Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat Jan 10th-16th

View Full Version : Weekly Chat Jan 10th-16th

jojo23
01-10-2011, 04:10 AM
New thread.

Hey Pam that's an arm! Well done. My first day on the 20lbs goal today. No time limit, just hoping for a steady 2-3lbs a week.

It would be much easier for you, and also for us to read, if you could do a dedicated thread Nancy if it's not too much trouble.

pam920
01-10-2011, 09:51 AM
good morning. jojo, not my arm lol. I WISH I could lose 2-3 lbs a week. I'm lucky to lose a pound but more like .6.

We are updating the utility room. I got the trim painted yesterday. We were going to lay laminate, that looks like tile, but my husband isn't pleased with it, so we are returning it and doing ceramic tile. I'm the grouter and do not look forward to it. Adding some overhead cabinets too.

Here's to a good week for all of us....

beach bum
01-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Getting ready for my surgery this afternoon. The worst part of it is that I can't have any food or drink even a sip of water for the 14 hrs before. I tried to sleep in but I got up the regular time anyway.

Thanks every one for your well wishes,I really appreciate them

NANCY-I agree with the gals whatever is easier for you.

JOJO-Thanks for start the new pages,I think I like to lose 1 lb a week per month,but some times the body does work that way.

PAM-Good luck with your utility room. That's one thing Leo & I weren't good at was renovating the our home.We always had to have people come it and do it and than we let it go as it was getting too expensive.

Have a great day and I 'll be back tomorrow is it can get to the computer.

ems81wales
01-10-2011, 10:28 AM
hey everyone i used to do the core plan years ago and lost 55lbs doing it but they have stopped doing it over here in the uk :( I have had to start bk at ww doing points which im not used to but it is working i lost 5.5lbs in the first 5 weeks which is good for me as my weight loss is slow. Hope everyone had a good week. My wi day is thursday xxx

Tejas
01-10-2011, 02:37 PM
:welcome2: EMS81...what shall we call you? Good luck at your wi.

Pam, good luck with the updates. I can do mosaics but have never tried grouting a lot of tile.

Maryann, good luck and I'm eager to hear your first report when you return.

Tejas
01-10-2011, 02:42 PM

Bird feeders and the snow. We have 9 feeding sites. Sandra gave us one of the flat ones to the right, so, of course, we had to buy two more plus the stand!

I got the snow off and added seed and they are all eating now. We have got some very fat birds and squirrels!

Tejas
01-10-2011, 02:45 PM

Doves at a feeder yesterday.

Tejas
01-10-2011, 03:29 PM

I have a cardinal pair, here is a picture of them taken just a few minutes ago.

ontarget
01-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Rhonda, you know I'm loving seeing your bird photos. We had a red headed woodpecker here feeding today with the doves and such--along with a kingfisher out at the pond.

Ems, :welcome2: to our little group. We are all excited to meet you. Congrats on losing 5.5 pounds. Sounds good to me.

Maryann, I'm sending you ;) ;) ;) for a successful, uneventful day followed by a quick recovery.

Nancy, I think "dreams" and "hope" are 2 mighty powerful words. Use them both. Did Robin come home or will it be tomorrow?

Pam, Curtis and I don't do much remodeling. I'm impressed with ya'll.

JoJo, I know you were glad to get back to your meeting and will contnue your weightloss journey. I go to OA tonight. I'm guessing it's a lot like your meeting, except we don't weigh there. We just talk. Do ya'll weight?

Waving at Kathy, Vickie, and Sloan, and anyone else who hasn't made it here yet today.
Got to go. I'm having some homemade split pea/ham soup and cornbread before I drive to OA. Have a good evening, everyone.

ems81wales
01-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the welcome my name is emma you can call me that or ems.

Are any of you doing the new pro points plan? They have stopped the core and simply filling plan here in the uk :( I previously lost 55lbs on core so was gutted they had stopped it xxx

sloanie
01-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Hey chickies, we are having a small snow storm here in Middle Tennessee, so we have been out of school today and will be tomorrow. I have done only one chore that needed doing; I cleaned out my file cabinet to get my papers more organized. I have been planning that since the first of December, and I finally made myself do it. I am op and made some beef, barley, and mushroom soup from the new ww cookbook for supper, and it smells so good. I can't wait to try it.

Maryann, I hope you are doing well. Let us know how you are doing as soon as you can.

Welcome Ems!

Rhonda, I love, love, love the pictures. I put out my first feeder this week, but so far, no visitors. I understand that it could take several weeks before the birds start coming to it. It just has a mixture of seed in it. I plan to add some thistle seed (is that right?) in the next few days. Maybe that will appeal to the little fellas :)

Sandra, hope your OA meeting is productive.

Nancy, I'm still prayin'. I know your friends mean well, but I disagree . I think planning and hoping are more important than ever. You and Robin

Hey to the rest of you chickies!

Tejas
01-10-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm glad you're enjoying the bird pics. Sloan, the cardinals and doves LOVE safflower, and it is expensive. The jays like peanuts in the shell or not. I also use a mix that has a lot of black oil sunflower seeds. But, I expect there are local preferences. The squirrels like corn and peanuts.

Nancy, like the others, I agree "hope and dreams" are critical. Relish them and act of them.

I have found a good and healthy pizza. It's called Amy's.

(Emma, as you can see, we talk about a lot of things!)

ems81wales
01-10-2011, 07:05 PM
ok cool :D

ontarget
01-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Ems, I am on P+. So is Sloan. I can't remember if anyone else is. We are all doing what works best for us. We met here working CORE but for various reasons have changed or stayed. Personal preference. What we definitely prefer, though, is to stay in touch with each other. We've bonded here and are eager to get you bonded, too.

Sloan, I have been second thinking going to OA tonight, but looks like I will go. I have to drive about 40 miles one way and tend to get too lazy to do that. Roads look good, so I have no good excuse. I know I need the meeting. As soon as I get off here, I'm going to leave.

