 PM
I carry most of my fat in my hips and thighs also.
All I can tell you is to do cardio and strength training and as you lose weight, your hips and thighs will shrink.
I don't think there are any 'magic' exercises to shrink those areas. I haven't found them yet anyway.

Good luck :)

Moshi1982
01-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Thank you. They have always been areas that are the hardest for me and of course they are the areas where most my fat is at! i do leg lifts and work out on the elliptical.

joyfulloser
01-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Me three! Running...hands down...for us lower body weight carrying women...will trim them thighs up like NOTHING else....and I've done all the rest! Bar NONE!:D

cincimom11
01-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Yep, sadly you can't choose where you lose fat. I've lost 75 pounds, and my extra weight is still in my thighs and hips. Leg lifts are going to build your muscles, so your legs may look bigger. I'm all for weight lifting, but make sure you're working all parts of your body with the goal of boosting your metabolism, NOT focusing on your legs and expecting them to get smaller. :)

cincimom11
01-10-2011, 02:44 PM
P.S. - I run 40-45 miles/week, and my thighs are not any smaller. :)

Eliana
01-10-2011, 02:45 PM
I carry my weight largely there too, especially the more I gain. I am just now starting to really see the fruits of my labor in this area! It's due to strength training, yes, but mostly due to fat loss. It comes off there last. I thought I was going to have monster calves for life but just this week noticed they're exactly where I want them. My hips and rear end have finally bumped down into a range I like too. The last to go will be the thighs. I am confident now that given time and fat loss these too will shrink. :D

It seems like the "problem area", whatever that may be, is always the last to go.