100 lb. Club - Going to be on a weight loss panel tonight

Eliana
01-04-2011, 09:08 AM
I'm nervous! My spin instructor asked my best friend and I to sit as panelists at her "New year weight loss challenge" event tonight. :D We've each lost over 80 pounds. She's going to ask us questions about our journeys and about how we keep it off. I'm not exactly a maintainer, so I'm not sure I can speak to that. I have a plan, but I haven't actually lived it.

Anyway...I'm nervous. I'll let you all know how it goes!

DixC Chix
01-04-2011, 09:19 AM
How very cool!!! You have a lot of knowledge and experience to impart to others. Good Luck and Have Fun!!!

sept15lija
01-04-2011, 09:27 AM
Wow - how awesome! I have no doubt your experiences will be very helpful for people. And while I lurked on the maintainer's forum, someone mentioned that anyone who loses a pound and keep it off is a maintainer, so you qualify!! :)

4xcharm
01-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Eliana, you are one of my favorite posters. What you have to say seems so wise and pertinent. Your audience will be people who want hope and inspiration for their futures. You have that to give in abundance. Have fun!!

Eliana
01-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Awe shucks, thanks guys!

The instructor jokingly said next we'll start touring and will be too busy for her little shin-dig. :D LOL! Wouldn't that be fun though? I would love to be one of those women who busts through the poster/life size picture of herself 80+ pounds lighter.

I was watching a Nutri-system infomercial just for the before/after interviews. I kept thinking, that could be me!! Except I've never done Nutri-system. There's no infomercial for calorie counting! LOL!

VickieLou
01-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Eliana, You will do Fine. Have Fun tonight. Your an Inspiration to Me!

calluna
01-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Congratulations, Eliana! What splendid recognition for your efforts and struggles. :) Let us know how it goes. :D

Arctic Mama
01-04-2011, 11:30 AM
That's so exciting! Let us know how the whole thing goes.

Bunti
01-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Awe shucks, thanks guys!

The instructor jokingly said next we'll start touring and will be too busy for her little shin-dig. :D LOL! Wouldn't that be fun though? I would love to be one of those women who busts through the poster/life size picture of herself 80+ pounds lighter.

I was watching a Nutri-system infomercial just for the before/after interviews. I kept thinking, that could be me!! Except I've never done Nutri-system. There's no infomercial for calorie counting! LOL!

There should be! You'll do terrific. Can't wait to hear how it went.

carter
01-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Eliana, you'll be great. So many people here have been inspired by your "commit to staying on plan for one year" approach - I am sure your audience tonight will be inspired as well.

seagirl
01-04-2011, 12:22 PM
That is so exciting!!

goal4agirl
01-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Eliana- I love reading your post ~ you have been such an inspiration to me! You have a lot of good weight loss experience to help someone else who is struggling with this problem. You go and enjoy it tonight!

time2lose
01-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Eliana, I am sure that you will be great. Just remember that you can really help people. Talk to them like you talk to us!

ubergirl
01-04-2011, 08:19 PM
Aw-- you're going to do GREAT! I think it's a wonderful thing to have the opportunity to share what you've learned!!! I really think a lot more people would lose weight if they just knew someone who had actually done it. It makes it seem more possible!

Beverlyjoy
01-04-2011, 09:20 PM
This is so wonderful and a testiment to your wonderful accomplishment!

Eliana
01-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Last night was wonderful! :D I feel very honored that my instructor chose the two of us! We thought we would be two of several "guests" but it was just us! She knows so many people, I thought surely she knew someone else more successful than the two of us.

I didn't get to say as much as I might have liked because my friend is very, very chatty. She gets on a roll and can just ad-lib forever. My thoughts were pretty to-the-point and concise. I did get in the commitment thing because that is truly the one thing I can say is the reason I made it this far. We talked about setting small and attainable goals for yourself, both in weight loss and in physical goals from being able to run a mile to fitting into your wedding dress again. :D

The group to whom we were speaking is embarking on an 8 week fitness challenge that sounds really cool! They're in teams of two and keep track of points for various things, much like we do in challenges around here. They earn a specified amount of points (1,2 or 3) for things like going a whole week without alcohol or without snacks or without white "stuff", or for parking further away from the store or for taking the stairs. They earn points for getting in 180 minutes of cardio in a week AND 90 minutes of strength.

It was a very motivating evening.

synger
01-05-2011, 08:59 AM
You have every right to be proud of yourself, and I'm very glad you had the opportunity to share your journey with others in-real-life. You have indeed inspired MANY folks here with the one-year-challenge, and your many supportive, insightful posts.

Thank you so much for your participation on this board, and congrats on having your success recognized "outside", too!

sept15lija
01-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Awesome!! Glad it was a good evening, motivational for everyone involved no doubt! It is so wonderful to see real life examples of weight loss, because they're hard to find a lot of the time. I'm lucky to have two in my life, both of my sisters have lost substantial amounts of weight and maintained that loss for years. I think I'm a rarity though in that I have them to look to.

Eliana
01-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Awesome!! Glad it was a good evening, motivational for everyone involved no doubt! It is so wonderful to see real life examples of weight loss, because they're hard to find a lot of the time. I'm lucky to have two in my life, both of my sisters have lost substantial amounts of weight and maintained that loss for years. I think I'm a rarity though in that I have them to look to.

You're right. I only know my friend and me. One of our secretaries says she's lost and maintained a 50 lb lost, so I should count her, but I didn't know her "before".

Bunti
01-05-2011, 11:31 AM
It sounds like it was a terrific evening.....of course all of us here at 3FC knew your would do wonderfully, as you are so inspiring here.