Rhonda, is more knowledgeable about birds than I am. I just put out blackoil sunflower seeds. I'm thinking the smaller birds are eating the scraps left by the larger ones. I'm putting out about a gallon a day now. I don't hav to put out that much other times of year.

Okay, ya'll. I'm off to OA. I'll come back here when I get home to let you know I made it back all right. If you don't see me here, call out the highway patrol or something. :lol:

ems81wales
01-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Thanks for your support you will all have to let me know your names as some of you have not got them on your user name and i feel rude not answering to you by your name hehe

Im doing ok on pro points actually better than i thought i would anyway lets hope i can get 28lbs off by the end of july for my 30th birthday :D xxx

pam920
01-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Thinking of Maryann and hope all went well for her today. I worry with her being by herself when she gets home.

Hi Ems. I used to do Core. I hate counting pts too. I am doing Simply Filling Technique. It's almost like Core, with only a few minor changes. I do count what is not on the list and use my 49 weekly pts for that. When I rejoined WW's, I told my leader I hated to count pts and asked if they still had a program where I didn't have to count. She gave me a pamphlet on Simply Filling Technique.

Rhonda, loved looking at your birdies. We have so many squirrels here, I doubt the birds would stand a chance if we put bird seed out.

ems81wales
01-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Thats good pam mine didnt give me that lol Luckily i do a monthly pass and i can count all my points online with there tracker so it does it for me. This is do much easier for me as i hate counting them personally xxxx

pam920
01-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Ask your leader at your next meeting about simply filling. It's not the same as when they had momentum. I go to meetings on Thursday also and have lost 5 lbs since the beginning of Dec. I have the monthly pass, but don't use the etools.

ontarget
01-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Em, my name is Sandra. Sorry I didn't tell you earlier. I had forgotten about my name's not being in my username.

nancy237
01-11-2011, 01:37 AM
WE'RE HOME !!!!

We finally got discharged at 5 pm with snow & ice starting to come down here.
I assumed we would go by the drug store and get home but Robin was so glad to be out he had other ideas..
First he wanted to stop by a Western Supply store and get a shirt.
Then he wanted to eat at Red Lobster.
Then we stopped and got hot chocolate at the grocery store.
Pray that the drug store gets in a very important drug we need tomorrow.
We go for his bone marrow biopsy on Thursday but won't get results til
Monday.
We have gone to bed and turned our cell phones off so we can sleep til noon if we want to..
I asked Robin if he wanted me to wake him up every 2 hours to "check his vitals":D

jojo23
01-11-2011, 04:33 AM
EMMA Another Brit and Welsh too! I was born in Llanafyllin (don't try to say it girls unless you have Welsh tonsils:D) and did my general nurse training in Cardiff. The went to the university hospital Heath as a staff nurse. I could have done my traing there, but they hadn't finished building it until I was qualified:(.

Yes, it's nice to be back on the straight and narrow dietwise. I'll get there, but maybe not as quickly as most. I've learned my lesson. I once lose weight very quickly on the Cambridge, but out is all back on, and some, when I came off it. My doctor made me stop because my BP kept dropping. It just wasn't for me. I'm not against the Cambridge, It works for millions doesn't it? But forme, it doesn't

Loved the photos of your garden Rhonda, but where was the snowman;)

Any news yet, how Maryann got on. I've been thinking about her.

Well done Robin! Hope the lobster didn't keep him awake. Last time I had some, I think the blinkin' thing was trying to swim home all night

Have a good day one and all.

ems81wales
01-11-2011, 07:37 AM
Hi jojo i used to do auxilary nursing in the heath hehe thats weird. Do you still live in cardiff? Thats where i am :D

I will ask my leader thursday pam thanks

Nice to meet you sandra :D

sloanie
01-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Mornin' chicks! I'm up early 'cause DH leaves for work at 5 am. We are getting snow again today! I love snow days :carrot:

Ems, I'm Sloan, yes that's my first name. Jojo has enlightened me on the
"Sloanies", and I have decided to pretend that I am a member of that exclusive club ;) We are glad to have you with us!

Jojo, good to see ya :D I'm back on the straight and narrow, too, I'm impatient, though. I felt so good when I had this weight off, and I'm ready to be there again. I'm doing points plus, and I like it. I just need to be more patient.

Nancy, that's awesome! Are y'all still getting snow? I hope it does not keep you from getting Robin's meds at the drugstore. It's snowing here, and DH has gone to work. He slid all the way down our drive this morning, but he made it down and is on his way!

Hey to the rest of you chickies! I'll check in later. Stay warm, y'all!!!!

ems81wales
01-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Hi Sloan thanks for the welcome :d luckily our snow in the uk has gone at the moment I hate the stuff im a summer person :D

Vickie
01-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Good Morning my Chickie friends! It's snowing here and my stupid kidney stone is still an issue. I'm more uncomfortable than before and I'm not sleeping well at all. I guess it's time to go see the Urologist, though I really don't want to go.

It's snowing here but we are only supposed to get up to 4 inches which is not much for us. I'm back on program finally but gained another .8 yesterday. Time to get motivated again. I hope year 3 will be the charm.

Thinking of Robin, Nancy, and Mary Ann and all of you. I've loved the photos and am excited that we have some new folks here. I can't wait until I feel better and more like chatting . Be well.

pam920
01-11-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm so glad it doesn't snow in Florida. brrrrrrrr.

Nancy, great news that you are home again. What time did you all wake up, lol.

I made the best chicken piccata yesterday, with quinoa and roasted butternut squash. We finished the flooring in the utility room. Almost done, have a few overhead cabinets to install.

Hoping we hear from Maryann today. Hello to all.

beach bum
01-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Not going to be on the here too long as I have to go back on the couch and put my leg up and refill the cold ice pak on my knee.I doing fine today,no pain,so I was happy that I didn't have to take any oxycidene.

Arrived at the hospital at 2 and the nurse said I would be operated around 4.Yikes!! I didn't think I had a 2 hrs wait. Than my doctor came in as say how'd you like to go in now and it would be over with told him yes. and by 5 I got out and my ride took my to the Pharmacy to pick up the pain killers and than I was home at 5:30. Had a great night and day I don';t even feel like at had anything done on my knee.

All my friends called and asked me if I needed something at the store as we are now going to get the 4-7 inches snow storm tonight into tomorrow on the Cape along with rain mixing with the white stuff in the morning. TG I don't have to go, out hope my power stays on. Going to give my neighbor the mail key so she can retrieve my mail.

Have a great evening

sloanie
01-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Maryann, I'm so glad you are doing so well! Stay warm!!

Tejas
01-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Glad you're home Maryann!

pam920
01-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Happy to hear things went well. Keep it elevated and sit back, get comfy and watch a good movie.

ontarget
01-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Robin, that's wonderful news about Robin's getting out of the hospital. I'll bet he feels like a bird out of a cage. That's cute about his wanting to make so many stops on the way home. Bless his heart.

Maryann, that's wonderful news about you, too. I'm so glad you're doing well and have so many friends watching over you.

Vickie, I hope you get to feeling better soon. I've never had kidney stones before but can imagine how much pain you must be in. Don't worry about the .8 #. You'll have that off quickly. I think year 3 is your charm, too. Hope it's also mine.

JoJo and Ems, do ya'll live near each other? Now wouldn't that be a hoot!?!

Pam, I roasted some chicken for lunch. We also had wild rice. I still have 10 points left. I'm thinking grapes, cheese, and crackers for a snack.

Sloan, our grands up at Fort Campbell are hoping formor snow days, too. I'm subbing computer classes tomorrow. Should be fun. I've subbed in those classes before so I know the kids.

I got a pedi/mani today. Now we're waiting on "Biggest Loser" to come on. Life is good.

nancy237
01-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Maryann..I am, so glad your surgery is past..Aren't friends amazing..
Take it easy and give yourself time to heal..

This is funny...I have been secretly working with Robin's daughter in Ca to fly out to see him. Today I called her while we were running errands (when he was out of earshot) to give her the credit card number to purchase an airline ticket..From there we went to the mall and Robin bought an Apple computer that he has needed for 6 months and I bought a vacuum that I have needed for a year..Within a few minutes our credit card company called him because of all the activity..They only asked about the vacuum & computer. So I had to sneak
away and call them and give them a heads up about the ticket and ask them to not spoil the surprise...Everytime he gets a call tonight on his cell I try to check to be sure it isn't the credit card company..
Being sneaky is hard :whoo:

ontarget
01-11-2011, 11:40 PM
Nancy, you are so cute! Robin is going to be surprised. I can just hear you talking to the credit card folks. :lol:

Tejas
01-12-2011, 01:47 AM
Cute, Nancy. I hope the beans don't get spilled!

nancy237
01-12-2011, 02:31 AM
Once Robin was leading a student rafting trip to West Virgina and filled up 3 cars at one time at a service station.. The credit card company called me to check it out.
I told him to forget about ever cheating because I would know before he got home :D

jojo23
01-12-2011, 04:43 AM
EM Herefordshire

I stand before you this morning/afternoon/evening (delete as appropriate) A mere shadow of my former self. Indeed, I still jump at sudden noises. Our two new sofas were delivered yesterday morning. Now, can you remember ‘Some Mothers Do ‘Ave Em’ with Michael Crawford as Frank Spencer? Well Frank Spencer and his dumber buddy delivered them. They brought our old ones out of the sitting room first and left them in the dining room on top of my polished table. Thank the Lord I had covered it with a blanket just in time. Then they brought the larger of the new sofas in. It got stuck in the front door. Then they brought the smaller sofa through the back and it got wedged in the back door. Then they rang for help, but not before they had broken a hinge on our new, triple glazed front door.

OK so lets recap: sofas cutting off front and rear exits and the original suite on top of the dining room table. The next 2 delivery men had a bit more gumption and unstuck the one in the front door. They then rang the manager of the store who came straight here and turned pale when he saw the damage to the door. To be fair, he couldn’t have been more apologetic or helpful. He gave us a healthy refund on the price of the two sofas and also came back yesterday afternoon when the firm came to repair the door. There was no quibbling at all. He will pay the bill.

Oh yes, I nearly forgot. It was my mums 91st birthday yesterday and she was telling everyone that she was only 50 but her birthday was last Sunday and she wanted to see her social worker because no one remembered it!!!

Today can only get better.

I'm so glad you are home safe and sound Maryann and it is all behind you.

Tejas
01-12-2011, 09:14 AM
Oh, Jojo, what a story about the furniture! :lol: I'm glad to hear that the right thing was finally done.

At least your mother hasn't lost her imagination and spunk. Good for her for complaining about everyone forgetting her birthday ;)

Finally, my brother has a real diagnosis of Alzheimer's with frontal lobe involvement. This will help us get the specific help that he needs.

There's not much news on the weight and eating front. I need to cut more fat out of my diet but I find it difficult to keep it to 30 grams, as recommended to me.

ems81wales
01-12-2011, 09:29 AM
hey everyone hope your all ok?

Jojo your not to far from me about an hour and half. Have you watched the biggest loser uk this week it started monday. They repeat it on tuesdays on itv2 it was really good.

I have wi tomorrow i hope i have lost. I do not know if any one else has had problems with there bowels but i always feel bloated and im having trouble going to toilet :( I drank more water yesterday and it still hasnt worked today so i have taken some senna t see if that will help but iv been like this on and off since starting the diet has anyone got any suggestions. Ps im a veggie.

Thanks ems xxxx

Vickie
01-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Good Morning Chicks! We got about 4 inches of snow. Nothing horrible. Indiana, however, will not be so lucky.

Nancy, I'm so glad you and Robin are home. What an awesome surprise you are planning for him. He's going to be over the moon! I hope you love your new computer. We've switch to Apple and will never go back.

Sandra, how'd you do at OA? I'd love a pedi/mani. What I really need is a massage. I'm still being a coward.

Rhonda, you look marvelous and I know you'll start losing again soon. Me too!

Mary Ann, congratulations on a successful surgery. Stay warm and safe and I hope you continue to have no pain.

JoJo, I'm so sorry.....but I laughed HARD! I'm glad all is set to rights again and the company made good on the damage.

I just learned yesterday that our wall to wall carpeting that we just replaced was never treated with static resistance so that explains the horrible shocks we are getting while in the family room. Sad thing is the only thing they can do is replace it! UGH. We have to empty the whole room of all that STUFF that is in my HUGE entertainment center; then they tear out the carpet and reinstall. It's great that they admitted the error and are replacing for free. I think they should give us something else but it seems they won't. I asked for the same installation team as they were wonderful. At least they granted that wish. Lordy.

Em, water is the key as is exercise! I know. I never want to hear that either as I hate to move, but it is true. I drink at least 8 glasses a day and walk a bit and keep my fiber up (fruit and veggies) and then it's like magic. Are you stressed? Cause that's not good for the plumbing. Maybe a bubble bath! The water has to be an everyday thing. Are you drinking this much every day?

pam920
01-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Hello chickies.

jojo, your story made me laugh, although I'm sure you didn't think it was too funny.

ems, I eat a lot of fiber so my bowels move everyday. Hope you get relief soon. I got constipated after a heart catherization and I was in misery for 3 days.

Rhonda, I'm sorry about your brother. My MIL has alzheimer's too. It's sad to see her this way. She still knows everyone, but gets very confused and it only gets worse each day.

Nancy, what a great surprise.

Hi to everyone. Finishing up the utility room today. Tomorrow is WI. I'm not seeing any results on the scale this week.

Vickie
01-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Geez, Rhonda, I got distracted when I was doing my email. Pam reminded me about your Brother's diagnosis. I'm sorry that he got the diagnosis, but know from personal experience that it is necessary for all the other services, treatments to fall into place. I hope this helps.

Vickie
01-12-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm hungry and nothing looks good. I was craving an old Core recipe so I'm cheating on Jenny Craig tonight. We decided to have lemon garlic chicken with oven fries. We'll also have fresh green beans to fill up our tummy and help us not eat too much of the other stuff. How funny to "cheat" with a healthy meal!

How much water have you all had today? I've had 4 eight ounce glasses.

ems81wales
01-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Cheers vickie and pam i have had more water to day and done some exercise. What sort of things have high fibre? Im always stressing in some way or another. I am currently waiting to be seen by a gyne consultant they think i may have pcos or endemitriosis that can effect your bowels aswell. I just hope i go by tomorrow as i have weigh in xxx

beach bum
01-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Got up late this morning and saw the snow that was on my walkway and car,but the powdery stuff is be moved with the winds we're having so it not as bad at it seemed. Tomorrow they are expecting the sun to come out but I afraid it won't melt the snow as the temps are going to be around the freezing mark.

I took my bandages off as they only on for the first 2 days and now I can wash around the area but I have to have two bandaids on each insertions. I can My knee is bothering me today but I'm not going anywhere and after I post I going to watch the Biggest Loser that I typed last night.

Thanks Ladies for your welcome back and all the well wishes.

JOJO-You sure to make me laugh with all the stuff that's happening in your life.Hope all goes well in the future.

I getting tired now and I will have to elevate my knee

Have a wonderful evening

ems81wales
01-12-2011, 04:53 PM
hope your knee feel better soon xx

Tejas
01-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Emma, you can find lists of high fiber foods rather easily on the internet, but fruits and vegetable are high on the list. Also, try prunes (just a few) and wheat germ (a tablespoon or two) which are great on oatmeal. Of course, if you are getting medical advice that should be followed.

Yes, Vickie, this diagnosis will make it easier for us to get the kind of help and living accommodations that he needs.

:dance: today I did 2 sets of 10 single legged squats. That is a personal best!

ems81wales
01-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks rhonda i got prunes here il have to try them thanks xxx

pam920
01-12-2011, 06:46 PM
your whole grains have fiber, along with beans. I love black beans. Quinoa is my favorite although it's considered a seed, along with bulgur, steel cut oats. I have diverticulosis, so I try to eat lots of fiber. Never been bothered with it, but found out when I had my colonoscopy a few years ago. Just do an internet seach as Rhonda suggested.

Vicki, shame on you cheating with healthy food!!! I won't tell, lol

Tejas
01-12-2011, 07:06 PM
A caution about prunes: they can produce gas which can be a problem, particularly if you have some other gastric problems. So, just a few....

And, yeah, Vickie...cheating with healthy food is a new low!

Vickie
01-12-2011, 07:14 PM
:DIt's in the oven and it smell GREAT!:D

Rhonda, I wish I didn't have the hiatal hernia as it is so limiting. Your exercise sounds much more fun than the treadmill. I'm proud of you.

blessedwithsarah
01-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Hi everyone - just stopping by quickly. We got about 18 inches of heavy wet snow today. Power was out from about 8am until 2. Not fun - now the lights are flickering again.

Maryann, glad to hear you knee is on the mend and that you didn't get the snow we got. You're lucky. There is so much snow outside now its not going away anytime soon.

Nancy, glad to hear Robin is home. That will be a great surprise for him, I hope its kept a secret!

I'll try to post a picture from today. I'm ready to head south....2 blizzards in 3 weeks is a bit much. I've lived in MA all my life and snow is just part of winter -- but this much so quickly is getting old fast!

