WW Clubs and Groups - #246 Bale of Turtles Starting Fresh!

Itryharder
01-04-2011, 09:24 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We beleive in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
01-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, right away I'd say that if I ate a salty dinner I would definitely hold fluids that would show up on the scale. The following day I would drink more water than usual and the fluid weight would go away. I hope this is the case with you because on the new points plus plan, the weight should be going down. :goodvibes:

Well, I'm through the holidays in not such bad shape. I only had one day that I would consider a binge day-----not bad at all. The other days I calculated points plus in my head, avoided anything ridiculous, and enjoyed the day and the company. Yay for me! :bravo:

Hey Peanutt and Lizzie-----a long time ago when I started WW's again in 2000 (I can't believe it) I made myself a promise. I bought a sterling silver bracelet with loops when I lost my first five pounds. Then at the same time, I bought a charm for the bracelet. I determined to do this every five pounds, buying only charms that were pretty and signified something to me. I did it for the first 20#, ran into snags and abandoned the idea. Well, you gals have me thinking again about what a nice incentive that would be. My first mini goal will be to update my bracelet and then work for the next 5# reward. Yay!

My promises to myself:
1. track each day
2. keep away from 5point nuts snack at end of day
3. exercise 3X week

Is this a good start?

Best of everything to us Turtles!

Princess, that chicken risotta recipe looks awesome. I've got it printed out and ready to go!:chef:
Bandit, what a great year you've had. Here's to further success in reaching goal. :goodscale:
Life4evr, good luck at work for :exercise: and :chef: for eating right!
Lizzie, love your enthusiasm. Let's make this work! :cheer:
Peanutt, terrific weight loss. You inspire me. :goodvibes:
Cherry, love your efforts while dealing with little ones. As you do this, you'll be setting a good example for your children. :hug:
Aliez, always enjoyed your posts. How are you doing? :goodvibes:
If I've missed anyway, I apologize. It's early here in NY.

Love,
Judy
234.6/188.2/170's and thinner :cool:

bandit2
01-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi turtles

Sounds like everyone is really motivated which I love to hear and setting mini goals is a great idea. Mine would be: journal everyday, excercise 3x/week
and only bring in foods which are on programme & no excuses with that.
Also more decluttering of my house which is still not done. Hope that will "declutter" my bad habits.

Princess - I did not go out shopping on boxing day. To me that has lost some of the impact of years ago there were no sales until then, now everything is on sale before the holidays & I really didn't need anything.
Your weight gain might be from the salt - I can gain 3# overnight when I extra salty foods.

Judy - good for you for only having 1 overeating day. That is fabulous!

I love that you are all setting new goals for 2011 and good luck to everyone on achieving them.

CherryAutumn
01-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Wow looks like everyone is extra motivated.:carrot:

All the kids have colds and i have a sinus cold myself. This has been a tough winter for sickness and there is still a lot left. Yesterday i recieved my ww kit in the mail so i guess today will be my first day on the new program and also back on the wagon. I like everyones ideas for mini goals and rewards. My main goal will be to track everything daily.:)

Good to hear from Judy, Bandit, Princess, Peanutt, Lizzie, and Life4evr. Hope i didnt forget anyone. I have mommy brain.:o

Princess1122
01-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Judy: Yep, that is what I thought too but am concerned because not only did I not lose but rather gained from my starting weight... ugh, oh well I am looking at the material again, counting every single thing and will keep at it. I have a question about the zero point fruit/veggie thing if you don't mind. Say you have an apple, and that alone would be zero points but if you add something to it like maybe you bake it with some sugar or a pat of butter... do you only count the sugar and the butter or do you have to add the point value of the apple now too because you added something to it? Sorry - I hope that question makes sense.

Bandit: I don't do our Black Friday here either, too crazy and just not worth it. Sounds like you are really working on your plan and getting ready to take it to an even higher level - that is just so great!

Cherry: Sick again... ugh, very sorry to hear that! Feel better!

peanutt
01-04-2011, 04:45 PM
I have a question about the zero point fruit/veggie thing if you don't mind. Say you have an apple, and that alone would be zero points but if you add something to it like maybe you bake it with some sugar or a pat of butter... do you only count the sugar and the butter or do you have to add the point value of the apple now too because you added something to it? Sorry - I hope that question makes sense.

Your question makes perfect sense, Princess....hope you don't mind me jumping in with my thoughts on it. This is something that I was confused about too. You see, the recipe builder adds points for fruits and vegetables when you add them to the recipe. I believe that the official WW instruction is to count points for fruits and veggies in the recipes.

When I asked about it here, some people said that their WW leader said that if the fruits and veggies can be separated from everything else (like in a salad) then they are 0 points, but if it was something like shredded carrots in muffins the points should count. I personally find that too fussy for my own use of the WW program (and honestly it just doesn't make that much sense to me), so I always count fruits and veggies as 0 points, unless I'm eating a larger quantity of them for the etools tracker to register them as points (I think I've only had this come up once).

I think that whatever you do, be consistent and compare it with your progress over a couple of weeks. If you're plateauing and you're not counting fruits and veggies in recipes then maybe start counting them and see if that helps break through. I keep thinking of the phrase that I've seen lots in reference to the new WW plan.....I don't think anyone has ever ended up at WW because they ate too many fruits and vegetables!

Itryharder
01-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Okay, I'm chiming in on the zero point fruits and veggies as an ingredient in another food. This is what I think: it doesn't matter all that much. If I took an apple, lots of butter, sugar, and crumbs to make an apple cobbler, the point of one apple would be dwarfed by the other highly caloric items. At most counting in the apple would raise the serving by one point. Therefore, I wouldn't count in the apple.

On the other hand, I can see me making a perfectly legit and zero point baked apple that would be yummy by putting the apple, cinnamon, stevia, and a bit of water into a dish and microwaving it. Still zero points as far as I can see and a nice option when you've had all the fresh apples you can stand. I have been making my own zero point soups every day. I make a huge pot so I don't have to chop daily. It's great for a base for lunch and also as a snack around four o'clock as I did today.

I am trying to work in some milk, so I had a ff yogurt today. Tasty, but yogurt has never held me. That's why I love the zero point fruit. I've got a bunch of Clementines (bought on sale) in the fridge along with some nice apple and grapes. Yay! :chef:

Good luck to everybody.
Cherry----get well soon. :hug:
Bandit, you're doing great. When you say declutter do you mean food or items around the house ? I love to declutter and every once in a while I need to do that.

Gotta run. Be well and happy.
Judy

FetchLizzie
01-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Good Afternoon Turtles!

I had my first weigh in today - we drove back from South Fork this morning so I could make my meeting. I had a loss of 7.6# :D

Needless to say - I am thrilled!

Princess - I'm making the Risotto tonight - yummy :hun:

Itryharder - I love the bracelet idea - they have a Brighton store here and they have some great frames with chains that you can add charms to. I'm not sure how many charms it will hold - but I'm going to check it out. They also have bracelets - but thought how fun would it be to put an after picture in with charms showing the journey!:yay:

Bandit - I don't do Black Friday/Boxing day either. I already have too much "stuff" and have a goal to unclutter and turn all the things I don't need into cash with a big garage sale in the Spring.:crossed:

life4evr
01-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Hope everyone had a good day. I have learned again I need to avoid fast food at all cost. Or stick with a grilled chicken sandwhich. That is all with my quick fly by post.

Princess1122
01-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Thanks so much for all of the replies about the fruit / veggie question!

I agree and that is what I thought initially - then I saw something somewhere, hard to say what or where I saw it as I have been doing a lot of searching lately on the plan to make sure that I am understanding it, etc. But for some reason I am thinking it was a recipe that I saw posted in the community section on the WW site - anywho... it made me question what I thought I knew and was thinking that I needed to do many things differently if that was the case.

Tired tonight, made it to Aqua Fit for a total of 50 minutes but the water was just too cold so I did not stay for the whole 60 minutes. Came home and had some leftovers that we had in the fridge for supper, now I am in my PJ's and heading to bed.

Lizzie: A huge congrats to you! You will be way down in no time!

Itryharder
01-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Lizzie, holy moly! What a great weight loss. :goodscale: :bravo: :carrot: :cheers: :cheer: :exercise:
Wow! That is great. You are on track all the way.

Princess, so glad you got to your Aqua Fit tonight. Staying the 50minutes is so much better than none.

Hey Gals, I've got a small problem that I'm not breaking. My dh eats at erratic hours----often at night. Although I'm not really hungry at night, I'm eating at night again. I'm not going over my 29 points+, but I know I'd have a better loss if I stopped the night hunting. Any suggestions?
Judy

FetchLizzie
01-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Itryharder - I think it is great that you are already aware that your hubby's habits of eating at night may become a problem for you - my advise is to plan. Save a low point treat that you can enjoy when it comes to hubby's snack time.

From what my consultant says - as long as you are keeping within your points you should be fine. I know that we have all been conditioned to stop eating after a certain point in the evening - but from all of the info I've been reading lately - we are finding that it really doesn't matter in the long run as long as we don't "overeat"

So- my advise is save a special treat and enjoy it with your hubby - then maybe suggest a little extra evening "activity" to burn off a few calories! :devil:

Lizzie

life4evr
01-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Yall I cannot stop eating for some reason. It's TOM so I guess that is the cause of this. On another note, I got the mobile weight watchers application to work on my blackberry. Yay. My hours at working are hopefully working out finally.

Princess1122
01-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all... super cold here again today but I think the sun is supposed to shine again so that is a wonderful thing! They are calling for some snow Thursday night into Friday but not much at all so no worries there.

No major plans for the weekend for us other than the usual stuff. I have scheduled/planned my weeks out for the next three months to try and keep busy and not let other things get in the way of what I need to do - basically I blocked my calendar with "me" time. I scheduled my exercise times and also my group times for TOPS, WW and knitting... still trying to find a book club to join so maybe I will get lucky and find one of those also.

Judy: I have to agree with Lizzie on this one - maybe some sugar-free jello, good low point cereals, special fruit items - stuff like that maybe that will seem like a treat, give you something in your tummy, and still enjoy time with your DH. Also one other suggestion - When my DH is just snacking away and I either don't have the points to spare or am not truly hungry I have started carrying my Nook, Knitting Bag or one of my magazines around with me so that I have something at hand to keep my busy while he eats... the knitting works best for me because it takes both of my hands (giggle) but the others are a good option also. BTW my DH is a "Sleep Eater" UGH! drives me crazy, he actually will get up out of bed, go get something from the kitchen, then come back into the bed and eat it, all while still being asleep... as a matter of fact he was doing it last night with a whole bag of Cheese-its! I just wanted to thump him but rolled over and went back to sleep instead :dizzy: Good luck and keep us posted!

Lizzie: You are doing sooo great! I have never been to your neck of the woods except passing through (you have a nice airport!) but I'll bet your outside exericse possibilities are endless! How wonderful!

Life: Keep your chin up! I have all kinds of those issues during my TOM - just keep your eye on the prize!

Have to run but will pop back on over my lunch time if I can, I am going to walk the halls today on my lunch since it is knitting night and I won't make it to the gym.

FetchLizzie
01-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Good Morning Turtles!

Just stopping by with a quick question for everyone before I head to the gym!:workout:

What is your "go-to" food for a quick, healthy and P+ friendly choice?

Here's my first contribution :write: I take a Choibani(brand) greek yogurt and mix in a portion of ground flax and add a piece of fresh fruit for a 5 point breakfast! I found the yogurt & flax at my local Costco.

The yogurt is non-fat and loaded with protein & calcium. The flax gets me tons of the good Omegas that we all need more of! :yes:

For those of you who are not big yogurt fans - if you haven't tried the Greek Yogurt, give it a try. It has a different taste and creaminess that has made me a fan. The box I buy has 3 flavors, Peach - Blueberry - Strawberry. My fav it the blueberry-but they all taste really good.

