PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/300/250

Height: 5'7

Smile Hi Everyone, I'm new =)

I think it's so awesome that there is a subforum for this topic alone! Very cool!

My name is Melodie, I'm 26 years old, and recently diagnosed with a variant of PCOS and insulin resistance. My husband and I tried to conceive our first baby for a year from December 2009 ~ December 2010. We saw a reproductive endocrinologist in November (when we got the diagnosis) and chose that instead of moving forward with increasing fertility drugs and doing IUI, we would take a 6 month break to focus on weight loss.

Yesterday, I had an appointment with a Dietitian and she helped me understand how insulin resistance worked and how I can help myself by eating right. I have a few ideas on how to rearrange meal planning, but I'm very excited to be on here and finding recipes and tips!

I am currently on 2000 mgs per day of Metformin and getting used to the symptoms. I've been on it for the better part of 2 months but took myself off during the holidays so that I could eat family tradition meals without having to pay for it later. I'm on my second day of full on back to reality. I plan on starting an exercise program next week, Jillian Micheals' 30 day shred. Has anyone tried that here? I hope I like it!

Anyway, that's a little bit about me I'll probably be hanging out here mostly, so I hope to get to know you all soon!!
Princess Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

It's nice to meet you!
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:16 PM   #3  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

hi Princess!

I am 27 with PCOS and IR and have also decided to focus on losing weight and getting in better health so that I can increase my chances of successfully conceiving next year.

I hope to get to know you better as well. Best wishes to you and lots of BABYDUST
MyBodyisMyTemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:25 AM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!

I'm not ready for Jillian -- I have it, watched it, but it's too advanced for me. I'm a dork when it comes to dvds -- I have to go with beginner. www.collagevideo.com has pretty good ratings on those.

When I was TTC, www.tcoyf.com and the book helped a lot. Things like clearplan fertility monitor just won't work with a wonky cycle lady, but the charting? That did.

I also was on Met for a year before adding Clomid. I really wanted to give diet and exercise and the Met a chance to work. It got me to 60 days cycles and the appt I started to think about maybe adding a Clomid prescription was the day I found out I didn't have to fill it after all. I was already pregnant.

Hope things work out like you want it too! GL!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote