Old 01-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #1  
IP start June 11, 2014

Default Restarting Atkins the right way

I used to be an Atkin's naysayer until I have seen all the amazing results..not just here but for other people in my life as well. When I did Atkins before I thought it was a diet with a free lisence to eat whatever I wanted. Heavy whipping cream, pound of bacon, all the cheese and meat I could shove down my throat. Needless to say eating that way made me feel like a grease pit, I was tired and my breath stunk. After many years I thought I would give it a go again but this time I would make sure that I ate my veggies. What a difference...I feel like I am not even on a "diet" and for the first time feel like I actually can eat this way for the rest of my life. I don't feel like I am missing a thing. I eat when I am hungry and no more, I eat plenty of satisfying foods, but this time heavy whipping cream isn't a main course. I feel great, I exercise, and the weight is starting to come off. Life is good and I am not wondering when my next binge on carb rich foods is going to be.
kelligirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/187/140

Height: 5ft4.5in

Sounds like you have a handle on things. WTG!! And welcome
BrenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #3  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Kelligirl! Atkins is amazing and delicious, and you're right. It's not a grease-loaded fat fest. I find that eating a couple of dinners each week focused on veggies as the main course keep me from getting tired of the meat and a salad routine. A couple of my favorites are cauliflower soup, cream of tomato soup and broccoli alfredo.

Good luck! You'll find lots of support and encouragement from the Atkins Chicks.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote