Old 01-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #1  
The Awesomest

S/C/G: 320/275/180

Height: 5'8

Default Waiting for the scale to budge

I don't know about you, but I am a daily scale visitor. It is almost always motivational to me to see my daily weight. If it's down, it is encouraging me. If it's up, I try harder.

Right now, it's staying the same. I have been good, sticking to my calorie level, and working out regularly...and it's staying put. I know it will move down so it's not like I'm sitting here saying it'll NEVER move...I just wish it would hurry up . My official weigh in day is Wednesday, and it hasn't budged since then. C'mon scale, show me a lower number tomorrow!
lifeasme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 168 / 168 / 130

Height: 5.6

If you are working out more than you used to then your body is building muscle which weighs exactly the same as fat (this is what my health coach has told me). In fact she even had model examples of each, 5 pounds of fat and 5 pounds of muscle, weight exactly the same. So the working out may slow the weight loss down at bit at first but eventually you will be burning more fat by doing it. Have someone take your measurements every couple of weeks and you should see a difference.
SweetyKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 250 (Sept 2009)/177/150

Height: 5' 9"

5 pounds of anything does indeed weigh the same as 5 pounds of anything else. The scale doesn't know the difference. The thing is, 5 pounds of muscle takes up less space than 5 pounds of fat.

Now, if you are working out more, your muscles will retain water. They have to in order to recover. I know on days where I've walked the day before, I have a gain and I know it's water. So I just drink more water. The more you drink the faster your muscles will recover.

That said ~ I totally sympathize with you. My scale is not only not budging, it's inching up. I know it's because I'm eating later and weighing at the same time. I need to seriously start adjusting my dinner time to an earlier time.
Jesse Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

My scale has been hopping around the same few pounds the last couple of weeks. I worked on consistent exercise (walking, yoga, cross country skiing) and cutting out a few WW points per day.

Finally it's dropping again. I had stated to get fuzzy with counting, and ate way to much bread and butter and the scale tracked it even if I didn't...
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:52 PM   #5  
The Awesomest

S/C/G: 320/275/180

Height: 5'8

Nah I'm not really doing anything different than I always do. My weeks are always different, last week it was hopping all over, and this week it's stable...too stable lol.

I'm really hopeful tomorrow will bring me a new low
lifeasme is offline   Reply With Quote