100 lb. Club - Sooo... how you doing with 2011?

View Full Version : Sooo... how you doing with 2011?

Lyn2007
01-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Today is Day 5 of 2011. How are you doing with your goals so far? I hope everyone is still going strong!

My update: I am down 5 pounds so far, back to 181. I think it won't be TOO long before I am back to my low of 175... and then moving on down the scale.

Arctic Mama
01-05-2011, 11:23 AM
I'm doing great! I hit an all-time low of 205.6 this morning, Onederland is so close I can taste it!

Eliana
01-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Well, you are really taking the new year in stride! Good for you! Your enthusiasm is infectious! And after such a good run already too!

My new year is beginning just as the last one ended...on plan.

I'm in a unique position though. I took a break just before the new year purposefully, so I have a renewed spirit that fits in great with this time of year for "fresh new starts". So though I'm not purposely doing the "new year's thing", my energy feels as though I am.

sept15lija
01-05-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm doing great too! After a kinda slow December (loss of about 6 pounds - which I was happy with, but slower than previous months), I have lost 4 pounds already! YAY 2011!! :)

tschaff04
01-05-2011, 11:36 AM
2011 is going great for me so far. I am at 193.2 as of this morning. (WI day is Friday but I sneaked and checked today just to see where I was at. lol)

I can feel the 180's coming soon! That will be an amazing feeling. It's been a long time since I have seen them.

Coondocks
01-05-2011, 11:41 AM
so far so good. 4 lbs down, back at ticker weight, a renewed drive to do this right and see it through.
Helps getting rid of some stressors, even if it creates a few more - more are gone than staying around.
:)

Essa415
01-05-2011, 12:09 PM
So far so good. I have been off plan for the past year so its a little difficult at times but I have some strong willpower apparently :)

I am down almost 5 lbs since the 1st!!

I havent even started my crazy workouts yet either, I am giving myself ~2 weeks on just healthy 1500 cal days, then I will add in my workouts starting Jan 16th!

Seems like everyones willpower is still in high gear, lets keep it up there!!

Nikki6kidsmom
01-05-2011, 04:11 PM
I am doing awesome. I feel great and love being back to working out after surgery in November. My dr gave me the all clear to slowly add back all activities. I admitted to him I have been running for a whole week and feel great. My food is right on target . I feel so happy and committed to healthy living. Life is awesome right now!

My best friend just joined me at bootcamp and I love having her there. I know it will change her life too. I want her to feel as awesome as I do she deserves it too.

lottie63
01-05-2011, 04:16 PM
I"m doing AMAZING!

I've broken my 40 lb barrier (I had lost 40 lbs and then regained 28 of them before re-losing them) I"m now at a 41 lb loss! WOOO! :D

Anyhow, when I first started for a month and a half I was losing fast and steady, but....then I added gluten back in and my weight loss slowed to a crawl. Maybe a lb a week instead of 2-3 and sometimes it was 10 days before seeing a loss.

I've cut gluten out again and the weight is coming off fast. The gluten makes me PUFF up really bad with water weight, I think that the added water weight was masking fat loss.

TooManyDimples
01-05-2011, 04:21 PM
So far so good. I had a rough December and when I weighed in on Jan 1st I was up 7lbs from the last time I'd stepped on the scale Dec 10th. :( I've been on plan since December 30th so hopefully when I do my weekly weighin on Friday I'll have dropped a significant amount of that 7lbs. :halffull:

DixC Chix
01-05-2011, 04:32 PM
I've been doing well with WW and exercise.

I like the new WW points+ plan. It encourages more healthy food consumption than the old one.

This morning my scale showed 231.5 - a 2.5 loss and the scale at the gym showed 230. I like the way it flirts with me.

The gym does not have very many resolutioners showing up. It is not as crowded as it was last year at this time. It feels so good to be back at it.

summershine
01-05-2011, 04:41 PM
I....I learnt how to make fudge.

yeah.

._.

Loving Me
01-05-2011, 04:50 PM
After a couple of shaky days I'm totally back on track now and the holiday gain is coming off again thankfully.
I've tried two new classes at the gym in the last two days and think I'm going to love them both once I get used to them, so that's given me a boost.
I'm just holding out for the day (hopefully within a week or so) when I'm back to my lowest weight and then I can break into new territory.

foodmasochist
01-05-2011, 04:59 PM
December blew! January is better :) i was off plan but now i am back. i am up somewhere around 5 pounds. After three days back on plan i will call that official weight.

Could be worse though, could definitely be worse, and as always, i will never give up :)

-fm

SuperMommy22
01-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Way to go everyone, It's great so many are doing so well. I think this is SOOO HARD. I know it will get easier but oh my goodness, it's only day three for me and I feel like I just want to give up. ( I am not going to ) but I feel like it. Anyway, thanks everyone for being here on 3FC for support. It really helps to read all your posts.

The day is almost over, one more closer to a healthier me!!!!

dcapulet
01-05-2011, 06:36 PM
I make weekly goals, and have been able to stick with them so far - so I'm happy! One of my new goals is to check in with weight once monthly, and I've resisted the scale so far. :)

graycyn
01-05-2011, 06:47 PM
I didn't have such a great eating day yesterday, but am on track today. Scale was looking great to me this morning, but it might just be that I am still losing a bit of water weight. Surprisingly, I did not gain during the holidays, even lost a tiny bit. Including a quarter-inch of my waistline.

Definitely needing to be back on track with my normal eating though. Sugar items all gone from the house, thank goodness! I ate WAY too much sugar right after Xmas! It was starting to make me feel crappy. It's not that I don't do sugar, I do use honey in my greek yogurt and maple syrup in my oatmeal, but I don't generally use more than a tablespoon or two's worth in a day and it's measured by the gram. So all the Xmas cookies, chocolate, fudge, etc... were just TOO MUCH!

CherryPie99
01-05-2011, 07:32 PM
I have worked out every day and have been eating really well, so I would say that I'm doing well but the scale doesn't agree. It hasn't BUDGED in 2 weeks and I'm getting pretty discouraged... :mad:

Charms
01-05-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm doing well! I've even upped my water intake. The battery on my scale is out so I won't know progress until the weekend when I can go purchase a replacement.

BunnyD
01-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Thanks to these boards, I'm staying committed to the process. I'm eating breakfast every day, drinking more water, making better choices. There's a long way to go, but it's going to be so worth it!

Charmsey
01-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Congrats to everyone who is doing well! I'm managing. Granted, I just started on this weight loss journey, and I didn't weigh in today. I'm below my max calorie count for today, which is good. But I did splurge tonight. My family went out for Mexican and I not only got my usual (a rather unhealthy meal of 2 enchiladas and a taco), but a margarita to go with it. Granted, the kiwi margarita hit the spot and tasted fabulous. But I can't say it was really necessary.

But hey, that can be my splurge this week and I'll work on being better! :)

And 2011 itself will be fantastic! I can feel it.

SparrowSings
01-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Summershine, you are sooooo sneaky. I know you are making fudge to hide in your backyard so that any lurking pounds stay out there and away from you. ;)

SuperMommy, I have to agree with you about how reading about someone else's plan or problem or victory can be very helpful and inspiring. And you know, of course, that your posts are just as helpful, right?

CherryPie, you just need to ignore your scale for a few days. It's getting cocky and you need to remind it just who is in charge here. After a few days of you running around enjoying your improved body, eating great on-plan food and drinking water, your scale will be overjoyed to post a great new number for you. (In other words, hang in there --- it will happen!)

vdander24
01-05-2011, 09:25 PM
I am doing much better on the exercise front, and doing well on the food front, although I am not back to tracking calories.... Yet. I just got my digital food scale, so I am getting a better baseline. I will be good to go on the 9th!

BY the way! It is AWESOME to here everyone starting out so strong!

Lottie63 - I know how hard you have been fighting to break that barrier! Way to go.
Eliana- I am sending great wishes your way! Good job!

Summerblue
01-06-2011, 09:32 AM
So far so good...........I think I so over did it between Thanksgiving and Christmas that I am not even interested in eating the crap I was eating - perhaps I OD'd.

So far so go for me........down a couple pounds and I am at the minimum walking each day, sometimes morning and night but also going to the gym.

This time.........once and for all............I can't give up. I JUST CAN'T.

ubergirl
01-06-2011, 09:36 AM
So far so good in January. I've lost one pound of my four pound gain. I'm blasting through fitness goals, and my plan is just business as usual.

