Weight Loss Support - Tough Chicks at Large

View Full Version : Tough Chicks at Large

SvelteChicky
11-19-2002, 08:42 PM
Thought the name was cute... although it kinda sounds like lawi enforcement. Oh well. this is a battle we're fighting right? Okay, i'll send you another message to guide you girls here!

FlowerJenni1022
11-19-2002, 09:37 PM
HIya gals! I stayed home with my munchkins today. I think they'll be ready to go back tomorrow. The girl is kinda crabby right now, but I think they always feel worse at night. Not doing bad on my eating, but I'm headachey:headache: I always get that way at this time of the month;)

I think it would be so cool to have a flat screen! Mine is a big giant oaf of a monitor!!

Well, take care girls! Hugs, Jenni

angieME
11-19-2002, 09:40 PM
I'll have to remember the new name. How was everyone tonight? Me ok. I am feeling kinda lazy today. I tried to go for a walk but our town sucks at maintaining the roads and I almost killed myself on all the ice. I did about a mile and then I did 15 minutes on my bike. Oh well, i'll get in gear tomorrow. WEIGH DAY AAAHHH!!!!!:stress:

SvelteChicky
11-20-2002, 07:51 AM
Angie: Just remember, muscle weighs mroe than fat. SO if you've maintained, it may be those toned muscles eating up yuor pound or two. I think that's what's happening to me. So good luck, and we're rooting for ya!

Jenni: You sound like a fun mommy. Hopefully you'll be aruond for me when we decide to have munchkins. I always wished my mom would take the day off, and be my nurse. You're sweet.

Kmepy: When's the new computer up and running? Thoguht you had it already? Are you getting cable modem? You'll find that it is so fast. You'll get spoiled.

angieME
11-20-2002, 08:49 AM
I weighed in and I lost another 3 pounds!!! I have lost a total of 21.5 pounds since October 9. I am surprised because I haven't been exercising half as much as I did last time I lost alot of weight. I only do about 30-45 minutes everyday. I am trying not to get too obsessed with exercising this time around.

206.5/185/130

Kempyd
11-20-2002, 12:32 PM
That is good Angie I know you are excited.

Jenn - I used to love it when my mom would stay home with me. She also used to let me stay home just because. That was even better!

Chris - I got the computer Monday night but they aren't coming ou to hook up the dsl until tonight around 5. I hope by tonight I will be chating with you girls on line. My hubby already told me of a site that two of his friedns are already on so I guess the battle over the internet will start tonight.

FlowerJenni1022
11-20-2002, 10:30 PM
Angie! I am so proud of you! I know the exercising is doing lots of good. I'm at -7 so far. My head is hurting kinda bad, but the kids are feeling better. They both went to school and I went to work. Things are getting busy again. I'm hoping this cough will go away soon so I can exercise again. I had a major attack at work and thought I couldn't breathe. Yuck.

Regarding my mommyhood - it's the best thing in my whole life. These kids are pure joy (with the added bonus of a few frustrating times, and headaches LOL) It is sooo worth it!

I'm really proud of all of you. Keep up the good work ladies!

Hugs, Jen:cheese:

SvelteChicky
11-21-2002, 07:52 AM
Congrats on your loss Angie! Very consistent wins the race!

Jenni: Poor thing, sick for so long. Are you laying in bed? I hate being sick! Are you gettign help with the kids?

Kempy: DSL -- is that cable modem?

So, I have this routine in the morning, I come downstairs, start the coffee pot, and step on the scale. Would you belive I"m down like 3 pounds?! Here I am staying at my weight, and then a week and I'm starting to drop again. Went to aerobics last night. I think my brain shuts down when I have PMS, because I was fumbling over the steps, and sweating like crazy after a few minutes. I guess that means it was good for me. I almost didn't go. Ick!

Kempyd
11-21-2002, 01:40 PM
Good job Chris on the 3 lbs. I know that made you feel great!

Jenn - I know it is awful when you can't get over a cold. Mine always seem to last forever. Hope you feel better soon.

DSL is cable modem. I can't bear the thought of having dial up after haiving direct cable access at work. The stupid cable people didn't follow directions and they showed up to early. Now we have to wait until Friday night to get hooked up. I am not to happy right now. We have tis awesome computer just sitting there and we don't really use it. I am not going to use the finance program until the begining of the year. I really don't want to put all of the stuff in from this year. I think I can hang on until January.

FlowerJenni1022
11-21-2002, 10:19 PM
Made it through another day. I hate being sick too. It's just this stupid cough. The air here is pretty icky. I had the cough for about 3 months last year. It went away for 1 week while we were in North carolina, and when we came back, I was coughing again. Yuck.

I'm really glad tomorrow is Friday, I'm worn out.

Chris - I am so happy about your 3 pounds :)

Well, I have tired babies, so I'll talk to yall later. Sweet Dreams!!
Jen

SvelteChicky
11-22-2002, 08:28 AM
Ugh, poor thing. Can't imagine being sick for 3 months. At least it paused during a vacation. Do you have chronic brohchitis or something? Because the only thing that my doctor has ever said to me that made sense was, "keep these sore throats and coughs up, and you'll bein the the OR for Tonsilectomy." I'm ve never had them out, so when I get sick, we document it. Just in case I end up "qualifying" for tonsils out. Just a thought.

Kempy: Did you know you can install it yourself? We did that here, and it works just fine. We dind't want to pay for him to install it all. But there's instructions for a "self install". I know, too late probably, but we got online by reading the directions. Maybe you ahve a differnt kind of package. Basically, for us, it's a CD, a modem and some conneting cables. maybe you can try it? Let me know.

ANgie: Are you keeping track of your incehs too? Sometimes when people lose weight without exercising, their inches come off slowly, since they're losing lean muscle tissue (from a crash diet), Sine you're dong it the right way, wiht exercise and good foods, you're probably, and I"m almost convinced, you're losing more inches too... Have you taken your measurements? I did back in Septemeber,a nd when I remeasured in October, I found that I'd lost like 12 inches... n opoundsl ost at that time, but lots of inches. Check into it.

angieME
11-22-2002, 08:39 AM
No I haven't been bothering with the inches. I did all of that the last time I lost weight. This time I am really only concerned with getting rid of it and fitting into my jeans.*grin* I haven't even been weighing in everyday this time like I did last time.

Jen, I have had my tonsils out and I haven't had any sore throats.I am amazed because I have 3 kids and I haven't gotten a bad cold yet.

You guys have a great day

Kempyd
11-22-2002, 11:17 AM
Hey, is there only four of us now? Did we scare people off?

I think tonight is the night. Do any of you get on the site on Friday nights? Hoepfully I will be able to pop in and chat for ahilwe.

Chris - I need to call Dell about the modem. I was told that it was set up for dsl conection already. I am sure that if we try to hook it up ourself the cable company will find a way to charge us extra anyway. I don't put anything past those people. I have had a few run ins with them already.

angieME
11-22-2002, 12:35 PM
You know I am always here at some time or another. LOL I usually pop in and out all night.

Chris, I congratulated you in your journal but I guess I forgot to do it here. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! On your loss, just in time for the holidays. I am so happy for you. You are melting right away to nothing.

Kempyd
11-22-2002, 01:39 PM
I though Jenn would like to see my baby. She is the yellow one (Echo)

angieME
11-22-2002, 05:37 PM
Kempy, How did you do the pic? I tried all day yesterday to figure it out and I couldn't. HELP ME !!!!

Kempyd
11-22-2002, 08:33 PM
I am finally on!!!!! I got hooked up and came to the site but none of you guys were here. Am I the only one home on a Friday night? sad.

angieME
11-22-2002, 08:48 PM
I am home. My life must be really pathetic. I am home on a Friday night and clipping the dog's toenails. LOL

SvelteChicky
11-22-2002, 09:57 PM
Adorable! wow Kempy, I keep learning al kinds of ways to have fun on this site! Yeah, I'd wouldn't mess with those cable people, They have ways of screwing with ya. Saw Ya Ya tonight, rented it. I cried so hard. Hubby watchedi t with me, and he even laughed and cried. Really heart breaking scene in there. Ugh! Gets me all choked up.

Took my walk a few minutes ago. I'm still sweating. I'm alternating walkinga nd jogging. trying to make it one more driveway, one more square on the sidewalk. Anything to get more of a workout. Went for chinese. Did okay. It's hard to cheat... I can naturally avoid that fried stuff. I picture it on the back of my legs, like more cellulite. You know what I mean.

Dog was really dragging on our walk. It's dar as ****, and she's stopping. I almost picked her up and ran with her. So frustrating. Hope I get a bike for christmas.

Kempyd
11-22-2002, 10:23 PM
It is so neat to be on here at night.

We had to get the modem. Dell said that we were sent up for dsl but it may not be compatible with our company. Of course it wasn't. Now we have to pay a rental fee every month fo ras long as we have the service. I think that is a crock, but what are you going to do?

FlowerJenni1022
11-22-2002, 11:06 PM
This is us - I hope

FlowerJenni1022
11-22-2002, 11:12 PM
Holy Cow!! :moo:
I did it! That picture is a little old (about a year and a half.) I'll get some fresh ones next week.

We are usually here on Friday nights. We got back a little late because we went to Walmart and spent a bunch o $$.

Wasn't there a chat option on this site? I don't see it anymore.

Oh, I boutght myself a few things... including the SIMS :gift:
Guess we know what I'll be addicted to now!

EH is taking kids for the day tomorrow! I'm going to clean and then relax - and NOT pig out.

Kempy - Your baby is beautiful! And I'm on a modem too.

I think it is just the 4 of us now.... I don't know what happened to the other girlies?

angieME
11-24-2002, 11:44 AM
Where is everyone?

Kempy, How did the lights turn out? Joe didn't fall off the roof did he?

Chris, You can do your journal entries now. the changeover is complete.

I still don't see a chat link though. I hope they bring it back then we can all set up chat times and gab.LOL

I have to shower and work but I will be on throughout the day. I hope you all have a fun day.

laney1733
11-24-2002, 09:54 PM
I'm still here. Mostly I just listen in though. I never seem to have anything that seems important enough to actually post it! Jenn, the picture is soo cute! Gotta love those babies. Mine is getting bigger by the second. She's nine months old now, it seems to just be flying by, maybe because she's probley our last. She's trying to help me type right now, but Dh needs to go put her to bed. Dh made dinner tonight, a Lebanese dish his step father brought over with him. Rice and chicken and ground beef and pine nuts. YUM! BUt LOTS of olive oil!! His union had the Christmas party for the kids today. Lots of cookies and pizza. And I made pumpkin rolls for my sisters last childbirth class with the midwife (I'm her couch) on Tuesday. So much temtation, so little will power, ugh! At least the exercise is going well. I'd rather work out twop hours a day then watch what I eat. Too bad I need to do both!:?: Take care all..

angieME
11-24-2002, 10:05 PM
I make pumpkin rolls in the bakery to sell to our accounts. YUM!!

Don't worry Serina I never have anything important to say either but I say it anyway. LOL Do you have any pics of the baby to post? I was gonna try to post a pic of the kids dressed up as goth girls but I never got around to it.

Talk to ya all tomorrow.

Kempyd
11-25-2002, 11:06 AM
Soory I didn't get on yesterday. I was nursing a hangover. We went out Saturday and had a little to much fun.

SvelteChicky
11-25-2002, 02:28 PM
hey girls. I kept getting emails that there were posts, but when i"d log on, there wasnothing. Strange, now I see there was lots of talking,a nd I didn't see it. Weird. Well, hubby is back at hte hospital again today. Tihs time chemo, but it started a painful attack, go figure the medds make you just as sick. He'll be exhausted when he gets back home. Poor baby. We'll have soup for dinner, and i'm off to aerobics tonihgt. Last class til Dec something. I hate missing classes.

TOmorrow's my birthday, and i'm eating out for both lunch and dinner. I pray I do good. All these temptations are kiling me. I can only hold off for so long.

Kempyd
11-25-2002, 02:34 PM
I am sorry to hear about your hubby agian. I know you get frustrated when he has to go through this. Has it been a while since he went in last?

SvelteChicky
11-25-2002, 02:39 PM
Well, a week ago Sunday. Seems like every time he does chemo, he has an episode there in the hospital room. So he's feeling lowsy. Went in feeling fine, now he's sick.

Kempyd
11-25-2002, 02:42 PM
How much longer does he have to go through chemo. I know that is hard on poeple. My dad had to go through it too.

angieME
11-25-2002, 04:38 PM
Chris, sorry to hear about your hubby. Tell him I hope he feels better soon.

Kempy,I missed ya this weekend but it sounds like you had lots of fun.

angieME
11-26-2002, 09:01 AM
I hope you have a nice birthday and remember don't overeat too much.You have to save some room for Thanksgiving. LOL:hb: :gift: :hat: :cookie: :chockiss: :balloons:

Kempyd
11-26-2002, 01:45 PM
Chris must be having a great birthday. She hasn't been here yet!

I dno't know if you guys read but Jenn is having a difficult time right now. Here ex is going to have surgury and she is very upset. I hope she is doing better. I told her that we are here for her and to not forget us.

I thought I would take a break from work and drop a line. I have been doing things that I have been putting off b/c I knew it would be pretty slow in here to day. It is like that over the holidays. Here we are at this site really working hard and the people in my area forget about working out. They will be back in here come January though. They will regret the fact that the slacked off during the holidays. They always do.

SvelteChicky
11-26-2002, 03:36 PM
Hi! I'm here, thanks for the BIrthday Wishes. I was taken out for lunch at a great greek diner around here. It was pretty upsetting though earlier. There was a last minute meeting, and we're not getting raises like we thought. We're also not getting bonuses this year also. That's pretty crummy, cause I count on that money, expecially at christmas time.

So, everyone's real angry, and quiet. Bad day for a birthday I guess. Then, they said they're not handing out paychecks til after the oliday, due to staff vacations in HR. Add up the dissapointments today.

Tonights' the dinner wiht dad and sister, and dad's bringing his new girlfriend, to introduce. SO, it's my birthday, and I have to be nervous, and quiet, when I should be able to be crazy if I wanna. What a mess. I"m just crampy, and upset... but maybe if I go home and take along doggie walk, i'll feel energized, and change my perspective. Dinner tonight will probably be late, so there's plenty of time to get it in.

My prayers are with Jenni. ALso hoping she doesn't fall of the site because of stress. We're here for ya Jenni, and hoping things are alright.

angieME
11-26-2002, 05:11 PM
Chris, I am sorry your birthday is sucking so far. Go home and snuggle with hubby and you will feel alot better.:dizzy:

Jen, I really hope everything is ok for your ex.I can imagine how scared you must all be.

Kempy, did the hunting gear fit? I hope you have an excellent weekend at the cabin.

Is everyone leaving me. I am going to be bored to tears without you all. Here is a few pics of the dogs. I forced them to sit there and don't they just look happy? LOL

Kempyd
11-26-2002, 05:18 PM
Did you forget to post them? Ha-Ha-Ha

I didn't try them on. I got busy with the check book and paying bills. Afterwards I was to tired to bother with them.

angieME
11-26-2002, 05:18 PM

Kempyd
11-26-2002, 05:22 PM
Oh My Gosh!!!! That is adorable. It looks like he is totally loving it. How long did it stay on his head after you took the picture?

I invited another person to join us here. I hope she checks us out and sticks around to chat.

angieME
11-26-2002, 05:42 PM
Sorry about all the posts. I didn't think it was working. OOPS!!!He will sit there until I free him but he was not happy to do it. LOL I got a few pics of them like that. I am practicing so I can put them in front of the tree. I want to turn the fireplace on but Candi would probably catch herself on fire.

angieME
11-26-2002, 09:29 PM

Kempyd
11-26-2002, 10:50 PM
I think I like that one better!

I will talk to you guys either Sunday or Monday. Ihope everyone has a good Thanksgiving. Chris I hope you enjoyed the rest of your birthday. Jenn I hope you are feeling better. And I hope the person I invited to join us stops in while I am gone.

Everyone try not to eat too much pie!

SvelteChicky
11-27-2002, 07:17 AM
hey girls. I've gotta headonto the road, but had to chekc in with my girlfriends here. Let me summarize my dad yesterday:

1. no birthday greetings from work
2. meeting: no raises, no bonuses, no check
3. yelling at company president for check
4. waiting at the office to slow poke president to authorize a check
5. long commute home
6. looking for a baknk to cash check
7. finally at 4:45, get to my bank (good news)
8. meet family for dinner
9. Leave scrapbook at restaurant, 45 minutes away
10. try to brave traffic to get back to book
11. can't get back in time for restaurant to be open
12. turn around, call dad. he won't go. i'm angrey
13. find dog hoppe dup on 47 calming tablets, yeah, hopped up., they apparently didn't mellow her out. They're all natural.
14. Fall into bed, angry taht the book I spent 2 weeks preparing, will not be seen by the one person I love more than life: momma.

There you have it girls. My god-aweful day. But you know what, there's better days coming, cause we're playing santa this year. We've packed up the car, and we're bringing a slew of presents to mom, sister and 4 year old nephew. I'm getting outta this one horse town, and i'm gonna see the world. Slowly, in traffic. Oh well,. Happy days girls!

angieME
11-30-2002, 08:10 PM
AAAHHH!!!! I am sooo bored!!! I survived Thanksgiving and even lost an additional 3 pounds this week.YIPPEE!!! How did you all do? You were good girls I hope;) If you weren't you can always start new.

FlowerJenni1022
12-01-2002, 08:04 PM
Hi girls :) i've been oh so bad, but I don't care. I'll get on the scale in the morning and see what the damage is, and hopefully i can stay clean through Christmas.

They're reading EH's MRI tomorrow, so that could be important news. The surgery is still on for Wednesday (Our boy's 5th birthday). It's outpatient, so maybe that means it will be a piece of cake.

Had a great Tksgvg. Saw my brother and his GF, sister and BF and mom and dad and kiddies (Mine). Went shopping Saturday with Mom and to lunch. I didn't eat the top bun or all of the onion straws..... I don't think it helped much though LOL.

Gotta jet. Kiddies need grilled cheese!!! YUM.

Chris - I am so sorry about your birthday sucking :( I didn't even get to tell you happy day :(

We had the same thing happen last year at work with no bonuses. It was a big bummer, but it's such a small company that it couldn't be helped. We did a lot of employee changes and worked really hard this year to bring the bottom line up. We have a great crew now, and they haven't said anything about no bonus, so I think we're good to go. :crossed:

Keep praying about it. I did last year, and things worked out.:

Coworker gave $$ for little girl's Santa presents.
Mystery person sent me a gift certif - because "Jesus told her/him to"
Boss scraped up a little bonus just for me (because I'm single mom w/ 2 kids).

All that working together, and we got through. And if you don't, well then concentrate on the birth of our Lord. Do free stuff like looking at Christmas lights or attending church productions. It will be fine :)

Kempyd
12-02-2002, 01:26 PM
I am just popping in to let you know I am still alive. I will be back a little later in the day to check in. I have a hugh pile of stuff to do today at work.

On a bad note, I gained 5 lbs AAAAUUUGGGGGHHHH!!!

angieME
12-02-2002, 05:24 PM
It is okay Kempy, You can always start fresh. Plus you have 23 days before the next temptation to get back to where you want to be. You can do it girl.

Jen, I am keeping your family in my thoughts and hoping all works out.

Chris, where the heck are ya?????

FlowerJenni1022
12-02-2002, 09:02 PM
I've gained back 3 pounds, and haven't done real great today. I went to the Doc to see about this friggin' cold I've had for 2 weeks now, and he gave me some meds. Hope that works. Ex Hubby's tumor is bigger than they thought, and a little deeper, so they have to put him to sleep all the way instead of the twilight kind. That's still on for Wednesday. They thin it may be wrapping around the top of the spine, but not into the brain yet. I hope when they get in there, it turns out ok.

I have to bake cupcakes tomorrow night to send with my boy to school. Wish me luck on that.... with the cooking and the nibbling.

Keep on truckin' Kempy, You and I can get back in the saddle. Just think how well Angie is doing, and that we can't let her butt shrink faster than ours! LOL

Come back to us CHRIS!!

Angie - I forgot to say how cute your puppy pics are. Loved 'em.

Happy Monday Night.....
Jen

SvelteChicky
12-03-2002, 08:11 AM
I am SOOO back!!!! Okay, I've got so much to talk about. seeing how my family is so disfunctional, codependent, and hateful to each other. I'll have to catch myself up in my journal. I think I"ll do each day.. yeah, it was that busy! The drive back was much longer than the one getting there. Doggies was good. Nephew (4 yrs) is of course... a terror! Sister was hateful to everyone, mostly me, since I lost almost 50 pounds,a nd that makes her feel aweful. She treated me like dirt, until the last hug. That's when she decided to be nice. Good timing, huh? Mom was precious! I love rher so,a nd she's my rock. It was all worth it to be with her. I did say something nice to my sister, like I prmosed myself. Got it on videotape... had to keep it. It'll only happen once. We both cried, and hugged. That was nice. Actually lost 5 pounds! Ever ytime theyt all started fighting, Chris and I (hubby) , yeah, we're both Chris. We took a walk. Guess all the stress came to my advantage! We're exhauseted, doing laundry to catch up, unpacking the car. You name it, we're doing it. Slept like a baby last night. I gotta get a shower and get back to work. Talk to ya later girls! Cheer up.... gaining in the holiday season is part of the fight!!!!! You're all still beautiful...

Kempyd
12-03-2002, 11:17 AM
I am still here I am just tring to get myself caught up after being gone for 5 days. I promise I will post a book when I am all caught up. I miss you guys! I'll be back later.

angieME
12-03-2002, 03:24 PM
Congrats on the weight loss Chris!!! What does that put you at now? I got my elliptical machine today. It has iFIT. I can't wait to try it out. I need to do my whole workout tonight because I went to Bangor to get the elliptical this morning.

Kempy, I will catch you on here one time or another. LOL

Jen, how did everything work out on your E H MRI?

SvelteChicky
12-03-2002, 03:32 PM
Hey ANgie: That puts me at 210/160/150.. can ya belive it? I sure can't. I"m still me though. Same issues, just less of me.

angieME
12-03-2002, 03:35 PM
I know what you mean about same issues. When I got to 130 last time I was shocked to learn that my appetite hadn't decreased too much. You are doing awesome.

Kempyd
12-03-2002, 03:43 PM
Hey guys! Hopefully I will be in the same position as you guys. I think I am letting my life get in the way of losing any weight. I felt terrible getting on the scale yesterday. I knew I ate alot but WOW!!!

Joe is coming to get my car to trade it in. I have only had the thing for a yeaar and a half but he hates to drive it. He is so used to his truck he feels small in my car. I am kind of emotional about it. I love that car. I don't know why I am this way, it is just a piece of machinery. I guess tonight I will be driving home in a new truck. Yikes! Me in a truck! We had an Explorer but that seemed a little diffrent.

angieME
12-03-2002, 04:50 PM
What kind of truck are you getting? We have a Dodge Durango and I love it. It is black with chrome on the bottoms of the doors and of course Jay had to get the chrome rims and brush guard. It is his dream car.Well that and a corvette. LOL. I don't drive so I don't need a car. I get too nervous when I do so I just stopped bothering.

