The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - Biggest Loser Season 11

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Biggest Loser Season 11

suzie76
01-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Did anyone watch the show last night? What were your thoughts?

Sherry

stacygee
01-05-2011, 08:57 AM
I watched it and I loved it. Last season was the first season I watched and this will be my second. I was diappointed that they didn't show more of what was happening at the "unknown" camp. How are we going to get to know those? I do wish we learned more about their days and how long their workouts are and what they are eating. I also remember I thought last season they met with the Dr. the first show. Some of these people are so big I can't imagine what health concerns they may have. Anyway- I guess I have more questions. I'll look forward to next week though.

luckyme0510
01-05-2011, 09:23 AM
It looks like it's going to be much better than last season. And for the record... I definitely would have taken immunity if I had the choice. I don't know why people think Bob and Jillian are miracle workers, they're just lucky enough to have been cast for the show, there are plenty of other trainers out there who know what they're doing. I can't believe the people who passed up the opportunity for 4 weeks of immunity (even Bob and Jillian thought they were stupid for doing so!lol). And I think it was kind of lame that they still didn't show the new trainers.

Tomato
01-05-2011, 09:41 AM
I watched, although I kept flipping back and forth between another channel in the second hour as the TBL's second hour overlaps with another show that also started last night. I hate that. Not to mention the fact that What Not To Wear is also airing in the same slot.

I did not see the end but I was disappointed that they did not reveal the identity of the 'unknown' trainers. If I were on the show, and had the chance to select trainers, I would not hesitate a second and I would have gone with the unknown. The contestants' reasoning that "Bob and Jillian have a proven track record" - bah humbug. I am sure that the new trainers are just as capable as B+J, plus, the 4-week immunity was priceless.

I was impressed with Courtney who had shrunk from 430 to 330 on her own, prior to being selected as a TBL contestant; and also the heaviest dude (sorry I can't recall his name) - who is currently 520 or so but he had been over 600 lbs prior to getting on the show.
Courtney seems to have a lot stamina for a gal so heavy - thumbs up to her!

Tomato
01-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Luckyme0510,
We think alike. :-)
I had the window with half of my post typed up but I was on a phone call and finished afterwards. Meanwhile, you posted exactly the same.
:-)

back2reality
01-05-2011, 09:55 AM
I was very surprised that new trainers are being introduced this season, as well as some of the contestants trainer choices. May they all be successful!

Did you see the pound for pound challenge commercial? I've pledged 20 pounds. For every pound you pledge & lose during the challenge (thru the end of May), they'll match a pound of food for the local food bank of your choice, in the US.

Coondocks
01-05-2011, 09:56 AM
I missed most of it, DS was not having a good night last night - poor little thing :(
Im confused I think, 4 weeks of immunity for the 'unknowns' does that mean for the first 4 weeks its only the bob/Jillian team is going to be eliminated? That would make no sense to pick that team on purpose your doubling your chances to be sent home . . that is what I'm understanding right?
And if that's the case, are the next 4 weeks a free for all or is it just the unknowns that get eliminated? I can't wrap my head around why you wouldn't take the deal and ensure a month on the ranch.
Hmmmmmm

TooManyDimples
01-05-2011, 09:57 AM
I already think the contestants are going to be a lot more likable then they were last season. I heard or read somewhere that Courtney and Arthur (the 520 guy) were required to lose weight just to get on the show.

It was driving my husband crazy that they wouldn't show the new trainers. When they were standing on that hill and they kept showing the silhouettes of them in front of that light he kept going off. I thought it was funny. :) I don't know why they are dragging that out so long, it's not that big a deal. I wonder if they are just going to focus on the groups that are with Bob and Jill for the first couple weeks. Maybe they want to focus on a smaller group of contests to give us time to get to know them better. Kind of a good idea to me. I usually don't start really liking people until halfway through the season because it's so hard to really learn anything about them when there are so many people.

I would have taken the immunity. It completely cracked me up the way Bob and Jill reacted to the people that chose them over immunity.

Hopefully it's a good season. Always makes me feel motivated.

beerab
01-05-2011, 10:11 AM
They work out 6-8 hours a day and then I believe their diets are something similar to this:

http://www.lhj.com/health/weight-loss/getting-started/the-biggest-loser-7-day-diet-plan/

I thought it was pretty good- I missed the first half so got in late but I'm definitely interested in the new trainers- I think this might be a way to move to new trainers and let Bob and Jillian move on to other things.

cherrypie
01-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Looked like it's going to be a goo season. Though they are dragging the unknown trainers out far too long. Loved the little hints at the weighin of how well the other team is doing.

I would have gone for immunity too. It's not like they wouldn't have hired qualified trainers

Violin Jenn
01-05-2011, 12:09 PM
This looks to be a great season. Like others have posted, I too would have taken the 4weeks of immunity with the unknown trainers. To spend 4 weeks with 2 personal trainers and nothing to worry about but working out....priceless. LOL..It is KILLING me that they didn't reveal the new trainers! Hopefully next week they'll reveal more of the unknown team. This first episode seem to be alot of "getting to know you and get started stuff"

Bob's comments about Jillian saying she wasn't going to yell this season was hilarious!!!!

Can't wait for next week!

PlumBlossom
01-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Great show last night! I liked them keeping the trainers a secret and just getting snippets of what is going on. In the end (at least after the 4 weeks when I assume they will reveal them) I think the message will be - who cares how and with whom, just get your bootay off the couch and MOVE! Could be a great message, I think. I also think it will be exciting to really not see much of those contestants until after four weeks when they've really made some physical changes. The first couple weeks, you see weight loss but not much in the physical changes department.

Anyway, I love the format and the mystery. Did you hear in the preview for next week that if the B&J team beat the unknown team in weight loss then no one goes home - cleaver. I LOVE IT!

The Last Noel
01-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Loved it. Caught it on accident doing my treadmill and flipping the channels. No deep thoughts about it really. I have missed the last two seasons and now I come back and they have new trainers OMG!

suzie76
01-05-2011, 12:53 PM
I was glad to hear the new male trainer say that he has a degree in Sports Medicine.

Sherry

Eliana
01-05-2011, 01:07 PM
I'm already liking this season better, but really can't pinpoint why. Last season was just a dud.

I don't care a bit one way or other about the new trainers, so dragging it out is fine with me. There's no itch to scratch there. LOL!

spryng
01-05-2011, 01:34 PM
I love it as well! what I liked was that one person on the unknown trainer's team lost 41 lbs!!!! that was amazing! I think they may have a better diet/workout than bob and jillian, I bet they all come back in 4 weeks having lost much more weight than who is left on bob and jillian's team.. so not only will they have immunity but maybe better trainers?? that is still unknown but it will keep me tuning in for sure :)

mandagrl1
01-05-2011, 01:55 PM
I'll be interested to see how the other trainers are different in their styles regarding the most effective lifestyle change. IE: Will they put more or different emphasis on different types of workouts, or more on diet? I love TBL, but it seems that every season, they do the same things in that gym with very little changeups. Which, I mean, if it works it works but I know I get bored with the same old thing and that leads me to stop doing it. I'd like to know more specifics about the workouts too. How many reps do they do of each machine or weight? I see them running, and hear her count sometimes, but how long and how fast do they run?

I just wish they had some stats OTHER than weight to show progress each week. IE: Week one, contestant A comes in and Weighs B pounds, completes a mile on the treadmill in C mins at D mph, then show how it changes each week as they become more healthy.

I do like the contestants so far. Very impressed with Arthurs ability to excercise as much as he has at his weight! I saw that he was sweating through his tshirt at the beginning of the show just from standing up for the intro. I sincerely hope he stays for awhile and can get a lot of that off.

abetterme
01-05-2011, 03:08 PM
I really enjoyed it. I think I would have picked the unknown trainers. I wouldn't want to risk going home. I am excited to see who the new trainers are.

Slim CB
01-05-2011, 03:25 PM
The reason last season was a flop was there was too much game playing. This season seems to be about what BL was about in its original days - getting fit and healthy.

debbieOBX
01-05-2011, 03:29 PM
I loved it as well. I also would of gone with the unknowns. Four weeks should be long enough to learn a lot. Also these people will form a bond that could be very useful when they merge.

I like Dan and Don, there was such a sadness about them. They all worked hard and i truly did not see a slacker among them.

NOW what happened to the very very large girl that subway was helping?

debbie

tytbody
01-05-2011, 07:03 PM
i watched it today, it was good to me. I don't know why but it didn't tug at my heart strings. It was nice. I like the new trainers although I don't think the lady is going to be near as tough as Jillian. The man will make it but the lady, ah ah.

She can't think she can possibly spa with those people and still not hurt. She =has to let them do the work, not work out on her. She'll get hurt.

ringmaster
01-05-2011, 07:46 PM
awww.. I'm disappointed they didn't show the new trainers. I'm pretty sure the guy is Brett Hoebel, but I'm curious who the girl is. Is it bad I'm thinking whoever the next trainer is will be putting out new workout DVDs so I hope they are good :D I'm also pretty sure neither of the new trainers have been overweight so I wonder if they can really relate to the constants like Jillian did.

Rated
01-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Did you hear in the preview for next week that if the B&J team beat the unknown team in weight loss then no one goes home - cleaver. I LOVE IT!

I didn't hear that but I love that idea since I think that 4 weeks of immunity is too long for those that went with the unknown. I can see why people went with Bob and Jillian though since they went to the ranch looking forward to working with them. Also the aqua team (the girl I cant remember her name) already had a connection with Bob since she had met him previously. I am excited for this season though since I already feel like the people are more likeable.

tytbody
01-05-2011, 10:23 PM
who is the B&J team? I don't get it. I watched on hulu so I guess some of it was not there.

DisgruntledOne
01-05-2011, 10:29 PM
bob and jillian

GIRLIE GIRL
01-05-2011, 10:30 PM
I agree this season is going to be good. I'm cheering for Arthur all the way. You know he's going to end up being hot!

KTFaith05
01-06-2011, 01:04 AM
After last season, I almost gave up on this show, but decided to watch last night out of habit and curiosity...Now I am glad I did!!! I loved the talk that Bob had with Arthur while they were walking and I can honestly say, it gave me a new perspective as well. In short, Arthur kept talking about all the weight he still had to lose and Bob told him not to look at the big number, but to take each day one at a time. This is such a simple concept, but one that I honestly never applied to myself.
I think this is going to be a good season!!!

tytbody
01-06-2011, 01:08 AM
he's got a heck of a lot of weight to lose. I want to see where they put all that extra body.

TooManyDimples
01-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Am I wrong here? When they were at the challenge Alison said they could pick the new trainers and get four weeks of immunity, or Bob and Jill and get one week of immunity... but they didn't give Bob and Jill's team a week of immunity. Anyone else catch that? My husband and I heard it and were confused when they had a weighin at the end and someone went home.

pink sparkle
01-06-2011, 09:55 AM
I was really disappointed when they sent the mom home (don't remember her name). I think the mom needed to be there more than the daughter. The daughter is young, 27 or 28, so, IMO, she should have a bigger chance of success at home.

peanutt
01-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Am I wrong here? When they were at the challenge Alison said they could pick the new trainers and get four weeks of immunity, or Bob and Jill and get one week of immunity... but they didn't give Bob and Jill's team a week of immunity. Anyone else catch that? My husband and I heard it and were confused when they had a weighin at the end and someone went home.

I thought that it was only one week of immunity for the team that actually won the challenge. If they had picked B&J, they would have been immune the first week, but everyone else was eligible for elimination.

MindiV
01-06-2011, 10:44 AM
I don't like the four weeks of immunity thing at all....I hate when they offer long-term immunity to anyone. Just takes away from everything. I mean, WHY should those people work their butts off for four weeks and have big losses when they can save the losses four weeks and have them when they count?

JennieGrl
01-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Looked like it's going to be a goo season. Though they are dragging the unknown trainers out far too long. Loved the little hints at the weighin of how well the other team is doing.

I would have gone for immunity too. It's not like they wouldn't have hired qualified trainers

I totally agree. I'm sure they interviewed tons of trainers and hired the most qualified. I would have chosen the unkowns. Besides the 4 wk immunity you also have fresh blood. We all know how bob and jillian work....time for a change

I already have a favorite....Courtney from Team Aqua! But of course no question I do wish all the contestants the best of luck in there journey to a better healthier lifestyle

TooManyDimples
01-06-2011, 03:21 PM
That makes sense Peanutt. Thanks!

kittycarlson
01-06-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm afraid Courtney and Arthur won't lose as fast as the others due to their already having lost so much. I hope I'm wrong but if they are like we are weight loss seems to slow the longer your at it.

peanutt
01-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Most places around the internet are reporting that the female trainer is Cara Castronova - http://starcasm.net/archives/79954 Her voice in those videos seems to match up and she's a two-time Golden Glove winner (as is the new BL trainer).

fattymcfatty
01-06-2011, 05:48 PM
I also liked the enthusiasm and perseverance of the young blond girl on the green team. I, too, wished they would have introduced the new trainers and I wonder if we all have to wait for four weeks to find out...