Have a good night.

ontarget
01-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Again, I am reminded that I can't do 2 things at once. I was typing a long long post here while also chatting with my granddaughter on Facebook. Punched something and lost the post. Life goes on.

Vickie, I was telling you you're braver than I to go through getting carpet installed again. Thank you for the tip on water. And--(I know I'm typing fast now.) we don't wi at OA. We talk, read literature, and sometimes write and discuss what we've written while we work on the 12 Step Program. (spiritual/emotional) Sorry this is short. I'm trying to remember what I'd typed earlier.

Em and JoJo, you almost live as near as Rhonda and I.

JoJo, that's a funny story but I'll bet it wasn't funny then.

Em, I eat a lot of grapes and cherries.

Rhonda, that's sad about your brother's having alzheimers but good that you can get help now.

Maryann, let's talk about Biggest Loser after you've watched it. I'm really into that show.

Paula, that's awful!!! Stay safe an warm!

Looks like I'll get this one posted before I mess up again. Hope so, anyway. I subbed today and will again tomorrow. Now I'm going to get me some grapes and chow down. Ya'll have a good evening.

Tejas
01-12-2011, 10:46 PM
I found Vitamuffins at a local health food store, so I'll see what I think of them.

In bragging mode again, I also did push ups with my hands on a stability ball, not the floor. This is difficult because you have to keep the ball stable. I crashed my face into the ball a couple of times. :lol:

jojo23
01-13-2011, 04:47 AM
EM If you google high fibre foods, whole lists come up, you can cut and paste into your word processor and print out at your leisure. Holland and Barrett sell wheatgerm. Put a tablespoon on your morning weetabix or porridge. I try to have 8 glasses of water a day, but have to slow down around teatime or else I'm up all night piddling... I know every brush stroke on the back of the loo door:D

Vickie Go straight to the naughty step. How dare you cheat with healthy food. What an example to set!

Maryann I don't want to hear about you running around like a two year old. REST!

Rhonda It helps to get the right diagnosis doesn't it? No matter how damning it is. My mum was treated for anaemia before I pointed out to the doctor (youngster, I have tights [pantyhose] older than him) that she was a classic vascular dementia.

Pam I still say you don't need to lose weight from the look of your picture. Neither does Rhonda for that matter, or Sandra.

Things were so bad on Tuesday, that some people in our road thought we were moving house, they couldn't believe 2 sofas would make that much upheaval.
This week is going very quickly, weigh-in for me is Saturday.

Tejas
01-13-2011, 09:14 AM
You're sweet Jojo but I DO need to lose weight. My body fat percentage is way too high. Not that it has been really accurately measured (what an ordeal that would be), but I have too much belly fat especially.

One sad thing about my brother is that he has alienated so many people by his behavior over the years that he is difficult to help. His daughters are saints, and I help him by helping them in this struggle.

Moving on, I loved the Vitamuffin that I had last night.

Off to tap dancing in an hour! :dance:

Rhonda

ems81wales
01-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Thanks for all the advice sandra, pam, vickie and jojo. Ihave wi tonight hope it goes well :D xxx

sloanie
01-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Craziness here! My uncle (mom's brother) passed away two days ago. Last night we were at the funeral home. Way to close to my dad's passing. What a flood of emotions. My mom called me this morning with the news that her brother's (the one that just passed) wife passed away last night. My poor cousins! Funeral today for their father and funeral on Saturday for their mother. No words!

In the meantime, my driveway is like a ski slope. We have to walk up and down. It is about 1/4th of a mile straight up! It is still snowing, and we have not been to school at all this week.

Hey to y'all. Sorry this post is "all about me". I'll stop by later if I can.

ems81wales
01-13-2011, 11:49 AM
You and your poor family sloan im sending big hugs from Wales sorry to hear about your losses xxx

beach bum
01-13-2011, 12:03 PM

Had a call from one of my choir members and said that the director wants us to practice today, I told her she crazy I 'm not going out in this ice. Plus I just had surgery.She told me she's not going either. The other director used to let us off after the holiday season,but the new one won't listen.

My knee is healing nicely,but I'm very slow even with the walker.We have lots of ice out there and need to get my mail as I haven't been to the mailbox since Saturday.Going to asked my neighbor to go go down when she gets her mail. I also have to have my cholesterol prescription filled.Maybe I will be able to drive at the end of the weekend.

EMS-Welcome to :welcome2:our thread you going to like it here very supportive and motivated woman here to help each other weight-wise or other things in life. Happy to be a part of this group. Thanks my knee feels better each days and I be on the road to recovery soon.

PAM-My DD introduced me to Quinoa instead of couscous and I must agree is a very good source of fiber.

PAULA-Even if we didn't get that much snow it still turned to ice as I couldn't go out and shovel it. Now I have to wait until it get warmer for the ice to melt. If I can't get out by this weekend i will have some one handy man come over and get me dug out.

SANDRA-I can't believe the way they changed the show.Having 4 trainers. I was shocked the way Allison spoke to the on ranch contestants,at the W-I,Was glad that Bob spoke up and made her apologize.

RHONDA-You're going to love them,I used to buy them all the time but now they're too expensive for my pocket.

JOJO-I will rest,as I can't go out doors with the icy walkways & road. Maybe when it warms up a bit,and the snow & ice melt.

Have a great day,going to warm up my chili and texas toast for my main meal.

pam920
01-13-2011, 12:17 PM
sloan, my condolences. I can't imagine the pain your cousins are feeling right now. I've lost both my parents, but not a few days apart.

Rhonda, you are really active. I wish I could say the same. Great accomplishment doing pushups on the stability ball.

jojo, my fat is in my belly, but thanks. I have about 20 lbs to lose.

ems, good luck with WI. I lost .4 this week. I think I really need to get serious about exercising, or I'm never going to get rid of these extra pounds.

Sandra, I love cherries. I don't recall seeing them in the supermarket. I always have grapes on hand. I love Biggest Loser too.

Maryann, hope you are relaxing and not overdoing it.

Well, off to find a youtube video.

Vickie
01-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Sloan, how heartbreaking for your whole family. I'm sure your Mom is devastated too. Be careful on the ice.

Tejas
01-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Oh, Sloan, how sad for your family and for you! I have friends who just cannot attend funerals because of the emotions that come up for them related to the passing of others. I always try to go though, finding that it normally helps me.

Maryann that is ridiculous that someone expects volunteers to get out in dangerous weather! I joked the other day that I like living here where people think freezing is actually cold! :lol:

Ems, I looked at your avatar pictures. Very nice; you are really progressing.

I have new motivation for losing more weight. We have a tap performance at the end of April and I've got to fit into the costumes!

beach bum
01-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Dear Sloane:)

I'm so sorry to hear about your family losing a brother and his wife at the same time. I must be hard for your mom & your cousins to understand & handle this big lose. Prayers going out to your family,

Be care of the ice

ems81wales
01-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Thanks maryann :D

Pam well done on the loss your doing fab

Rhonda the avatar pic is from when i lost weight before at the moment im inbetween the second picture and the last one :D xxx

ems81wales
01-13-2011, 06:53 PM
ps i lost 3.5lbs this week woohooo xxx

ontarget
01-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Sloan, I lost an aunt and uncle at the same time and witnessed my cousins (not on Doyle's side of the family) go through their mourning. I am so sorry this happened. Every now and then you see a couple that seem like they were just meant to go at the same time. So sad for your family. I am so sorry.

Ems, I hope your body is more comfortable now. Good success on wi. I love your photos on your avatar.

JoJo, thank you for the wonderful compliment, but according to WW, I am about 50 pounds overweight. However, talked my doctor into setting me a goal that's about 32 pounds below what I currently weigh. I think that's small enough for me. I'm no spring chicken. :lol:

Maryann, I told Curtis Allison needs to be replaced. I think they need an MC (or whatever she's called) who has empathy for the players. I think she's not really enjoying being part of the show any more.

What do you think about BL, Pam?

:woohoo: on the weightloss, Pam and Ems.

Rhonda, I have faith in you. You'll fit into the costume nicely.

I am finished subbing for the week (2 days) and will go for a girls' outing tomorrow with friends. Life is good!

pam920
01-13-2011, 10:38 PM
Hi Sandra. I thought the same thing about Allison, but thought it was only me. I was taken aback by her comment and commend Bob for speaking up. I was surprised when they chose her to host. Not sure who I would like to replace her. I wasn't crazy about Arthur, but he kinda won me over with his humor this week. I like the ranch team and give them kudos for not taking the 4 weeks of immunity. I hope they show the other trainers. This secrecy is getting old. I already know who they are, although I don't really know them.

ems, a big congrats to you on your big loss this week. I've only lost a single lb in 2 weeks, lol.

Rhonda, I'm sure you'll fit into your costume by April. I have faith in you.

Maryann, we were posting together today. Good to see you are doing so well. Do not venture out in the snow and ice.

sloanie
01-13-2011, 11:57 PM
We are still hiking up and down our drive, and school is out again tomorrow. It will be our 7th of 13 built in days, so we are okay in that area. I plan to hang out at home tomorrow.

The funeral today was so, so sad. Since my aunt did not pass until this morning, the family decided to go ahead with my uncle's funeral today, have visitation for my aunt tomorrow and the funeral on Saturday. Knowing that there was one more funeral to go made this one all the more tough. I think Vance and I are going to skip the visitation and go to the funeral on Saturday. Vance will be a pallbearer for this one.

Thanks for all the warm fuzzies, you chicks are the best.

jojo23
01-14-2011, 05:15 AM
Sloanie What a dreadful thing to happen. My thoughts are with you. A friend of mine had a similar thing happen a few years back. Just before the Christmas, her dad had a stroke and was hospitalized. A couple of days later, her mum was visiting him in the hospital and had a massive heart attack and died holding his hand.

Rhonda Mum has alienated all the friends she had, who are still alive, and the rest of our family are fed up with her. We hung onto her at home as long as we could (she lived with us) but with our daughter as well it was very difficult. Mum became aggressive so we had no choice but to get the best care home for her we could afford. She has never forgiven me. She said: 'It is a daughter's duty to look after their mother' I am an only child so it is very difficult, seeing this lady who always looked immaculate and had such a high powered job, turn into an unkempt, incontinent harpie.

EM Well done on the loss Em, my weigh in is on Saturday.

Snow We had a bucketful before Christmas, and it was **** on earth trying to get around. I'm thinking of you all. Friends in Canada sent us some yaktrax for our boots. They were a Godsend.

ems81wales
01-14-2011, 08:21 AM
Thanks sandra :D and the senna worked after lol

Thanks pam well done on your loss aswell a lb a better than nothing keep going :d

Thanks Jojo hope your wi goes well this week let us all know :d

Sloan i hope things get better for you xxx

Tejas
01-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Jojo, my brother has bi-polar disease as well so his behavior has been an on-going problem, but the last period of deterioration has been awful. At least there are a few of us who can respond and commiserate together. I would hate to be his only source of support.

The place that we want him to be in has accepted him. The next part of getting him there is going to be a challenge. It's interesting how the mind can be so disturbed but still be able to accuse and blame!

Sloan, :hug:

beach bum
01-14-2011, 12:42 PM

Don't worry I'm not going out today,its to icy for that,so I guess I will have to stay indoors until this frost ceases.I did manage to take my garage out of the house onto the patio.