Kempyd
12-03-2002, 06:13 PM
We got a Ford ZX4. He had to have the Lariat package. We can't do anything normal. lol My car was a 2001 Honda Accord coupe. I guess I won't be driving that anymore. Who knows what Joes dream car is. I think it changes daily. lol He brought it by work after he bought it and I really do like it. I kept making comments like I hope it fits in the garage. He said if it doesn't we will just have to move. That made me giggle a little.

Kempyd
12-03-2002, 08:02 PM
Now that I have an evening alone I will be able to chat with you guys.

Thanksgiving was good but it got old really quick. We had about 18 people in one house with a big beroom in the back that can sleep 11. We had one full bathroom and one half bath. The one full bath doesn't have a vent so after your shower you can't get dressed in there b/c it is soooo hot. Getting dressed in a small 1/2 bath is not the easiest thing to do. One of the other bad things is that you are never alone. One day everyone was down at the lake so I snuck back inside and read a magazine and took a nap. There really wasn't to much sleeping b/c of all of the snoring going on. Being that close a pillow over your head can't stop the sound.

I had fun but I can tell you that I was glad to be back home.

melekalikimaka
12-03-2002, 09:54 PM
Hello Ladies! Kempyd said I should join you here for some motivation in my battle of the bulge. I was going to say hello last week but Thanksgiving got in the way...and I'm having a difficult time getting back on track. I've been "lurking" and reading your posts but haven't really sat down to say hi. Anyway, a little about me. First off, I noticed you all are pretty much on the east coast. I on the other hand am in Hawaii (I know, it's tough living here, but hey, somebody's gotta do it) :) and am quite a few hours behind. But that said, I am still committed to losing this weight and am grateful for this site and forum with its opportunities to vent and to get motivated by other gals and guys. I've kinda sorta been following a Slim Fast plan since 10/24/02. I've lost 15 lbs so far and am feeling better. I must say that I'm losing the drive and need to get back into gear real soon.
SvelteChicky: You are awesome! You are where I want to be.
angieME: You too! On a downward trend (in a good way) and still going
Kempyd: Thanks for inviting me here. You are a brave soul who works in a place where I only dream of going (and that would be a bad dream) LOL
If i've missed anybody I'm sorry but hello to all of you and hope you don't mind me "barging in" in your party. I've always been a "crasher"...parties/sleeping/dieting... Anyway, please help me stay afloat in this journey and I will do my best to motivate you too, even if you don't need it. Thanks.
Regards,
Noelle

angieME
12-03-2002, 10:05 PM
Hey Noelle, welcome. You sound like you are doing great so far.How much more do you want to lose? I would love to see Hawaii. My husband is fascinated with Volcanoes. The warm weather must be great too. We hit a high of 12 degrees here today. I have the heat on 75 and I am still freezing as I sit here. LOL:smug:

melekalikimaka
12-03-2002, 10:59 PM
Hi Angie, oh yeah, my stats...
Height: 5' 3"
SW: 215
CW: 200
Mini-Goal: 194 by 12/14/02 (b-day)
Final Goal: 150
The final goal may change if all goes well. I just chose that as a number that I know I could be comfortable with...not too fat, not too thin. I've always been heavy and am finally getting old enough to know that I CAN do something about it and wise enough to actually do it. Thanks for the welcome.
Also, we had a low of 68 degrees and a high of 79 today...pretty beautiful day. Here's sending some Hawaiian sunshine your way:flow2: .

SvelteChicky
12-04-2002, 07:53 AM
HI NOelle... Melikalikimaka... is Hawaii's way to have a very merryi christmas day.. am I right? Cuz our family, every year, watches national Lampoons Christmas Vacation.. as tradition, and we all sing that song... I'm not gonna sing anymore for ya, but figured i'd sahre our little funny connection. hey, this battle of the bulge as so many puit it, is rough. One slip up, and you usually quit. I have. I'm not perfect by far. In fact, I'm saving some clothes, since I may end up gaingin a little weight back, since my body probably would prefer to be a little bigger than this. You know, body's comfortable weight thing. I"m not skinny, but noticably, for me, smaller. I pray I can keep it all off, but I"m going day by day. As it gets colder (our high here in Maryland last ight was 15).... it's so hard to bundle up like that and walk. Then there's the wind. I just don't know how I"ll manage through the winter, but I"m praying. In Hawaii, you guys have the most scrumptious foods.. I bet if you look to traditional foods, that have fruits and veggies in it, you'll do fine. Such a beautiful and exotic location to be dieting... what a nightmare....stick around, and we'll lift you up... You can do it!!!

Kempy: Don't let life throw you off track. You are a strong woman, and you can do this.

Jenny: Still feeling icky? Poor thing. Wish we could crash your house and bring you soup. Girlfriend soup.

Angie: Funny girl with your cars. I have a silver 2002 Ford Focus Wagon.. aren't I domesticated?

Kempyd
12-04-2002, 12:04 PM
WELCOME NOELLE!!!! I am so glad you deciede to join us. I think I speak for all of us here we will welcolm you with open arms. I noticed that you talk down about yourself. Stop it. I am sure that you are a beautiful woman and we are going to help you attain your goals. That is the first thing that needs to change, your mindset. You may have had trouble in the past but this time you will win!!!!!

Chris I think I am the only one who could crash into Jenn's house. She only lives about 2 1/2 hours away from me. That really isn't that far. I used to live in Pensacola so we still make the trip during the summer. I am hoping that next summer I can meet her. That would be really cool.