So- what's your go to favorite?:eating2:

Lizzie

peanutt
01-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Lizzie: Weigh to go!! Keep it up! :carrot:

Life: Don't get discouraged, I think many of us get that way around TOM! I'm glad you got the mobile app working - I love using mine to track through the day because my phone is always with me.

Judy: I agree with the others about saving a snack for yourself to eat at night if you want to eat when your husband does. I also find that Princess' idea of keeping myself busy keeps me from snacking needlessly. If I get into a good book, hours can pass without me thinking of eating. Good luck!

Princess: Sounds like you're getting lots of activity in...good job!

My go to snacks? Fruit and veggies! But other than that....
String cheese. It's 3 points for two sticks, high in calcium and protein and will satisfy me for a couple of hours.
Larabars. I rarely eat a whole one at a time because I find them too filling, but it's 2-3 points per half a bar. They're tasty, slightly sweet and have no additives and extra junk (they're just dates, other dried fruit, nuts/seeds and some spices like cinnamon or vanilla). I usually keep a whole Larabar in my purse when I'm out and about. Having the 4-5 point bar will really fill me up and keep me from swinging by a drive through for a snack.
Crackers/crispbread with nut butters. Usually works out to 3-4 points for a couple of crackers (think the size of a melba toast) with nut butter on each. Keeps me satisfied for a while too.
Boiled egg. One egg is 2 points, protein, filling, easy to boil up a bunch in advance and leave them in the fridge for grab and go.
Homemade trail mix. I make my own to keep it healthier (the premade ones can be so much higher in salt, sugar and fat). I usually use homemade granola with flax, dried unsweetened fruit, almond slivers and sunflower seeds. Usually I'll throw in some mini dark chocolate chips for a little treat. The one that I make is a little higher in points (4 points for 1/2 cup) but it's very satisfying and great to put a little bowl of on my desk for grazing while I work.

CherryAutumn
01-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Wow there are so many posts. That is Great! I just have a hard time keeping up with the personals and such. I have read so much good advice and ideas from everyone. Day one did not end well but back on the wagon I go. Hoping today is a much better day.:D

bandit2
01-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Morning, turtles:

Cherry - Hope you & children are feeling better. Nothing worse than sick kids.
How was your 1st day on new WW?

Judy - my decluttering is for basically everything & now that my fridge/cupboards are under control foodwise now focussing on house clutter & concept is hoping to "declutter" any negative thoughts & make room for new changes. Hope that makes sense. Also for me, when people are snacking I join right in so I would also plan everynight for the inevitable and I agree about it not making any differnce when you eas as long as it is within your points.

Princess - Sounds like you are right on track & so glad to hear you are making yourself a priority. Good for you!

Lizzie - congrats for your loss at the scales! You must be so excited & that is truly amazing. Keep up the good work. Good idea about the garage sale - I keep saying I am going to tdo that, then can't get organized enough so end up giving to charities or just moving it around in my basement. I should make that a spring goal - thanks.
For something quick, I like wraps with either veggies, tuna or egg salad.

ALL - Having any "free" food puts up a warning signal for me. I hope this new WW concept works for everyone which I am sure it will, since they do lots of research.

I have a new painting with little birds on it and beautiful colours and it says
"Change is Good"

Have kept on track this week, journalled & walked 8 miles so far.

Lets do it!

Princess1122
01-05-2011, 12:17 PM
My go to foods:

Hard boiled eggs: I keep them in the fridge like Peanut.

String Cheese with a slice of turkey: This helps a lot when I get in the door right after work and am hungry - it normally keeps me till I get supper on the table.

Triscut Reduced Fat Crackers with or without a slice of cheese: For some reason Triscut's really get me thru in a pinch, they have "staying" power if you know what I mean.

It used to be a Kashi bar or a Nutri Grain bar here at work because they were easy to grab, not anymore - now my desk draw if filled with fruit :D

Back in a bit!

Itryharder
01-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Hi Turtles,
We're doing great and burning up the cyber space lines with great ideas.
Thanks for the evening snack input. I'll take it all to heart and plan for that snack!!!!! :chef:

Cherry, you're doing fine. Don't worry about personals. We all know how busy you are. :goodvibes: for a good day today.

Bandit, I love the idea of decluttering also getting rid of negative thinking. Weigh to go and :bravo: for the :exercise:

Princess, I've heard of people who eat in their sleep and always thought it was kind of bogus until I met gals in my WW group who do that and now also your dh. That must be tough. Congrats on rolling over and getting back to sleep. I love your resolve! :idea:

Peanutt, great snacks. :chef: I can't go near crackers---the whole box is gone if I keep them in the house. But I didn't know two low-fat string cheese sticks were only 3points+. That's great to know because they do help me.

Lizzie, great starter for getting in the snacks we all rely on and work for us. :chef: You're doing great.

Today I went to my WI and my weight was sad. I was up 2.2# since last week so I'm baaaaaaaack into #190. Ugh. So this week I've got to be even more careful, move more and then be accepting. With hives, my weight fluctuates and it's not fun. But as my WW leader pointed out to me, I've got a lot to be grateful for and I have to remember that. And I mean that. I look a lot better than I did. My stats are all better than they were even though I'm older. I can do this!

Judy
234.6/not writing it! LOL/170's and thinner :cool:

FetchLizzie
01-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Hi Turtles!

Great ideas for snacks/goto foods! I've got another to share - one nice crisp Granny Smith Apple sliced thin with one ounce of thinly sliced Parmesan. I got this one out of an article about how French women eat and stay thin:lol:
And its only 3 points! Suprisingly satisfying!

Bandit - I know what you mean about decluttering - sometimes it feels like I'm just moving stuff from one room to the next:eek:
Also - my consultant stressed that fruits and veggies aren't "free" foods - they are zero points and should still be used with discretion - adding to be sure and include them when tracking:rolleyes:

Princess - I love Triscuits - just what I need for crunch factor!:yes:

Peanutt - I'll have to look for Larabars - sound delicious:chin:

peanutt
01-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Lizzie, they sell cases of 12 Larabars at Costco here. I've also been meaning to try making my own, but haven't yet. There are lots of good tutorials out there to make them.

life4evr
01-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Hope everyone had a good day. My eating has been horrible today. I just feel really sluggish and fatigued. I like triscuits but they don't agree with me for some reason. Not sure who mentioned the greek yogurt but I want to get some. I was going to pick some up earlier but didn't want to go in the grocery store hungry.

