Dessert Recipes for LA Weight Loss - Taking sugar out of the picture

View Full Version : Taking sugar out of the picture

Princess of the KING
01-05-2011, 12:06 AM
hello all- I really feel sugar is holding me back and decided that I'm cutting it out. Do you guys have any advice? I have no clue where I would start with taking sugar out of my life. I eat so much of it! Thanks!

milmin2043
01-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Hi Princess,
The first thing I did when quitting sugar was to take out all of the big hitters-cookies, cake, candy, soda, brownies, etc.

After I got them totally out of my system and was no longer craving them, I then worked on getting rid of a lot of processed food which contains high amounts of sugar, such as some cereals, crackers, rolls, pretzels, even chips.

I also no longer drink juice or milk or anything with added sugar, water only. I can't say that my diet is sugar free because I still eat fruit, yogurt, and Kashi, but I can say that I have removed most of it.

This has made the biggest difference in my weight loss this time around. No one was more addicted to sugar than me. However, after a few short months, I honestly stopped craving it and ate no candy whatsoever between Halloween and Christmas. First time in my life. I feel like a million bucks...it is so worth it!
Good luck!

Princess of the KING
01-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Hmm I couldn't find this when I went looking for it this morning- could a mod move it to the general diet plans and questions? Thanks!

milmin- Thanks! :) I didn't even think about crackers and such