Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-09-2011, 08:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/201/135

Height: 5'6"

Default I need a new scale!

Does anyone really like theirs?

thanks!!

kcnc
kcnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I like mine but I wouldnt know if it is superior or not because it is the only one I have ever owned. I got a weight watchers one from target. It is light green, made of glass and feminine in design so stepping on it every morning isnt such a chore because it is actually kind of pretty. I dont actually do weight watchers and it is just a regular digital scale. They had 5 other colors

http://www.conair-store.com/product_...WW24W&HDR=BATH

This is it. It actually looks like more of a seafoam, in that picture it looks white. 15 at target! Good luck.
The Last Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/201/135

Height: 5'6"

That is pretty!

Okay, I just had a really bad vision - what if my current scale is super off and I get a new scale and it has me at 15lb more?! Ahh! I'm nuts.
kcnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/ See Ticker /133

Height: 5'1

I like mine, I also have a weight watchers one although I do not participate in weight watchers.

My scale saves my information such as my age, height, and gender. Other than providing me weight my normal weight, it also calculates my body fat and body water.

Its great in my opinion, brought from Rite Aid for about $30.
DiamondAries21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:05 PM   #5  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

I haven't found much correlation between the cost of the scale, how accurate it is (relative to the dr's office) or how long it lasts. Given this, I go for the least expensive digital scale I can find. Then again, I don't care about how it looks, because I store it in the closet anyway.

Some people like the Tanita bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) scales, because they ostensibly measure body fat as well as weight. The BIA method is terribly inaccurate and, because it's sensitive to hydration levels, isn't even all that good at measuring trends in BF%. IMO, they aren't worth the money. (You can measure progress in BF% just as easily and cheaply with one of the free online calculators that use waist, hip, neck, and possibly calf measurements.) But, as I said, some people swear by them.

//b. strong
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

I have a Healthometer. The first healthometer I got didn't even work out of the box, but I returned it and got a different model that I love. It seems to be very accurate.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I have a tanita lithium-powered scale. I bought it at Target for $30 and its...ok. Decently accurate, although I find I have to step on it a couple times to get consistent readings. It also dies really quickly, as it only runs on a watch battery. But considering how little I spent on it, I'm ok with it.

As for the "new scale weight gain", don't freak out about it. The scale only shows a number; its not like 15lbs of fat suddenly attaches itself to your limbs if your scale shows a higher number. It will be how much you've weighed the whole time, and while I get that it *could* suck, it won't change reality.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote