Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #1  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Default Any suggestions for group exercises or recreational leagues?

I am looking for some type of group exercise or recreational sport....but there is a catch. I wont/cant run

Pretty fit and tone and can do most things, but have back probs and cant do anything super high impact like running. That means I cant do my company's rec soccer league. No basketball or softball. Considered hockey but its a little too physical.

Maybe volleyball or softball (though I havent done either and dont know about my hand-eye coordinate, but maybe).

I do take dance classes now and then...and do yoga...but ideally it would be nice to find something that has the same group of people all the time like recreational sporting league. Would like to make fitness oriented friends

Any ideas?

I live in the SF Bay Area, so I am guessing anything you can think of I can likely find locally.

Thanks in advance 3fc!
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Bowling??

Geo-caching?

Mushroom hunting?

Tennis?

Bike Club?
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:52 AM   #3  
SGeranium

Height: 5"8

I recently found a couple of crew teams in my area that offer beginner classes and groups for beginners. It wasn't nearly as expensive as I thought it would be either. I've always wanted to do it and I too was looking for a team to join. I do run, but I'm really not a social runner. I swim with a group sometimes at the masters swim and there is always hiking groups. I hope you find something that interests you.
SGeranium is offline   Reply With Quote