Princess1122
01-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Good morning everyone! Happy Thursday to you all!

They are calling for a snowy weekend here, nothing major just on and off snow with cold temps but it still sounds like a good weekend to get some cooking done and a few other things around the house. I have my first official W/I this Saturday and will be going to TOPS tonight - I have no high expectations about either W/I but I am on the right track and feeling better so it is all positive. Like Bandit, the Free foods scare me a bit so i am trying to keep that in mind and the amount at a reasonable level - 5 a day and see how it goes. I am eating better than I have in a long time and exercising so it has to lead to some good things eventually.

Went to knitting class last night, I started my first pair of socks... very excited about that! I really love the knitting and the fellowship that I get through both the classes and the group and it is keeping me busy!

I did some quick grilled cheese last night for supper as DH was sick and I was limited on time, plugged the numbers into the tracker and like I thought, the points on those kinds of things have doubled due to the bread content I think but it is still reasonable for a "go to" quick meal when needed.

Bandit: I have been working on decluttering the house since DS moved out, ugh, what a job that is! Amazing how much crap we collect over time. I have been donating a lot of it to Am-Vets, they come and pick it up right at my front door and then they resell the items the money goes to the veterans so it is win win. I have thought about the yard sale/garage sale but I don't have much luck with those so the tax write off is better in the long run for us. I think that when you get rid of the excess crud you can't help but to feel better so good luck to you, I am moving at a snails pace on it but am starting to see the end of the tunnel :D

Judy: Yep, there sure is such a thing, never believed it myself till I met DH. Ugh, he drives me crazy with it sometimes but like other things that he has it is something that he needs to work on, I can't do it for him and like I posted a while back, I am concentrating on me this time around. Selfish, I know but the only way I am going to succeed.

Lizzie: I like Greek yogurt too, very filling, will have to add that to my grocery list. The apple and cheese sounds great too! So are you enjoying your time off from work so far?

Cherry: How is everyone getting along at your house? Getting healthy I hope, that is so draining having to nurse the kids and everything else that I am sure is going on... take care of yourself!

Peanut: I am acutally thinking about going to Costco this weekend to open a membership, I have a Sams Club but I have been hearing more and more about Costco's items, etc and how good they are... We use our club memberships a lot so having two wont' go to waste!

Life: Hang in there! Good move on not going to the story hungry! Awesome in fact! If I go and am hungry I just make really bad choices or run through the store quick to get the basics so that I can get home to eat and then forget a ton of stuff.

Have a great day all!

FetchLizzie
01-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Good Morning Turtles - ready for a new day?

Does everyone know who Hungry Girl is? Her new show is going to be on the cooking channel this weekend!:carrot: If you don't know about her, she takes recipes and reworks them, making them an option for all of us! And best of all - usually includes WWP+ values!:D Her first show is going to be on pizza! I plan on setting up the TIVO!

My first week off has been good - really just starting to set in that I don't have to go back to work for 10 weeks:dizzy: Today, I am going to sit down and write a to-do list so I don't fritter this valuable opportunity away.:^:

Princess - have you been knitting long? My grandmother did beautiful handwork and I regret that I never took the time to have her teach me. I've been looking into local classes here and hope to sign up for one soon.:yay:

Peanutt - thanks for the tip on the Larabars - plan on looking next time I go to Costco.:thanks:

Life (and anyone who struggled yesterday) remember that today is a new day and put yesterday behind you. That's why we are the turtles! Right?:dust:

Good luck to everyone in 2011!!

CherryAutumn
01-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Sinus colds still hanging on. We are doing ok though. Yesterday when i tried to eat good I ended up feeling so shakey and sick most of the day. I want so bad to be healthy and feel better. I am only 27 and my body feels atleast 60. My knees hurt and my body aches. I wake up tired every morning. Sorry for the whine.:^:All I need is cheese.;)

Princess1122
01-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Well due to bad weather my TOPS meeting was cancelled tonight so I went ahead and got supper ready and DH and I ate and cleaned up... now I am going to curl up with my book or my knitting and go to bed early tonight, I did not sleep very well last night so it will be nice to crawl in early!

Lizzie: I have been knitting for about a year now, I have crochet since I was very young but only got up the nerve to try and knit a couple of years ago when I hurt my back and was laid up for a while. I taught myself to knit a straight knit stitch but that was all I could ever do so when I got to feeling better I found a local class at a yarn shop here in town and got started. It has become a passion of mine now and a very calming thing for me to do so it helps with so many other areas of my life. Find a class and let me what you think, don't get frustrated and just take your time, there is no hurry and it will all get easier but most of all enjoy yourself and create something wonderful that you can wear and show off :D

Have a good night everyone!

Itryharder
01-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi Turtles,
Looks like we're in for more snow here. Dh and I have a surprise :hb: to go to tomorrow night, so I desperately hope we're not snowed in. The party will be very small and we'd be missed.

Cherry, here's some :goodvibes: to get your up and over your colds!

Lizzie, :bravo: for your first week being so good. You rock!

Princess, I crochet too. :idea: My knitting was never too fabulous, to be kind to myself, so I'm relying on crochetting now. I also have some really cute Christmas fabric and I'm thinking of making some aprons for my kids and grandkids since I didn't get to it this December. LOL. Well, if I do it, I'll have very early Christmas gifts for next Christmas.

Life4evr, yeah----the Greek yogurt is yummy. I've also made a cheaper version by taking regular plain ff yogurt and putting it in a sieve over a bowl and refrigerating it. The runny stuff goes off and you're left with a denser yogurt that I like better. :chef:

Peanutt, You're doing great. :cheers: Keep up the good work!