I am not envious our you guys with the cold. We have a high of 70 today but it is going to rain all day. Then tomorrow night it will be 29. That is COLD for us. I guess I need to get outside and cover all of my plants. I work to hard with them to let them die b/c of one cold night.

melekalikimaka
12-04-2002, 02:18 PM
Good morning, or should I say good afternoon? I'm just starting my day here and you're all halfway through yours. That's okay though, it's all good. Thanks for the warm welcomes--I am glad to be here.

Kempy--sorry about my negative "crapitude"... I will make a concerted effort to think and be positive today and every day that follows. It's just something I've developed over the the years of being a chunky monkey. You guys are pretty upbeat here and I think it'll rub off.

Chris--we have the same car! How funny is that? My car is that bright screaming red color called "infrared". I like my low-profile tires though. Sporty, yet practical I say. I call it my "radio flyer"--little red wagon, get it? I've had it for a year and am pretty pleased with it.

Angie--I read your last journal post...easy does it now! LOL

Jenny--Hello to you too . I hear you're under the weather hope you feel better real soon.

Anyway, here at work and just checking in. Catch up more w/you gals later.

~~Noelle~~
ps. do you guys have an unfair advantage of living in the cold? Doesn't the body burn more calories to stay warm? Maybe I gotta make a climate change. (haha)

Kempyd
12-04-2002, 02:29 PM
I hope you don't burn more in the cold. We don't have to many cold days here. I thought that is when you gain more weight, kind of like a bear and hibernation. Store that food. Of course Chris and Angie don't sound like theyare doing that. They are doing great. You guys are so inspiring.

Noelle I din't mean to yell at you. I have bad days like that. All I do is think negative about myself. I started taking serzone to help with social anxiety and it should help with the bad feelings too. I have to stop and remind myself that I am a gret aperson and that I deserve to feel good and then my bad thoughts just go away. I had one of the bad days right before Thanksgiving. I wrote it in my journal and I got a lot of response from everyone here. I really needed it to help pick me back up. I better stop, I feel all mushy inside talking about how great everyone is here.

angieME
12-04-2002, 04:20 PM
Noelle, I would probably burn more calories in the cold if I went outside!! LOL. I swear I leave the house about once a week to go grocery shopping and that is it during the winter. Of course I have to walk out back to work but that is only about 30 feet.
I hate winter. Jay is praying for snowy weather and I am not. Poor guy bought a snowmobile and there isn't enough snow yet to use it.

Kempyd
12-04-2002, 05:27 PM
Noelle, just curious, what do you do out there. It is so pretty I don't think I would ever be able to work. I guess we would just be beach bums.

SvelteChicky
12-04-2002, 06:22 PM
Hey girls. Noelle, we're waiting for a snow storm tonight. I'm sure i"ll burn some calories trying to dig out int he morning. I got a CD walkman for my birthday, and a bike helmet... can't wait to see if I get taht bike I"m dying for. I"m also happy, since I can bundle up, and listen to good music.. that's if I venture outta this house in the next 24 hours. I'm praying I get snowed in. Its so great to be all snuggly. Well, hubby's caling dinner. Be back soon.

melekalikimaka
12-04-2002, 08:05 PM
Hi all. Chris, happy belated birthday. Angie, new picture I see--looking good! I've got to get my hubby to take a picture of me so I can post it up.
Kempy~Well it's 1:42 pm my time and I'm at work...I've been working with my hubby Rick in running his plumbing contracting business. He started this venture back in April 2000 but he's only recently persuaded me to join him this past September. I used to be a credit and collections manager for a heavy equipment company--6 years with that company and it was very hard for me to leave. I had my own identity there, my own success. Now I'm "the wife" who just so happens to answer the phones (or something like that) and do the paperwork. It was a difficult adjustment for me to say the least, but when I felt least in control of my life I started taking control of my my weight, my health and I'm slowly getting peace of mind. I sit in this office all day by myself...mostly surfing the net and checking out all the new journal posts on 3FC.
I don't go to the beach much since I don't like being seen in a swimsuit. And even though I live on an island I don't know how to swim. When I was 4 I fell off of an inflatable floating raft and I sunk to the bottom before my dad realized I fell off. Needless to say I hate the sound of water rushing into my ears and don't much like the water anymore. Still traumatized after all these years (heehee).

Anyway that's a little more about me. I picked my son up from school and brought him to my office. Now he's jumping on the couch and running his mouth non-stop--driving me crazy!!! I need to take him home. Talk w/ya gals soon.

Kempyd
12-04-2002, 08:52 PM
What a horrible experience to have had at such a young age. I jumped into a pool in a spot that I thought was about 2 feet, boy was i surprised to find out that it was much deeper. I hadn't kearned how to swim before that. One of my sisters friend was a life gaurd but wasn't working or anything. She saw me and thankfully swam over and got me up. If she wouldn't have been there I wouldn't be here. I learned how to swim since then.

My dad did plumbing on the side as I was growing up so I know it can get kind of crazy. My mom was thankful he knew how to do all of that though. We have rentaly appartments and if something broke we had him.

angieME
12-05-2002, 11:34 AM
Chris, How much snow did you guys get? Jay is jealous!!! He REALLY wants snow. Crazy man!!!!

I think I got the hang of the elliptical machine. At least I don't think I am going to kill myself on it. LOL I actually am starting to enjoy it. My legs are still quite sore but hey No pain no gain.

Noelle, My moms best friend had an inground pool when me and sis were little. We actually taught ourselves to swim. I think back now and wonder why the heck they would let us play out there alone. We would hold on to the edge and go out into the deep end when noone was looking. I am one of those parents that doesn't trust my kids in situations like that. I am a little overprotective but if anything ever happened to them I would die. They all are really good swimmers now. they taught themselves too but my pool is only 4 feet deep.

Kempy, while we were talking last night you mentioned tornados. Have you ever been through one? I can not imagine what that must be like.

Jen, How are you holding up? If you need someone to talk to we are all here for ya.