Wild Vulpix
01-07-2011, 12:41 AM
I found it so funny that they kept 'teasing' us with those new trainers. Who really cares? Unless we already know them (and if we did we'd be able to figure out who they were with what little information we were given), it doesn't make a difference to the audience. It was more annoying than alluring.

That said, this season looks so interesting. I usually don't root for any of the males, but this time there are so many of them that I want to see succeed... I still want a female winner, but these guys don't seem too bad. I wonder when they're going to start up with the game playing though :)

I too thought that the choice between immunity and B&J was a no-brainer, haha. I have to wonder if the B&J team are going to get a leg up later on. Perhaps after the 4 weeks, it becomes black and blue. Who knows? It's a very interesting twist though and I'm enjoying this season more than the last one too.

Coondocks
01-07-2011, 10:29 AM
I doubt it would happen - but I think it would be interesting if the new trainers were former players.
Who's going to know what the contestants are going threw better then some one whos been there and kept it up?
Just a thought

tytbody
01-07-2011, 11:29 AM
none of the former contestants have gotten to look as good as these new trainers though. They get down but you have to have 6 packs and be able to know how to be an instructor. I'd trust that person more.

megems
01-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Just watched this last night! I think it is going to be a fabulous season! Can't wait to see how things go!!!

Wild Vulpix
01-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Can you believe one of the contestants lost 41 pounds in a week? In a week?? Even if that "week" was 10 days, or if he drank a couple gallons of water before the first weigh-in, or if the majority of those 41 pounds are water weight... 41 pounds IS INCREDIBLE. Unbelievable, even. Imagine waking up a week from now 41 pounds lighter :dizzy: I never heard of such a thing!

Speaking of water loading, I wonder if the unknown team is going to water load just before the merge to guarantee themselves another week of safety from elimination. (I always hated when the immune contestants did that; it always seemed so cheap and unfair.)

tytbody
01-07-2011, 02:15 PM
What does water loading do? Never heard of it? I don't usually watch that show so who water loads?

peanutt
01-07-2011, 02:48 PM
What does water loading do? Never heard of it? I don't usually watch that show so who water loads?

In this case some of the players on the immune group might try to have a higher weight for their final immune weigh in....drinking lots of water so that they weigh in with that extra weight. Then the next time they weigh it'll seem like they had a bigger loss than they actually did, giving them a higher percentage for the week. Hope that makes sense! :dizzy:

trekkiegirl
01-08-2011, 02:24 AM
Interesting group of people.

What a difference 500-plus pounds looks like on someone tall like Michael vs. Arthur.

I'm getting a kick out of Rulon's partner, Justin. At first sight he reminded me of MELISSA MORGAN's husband (I forget his name, but you remember, the hubby of the lawyer Jillian & Bob accused of lying). But Justin comes up with some funny lines:

"I've heard of a 5K and I've thought who would be stupid enough to show up for one of those?"
and my favorite...
"Confidence is one thing. Smarts is another."

Thank goodness this time one of the Tongans is female.

Wonder why they went with a new color shirt (aqua) instead of re-using white. The aqua is prettier, though.

I'm glad they cut out all the "trying out for the show" stuff as well as sending people home before they've even spent a day on the ranch.

I agree about dragging out the "unknown trainers" thing being annoying. It matters to the contestants that they be unknown, not to the viewers, most of whom probably don't know who these people are anyway. I hope they don't keep doing it this way for the whole 4 weeks.

Shouldn't cops have to pass regular fitness tests? I mean, I feel for Dan and Don but who are they capable of defending or chasing after?

Something about the purple team (opera singer and partner) puts me off.

tytbody
01-08-2011, 09:33 AM
That is stpid because, if you don't pass the challenges, it really doesn't matter. And they could be filling for nothing.

It sold be about their own body any how to do the best and not take risks

tytbody
01-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Ellie, you sure did scrutinize that show. Wow..I Just watched.

gloo
01-08-2011, 02:36 PM
I keep saying I'm not going to watch another season of this show, but I'm a sucker for before and afters. That said, I agree that the cast is way more likable than last season, and the unknown trainer thing should be resolved soon because I can see it getting annoying after a week or two.

But knowing what I know about the show, I really take it for what it is and realize there's a ton of editing and producer manipulation. While I may connect to the personal stories of these folks (Abbey from a couple seasons ago may have been my favorite contestant ever) and find them inspiring, I still have some huge questions about the safety of what they put these folks through. Taking people who are upwards of 400 lbs and have been largely sedentary and working them as intensely as they do from the jump just screams injury to me, and from what I've heard many times these contestants are encouraged to work through serious physical problems. Not cool.

While the huge weekly weight losses are great for ratings and very motivational, I still see a lack of accountability on the part of NBC in stressing that this is not real life and people don't generally lose so quickly at home. It may not be as exciting, but I'd like to see them back off on "hey! lose double digits every week" and focus way more on non-product placed healthy eating and real life levels of exercise.

maryshady
01-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Loved the show this week. So much better than last season already. I was one who was thinking of not watching again but then I couldn't resist. Most seem really likable. The trainer thing annoyed me too. Who would know who these people are anyway? Did any of you ever hear of Bob or Jillian before Biggest Loser? kwim?

Can't wait for Tues.!

tytbody
01-09-2011, 04:58 PM
not at all Mary. Not at all. So the new ones will do just fine also.. If not, Jillian will just have to make more appearances.

I think Bob is cool.

VioletSwerve
01-10-2011, 08:58 AM
I was very surprised that new trainers are being introduced this season, as well as some of the contestants trainer choices. May they all be successful!

Did you see the pound for pound challenge commercial? I've pledged 20 pounds. For every pound you pledge & lose during the challenge (thru the end of May), they'll match a pound of food for the local food bank of your choice, in the US.

I pledged 50! I wish I could have pledged more, but the max was 50. ;)

EveLHaelf
01-11-2011, 04:14 PM
It looks like it's going to be much better than last season. And for the record... I definitely would have taken immunity if I had the choice. I don't know why people think Bob and Jillian are miracle workers, they're just lucky enough to have been cast for the show, there are plenty of other trainers out there who know what they're doing. I can't believe the people who passed up the opportunity for 4 weeks of immunity (even Bob and Jillian thought they were stupid for doing so!lol). And I think it was kind of lame that they still didn't show the new trainers.

^^THIS!

IMO last season SUCKED majorly! This season is already turning out to be 100 times better. The contestants seem much more competitive and I love how they didn't send a bunch of them home like they have for past seasons. Haven't picked a favorite person yet. In all honesty, the only season I did pick a favorite person was the season with TARA. I loved her, I've never been so into a season as I have that one. Just something about the competitiveness and the passion made it irresistible to me. I hope this season will do that!

Looking forward to tonight's show. :D

NBaxter2512
01-12-2011, 12:16 PM
I think I read somewhere it leaked the male trainer is Brett Hoebel and the female trainer is Cara Castronova.
It was on last night but I didn't catch it. I DVR'd it and will watch this afternoon! Did they announce the new trainers yet? Did we get a sneak peak at the other contestants?

CourtneyDaisey
01-12-2011, 01:00 PM
I just watched both episodes. WOW! This season has definitely taken TBL back to its roots and is about losing the weight. I like the lack of the mental games so far this season.

I am extremely fond of Courtney from the Aqua Team (and she has a cool name too! ;) ), Jennifer from the Green Team, and Deni from the Pink Team. Those are my three favorites right now. Of course, that can change from week to week but I really like those three so far!

cherrypie
01-12-2011, 01:27 PM
just watched the last chance workout and the weighin. Something went wrong on my pvr.

I'm really liking Arthur. Love his attitude last night at the weigh in. And I was glad to see him walking instead of the gym.

oh and I loved when Bob got all pissy with Allison :lol:

TooManyDimples
01-12-2011, 01:58 PM
oh and I loved when Bob got all pissy with Allison :lol:

My husband got a kick out of that too. I told him she's probably just saying what they tell her to though. Oh well, it was kind of funny.

The show is already so much better then it was last season. The previews for next week make it look like they are going to finally show the new trainers. It's really dumb at this point, anyone who really wants to know who they are just has to google it.

Anyone else notice how when they show the red team getting interviewed at all the husband is the only one who says anything. The wife just sits there. I haven't heard a single word out of her mouth yet. My husband said she'll probably start talking as soon as she figures out how to pronounce her own name. :lol: It's something crazy like Larilamy.

tytbody
01-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Arthur is doing great. I just wonder where all that fat will go? Will we see it melt down or will it still be there. He is doing great. Nice of Bob to let him walk at his own pace. No one to disturb his goal

seagirl
01-12-2011, 02:24 PM
I love this season! It took about 10 episodes for me to care about anyone last season.

I like the Aqua team and the purple team (the 2 sisters with long hair.)

Everyone seems so on track with getting healthy (so many started losing weight before the show) and not just winning the game.

Way better!

Violin Jenn
01-12-2011, 03:19 PM
I am sooo glad that this season is going back to Biggest Losers roots. No one person has jumped as being my favorite just yet. As much as I love Bob and Jillian, I am cheering for team unknowns!

The sneak peak at next weeks episode looks good! I'm looking forward to the reveal of the new trainers and maybe learning more about them and how they're training the contestants. The part where we see Jillian walking out of the weigh in. Creative editing, maybe, but I wonder if someone throws the weigh in. That's the only thing that I know really pushes Bob and Jillians buttons like that.

neonwildflower
01-12-2011, 04:10 PM
I've never watched the Biggest Lose before this season... my roommate was watching it last week and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I'm definitely hooked. And the blue team just fires me up with everything they do... Arthur just walking the mile over and over and over was really inspirational. What a good reminder to just keep at it, no matter what, and do what you can do. And his positive attitude and victory dance was amazing! I was grinning through tears. I'm totally hooked.

seagirl
01-12-2011, 04:15 PM
I loved when he was just walking and walking. It shows that you can lose weight with steady walking, not just crazy boxing.

Slim CB
01-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Anyone else notice how when they show the red team getting interviewed at all the husband is the only one who says anything. The wife just sits there. I haven't heard a single word out of her mouth yet. My husband said she'll probably start talking as soon as she figures out how to pronounce her own name. :lol: It's something crazy like Larilamy.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that...she looks like such a meek little lamb...just listening and nodding to whatever hubby says.

cherrypie
01-12-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm going to have to watch for that.

MindiV
01-13-2011, 07:48 AM
LOVE me some Arthur!

And I'm already tired of the Rulon Gold Medal photo being shown. Hope they don't do that every episode.

mandagrl1
01-13-2011, 10:35 AM
I thought I posted on this, but didn't find it! Strange! I enjoyed it Tuesday but there were a couple of things that rubbed me wrong-1. The unknowns sending donuts as a temptation. I actually normally LIKE the temptation challenges, but only because they're given by the SHOW, not the contestants. This show is about learning to be healthy and encourages the teams to support one another and keep them going. You don't support a team by sending them donuts two weeks in (typically the hardest week to lose on the show). Pitting obese against obese, especially by antagonizing with the very food that landed them ALL where they are now just doesn't seem right or to fit with the theme of the show to me.

I also didn't love when Dr. H told Dan what EXACT day that he would die. There was no disclosure of it being approximate, he said that was the day he would go. That's playing God to me. Yes, it's impactful, but it's also really unrealistic. Also, as someone who struggles with motivation and my ability to resist the "bad stuff", if I'm at home seeing that and I keep the same pre-ranch lifestyle that Dan did, I might think "well-that's 9 years from now! I'll take care of this weight before then!". Just didn't care for that.

Otherwise though-it was great. I was SO impressed with Arthurs walking! I get all huffy by 2 miles at 3.5 on the treadmill indoors, so for a man of his size to happily walk 5 miles is absolutely inspiring!

Also impressed with the daughter on the aqua team. She has some serious focus and determination! She doesn't cry or act up-she just does what Bob tells her to do because she knows it works! Love that!

I'm ready to "see" the trainers, but even more, I'm ready to see more of that group period. If they have so much success over there, I want to see what they do differently.

peanutt
01-13-2011, 10:49 AM
As for the donuts - I don't believe for a minute that the players "sent" them. That screams production setup to me.

I too loved watching Arthur in this week's episode. His spirit and enthusiasm are so infectious....he's probably a riot to have around and seems to keep everyone motivated. Courtney seems like she's a great motivating force for the team too. I'd love to have people like these guys to workout with!

I couldn't believe how poorly the ranch team did in that challenge though. I thought they'd do a little better than that because they seem to be a really tight group, but they were working like they'd never met each other before. There are so many people on that team who are so driven, yet they just seemed to shut that off for the challenge.

I'm very glad that we saw more of the unknown group...got to see some of their stories and workouts. Looking forward to more of that!

CourtneyDaisey
01-13-2011, 09:23 PM
I thought I was the only one who noticed that...she looks like such a meek little lamb...just listening and nodding to whatever hubby says.

I thought that as well! I am looking forward to her coming out of her shell and expressing her individuality. Then we'll get to see the real person and not the one who lets her man do all the talking. :)

tytbody
01-13-2011, 09:30 PM
that is kinda weired isn't it? maybe she doesn't speak English.

ringmaster
01-14-2011, 02:24 AM
ok, I thought it was a little odd they made it look like Aurthur was going to eat the donuts after they were stepped on and after even a couple fell on the ground by the garbage. That had to be just for show... it seemed a bit disrespectful, like saying a fat person would eat anything.

Can't wait to see more of the unknown teams... see more how they are doing their challenges, how they are training and eating.

shadetree20
01-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Ah! I finally got to watch the first two shows last night - this season looks great! I totally agree about Courtney - she seems awesome - but Arthur rubs me the wrong way sometimes. I'm really curious about the other trainers - they seem to be super competitive about making their team better. I hope it doesn't result in injuries!

tytbody
01-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Do these shows always have sob stories about ho they are trying so hard.Z. I just watched my DVD last night and everyone is crying . I'm so sorry dad, I'm so sorry I did this.

No, I did not get that they would think Arthur was so fat he'd eat stepped on donuts. I hope not .

The unknowns are kicking but though.

peanutt
01-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Cheryl, I think that this season they're trying to get back to some of the personal stories and compelling people. In the last couple of seasons there have been some serious game players who aren't as likeable to the audience. I feel like they're really focusing more on the personal stories so far than in the previous seasons.

abluvion
01-14-2011, 02:13 PM
ok, I thought it was a little odd they made it look like Aurthur was going to eat the donuts after they were stepped on and after even a couple fell on the ground by the garbage. That had to be just for show... it seemed a bit disrespectful, like saying a fat person would eat anything.

It hit home for me. In the worst moments of my binge eating, I would consider taking food out of the trash. Like if I bought a cake and ate til I was sick, then tossed the rest in frustration.... as soon as I wasn't physically ill anymore, my brain would tell me that "there's perfectly good cake in there." I had to destroy food entirely before my brain would see it as off-limits.

It was actually kind of shocking to see that portrayed on TV - in a good way - it was a jolt to my system saying "hey, others really do struggle with this and can overcome it." I think it was probably ridiculous to anyone who has not struggled in this way, and it may make them think that fat people are fat because they eat food out of the garbage........ but it did not come off that way to me. I knew exactly what he was struggling with in that moment.

seagirl
01-14-2011, 02:25 PM
It hit home for me. In the worst moments of my binge eating, I would consider taking food out of the trash. Like if I bought a cake and ate til I was sick, then tossed the rest in frustration.... as soon as I wasn't physically ill anymore, my brain would tell me that "there's perfectly good cake in there." I had to destroy food entirely before my brain would see it as off-limits.

It was actually kind of shocking to see that portrayed on TV - in a good way - it was a jolt to my system saying "hey, others really do struggle with this and can overcome it." I think it was probably ridiculous to anyone who has not struggled in this way, and it may make them think that fat people are fat because they eat food out of the garbage........ but it did not come off that way to me. I knew exactly what he was struggling with in that moment.

Yeah, I didn't see it as added for shock value, I saw it as something he struggles with, like a lot of people.

I don't weigh 500 pounds, but I used to binge and have certainly had that urge after destroying food.

fattymcfatty
01-14-2011, 03:36 PM
OK, I'm probably going to get many disagreeing folk on this one.
I don't like Arthur. I think he is lazy, pathetic, and will definitely gain the weight back. Also, I read on his bio he is a day care provider. Really? Who would have him babysit their child?

And I understand the struggle, I'm not trying to be mean spirited, but I just don't think someone 500+ pounds can do an adequate job watching small toddlers. I'd be afraid if something happened he couldn't get there quick enough, or that he would have some sort of health episode in front of the children.

Am I being too harsh????
My DH has the same opinion.

seagirl
01-14-2011, 03:49 PM
I don't like Arthur. I think he is lazy, pathetic, and will definitely gain the weight back. Also, I read on his bio he is a day care provider. Really? Who would have him babysit their child?

And I understand the struggle, I'm not trying to be mean spirited, but I just don't think someone 500+ pounds can do an adequate job watching small toddlers. I'd be afraid if something happened he couldn't get there quick enough, or that he would have some sort of health episode in front of the children.

Am I being too harsh????

Not too harsh. Maybe his wife own it and he does the books?

I am baffled by the cops. I thought they had weight and fitness requirements to meet. How in the heck can they protect people?

tytbody
01-14-2011, 03:59 PM
Probably cause its a small town and not a lot of violence. Like Andy of Mayberry or something.

I didn't know some people struggle with that temptation. I guess what I've heard done was put salt on it so it doesnt taste good, even do that at the restaurant. What you don't eat, salt it all done. Never mind the taking it home .

I don't fell Arthur is pathetic. Just very obese with depression. We hve a nurse at the hospital, very obese, but she does a grwT job. And she is on the cardiac floor. Sayin, you may want to move quicker in that situation but she's a good nurse. aurthur may be a good child
D care provider because he is right there.

shadetree20
01-14-2011, 04:20 PM
I agree with fattymcfatty and seagirl. Arthur's enthusiasm quickly seemed like bravado to me, especially after the scene at the first weigh-in where he wouldn't get up and Bob got really frustrated with him.

However, I think the twin cops mentioned something about working in different departments. It made me wonder if they're cops in the sense that they work for the police department but they actually have desk jobs. Of course, (and this is fiction, duh) but the fat guy on Mike & Molly was a street cop. Who knows?

DisgruntledOne
01-14-2011, 04:26 PM
However, I think the twin cops mentioned something about working in different departments. It made me wonder if they're cops in the sense that they work for the police department but they actually have desk jobs.

The web site says Dan is a police captian and don is a lieutenant. Don't know much about police depts but I am sure captians are not out on the streets much.

tytbody
01-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Just realized what I struggle with. Being home, knowing there is good food here and I can't go back and eat any of it.

I weighed the potato chips, just put celery and 2 tbs maynnaise and had a sandwich. But... There is more left over and I want that. I cant destroy it. It's good food.

So how the heck did I say mess itup. I. Cant mess p food I just went and paid for.

Am I full? I'm comfortable

tytbody
01-14-2011, 04:29 PM
The web site says Dan is a police captian and don is a lieutenant. Don't know much about police depts but I am sure captians are not out on the streets much.

Nope the don't have to. They got brass.. Anyone with brass doesn't do much work. The push papers more then do active patrolling.

My husband is a Sargent and he doesn't walk near as much as he used to. And it does show.!!!!!!!!!!

jackie58
01-14-2011, 08:07 PM
I really am enjoying this season of Biggest Loser. Last season was hard to watch with all the game playing, but this season is making me excited to see what will happen next.

canadianwoman
01-15-2011, 04:19 AM

Am I being too harsh????

You are not being too harsh. I weigh over 350 pounds myself and I have a 3 year old grandson. Once when he was here he got sick (vomiting) and I could not get too him as fast as I would have liked to because of my weight. I was just lucky my 20 year old son was here too at the time.

Grandson is fine now btw and the only serious consequences were the cleaning of a new carpet.

Edited to add: I also LOVE children and would love to look after some in my own home but because of my excess weight I do not. The safety of the children comes first and my weight could prevent that. I would feel so bad if a child in my care was hurt and my size prevented me from getting to that child fast enough whatever the problem.

CourtneyDaisey
01-15-2011, 03:24 PM

I also am not a big fan of Arthur yet. I am glad to see that he's finding exercises at his size that he is able to do to help him lose weight but I am not a fan of his personality yet. I really do hope that he's able to lose the weight and get back down to a healthy size for him, but I also have doubts that he is in the right mindset to keep himself there. Perhaps as the show goes on and he continues to learn that he will get in the right mindset for it though.

shadetree20
01-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the info, DisgruntledOne. That makes sense. I mean, I assume they would have said something if their weight was affecting their ability to do or keep their jobs...like, it would have come up as a reason they wanted to lose the weight. Instead, they've only talked about family.

By the way, I rewatched the episodes (extended break from school) and I realized why I didn't like Arthur as much - his mood flip-flops so much! As in, one scene he's complaining in the weight room and giving lots of back talk, and the next he's bragging in front of the scale. One minute he's ripping the "unknown" team, and the next he's thinking about eating a smashed donut they sent over.

It could just be editing on the part of the producers, trying to shape him into a more divisive, interesting character, but the way he's presented, I have trouble taking what he says seriously. He seems to lack the gravity that most of the other contestants have about their situation. He's more flippant. What do you guys think?

PlumBlossom
01-16-2011, 01:16 PM
I don't know what I think of Arthur yet. So far, no one is really emerging for me as a favorite or as the villain. It will happen, I am sure, but just hasn't happened yet. It's a bummer we are not getting to know the unknowns very much, though.

I am liking this season so much but I have to wonder if we are getting setup for some big game playing later. I mean, what happens when the unknowns come back to campus and the whole group start competing together? It's going to be worse then the blue vs black kind of game play because they won't know each other at all. Oh the suspense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

maryshady
01-16-2011, 06:57 PM
You are not being too harsh. I weigh over 350 pounds myself and I have a 3 year old grandson. Once when he was here he got sick (vomiting) and I could not get too him as fast as I would have liked to because of my weight. I was just lucky my 20 year old son was here too at the time.

Grandson is fine now btw and the only serious consequences were the cleaning of a new carpet.

Edited to add: I also LOVE children and would love to look after some in my own home but because of my excess weight I do not. The safety of the children comes first and my weight could prevent that. I would feel so bad if a child in my care was hurt and my size prevented me from getting to that child fast enough whatever the problem.

I don't think anyone should judge someone on their weight or think that they can't do things others can because of it. My mother weighed 364 for as long as I can remember and she did everything. When my son was born she was in her mid 40's and watched him all the time. When my two dd's where born she was in her 50's and did likewise. I wish she would have lost the weight as it was much of the cause of her death at age 64 but there was nothing that woman couldn't do!

tytbody
01-16-2011, 07:29 PM
It does seem like they play up the Bob Jillian team more then the unknowns. What a name. Is it going to like this all season? Unknown?

Rated
01-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Anyone watching tonight? I am so glad the unknowns thing is over with and we are seeing more of the other team. Anyone else find the egg throwing thing really disrespecful though? I was not impressed with that at all.

tytbody
01-18-2011, 09:45 PM
ag .. I'm late. Will turn on now.

wesley587
01-18-2011, 09:52 PM
I didn't like the egg throwing thing either. Rude.

CourtneyDaisey
01-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Okay, the show just ended. O.M.G!!!!!! :eek:

I cannot believe the black team each gained!!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!? I wasn't surprised at who went home (name withheld in case someone's reading who hasn't watched it yet). I kind of expected that after what they said earlier in the show.

And yes, it was confirmed on this one that Brett and Cara are the two mystery trainers. I know this is a little off topic, but Cara has gorgeous hair! I wish my hair had waves like that! So pretty!

I am so pleased with Q's focus this week and his 19 pound loss! How awesome! He definitely got his head in the game after the meeting with the doctor. I was still annoyed that his wife still didn't say a word. I am wanting to hear her side of things and what she feels about things, not just his point of view. She's so timid and quiet. I hope once we start seeing more of the Brett and Cara team that she will come out of her shell. I was also shocked to hear what Sarah (from the pink team) had as a body fat percentage. She doesn't look like she has that much body fat at all! I guess her injury really did mess up her muscles pretty bad.

Isn't it funny how the purple team has had the exact same weight lost for each player all three weeks in a row? Wild!

What did you all think of that challenge? I wasn't sure what the Brett and Cara team were thinking by just picking someone and letting them win. Isn't this a competition too? I am not sure I could have done that, but who knows. Still, I was so proud of Marci for winning that one! And Courtney...in spite of her smaller loss this week she still is pleased that the scale is moving and definitely has her head on straight! She is so inspiring!!!! What an awesome person she is! I cannot wait to see her transformation at the end of this season! She's so amazing already! I can just imagine what the weight loss will do for her already fabulous personality!

shadetree20
01-18-2011, 10:23 PM
This was a great episode! I agree with CourtneyDaisy - Cara's hair so amazing.

But really, c'mon: who thinks the losing team threw it? And how? Water loading like crazy?

And poor Arthur! I wish they would have discussed the reasons for his not being in the gym this week. I think it would have helped humanize the whole process a lot more. Because, in weight loss, there are weeks you get sick and you can't do your regular routines for really good reasons!

Anyway, can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts!

BoopRN
01-18-2011, 10:33 PM
I agree it was a good episode. Finally the "unknowns" are revealed! I don't know if I like Brett and Cara yet. They have not focused too much on them, so I'm still on the fence.

I thought that Jillian was so rude to the Black team, with good reason ! But i cant help think they did sabotage themselves somehow.

tytbody
01-18-2011, 10:50 PM
Te black team didn't seem like they were all there.. They sweated a little but even in the beginning, on the 5 k they were poor. Horrible shape.

You know what got me thinking, some exercises are better or give different results for each body.

If I lift you lift, it seems someone is going to burn more and we lift the same amount. Why, if they are alluding the same exercise, why are there so much different weight loss?

I think the pink team is not going to make it, at least not be a biggest loser.

I DVR'd it so still watching.

And that girls body fat????????shocking.

Rated
01-18-2011, 11:01 PM
I thought the exact same thing about Cara's hair.

Since we saw the black team working out and other teams said they worked hard in the gym they probably water loaded because for both of them to gain 9 pounds that just doesn't happen on the ranch. I mean one of them could have had a bad week but for both of them to gain that much weight I don't care what they say that was planned for sure.

tytbody
01-18-2011, 11:02 PM
And that lady that doesn't talk, she will once she gets voted off for not working . And he husband with a fifty something year old body is sad.

shadetree20
01-18-2011, 11:50 PM
I know Q's wife (the red team lady) hasn't talked during a confessional yet, but I'm pretty sure she yelled a couple times during the workouts they've shown. Not much, but enough to show that she's capable of being vocal : )

I imagine that she just doesn't have a made-for-TV background story that fits perfectly in the little 1 min. emotional clips they like to play. I'd still like to hear more from her!

fattymcfatty
01-19-2011, 01:35 AM
I can't believe the black team. Don't people prepare to be away from family when they sign up? I don't get it. Seeing the dynamics between Arthur and his dad is shedding some light on how Arthur got to over 500 lbs. Bob was super-pissy tonight, but for good reason.

cherrypie
01-19-2011, 10:27 AM
How could the black teams weight just be water? They must have lost a couple pounds this week. Other people said they worked hard. So they drank 11 pounds of water? how is that even possible.

I was kinda disapointed that only one member of each team was covered by the doctor.

LTs girl
01-19-2011, 11:30 AM
I can't believe the black team. Don't people prepare to be away from family when they sign up?

I agree 100%. Nothing pisses me off more than to hear people complain about being away from their family. I take it personally because my husband is military and he has been gone since June and doesn't come back till March. It is like suck it up. You can't be away from your family for 3 months?

BTW Cara's hair is amazing!!

(pink team)
You know you are in trouble when the trainer says he didn't even know you could be that percentage of body fat.

The only thing I can say about Arthur is to remember that the producers edit it to show you what they want you to see. I can't wait to see what #'s he pulls next week now that he can get back in the gym.

eclipse
01-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Was anyone else really annoyed with the Olympic team's attitude toward the people they didn't think wanted it hard enough? They just came off a-holes.

MamaP
01-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Was anyone else really annoyed with the Olympic team's attitude toward the people they didn't think wanted it hard enough? They just came off a-holes.

I think it's more Rulon's partner than Rulon. He comes off very arrogant and I think he has a bit of a "my friend is an Olympian" attitude. I looked at his profile and it says he is a gym owner, city worker and bounty hunter. I think he's pretty full of himself.

cherrypie
01-19-2011, 12:36 PM
bounty hunter? :lol:

Tomato
01-19-2011, 01:00 PM
I somehow missed the part about Q - I don't even recall who that is.

I was shocked to hear that that pink girl's fat percentage is 58%. O-M-G!!!
And she doesn't even seem to be that big. Wow. God luck to her - it will be hard for her with so little LBM.

I am not impressed with Arthur. I think he is not giving it his all. On the other hand, I understand he did not participate in the gym every day although the reason was not disclosed. I thought maybe he was swimming instead, but that would not burn the same amount of calories as gym workouts.

My jaw just dropped at the black team's weight results. Yeap, they must have worked on it really hard. I was thinking, what idiots, it would have been enough to lose 0 pounds (you can pretty much count on everybody else losing at least a small amount, although there were a few occasions when somebody gained a pound) - but to GAIN NINE POUNDS???
I am sure a lot of it was an "artificial" gain - lots of water just before the weigh-in (after all, we don't know how supervised they are before the weigh in, how much privacy they have, etc.) and probably lots of salt in the days prior to the weigh-in (to retain water).

I was annoyed by Dan's (at least I think the dude who went home was Dan) constaint whining about his late son and about missing his 9 yr old daughter. It's not like he is the only one who had to leave the spouse and/or kids in order to be on the ranch. I am sure it is very hard having to bury your own child, but come on - 6 years is more than enough to get a grip on oneself and accept the reality.

Irene is very pretty and I think once Courtney loses another 100 lbs she will be quite attractive, too.

shoeluver67
01-19-2011, 01:03 PM
i didn't really see the yellow team that way...i mean sure, they were a little harsh on Q and the kid from the Brown team, but they were RIGHT, and look what they DID, they motivated BOTH of them and they both dropped huge numbers. i thought that even though they were holding them accountable, they were also very supportive and i think that is what people need sometimes.

tytbody
01-19-2011, 01:46 PM
I was annoyed by Dan's (at least I think the dude who went home was Dan) constaint whining about his late son and about missing his 9 yr old daughter. It's not like he is the only one who had to leave the spouse and/or kids in order to be on the ranch. I am sure it is very hard having to bury your own child, but come on - 6 years is more than enough to get a grip on oneself and accept the reality.

Irene is very pretty and I think once Courtney loses another 100 lbs she will be quite attractive, too.

what a woose. He needed to go home. I can't believe also they could both gain the same amount. Then they should weigh the same amount if they are so connected.

seagirl
01-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Jillian sounded horrible. The poor thing was probably barely recovered from the flu.

shadetree20
01-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Seagirl, I noticed that too! Very hoarse-sounding.

I don't know what I think about the yellow team. They do seem to be genuinely committed to the "unknown" team doing well - for example, when they threw the challenge so the woman who needed the extra two pounds had a chance to compete for it. I guess I was wondering why the trainers didn't have that talk with Q and the kid from the brown team.

This is my first season watching the Biggest Loser, although I've seen a few shows here and there, and while I love it, I feel like there are so many characters its hard to get to know more than a few of them! Anybody else feel that way?

tytbody
01-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Yup, I'm not focusing on anyone team in particular. I couldnt tell you the names on the aqua team if you aske or the purple. It's just not something I need to know .lol

mmel3283
01-19-2011, 04:46 PM
There's so many people on there now, it's hard to really get "attached" to anyone.

With that said...the one that really stands out to me...and I really like is Courtney. I think she's fabulous and very pretty.

Violin Jenn
01-19-2011, 08:06 PM
The contestants....

The Black Team-I was stunned at the 9lb gain! How stupid were they to throw away such an opprotunity! ALL the contestants miss their families!

The Blue Team-Arthur needs help, he also needs to get it together and really take advantage of this opprotunity.

The pink girls fat %age was just shocking! She has such a long road ahead of her, I hope she can turn it to motivation.

Courtney is my fave of team B&J.

Rulon is my fave, so far, of team unknown.

The trainers...

So lately, the last few season's Bob and Jillian have been getting on my nerves. It's as if they have a chip on their shoulders. Bob's been pissy, Jillian has been a walking brand.

I welcome the new trainers. Brett is very easy on the eyes and I look forward to getting to know him better.

tytbody
01-19-2011, 08:11 PM
I hope they do more then just boxing for the contestants. They both have the martial arts background but they may need more then to beat the crap out of punching bags. i have to go see who is Courtney because not one of them struck me as pretty.

ringmaster
01-19-2011, 09:05 PM

I didn't notice at first, but did last episode since you mentioned it. I don't think she even talked when they were talking to the doctor. hhmmm.. maybe she really doesn't know English.

With the black team... I wonder if they threw the weigh in so Arthur could stay. Sure they had to know before going on the show they'd be away from family, but they probably didn't know someone that is almost 500 pounds would be there. Dan did seem to be doing good at home, hopefully he can keep the weight off and not give up as easily as he did on the ranch.

MindiV
01-20-2011, 09:00 AM
IMO, the black team 100 percent threw the weigh in and deliberately gained a ton of weight. I think it was planned to be sure Dan went home and Arthur had a big enough loss next week, shedding the water weight and anything else put on, to assure he would be able to stay.

I just hate it when contestants do that. Like they said on the show...thousands of people would have done anything to be in his position and he just threw it away. I thought Bob and Jillian were easy on them after such a blatant slap in the face. I mean...a 0 loss or a tiny gain can maybe be argued. But 9 pounds EACH? That's flipping off the system, no doubt about it.

The egg throwing thing? Rude and uncalled for. Whatever they decided regarding giving the contest to one team member was fine...but they didn't have to pelt the other side with eggs and take a chance on ruining THEIR contest, which they all wanted to participate in.

Yellow...don't like. They're just as big or bigger than everyone else there, and were just as incapable of doing what they're doing at the ranch on their own. Who are they to judge how anyone else is progressing? Maybe they're trying to motivate, but it's coming off as a judgment more than a motivation.

Tomato
01-20-2011, 11:11 AM
I welcome the new trainers. Brett is very easy on the eyes and I look forward to getting to know him better.

Jenn,
Exactly how much better do you plan on getting to know Brett?!? :D:D:D

Mercy03
01-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Jenn,

LMAO Ms. Tomato!:D

eclipse
01-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Yellow...don't like. They're just as big or bigger than everyone else there, and were just as incapable of doing what they're doing at the ranch on their own. Who are they to judge how anyone else is progressing? Maybe they're trying to motivate, but it's coming off as a judgment more than a motivation.

That's how I felt about them - especially the friend of the Olympian. They're in the same position as everyone else, and him acting like such an authority would probably really piss me off if I was one of the people he was "calling out." I also bet that the first week he doesn't lose as big as he expects, he'll be all full of excuses about why it didn't happen.

Violin Jenn
01-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Jenn,

Lol...unfortunately not as much as i'd like.;)

CourtneyDaisey
01-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Lol...unfortunately not as much as i'd like.;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DisgruntledOne
01-20-2011, 01:29 PM
So I just watched it. I for one am glad Arthur didn't do to well. He was getting sooo cocky I think he needed a reality check. Its nic eto have confidence but when it interfers with reality not so good.
Dan and Don. WHAT!?!?!?!?! It made it sound like these two have never done anything apart from each other. If that is the case then wow. Maybe this will help them develop some much needed individuality!
Red team woman hmmmmmm she grew up in south something I am thinking south carolina and went to college so I can only assume she knows enough English to say something.............

abluvion
01-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Ugh... yellow team. The egg throwing thing was really stupid and not at all in the spirit of the show!! I'm disappointed that the whole unknown team got on board with that stupid plan. They could have just dropped the damn eggs.

And to echo what someone above me said - the yellow team is fat too, so where do they get off trying to be an authority on what's needed to lose weight?? UGH. I just find it hard to watch, I am not looking forward to week 5 when the teams come together and we have to see more of those guys.

For Arthur - I was pretty pissed at Bob when he was like, we can't celebrate 4 lb. Yes we can! We should celebrate 4 lb! WOOO 4 LB! Yes, it's not enough in the context of the game. But the man's on antibiotics, couldn't get to the gym, and has been put on a high-cal diet by the dr. Celebrate the damn 4 lb in the circumstances!!! And of course you know his dad would sacrifice himself in an instant, no one would vote Arthur off this early, just like no one would vote Michael off.

Black team threw the WI. Pathetic. Good riddance, they have never struck me as "in it to win it."

Oh man this show made me grouchy today :p

MindiV
01-20-2011, 03:38 PM
On the new trainers, I wonder if they'll keep both of them after this season and have Bob and the new guys, or if Bob may be leaving too. I know Jillian is going, but is Bob staying? If Bob was going too, I think they'd be integrating the new trainers more than they are. Early in the season still. Don't know what I think about them yet. The woman seems to be trying too hard to be Jillian. Doesn't quite fit her, from what little I've seen of her so far.

DisgruntledOne
01-20-2011, 03:48 PM
as you know we haven't got to know the trainers yet but it seems to me like their team is more of a project to them opposed to really helping them get healthier

MindiV
01-20-2011, 03:55 PM
as you know we haven't got to know the trainers yet but it seems to me like their team is more of a project to them opposed to really helping them get healthier

This explains exactly how I feel about them...just didn't know how to say it!

seagirl
01-20-2011, 04:01 PM

That's a good way of putting it. It seems like they need the team to win so the trainers can prove themselves, not for the sake of the team themselves.

shadetree20
01-21-2011, 11:57 AM

I agree too! Especially the woman - maybe you're right about how she feels the need to become the next Jillian.

tytbody
01-21-2011, 12:11 PM
On the new trainers, I wonder if they'll keep both of them after this season and have Bob and the new guys, or if Bob may be leaving too. I know Jillian is going, but is Bob staying? If Bob was going too, I think they'd be integrating the new trainers more than they are. Early in the season still. Don't know what I think about them yet. The woman seems to be trying too hard to be Jillian. Doesn't quite fit her, from what little I've seen of her so far.

funny how you can tell some people AREN'T the people the are trying to be.I think that new lady should just be herself and not try to be a screamer. Just train people and it wil also work. Motivation. concern. being there. This is not a bootcamp where you come to be screamed at.

I hate screamers!!!!!!! Bob Doesn't scream and he gets the job done. :high:

trekkiegirl
01-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Dan and Don. WHAT!?!?!?!?! It made it sound like these two have never done anything apart from each other. If that is the case then wow. Maybe this will help them develop some much needed individuality!

I've been thinking the same thing about them from the beginning. They're in their 50s. They don't need to have the same haircut, same mustache, same glasses, etc. They also tended to smirk at each other like they're keeping secrets from Mommy & Daddy. I think they planned on throwing the weigh-in from the start of the week. I mean, unless they had weights strapped on, I don't think they could have waterloaded 9 pounds worth in just a day. Of course, now it means Don is going to drop a ton of water next week, unless he self-sabotages again to go home. On the other hand, if he wants to stay, I think he screwed himself over because nobody's going to have his back.

I'm a bit curious to see who gets to pick the black and blue teams when that happens. I saw the preview of the black team members during the first show and it seemed like somebody tried to do some stacking for Bob's team. Then again, I think some of the women are tougher than some of the guys.

MindiV
01-24-2011, 07:49 AM
I'm a bit curious to see who gets to pick the black and blue teams when that happens. I saw the preview of the black team members during the first show and it seemed like somebody tried to do some stacking for Bob's team. Then again, I think some of the women are tougher than some of the guys.

I'm curious about how they're going to do black vs. blue with four trainers....

rainbowsmiles
01-25-2011, 09:15 PM
another good episode....i so heart courtney and hope she wins...she is so inspiring!! :)

TooManyDimples
01-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Last week was just crazy. I don't know who Dan and Don think they are fooling. They didn't have the heart and it was obvious from the start. This weeks episode just ended and the preview for next week seems to show Don with another gain. I hate that people like that got on the show. Good riddance!

tytbody
01-26-2011, 12:05 AM
Imagine having to guess calories? I'd blow at that . To bad for the black team. He's sad. That is a crummy place they had to work hard at. A barn?

cherrypie
01-26-2011, 01:30 AM
to be continued?

MindiV
01-26-2011, 07:42 AM
Darn State of the Union address...

Well, I think the "Unknowns" are going to have a pretty rough time on the Ranch when they get there. I mean...maid service? AND they don't have to make their own meals. They're in for a shock, I think.

And did anyone else catch the daily calorie count at the Unknowns' place? 1,097 calories. Wow.

cherrypie
01-26-2011, 10:07 AM
I think that is only for meals, then they would have a few hundred calories as snacks throughout the day

shadetree20
01-26-2011, 10:16 AM
That seems a pretty big unfair advantage... having your meals properly prepared. It seems like the unknown would have one leg up nutritionally (because I'd assume whoever makes the meals has more nutritional knowledge and know-how than a contestant) and it eliminates the need to really think about your choices, which I find to be a really stressful part of dieting.

On the other hand, I think it will be tough for them coming back to the ranch. It'll be a new stress.

I can't wait to see the weigh-in! Will this be their first weigh-in all together or will that happen next week?

mmel3283
01-26-2011, 10:37 AM
I think that's part of the point. Right now...they have immunity...and their meals made for them...it's no wonder they've been doing so well.

But what's going to happen when they have to make their own meals? THAT is going to be harder for them I think. They may have had immunity and not had to "worry" about it...but when they have to start worrying about what they make and put into their body is when they'll be at risk to go home.

wendychic
01-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Yeah the unknowns will definitely have to relearn everything when it comes to food. That is where Bob and Jillian's team will have the advantage. This makes things interesting. I really liked the green teams attitude when they were picked to go stay on the ranch. After watching the blue team guy eat a piece of chicken I can totally see him slipping when he gets back home. He laid into that chicken leg. He has to get control. Why wouldn't he just not eat and see where the cards fell? Everyone else had the strength to do that. Just makes me wonder...

Violin Jenn
01-26-2011, 12:20 PM
I agree with the others that the unknowns have an advantage having their meals prepared for them. But I wonder what has been going on off camera. Have they had nutritional "classes" that we just don't see? Do they know how many calories they should each be eating? I don't see any trainer not addressing that issue with client's/contestants. Especially these contestants that are SO overweight and unhealthy.

Next weeks weighin I think will go to the unknowns, but after that, it'll be interesting.

debbieOBX
01-26-2011, 01:20 PM
Sooo who do you think was on the scale when the gain showed up for next week?
deb

LTs girl
01-26-2011, 04:35 PM
If I had to guess I would say Don. I bet it next week there will be 2 weigh-ins. One at the beginning of the show when he will lose the 9lbs and then the one at the end with the +6. I don't remember anyone else being that close to the 280's.

As much as I want to say I don't care for the yellow team, I was surprised at how they welcomed the green team with open arms. Maybe they aren't such "bad guys". (to put it nicely) I also was surprised by how they have their meals prepared. I guess they took a chance with the new trainers so they rewarded them? That is going to be a huge wake up call when they are all at the ranch and have to cook their own meals.

I love the purple team. They are so funny together.

So here is my question. What would have happened if no one had taken a bite? Would anyone have gone to the unknown ranch?

Can't wait till next week.
P.S. still nothing from the wife (red team).

Tomato
01-26-2011, 04:44 PM
I agree with Mindi, darn State of the Union address!!! Couldn't Obama pick Monday (when there is nothing on tv to watch anyway) instead of Tuesday? Although I was glad there was at least one hour I would have been totally bummed if the entire TBL was cancelled for this week.

Anybody else thinks it is ridiculous to still refer to Brett and Cara as the "unknowns"? You practically stumble over who they are on the internet, without searching for it at all. For example, today, I clicked here and there and all of sudden I ended up on Beachbody's website which announces that Brett, the new Biggest Loser trainer, just released his new abs workout (appears to have a similar format as P90X - about 10 or so DVD, to be done every day for 90 consecutive days).

I actually thought Arthur did not do that badly by eating that chicken leg (although I was surprised when they said it was only 150 calories - I thought it was deep fried?) I really expected him to cave him and reach for a pizza.
Personally, I thought the "reward" (i.e. having the power to decide who goes to the Unknowns) was really insignificant, but IF it really mattered to him to have the power to decide then he did not do that badly. (but, I admit, it was not very clear to me if he just gave in to the temptation or if he did it for the "reward" - I finished making a curtain for my monster window and I was hanging it when the blue team was subjected to the temptation).

I hope Don goes home soon.
Courtney looks really nice when she doesn't have her mascara applied by a trowel.

ringmaster
01-26-2011, 10:17 PM
yea, the 'unknowns' have a big advantage having their meals ready for them, it also gives them more time to workout. anyone else take a look at their menu? finally a glimpse at what they eat there... what's a green pizza?

it's nice to see more of the 'unknown' trainers and what workouts they are doing. at the end only one of them will be picked? I kinda like Brett (I didn't know he was a chubby kid!) but I'm not sure if 2 male trainers would do good on the show. I could tell right away the female is trying to be another Jillian since they showed her yelling in the previews.

trekkiegirl
01-26-2011, 10:39 PM
The plus 6 pounds has to be Don. Nobody was at 280 Week 3. Don was at 280 Week 2 before the 9-pound gain. Unless he's got some kind of condition we haven't been made privy to (which I doubt, since B & J went off on him), he's being so foolish and lying and being all indignant on top of it. At least Irene should be safe...if their team goes below the line, they're all going to vote him off, not her.

I think next week they are counting Don's weight from 280. So if he's 286 in the preview for next week and Week 3 he was 289, that would mean he lost 3 of the pounds he gained. This guy so doesn't want to be there.

Most people throw the weigh-in as a strategy to stay on the ranch and this guy throws it to leave.

The purple team still puts me off and I think I figured out why. They're overly dramatic when they're interviewed, kind of like how Kristin was in Season 7. One more so than the other, I forget which is which.

tytbody
01-26-2011, 10:44 PM
for sure they are. Always.. very talky like they are perfect.

mmel3283
01-28-2011, 12:03 PM
The purple team kind of bugs me...I'm not going to lie.

I really love the green team and Courtney and her mom.

IDK about anyone on the unknowns yet.

All I know is that Arthur really needs to get more serious. I feel like he takes it with a grain of salt...he needs to buckle down and save his own life.

shoeluver67
01-28-2011, 12:19 PM
you know what...i really like the unknowns...i do. i know they haven't showed them much, and sure editing is a factor, but they are such a close knit unit...and they really welcomed the green team with open arms. right down to where the guy trainer said, "welcome to your new family", when the green team was working out and all the unknowns stood around them clapping and supporting him. i think they are kinda getting a bad rap on the show....the mean unknowns in the bad guy black vans. man, those people are a serious UNIT...i like it!

cherrypie
01-28-2011, 12:56 PM
that woman on the red team still hasn't said a word lol

MamaP
01-28-2011, 01:18 PM

She obviously knows how to talk - http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/video/season-11s-jaquin-and-larialmy/1267413/ - don't understand why they've edited things so that it looks like she doesn't have much to say.

tytbody
01-28-2011, 01:36 PM
you know what you just showed me that i never heard before? until now. ???

The red team man saying *it took me years to get this way*. to me that is how I need to face my weight loss. Not that it's going to take years, but it will take "a few months at least to see the big difference".

ringmaster
01-28-2011, 09:50 PM

I watched the unknown weigh in they have online and I thought for sure she'd say SOMETHING... and she didn't ;( she didn't really express too much emotion, but I did see her smile when her husband lost weight. it's funny how I'm keeping an eye out now just waiting for her to talk.

CourtneyDaisey
01-29-2011, 11:13 AM
She obviously knows how to talk - http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/video/season-11s-jaquin-and-larialmy/1267413/ - don't understand why they've edited things so that it looks like she doesn't have much to say.

Thank you for posting this! It was nice to get to hear her side of things for a bit. I really hope this couple can make this trip to the ranch a success and let them get their weight back under control.

JMfan
01-31-2011, 09:59 PM
This season is way more interesting than the last....

TooManyDimples
02-01-2011, 07:36 PM
I think the teams training with the unknowns are probably getting information on their nutrition and all. Infact I think the main reason they talked about how they have their meals prepared and their beds made was because they're at the Biggest Loser Resort. Advertising of course. I'm just surprised we haven't seen more of it.

DisgruntledOne
02-01-2011, 09:03 PM
woo hoo most exciting part of the night....she talked!!!!!!

Tomato
02-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Ladies,
Please tell me who got voted off the island last night - I was so tired, I had slept very little the night from Monday to Tuesday and I had to get up at 5:30 to go to my spinning class. It was 9:30 pm last night and I realized I had dozed off so I just went to bad.

How stupid of Irene to gain SIX POUNDS to help Don go home. It would have been enough if she didn't lose anything, I am sure she water logged, but still.
SILLY GIRL!

seagirl
02-02-2011, 12:34 PM
You can watch it free on hulu.com/biggestloser today.

Spoiler in white text below, select it with your mouse to read it.
Q went home yesterday. Actually, that's wrong, Larailmy went home.

fattymcfatty
02-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Seagirl, are you sure about your secret message???

LTs girl
02-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Ummm did I see a different show last night? I put my mouse over it and that isn't who went home...lol.

MamaP
02-02-2011, 02:08 PM
You can watch it free on hulu.com/biggestloser today.

Spoiler in white text below, select it with your mouse to read it.

Pretty sure you are mistaken on who went home. It was Lairalmy. Although I think it should have been the one you said.

cherrypie
02-02-2011, 02:14 PM
my pvr malfunctioned last night :( maybe I'll look for a site that will work to watch it in canada

seagirl
02-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Pretty sure you are mistaken on who went home. It was . Although I think it should have been the one you said.

Ha. You are right. I kept thinking it was the other person because they dithered about it for so long! I'll edit.

Chrztina
02-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Is anyone else bothered by the Yellow Team?

I was irritated when they were in Q's face about "quitting" and not being part of the family.

Even though the one guy was an Olympian, he is not a trainer, he is not a mentor. He is a big over-weight guy just like the rest of them. I think that they use the "family" frame of mind to fool the rest of their team into thinking they had their backs. It's a competition and in the end you have to take care of yourself.

If they were really a family the yellow team would have assured that the pink team was the one to receive immunity. Please. Get over yourself.

I want them to break up the ranch vs. unknowns. Next week will only enforce that with the black vs. red.

fattymcfatty
02-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I am annoyed by the yellow team as well.

BlueEyes65
02-02-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm really liking this season so far!

I have not yet decided on any favorites so far.

The yellow team tho really grates on my every last nerve tho, like someone else said he may have been where he was and who he was before(an olympian)...but he's not a trainer so he should- SHUT UP ALREADY!:smug:

It's seems to me like the ranch team have more of a family feel then the *unknowns*. I hope things don't get to bad on the game playing but as time goes on you know it will... Anywho I enjoying this season.:)

debbieOBX
02-02-2011, 07:20 PM
I dislike the yellow team also, they seem like bullies! Hopefully they will have an off week, and the others will 'vote' them off. deb

tytbody
02-02-2011, 08:59 PM
I knew she was going. I tell ya. She just did not seem to have her heart into losing as much as the others. I think she was there more for the husband then herself.

I don't think it will be long before the husband goes also. i don't think they should be unknowns against the ranch. They should all just train because then it seems like a trainer is a better trainer when in reality, they just may have had more weight to lose. The pink team is getting a little stagnant and but it was a surprise in the end that they had that much weight loss.

Do they weigh in always in the same order? Seems the blue team, Arthur and his father were last last time also. I can't remember who was last on the other side. or did they get weighed? I can't keep it all straight sometimes.

Bette k
02-02-2011, 10:55 PM
I too don't care much for the yellow team, but I see a lot of Rulon's attitude is from him being a wrestler. I am the mother of a wrestler, and my brother also wrestled, wrestling is a very intense individual sport, and the wrestlers who make it to the top levels get the attitude like the yellow team. A lot of wrestlers also have weight problems as they get older because they end up learning how to lose weight fast, but nothing about nutricion and maintaining.
Rulon is the second wrestler on TBL, and the other one (Matt Hoover) won his season, do see Rulon going far unless the rest join together to get rid of him.

maryshady
02-03-2011, 08:15 AM
I really like this season too! so much better than last season.

Really can't stand the yellow team. I feel the same way...Shut up already!! Who died and made you boss! Instead of being so worried about what others are doing focus on yourself. I really hated the family reference too. Back stab during the game to win, then feel bad because you won because you were a back stabber. ugh! they get on my nerves.

Really love the Aqua team. Just love the young daughter. She is such a fighter!

peanutt
02-03-2011, 08:47 AM
I feel differently about the yellow team. I don't think you have to be a trainer or a "boss" to be a leader and from what we've been shown, they are strong leaders who have really brought their team together. Don't forget, the yellow team was NOT the only team calling Q out for his lack of work and commitment. I don't think they think they're any better or any different than the others. I'm sure they're working just as hard in the gym as everyone else and wanting a positive change for their entire team. You don't have to be skinny and fit to motivate people to lose weight!

I can't believe how much Lariamy spoke in that episode! I guess they had to edit some of it in before she went home.

Slim CB
02-03-2011, 09:04 AM
I am with the 'can't stand the yellow team' camp. They are rather obnoxious!

But my favorite to win is Courtney....she is so inspirational and she has a fighting spirit. I think she is going to be a hottie too when she slims down...just like Sunshine in Season 9.

On another note...am I the only one who thinks that Arthur is lazy? And not pulling his weight? Come on.....4lbs!!!! On such a large frame! I am sure he can do much better!

LTs girl
02-03-2011, 11:16 AM
I was a fan of Arthur, but I agree with slim CB he is not pulling his weight. I understand the one week when he couldn't hit the gym, but come on already. He should be pulling double digits every week.

The red team *sigh* I have to give them credit. They lost 11 and 13 lbs and were below the yellow line. To me that is crazy. I was thinking that maybe they were holding back since they had immunity. I'm just saying, that if that much money was on the line and I knew I had immunity for 4 weeks, I may not try as hard to lose and "save" the big weight loss for the one that counts.

Not sure how I feel about the yellow team. He is a competitor so that comes out in the challenges. He may not be a trainer, but he was in the gym with trainers for many years. Some of the other contestants have never stepped foot in a gym.

Eliana
02-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Peanutt, I like the yellow team too. ;) I view it like you do. It's kind of like I view myself. I've been a weight loss "expert" for ten years, I just wasn't losing any weight! :rofl: The yellow team definitely knows there stuff when it comes to fitness and I think they're natural leaders, both of them. The others may view them as somewhat on par with Cara and Brett. We don't know. I really liked that they called Q out on his nonsense and made him promise his wife he'd stick it out and do what needed to be done.

kittycarlson
02-03-2011, 11:45 AM
I think all the unknowns were probably water loading on there last weigh in as they all lost double digits which would be unusual at this stage of the game. They could of drank lots of water last week while they still have immunity since this week was the first where they could go home. I wish they would have let us know total weight loss rather than just the weekly weight loss. The unknowns all seemed to be in good shape and were working hard.

ihavethemusicinme
02-03-2011, 01:07 PM
I really really want Courtney to win too! I too hate that they always all like "we're a family" but in the end each one of them will be there for themselves and no one else. There is still a lot of people left, so they haven't even really started playing the game yet...

maryshady
02-03-2011, 06:11 PM
I think all the unknowns were probably water loading on there last weigh in as they all lost double digits which would be unusual at this stage of the game. They could of drank lots of water last week while they still have immunity since this week was the first where they could go home. I wish they would have let us know total weight loss rather than just the weekly weight loss. The unknowns all seemed to be in good shape and were working hard.

I agree & I think that is why they had their( the ranchers & the unknowns) weigh-ins count differently.

seagirl
02-03-2011, 06:22 PM
I wonder if they will start calling them something less annoying than "The Unknowns."

ontarget
02-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Can I hop in here? My husband and I were talking about this week's show and about how surprised we were that there was no question that the red team wanted Q to stay. Looked to us like Q wanted Q to stay so that was that. If we were on BL and one of us had to go, we'd both be trying to fall on the sword for the other. We never saw any such feelings from Q.

The only thing I could think of was that L knew she had her sisters for support at home, and that Q probably didn't have a support system.

However, I am still having problems with Q's doing virtually all the talking to the rest of the group saying he wanted to be the one to stay.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

ringmaster
02-03-2011, 10:44 PM
lol, just when Larialmy started talking she leaves. I also got the feeling she was there more for husband and didn't want to really be there and maybe that's why they didn't show her talking much. If that was the case atleast they didn't make it so obvious like Dan and Don did. It's still bad they threw themselves off so soon when so many other people want to be on the show. They had to have an idea what it would be like on the show if they watched it before.

The 'unknown' teams sure are losing alot of weight compared to Bob and Jillian's side, I wonder what they are doing to be losing so much and if having their meals prepared is making that much of a difference.

lmm2014
02-03-2011, 11:45 PM
1. I don't know if they have all the weeks, but they do show the unknowns weighing in, and at the resort, they were all losing HUGE amounts of weight, a lot of them in the double digits! I wonder if the stress of not competing against each other to stay, and having their own meals prepared helped them? I actually think that a lot of the people from the unknowns team seem very dedicated to weight loss.

2. I think the yellow team is one of my favorites. Yes, they are bossy, but I don't see anyone else stepping up to the plate. With Rulon, I think I see the intensity that got him the gold medal at the Olympics, which is Type A and can throw people off. Being a type A medical student myself, I think I can somewhat relate.

3. It bothers me as well, I think that Q should have been a man and sacrificed himself for his wife, but then again, we don't see the whole picture. I think he needs the ranch more than his wife, she obviously has done well at home. Q has some attitude issues that I think need worked out. It seemed to me like Cara really didn't know how to handle him, she swore at him, and then he exploded back, and they got into a shouting match. I think that someone like Jillian or Bob who are experienced in dealing with attitude would be good for Q - he needs a breakdown workout to get his "burn"....haha

ontarget
02-04-2011, 11:36 AM
I agree Q needs some Bob and Jillian in the face time. Hopefully, he'll get some help with his attitude. I wish him well losing weight.

I also like the yellow team and understand their drive. We haven't seen a lot of interaction between the new trainers and "losers." I'm thinking Cara and Brett are probably good, but maybe they haven't yet earned all their stripes. Bob and Jillian have gotten better season after season at dealing with the mental aspect of losing. This week I even heard Bob say something to the effect that working program meant 3 things--in this order: THINK, EAT, EXERCISE. Maybe someone needed to step up and the yellow team took the challenge.

The losses the folks off the ranch have had are amazing. I'm curious to see if they can continue.

Also, do Cara and Brett normally work at this BL resort? Just wondering.

mmel3283
02-07-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm not surprised the other twin went home. Clearly he wasn't meant to be there. Neither of them were. I thought that was silly on Irene's part though. I wouldn't have gained THAT much. Hopefully it was all water so she'll lose that and then some this week. I like her, I don't want to see her go home.

I'm not sure about the "unknowns" yet...who I really like anway.

I love Courtney...and I really like the green team too, the Dad and Daughter pair.

Can't wait to see this week's episode.

MindiV
02-09-2011, 08:39 AM
So much for family...

Slim CB
02-09-2011, 08:45 AM
So much for family...

I knew they were not into this 'family' thing. At that place it is only the fittest of the fittest who will survive and them voting off Q last night proved it.

I think this was my favorite episode out of all the seasons. I was cheering and clapping like crazy for the black team....especially when that girl lost 16lbs!!!!!

MindiV
02-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Made me mad when that one yellow guy (I forget his name - not the Olympic star) told Q that he basically had lied to his wife. I still say who are they to judge everyone? I find myself hoping one of them has a bad week...

Slim CB
02-09-2011, 09:15 AM
I find myself hoping one of them has a bad week...

Me too ;)

mpappie
02-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Family! This is a contest were there is only one winner!!
They are nuts!

MindiV
02-09-2011, 09:40 AM
I suspect they want to instill a set of "family" values to protect themselves when the time comes. They will have a set of minions out fighting for them and refusing to vote them out, since they are their "leaders."

Torister
02-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Made me mad when that one yellow guy (I forget his name - not the Olympic star) told Q that he basically had lied to his wife. I still say who are they to judge everyone? I find myself hoping one of them has a bad week...

I cannot stand the Yellow team.

HotChildInTheCity
02-09-2011, 09:49 AM
How INCREDIBLY stupid from Arthur to do what he did.... I just lost all of my sympathies for him.... If it was gameplay, he should have exchanged purple girls for Rulon and that other yellow guy... Playing it for himself is too far away, I believe there will be weeks before red and black teams split up...And he just gave a huge opportunity to reds to eliminate blacks, one by one.... incedibly,incredibly stupid......

mmel3283
02-09-2011, 10:01 AM
I missed the 1st hour...My DVR didn't record it...but I kind of gathered what happened.

First of all Arthur is an idiot. Why would you get rid of those two?? They show great numbers. And he should be loosing more than he is...even though 9lbs in a week is impressive...he's a lot of talk and not a lot of action.

I know they all said "family" blah blah blah. But the father of the pair (I cannot remember their names) did NOT deserve to go home. They did the right thing. By sending him home...that would have been a horrible thing to do. While I do agree that Q should have gone home...based on numbers alone...I don't think it's fair to say that he let his wife down.

the only thing that bothers me about that show...is when people are upset about 9 and 10lb losses. That's a lot of weight to loose. You're not going to loose 15lbs a week...or two weeks...especially when you've lost a lot of weight already. The more weight you loose, the more it slows.

It makes me feel silly for being excited about 3lb losses.

cherrypie
02-09-2011, 11:09 AM
those losses last night were amazing. On both teams. And Arthur is an idiot. Can't believe he did that. And then to be so confused about not losing more weight. Maybe it's the 35 chocolates you ate? lol

Tomato
02-09-2011, 11:29 AM
I missed the first hour of the show myself too, as I went to a Zumba class. So I missed the challenge with the chocolates, I only saw the "flashback" where Arthur was stuffing his face with them.
I got really confused last night (I am never too good with names) and once the teams lost their colours, I don't know is who. LOL. (well, except for some exceptions).
I am glad they sent Q home. I could not stand him. And also, I am not impressed with Arthur. I don't think he will make it very far in the whole weight loss effort. He just doesn't have it in him.
I was impressed with the amounts of pounds the women (or most of them) dropped. Friggin' unbelievable!
I honestly don't care for the stupid videos from home. I understand they are important to the participants but it all seems so contrived. They should let them watch the vids in private instead of publicly.

mmel3283
02-09-2011, 11:48 AM
I can't believe that woman missed her own daughter's wedding! I don't think I could have done that. I'm glad she got to see the video though!

tytbody
02-09-2011, 11:51 AM
How INCREDIBLY stupid from Arthur to do what he did.... I just lost all of my sympathies for him.... If it was gameplay, he should have exchanged purple girls for Rulon and that other yellow guy... Playing it for himself is too far away, I believe there will be weeks before red and black teams split up...And he just gave a huge opportunity to reds to eliminate blacks, one by one.... incedibly,incredibly stupid......

you know, I didn't understand what he did was wrong.
why was it wrong for him to trade two people?

tytbody
02-09-2011, 11:54 AM
I honestly don't care for the stupid videos from home. I understand they are important to the participants but it all seems so contrived. They should let them watch the vids in private instead of publicly.

ditto. And what was up with the mother going to the Biggest Loser and missing her daughter's wedding? She could go to camp anytime but darn it her daughter only gets 1 first wedding and she should have been there. I think that was selfish.