Hey, I've got a snack to offer. I checked out the points plus on ff cottage cheese. 1/2cup is only 1point+. That's a lot of protein for a little point+cost. I put it on a toasted piece of bread, and then sliced 1/2apple into very thin slices which I put on the ff cottage cheese. Sprinkled with cinnamon and nutmeg====put the cheesey bread back into my toaster oven for a bit and ended up with a yummy and filling snack. It ended up being my dinner for only 3 points+. Yay! I also took some time to find out the points+ for different kinds of fruit. I am happy to report that unsweetened applesauce is still 1 cup 0 points. Yay. I love that on oatmeal with cinnamon and nutmeg. However, heads up if you haven't had a chance to look yet====canned pineapple with pineapple juice now has more points+. I have to think about that====I guess because of the juice factor.

Okay=-==gotta go and eat breakfast. Just wanted to chime in. Everybody have a great weekend. Back from my doctor yesterday. Hey, I've got to brag=====my bone density is at the level of a 33 year old! How's that? I'm especially happy because about 10 years ago I was at a level under average for my age. That's a huge improvement. Guess Ca supplements and :tread: work~LOL. (for those of you who aren't quite sure, I'm 69years old----egads, that's tough to write, but I love that you are all so welcoming to me.)
Love,
Judy

Princess1122
01-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Good morning everyone and a very happy Friday to you all! Yeah... so glad it got here and not a minute too soon - LOL - ugh, don't know if it is the week following the holidays or what but it seems to be lasting forever!

Not much new to report, scale is not doing anything even with the close tracking of everything and the exercise - it is what it is and I will go to my meeting and W/I tomorrow morning and see how it goes. I have to get the dogs to the groomer so I can stay for the meeting but will have to catch the initial review of the program that they do for newbies next Saturday.

Judy: I saw on the news last night that you guys are going to get the big old storm... stay safe! That is so awesome that you BD test came back with such positive results... fabluous! Hope you guys are able to make it to the party and have a wonderful time if you do!

I have to run but will get back on again later today, have a great day everyone!

peanutt
01-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Sounds like we're all getting some big weather! There's a heavy snowfall warning issued for here - 15-20cm by Saturday evening is expected. I hope people get out and shovel their walks a little sooner than they did after the last snowfall (a pet peeve of mine).

I've been right on track with my exercise this week. I put together a calendar schedule of workouts for the whole month on January 2 and I've done everything as scheduled so far. I am absolutely loving my new Biggest Loser Wii game! I did a 45 minute workout last night and burned almost 500 calories and was really feeling it. :lifter:

Eating has been alright this week. I had some treats and splurges over the holidays which has me still craving more of the junky food. I used to be a potato chip addict and before Christmas hadn't had any in 3 months. Then there was a big bowl of all dressed chips (my old faves) at a party and I had a few handfuls. Since then I've been craving chips like mad! :devil: A couple of days ago I finally did the cupboard/fridge purge of bad food that had built up over the holidays. Still, this week was better than last week and next week will be even better! :yes:

Life: You made a great choice by not grocery shopping when hungry! Hope you're doing well. :bravo:

Princess: The tracking and exercise is a victory in itself. Those habits are key to your success and the scale will eventually respond to your good habits! :cheer2:

Lizzie: You're off to a great start on WW! Keep it up and I know you'll be successful. :high:

Cherry: I hope you're feeling better! :goodvibes

Judy: Great news about the bone density! You should feel proud that you've been able to make that huge improvement over the past number of years! :cp:

bandit2
01-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Morning turtles:

Judy - that is soooooooooo great about your BD, awesome.

We have snow up here as well but roads are OK, which is main thing for me.

Had my Tops meeting last night and good to get back on track. I was up
lots & my weight as of last night is 195 - over past year I was way below that & way up. But I am posting it, owning it and going from here.

Doing my hot yoga tonight, so looking forward to that & have singles dance
tomorrow so that will be lots of fun.

All - have a great Friday, stay on track & lets keep the motivation going.

FetchLizzie
01-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Happy Friday Turtles!

Here comes the weekend! :carrot:

So - learning moment this morning. Left the house without eating my usual breakfast of yogurt, flax and piece of fruit. Bad idea:^: I grabbed a banana as I was late for the gym - then straight to another appt with only my water. Of course I had to stop at Big Lots to pick up a few things and what did I do? Picked up a bag of pretzel chips and immediately at 2 servings without knowing the points!:?: When I got home, I checked the points and realized I had wasted 6 precious points on junk!!!!!!:mad:

Lesson learned - never leave the house without a good breakfast, a plan and my WW journal & calculator!:nono:

Bandit - Hot yoga and dancing - sounds like a great weekend:dancer:

Peanutt - Great job on the workouts! I need to check out the Biggest Loser for WII - maybe that can be one of my rewards for keeping on program:wl:

Princess - totally agree with Peanutt - keep up the tracking and exercise and I'm sure the scale will move soon!:goodscale

Judy - WOW! Kicked butt with taking on the BD dilemma!:kickbutt:

To all my new turtle friends - go out and do something for yourself this weekend! Have fun!!:bike:

Lizzie

FetchLizzie
01-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Hey gang - just one more thing! Unless you want a scary suprise - be sure to not miss hitting the 3 when signing in to the website! I got a little too fast when logging in earlier and as I thought about what I was gonna tell you about my day - well - lets just say it wasn't what I expected!:fr::censored::fr::censored:

Princess1122
01-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Lizzie: Giggle, Giggle - been there... done that... :D

Itryharder
01-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Lizzie and Princess, ohmigoodness. I haven't been there and done that, but I can guess what it was. LOL.

Bandit, I like owning weight and then moving on. :goodscale: :bravo: for you.

Princess, I made your risotto lemon chicken dish for me and my dh. Wow.
:chef: what a great dish! I made half the recipe and we ate the whole thing. Delish! I'll definitely make it again. I've also been making simple soups with broth, canned tomatoes, and any veggies I've got in the fridge. Nice for these very cold days.

Lizzie-----yeah. I get it. Planning and preparing is something that helps us so much. I'm getting used to carrying an apple with me everywhere I go. :chef:

I've got to get to exercise somehow. We've got the snow again, but I've got a :tread: in the house, so there's no excuse. Today was an organizing day-----I think it's catching from all of you. Next I want to work on the folders in my file cabinet. It's gotten fat again----needs points+.