Kempyd
12-05-2002, 01:56 PM
I havn't even seen a tornado. Thing is there are all over down here. We joke about them due to the freight train sound but thankfully I really don't know from experience. The reason we joke is because we can hear the train as it is going through the swamp. That really isn't that far from our house.

Chris i am jealous too. I don't remember when we last had snow that stuck to the ground. Good thing b/c no one down here knows how to drive in it. I think the whole town would have to shut down.

Noelle how are you doing to day? I am sure you are you are probably just getting up. It is 12 here. I can hear the lunch wistle blowing. Of course, I hear that thing even when it isn't lunch time. lol

Jenn come bak to us. We miss you.

melekalikimaka
12-05-2002, 03:40 PM
Hello everybody...I'm just now sitting down at my desk and getting down to business--the business of talking to you guys. Did somebody say tornadoes? I don't think we even get those things out here. We've had an episode or two of those little funnel clouds but even those are a rare occurence. Now hurricanes we get. Maybe a major one once every 10 years or so so now we're overdue. Not that I want one to come by or anything. I live on O'ahu and we've been pretty lucky the past 2 times the hurricanes have touched ground. It's usually the 2 islands on each end of the chain that get hit the worst (knock on wood). My mom has said that tornadoes are very scary--sirens blaring, skies turning black...this was when we used to live in Little Rock, AR--yup, my birthplace. We moved to Hawaii when my dad retired from the Navy, I was less than 2 years old so I don't remember anything about living anywhere on the mainland.
And another thing I've never seen--snow falling. What little snow we do get in Hawaii is on the "Big Island" and I'd have to hop on a plane to get there...not my favorite place anyway.

On the diet front I'm getting back into the groove. Took Tina (Kicking Horse) up on her 2 week Christmas Challenge and today is day 2. I'm striving to be the best loser--we'll see. I'd like to be down to 194 by 12/14--it's a stretch I know but I'm gonna try my best. I'm also trying to get into the Christmas spirit by decorating my office except I didn't get a tree so I'm putting a string of lights on my silk ficus. Tis the season to make due with what you have...

Kempyd
12-05-2002, 04:23 PM
Wow that had to be a cultur shock, AR? It is even a shcok for me and I live in Louisiana. lol I think Ficus trees look good with little white lights in them. I have two by my front door and when we put lights on the outside of the house we wrapped them in the trees too. I love the way it looks. Do you guys have them growing outside in the ground? I know down in Mexico they do. Those things get huge! I have to keep mine in pots so if it getts to cold (below freezing) I can pull them in the garage. Let me tell you if is funny seeing me try to get them in by myself. It never fails Joe is out of town when I have to do that. Do you think he plans it that way? lol

Noelle I am glad you are joining in on a challenge. I know I have to set goals really small. Today I am not going to eat any of the candy at the front desk. (we give ourselves job security). Of course as the day goes on it looks even better. I will be strong!

For dinner I have company so I am going to roast a small turkey with veggies. I can't wait. I am ready to leave work right know to start it.

SvelteChicky
12-05-2002, 05:51 PM
Hey girls. Looks like you girls spend more itme here than I do... I guess I'm behind due to the SNOW STORM HERE!!! My goodness, we knew it would snow, but this is rediculous! There's about 7 or 8 inches here,a nd it'ss till falling. I remember being a kid in Florida, Jacksonville, and wanting to see snow, Boy, living here has made up for that. I live din Brunswick Maine for a minute as a kid, and that was colder than ****. ANd depressing, for me at elast. I remember my mother was very depresed, because she worked in a shipyard or soemthing,a nd we couldn't afford to heat the house, There was a kerosene heater, but that gave me headaches.. memories.

Anyway, i've been shoveling, and shoveling, and digging and digging. Hope i don't wake up with a bachache. You always think you're doing it right, until the next morning, when you start feeling the burn. Dressed up doggie in her santa costume, and took to the streets, What was cleared out. Very little plowing around my neighborhood, so it was good exercise taking that walk. Used my new CD walkman, and sang christmas songs while I trudged through the snow... it was rally pretty though, and I loved how it fell like in slow motion while I walked. Really a great moment.. me and Celia, just walking, and singing "Let it Snow"... funny sight i"m sure. Well, I"m off.

Missing ya Jenn. Sending snow your way Angie: send hubby here to shovel, he'll wish he'd never wanted snow. Oh wait, doesn't he have that blower? Man, I'd kill for it right about now!

Noelle... i'd also kill for your weather.. i'm sending a foot of snow your way. Geti nt he shower really cold, that's the weather here! Ha Ha

Kempyd
12-05-2002, 06:06 PM
I wish I could have seen that Chris. I bet it was cute. I bet you got a great workout today. Meanwhile I am here in my office. I don't want to go outside it is getting colder. I feel like a baby b/c it is only in the 40's and I am complaining. I know it could be worse but I am a southerner, I don't own warm clothes. I hate to buy them. I would much rather by cute summer stuff.

angieME
12-05-2002, 06:19 PM
I want to live somewhere where it doesn't get too cold during the winter. I HATE the cold. It is freezing here. We need a snowstorm to push the cold air out. It is usually pretty nice right after a storm leaves and it is calm outside.

Kempyd
12-05-2002, 06:21 PM
Hey I got an idea, you guy move down here. That would be great. We could all sit around and eat Angie's donuts have Noelle do one of those Hawaiian pig roast and Chris can counsel us. I bet Jenn and I could really get into that senario. lol

melekalikimaka
12-05-2002, 07:23 PM
Kempy that sounds like a plan! and I don't even need to dig a hole in your back yard to cook the pig...i found a recipe that uses a crock pot--those ancient hawaiians would be turning over in their graves if they only knew. :lol: and for a special effect, maybe I can build a volcano for you complete with real lava (remember Peter Brady?) to give you the real hawaiian luau feeling. oh boy i could go on and on, but i won't (heehee)

angieME
12-06-2002, 11:59 AM
I started this summer out in a size 12 shorts, by the time summer was over I had totally outgrown a size 14. Today for fun I figured I would see if I could fit into the 14's yet. THEY WERE TO BIG!!! I figured what the ****, I might as well try the 12's then. THEY FIT. They were tight still but they do fit.