My next door neighbor did get my mail for me,yesterday and now I have a cholesterol pills to refill. and bills to mail. Got to order some items on the Pea Pod on line. I need fruits & veggies as I'm running out of them. I had to eat them for snacking as I totally ran out of snacks. I guess that why I'm under 1 pound of my Jan Challenge goal this morning.

PAM-Thanks,I'm relaxing and not over dueing it as its too icy to go anywhere and now I just heard on the radio that there's a big accident involving a RTA Bus on RT 6[Dennis & Harwich] and both side of the road are shut down and they're talking they might close the whole road down. CAPE COD is a sheet of ice and now they predicting single digits temps for next week.I was lucky I had my surgery last week and not this week.

RHONDA-If she continues for us to go out in the freezing weather shes going to lose the whole choir. I'm the youngest one there and I just turned 70.

EMS-Your welcome and congrats:carrot: on your 3.5 weight loss you're going great.

SANDRA-That a possibility she's not interested in being on the show anymore. I think she should be replaced. She just a actress, give some that had the problem or being over weight and was successful not to regain it do the hosting.

SLOANE-Wish I could be with you and give you some hugs at this time of sorrow,but all I can do is to send you some prayers for you and your family and cyber:hug: Hugs:hug: What a tragedy in your life right now,but the Lord has a purpose for everything he does. Have faith,He will lighten your way.

Have to start my dinner,have a great day

ontarget
01-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Ems, I'm glad everything came out all right. :lol: I know you're feeling better now. How did wi go?

Pam, I vote for the actress who plays Molly on "Mike and Molly" to be MC. I think she'd be great. I'm also proud of the folks on the ranch. The secrecy stuff is boring, too, in my opinion. I checked out the BL boards here on 3FC. Looks like a lot of folks are bored with it. I'm loving this show and really miss it between seasons. It helps me stay focused.

My mother was bipolar. I was her main target during her "grouchy" times. It was so sad to see her this way but even sadder to see her in her "low" times. I miss her. My heart goes out to you, Rhonda and JoJo. I know how you are hurting.

On a happy note--I need to get off here. I'm leaving in a few minutes to meet some girlfriends for lunch and a movie. Life is good.

pam920
01-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Sandra, I'll have to check who Molly is. Haven't watched that show. Have fun with the girls.

Maryann, glad to hear you are doing so great. When I had the scope, I recovered pretty quickly. It was my tibial osteotomy that had me on crutches for over 3 months. That was a painful surgery and I would not do it again.

Rhonda, best of luck with your brother.

ems, glad things got moving in the right direction.

jojo, sorry about your mom. My mom was a pain in the butt most of the time, but I really miss her now that she is gone. We actually laugh about all the things she used to do.

ems81wales
01-14-2011, 01:28 PM
cheers pam :d

sandra i already told you i lost 3.5lbs hehe xxx

ontarget
01-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Ems,

ontarget
01-14-2011, 08:04 PM
That's right, Ems. Guess I was having a senior moment. :woohoo: on losing 3.5. That's a great loss for sure.

Pam, "Mike and Molly" is on CBS on Monday nights. It's about 2 large folks who meet at an OA meeting.

sloanie
01-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Hey chicks, I stayed home all day and did house work. I also managed to make pillow shams for my bed. As I said yesterday, Vance and I decided to forego visiting the funeral home tonight and will go to visitation and the funeral tomorrow. Right now I am resting on the couch and watching tv. Vance is helping my BIL with a car repair, so my house is very quiet; just the way I like it.

Thanks again for the hugs and prayers, y'all. I'll check in tomorrow.

ems81wales
01-15-2011, 07:40 AM
lol cheers again sandra hehe xxx

Whats pillow shams sloan have not heard of them before here xxx

beach bum
01-15-2011, 10:49 AM

Nothing has changed its 15 degrees out there and I don't think the sun that out will melt my walkway or car so I'm trapped in here at least over the weekend. The bright side at W-I this morning I down another 2 lbs so I'm 168.Going to watch the golf tournament form Hawaii this afternoon.

PAM-Oh I hope I don't ever get the tibial osteotomy like you had.I just can imagine the pain your went though. This was enough for me,I hoping and looking forward to my walking group that starts up in the Spring.Happy I didn't take the crutches the walker was the best option for me.

I don't think I going to like the changes on the B/L show at all.The separating of the the two groups I don't think is going to work. I liked it the old way but than again I'm not for change.

EMI-Congrats on your 3.5 weight loss.you doing great.

SANDRA-I don't like the Molly & Me show I watch NCIS on another channel.

Have a great weekend

pam920
01-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Morning all.

Ems, a pillow sham is a pillow cover, that usually matches your comforter.

Maryann, congrats on your 2 lb loss. We are pretty close to the same weight.

Had lunch with my sis yesterday, then we hit the grocery store. Now I'm stocked up on lots of veggies and fruits. Wow, produce is really expensive. They wanted $2.28/lb for yellow squash and they were so small. I passed.

I found some walking videos on youtube. Trying to do it everyday. The one I do is 2 miles. Must be working, as my body is really sore. She does a lot of arm movements, along with the walking, so you are getting an overall workout. I feel it in my back and stomach.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

ems81wales
01-15-2011, 02:16 PM
I thought it was a pillow cover hehe

Thanks marryann :D xxx

Vickie
01-15-2011, 03:50 PM
Hey Chicks! I'm taking down our Christmas tree. I've been procrastinating for days. I had a bad bought with the kidney stone, complete with back spasms. What a pathetic mess I am. I decided I need to help Jim get it put away in between spasms!

Hope you are all well and on program!

Nancy and Robin. I'm still thinking about and praying for you. You too, Mary Ann. Sloan....prayers and good thoughts for you too.

ontarget
01-15-2011, 06:02 PM
We just got home from watching our grands each score their first basketball goals ever!!!! Life is good!!

Rhonda, let us know how you did at the craft fair.