Hey Princess, you know you've done everything right before in the past months and not lost weight one week, then you lost a lot the following week. I think that's what is going on now. Let me know how your next WI works out.

Gotta run. You Turtles are a lot of fun!
Judy

Princess1122
01-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Hello everyone and happy Saturday to you all! Very cold day here but no snow for the most part, they are getting socked in with it up in the northern part of the state where my mom lives but it is actually sunny here today... just really painfully cold and windy. I ran out to fill up the bird and squirrel feeders quickly but was out in it this morning when I went to my meeting and W/I then on to the grocery store... I think I totally wiped out there produce section LOL - I bought everything! Even got some new things for a couple new recipes that I want to try.

Well W/I went really well for me, much better than I expected my scale must be off or something but whatever it is I was down 3.4 so I guess I am doing somethings right and after reviewing my week of eating I think I know where I am making my mistakes and will correct it right away... I think it was the bread - not the light bread that I eat with a sandwich or whatever but the Italian or French bread that I have served with a couple of meals... I had some and even though I counted it I either may not have counted correctly or just plain need to stay away from it.

The dogs went to the groomer today, they were a mess and did not smell very good either, LOL - the GSD had a stinky foot oder about him and Gabbie the mutt was not much better but they have been out playing in the snow and such over the last couple of months and just regular brushings have not been enough... they needed the works :) I have to run and pick them up in a minute so will be heading back out into the cold again.

Judy: So glad you liked the Risotto dish, I really did to and may try different variations of it in the future. I have all of the stuff to make some veggie soup so will be doing that tomorrow. Hope you can get on the treadmill today, it may help to pass the time a bit as being cooped up is never a lot of fun.

Lizzie: I totally agree with you, when I am hungry I do bad things... LOL! I don't eat before W/I on Saturday mornings so I get W/I then attend the meeting and it is a straight shot home to eat... then I head out to do what I need to do, it does not always work out that way but I sure try...

Peanut:"All Dressed Chips" - what are those? I have TBL Wii workout also and it is great, thanks for the reminder I need to dig that out again!

Bandit: No worries Bandit, I know you and you will be back on track in no time at all and you are one strong lady to own it like you are... I do know how you feel though, it sucks and you want to kick yourself but like you said it is in the past and at least you did not end up back at square one like I did LOL. Hot yoga, oh I really want to try that... I knew that you had been going and was wondering if you would keep at it... glad to see that you are. What book are you reading right now... can I ask? I am always looking for something new to read. I am using my Nook now full time and am reading a book called "Fallen" I think it is meant for the younger folks but I am enjoying it and since it is the first in a series of three will be getting the next one when I am done.

Life: Howare you doing? Anything any of us here can do to help you?

Cherry: How goes it with you? Is everyone on the mend?

I have to run and pick up the dogs - have a great day all!

peanutt
01-08-2011, 03:47 PM
WTG this week Princess!! You're off to a great start to 2011!

All dressed chips are a uniquely Canadian thing. It's a flavour combo that's tangy like salt and vinegar and a little smoky and sweet like BBQ.

bandit2
01-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Hi turtles:

Peanutt - I have had those chips before & they are soooooooo good, plus
my biggest weakness is potatoe chips so I have to be extra careful around any kind.

Princess - super congrats to you!!! That is a really big loss. You must be doing something right so keep at it.

We got some snow, but roads are fine and it was sunny all day. So a nice winter day overall.

All - hope you are keeping on track seeing it is the weekend & for some it can be challenging. I have stayed on track since last Monday and did a 3 mile walk today. So I am hoping for success at the scales this Thurs.

Have a nice weekend & stay warm

Itryharder
01-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Princess, weigh to go! :goodscale: I am so glad whatever was wrong with your scale at home did not cause you to eat and never know about the real loss you had. this is so complicated. :bravo: :exercise: :strong:
:carrot: and hooray for wiping out the produce section. That's where the good foods are. :chef:

Bandit, you are doing great. Here's to a :goodscale: at next WI. Weigh to go.

Peanutt, those chips sound deadly delicious. Chips and crackers are definitely my weakest points. I can overlook cake and even ice cream, but the other two are calling big time. :chef:

Lizzie, how are you? You're sounding great.

Cherry, little guys feeling better?

Life4evr, good luck this weekend. I hope you have good food choices coming up.

Heading out to party. Had good homemade soup today and some protein. I think I'll eat an apple as we walk out the door since the guest of honor won't be there until seven o'clock and heaven knows when we'll get to eat.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Judy
234.6/190.2/170 and thinner :cool:

FetchLizzie
01-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Good Afternoon Turtles -
Looks like the weather is heading out way!:coolsnow:

Glad I made it out this afternoon for my workout! I finished a 2 hour Zumba boot camp- it was crazy fun - definitely burned a few calories and think I'll feel it tomorrow!:belly:

Princess - great job - so glad the scales moved for you and what a great number to pull! :cheer: BTW - what kind of dogs to you have? We are owned by 2 rescue Airedale Terriers.

Peanutt - those chips do sound deadly & definitely would be hard to resist:corn:

Bandit - Good job - owning it is half the battle:sunny:

Itryharder - hope the party goes well - I know you will do great:drool:

Cherry - hope everyone is feeling better at your house - I know its difficult to get up and cook when you aren't feeling well:stir:

Enjoy the rest of the weekend - will check in tomorrow!:grouphug:

Lizzie

Princess1122
01-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Good Morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all... I think the cold that I have a week ago is coming back... ugh! Either that or this is something new... yesterday it felt like my chest was getting congested, by last night I was running a fever - soooo even though I am feeling a bit better this morning my chest is still congested and I am coughing so I am not sure if I should go to cycling class or not. We are supposed to me DS and DIL for brunch later this morning so I need to figure out what to order - I normally order oatmeal for breakfast when we go out but the place we are going to it is not very good so I will try and find something else.