I stopped buying real jeans when I outgrew a 12. I figured I wouldn't get any bigger if I refused to buy bigger jeans. LOL
They are smaller than my 12 shorts so hopefully soon I will be wearing real jeans again. YEAH!!!:cool:

angieME
12-06-2002, 12:01 PM
Noelle, I have always wanted to go to a pig roast. My mom's best friend used to go to Hawaii every year and said the pig was so tender it would just fall apart. YUMMY!!!

Kempyd
12-06-2002, 01:01 PM
Noelle can you be on the next flight out? I would love to hear all about how it is over there. I have never been. The farthest out I have gone is Catalina Island off of CA. It was great but I was ready to get back to Cali. (That would be a good song hehe)

Angie I am the same way with my clothes. I stop buying them at 12. Boy somtime I have to struggle to get them on. I lay down on the bed to zip them up and when I stand up I have a shar pei puppy around my waist. Boy that does wonders fro my self esteem.

Is every one having a good day. I am so cold I am having a hard time typing. I thought it would warm up my fingers but I am just making alot of mistakes. I keep trying though.

SvelteChicky
12-06-2002, 01:25 PM
HI, Here at work, people are miserable. Today's my boss's last day, and we're just blah. ALso, I didn't get breakfast into me, so I"m irrtated and tired. Now we're heading out to the Staff Appreciation Luncheon, and i"ll probably eat a hole in the place. man, at least it's Friday. I'd love to have a Pig Roast. Sounds delicious! I'd love to eat a good meal in Hawaii.

We're still digging outta the snow here. Its now slushy and slippery. SO, after yesterday's snow in, today's the dig out, slip on your *** day. Yee Ha. There's always the weekend. We're planning to go to Williamsburg on Sunday for the Grand Illumination. Big fancy dinner, great hotel stay (one night), and walk through the christmas dislays every where. SHould be fun. We're still tired from thanksgiivng, and hrere we go again!

Kempyd
12-06-2002, 01:38 PM
Are you close to Williamsburg? I was born in Fredricksburg, VA. Are you close to that?

melekalikimaka
12-06-2002, 03:02 PM
Hey, I wanna join the size 12 and under club too. I guess my "initiation" would be to first lose 40 more lbs. I gotta keep on truckin'. It must be all that kalua pig I've been eating (haha).
And you wonder why the hawaiians invented the muumuu--it was to accommodate their expanding girth after all those luaus.

Angie, how cool is that? Congratulations on conquering the size 14's and entering the size 12's again. I'm jealous, but I'm happy for you. As my husband and I were out walking yesterday I was commenting to him how after I lost these 15 lbs I went from a size 18 tight to a size 18 very loose. I guess I was denying that I may have actually been a 20 (gasp!). I have a couple of pairs of 16's in my closet, which was my normal size before I had the kid. Tried to get one on the other day, OMG my calves could barely get through. I quickly shoved them into the back of the closet again. I will dig them up in another 20 lbs. Since I'm short, I carry most of my weight around my middle and legs. Do you know how hard it is to find anything over a 16 in a petite length? That's why I love shopping on the mainland. I don't know why these Hawaii retailers don't get the message that we have a lot of short, fat people here. Kemp, you'd be considered fairly tall for a woman in Hawaii. In fact, I'm only 5' 3" and I was the 3rd tallest woman in my office. There were 7 of us ladies and the other 2 who were taller than me were only 5' 4" and 5' 5" --the rest were 5' or under....I felt quite tall next to them.

Chris, you're right about us having some real great food out here. We've got all kinds--a lot of Asian influence too. And no snow whatsoever in Honolulu. Great food, sunny 90% of the time, no extreme temperature changes...don't you all just wanna come out here instead? Maybe we could time share or something. I've always wanted to visit the east coast. The farthest I've been that way was to Chicago, IL and New Orleans, LA (aside from Little Rock, AR which I don't remember anything worth a darn).

Kempyd
12-06-2002, 03:37 PM
Noelle yo were right by me when you came to New Orleans. I live about 45 min. from there. In fact that is where I am going shopping tonight. I think the idea of moving to Hawaii is better than everyone coming here. Don't worry about the clothes size thing. You are on your way to a smaller you as we speak!

melekalikimaka
12-06-2002, 04:18 PM
I loved New Orleans or "Nawlins"--another mecca of unbelievable food. I'd love to visit again maybe this time of year since it's cooler. I was there in July 98 and it was 95 degrees at 8 am and humid! I'm used to hot temperatures but at home we've got the tradewinds to cool us off. Great place though, so much history. Have fun shopping.

angieME
12-06-2002, 04:45 PM
Noelle, I think we should all come live with you. LOL The farthest I have ever been is New Hampshire, How sad is that??? Well, New York when I ran away as a teenager but if your in a truck or trying to hitch a ride back it doesn't count. haha. The stupid things I have done!!!!Now I just pray my kids don't find out about any of the crap I pulled as a teen.

SvelteChicky
12-06-2002, 08:09 PM
We're about 5hours from Williamsburg. The trip is supposed to help 'bridge the gap" between my husband and his father's girlfriend, who are arch enemies for years. It's a getting to know you moment, Hubby's terrified that it'll be a bore, and worried the girlfriend will either ignore him or treat him poorly. I say, get over it, and have a good time. If he loves her, be happy for him.

SvelteChicky
12-06-2002, 08:14 PM
Ladies, we outta start a new thread here... we're on a long line, and we outta start over again. I'll start another one, and look for me at the same area. Ciao!

SvelteChicky
12-06-2002, 08:18 PM
Don't laugh, but I called the new thread Ya Ya's. See you guys there.