South Beach Diet - New(ish), and a little intimidated...

ibrandi
01-06-2011, 12:41 AM
I'll be honest, I'm a little intimidated by forums, lol. I'm just always sure I'm going to say something stupid, or ask something stupider!

Anyway, I'm Brandi, and just started SBD for the second time. This time I'm approaching it as a lifestyle change as opposed to a diet, so I'm expecting to successful this time around.

Since about May I've been exercising pretty regularly, and feeling good about it. I only lost about a pound in that time, but lost over 5% body fat. I know that's good, but it was a little discouraging not to see the scale move, or any of my clothes to fit differently. I never had a handle on my food, and I'm sure that played a part in the lack of pounds being lost.

But I'm ready now! My husband and I started our own "Biggest Loser" challenge. If anyone is interested I can share the details, but it's probably only fun and exciting to me. :) We started with SBD on Sunday, and so far are having a really easy time on Phase 1, thanks to so many of your tried-and-true recipes.

I'm looking forward to utilizing this forum for support, inspiration, and most of all, the recipes.

Have a great night!

martha328
01-06-2011, 02:26 AM
Hey Brandi! :wave:

Don't feel intimidated.. or worry about posting something silly.. then you will never want to post.. NOW THAT is silly..
I'm also doing SB and I think it's great that the two of you have started a challenge together. It's always nice to have that other person to have each other to support and rely on.

The support on this forum is AWEshummm. And the recipes are incredibly delicious (I was afraid these ppl were going to poison me at first -jk!). Browse around and see what you can benefit from :hug:

Good luck and keep us posted
:)

Lexxiss
01-06-2011, 05:07 AM
Hi Brandi:sunny:

:welcome2: I, too, decided to start SBD as a lifestyle change and after 2 years I'm happier than ever. For me, what this forum has done is give me daily accountability (yes I post every single day) and I've met alot of really great friends who support me in my effort (even when I'm not getting that at home). BTW-don't worry about saying something "stupid". We're all humans here.

Best wishes!

Heidi58
01-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Hi Brandi! :welcome2:

WaistingTime
01-06-2011, 09:59 AM
I felt the same way about forums. And I lurked here off and on for years, as I dieted off and on. When I made the same mindset that you are now making, I decided to stop lurking and join in and am so glad I did. This is a community. An amazing place filled with wisdom and support. Welcome.

AmyKitKat
01-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Hi Brandi! I know just how you feel - I participated in a forum any number of years ago and it could be a little scary.
This place has a much different feel though, and I think you'll like it alot.

Exercise works just the same for me - feels great, improves my mood, and does nothing for the scale. I actually worked up to a 5K this past fall by training all summer, and the scale actually went up a pound or two.

I think its awesome that your DH is joining you!!

murphmitch
01-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Welcome to SB. Great that your hubby is in this too! :welcome2:

sarahsk
01-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Welcome! This site saved me the first time I did sbd and could not look at another egg in the morning. The advice and support is wonderful. I am trying to post every day, because it keeps me accountable for everything.

I was working out with a trainer for a few months before I got really serious about changing my life. He likes to tease me about when I got all this motivation :) But he is pretty excited about the changes I have made and is a great support.

Best of luck!