Thanks for all the congrats! It was a good W/I and I enjoyed attending the meetings again.

Lizzie: We have a German Shep. and then we have a chow/lab mix - Gregous and Gabbie. At one time we had 4 dogs but two have passed away over the last couple of years so we are down to 2 and hoping to keep it at that for a while.

Peanut and Bandit: All Dressed Chips sound deadly! Glad they are not down here! Chips is not a huge problem for me but I am sure they taste so good that they would be if I ever had them!

Judy: How are you doing? Was the storm as bad as they said it was going to be?

Have a great day all.

Itryharder
01-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Hi All,
Storm didn't materialize, thank goodness! We had snow, but it was manageable. We're looking at a sunny brisk day----chilly, but the sun is helpful. Still snow on the ground.

Last night's party was so nice. We only knew the hostess/host and their kids, but the other guests were very nice people. The "birthday boy" was surprised since he thought his wife was taking him out to dinner and then there was a nice group of people. As far as food, I was surprised at how much I ate. When in a restaurant or even at a wedding, I'm ususally pretty careful. So today I'll compensate a bit by having eggwhites, my usual breakfast, and then the veggie soup with a bit of chicken later. I'm not stepping on the scale. I'm not saying I pigged out or anything, but the food portions were large and I ate them. Ugh! I think I was nervous being with people I didn't really know.

In any case, today is a new day and I think it will be quiet. Oh, nice news----I have an orchid plant that is ready to bloom again. I'm so pleased because I used to have a brown thumb, and now my plants are actually coming along without my killing them. LOL. It doesn't take much to please me.

Princess, knock that cold out soon! :goodvibes:

Everybody have a good Sunday!
Judy
234.6/190.2/170's and thinner :cool:

peanutt
01-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Princess, I hope you beat that cold!

Judy, I'm glad the storm didn't show!

We're currently buried under over almost a foot and half of snow that fell from Friday night to last night. AND we're plunging into a deep freeze that will last all through next week (daily highs below -20C, lows below -30C). The snow has stopped now, so hopefully the roads will be cleared and a bit better for the drive to work tomorrow!

My WI this week is finally down to my pre-Christmas weight. I lost 2lbs for the week. :) I was a little surprised about that because I was sooooo hungry for the last half of the week. I looked at my tracker and it looked like I ate so much more food than usual, but I was always within my daily/weekly/activity points.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!

FetchLizzie
01-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Good Morning Turtles -

looks like we are next in line for the snow - expecting it to hit sometime later this morning into early afternoon!:o

plan on making it out to my Zumba class before it gets bad

my WI is Tuesday - I feel like I haven't lost anything - but I've been staying within my points and exercising like crazy - so we will see:goodscale

Peanutt - Congrats on the loss:cheer3:

Itryharder - glad you enjoyed the party - meeting new people can be difficult:cofdate:

Princess - sorry about the cold :getwell:

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Lizzie

Princess1122
01-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Morning all and happy Monday to everyone.

This is just a quick fly-by to say hello and wish everyone a wonderful on-plan week... my cold is back full force and I feel like I have been hit by a truck. I am at work today though and will stay for as long as I can. I have a dinner that I am supposed to attend tonight with my coworkers and see little way out of it at this point... ugh. We are supposed to get a snow storm starting tomorrow morning so it should be interesting getting back and forth to work.

Have a great day all!

CherryAutumn
01-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Thanks for asking. Everyone is doing a little better. Colds aren't as bad as they have been. My weight loss mission on the other hand is not going so well at all. I haven't been keeping track of what i am eating. I am trying not to give up. I get a little down on myself when i dont see any progress and i actually start gaining weight.:dizzy: Sorry for the kinda down post. I just need to work on it.

life4evr
01-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Hope everyone is haing a good day. We have some snow here but it is mixed with slush. So you can see the ice underneath some of the snow. I weighed today and gained 1.7#. I am sure some of it is baby weight. I went to a baby shower this weekend and they had sandwhiches everywhere. I ate too many roast beef and turkey sandwhiches. So my daily points went back to 43 this week.

I am trying not to eat all day since I am stuck here. That's about it. Still finishing my best friends baby blanket. She is having the baby today yay and her husband made it back, so she is super excited.

School should have started back today but I am no longer in the program so nothing for me this semester :(. Umm I think that's it. Hope everyone has a good day.

Itryharder
01-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Hi All,
Life4evr, :goodvibes: for a positive future. How nice you're making a baby blanket. Are you knitting or is it out of fabric?

Cherry, :goodvibes: for getting things where you want them. Keep on posting, it's important.

Princess, :goodvibes: for a fast healing of your cold. Sorry you have to go out to dinner with group. I'm sure you'd rather be home in bed.

Bandit and Lizzie, here's a fast hi!

Gotta run. Having a tough time. I'm letting myself get down because I didn't meet my expectations. Sooooo, of course now I'm gaining weight. I've got to smack myself on the side of my head and get my brain adjusted.

I know the points+ works. Now I've got to work it, ignore the scale since my body is doing other things (hives, prednisone shot, etc) which make it difficult to lose weight. Now I've got to :cheer: up and do it!

Take care and have a great day, everybody!
Judy

FetchLizzie
01-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Hey Turtles

Snowed throughout the night and then the sun came up to tease - now it is snowing again :joker:

Trainer had to cancel as her son had a 2 hour delay - but I'll make it to Zumba tonight!

Hope everyone had a great on program day & here's to a successful week!:hug:

Tomorrow is weigh in for me :goodscale

Lizzie

life4evr
01-11-2011, 12:49 AM
Itryharder I am crocheting. I don't really knit, well not big items. It's done just have to thread some ribbon and put it in the mail. So they are calling for more snow and slush which equals ice :(. My eating has been so so today. I have been trying to eat more fruit when I just had to have something to snack on. That was about halfway successful. But tomorrow is another day. Hopefully I get to go to work. LOL just so I can get out of the house.

