Old 01-08-2011, 10:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264.1/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Help

I joined MRC back in May. I was doing really great until late summer when got pretty sick. I was sporadic with staying on plan from August to October because of being sick but was able to make small losses and maintain my weight. In October I had my gall bladder taken out. Within a few weeks after I got the okay from the doctor, I tried to get back on track. I tried to go back to my center and they were really supportive, but I just can't get myself back on track. I've gained seven pounds back now (holidays) and just can't get back on track. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. I should mention that I gave up on going to my center about a month ago. I'd really like to do it on my own. Christmas kind of wiped me out financially so I need to recover for a few months...I'm sure at this point, the center would want me to pay some type of fee.

Last edited by joanie830; 01-08-2011 at 10:42 PM.
joanie830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #2  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanie830 View Post
I joined MRC back in May. I was doing really great until late summer when got pretty sick. I was sporadic with staying on plan from August to October because of being sick but was able to make small losses and maintain my weight. In October I had my gall bladder taken out. Within a few weeks after I got the okay from the doctor, I tried to get back on track. I tried to go back to my center and they were really supportive, but I just can't get myself back on track. I've gained seven pounds back now (holidays) and just can't get back on track. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. I should mention that I gave up on going to my center about a month ago. I'd really like to do it on my own. Christmas kind of wiped me out financially so I need to recover for a few months...I'm sure at this point, the center would want me to pay some type of fee.
I think they're running re-enrollment specials right now, if you're interested.

Otherwise, I would suggest jumping back into preconditioning, then to the menu appropriate for you. This board is a wonderful support, and there's several people on here who are doing this without the center. If you need any supplements, some of us order from dietdirect.com--they have the exact same supplements as MRC, just under different brand names.

If you need a copy of a menu, there's several posted in different places on this forum. I know there's one attached to the December thread, and the others are floating around.

Good luck!
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

You can do it on your own, but if there is any way possible, the support of your center is invaluable. You really are making an investment in your health. I know from personal experience that in doing it on my own, I can let a week slip by here and there and make excuses. Facing the music 2x/week at my center was key to success.

Remember, you don't have to make up for what's been done and you don't have to worry about tomorrow and all the weight you have to lose. You only have to make a good choice for breakfast. Then lunch. Then dinner. One meal at a time will get you to your goal! You could be at goal easily by fall if you just take it one day at a time.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 264.1/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Thanks, Ladies. I'd like to rejoin, but I really need to get to about March on my own if I can. I talked to my 24-year-old daughter about being my check-in. I'm giving her a copy of the menu and twice a week I'm going to tell her what I weigh (or weigh in front of her if we can get together) and then have her look at my eating diary to get some accountability. She's a hard-*** and knows how bad I want this so I'm anticipating that she'll keep me in line.
joanie830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

That's great - most people would just put it off until March. I'm really proud of you for making alternate arrangements!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #6  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanie830 View Post
Thanks, Ladies. I'd like to rejoin, but I really need to get to about March on my own if I can. I talked to my 24-year-old daughter about being my check-in. I'm giving her a copy of the menu and twice a week I'm going to tell her what I weigh (or weigh in front of her if we can get together) and then have her look at my eating diary to get some accountability. She's a hard-*** and knows how bad I want this so I'm anticipating that she'll keep me in line.
That's awesome! My sister and I are both doing MRC, which has helped keep me in line immensely when I struggled the first month or two. I probably would have quit, otherwise.

That's great that you found a way to make it work for you until March. We'll be rooting for you, too!
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote