Old 01-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #1  

Height: 5'3

Default 2011 ! Jan9-15 Sonoma/Mediterranean

Jumping in with a new weekly update.
I'm odd to the grocery store. Going to take my book with me and vow to come home with NO extras.
We got snow this am but Mr. sunbeam has taken care of the sidewalks and the windows. I threw out the last of the bird seed on top of the patio and the doves have found it.
Last night I had fish but corrupted it-made tempura batter and fried it. No wonder I'm stuck at 200+/- for so long.
2Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi 2Bees - which book are you taking with you? I'm wondering if it's the new Sonoma one that hit the stands Jan. 4th. I vowed to stop wasting money on "diet books" but have to admit to being curious at what updates are given in this book. There is no bookstore where I live, so I haven't had a chance to look it over yet. Kudos to you for your resolve to have NO extras in your grocery cart. I don't keep much extra food around, either, and it really does help me stay OP. Btw, I am just about out of birdseed. The snow we got leaves the birds helpless to forage on their own, so they have gone through more seed than usual.

Last edited by Jane; 01-09-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/214/150

Height: 5'4"

Talking On Sonoma, new to site.

Hi guys, I am new to the website and am following Sonoma. It says we can have 1/2 cup of pasta.
If I'm making spaghetti and meat sauce that portion is tiny. Is that the correct portion size? I'm just about to move to wave 2. I have lost 4 pounds so far and like the diet.
songbird5769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #4  
Yay!

S/C/G: 252/seeticker/195

Height: 1,83/ 6

Which book are you using? because there is no portion in the sonoma book. it tells you to use a plate and divide it in certain food group. I think the only measure they give you is the bowl that shoudl hold 2 cups.

I know I have lost 55 pounds on the diet and NEVEr ever measured anything. I just use the small plate for lunch and the big plate for dinner and divide it with the right stuff.

Unless this is the new sonoma diet book which I hAVENT received from amazon yet. freaking bakc order.

Once I get it, I cannot WAIT to be dieting again!

Last edited by Zofia; 01-18-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Zofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 133/131/123

Height: 5'1'

I think I am back........I used to check in with you all and just kept cheating so I quit dieting and have gained some and want to start over. I started calorie counting last week and it merged into the sonoma diet! I want to learn portion control.
ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:30 AM   #6  
Hipster

S/C/G: 172/171

Height: 68

HI - I am a Newbie to this site -
I have both the New and Old Sonoma diet books and the only change I can see is that they added 2 new power foods which are beans and citrus.
I have not read the whole book as yet. I am going to start the program next week so any helpful hints would be appreciated.
Does the diet keep you full with protion control?
Hipster is offline   Reply With Quote