I'm setting a goal of 25 lbs for 2011. That feels incredibly doable.

shannonmb
01-06-2011, 11:47 AM
I have to say, I am super proud of myself!!! I didn't lose anything in December (very glad not to have gained), but I was excited to get to adjust my ticker down by 3 pounds on this 6th day in January!! I treated myself to a good (well, good for me) workout to celebrate.

My ticker is going to be doing some moving this month. My head is really in the right place. :D

PaulaM
01-06-2011, 11:49 AM
I have to face the fact I am getting older and can't do like I did. Zumba class yesterday kicked my butt, I am so sore I can barely walk today. Sigh.

Slashnl
01-06-2011, 11:55 AM
December was just bad overall for me and really, 2010 wasn't great. Disappointing after a really good 2009. So, now in January, I'm feeling so good to be back to the routine of 2009. Now, I'll just hold on to the good feeling and keep losing!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Nothing much yet, but my audit season is starting to wind down. I need to sugar detox. Badly. I think I will this weekend.

ubergirl
01-06-2011, 10:51 PM
really not so good today....

I have a meeting coming up and I was told that I have to be ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS and LOOK STUNNING and DAZZLE EVERYONE.

I freaked out and ate a bowl of cereal at 3 pm.

Ugh.

GabrielleEmersyn
01-07-2011, 01:17 AM
going great for me! Admittedly I'm only 5 days into my journey :lol:

KatMarie
01-07-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm doing great. Lost 3 more pounds and down to 205!

Spooky
01-07-2011, 09:54 AM
I'm doing great! I rejoined WW on Monday and am really enjoying the Points Plus program. I think it really nudges you toward healthy choices and I like that.
I haven't made it back to the gym yet but I will be working on that next! Booked a cruise for fall 2012 and would love for that to be my at goal reward!

caryesings
01-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Mixed. Still having trouble developing a new plan that will fit in with new lifestyle and therefore not very disciplined. Workouts skipped, treats allowed beyond what fits in the day calorically.

The good news is I'm not throwing in the towel and so far haven't gained any weight since the initial 2 lbs uptick in early November that I finally acknowledged on 12/31.

graycyn
01-07-2011, 07:51 PM
I have to face the fact I am getting older and can't do like I did. Zumba class yesterday kicked my butt, I am so sore I can barely walk today. Sigh.

I hear THAT! I got to the gym for the first time this year yesterday and walked ONE mile. And I was SO SORE afterward! But I went to my Group Active class today and that also kicked my butt. Hopefully things will ease as I get back in the exercise groove.

graycyn
01-07-2011, 07:55 PM
My gym is having a Zumba party tomorrow... I'm thinking of going.

I did an hour Zumba class once before and my ankles/knee/feet were a wreck for two weeks after. But this will be in the big gym, and probably a lot of people, so I'm thinking I could sneak out easier if it is too much for me. 20-30 minutes would probably be about my limit.

graycyn
01-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Darn it. Woke up this morning with very sore feet. Left ankle slightly puffy. Decided I better give Zumba a miss. I think the pool or the stationary bike might be the better option today.

ShannanA
01-08-2011, 10:24 PM
well right now i'm on P3 of hcg so I've been maintaining my weight right now. I'm going to transition to WW after this is over :) So basically following the plan

LindseyLou
01-08-2011, 10:34 PM
So far 2011 is going very well! Weight loss has been slow...BUT, I've RAN 6 miles so far. I've been working out and running daily! So on the exercise front it's going well! :carrot: Hope the weight loss will speed up now that I'm running! ;)

spixiet
01-08-2011, 10:52 PM
woohooo - the 5.5 pound gain from december is officially gone :) :carrot:

p.s. if the scale bounces tomorrow morning, I'm going to kick myself for posting this :)

Lyn2007
01-09-2011, 12:55 PM
six pounds gone so far this month and I am rarin' to get to a new low!

gloo
01-09-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm okay. I came into the new year with some great weight loss from December, but for some reason my PMS bloat is kicking my butt this month and I'm retaining a LOT of water and up 5 lbs. I know what it is and that it's temporary, but I better whoosh soon because I'm sick of these shenanigans!

Loving Me
01-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Really struggling....
Gained 2.5lbs over Xmas and New Year, lost it plus another 1lb by Friday, then I've bounced back up again by 2lbs over last two days! Argh! I just can't work my body out at all and it's really frustrating me. My mood so far in the New Year has been terrible and I really need to change my attitude and try to change my focus as well off the number on the scale to something else. Just got to work out in what direction and how.

Charms
01-09-2011, 03:25 PM
I've been stalled the past couple weeks. Finally this week I dropped a pound. Happy New Year and new losing to all!

cfmama
01-10-2011, 11:15 PM
I'm doing really well :) Zoloft helped me with all of my stress and anxiety but also caused me to not be strict and gained some weight back. I'm back totally on plan and shedding again and that makes me very happy!

time2lose
01-11-2011, 01:03 PM
I am getting there. The time between Thanksgiving and New Year's day kicked me in the rear this year. I am being kind to myself because I know that I could have done much worse. Some times I ask "How did I let myself get in this place?" I know that it is so much easier to stay on track than to get back on track but I think that I was just very tired of saying, "No." Anyway, I have had several days on plan and it is getting easier.

My weight is fluctuating so much that I am not sure of my real weight and how much exactly that I gained. I think I gained about 8 pounds. I have decided to just get the behaviors under control and I know that weight loss will follow.

ubergirl
01-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Me only so-so. I'm starting to come to the realization that I see myself as a maintainer. I'm kicking butt on exercise and my weight has fluctuated within a four pound range for six months. I'm happy with the size I am now. When I think of myself as a maintainer, I'm pretty happy because I'm able to maintain. But when I think about losing, it seems to make things so much more difficult. So I think I'm going to hang here for a while and see what happens.

krampus
01-11-2011, 10:20 PM
January 1, midnight: I was standing on a bridge drinking cheap champagne straight from the bottle. I passed out shortly thereafter, woke up, drank 5 cocktails from 7-11 am, and ate probably 4 gigantic meals later in the day. Nightcapped with a ton of beer and pizza and chain smoking (but there was drum&bass/dubstep dancing too!) and stayed up until 7 am.

It really only can get better from there. I'm back on plan and I've already dropped a couple kilos of water/bloat weight thanks to eating better and stomach problems.

graycyn
01-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Lost a pound as of Monday!

Still struggling with eating and getting back to exercise. Victory yesterday was making myself do a weights DVD. And I felt better after!

The overcast and cold weather gets to me. But a south wind is hitting NOW and temps should finally go up above freezing again! Looking forward to ice free driveway and walks tomorrow!

Plan is to make it to the gym for some activity this afternoon. Which means I best get moving!

ScarlettDrawl
01-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Down 10 lbs so far for the year :dance:

The Last Noel
01-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Doing good. I've been beating myself up a little because I've slipped up with some really bad for me sweets a few times but I've also been maintaing the same calorie count for close to 20 days now. I've been walking almost every day and most impressively for me, I have kept my food diary mostly accurate for that entire time. So I'm really proud of myself. I know I can do this. Even though It might be the hardest thing I have ever done holy crap I am going to look amazing this time next year!

calluna
01-12-2011, 07:09 PM
The medical problems I had last fall (Sept-New Years) and the holiday together kicked my butt...I didn't do that great. I don't know how much my actual gain was, but I put the ticker up at the highest point to make sure it registers to my reality. Some of that is swelling and stuff and will go on its own.

In the meantime, I am well enough to eat properly and do a little light exercise. I will get back my fitness and keep moving toward my goals.

I think I would be more discouraged if there was more I could have done about it. As is, I need to make sure that I don't derail and spiral into regaining.

krampus
01-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Already getting sloppy!!!!!!!!!!!! But now I have a deadline to work toward. I'm going to Korea on February 10 and since everyone there is a supermodel (as opposed to midget supermodels like in Japan) I want to be as light as possible.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-12-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm doing really well :) Zoloft helped me with all of my stress and anxiety but also caused me to not be strict and gained some weight back. I'm back totally on plan and shedding again and that makes me very happy!

:D It's so good to "see" you.

ubergirl
01-13-2011, 12:24 AM
Hanging in there at 191.

shannonmb
01-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Woo hoo! Didn't lose a pound in December, but 6 so far this month/year! Totally focused and determined not to waste January and February, I'm going to have a good loss to show for myself when spring gets here, instead of feeling like I need to dig myself out of a hole!

Lyn2007
01-23-2011, 01:31 PM
I have totally been screwing around and don't even know what I weigh right now. Was 178 last week. Back on track...