I saw some of Rhonda's work last week. It is really really good!! I have seen jewelry others have made that does not come close to comparing. Rhonda has a lot of talent. Her work is beautiful!

Maryann, congrats on losing those 2 pounds.

Vickie, is there something the doctor can do for you? I am sorry you're suffering and hope you can get relief soon.

I'll be back later to check on ya'll. Enjoy your weekend.

Tejas
01-15-2011, 06:22 PM
thanks for the compliments Sandra. It was a slow day at the market days' fair, and I didn't sell. People probably have Christmas bills to consider.

While I was there it was discovered that my former SIL has had a stroke or something. She lives here and I left the fair early and am headed to the hospital where she is being examined now.

BBL

ontarget
01-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Rhonda, is this the lady we met at Olive Garden? She's a lovely lady. I am so sorry this has happened to her. Please keep us posted on her.

sloanie
01-16-2011, 01:17 AM
Hey chicks, I've had a busy day. Lots of housework to do before the funeral, funeral, home to do some work for school, then cocktails at my sister's house. I have just finished a large reporting process that we have to do for the federal government regarding career and technical education. I'm glad to have finished it but will have to do it again at the end of the school year. I am not doing well with my eating. I had discovered that whole wheat was causing some problems with my digestive system last year and had been doing pretty well. The last couple of weeks I have had more servings than usual of whole wheat products, and I have really felt the effects. Weight gain, bloating, and unmentionable digestive upsets have been awful. I have really been conscious of avoiding whole wheat products and have finally been feeling better, but it takes a couple of weeks to really get back to normal. That said, I look and feel like the stay puff marshmallow man, so I'm frustrated.

Ems, Pam is right about the shams, but mine do not exactly match my coverlet. They do; however, coordinate with it and the drapes in my room. I have attached a pic. The colors are not showing up like they really look in my room. The coverlet is tiffany blue, and the solid shams are celedon green. You'll just have to use your imagination.

Sandra, the game sounds exciting. When my daughter made her first basket, I had my eyes closed 'cause I was so nervous :o

Rhonda, I hope your former SIL is okay.

Vickie, I'm so sorry about your stone. Drink, drink, drink :carrot:

Maryann, sounds like you are still doing well. Hang in there.

Pam, I have done a walking video on cable. I'll have to look on youtube.

Have a great night, y'all!

jojo23
01-16-2011, 04:56 AM
Em: I'm sorry I didn't answer you before but better late than never: No I'm not watching Greatest Loser at the minute. I'm watching Dancing on Ice and have just finished watching Strictly.I was a late starter with Downton Abbey but enjoyed it.

What a busy day Sloan! Hang in there. What a dreadful start to 2011 you have had.

Well, I lost 3lbs last week. Not much in the grand order of things I know, but I'm delighted.

I start at my exercise class next week. It won't be very strenuous, but its a start. All my group, who returned after Christmas, wll be going at the same time.

pam920
01-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Morning chickies. Just had my steel cut oats and a banana. Only had to count a point for the walnuts I added. I love Simply Filling Technique.

Rhonda, hope your former SIL did not have a stroke.

jojo, 3 lbs is awesome. I would love to see those results, but I'm lucky to lose 1/2 lb.

Sloan, I love those colors together. Right now I have turquoise/aqua with the lime green accent pillows.

Sandra, congrats to the grand. Did you get it on video?

We finished the laundry room. I painted a soft blue/green. It looked blue with the room empty, but I've put down some rugs with shades of green and now the room looks green. We added cabinets over the washer/dryer, but the other wall is begging for something. I hung a framed picture, but not happy with it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'd love a huge tin sign with old soap boxes. I could paint that. I'd love to add some overhead cabinets and make a small folding table on the bare wall, but afraid it will be too crowded. The space I'm working with is 6' x 6'. Washer/dryer on one wall.

Maryann, are you getting cabin fever yet?

nancy237
01-16-2011, 03:42 PM
I started a separate thread on Robin but I will still be checking this one to keep tabs on everyone else.
I don't post much but I am keeping up with all the things going on with everyone .
Sloan hugs
Vickie..take care of yourself..take it easy..
Maryann.. so glad you are doing so well

New girls...welcome

JoJo..thanks for the note...it means alot

Tejas
01-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi all:

Sloan, thanks for the picture..pretty space you created. Pam, good luck with finding the decorations you want. I'm considering painting our bathroom because I'm tired of the brown the former owners chose. It's actually pretty but a bit cold.

My SIL did have a mild stroke. It has affected her speech; she is substituting words, like "hotel" for "hospital"; "alternet" for "internet"; and she is just making some words up. She was not aware that she was doing it, but today she seemed to notice sometimes. The MDs are treating her with blood thinners and tomorrow we will know more and get her on a speech therapy program. (Sandra, it's not the woman you met. She was his first wife; this is his second ex.)

Tomorrow I will be going with my brother, his daughter and her husband to transfer my brother to another health facility about 3 hours west of here. It is supposed to be the best one for him; we'll see.

My eating is OFF, but I'll get back on track as of now.

ems81wales
01-16-2011, 06:39 PM
well done on the loss jojo x

ontarget
01-16-2011, 11:11 PM
Rhonda, I hope your former sil gets a complete recovery. I hope this new place works out for your brother. Don't worry about the eating. You'll get back on track.

Sloan and Pam, you two are quite the decorators. I'm impressed.

JoJo, :woohoo: on losing 3 pounds. That's an awesome loss!

Vickie, I hope you're not in pain.

We shot a local tournament in Fort Worth today (instead of yesterday, Rhonda), and I shot a personal best. I am on cloud 9 right now. My eating has not been as good as it should have been this weekend, but I'm doing all right. I still have 13 WPA's left and tomorrow is my last day of the week. Whew!

jojo23
01-17-2011, 01:03 AM
New Pages Up And Running