Imagine the fights that when on with that wedding planning?? holly begeecues.

Lily In Bloom
02-09-2011, 12:04 PM
you know, I didn't understand what he did was wrong.
why was it wrong for him to trade two people?

I think the part that offended most people is that he picked two weak players from the unknowns, thinking that if his team was the losing team that they could just vote off those two, since they weren't "really" part of the team. Which, imho, is a pretty crappy thing to do for a number of reasons. First, you put "weaker" people on your own team, and then you tell them to their face that you want to vote them off.

Just very bad form, I think. But then, I hate the temptations. If you want to vote people off to make it a show, go ahead, but all this "power to change the game" stuff really annoys me. Just let people do what they do, and let the one that's the most devoted/persistent win.

MindiV
02-09-2011, 12:07 PM
I understand Arthur's thinking in why he did what he did, but I think he should have left things alone. Even switching the yellow team for weaker black team members would have been a slap in the face to someone. I think he was obviously trying to keep himself and his father safe, and just didn't think it through.

tytbody
02-09-2011, 12:15 PM
so when people get traded it has to be the whole team? too bad it's not person for person.

thank you for explaining this. I was so confused. All the tears, all the anger.

kittycarlson
02-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Arthur may not be losing as much as he had already lost a great deal before starting on the biggest loser. It seems those first pounds come off easier than later pounds.

amasimp
02-09-2011, 12:54 PM

Couldn't agree more. They came down on him pretty hard despite the fact he lost 7 pounds. Granted, he was the lowest, but still 7 pounds lighter! Any other week and he'd be celebrated. This week he was called a liar.

I hate Justin (the other yellow guy). They will keep Rulon there for a while for ratings, but I hope Justin gets the boot soon.

fattymcfatty
02-09-2011, 01:00 PM
I definitely see "enabling/coddling" behavior from Jesse in his interactions with Arthur. Not to blame him for Arthur's weight, but I can see an unhealthy dynamic going on there.

LTs girl
02-09-2011, 01:16 PM
I'm glad they voted off Q and not Jay. I don't think they should have called him a liar but it showed that they are keeping people who deserve to be there. So the "game playing" still hasn't started. Thank goodness.

Arthur is an idiot. He is obviously not all in. He was already planning in his head that he would be the lowest weight and was in danger of going home. He shouldn't be thinking like that. How much time and effort do the trainers have to put into him? He is reminding me of Elizabeth from last season. Blah.

I was so happy for the pink team. Way to shove it in Arthur's face!

Wonder how the new trainers liked having their a** kicked? lol.

tytbody
02-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Arthur may not be losing as much as he had already lost a great deal before starting on the biggest loser. It seems those first pounds come off easier than later pounds.

as with us all, right?
we can go a week and all blazes falls off. A month into it and then creep, creep ,creep.

Slim CB
02-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Wonder how the new trainers liked having their a** kicked? lol.

I'm with you there :D. But seriously, these can't be the new trainers who will be taking over from Bob & Jillian! They focus too much on cardio, their program does not seem to be well rounded to me......

MindiV
02-09-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm with you there :D. But seriously, these can't be the new trainers who will be taking over from Bob & Jillian! They focus too much on cardio, their program does not seem to be well rounded to me......

I noticed the same thing...they do a lot of screaming and a lot of punching, and not much else. I thought it was telling how the women who switched over to the black team said Bob and Jillian's workout was the hardest they'd had yet.

ontarget
02-09-2011, 02:34 PM
I also think the new trainers need to be more diversified. I have a question about Cara. Is she really a trainer or is she a boxing instructor? Just wondering.

Kudos to the women for amazing weightlosses this week. Awesome!!!!

mmel3283
02-09-2011, 03:13 PM
With Arthur...he's lost a lot of weight...but he still has a LOT to loose. When someone who is in the lower 200's and can pull off a double digit loss...he should have no problem. It would be different if he was doing EVERYTHING he could do and still wasn't loosing as quickly. That happens. But I really don't think he's giving it his all. The only thing he really gives his all to is running his mouth. Dont try to sacrifice other people because you can't be bothered to do what you need to do. Yes...he NEEDS to be there...Bob has said that many times...but that's only going to keep him on there for so long. No one's perfect...I'm not perfect... I have bad weeks. I have weeks where I gain...I have weeks where I don't want to do it. BUT...I'm not on the Biggest Loser. I'm not working for a ton of money...I don't have other people depending on me. And if I got myself on a show like that, I'd be damn sure to work my hardest for the people that were working to help me out and make sure I did my best and not waste the opportunity that someone else could have had.

cherrypie
02-09-2011, 04:24 PM
It's probably the way they edited it but it seems like during the weight ins Bob always has a big smile on his face and Jillian is always glaring lol

cherrypie
02-09-2011, 04:25 PM
I think the part that offended most people is that he picked two weak players from the unknowns, thinking that if his team was the losing team that they could just vote off those two, since they weren't "really" part of the team. Which, imho, is a pretty crappy thing to do for a number of reasons. First, you put "weaker" people on your own team, and then you tell them to their face that you want to vote them off.

Just very bad form, I think. But then, I hate the temptations. If you want to vote people off to make it a show, go ahead, but all this "power to change the game" stuff really annoys me. Just let people do what they do, and let the one that's the most devoted/persistent win.

and he got rid of the team because he just didn't like them.

eclipse
02-09-2011, 05:37 PM
And, really, the only way for Arthur's plan to have worked is if he didn't tell anyone what he'd done. I canNOT figure out why he did that. It wasn't about maintaining integrity - clearly the choice was all about game play to him. If you're going to go into game play mode, you have to do it all the way and not worry about lying. Everyone on his team (and the other team) would have easily gone on believing that someone on the unknown team had made the decision, and someone from team pink likely would have really gotten voted off if they had lost the weigh in.

redreine
02-09-2011, 07:31 PM
I know I'm super late on this, but I have no computer/internet, so me getting online is rare. :P

First, I loved last season. I do agree that there was too much gameplay, though.
Second, I LOVE Courtney. I hope she wins. I felt like Ada should've won last season, and Courtney reminds me a lot of Ada, in terms of doing what she needs to do and getting the job done.
Next, I can't stand the yellow team. Imo, it's not exactly fair to have an Olympian on TBL...to me, they're a celebrity. Go on Celebrity Fit Club or whatever.
Arthur is driving me nuts. He's a placeholder, just like Elizabeth from last season. She drove me nuts as well, and I was so upset that she made it so far. She didn't deserve to, AT ALL.
Dan & Don. OMG RAGE. This is a chance of a lifetime, and millions of people are literally DYING to get on this show, and you just throw it all away? If I ever meet you, boy do I have some words. And they aren't pretty.
The whole Unknowns thing drives me nuts. That whole group seems to be so cocky and arrogant...I love when they have to vote someone off, just because on a whole they seem like jerks.

If I were on TBL, I would consistently vote off the person with the lowest percentage of weight loss, unless there were extenuating circumstances, or if they consistently had great numbers and just had a bad week. I know strategically it doesn't make sense, but imo, it's called The Biggest Loser for a reason. The real biggest loser deserves to win. Not the person with the best gameplay.

Honestly, I wish the show wasn't about gameplay. I wish all the contestants could stay on the ranch the whole time, and then whoever has the highest percentage of weight loss at the end is the winner. But we all know that would never happen, because it would lower the ratings. Which is honestly sad, considering the obesity epidemic in this country.

Bette k
02-09-2011, 07:48 PM
I thought it looked like the new trainers were trying way too hard when they shared the gym with Bob and Jillian. It was almost embarrassing the way they were showing off instead of training their team.
At the weigh in they guy on the yellow team was so down on Q but didn't say anything when his percentage was about the same. Maybe it's how they edited it, but he isn't coming off very well. I also wonder if the yellow team are a couple, they are giving off the vibe that they are.

ringmaster
02-09-2011, 10:13 PM
from a game play point of view what Arthur did was a decent move, like he said it would guarantee he'd be there atleast 2 more weeks. but to spill the beans that he switched the teams wasn't too smart. He could of waited later in the game to confess it was him to switch the teams. Hopefully the teams cool down and don't vote him off... I remember when Michael from last season choose teams and people were mad but later they cooled off and kept him on, so maybe it'll be that way for Arthur.

Tomato
02-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Dan & Don. OMG RAGE. This is a chance of a lifetime, and millions of people are literally DYING to get on this show, and you just throw it all away? If I ever meet you, boy do I have some words.

I completely agree with you, redreine. I think I would not be able to refrain from giving them a bit of a speech myself. There are so many people who would have loved to be on the show and who would FIGHT to stay as long as possible, instead of throwing the towel in and going back home.

If I were on TBL, I would consistently vote off the person with the lowest percentage of weight loss, unless there were extenuating circumstances, or if they consistently had great numbers and just had a bad week. I know strategically it doesn't make sense, but imo, it's called The Biggest Loser for a reason. The real biggest loser deserves to win. Not the person with the best gameplay.

I wish they (the producers) would mix it up. For example, I would still allow the contestants to vote people off, but every here and there, I would (as the host) would announce, at the weigh-in, that in this episode it will be the person with the lowest weight loss going home. So for example, half of the episodes would be that the contestants have the power to cast their votes, but in the other episodes, it would be the person with the lowest weight loss. Except that the contestants would never know which it will be, until after the weigh in. That would screw up their scheming and gameplaying very nicely! :devil:

Slim CB
02-10-2011, 12:48 PM
I wish they (the producers) would mix it up. For example, I would still allow the contestants to vote people off, but every here and there, I would (as the host) would announce, at the weigh-in, that in this episode it will be the person with the lowest weight loss going home. So for example, half of the episodes would be that the contestants have the power to cast their votes, but in the other episodes, it would be the person with the lowest weight loss. Except that the contestants would never know which it will be, until after the weigh in. That would screw up their scheming and gameplaying very nicely! :devil:

They are yet to do it this season but they normally do it with a redline and a yellow line. Person who has the lowest weight that week falls below the red line and is automatically sent home. They usually have 2 eliminations in that given week.

glitterhairdye
02-10-2011, 03:28 PM
This week really iritated me and I think it just reinforced how much I dislike Arthur. I really don't think his heart is in it. We saw with the donuts that he didn't want to make the change, how he ate the chocolates we see that he hasn't really done anything, and by his weight loss alone we see he isn't wokring as hard as he could. Normally when people have this high body fat on TBL are dropping weight 2-3x as much as him. Obviously in the real world what he's doing is fantastic but he's in a controlled environment where it just seems kind of off. I don't think his heart is really in it. And i agree with a PP that I think his dad may be an enabler.

Witht hat said Courtney is awesome! She reminds me of Ada last season. She doesn't have the atheletic ability like Ada does (though she may with time) but she has the drive about her and she's so motivated!! I wish she would lighten up on the makeup but over all I think she's my fave by far.
On the down side with this season I don't feel like I really know the "unknowns". I know the tongan guy, Q, the yellow team but that's about it. It sucks because I like to know the characters and where they stand. I dont even know how they're doing weight loss wise because they've given them no screen time. Stupid move, TPTB

HotChildInTheCity
02-10-2011, 04:11 PM
from a game play point of view what Arthur did was a decent move, like he said it would guarantee he'd be there atleast 2 more weeks. but to spill the beans that he switched the teams wasn't too smart. He could of waited later in the game to confess it was him to switch the teams. Hopefully the teams cool down and don't vote him off... I remember when Michael from last season choose teams and people were mad but later they cooled off and kept him on, so maybe it'll be that way for Arthur.

I still believe it was a stupid move....he is already thinking about himself preforming bad and being up for elimination....Saying it was him, makes the move superstupid...everybody thought it was someone from the red team, because weakest links from that team were exchanged for the strong players....Arthur actually made his team weaker and I absolutely cannot see wisdom in that...Btw he loses the pounds, but doesn't give much percentage wise...He does need to be there, but if I was on the show, I would vote him off, because I simply wouldn't risk my position to keep him there, and he had already shown he's not loyal and is no good to make alliances with....

Btw, his dad beats him in lbs loss every time, I like him...Someone said, Jesse is to blame for Arthurs weight...it probably is partially true, but...well then all of our parents are somewhat guilty for our weight, they made a mistake, and there is no reversing....I think he's playing his role quite good now

Courtney is my favourite also:carrot: I mean...her will...I wonder how did she acquire it? It must be hard to go down from 400+ to bellow 200lbs (where I guess she will eventually be)...amazing...if I could have 30% of that will power...just amazing...

And unlike many of you I do like the former yellow team. They also show strength of caracter and always look up at that kind of people and admire them. I think their charisma and the fact that they really walk the walk makes them 'natural leaders' as (i think) Bob said. They have great potential. And, lol, I don't think they're a couple...but who knows, might be :P

Grey team....what are those Tongans made of? Fellipe, Sione, Koli, Sam (<3)...they all smash the game...they really impress me, I want to marry a Tongan some day - a fit one ofcourse :D...and after seeing their island in 'Where are they now special'....speachless

Finally about the trainers....Cara doesn't get my heart at all....Nowhere near Jillian - altough I hate her sometimes, I don't think I could stand someone yelling at me so much....I wouldn't mind if that Brett guy sticks around for a while, but I also can't picture the show without Bob...And the new trainers show off in the gym was really pointless, and about all that noise in the gym, I can understand why black team was upset...

redreine
02-10-2011, 08:04 PM
I've thought the Yellow team was a couple the whole time! lol

I was so pissed at Arthur, but then I felt bad when he was crying in the gym. I'm such a sucker for tears. :(

I agree with everyone so far about the new trainers, especially Cara trying to be Jillian. Cara seems sweet...and for that reason alone, she'll NEVER be Jillian.

Does anyone remember there being 3 trainers in the very first season, or is that just me? Honestly, before last season, the last season I watched was season 4, I believe. The one with Kae and Isabeau. (I loved them both)

Also, I understand that there will be temptations when they get home irl, but sometimes I think TBL goes overboard with it.

peanutt
02-10-2011, 08:21 PM
It wasn't the very first season that they had an extra trainer but another one of the earlier ones. Her name was Kim. I didn't like her at all!

seagirl
02-10-2011, 08:26 PM
I wish they would show more about the food. It feeds into the whole "I've been working out like crazy all week, how come I haven't lost?!" mentality I see sometimes. My guess is that the people, like Arthur and Q, who have low weight losses are over indulging in the kitchen.

It's not the 35 chocolates that did him in, it's the choices he makes every time he's in the kitchen, which they unfortunately don't show.

redreine
02-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Kim! I knew that was her name!

Also, I was at the library today reading some of TBL's books. It says that in TBL house they have a variety of foods, good and bad, and the people in the house eat what they want to eat, but are taught about good and bad calories.

Also that they are allowed a "cheat day", but don't have to take it.

eclipse
02-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Yeah, Kim was on it for 2 seasons, I think. Jillian left for a season, and then the next season they had Kim and Bob at the ranch training their teams, and Jillian secretly training her black team, who were the rejects of the other two teams. If I remember correctly, one of the black team "rejects" won that season. I really did NOT like Kim.

peanutt
02-10-2011, 08:49 PM
I too wish they had more discussion of food (other than the product placements!) and how the contestants are eating. I remember a few seasons ago Bob giving his blue team a camera to show what they were eating through a day and just being horrified about what they were eating. It was towards the end so they should have had it down pat, but they weren't eating enough of the right stuff and missing some pretty major nutritional requirements in their daily meals. They should show more of that and less crying. ;)

redreine
02-10-2011, 09:11 PM
I would like to see the eating as well as more of the workouts.
I also agree with whoever said we don't need to watch their videos and see them reading letters from home and whatnot.

I know this is supposed to make the characters more relatable, but focusing on the players with the interviews and watching them in the workouts and getting their private time with the trainers and how they play during the challenges helps me relate to them just fine.

ontarget
02-10-2011, 09:55 PM
I wish they'd focus more on the food, too.

drinkypants
02-11-2011, 03:35 AM
I agree that they should focus on the food more. The show is 2 hours, so you think they could squeeze more in than a cheerios commercial. Show them in the kitchen making their food, like they do everyday.. not just when Curtis teaches them a recipe.

Arthur, I totally didn't get. Why make your team weak even if you wanted to swap players!? Common sense was lacking there. Also, the tears did nothing for me.. it reminded me of a child that didn't want to get in trouble, so they turn on the water works hoping for sympathy instead of punishment.

Courtney is my favorite for sure!
Sometimes I like the former yellow team, sometimes not. They seem to get a little too cocky at times with their leadership, but other times they are super motivational.

MindiV
02-11-2011, 08:47 AM
I was curious so I figured it out. It showed Arthur stuffing his mouth full of those little chocolate nonpareils candies...I found a calorie count on a website and figured that if he ate 35 of them, he consumed somewhere between 650 and 700 calories, depending on the specific brand, of course...

Still amazes me sometimes how the "little" things like those are so high calorie.

mpappie
02-11-2011, 10:58 AM
I estimate he ate at least a half of pound of chocolate, in that short of a time period!! that would make most of us sick!

trekkiegirl
02-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Interesting...the show edited things to make it look like the red team was cutting Q loose because of his performance. But NBC has a bonus clip where Q asked to be sent home to save Jay because the red team had promised one another not to write each other's names down (how that's supposed to work for future weigh-ins they lose beats me!) People like yellow team and Moses admitted they were going to send Jay home until Q spoke up.

I wonder why it is that Arthur doesn't like/trust Jay as he said. It's like when Heba and all had such a problem with Phil--they show you the fighting and the tension without showing what started it. Jay even looks a little like Phil.

There's also a video up of the 4 trainers "meeting" each other.

redreine
02-12-2011, 06:35 PM
I understand the whole being a family thing, but at the end of the day it *is* a game, and promising not to vote someone off in your "family" is only going to result in hurt feelings, and ultimately sway your decisions in an unfair way, at times giving an advantage to people who don't deserve it.

Last season, I wanted Ada to win, but Patrick was my second choice. However the whole thing with Patrick, Brendon, and Frado irked me. Frado bothered me at times, but Brendon I honestly loathed for the most part.

tytbody
02-12-2011, 08:41 PM
I agree redreine. How can you be a big honest family when in the end someone is going to say, you need to go. That's not trust.

they need to just play for their own loss and not look at what someone else is doing.

BethC
02-13-2011, 05:44 PM
I don't feel like I really know the "unknowns", but what I've seen I didn't really like. Love Courtney...she's doing so great!

I don't think Arthur is going to be there much longer, all of the others that "played the game", did well on the scale and were getting rid of the competition, he's playing it because he's not doing well, he can only keep that up for so long.

MindiV
02-16-2011, 07:41 AM
Ok, former yellow team...it's all about "family" when one of THEM had a low number, but last week, when it was Q with the low number, "family" didn't mean so much? Hypocrites....Glad I'm not a part of their "family."

Violet73
02-16-2011, 08:01 AM
I agree with how they need to show their diets they follow. The food you consume is 80% of determining weight loss so they say. I'm doing lc and can't exercise right now due to my feet being in bad shape but I'm losing several pounds a week. I hope to get strong soon where I can exercise though cause I want to be strong and have muscle tone. I think the diet must be extremely strict on the BL ranch and they are worried people at home will try it and then there would be lawsuits. They have said many times that the BL ranch is the olympics of weight loss.

I'm loving this season on BL! Arthur gets on my nerves but I like everyone else!

Torister
02-16-2011, 09:32 AM
Boohoo Red team....Get over yourselves. You are human just like everyone else and tonight showed it. Jay will do just fine at home. I would be thrilled for the former yellow team teamates to "just go". Annoying...understatement!

I have to say that as annoying as Arthur has been thus far this season, this past week he has stepped up...accepted the help from "his girls" and actually showed up. It reflected in his weight loss. Good for him!

Tomato
02-16-2011, 10:01 AM
That was a nice episode last night. I was so glad to see the ladies' team won (Arthur doesn't count as a man, IMHO, LOL). But good for him to drop 20, finally a spark of some potential.

I am not really interested in their food at all, and I was horrified when they talked him out of using olive oil. I didn't quite catch what he was going to do w ith the fish, I use oil mister to just coat the pan. Olive oil is healthy and your body needs healthy fats to fuction. Healthy fats are not the enemy, carbs are!

I am worried about Jay's daughter (is her name Jennifer?). If the reds lose next week again, she will be on the chopping block.

This is the first time when I really could not stand Rulon - WTF is with him? I don't think Justin is not nearly as annoying as Rulon (except that he could trim the beard).

mmel3283
02-16-2011, 11:26 AM
I was pretty bummed they sent Jay home... I really like him, and I really like his daughter...if she's pulling big numbers on average...why send her home...that's so dumb...send home the person who either isn't showing big numbers or is too close to goal to give them.

I was really happy Arthur did well and stepped up. I find myself constantly rooting for the Black Team...I think the red team is a little too cocky.

Great episode last night.

CourtneyDaisey
02-16-2011, 11:52 AM
I was also glad that Arthur finally stepped it up and showed he could make a commitment to himself and his team. Well done on his 20 pound loss! :cheer: The question is...will he keep it up or will he let his game playing get in the way of the real reason to be there? Only time will tell.

Did anyone else wondering about Jay after he was sent home? Maybe I missed something, but it doesn't seem like he's lost that much after coming home. He was at 289 at home, which wasn't that far off from where he was at the ranch. I worry that he may fall off the wagon and not do as well at home as he was at the ranch.

I can certainly understand Bob and Jillian's concern at their team losing the gym for the week but they didn't let that stop them from coming up with different routines to allow the Black Team to still achieve their goals! Well done Bob and Jillian and Black Team!

I was so pleased at seeing so many people reach Onederland last night! :broc: I can't wait to be there myself!

Torister
02-16-2011, 12:42 PM
I was so pleased at seeing so many people reach Onederland last night! :broc: I can't wait to be there myself!

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Doodie
02-16-2011, 01:21 PM
what was the red team thinking by not putting up Arthur? I think Courtney or Irene will win it all.

Torister
02-16-2011, 02:36 PM
what was the red team thinking by not putting up Arthur? I think Courtney or Irene will win it all.

They weren't. They were being cocky....like they were going to win even putting up one of "the small girls" instead of Arthur or Courtney. I love when a plan backfires. LOL! I am soooooo rooting for the Black team!!

I would like Courtney win. Her head is totally in this and she is doing this for all the right reasons.

Violet73
02-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Healthy fats are not the enemy, carbs are!

ITA :D Eating fat is making me lose weight. I love my bacon :carrot: (we really need a dancing bacon guy :) )

ihavethemusicinme
02-16-2011, 09:14 PM
I want Courtney to win so bad it hurts!

Bette k
02-17-2011, 12:06 AM
Is Cara, the female new trainer trying to be Jillian lite, or are all trainers psychologist wannabes? I really didn't care to hea how baddly Rulon's life sucks since he won the olympics. There are a lot more interesting people there and I would like to know more about them., but maybe they needed to give him a certain amount of camera time because he is a 'celebrity'.
I too love the black team, but then the only people on the red team that are given much camera time so I can get to know them are the former yellow team. I find it hard to believe the rest of the red team is so passive to thoese two. Arthur has already lost a bunch of weight before he came on the show and I think when it comes to keeping up with the rest on things he does have that big pouch of hanging skin that looks like it reached almost to his knees, I bet that's hard to work around.

MindiV
02-17-2011, 07:40 AM
Arthur has already lost a bunch of weight before he came on the show and I think when it comes to keeping up with the rest on things he does have that big pouch of hanging skin that looks like it reached almost to his knees, I bet that's hard to work around.

I was thinking the same thing about all the skin he's got. If you watch "Heavy," some of the people featured have had surgery during weight loss to remove excess skin there in the front to give them better mobility.

Violet73
02-17-2011, 08:19 AM
I was thinking the same thing about all the skin he's got. If you watch "Heavy," some of the people featured have had surgery during weight loss to remove excess skin there in the front to give them better mobility.

I was thinking the same thing too! Also, his abdominal muscles are weak from all of that excessive abdominal fat and skin. I think he should have been losing more all along though. He aggravates me. But, maybe now he is on the right track.

peanutt
02-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Bettek, I don't think trainers are "psychologist wannabes" but I do think that the psychological element is key in this journey we're all on. I've heard they have a psychologist on staff at the ranch, but the trainers spend so much time with the contestants that they're bound to see them at times where they're most open to talking about whatever issues they're carrying around. We all have those and all have to learn to deal with them to be successful on this journey. They must become practiced at identifying issues and helping people work through them.

I'm so glad that the ladies on the black team rallied around Arthur. He was really annoying me, but it was clear he needed a strong influence in his life to give him a kick in the ***, rather than his father enabling him. Those ladies certainly can provide that.

I got really annoyed when they freaked about the possibility of him cooking his fish in olive oil - a spray of olive oil is so healthy! It reminded me of Bob scolding his team a few seasons ago for not using olive oil or any other sources of healthy fats in their diet.

cherrypie
02-17-2011, 12:42 PM
I got really annoyed when they freaked about the possibility of him cooking his fish in olive oil - a spray of olive oil is so healthy! It reminded me of Bob scolding his team a few seasons ago for not using olive oil or any other sources of healthy fats in their diet.

interesting though that the oil would have more calories than the fish