Itryharder
01-11-2011, 08:30 AM
Life4evr,
I crochet too. I make baby blankets in advance in either pink or blue. I have a nice little stock now. When I was making one, my little grandson who is well past toddler age, saw me and asked who it was for. I could tell he really liked it so I told him I was making it for him. He was so thrilled. Now I've got it finished. When it was almost finished, he curled up in it and was so happy. Isn't that funny? He's got a thing about blankets right about now. In any case, I'm very happy to give it to him. when my other grandkids visit, I may just see if they would like to have one too! Crochetting is a great way to pass the time while watching TV and it helps keep my hands busy and away from snacks.

EVerybody have a good day today. Yesterday was absolutely horrible food wise! Today is a new day and I've got to work on my thinking. Slow and easy has been the turtles motto and I was trying to rush things and got discouraged. Back to slow and easy for me.
Judy

bandit2
01-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Morning turtles

Trying to keep warm and stay on track. Yesterday was good with menu & got in 3 mile walk then I was putting some things away in my dd room & found
a bag of nachos which she didn't take back to her place & of course, I had to to open them & eat some. Really - so I ate them while watching a new show
Village on a Diet which should have motivated me not to snack. I put rest of bag out for squirrels today.

Has anyone seen the movie Black Swane? Going tonight with my ladies group - so another challenge with the movie popcorn. I am planning on having dinner beforehand & going to skip the popcorn, which will be major if I can do that.

Cherry - glad you are all feeling better & hope you get back on track.

Life- sorry about your gain. Losing weight is soooooooo difficult. Here's to having a better week.

Judy - I think we are all having a tough time since the holidays. For me, doesn't take much to get sidetracked as well. Good luck this week.

Lizzie - good luck tomorrow at the scales!

Princess - hope you are feeling better as well. Being sick is not fun and all I crave when I have a cold is soup & toast, which adds up quick point-wise.

All - we have to get back to what will give us success at the scales. Good luck everyone & hoping we all have a weight loss.

Princess1122
01-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Hi everyone... I left work at lunch time yesterday and am home again today... ugh, feel aweful but wanted to at least say hello.

I am like bandit, it is soup and toast for me while I am sick - I have lots of fruit here and thought about making a vitamin C packed smoothy but added it up and wow! Thats a lot of points but I think over all it will do my body good so if I can handle it I may do that for my lunch.

Have a good week everyone, will get back on when I can.

FetchLizzie
01-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Afternoon Turtles -

well, just returned home from weigh-in. As I expected, I was up; but only .6# (much less than I thought) I am happy with that as due to TOM, some medication and my workouts I was worried it would be more. I'm sure I'll pull some good numbers next week!

Princess - so sorry you are feeling under the weather - hopefully a day home for some rest and fluids will help:goodvibes

to everyone else - have a great day - keep warm and keep moving!:dancer:

Lizzie

life4evr
01-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Hope everyone had a good day.

Itryharder,
My niece who is now almost a teenager, got alot of her blankets that way, when she was younger. She would always ask my mom if she could have whatever blanket she was working on. LOL and of course my mom usually gave it to her.

So no work for me again. My eating has been pretty good. I am within in my points and I am pretty sure I am done eating for the night. So I have to add exercise back into the mix. I just realized I am not eating enough of veggies. Or at least not the ones that aren't starchy, I have a weakness for sweet potatoes. Other than that today was good. Hope everyone has a goodnight.

Princess1122
01-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Morning everyone... I made it to work today but am not sure that coming in was the smartest thing I have ever done... eating yesterday was not good at all, I did make the fruit smoothie but other than that it was a lot of crackers and toast.. I will worry about it all when I feel better and that is about the best I can do right now.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good week...

FetchLizzie
01-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Good Morning Turtles - Hope everyone is having a great day!

I really enjoyed my meeting yesterday & wanted to ask my turtle friends a question. We were discussing the Healthy Guidelines and I realized I don't "actively" work to get my 2 teaspoons of healthy oil in. :o

I've been doing really good getting fruits and veggies -working on upping my water intake & getting my multi-vitamin. But, I think I have an aversion to "adding" oil to anything! :cry:

My leader talked about how important the oil is. She even said that she has had 3 people in the last couple of weeks tell her they seem to be losing more hair than usual and sure enough - they aren't getting their healthy oils.:nono:

She also talked about how it helps keep our skin looking good and of course everything working properly on the inside.:^:

So - how do all of you get your healthy oils in every day?:high:

Lizzie

Itryharder
01-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Lizzie, not only do I have trouble getting in my healthy oils, but I also don't get in my milk. Egads! I do eat nuts and count them in, when I want to use the points I use olive oil to saute my eggwhites. Hope this helps.

When I get a minute, I'll start a new thread since we're really long again.
Judy

I'm eating better today. Princess, feel better fast. You're doing great. No cigarettes, better meal plans. The cold will go and healthy foods will look good again. Treat yourself right right now.

peanutt
01-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Quick drive by!

Lizzie - I get most of my healthy oils from nuts or olive oil (even though I think the letter of the WW law says that nuts don't count for healthy oils, many other resources I've read say they are an excellent source of healthy oils). I roast root veggies in olive oil, rosemary and thyme and it's delish! I also found a great recipe for biscuits that are fairly plan friendly and made with olive oil instead of butter.

bandit2
01-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - the book I am starting to read is The Reader by Bernard Schlink.
My bookclub is reading Secret Daughter but I couldn't get copy from library so am skipping it this month. Hope you are feeling better today.

Judy - glad to hear you are eating better today, keep it going.
For milk, I add 1/2 cup skim to smoothies, add to cereal & have with my tea/coffee. I never drink it by itself, just can't do it.

Lizzie - for the oil I use Olive Oil when I can and mix that with red wine vinegar for most of my salads. But there are days when I probably don't get in enough.

Peanutt - how is your week going?

All - snowey day today, but at least it was sunny for the most part.

Itryharder
01-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Hi Turtles,
Good tips.
We've gotten very long, so I'll see you all at the new thread, #247 Bale of Turtles Dealing with the Snow.
Judy
We've got a fresh 15" here and I have a feeling Tessa has a lot more than that. Tessa, how are you doing? Any more rabbits?